15 years helping Canadian businesses

About AnyDesk

AnyDesk is a trailblazing and innovative provider of Remote Desktop Software and offers a fast, easy, and secure Remote Support.

Learn more about AnyDesk

Pros:

The software uses barely any space and runs super smooth in any device. The user interface is clean and simple which is suitable even for beginners.

Cons:

Whenever you have a weak internet connection it takes longer and it lags a bit.

AnyDesk ratings

4.7
4.3
4.5
4.5

8.9/10

AnyDesk has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,711 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AnyDesk before?

Filter reviews (1,711)

Ahmed
Ahmed
lawyer in Egypt
Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

User review for more than 5 years

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very good experience. There are no negative comments I can leave

Pros:

Ease of use and ease of downloading. The size of the program is very light. Very easy to use. Very simple. There are no complications

Cons:

I don't understand why sometimes the connection is slow and the screen display is slow even though the internet speed is above good. This problem I encountered more than once and I did not understand its cause.

Fabruzio
Technician in Italy

AnyDesk, AnyTime

5.0 last month New

Comments: Anydesk allows me to give assistance or simply doing maintenance task to remote computer comfortably from my office desk, so I save time and money.
Anydesk runs smoothly and never hangs, little hardware requirements. Just be sure to have a stable and fast enough data line.

Pros:

I use Anydesk for work every day, and it helps me to remote connect and diagnose/troubleshoot/fix a lot of software problems. The program is small and quick to launch. Every AnyDesk user has a numbered ID. When you want to connect to someone just write the peer ID and wait for connection to be established (your peer has to authorize the connection). Next you will see remote screen and you will be able to interact using your mouse and keyboard. You can also transfer files. Free sessions last for 60 minutes. I highly recommend Anydesk. It's a light program, easy to use for everyone. Thumbs up!

Cons:

The remote address field is quite hidden

Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Good Software, Horrific Customer Support, Greedy Cancellation Policy!!!!!!

Comments: Since they do not have a direct line to their billing department, I called their sales department and was told to make a ticket. Eventually (now months after my initial email) I got a response telling me that because I didn't let them know 3 MONTHS prior to the renewal date that I wanted to cancel that I had to pay the bill and couldn't cancel until the following year!
I asked them to be flexible since I had waited forever for them to actually respond to me (never were my [email protected] emails ever directly responded to). A week or two later I would get a response back basically saying nope - I owe them money. They new I wasn't using the software for the months of trying to get them to answer and clarification. Instead of showing some sense of flexibility with their lack of response (which if I heard back from them in time would have given me time to cancel my other software and pay them and use their software).
As a customer, they want me to be fine with them taking an unreasonably long time to respond to billing questions, yet as a company they are incredibly rigid and not willing to show any flexibility with customers - especially as we try and come out of a pandemic!
While it is in their terms and conditions, requiring 3 months notice to cancel a renewal prior to the renewal date to me is incredibly unreasonable. Who is thinking 3 months before you have a renewal if you will renew or not? To me this is a policy to purposefully trap customers.

Pros:

The software, for the most part works well and was easy for clients to be able to use. The branding was a nice feature.

Cons:

Once in awhile certain functions like copy and paste wouldn't work - this was more of a rare occurrence though. Biggest "con" has been in dealing with the company. I used a paid version of the software for a year. I enjoyed it, but when it came time for my renewal I figured I would see what else was out there - always with the plan to come back to AnyDesk if I didn't like alternatives. That is where AnyDesk's true colors came out. First, there is no autopay (or at least none that was set up). So when they sent me an invoice at renewal time I had figured, my account would auto cancel if I didn't pay for it (this was my misunderstanding and I own up to that part). I stopped using the software as I started using another and had a 40 Day window that I could get a refund on that. I then received a billing email from AnyDesk with the line to contact their billing department at [email protected] if I had any questions. I sent them an email explaining that I was trying a different software and to please cancel my account. I heard nothing back. a few weeks go by and I get another billing email, so I sent them another message. Nothing. Another email comes, so at this point I am a little ticked, so I send another message stating I have asked them twice to cancel my account and to please stop harassing me. Then I get a letter in the mail saying they were going to put me into collections if I didn't pay. (continued below)

George
Manager in UK
Human Resources, 1,001–5,000 Employees

AnyDesk on any PC

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Since someone offered me support with AnyDesk i knew i had to keep this software and use it myself. An important security feature that is essential for all software like this is getting the full control when moving the mouse.

