AnyDesk Reviews

4.6 (1,346) Write a Review!

About AnyDesk

AnyDesk is a trailblazing and innovative provider of Remote Desktop Software and offers a fast, easy, and secure Remote Support.

Learn more about AnyDesk

Pros:

The software uses barely any space and runs super smooth in any device. The user interface is clean and simple which is suitable even for beginners.

Cons:

Whenever you have a weak internet connection it takes longer and it lags a bit.

AnyDesk ratings

4.7
4.3
4.5
4.5

8.9/10

AnyDesk has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,346 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AnyDesk before?

Filter reviews (1,346)

Nasim
Advisor in India
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

How I used anydesk

3.0 last month New

Pros:

Well most like option in anydesk is its accessibility, it has complete option to choose how you need to use the anydesk. Moreover IP filter option is just amazing.

Cons:

Least like things about anydesk is once we connect to remote system it shows screen size very small and there is no option to make it large.

Leri
Leri
Content creator in South Africa
Writing & Editing, 51-200 Employees

Anydesk

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Anydesk has a user friendly interface and is easy to use. It can be very effective for remote access and providing support.

Cons:

The copy paste function can be tiresome, would be easier to have a simply drag and drop feature for file sharing

Shilpa
Technical Sales Engineer in United Arab Emirates
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees

Anydesk- Professional and Efficient Remote Desktop Control Tool

Comments: The overall experience is outstanding and this tool is highly recommended.

Pros:

-Anydesk is one of the best softwares which can be used to access desktops or even mobiles remotely. It is thus an effective and useful tool for working from home thus saving time & travel . -Easy to install and use -Free version and paid versions are available. Paid version is not too expensive. -Connection can be established fast and there is no time limit for the session usage -If we want to access any desktop remotely ; we need to send a request and any person at the other end should accept this request in the desktop in order to establish a connection and start screen sharing. Automatic connection by just entering a simple password is also possible by changing the security settings. - This software helps IT people to check and resolve PC issues remotely which is a great feature . Hence the overall experience is outstanding .

Cons:

There are numerous pros and hardly any cons to be specially mentioned. We just need to take care of following points: -Sometimes , the session gets disconnected due to low connectivity and once the connection becomes stable ; automatic connection is not established. We need to manually connect again. -There are chances of misuse and hacking are if we move away without disconnecting the established connection. So we need to be careful. -While accessing your office PC remotely using Anydesk, the window may seem to look smaller and difficult to work with. The screen resolution and settings needs to be adjusted to solve this .

Robert
Robert
Marketing Director in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A fast & simple remote access

Comments: Anydesk allows me to monitor and fix any issue on other devices without the need to move from my office, I can transfer files directly from one PC no another and I don’t need to upload them to a platform and then download them, allowing me to speed up my work, with Anydesk I can access with my laptop or just connect with my iPhone, On the other hand, if I need a document of great importance, it is enough that I have my ID number of my computer to be able to access it and transfer files or document.

Pros:

I like this remote desktop software since I can access a computer from a mobile or another computer only with the ID that Anydesk provides to the device in a unique way to the computer that we want to access, no matter where you are, with Anydesk you can connect and manage the other device as if you were behind. The time it takes to set up the software and learn how to use it is minimal. Within 10 minutes, you can install and start using it. and it supports numerous devices and platforms, which is a significant plus.

Cons:

What I don't like about Anydesk is that it doesn't have audio call communication with the other device, this would be a useful tool.

Abdul
Abdul
Senior Officer in Bangladesh
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees

AnyDesk saved my grades by the Bell!

Comments: I am overall satisfied with AnyDesk. Although there are many areas of improvement, it meets my current IT demands and makes me feel relaxed in high-pressure situations.

Pros:

I came home with my new Laptop and a pen drive filled with SolidWorks3D installation files, adamant to install and complete a project overnight - which will ensure my passing grade in my Master thesis. But Alas! The crack files got corrupted due to safety reasons and I got panicked. My intentions were to follow youtube tutorials and complete the whole installation process as per instruction. However, I called my remote friend and flagged him my distress signal. He laughed and asked me to install AnyDesk, on which I had no idea before. He not only instantly transferred his crack file to me without any interruption, but also installed the whole software like it was nothing. I was spellbound about the AnyDesk features - its swiftness, user-friendliness, transferability, and above all its ease to control. I have used other remote softwares before, but none of them is comparable to AnyDesk. It is pure love.

