• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Sapling

Sapling is a People Operations Platform.

Learn more about Sapling

Asif M.
Software Engineer

"Onboarding experience"

Pros: Usability and look and feel is quite nice. App is responsive and clear.

Cons: Mostly around the People/Team members section. * I would appreciate if i can click on the team member profile and open it in a separate tab.
* No clean way to come back to list of team members (except clicking on the browser back).
* Persist the filtering/page size: If i apply a filter or change pagesize, then click on a team member profile and come back to list, the previous filters/pagesize is lost and i have to reapply.
Also i noticed while filling personal details, in Gender dropdown there is no field for LGBT, it would be nice to have that option for people who identify differently.

Jenn L.
Sr Manager, HR Operations
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-20

"Quality Pre-Boarding for Future Employees"

Comments: Our experience with Sapling was amazing from selection to going live. Estefany was our point of contact through the implementation process and she was incredibly organized, thorough and helpful. It was really an amazing experience.

Pros: I love that the tool integrates seamlessly with Greenhouse and WorkforceNow, that it's easy to use, that it's visually appealing and customizable.

Cons: It works great, unfortunately I need to enter 40 characters in this box.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-20
Human Resources Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-25

"So far it's good for the on-boarding process. Especially getting them started before they join."

Comments: Getting information out the candidate before they begin and being able to give tasks to employees for new hires.

Pros: I can pass on tasks to other employees in the company and getting information to the employee before they begin.

Cons: Still some bugs they need to get through. I'd like to be able to customize a little more, but overall a good program.

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience with us. While we are happy to hear that Sapling has being a great asset for your onboarding flow, we also want to ensure that you are successful with your employee experience.

We'd love to learn more about what additional customization you hoped for.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-25
Veda P.
Health Management Information Specialist 2
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-09

"Sapling"

Comments: Overall, I would recommend this to all businesses.

Pros: I love Sapling, the fact that the customers, employees and even suppliers can connect and work together through this program is definitely a pro.

Cons: I love everything about sapling but I wish they could integrate office 365 and also sometimes you have to have a minimum 40 count even if you want to leave something blank.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-09
Senior Technical Writer
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-02

"Sapling is a great HRIS"

Comments: Sapling really seems like a great fit for a company at our stage of growth. It seems to have everything we need.

Pros: The interface feels modern and simple; it strives to look and behave like the best apps that you use every day. It makes simple tasks as simple as they should be, and complex tasks easier to accomplish.
I like how Sapling encourages profile creation for a more social experience. Most HRIS software is cold and treats you like a peon. Sapling takes a warmer approach and makes it feel like you're connecting better with your coworkers.

Cons: The interface needs some more polish and performance improvements. Sapling also faces the same issue that other employee experience apps have where some parts of the interface can feel empty depending on how many features are in your company's license, and to what extent your company is utilizing those features. The layout (information architecture) seems too flat - It doesn't tell me what's most important.

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

Thank you for your insightful feedback and time. This feedback has been shared with the broader team. We have taken action to changes as needed. We've changed our release cycles to ensure there is no impact on application performance.

Moving forward, we hope Sapling continues to provide you with a platform that allows you better connect with your organization.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-02
User Experience Designer
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-13

"Super easy to receive and complete tasks. I don't like how often I get signed out though."

Comments: I know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing any any given time during our work week. Particularly helpful when onboarding to a new company.

Pros: Everything is simply labeled and easy to find. Menus are minimal in length so I can find stuff, the colors are not garish, the work flows are intuitive.

Cons: I get logged out after some minuscule amount of time. Sometimes I get massive amounts of lag in between screens, which is frustrating and I over-click

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time. We are glad to hear that Sapling has provided you with a source of truth to ensure you are successful with your day to day flow.

In regards to the logout issue, we had a release that allows for this setting to be updated on the company level. Previously, after being idle for a few minutes the system would log you out for security purposes. But this should no longer be an issue.

Nick G.
Customer Implementation Coordinator Intern
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-17

"It's been easy viewing my tasks and referencing my profile to see what my teammates names are"

Comments: It's made training and onboarding easy

Pros: It's laid out simply so it's easy to navigate to each area. I also love that I can see my entire team on here.

