Filter by:

• Overall

About Receptive

Leading B2B SaaS companies use Receptive to build winning products.

Learn more about Receptive

Elisabeth H.
Director of Member Support and Training in U.S.

Easy to set up, great transparency for end-users to see multiple priorities

5 3 years ago

Comments: This has totally changed how we handle enhancements. Also, their support is STELLAR both in helping get started and in dealing with issues that arise during use.

Pros:

Receptive was the "silver bullet" we needed to get our enhancement requests organized. We went from a pile of unresolved open "help desk" tickets filled with ideas for our product (and I mean, well over 1,000 of these) to an organized place where users can search, submit, and vote on enhancements. We can show what we're planning to do, what we are rejecting, and how many users are interested in a particular enhancement. One of my favorite parts is the "sliders" that allow users to see if they want to prioritize a certain enhancement, that automatically means de-prioritizing another - that is a great message that users see for themselves without my team having to say a word.

Cons:

I was going to say, more flexibility in reports; but they do tend to add new ones periodically so we're pretty happy.

3 years ago

Hi Elisabeth, thank you so much for all your support and the review. We really enjoy working with you too & we are so pleased to see how well Receptive is working! Best, Hannah & team

Melanie W.
Product Owner in U.S.

Feature Requests and management in a breeze!

5 4 years ago

Comments: Organized feature requests, client transparency, in house road map visibility, feature request integration with JIRA for real-time client updates, the ability to talk regarding new potential features, competitor advantages due to clients telling-all, business case examples from clients are easier to receive, a place to place prospect client feature requests, ability to search for outstanding, reporting tools, feature analysis on cost vs. want.

Pros:

I love how it is versatile and easy to use. Everyone in our company is able to utilize Receptive without massive training. They can get started the same day that their account is set up. In receptive they are able to see what is in the feedback stage, what is being built, and the roadmaps. It's a one stop shop without having to ask everyone how to use it! I also love their blog, check it out even if you are not in the market for their software.

Cons:

I wish there was an advanced searching capacity/flexibility, BUT, Receptive uses its own software for its own product -- how convenient! I'm able to stay on top of my own feature requests and what I'd like to have. Plus I can check out their external roadmap published to clients.

Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.
Product Manager in U.S.
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

It was the perfect tool/fit for what we were looking to achieve idea/feature request collection

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It helps the Product team understand what our users want, gives them an opportunity to voice their opinion about the direction of the product. I can also inform our users of what has recently released, which is a perfect replacement for what we were doing earlier.

Cons:

The lack of permissions for the plan we are on, seems like it would be a standard. There are other requests we would like to see as well but over all its been fantastic!

4 years ago

Thanks so much for submitting this review Jonathan. Great to hear Receptive is working well for you

Kristell C.
Head of support in France

The best tool to collect client's feedback

5 5 years ago

Comments: We used to collect manually clients requests and do the follow up manually when we released a new feature. That's was so time-consuming and not scalable.
With Receptive, everything is simple! For my own clients: create a request, vote and decide which feature is priority #1 for them.
On my side, I can:
- let clients who are waiting for a specific feature know that we're building it with a single click
- access tons of data to make the right decision with our product manager. (what's the most popular request for high-value clients, for trials, etc.)
- create a visual roadmap so our clients know what we planned to work on.
Cherry on the cake: their customer service is great.

Pros:

easy to use, support always available to help, no other tools to provide all their features.

Cons:

nothing!

5 years ago

Thanks so much for the review Kristell - we appreciate it!

Jaimie F.
Product Manager in U.K.
11-50 Employees

Powerful feedback & feature request portal that saves us time and resources

5 5 years ago

Comments: I am very happy with Receptive so far. Our customers have found it easy to navigate and are reprioritizing their requests on a regular basis. In regards to the customer feedback/feature request portal, Receptive is much more powerful than the other software we've tried. The feature scoring alone will save us a significant amount of time and resources. The best part in my opinion is that our roadmap is completely transparent to our customers and they can check-in on the status of their requests on their own rather than having to email or call me.

It is also VERY helpful to have Aly as our Customer Success Manager. She is accessible and supportive which is essential when onboarding to a new system. I can recall when I asked if she had instructional materials for end users and within a week she had them available on their website which I was able to provide to our customers.

I find the system very intuitive and the customers I have spoken to agree that it is easy to use on their end as well.

5 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for us, Jaimie. Really appreciate it and great to see you are enjoying working with Aly too!