Cons:

I feel like there should be some control where the user can select multiple folders of files that would be invisible to the other end-user. Also, audio features could be added to ease the communication. There are also some safety risks such as remote file transfer capability - I think every time the user enters into a folder or transfers files, remote authorization should be provided from another end.

Muhammad
YouTuber, Freelancer in Pakistan
Internet, Self Employed

AnyDesk, Best Remote Access Tool Ever

Comments: Well, Everybody knows that the AnyDesk is almost good at all but I would like to share my experience too.
I'm using the AnyDesk on the Business level as well as on Personal Level. I use to connect with family and friends computers and at the business level, I use to deal with my clients through AnyDesk. Honestly, I never got into trouble, The thing that you will like most In the AnyDesk is, Keeps working on a low internet connection.
You can also use this software to control multiple systems but definitely, you will need a good internet connection and AnyDesk will keep working smoothly.
Now if you are thinking of Remote control software, then definitely the AnyDesk is going to meets all your requirement. You can access your team computer at once or you may connect with your home computer without any hesitation. AnyDesk will not host any of your files and your whole session will be secured and visible only to you.
I will highly recommend you to start using the AnyDesk instead of using third-party cheap and local software.

Pros:

Applying restrictions to anyone during the whole meeting is one of my favorite ones. I use this feature on a daily basis to restrict screen sharing for a joined partners. As I have created meetings to lecture my clients, so I would like to share my screen only. That's why I always use to restrict all other participants from sharing their screens. Another feature I liked most in the AnyDesk is File Sharing without any hosting. This is a good thing that the AnyDesk software is not going to host our shared files on its server or on any server. Many peoples or using AnyDesk just for secure file sharing without getting hosted, Because some files contain personal data and need to be secure. In fact, this is also a reason that why I'm still using AnyDesk. Moreover, the Feature of the controlling system at once is also amazing at all, there is no long procedure for connection with multiple systems. All we need to do is create a System ID and Password. And I can access multiple systems at once without any hesitation, and the AnyDesk is not going to crash.

Cons:

I'm using The AnyDesk for a long time and I have a good experience with it. But honestly, I have some objections that some feature needs to improve. First of all, I don't like generating random passwords and a random system ID. It should ask by the user for creating the desired password and the desired ID. And it should ask for once, Whenever I start the AnyDesk software, it is going to create a random password each time. And each time I need to connect with the client's system, I will ask him to share his Anydesk details first. And this thing is going to create doubt in my client's mind about my skills, and he will think that I'm not as professional as he was looking for. Secondly, sometimes it keeps showing me connection errors while my client is waiting for a demo through the remote desktop protocol on his own system. This thing always wastes a lot of time and leads me to lose my client sometimes. I hope that the respected team of the AnyDesk will have a look at this problem and will make it better for future use.

Arun
Arun
Manager in India
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best cross platform remote desktop tool

Comments: Stellar and reliable performer for remote access specially during work from home scenario. My IT team could help me easily though I was more than 1000 miles away from my office. The user interface is intuitive. Works really well on mobile devices. With AnyDesk my office is just a click away.

Pros:

Ease of use, AnyDesk is fairly is easy to set up even for a first time user. The User Interface is simple and it is easy to navigate through the menu options. Stable and Reliable, this is very important while you are working from home, miles away from your office. AnyDesk is a stellar performer in this regard. Virtual Conferencing is one of the best feature available with AnyDesk which helps to share and discuss my ideas with team members remotely. Ability to control your remote Personal Computer through mobile device- This nifty feature is helps us to access remote computers through the AnyDesk mobile application. Users can use the app to perform task like file transfer, shut down or restart a PC. Whitelist- is a feature which authorizes only selected users to access your remote PC. This is a great security feature prevents unauthorized access to sensitive data. Keyboard shortcuts are easy to use and assign. Works fairly well on low bandwidth internet connections

Cons:

Having used AnyDesk for almost two years I haven't come across a con that can be deal breaker.

