15 years helping Canadian businesses

About BrightHR

BrightHR: smart software that transforms people management. All the tools you need to remove the HR burden and give you peace of mind.

Learn more about BrightHR

Pros:

Clean, mostly well-laid out web interface makes most operations simple.

Cons:

At first overwhelming but had someone come in and broke it down.

BrightHR ratings

4.6
4.8
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

BrightHR has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 77 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BrightHR before?

Aaron
Aaron
Finacial Director in Ireland
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Great System

Comments: It has helped streamline or holiday system as it has often been troublesome trying to organise them around each other when you've to keep a minimum number of staff

Pros:

It keeps all of the information in an easy to use space and helps reduce the amount of paper needed for records. The leave request system is great and being able to notify staff when you've uploaded documents removes the hassle of ensuring everyone receives the information.

Cons:

The rota system is a little clunky. It would be great if you could copy a previous published rota or have some way to save the shift times so as you don't have to enter the start and finish time for each staff member on every day. You should also be able to change staff between fixed and variable shifts.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review! We're always looking at how we can improve what we do so keep an eye out for updates to the rota.

jenny
Manager in UK
Airlines/Aviation, 2–10 Employees

Review after help given.

Comments: Great, clear, help when needed, the team have all set themselves up without any dramas and now using daily. Also really handy with the absent request which comes through on my email. Just a lot smoother running.

Pros:

The easiness of setting it up and that I can monitor all of the teams clocking in and out. This has helped immensely in making sure we are all on time and what happens when there is an over run.

Cons:

Getting used to it, Ive signed up to the seminars as I don't feel like I am using it to its full potential. In the first form, I could not find our "industry" and have clicked the top one. We work in Arboriculture (trees).

4 years ago

Thank you for your review. Great to hear this is something you're now using daily within your business!

Joanne
General manager in Ireland
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Move from HR Online

Comments: We have requested to cancel our contract and go back to HR online which we felt was a much better platform for our needs.

Pros:

Nothing. There is nothig that me or any of my 75 employees like about this app

Cons:

Everything - there is much less functionalitiy than we had with HR Online and this is supposed to be an 'upgrade' • User interface is complicated and too many clicks needed. • TOIL must be logged by Managers and not employees. • Approval notifications can only be ‘all’ or ‘no one’. • The notes section is not as detailed & does not retain historical information. • The Managers cant see the notes. • The salary section does not retain historical information. • The roster is time-consuming and cumbersome. • The reports are not as concise as they were and we have less options. • Leave requests do not seem to take account of the weekends or public holidays as they did on HR Online. • The app is not downloadable on ALL android phones.

4 years ago

Sorry to hear this. We've contacted you directly to get this resolved.

Accounting Software, Self Employed

Industry leading HR software

Pros:

Lots of features, especially the employee tracking app

Cons:

Is pretty expensive compared to other software

Kevin
H.R Manager in UK
Cosmetics, 11–50 Employees

Great Support

Comments: If your stuck on anything or unsure how to operate it, the Bright HR team are always on hand to take your call to support you. They are always happy to talk to you, it feels personal.

Pros:

its very easy to use, and the dashboard helps you navigate through the platform

Cons:

All the features are easy to use and keeps all holidays etc all in one place

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! Great to hear this wonderful feedback.

Environmental Services, 51–200 Employees

Simple interface, easy to use

Pros:

User-friendly, simple to use for office staff and field staff. App works well.

Cons:

Nothing stands out, we thought it was a good system

Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Excellent product and customer service

Comments: No requirement for physical calendar which is prone to errors, staff can access planner anytime and anywhere, approvals for annual leave are straight forward and managed more effectively

Pros:

Very easy to use, straight forward setup, very quick to answer queries, customer support has been excellent so far - definitely the way forward to outsource HR for small businesses!

Cons:

Some areas needed a bit more explanation and guidance on how best to use

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! If you need any more support in the future just get in touch.

, Self Employed

This makes HR a breeze!

Pros:

Asking for time off and coordinating the team's holiday schedules has never been easier. I like how simple it makes it for me to ask for time off and to choose which dates will be my holiday time off.

Cons:

I don't like how sometimes there are a couple of minor glitches in the calendar when trying to go back a page.

4 years ago

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! If you do run into any issues just get in touch with us, we're happy to help get these resolved.

Dan
Group Reputation Officer in UK
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Great piece of kit

Pros:

Easy to use which allows us to focus on other aspects of work and allows employees to book holidays via the app which they find really useful.

Cons:

Some say its limited in its features, but I find it suits my needs and we're kept up to date from the sales/service team at bright of the up and coming features.

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review! Great to hear your positive feedback.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Keeps all your HR info in one place

Pros:

I love the request holidays function, that you can store files such as employment contracts on Bright HR and that you can view the calendar for your whole company/department - all this is one place!

Cons:

This nothing I don't like about this software!

4 years ago

Fantastic! Thank you for this wonderful feedback, just get in touch if you need any support in the future.

