Filter by:

• Overall

About eHopper

eHopper is a free mobile POS system including free processing. Ideal for retail and restaurants to speed up operations and grow sales.

Learn more about eHopper

Jaime R.
Jaime R.
Point Of Sale Deployment Manager in U.S.
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees

Great Company, Great Software, Awesome Service

5 3 years ago

Comments: Ehopper has awesome support, they listen and are very fast at resolving issues. They will train you as many times as needed to ensure you and your staff can utilize every bit of the software to enhance your user experience and make sure your business runs smoothly. They have competitive pricing and are always adding new features and functions to help businesses grow and thrive.

Pros:

This software is easy to use and has everything a business needs to stay organized and up to date with their software in todays day and age. They are constantly evolving and stay competitive in the POS industry as a leader in POS technology.

Cons:

They are missing a few features for fullservice restuarants but plan on adding them in the future.

Director of Licensing & Business Development in U.S.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Great Service, Limited Functionality

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, it was a positive experience and I would continue to follow their software and hopefully see new and advanced features in the future.

Pros:

The software was affordable, the team was very responsive to troubleshoot any issues we had.

Cons:

The software was not advanced enough to support all the reporting needs we had in order to analyze our retail performance. There were also a lot of integration and syncing issues with QBO.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to submit a response! We pride ourselves on response time to troubleshoot, or any other customer service issues. If you ever have any further trouble with QBO, or any other syncs, please don't hesitate to reach out directly to [email protected]

Kevin G.
Owner/Operator in U.S.

INCREDIBLE CUSTOMER SER VICE

5 3 years ago

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

The best thing about the software is the ease of use. The customer service behind this product is what makes it so easy to use. From loading menu Items to answering questions by phone or email within minutes. Once you understand the product you are off and running with no need for additional support.

Cons:

Occasionally need to reboot system when unable to run a credit card transaction. Customers seem to have a difficult time with Apple Pay.

3 years ago

Hey Kevin, It's great to hear eHopper is working out so well for you and Main Street Coffee. We certainly pride ourselves on the level of our customer service. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly with any more feedback, and thank you for choosing eHopper!

Joe D.

Very satisfied

5 3 years ago

Comments: Perfect! They take your input seriously and implement the changes unlike other companies like Lightspeed.

Pros:

They hit the nail on the head with this software. But most importantly, their support is second to none. CSR deserve a big raise.

Cons:

None at all. Been very happy with my overall experience.

Muhammad U.
Software Engineer in Pakistan

Ehopper review

5 2 years ago

Comments: I Have used this software several times and i am fully satisfied with this experience.

Pros:

The most attractive thing about using this software is that it is user friendly.

Cons:

I have no more idea about the least thing of this software.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, Muhammad! We are extremely happy with your eHopper experience. We are working very hard to exceed yours and our customers' expectations even further. Thanks again!

Justin W.
Manager in Canada

You Get What You Pay For

3 3 years ago

Comments: Overall eHopper gets the job done. For paying nothing for a POS that is functional most of the time, you cannot beat that. Main gripe would be the crashing of the POS every now and then can be stressful. There is a way to reboot easy enough, but it does get taxing if it happens multiple times in a day.

Pros:

- Free to use (for one location, great for very small businesses) - Manual sales - Prompt customer service - Ability to splits taxes and whatnot

Cons:

- Issues with connectivity - Certain functionality issues (ie. Split payment process tedious, no support for gift cards, difficulty reprinting hard copies for certain type of returns, etc.)

Graham P.
Director in New Zealand
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Good Product

4 3 years ago

Comments: So far the only hurdled have been getting our products loaded. The support was ok but it took a day for any help. and a few requests weren't even answered.

Pros:

Ease in making a transaction Functions well Looks nice

Cons:

Quite difficult to set up (loading products and variations etc)

Jeff J.
Manager in
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Probably great for some, but not for us.

3 5 years ago

Comments: First off let me say that EHopper's sales team are the most aggressive for me in my search for POS software. I had the company calling me multiple times even after requesting they not do so. I told them I'd contact them directly if I had any issues, and that I wanted to try the software out first. They have finally stopped calling me after having requested it four or five times. Quite simply the aggressiveness they displayed (one guy called me five times within ten minutes when I didn't answer because I was busy) turned me off of their software. I still gave it a go, as I was looking for something decent for my quick service bar.

Pros:

User friendly interface, easy menu setup

Cons:

Aggressive sales team, no option for display of buttons without photos (our bar doesn't use photos and we don't care to, we'd rather have more buttons per page), no option for a 'dark' theme which we prefer.

