• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Finale Inventory

Finale Inventory is the most adaptable and flexible inventory management system to support the workflows of your growing business.

Learn more about Finale Inventory

Blythe H.
Operations
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-09

"Finale has improved everything in our company"

Comments: Finale was introduced to our company after a long, tedious process of finding and then trying to implement another IMS (Fishbowl). I was skeptical of the great reviews and claims from other users since I had really been put through the wringer by another company during implementation. After going through a demo and poking around a bit, I was sold. Importing all of the data was a breeze, the user interface is intuitive and for me, the best part is that if I did hit a snag, I could be on a screen share with a Finale rep in no time and they would patiently walk me through it. I'm not exaggerating when I say Finale made everything better. It has transformed the way we do business by allowing us to manage our inventory accurately across multiple sales channels and provide a better experience for our customers.

Pros: Finale implementation is quick and pretty simple. We use it with ShipStation and the learning curve was practically non-existent because it's so intuitive. Importing data is just a matter of copying and pasting a spreadsheet into their import tool. This makes adding and updating products/customers/vendors/etc. a breeze. I also generate invoices from Finale. We have pretty long production lead times on the majority of our products so predicting stock outs is very important to us and we can trust Finale to calculate that information correctly. The basic reporting is good but the ability to customize existing reports or create your own is excellent. Most importantly, their level of customer service is absolutely top notch.

Cons: We did have some hiccups with marketplace integrations but we able to work with Finale to create workarounds that have been fine.

Cameron L.
bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-25

"Is slower than God"

Pros: Was pretty easy to use, although cumbersome with all the screens you have to use to add on product, cannot add inventory from the item page, so quite a few unnecessary clicks there. Also goes into negative inventory which for us means when there is an error we have to manually reset items to zero, would be nice if there was an option to just have inventory go to 0. Also be nice if it has a seasonality feature for ordering, like we need more of this widget for winter etc.

Cons: It stalls out constantly, no matter the browser no matter the computer, especially on weekends basically unusable, and by the time email support gets back to you it is better again, but they never admit an issue or offer a fix or apology.

• Reviewed on 2020-07-25
David L.
Proprietor
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-20

"10/10"

Comments: I am very satisfied with the system. Never regretted my decision in choosing your services. After-sales service is also top-notch. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very knowledgeable and helpful. I am looking forward to your improvements coming end of the year as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has mentioned.

Pros: I like most is its flexibility to handle items with serial numbers.

Cons: Some functions are not present like returning an item to a supplier is not available in the Purchase Order and I would have wanted to be able to write a note per serial number/Lot ID.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-20
Caleb L.
Warehouse Manager/eCommerce Specialist
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-18

"The best recommendation for a warehouse management system we've ever gotten!"

Pros: I have been using Finale for over Six months now and it really has been one of the better decisions that we have made moving forward with a warehouse management system. It was recommended to us by mutual friends. We came from using Skubana and there were so many things that just didn't work nor met our expectations about a WMS. We had to change a lot of our natural workflow to adapt to Skubana limitations and even then, it was a struggle. When we first considered changing our system to Finale we were very sceptical since we had already committed so much to Skubana. We thought we would need to start back at square one and the entire gruesome process would start again. That wasn't the case at all, the switch over to Finale was not even a days' worth of work. It was so easy to set everything up that we were operating at 80% in the first 3 hours. One of the most notable things about Finale is that we were able to address every single problem that our previous WMS could not. Some examples were Dynamic Purchase Order Integration, Location Auditing, System Search functions (Searched the entire database for items rather than just what is categorized under a supplier), and the ability to push fake qty and live qty for the same item for different listings on the same store. Finale works on having the system work, while some other WMS (Skubana) work on making their systems look good. I look forward to seeing Finale grow more and more!