Brandon T.
U.S.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Finally, a truly customer driven product development management tool

5 5 years ago

Comments: We've used all sorts of development product management tools, from custom in-house to Microsoft Project online. Ultimately, they end up requiring more time to manage the tool than we were spending writing code. And, we usually lost the customer priorities somewhere in the process. Receptive lets you follow a lean development model, spend more time focused on developing your solution rather than managing it, and most importantly delivering features your customers want! It's the future of managing software development. Oh, by the way they have a some of the customer service we have experienced. We suspect that it's a by-product of them eating their own dog-food.

5 years ago

Brandon - thank you for the review. It's very much appreciated and we look forward to continuing our work with you and the team.

Christian H.
Christian H.
Product Manager in U.S.

Useful and easy-to-use. Better than Salesforce Ideas.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Our product team previously used 'Salesforce Ideas' (an add-on module to SFDC) for a few years to manage inbound feedback from the field. However, as we grew and as the variety and volume of requests grew, the limitations of this module became very apparent. Managing, de-duplicating, and deepening our understanding of submitted requests was quite painful. Receptive, in contrast, has allowed us to easily review and triage incoming product feature requests from our sales/services teams, and identify which requests will make the most impact for our customers. Integrating Receptive was as painless as we could've hoped for, and our teams love using it. Great work to the Receptive team for building a useful tool for product teams.

Cons:

Managing users takes a bit of time, but that was expected. Otherwise the tool does exactly what we need it to do.

4 years ago

Thank you very much Christian! We're working hard on automation and there's a new ROI dashboard coming out soon to show current time saving and to improve the process even further. You'll be notified of new releases of course ;)

Marc G.
Marc G.
Product Manager in U.K.

Forum concept was a killer

3 2 years ago

Comments: Overall the product was easy to use and the customer service was great. However, the forum approach didn't sit well with our current needs.

Pros:

Having a single place where users could submit ideas/feedback was useful as otherwise these would have gotten lost in email threads or spreadsheets. Users could be kept up to date when a feature they had voted on was updated, which took some of the manual process out of announcing new features.

Cons:

Users could see each others comments and would get an email whenever another user commented on a feature they were desperate for. On many occasions these features became a hive of activity with users who were angry that this feature hadn't been worked on. If no one from the product team responded to their comments this would also anger the users as it gave the impression that the team weren't listening to their feedback. As users could suggest feature ideas themselves there would be lots of duplicate ideas, that would make the voting system inaccurate.

Matt W.
CEO in U.K.

Best tool for user feedback in a SaaS app

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It's drastically increased the amount of feedback we receive. We especially like the `engagement emails you can send out which are personalized to each user. It really helps them get to grips with our feedback process and invites them to add new ideas that they have. It's saved us a lot of time and effort, and now we can see our customers priorities.

Cons:

With a lot of ideas the backlog can we quite hard to find old ideas but thats a hard problem to solve

4 years ago

Thank you for the review Matt. We'll be in touch about the backlog of ideas.

Warwick J.
Director in Australia

Brilliant customer discovery, engagement, and planning tool

5 5 years ago

Comments: Receptive helps me discover what my customers want most. They love the sense that they have a say in the direction of the software (and the unpopular requests from a single customer are easy to bat away). Receptive helps me plan which features will be most valuable to my business , eliminating the guesswork.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to integrate into my saas. Brilliant feedback and reporting, great support.

Cons:

Haven't found any yet.

5 years ago

Hi Warwick, thank you so much for the review. So pleased to see you are happy with everything!

Sabine D.
Partner Manager in U.K.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Delivers a platform and service that we were using 5 others to do.

5 6 years ago

Comments: A platform that replaced Trello, GitHub, GoogleDrive, email and ZenDesk in one. Receptive reduces the time spent on feature request management by almost 50 hours per month, which for a startup of 6 staff has been game-changing. Receptive has enabled us to build closer and trusting relationships with clients through transparency, better abilities to listen and being able to be more responsive to their prioritised requests. As a team, Receptive are supportive, friendly and as passionate about our success as we are.

5 years ago

Thanks so much for the review Sabine. We love working with Beatroot :)

Dave B.
Dealer Product Director in U.S.

Easy to set up, but with meaningful/powerful features.

3 4 years ago

Comments: Feedback process within our org.

Pros:

Was able to set up a working system in under an hour, distributed company-wide. As business requirements evolved, we realized the product suite had all of those needs covered. Very pleased with the ease of use while also allowing a deeper dive as a power user when required.

Cons:

Comments section timestamp sorting feels odd to see the newest comment first instead of last. It's weird to me to read the entire conversation from the bottom up.

4 years ago

Thanks Dave - really appreciate the review.

Simon W.
CEO in U.S.