FD in UK

It is fine but limited

Pros:

It is cloud based and has a mobile app

Cons:

Your receipts don't have your VAT number on - how hard can it be? I want to be able to export all data so that I can see what fields are missing for which employees

4 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, we're always looking at ways to improve what we do and will pass this feedback onto our development team.

Richard
Operations Supervisor in UK
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Bright HR

Comments: Bright HR has brought a whole new professional image to our company and as we have grown this is exactly what we needed.

Pros:

So easy for my members of staff to book their holidays and see all of their HR files in one place.

Cons:

no real cons as is 100 times better then our previous system.

4 years ago

This is brilliant to hear! We're glad you're enjoying to software, just let us know if you need any support in the future.

Centre Manager in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Really easy to use system

Pros:

Everything is so intuitive and easy to navigate around. I love the idea of moving to a paperless system for my employees. Customer support is excellent - very helpful and approachable.

Cons:

I can't think of anything that I dislike.

4 years ago

Thank you for your 5* review! Wonderful to hear about your positive experience with BrightHR.

Karen
General Manager in UK
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

FT review of Bright HR

Comments: We currently use excel spreadsheets to record everything. Just messy. This will improve systems and save time.

Pros:

Ease of use, everything in one place. Backed up to the cloud.

Cons:

I have not found any cons. we are very happy with the software

4 years ago

Amazing to hear this positive feedback! Just get in touch if you need any more support in the future.

Geraldine
Manager in Ireland
Individual & Family Services, 2–10 Employees

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Community Addiction Team

Comments: My experience so far has Been positive. The setting up was very straight forward

Pros:

So user friendly ease in navigating through the system.

Cons:

Nothing so far the support i received in setting it up was excellent

4 years ago

Great to hear you're finding the software useful! Just let us know if you need any more support in the future.

Demi-Louise
Manager in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Training

Comments: training very good and useful.

Pros:

system seems very self explanatory, easy to use, user-friendly. e-learning courses included.

Cons:

Rota system seems very basic, unable to use for health care settings - means we need to pay separately for secondary roster system. does not include invoicing customers.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We would love to know more about how you would use the rosters in your sector and how we can improve the functionality to support your business. If you could get in touch at [email protected], we would love to hear more.

STANLEY
Director in UK
Security & Investigations, 51–200 Employees

BRIGHT HR

Comments: SIMPLIFIES OUR HR SYSTEM.

Pros:

EASY TO USE, AND VERY EFFECTIVE TO OUR ORGANISATION.

Cons:

CAN'T UPLOAD SHIFTS ON IT FOR STAFF TO BOOK.

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review!

des
Managing Director in Sweden
International Trade & Development, 11–50 Employees

New User

Comments: Had considered alternative products but Bright HR was highly recommeded by an associate organisation. The experience thus far has been exceptional from the initial contact up to where we are now.

Pros:

Ease of use, but more importantly the level of professionalism which which the product has been offered, implemented and supported.

Cons:

Nothing to dislike as yet - will keep you informed

4 years ago

This is fantastic to hear! Glad to hear about your positive experience with BrightHR.

carl
Owner in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Nev's News & Booze

Comments: Very good

Pros:

Straight forward once explained! Great to have software to help my business to run smoothly.

Cons:

I don't really use any software as were only a small business I'm hoping it will help me run my business run much more efficiently. The only thing I can say I least liked about the software was the price!

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! If you do need any support in getting started just let us know, we're here to help.

Penny
HR Administrator in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Bright HR

Comments: Looking forward to using the software soon.

Pros:

Really easy to use the software and it seems to be flexible, which is really important in my non-standard business.

Cons:

For the annual leave, it would have been good to have an option to allow people to view everyone's annual leave without being able to authorise requests.

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review! Great to hear your feedback.

SEO Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Does exactly what it says on the tin!

Comments: As a small business, we've found this app incredibly useful and a great addition to the whole BrightHR package. It does exactly what it promises with a really easy to understand user interface; can't fault it really!

Pros:

Easy to use with a fun and simple design, plus it helps us out with our HR!

Cons:

None actually...we really like this app!

4 years ago

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! Just get in touch if you need any support in the future.

david
director in UK
Civil Engineering, 2–10 Employees

life saving company

Comments: great . i really feel that they have put the company in a better place

Pros:

apps and easy to follow structure helped me create all docs and saved it online

Cons:

at first overwhelming but had someone come in and broke it down

4 years ago

This is great to hear! We're always happy to help if you do need any support in the future.

Denis
Operations Manager in Ireland
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Pleasant

Pros:

Clean, very user friendly, with good features.

Cons:

A tool to import data into the system would be much appreciated, also connectivity with Bl!p

4 years ago

Great to hear this positive feedback! We're always looking at ways to improve what we do and have passed on your great feedback to our development team.

Jo
Owner in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great product

Comments: Great help

Pros:

Helps people that’s new with dealing with employees with simple software package with all you need.

Cons:

There was nothing I didn’t like about it.

4 years ago

Brilliant to hear! Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Jamie
Director in UK
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Future Proof

Comments: Very good

Pros:

Very easy to use and perfect to future proof us as a business

Cons:

Having to input data, But once its done its done!

4 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review!