Pros:

I am using AnyDesk to help my colleagues but receiving support as well. Coming from other remote desktop software I can say AnyDesk is lightweight and much faster than others.

Cons:

No cons for this tiny software, everything worked perfect until now.

Sara
Engineer in Italy

Anydesk, anytime, anywhere

5.0 last month New

Comments: I use Anydesk at work but also during my free time when I need to remote connect to another computer to give assistance.
Never hangs and requires very little resources, plus it's very easy yo use for everyone and makes my work easier and faster as i can fix many problems without the need to be "on site".

Pros:

Among the remote connection softwares Anydesk is the lightest, really easy to use for your peers, they just launch the executable, tell you the number ID and allow remote access. The interface is simple and easy to understand, with latest connections below and your ID in the top. To connect to a remote machine just fill the white upper blank field and wait for connection. Be sure to have a good quality line on both sides. Once connected you will interact as you were physically in front of the computer, with your keyboard and mouse. Of course you can also transfer files. The free connections last for 60 minutes. A really good program, you should have it on your pc.

Cons:

The field where you have to write the ID number of your peer is a bit hidden

Computer Software, Self Employed

Is AnyDesk good

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience with AnyDesk has been positive due to its fast and reliable remote access capabilities. The user interface is intuitive, making it easy to connect to and control remote devices. It provides robust security features, ensuring safe connections. However, occasional connectivity issues can disrupt the workflow.

Pros:

What I liked most about AnyDesk is its fast and smooth remote connection, making it easy to work from anywhere. Its user-friendly interface and cross-platform compatibility enhance accessibility. The security features, including encryption, provide peace of mind. Additionally, the low latency ensures real-time collaboration without significant delays.

Cons:

The least liked aspect of AnyDesk is its occasionally unstable connection, which can result in lag and disruptions.

Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

AnyDesk: Empowering Seamless Remote Collaboration

5.0 last month New

Comments: My experience with AnyDesk has been excellent. Its speed and intuitive interface made remote access effortless, fostering seamless collaboration across devices. Despite minor drawbacks like limitations in the free version and occasional audio/video quality issues, AnyDesk remains my top choice for remote desktop software.

Pros:

Blazing-fast performance ensures smooth remote access even in high-resolution displays or low bandwidth environments. Intuitive interface simplifies setup and navigation, making it accessible for users of all levels. Cross-platform compatibility facilitates seamless collaboration across diverse devices, enhancing productivity.

Cons:

Free version limitations may hinder access to advanced features like file transfer and session recording. Audio and video quality during sessions may suffer occasional lag or compression artifacts. Dependency on stable internet connection could pose challenges in areas with unreliable connectivity.

Aneesh
Aneesh
Game Developer in India
Computer Games, Self Employed

My AnyDesk Review by an Game Developer

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, It is solid software that gets work done just like it is supposed to do.

Pros:

Pros: The simplicity of use and the fact that even a non-techie can connect their device to another user's PC remotely by simply sharing their ID and address code with them are two things I like about AnyDesk. Since I work as a game developer and occasionally collaborate with others, AnyDesk is incredibly helpful because it makes it simple to connect to other people's computers and collaborate on projects from a distance.

Cons:

Cons: I dislike the scam aspect of AnyDesk. I am aware that AnyDesk employees are not directly to blame for these scams, but it still amazes me how many scammers use AnyDesk. Their tactics involve trying to access your computer and essentially taking control of it in order to steal as much information as possible. If you refuse to pay, they will threaten to install a virus on your computer and demand outrageous amounts of money to fix it. AnyDesk does make some efforts to eliminate these scammers, but I think there can be more of that.