Nina S.
owner in U.S.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Not what i would recommend it

4 3 years ago

Comments: bad bad experience i am dealing with. i am canceling it.

Pros:

new system something new. nice scanner,,,,,

Cons:

worst customer service i had to deal with support team and he just hangs up. and also ignore my email. they take to long to set something up and all.

Viral P.
Manager in U.S.

Inventory Managment

3 3 years ago

Comments: Overall its seems like start up company

Pros:

Back office features have good funtionality

Cons:

Inventory managment have less features functionality

3 years ago

Hi Viral, Thank you for taking your time to submit a response. While it's good to hear you enjoy the Back Office features, I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to satisfy your Inventory Management needs. Feel free to respond here, but our Support team will be reaching out to you to hear about your specific concerns and see if there's a way we can improve your experience. Thank you for choosing eHopper!

Duane M.
Owner in Canada
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Our Implementation

3 2 years ago

Comments: Extreme lack of support and or communication, constant login and licensing issues, overall as a POS it would be fine but you get what you pay for as they say. We ended up blowing it up, losing data, and ultimately going to VEND.

Pros:

Ease of use, price point. During the free trail it seemed that this product would work as we are still small and new but you must consider future growth as well.

Cons:

Lack of reporting, lack of customization IE receipts, entries required that don't make sense, IE departments that don't display anyways, constant time outs on back end and needing to constantly log in, lack of integration with Moneris - an ongoing problem since the latest apple update.

Alternatives Considered: Lightspeed Retail, Vend and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to eHopper: Price regrettably, even though I saw the poor reviews I thought we were small enough after the trial that it would work out fine but you need to consider future growth and reporting capabilities.

2 years ago

Thank you for you valuable feedback! We are very to sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We are always working to improve our functionality and support. In terms of customer support, we have added additional resources with 24/7 support. Thanks again!

Full Manager Bookkeeper in U.S.

Ehopper review

5 3 years ago

Comments: Pos is easy to use. Back office works with Excel which I like.

Pros:

Easy to use pos. Anyone can use checkout.

Cons:

Difficult connecting to Quickbooks. Although I have just recently tried.

3 years ago

Thank you! If you are still having trouble syncing your point of sale with Quickbooks, please, don't hesitate to reach out directly to [email protected] and we'll be sure to get you set up.

Sheng A.

Amazing app

5 2 years ago

Comments: Very happy with ehopper. Works well on tablets and PC. Does not work on phones

Pros:

Ehopper is absolutely wonderful. Super easy, clear and professional looking interface. Allows for easy transactions and quickbooks integration. Really good customer support.

Cons:

To really unlock it's full potential you have to purchase the subscription. I would love to just pay a one time fee and be done with it but it seems everything is going in the way of subscriptions.

Clara H.
owner in U.S.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Thanks for the great service

5 2 years ago

Comments: Always prompt and helpful customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a great associate there, happy to know we can count on a person we have a report with to help and not a random person every time we call.

Pros:

Its organized and easy to use, it tracks information well and accessibly

Cons:

It stalls out sometimes and doesn't remember credit cards, sometimes there is a delay in the response when typing. Setting up the back office menu is not very good. I want to have a home screen with the most accessed products, but when you ad them to the menu they all automatically shift and its frustrating. The dual screen would be cooler if it were touch screen so customers can sign for credit cards on the opposing screen instead of having to turn the whole ehopper unit to get a signature.

Oliver A.
dir in South Africa
Sports, 51-200 Employees

Bad support

3 2 years ago

Comments: Their support team does not help if you have an Epson Printer....

Pros:

Not sure what to say here as mainly posting for the bad support

Cons:

support is not consistent... we are located in South Africa...we have an issue with our printer. Epson printer.... we have to wait until 6pm for someone to help us eventually... and after 20 minutes the support says he can't fix issues with an Epson printer, not supported by their system.... sorry but that is a Joke...

2 years ago

Thank you for the valuable feedback! We are very to sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with eHopper POS We are always working to improve our functionality, and user feedback like this is incredibly valuable to our overall process.

Ernie A.
Food & Beverages, Self Employed

Perfect for my Jamaican Food Truck ... BEST SOFTWARE I TRY YET

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Technology is very hard for me and eHopper was very easy. The features were straight were exactly what i needed as a first time food truck owner.

Cons:

Nothing really except maybe that it was login was challenging at times but once i figured it out I got the hang of it. I felt that everything in the beginning is hard but since it was free to use i could not complain. I hope to grow and afford the monthly fee.

Suella V.
Retail, Self Employed

Great Experience

5 5 years ago

Comments: Our experience with ehopper has been pleasant so far. Someone is always available to address any concerns we may have and the software itself is a breeze to use.