Cons: Nothing really, so far Finale has been really great. I have already been recommending Finale to a lot my other eCommerce friends that work in similar workflows that we do.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-18
James L.
Consumer Goods
  • Reviewed on 2015-09-25

"Finally, An Inventory Management Solution That Does Just That, Really Well"

Comments: After months of testing and trialing every inventory management software and system on the market, Finale has been such a blessing! From the very first day of signing up, the Finale owner and team have been extremely helpful and responsive to any and every one of our questions or concerns. The interface, layout and organization of the Finale app is extremely user-friendly and does not distract the user with unnecessary formats, colors, layouts and displays. We love the minimalist approach. Everything you need and nothing you don't. The search feature is so optimal and incomparably easy to use within every view option. Your search results are instant and appear immediately as you start typing. Finale has the best import tool we have ever seen. You simply copy cells from excel and paste them into the web browser. Finale takes care of the rest. This truly intuitive copy/paste import feature makes saving, importing and editing your catalog via excel spreadsheets a thing of the past. Generating purchase and sales orders were a real pain-point with previous trial services. PO generating in Finale is intuitive and automatic enough so that anyone on our team could go in and place orders with the suppliers stored in the system. You can also create custom fields, which we use for internal communication to streamline our operations. If you use Ship Station (in our opinion the best shipping management software), this is where Finale’s strength is. It flawlessly sync’s with Ship Station ensuring that you only ship products that are in stock and order out-of-stock items. Finale gives you the things you want in an inventory management software without all the fluff. We tried other solutions that tried to be an all-in-one solution, but they all end up being mediocre services. Finale does one thing really well and that’s inventory management. Regular updates of the software leave our team comfortable knowing that as a system, Finale is always pushing for optimal streamlined cutting edge performance and integrations. We are elated to be using Finale and already have accounts for both of our companies.

Pros: Cloud based, unlimited users, copy and paste import and edit features, easy stock take, integration with ShipStation with regular attention and upgrades. Strongest search feature we’ve seen. Slick interface and automatic purchase order generation.

• Reviewed on 2015-09-25
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-17

"Powerful functionality , Subpar UX"

Comments: Overall I feel like Finale Inventory offers the most robust, powerful inventory management platform out there.

Pros: Overall, the functionality Finale Inventory offers is better than all the other software platforms I have tested and used over the years. The ability to map product aliases to a master sku is a necessary process I have found lacking on similar platforms. Finale offers a simple and straightforward way to manage this. Setting up warehouses

Cons: The user interface is lacking. The platform is fast and their simple UI keeps it that way, but it certainly looks outdated. In addition their reporting and document templates are lacking, with a non-intuitive way to customize them.

Also, there's no real FBA integration. Essentially, you set up a virtual type of warehouse, call it AMAZON-FBA, set inventory levels, and then map those sales to that warehouse. There's no real querying of FBA to check inventory levels and show discrepancies. Although their approach is workable, it would very nice to actually have a real integration with FBA rather than a band-aid approach.

Ember H.
Creative Director, Graphic, Web & App Designer
Sports, 2-10 Employees

"Simple & Powerful"

Comments: Finale has helped my company make operations fast, efficient and accurate so we can spend less time on operations and more time on sales and customer relations. The customer support at Finale is pretty incredible...I've called out of the blue and gotten someone on a screenshare call within minutes to fix an issue. Overall this software may not look like the most high tech inventory solution out there, but simply put, it works. Give them a try.

Pros: It's everything you need an inventory software to do simply and easily without bloat or unnecessary features. Finale integrates seamlessly with all our sales channels and works perfectly all the time. We have multiple warehouses. Before Finale, I used to have to manually update this inventory from multiple spreadsheets...it took about 4 hours every week. Now the same exact task takes me about 4 minutes and I do it daily. We are have increased accuracy with less work. The single best feature about Finale is the product lookups that allow you to match multiple sku variations to one primary sku.

Cons: The returns and exchanges process needs improvement. I would like to create PO's in bulk.

Christopher S.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-17

"Wish I'd found Finale years ago"

Comments: Syncs inventory across all selling channels to prevent overselling and underselling. Handles kits/bundles with no problem.

Pros: I've evaluated a few other solutions and for the money, Finale is great. There is a learning curve and it certainly helps if you're good with excel. But once you get things set up it's phenomenal. No more worrying about overselling - it syncs up with all our venues almost in real time. Also - and this can't be stressed enough - no more UNDERselling. We used to leave stock aside as a buffer to prevent overselling. Now we're confident keeping all that we have listed as stock changes (for breakage/miscount/etc) take seconds and are uploaded to all venues within minutes. I wish I'd have found this years ago!