Youssef
Youssef
Chief Technology Officer in Lebanon

Very fast and light weight remote support tool

Comments: Anydesk is very easy to setup at client computers especially for non-tech savvy users. Setting up unattended access is also very simple. Remote access through anydesk is quick, doesn't require a very fast connection and you can use it to transmit also sound from the remote computer

Pros:

Anydesk is very light weight and very quick to start. Users can download it and run it without the need to install it and the initial setup is not complicated

Cons:

Running anydesk on mac for the first time can be a bit tricky for non-experienced users as they need to go to system preferences and allow access to anydesk

Consultant in Italy
Financial Services Software, Self Employed

Looking for a new way of managing your TV Box?

Comments: Easy to set up, almost immediate to learn (although some advanced and useful functions, e.g. file transfer across machines, may take a while to be come familiar with), value-for-money (there are lots of free functions you can try before you invest on the premium version). Well-done!

Pros:

AnyDesk is mostly used for remote user assistance and service ticket management. Still, I find it very effective with dealing with my Android TV box. Like most TV boxes, it has got no keyboard and navigating through menus may be cumbersome. By installing AnyDesk (which has a free, cross-platform version with lots of features) on both the TV box and my Windows 10 PC, I can use the latter (with its keyboard and touchpad) to install and customise apps on the former. If you use your TV box with complex media management pieces of software like Kodi or Plex, you know how much time and care they require to fully configure all functions and parameters. Bridging your PC to your TV box with AnyDesk really makes it a breeze. Once you have become familiar with AnyDesk, there are many more functions that you may enjoy. You can e.g. use it to provide assistance on someone else's PC without leaving home (something I found very valuable in times of lockdown) and even to record short sessions where you teach users how to solve frequent issues on their machines.

Cons:

Emulating Android special keys on a PC keyboard may be complex and hard to remember. Installing on Android machines requires an additional component that is hardware-dependent: although this is pretty straight-away on most machine, it may prove complex on less wide-spread models. Finally, of course, some advanced functions are premium only, but this is only fair. Overall, I can't see any major flaws in AnyDesk, although I must say that I am not using it for professional use. If you plan to use it to manage a custom help centre with tens of supported users, you may want to check another review before you buy the premium version.

CEO in Brazil
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

Anydesk - You are in control

Comments: Daily I use Anydesk for remote work because I am in Home Office. I also support clients with the software and even computers from the company where I work. I can access computers from anywhere at any time due to being multiplatform, operating via Windows, Linux and mobile. Anydesk is indispensable in my day-to-day.

Pros:

Anydesk is very easy to use software, allowing remote control of several computers at the same time. Very light and safe, facilitating support for customers, being possible to use the desktop and mobile version. Among the various features of the software, the following stand out: - Possibility of simultaneous access to several computers; - Secure access via authentication password; - Multiplatforms, being possible to run on Windows or Linux and mobile computers. - Minimum necessary accessible requirements; - Screen capture to identify problems; - File transference; The program perfectly complies with its proposal to be a fast and secure application.

Cons:

The only flawed point I notice is that the software allows remote control of the computer simultaneously by more than one application. In my opinion, this is not very safe, as it would allow for badly designed hacker control. For this possibility, there should be two-factor authentication to increase security, such as sending SMS or email. This is the only downside of the software.

Rodrigo
Owner in Brazil

Great but still expensive

Comments: All software reliable for this purpose seems to live in unreality, they are too expensive. But you need them, as going to your customer is expensive and often inconvenient. Anydesk has a fast learning curve, our users and customers found it easy to use. It also lacks to be able to buy in local currency, without variations of the dollar. Apart from the cost, it works very well for us.

Pros:

Less expensive than more equivalent competitors, easier to buy, stable, easy to use. Quite used by several providers.

Cons:

Expensive, very expensive! An option to buy in local currency is missing. There could be a cheaper option with only remote access. Micro companies use only written chat + file exchange + remote access, the rest is perfumery or resources for large companies, which are more expensive.