Cons: Sometimes it was difficult to find a task again if I accidentally marked a task as completed when it wasn't.

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

Congrats on the new role! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your insights. We are glad to hear that your onboarding and employee experience were enhanced by using Sapling.

We are always looking to make improvements where we can, so thank you for identifying your pain point with tasks. If you ever wanted to locate all completed tasks, you can do so by navigating over to the historical tasks and selecting on completed. This will provided you with an overview of all completed tasks.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-17
Joao F.
User
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-20

"Great for Task and Onboarding"

Comments: Centralized platform to manage employees and assign tasks for onboarding

Pros: Easiness of use combined with the option to scale according to business needs. Sapling provides a great platform to ensure employees stay organized.

Cons: Sapling has its own limitations and does not support a variety of other onboarding features that might be available through other solutions. Still, I believe this to be the best option for usability

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear that you found Sapling's interface intuitive. We are always looking to improve our platform and have new exciting releases upcoming. If you have any feature request, we'd love to hear about them.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-20
Melissa H.
people ops manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-11

"Easy to use and super helpful!"

Pros: Love how easy it had made the on boarding process for new employees and for internal folks as well!

Cons: Occasional bugs when using the software but the Sapling team is super responsive and quick to fix issues!

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

We appreciate your feedback Melissa. We are happy to hear that Sapling has been a moving part to helping your team automate their employee experience.

We strive to ensure that whenever a problem arises, we fix it right away. Thank you for letting us know that your issues have been fixed in a timely manner and we are happy to keep helping out in anyway we can.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-11
Linna B.
Senior QA Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-12

"My experience with Sapling has been a positive one. It is a very useful and easy tool to use."

Pros: This tool has helped me start my remote job in a very organized way. I got the instructions from the Peoples Ops team even before my start date through Sapling. It also helped me meet my new colleagues while working remotely.

Cons: It is not necessarily that I don't like but I wish there were more features implemented in your applications.

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-08-14

We are glad to hear that Sapling has been useful to you as you were being onboarded.

We are always looking to improve our product and appreciate the feedback.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-12
Director of Talent Acquisition
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-27

"Experience a great pre-boarding experience!"

Comments: Overall great.

Pros: I liked the personalization of the messaging and branding as it came from the organization. There was a heads up as to what to expect - where to go and made me feel that there is a plan in place to ensure my success. It made me feel that the company cared about it's new hires. I like that you can meet the team and connect with them prior to your start.

Cons: The request to write up a profile was required and it didn't let me know what would happen - would it be immediately published - could I change it later? Who would see it? (it could very well be how it was configured and communicated by my company) I wish that you could enter your information once and it would pre-populate (Name, SS, DOB etc for onboarding docs)

Compliance Analyst
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-09

"Painless onboarding"

Pros: All of the docs I needed to review and then sign were right at my fingertips. The organization and presentation of these docs was great.

Cons: I am on a personal crusade to have UX designers embrace full dark colors on a light background. The lighter colors may look cool, or even worse, white text on a light color, but those choices make items hard to read and easy to miss.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-09
Converter Squad
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-15

"There were some technical glitches but overall a good experience"

Pros: I love the task center, it made onboarding easy. I'm not a fan of text box minimums on reviews......

Cons: I didn't like that there were authentication scenarios that were not addressed, like being logged in for the first time and my session expiring led to some weird interactions of having to log out entirely and start over. Also, some tasks wouldn't show up in the list until I deleted my cookies and started over. (I actually contacted your support team about it).

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience with us. We hope our support team was able to ensure that these issues were fixed.

Hope that your experienced has improved since, and we are glad to hear that overall your experience was a good one.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-15
Matias N.
Customer Experience Representative
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-08

"First time using this software"

Comments: Just startted working at BEAT. Getting used to it, but it seems very interesting and versatile

Pros: Its easy to use, very intuitive. Versatile. Helps very much for overalls.

Cons: You complete specific data to better manage and get to know coworkers. Have an idea of your work environment.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-08
Toluwani O.
Associate UX Researcher

"Very easy to use"

Pros: It's pretty intuitive. I like that you have multiple options for your signature.