Shayan
Shayan
intern in France
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

A program to solve problems

5.0 last month New

Comments: You can easily connect to other systems remotely and operate freely

Pros:

It is a very compact program. It is very easy to work with it. Even in the free version you have many accesses.

Cons:

Because the codes of each system are fixed, it may be a little weak in terms of security

Ali
Engineer in Türkiye
Civil Engineering, 201–500 Employees

Anydesk for Remote Desktop

4.0 last month New

Pros:

The fact that the free version is accessible to everyone is a big plus. It has all the usual features.

Cons:

The free version has relatively poor performance.

Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Anydesk review by Technical Support Agent

Comments: I love using AnyDesk, it works really good, it is fast, user friendly and reliable and I can always deliver super support to my customers with the use of this software.

Pros:

I like this Software because it is free and easy to use, also a lot of times it came really handy because it was easy to explain Customers how to install it and setup remote access to their PC. It is really fast and is very nice to have, especially when PC checkup is required during the night, for which we can setup password protected access so we can connect without the help from the Customer and without interrupting them and their work.

Cons:

Recording option sometimes creates videos which are of bad quality, even though internet connection was stable and ping was good. Also, in case of longer recordings, they tend to break at some point, take a lot of hdd space and I am unable to scroll it. Finally, it would be nice to have option to save to some desired format too.

Financial Services Software, Self Employed

Looking for a new way of managing your TV Box?

Comments: Easy to set up, almost immediate to learn (although some advanced and useful functions, e.g. file transfer across machines, may take a while to be come familiar with), value-for-money (there are lots of free functions you can try before you invest on the premium version). Well-done!

Pros:

AnyDesk is mostly used for remote user assistance and service ticket management. Still, I find it very effective with dealing with my Android TV box. Like most TV boxes, it has got no keyboard and navigating through menus may be cumbersome. By installing AnyDesk (which has a free, cross-platform version with lots of features) on both the TV box and my Windows 10 PC, I can use the latter (with its keyboard and touchpad) to install and customise apps on the former. If you use your TV box with complex media management pieces of software like Kodi or Plex, you know how much time and care they require to fully configure all functions and parameters. Bridging your PC to your TV box with AnyDesk really makes it a breeze. Once you have become familiar with AnyDesk, there are many more functions that you may enjoy. You can e.g. use it to provide assistance on someone else's PC without leaving home (something I found very valuable in times of lockdown) and even to record short sessions where you teach users how to solve frequent issues on their machines.

Cons:

Emulating Android special keys on a PC keyboard may be complex and hard to remember. Installing on Android machines requires an additional component that is hardware-dependent: although this is pretty straight-away on most machine, it may prove complex on less wide-spread models. Finally, of course, some advanced functions are premium only, but this is only fair. Overall, I can't see any major flaws in AnyDesk, although I must say that I am not using it for professional use. If you plan to use it to manage a custom help centre with tens of supported users, you may want to check another review before you buy the premium version.

Nanda
IT Officer in Indonesia
Fishery, 51–200 Employees

Anydesk is the Most Affordable Remote Desktop App for Small Teams

Comments: Anydesk is the most affordable, yet clean and easy to use. I cannot describe how I like it by all its features.

Pros:

Great feature is file sharing and request for elevation access.

Cons:

Nope, overall I like all the features. All have their own important role.

AnyDesk Review

Comments: Very positive! It is an essential tool for accessing remote devices. It solves many of the issues you can face when using remote access software that is native to your operating system.

Pros:

AnyDesk is easily accessible for download from their official website. It's quick to install on your desktop machine and takes no time at all to get up and running. Connecting to another device with AnyDesk installed is seamless. Mobile device versions of this software are available. Enabling you access to remote devices when you are not at a desktop machine or working stationary. The basic version of AnyDesk is free to use. This version provides many essential features. The Performance and Enterprise versions offer more powerful network and security features, unattended access for more devices, recording capabilities and branding options. You will need to pay for the upgraded versions of the software.