Cons: The documentation can be a little confusing/incomplete in places but customer service is very responsive. Also, getting it to integrate with OpenCart was a bit of a chore but OpenCart almost always requires a little finagling to get things to work so I'm used to it. The only other thing that I'd like to see is a mobile app for quick inventory changes when we're away from a desktop/laptop. I tried bringing the desktop site up on my android phone and it doesn't work very well.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-17
Rob S.
Technology Manager
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-30

"Very intuitive inventory software and easy to setup and use!"

Comments: Tracking our inventory! Finale does everything an inventory software should do for your business.

Pros: The best thing about Finale is the ease of use of the software. Everything is mostly self-explanatory and there is no need to spend a week training on the system because it is so easy to use.

Cons: Some of the report customizations can be daunting because is requires coding some spots, but other than that it is still easy to use.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-30
Collin O.
Account Manager
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-08

"Amazing Product + Customer Service"

Comments: Amazing. They really go above and beyond with customer service.

Pros: The software is very user friendly. Once you learn all of the basics, it is very easy to navigate. When you are learning, reach out to their support team and they will assist you along the way. They will help give you initial lessons and then also take calls to help you if you need further assistance. Response is always very quick.

Cons: Nothing really, it is awesome. If you get stuck on something, they even have tutorials built in.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-08
Greg P.
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-08-03

"My Inventory Experience with Finale was and is amazing!!! They have a solution for EVERYTHING!"

Comments: Faster turn times, Less man hours

Pros: I like everything about it. It tracks my inventory, it allocates my inventory for my orders. It helps me tell in my shipstation integration what I am able to ship and not ship saving me hours and hours of man time. Its tells me what I have at all times, so I know what I need to fufill the rest of my orders. Oh and on top of all that the Service I get from the team is amazing! They are able to answer any questions I have very thuroughly and give me direction and solutions to any and all issues that I am facing.

• Reviewed on 2017-08-03
Zak Y.
Inventory Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-07

"Review"

Pros: Extremely cost effective
Great integration with shipstation/shopify
Ease of use and customization for reports and documents

Cons: Faster options for bulk shipping with barcoding, (i.e. if I am shipping the same product from the same sublocation 500 times, I would like to not have to scan in each of those 500 orders)
Integration with Microsoft GP
better or more clear ways to back date reports and stock takes so that shipping can resume after a physical inventory while data is still being input.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-07
Suzanne S.
Founder & CEO
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-04-29

"Finale software has surpassed all my expectations! It has made running my business easier."

Comments: I know the inventory in my warehouse at any given moment.

Pros: It is very easy to use! When you don't understand how to do something, there are help videos for everything! It works extremely well with Quickbooks which is essential for running my business smoothly.

Cons: There is honestly nothing I don't like. The few instances that I have come across a report or screen that doesn't work exactly for my business, the team are able to make accommodations for me. The customer service is amazing!

• Reviewed on 2017-04-29
Mitch S.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-09

"Great Solution for the Price"

Pros: Finale Inventory is easy to implement and brings a lot of value for the price. We run multiple Shopify stores and are easily able to sync inventory between all of them.

Cons: There isn't a great demand planning module.

Koichi S.
Co-owner
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-18

"Couldn't ask for more"

Pros: I love how quickly I can navigate through the Finale platform. It's almost no lag in between pages. The technical support is also as quick. When I have an issue I feel pretty confident that it will get answered and quickly.

• Reviewed on 2017-10-18
Socrates M.
Account Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-15

"great inventory tracking software"

Pros: synced with all of our vendors in practically real-time, saving us a ton of headaches we had prior with selling out of inventory stock

Cons: a bit of a learning curve. the reports were a bit cluttered but overall this is a great program and the customer service team was always readily available to help with any issues

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-15
Nate G.
Automotive
  • Reviewed on 2015-05-28

"Finale Rocks!"

Comments: “Finale allowed us to trade a bunch of messy, mind-boggling Excel spreadsheets with dozens of tabs for a powerful program that tracks our inventory in real time, even while we are sleeping. Our spreadsheets were outdated the minute we completed them and required constant updating and babysitting. The time we spent slaving over spreadsheets can now be used to focus on researching and adding new products.
Gone are the fears of accidentally opening an older version of a spreadsheet, plus ShipStation and Finale work together seamlessly in the background with minimal input required.”
Nate Garland - Samoco Industries, Inc

Pros: Integrates seamlessly with ShipStation. Does all of the heavy lifting with minimal intervention.
Can handle millions of SKUs and myriad kitting options.
Frees up valuable time to focus on other more important things.