Technical Support in Bosnia
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Anydesk review by Technical Support Agent

Comments: I love using AnyDesk, it works really good, it is fast, user friendly and reliable and I can always deliver super support to my customers with the use of this software.

Pros:

I like this Software because it is free and easy to use, also a lot of times it came really handy because it was easy to explain Customers how to install it and setup remote access to their PC. It is really fast and is very nice to have, especially when PC checkup is required during the night, for which we can setup password protected access so we can connect without the help from the Customer and without interrupting them and their work.

Cons:

Recording option sometimes creates videos which are of bad quality, even though internet connection was stable and ping was good. Also, in case of longer recordings, they tend to break at some point, take a lot of hdd space and I am unable to scroll it. Finally, it would be nice to have option to save to some desired format too.

Luis Daniel
Luis Daniel
Lead Application Developer in Puerto Rico

Great Free Alternative to Teamviewer

Comments: Really pleasant and a great alternative whenever the Teamviewer License we use at work is under use and we've been considering and slowly moving our clients to AnyDesk because paying Teamviewer is now an expensive subscrption when there's so much good alternatives.

Pros:

It works exactly how'd you expect if you come from using Teamviewer or other remote desktop access applications. You can transfer files, keep bookmarks of your most accessed computers or just organize them. Anydesk has also improved with time, which now I find no use to keep paying for Teamviewer which has become really expensive as of late. Anydesk has a lot of the options you would need from Teamviewer and does them right and secure. Even better when the price is FREE.

Cons:

It can be a little bit heavy on the CPU side when using it on older hardware. Keep that in mind. If the connection is really slow, it can lag a bit, but you can optimize the image to be quick and disable the sound, whereas in Teamviewer, the image will just freeze and you have to quit Teamviewer, the only issue with AnyDesk is just the CPU Usage. Also the Mac Version used to be buggy, haven't used it in a while, but Buggy as in all the text was white (not sure if it's on the latest OS X, have not used it in a while, been on Windows).

Grant
Head of Sales in US

AnyDesk is extremely powerful, extremely affordable, and SUPER easy to use

Comments: AnyDesk has allowed us to remote on to clients computers extremely quick, and people who aren't tech savvy can easily set it up. The connection is clean, fast, and crystal clear. I've never had any problems with the connection. It's also FREE!

Pros:

It downloads extremely quick, making it easy to remote on to computers quickly. The connection is clean and solid. Voice, video, file share, mouse control and typing are all available to be customized.

Cons:

Requesting elevation (administrator access, essentially) is sometimes a pain if the other party doesn't know what they are doing, but the use of it is understandable. Sometimes the code to type in is a little odd.

Front-End Developer in UK

AnyDesk Review

Comments: Very positive! It is an essential tool for accessing remote devices. It solves many of the issues you can face when using remote access software that is native to your operating system.

Pros:

AnyDesk is easily accessible for download from their official website. It's quick to install on your desktop machine and takes no time at all to get up and running. Connecting to another device with AnyDesk installed is seamless. Mobile device versions of this software are available. Enabling you access to remote devices when you are not at a desktop machine or working stationary. The basic version of AnyDesk is free to use. This version provides many essential features. The Performance and Enterprise versions offer more powerful network and security features, unattended access for more devices, recording capabilities and branding options. You will need to pay for the upgraded versions of the software.

Cons:

The software does need further configuration to achieve a custom set-up. AnyDesk can require some advanced configuration, but this is solvable and you may need to check on the Internet for documented solutions. You may have to upgrade from the free version to the Performance version for the extra features.

Juan Manuel
Juan Manuel
Web Developer in Argentina
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

Alternative to teamviewer that is up to the task

Comments: My experience in general with this software was quite good, except for a few small cases, it worked correctly and I let myself use it without time limitations as happens with the competition. The ability to reproduce sounds is very important in order to perform sound-related test validations. The interface felt complex but if we leave it configured for the end user, he will only have to open the program and let the rest do it for us. I recommend it

Pros:

It works quite well, it has the great option of being able to reproduce the sound of the machine to which we are connecting, an option that is not very seen in other similar software. It has a simple tool to connect since it does not require a password, only an ID and that the user on the other side accepts it, or not, depending on how the software is configured because it allows remote access without authorization with different variations. It is available in all operating systems.