Cons:

The software does need further configuration to achieve a custom set-up. AnyDesk can require some advanced configuration, but this is solvable and you may need to check on the Internet for documented solutions. You may have to upgrade from the free version to the Performance version for the extra features.

Andrea
Andrea
Marketing Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

AnyDesk is excellent for collaboration and remote assistance

Comments: With AnyDesk I can collaborate with work colleagues, in a stable and organized way, it allows us to do a recording session, in this way a video can be shared with other employees, this helps to save time, it is a very safe software since it has a password and Two-factor authentication, it is possible to use it on almost all platforms, the iOS version is easy to use and practical to monitor other devices remotely.

Pros:

I have used remote connection software since many years ago, and over time, some improve and others get worse, AnyDesk has been one of the ones that have improved the most over time. Its interface and tools are the things that stand out the most from the competition. What I like the most is the organized way its Dashboard is, since it shows the devices to which we have remote access, we can add the name we want to have a better order, I like that its connection is stable and fluid, it has Two-factor authentication, that's extra security that many of their competitors don't have.

Cons:

One detail that I don’t like is when the full screen is used to control other devices, the brightness of the screen gets brighter; even when we have the brightness to the minimum on our PC, it is somewhat annoying when you are in a place with low light.

Joshua
Joshua
Lead System Administrator in UK
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Best Remote support app you can ever think of

Comments: Magnificent!!!!!!!!

Pros:

The ability to switch between different remote system without freezing and its super on time, like real time support without a single lag.

Cons:

I wish you can have a voice chat while using anydesk for remote support

Christopher
Christopher
Teacher in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Cross-Platform Remote Desktop

Comments: Overall, AnyDesk is the one program I cannot live without. It exceeds all my needs and I would be lost without it.

Pros:

I wanted a remote desktop solution that would work on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Raspberry Pi and AnyDesk checks all those boxes and more. I use the remote access and file transfer features daily. I am able to access all my systems from a single computer and do everything I need. I am even able to remotely troubleshoot for my parents. The flexibility of systems makes AnyDesk the most-used program on my computer.

Cons:

I have really nothing negative to say about AnyDesk. I do wish some features were not behind a paywall or that the pricing system was a single payment rather than monthly. Those have more to do with the company than the software itself. The software does everything I need it to do and more.

valerio
it manager in Italy

Mac and Windows without problem

Comments: Optimum! Can easy connect Mac and windows without trouble, free version is the best for the segment (no ads, no buy request). For a quick connection to customers is the best choice

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to suggest to any customer, no installation required for remote assistance

Cons:

Function menu too little, not easy to find

AnyDesk Highly Recommended

Comments: Easy to use, Speed fast, Secure, Wide range of devicescompatibility.

Pros:

Easy to use, not impact on Workstation or Laptop performance.

Cons:

No problem, on the contrary Anydesk have feature not found in his competitors.

Robert
Robert
Marketing Director in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A fast & simple remote access

Comments: Anydesk allows me to monitor and fix any issue on other devices without the need to move from my office, I can transfer files directly from one PC no another and I don’t need to upload them to a platform and then download them, allowing me to speed up my work, with Anydesk I can access with my laptop or just connect with my iPhone, On the other hand, if I need a document of great importance, it is enough that I have my ID number of my computer to be able to access it and transfer files or document.

Pros:

I like this remote desktop software since I can access a computer from a mobile or another computer only with the ID that Anydesk provides to the device in a unique way to the computer that we want to access, no matter where you are, with Anydesk you can connect and manage the other device as if you were behind. The time it takes to set up the software and learn how to use it is minimal. Within 10 minutes, you can install and start using it. and it supports numerous devices and platforms, which is a significant plus.