Cons: Starting up fresh requires a lot of data entry, but the bonus is that it is a one time deal, plus you have to do this no matter where you decide to go.

• Reviewed on 2015-05-28
Michelle E.
Marketing Director
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-16

"Does exactly what it's meant to do"

Pros: It hooks up to lightspeed retail POS which was the only other alternative than Hyperspace which cost wise was too much.

Cons: Would like it to look more "app" like. Would like to be able to open several product cards to change fields in one screen.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-16
Walter Z.
Consultant
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-28

"Really good and fun to use inventory management system"

Comments: Full process covered from purchasing via inventory management to sales and invoicing. We even included light manufacturing using a workaround. Customer service is scheduled to go live shortly.

Pros: Intuitive UI, slightly different but better than many legacy applications
Easy to configure UI, reports, forms and custom fields
Reports and forms are very easy to use and output in different ways
Data load from Excel via cut & paste is very intuitive and just cool
We use it to track mainly individually barcoded items, works really well
Customer service is outstanding
Training videos are great way to start with the system, short and sweet per topic
Where we found a functional deficiency, there has always been a viable workaround

Cons: Sales quote not set up yet for tax handling (I am sure it will happen at some point)
Sometimes couldn't make the last detail of a report work, here the outstanding customer service always delivered an answer in no time

• Reviewed on 2017-06-28
David B.
Dir Op's & Services
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-09

"Excellent WMS Solution Option"

Comments: System is intuitive allowing rapid adoption within an organization with little WMS experience.

Pros: Ease of Implementation, ease of use, excellent support

Cons: System does require outside control procedures

• Reviewed on 2019-12-09
Raisa F.
Finance Manager
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-11

"Great Software"

Comments: Finale was the best solutions for our inventory needs. It really organized us and took our sales to the next level.

Pros: Its extremely easy to use and set up. Great customer service.

Cons: Some reports are difficult to customize.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-11
Aleta S.
Production Associate
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-01

"Good for its Capability"

Comments: There are some features and functionality that are lacking. I'd love there to be a feature that calculates reorder levels based on stock levels and output of product.

Pros: Incorporates Shipstation

Cons: Does not calculate reorder levels automatically

• Reviewed on 2016-12-01
Andrea B.
Corporate Operations Manager
Wireless, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-05

"Highly recommend Finale Inventory!"

Comments: Finale allowed us to integrate our sales, e-commerce and shipping seamlessly... it improved our business!

Pros: The ease of use.. uploading is easy and it works very well. Also the customer service is unmatched! They helped with every stage and made the implementation of a new system very smooth and easy.

Cons: The reporting is the only thing that I would say needs to improve.. and it is customizable which we didn't spend a lot of time doing but I would often have to change formatting to get the data how we needed it.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-05
David R.
Entertainment
  • Reviewed on 2014-10-06

"A Must-Have for Growing Companies"

Comments: Our business has grown nonstop over the last 8 years. At first, the number of products were minimal and an excel spreadsheet was all we needed. After a few years, we needed a solution that wouldn't be outgrown overnight. We looked around at various options and decided to go with Finale Inventory because of its ease of use, uptime reliability, and support. One of my favorite features is that our employees can access the software from anywhere and multiple users can be logged in simultaneously. I highly recommend Finale to any business looking for an inventory solution that can grow with you.

Pros: Easy-to-use, simple interface. Minimal training required. Supports numerous simultaneous users.

Cons: None

• Reviewed on 2014-10-06
Ben H.
  • Reviewed on 2016-03-24

"Powerful enough to handle multiple channels with ease"

Comments: We use Finale to control inventory across 10 different sales channels, each with different selling profiles. We have individual products sold seperately on one site which are sold together as a kit on another. Some of our channels sell products as options, others as individual SKUs. Finale handles all of this with a clean interface and minimal headache. My first impression was a bit hesitant as some features weren't readily apparent but a large part of that was finding the specific feature out of all the powerful tools available. And whenever we have had any questions/issues, customer service has been AMAZING.
TLDR Finale does everything we need it to and does it extremely well.

• Reviewed on 2016-03-24