Cons:

Although the interface is complete, it is not that clear and tends to make the end user dizzy with so many options. It would be interesting if menus can be reduced or see a "lite" version so that the user does not get dizzy. We suffered some lag problems in the connection that we did not suffer with other software, but in brief occasions.

Neil
Support Engineer in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Remote Desktop Sharing Across Multiple Platforms

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Highly recommended for everyone who is relying on remote sessions and screen sharing. Easy setup and installation free.

Pros:

Anydesk supports a wide range of platforms, like Windows, Linux, Android, etc. You can use it without installation, so this is very easy for temporary remote access without any security concessions. Anydesk supports multiple screens and has the ability to switch between the remote screens. Users can record the ongoing remote session to make sure the remote person is doing legal activities. Unattended access is a great feature for users who want to access their devices remotely at any time without human assistance. The premium license enables more features such as address book, etc. However, the free version is enough for most of the low demanding users.

Cons:

It's pretty hard to get customer support and fix the issue efficiently. High latency sometimes occurred over the Internet connection and some settings don't provide the expected behaviour. For instance, the remote share would be broken if you enable the "start new sessions in fullscreen mode option".

Oushana Vajirapani
Head Of IT in Dominican Republic
Apparel & Fashion, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy of use

Comments: In the worldwide pandemic period of Covid 19, Anydesk ran a major role in our business. we was in a situation that need to work from home and give the support to all the users who are also working from home, at that time this tool was a life saver for IT and for the business as well. this tool made our life easy and very efficient. with the optimizations, this application runs really smoothly in any low bandwidth internet connections and environment. i really glad to have this application use in our organization and i really want to thank for all the developers who sweat for this tool. this app was really a life savor.

Pros:

the simplicity, easy of download, size of the download file, easy installation, network optimized for fast access, good quality and very useful features such as sound transfer and copy paste option is working awesome. its very easy to tell a new user to go to google and download anydesk. and because of the size of the application, its fast and easy to install to any device. even to a mobile.

Cons:

i didn't find any bad in this application. as an IT person this tool fulfill all of our IT needs. simple and fast

Andrea
Andrea
Marketing Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

AnyDesk is excellent for collaboration and remote assistance

Comments: With AnyDesk I can collaborate with work colleagues, in a stable and organized way, it allows us to do a recording session, in this way a video can be shared with other employees, this helps to save time, it is a very safe software since it has a password and Two-factor authentication, it is possible to use it on almost all platforms, the iOS version is easy to use and practical to monitor other devices remotely.

Pros:

I have used remote connection software since many years ago, and over time, some improve and others get worse, AnyDesk has been one of the ones that have improved the most over time. Its interface and tools are the things that stand out the most from the competition. What I like the most is the organized way its Dashboard is, since it shows the devices to which we have remote access, we can add the name we want to have a better order, I like that its connection is stable and fluid, it has Two-factor authentication, that's extra security that many of their competitors don't have.

Cons:

One detail that I don’t like is when the full screen is used to control other devices, the brightness of the screen gets brighter; even when we have the brightness to the minimum on our PC, it is somewhat annoying when you are in a place with low light.

Joselyn
Joselyn
Marketing Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

The best remote desktop software

Comments: The great advantage of having Anydesk is that no matter where I may be, I have the facility to connect and attend a computer. Anydesk has saved me from many troubles, because many times I am not in the office, and I need a file from the computer. this software gives me the opportunity to get it quickly and easily. Also, this software is very well suited to my work as much of my work is now remote.

Pros:

I like Anydesk because it is a software that I can control a remote PC, and be able to access documents or other files, also its free version has many useful tools, it allows me to examine any remote computer, I can also control and install this service to monitor and control any other computer of different operating systems. I also like that it doesn't take up much memory space.

Cons:

Although it offers more tools in its free version compared to other remote desktop access software, there are some details that should be added such as audio calls.

Shankha
Shankha
Web Developer in India

The best Remote desktop software I have ever used

Pros:

Anydesk is the best, reasons are: It allows you to access multiple desktops in tabbed view under one single window. The unattended access feature is great, I can access my home computer while I am out of city, you don't need anyone to accept the access.