Pros:

Its mostly self explanatory and doesn't require much instruction to use.

Cons:

It wasn't built to cater to a floral shop, but it works nonetheless.

Danielle T.
Operations Manager in U.S.
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Great system!

5 3 years ago

Pros:

the all in one is smooth and works so well together.

Cons:

No real flaws. It's easy to use, easy to maintain and sleek!

3 years ago

Thank you Danielle! I'm glad to hear the All-in-One Touchscreen POS terminal is performing well for you.

Sandi O.

Very Pleased with EHopper

5 3 years ago

Comments: I have been very happy with Ehopper and the customer service they have given to me. I ran into a problem at a show and I called them and they helped me figure it out and fix it. If I have any questions about anything, they are there to answer all of my questions and I have had a lot of questions.

Pros:

The software is very easy to understand and use.

Cons:

The thing I like least is that the signature box on the merchant reader is too small but the only other option is to have the customer sign on the register but then I am constantly having to move the whole register around for the customer to sign. I have the all in one register.

3 years ago

We really appreciate you taking the time to respond, Sandi. It's great to hear that our team was able to assist, in real-time, when you had an issue at a show. Our All-in-One Touchscreen POS Terminal now comes with a customer facing display. Someone will contact you soon to see if an upgrade would be of value to you.

Nghiem T.
Manager in U.S.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

This company and service is terrible!

1 5 years ago

Comments: We are currently using their software for our restaurant, it has crashed multiple times. In a span of 4 business days we have had to uninstall and reinstall the application 5 times. Their customer support has been unresponsive to addressing the issue. It has been non-stop in issues. We highly recommend not using their service.

Cons:

Crashes ALL THE TIME, you will not be able to conduct business when there are customers trying to order.

Jillian S.
Hr in U.S.
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees

Good for larger companies

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I liked the functionality of the software.

Cons:

The price. For smaller businesses it’s not really worth it.

3 years ago

Thanks Jillian! Feedback like this is vital to our development process.We strive to balance our features with a price point that is affordable to business of all sizes.

Wendy H.
Finance Coordinator in Canada
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Great for large-scale events!

5 3 years ago

Comments: My overall experience was good, except for my credit card being charged for another month of full access to the software. I had made it abundantly clear I only needed the license for 1 month and nowhere did it say the license would auto-renewed/charge my credit card. Further to that when speaking to support (I did that a lot), I was told that access to the software would automatically cease after my month was up if I didn't make another payment before then -- this was exactly what I wanted and had no reason not to trust what eHopper told me. That has unfortunately left me a bit disappointed and not too keen on doing business with the company again if I fair resolution to the issue can't be accomplished.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is the user-friendly interface both for the back office and pos software on tablets. Also a big bonus is syncing in real-time as it allows me to share information with my team on the progress of our event. One of the biggest motivators to a team that received almost 15,000 guests is hearing how much of each product was sold because it's more than just a number. What has to be taken into consideration is the kitchen staff, our food line servers, and the prep work leading up to our event. . . all things that contributed to our numbers/sales.

Cons:

I'd have to say the transaction warnings. I had paid for the full license but some of my cashiers (1 had 4), were locked out of the POS software. During a weeklong event that saw 15,000 patrons that was a nightmare. Thankfully, eHopper support (Monsur and his manager) came to the rescue and set up backup accounts for us and my trouble-shooting helped get us back up and running.

Keith E.
Keith E.
Senior Client Relationship Manager in U.S.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

MY eHopper Experience

4 3 years ago

Pros:

The eHopper POS Station is a great POS for the hospitality industry. The customer service was great, there is never a flawless reboot and they helped with every hurdle The POS is very cost effective as well

Cons:

They do not add logo's to receipt They do not add logos's to the POS screen in sleep mode

3 years ago

Thanks Keith. We really appreciate the response. You're right, while no project is without flaws, we prepare to tackle every hurdle as they arise. Custom logo displays are on our road map. Thanks for choosing eHopper.

Laurie T.

Vape shop review

4 3 years ago

Comments: Customer service is where it's at with E-Hopper! Any issues we have with the software are promptly addressed by technicians who know what they are doing and go above and beyond to help us fix our problems- even when it is user error!

Pros:

It is easy to use and understand. I like the tabs and the matrix options for different sizes or nicotine levels!

Cons:

I have not figured out how to transfer data to my Quick Books Destktop.

Gencho T.
GM in U.S.

Ehopper

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Easy to work. Best price on the market.

Cons:

Need a lot improvement. Need more reporting options

3 years ago

Gencho, we love to hear that you enjoy eHopper's intuitive controls + ease of use. Stay tuned, many more Reporting options are due soon!