Cons:

What I don't like about Anydesk is that it doesn't have audio call communication with the other device, this would be a useful tool.

Youssef
Youssef
Chief Technology Officer in Lebanon
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Very fast and light weight remote support tool

Comments: Anydesk is very easy to setup at client computers especially for non-tech savvy users. Setting up unattended access is also very simple. Remote access through anydesk is quick, doesn't require a very fast connection and you can use it to transmit also sound from the remote computer

Pros:

Anydesk is very light weight and very quick to start. Users can download it and run it without the need to install it and the initial setup is not complicated

Cons:

Running anydesk on mac for the first time can be a bit tricky for non-experienced users as they need to go to system preferences and allow access to anydesk

Shankha
Shankha
Web Developer in India

The best Remote desktop software I have ever used

Pros:

Anydesk is the best, reasons are: It allows you to access multiple desktops in tabbed view under one single window. The unattended access feature is great, I can access my home computer while I am out of city, you don't need anyone to accept the access.

Cons:

They should improve the settings and control center for MacBooks, it creates a lot of problems finding settings like windows after accepting someone's incoming request.

Angellina
Angellina
Head Chef in US
Food Production, 201–500 Employees

Being in Control of your computer from anywhere around the world

Comments: I have used the app to solve both personal and business problems. I remember a time when my workmates were stuck with food and data entry on our kitchen computer, I could log in from another country and do things as if I was there. This helped a big deal.

Pros:

AnyDesk is one of the smartest applications that saves time and unforeseen costs of travelling long distances just to attend to issues on a computer, or other remote gadgets. One good thing I like about AnyDesk is that it is worldwide, being used by hundreds of millions of people across the globe. It is also supported almost an all the operating systems like windows, Android, Mac, Linux, Chrome, making it a universal software. Another fact I like about AnyDesk is the ease of screen sharing. There is no hustle about it, as long as there is user on the other end to accept the connection. AnyDesk also presents a very good screen scaling that the image displayed on the remote gadget is clear with no distortions. It feels as if you're sitting in front of the other PC. In my use of AnyDesk, I have not experienced any lagging or unnecessary bugs on it. It is generally smooth, with steady mouse movements. The app also has a free version and a paid version. The paid version is also relatively cheaper when compared to its competitors. Security of the application was also well considered. Firstly, the connection has to be manually iniciated from one end and accepted on the other end. A password has to be provided and used for the connection to start. Each session has its own password.

Cons:

No option to chat with the person on the other side, either through text or calls. So you rely on other communication apps to talk to each other. It would be good to add a feature where communication would be made directly via the AnyDesk.

Vineet
Vineet
Director in India
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Manage remote devices easily

Pros:

Love the ease of use, lets you connect to remote devices and they have a version for almost all major OS. Helps us connect to remote users and give them quick resolutions, saves times to visit their places. TO get a quick support one does not even need to install the product, it can just be executed without installation on Windows. Connecting to mobile phones is a big plus, but does not let you operate phones, only view. The personal edition is also free and does not bug you to subscribe to a paid edition.

Cons:

Crashed on a remote computer once, but that's an isolated single event. Drag & drop file to remote desk does not work, I always have to transfer files by using ctrl+c +v. Would also like to see the ability to control mobile phones.

sophia
sophia
Dispatch Manager in Kenya
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

We are able to cut costs on site visits with AnyDesk remote control.

Comments: My overall experience with AnyDesk so far has been amazing especially because I work with a large number of clients who need technical support. I don't have to be there physically to do this as long as I have the user id I can access their computer using my phone or laptop. With this, the company has been able to cut costs spent on site visits to clients places.

Pros:

AnyDesk allows me to offer technical support to my clients remotely. I like how the end users can share files remotely while sharing the screen and performing any task. Minimal lags and can connect to multiple computers at the same time.

Cons:

Your security can easily be compromised as someone who has permission to access your computer remotely can spy on you. Tends to slack off with slow internet connection.