Cons:

They should improve the settings and control center for MacBooks, it creates a lot of problems finding settings like windows after accepting someone's incoming request.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior Graphics Designer in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Faster & most easier remote desktop sharing application for managers

Comments: Overall, Any Desk is light weight, easy to use screen sharing tool that makes things eay for clients as well as client managers. Its free version allows to connect one desktop at a time but premium versions have lots of features that helped me save time on resolving my client issues I will suggest startups to use it first instead of paid tools in market if you want to communicate faster and seamlessly.

Pros:

I loved their one click screen sharing without have to open all day to reconnect. Also they have taken proper security measures so that one have their privacy in their control. I can even organize my recent desktop connections so that I can reconnect any of them easily without regenerating code every time. It works seamlessly even if my network bandwidth fluctuates in between any screen sharing session.

Cons:

I would love to continue with any desk if they have improvised on accessing low resolution displays for HD display screen. And its is really near to impossible to handle android screens on laptop screen sharing.

Angellina
Angellina
Head Chef in US
Food Production, 201-500 Employees

Being in Control of your computer from anywhere around the world

Comments: I have used the app to solve both personal and business problems. I remember a time when my workmates were stuck with food and data entry on our kitchen computer, I could log in from another country and do things as if I was there. This helped a big deal.

Pros:

AnyDesk is one of the smartest applications that saves time and unforeseen costs of travelling long distances just to attend to issues on a computer, or other remote gadgets. One good thing I like about AnyDesk is that it is worldwide, being used by hundreds of millions of people across the globe. It is also supported almost an all the operating systems like windows, Android, Mac, Linux, Chrome, making it a universal software. Another fact I like about AnyDesk is the ease of screen sharing. There is no hustle about it, as long as there is user on the other end to accept the connection. AnyDesk also presents a very good screen scaling that the image displayed on the remote gadget is clear with no distortions. It feels as if you're sitting in front of the other PC. In my use of AnyDesk, I have not experienced any lagging or unnecessary bugs on it. It is generally smooth, with steady mouse movements. The app also has a free version and a paid version. The paid version is also relatively cheaper when compared to its competitors. Security of the application was also well considered. Firstly, the connection has to be manually iniciated from one end and accepted on the other end. A password has to be provided and used for the connection to start. Each session has its own password.

Cons:

No option to chat with the person on the other side, either through text or calls. So you rely on other communication apps to talk to each other. It would be good to add a feature where communication would be made directly via the AnyDesk.

owner in France
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

one of the best software for remote control, however more limited features than other similar tools

Comments: Anydesk helped us share screens and take control of our computers seamlessly at a reasonable price (Teamviewer is way more expensive).

Pros:

I like how simple it is to connect to another computer without losing quality and be able to take control and interact with the client smoothly and seamlessly. I appreciate being able to use a windows computer to use screen sharing with a Mac. Multiplatform works just great. We are always concerned about safety when sharing computers on the internet, and Anydesk offers two-factor authentication and encryption (however, AES 128 as opposed to the most secure AES 256 that Teamviewer is using...)

Cons:

In comparison, Teamviewer has more functionalities such as drag&drop when sharing file is very useful, so is the feature allowing passing control back and forth between the client and the host. Integration is more limited that with Teamviewer. I wish Anydesk had more training and support content online (Teamviewer has loads of them).

Edin
Guest Services in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

AnyDesk is a very good tool

Comments: Overall, AnyDesk has been a great tool and has done its job better than expected. If you are seeking for a good, reliable and affordable tool to use, AnyDesk is definitely the way to go.

Pros:

While using AnyDesk, I have managed to control the host device easily and quickly, without issues and lags during the session. It has never failed me and it has a lot of options that allow multiple tasks, even the complicated ones to be performed flawlessly and in a simple manner. The options offered in this tool will do everything that you need and the interface is very neat and nice.

Cons:

The connection speed is not the greatest if the internet quality varies. In other words, if you are using mobile data where you are on the move but still using the tool, it might get slow or lag at times or even freeze. Still, it goes back to normal quickly.