Excellent software - does exactly what it says it will do!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Originally, we were using Trello to manage any requests that came in. After a while it started to get out of hand and we had such a massive backlog that we simply ignored it. We went searching for a solution and found Receptive. It manages to solve the exact problems we were facing. It's saved us time, helps me make product decisions and shows our customers that we're listening. It doesn't try to be something it's not, and what it is, is a great tool for managing our feedback.

4 years ago

Thanks so much Simon. Appreciate the review!

Josh W.
VP Dealer Services in U.K.

A better product, happier customers and 20 hours per month saved with Receptive

5 6 years ago

Comments: Prior to finding Receptive, we were using a manual system to tally votes as they came in from customer support and trying to notify customers one by one as features were released. Receptive takes all of this and automates it, gives us way more insight into customer demand and helps us make data-backed decisions. Our customers love that we use Receptive to manage feature requests because they know their voice is being heard. It's helped us raise the engagement level of our users by giving them an outlet to provide suggestions and ideas and get involved in shaping our product roadmap. Integration was really simple, with their javascript widget we were all set up within a few hours. Single sign-on allows our users to go straight to our Receptive dashboard from our app and add, vote, and prioritize their feature requests. The interface is very clean and simple for our users and team members to use. We have a dedicated Customer Success manager who regularly helps us with any questions that come up. Highly recommended!

5 years ago

Thank you so much for the in-depth review Josh. It's really appreciated and we love working with SupplyStream.

Ross F.
Ross F.
Operations Manager in U.S.
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

If everything is hot, nothing is hot

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Every user has a bunch of requests, this software forces them to decide which on is their top request and to prioritize the others.

Cons:

Needs to integrate better with major product management software companies out of the box. eg Jira

3 years ago

Thank you for the review Ross!

Remi A.
COO in France

Receptive, the only Product Demand Intelligence software you'll ever need

5 5 years ago

Comments: While looking for a place software where we could orchestrate SalesScreen customer's requests alongside our own internal wishes, I stumbled upon Receptive and was sold right away. Receptive has not only avoided the trap of building a do-it-all product but based on my research they built a whole new category of must-have product for any SaaS company: Product Demand Intelligence. They have taken a deep dive into what REALLY makes customer feedback challenging to handle, and executed beautifully, building a product which is extremely flexible, easy to use yet super powerful. One feature comes to mind to illustrate how innovative Receptive is: features prioritisation.
The idea could not be any simpler: one individual (employee or customer) marks several features at 'want's'. The traditional approach consists in letting that individual grade how important each of these features are, to which he/she invariably answers that all of them should be implemented yesterday. Receptive made one tiny but fundamental change: Rating one feature as super important will automatically downscale the importance the other features. I was personally sold on that feature alone.
Receptive may not come cheap for small businesses, but it is worth every cents for any software company who's serious about growing a product that customers want. But I'd add that Receptive have provided us with more than just a stellar product. They are also great teachers. Each of my recurring chats with their customer success team, brings its lot of puzzling questions, new perspectives and potential improvements, each forcing me to take a hard look on how we handle and could improve the management of our product roadmap. If you are not convinced, spending 10 minutes on their blog should suffice to see that Receptive has a lot of great knowledge and wisdom to share. I could not recommend Receptive enough.

5 years ago

Thank you so much for the review Remi. We love working with you all and we are super pleased you are happy with the service and product. It's with customers like you that we continue to learn too - so thank you!

Tue S.
Tue S.
VP of Customer Experience in Denmark

Moves product development from a 'gut feeling' to knowing based on customer feedback

5 3 years ago

Pros:

To further utilize our customers in the development process, we have implemented a tool, Receptive, where we invite some of our users to add feature requests and prioritize existing feature requests according to their needs. This tool also makes it possible to share our product development roadmap with our customers so they know when they can expect a certain feature to be implemented. Having customers prioritize feature requests has the benefit of taking us from a gut feeling of what features we think are most important to customers, to a feeling of truly knowing what features are most important to customers. As our product and customer base grows, this will become an invaluable tool in our future product development.

Cons:

The user interface looks a bit dated. I also find that the product is a bit pricey. That is about it :-)

3 years ago

Hi Tue, Thank you so much for your review. It's brilliant to hear Receptive is working well for you.

Jared F.
Jared F.
Customer Support Champion in U.S.
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Breath of Fresh Air

5 3 years ago

Comments: I have had outstanding service with the team that helped us launch the software. They want to help us use it, not just make sure we are paying for it. I really appreciate how much time they have spent with us.

Pros:

Receptive really helps make managing feedback easy. It looks good, feels official and is very little effort on my end.

Cons:

I had to think for a bit on this. I wish I could see the total count of all my requests more easily.

3 years ago

Thanks so much for your ongoing support Jared. Loved the case study you did with the team and we are thrilled things are going well. Best, Hannah & team