Cons: The chat box "X" was at the bottom of the chat box while I expected it to be on top of the chat window. It took me a few minutes to find it.

HR Business Partner
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-05

"A good tool!"

Pros: Sapling has really streamlined our new hire on boarding and made my life 10x easier.

Cons: I think the product still has a long way to go - every other week I feel like something is breaking or I have a weird glitch and that can't be explained.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-05
Joanne S.
Senior Technical Product Manager

"Easy to use and clear"

Pros: Very clear form with clear next steps and progression bar. Also, very intuitive user interface, with a clear call to actions on each step.

Cons: On the forms, would be good to understand what we're signing it for (took some time trying to understand). Additionally, would be nice to have some of them autofilled from previous data provided (not sure if legally allowed)

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

We appreciate the constructive feedback and are thrilled that we were able to provide a smooth onboarding and employee experience.

With documents, you are now able to ensure that data is prefilled by using document custom tokens. Any profile fields that you have within Sapling can be added to a document to ensure automation of data.

Fangning H.
Assistant Controller
Food Production, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-09

"Good system"

Comments: Good system overall.

Pros: Good system;
Easy to navigate;
User friendly.

Cons: it doesn't work very well via IE browser. I tried to upload my photo via IE browser, but it didn't work.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-09
Geeta B.
sales
Banking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-07

"excellent experience"

Comments: I was using it for hiring purpose and easy way plus time saver

Pros: I dont need to take so many print outs and fax it to them or email them easy way to fill information

Cons: little hard to do signature part because of little less space I guess

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

Thank you sharing your experience with how Sapling has helped improved your internal processes.

We hope that as you continue using Sapling, we help you refocus from people admin to people strategy.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-07
Angela W.
senior pm
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-25

"Just used it for the first time to preboard a new company I just joined"

Pros: I just had my preboarding before my first day at a new job. Great to get an intro and history of the company that I am joining. Pretty easy to use and I like how I can access the directory before my first day. Overall, it's pretty good.

Cons: When I was filling out the i-9 and other HR related forms, I had previously filled out my address. I wish those can be translated to the forms that I was filling out so I didn't have to type the same information several times. It may take several seconds to load up some of the content.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-25
Steven L.
Machine Learning Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-19

"Pre-boarding Review"

Comments: Overall, I was pretty satisfied with Sapling, everything was pretty easy to use and the UI looked nice.

Pros: Sapling was intuitive to use. Everything was clearly displayed, and it was easy to navigate back and forth between steps.

Cons: During the document signing phase, there were some cases where the close button wouldn't operate correctly and I wouldn't be able to finish signing the rest of the forms. I resorted to refreshing the page, but it ended up erasing all of the info I had on the form signing page which made it so that I would have to fill in everything again.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-19
Sheila W.
Payroll Specialsit

"Easy"

Pros: The software was easy to maneuver. Had no issues with locating what I needed.

Cons: No Cons for me, there was nothing that I did not like.

Scott N.
Receptionist
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

"Sapling Review"

Pros: The simplicity! The layout is great and I would for sure recommend to other companies.

Cons: Nothing at all! It was all great!!!!!!

Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-13

"Best onboarding experience I've had yet"

Pros: 1. The segmented approach to filling in forms make it very easy to complete forms
2. I like the prioritized approach to tasks with the clear red/green markers

Cons: 1. The calendar doesn't clear delineate between tasks that I have and other events
2. The task window has too many things going on; assignee, workflow, completed by, etc. These feilds could be hidden in advanced area that would allow the user to focus on actual tasks.

Dima F.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-19

"Easy and straight-forward"

Pros: Ease of use, the onboarding process over Sapling was very pleasant. the app has a very elegant Material design.

Cons: The first screen of the onboarding process looks a bit weird on very wide screen (34"), the text should be narrowed down.

by Sapling Technologies on 2018-12-01

Hi Dima! We truly appreciate your insights. We are happy to hear that Sapling has been easy to use and that you enjoyed the user interface.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you experienced with during your onboarding. I will share this information with our team.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-19