15 years helping Canadian businesses

Canada Local product

About Kangaroo

Kangaroo's is a white-label, omni-channel customer loyalty marketing platform. Great for small businesses and franchise networks.

Learn more about Kangaroo

Pros:

Kangaroo has the amount of customization we were looking for from a loyalty, promotion, and marketing package.

Cons:

The time it took to create the app was a little longer than expected, but was understandable as we also had API integration with another company which caused some of this delay.

Kangaroo ratings

4.6
4.8
4.6
4.5

9.0/10

Kangaroo has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 116 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Kangaroo before?

Simon
Simon
Managing Director in UK
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Great Loyalty Software for Hospitality Businesses

Comments: Excellent. The team are quick to respond to any queries we have, and are actively contacting us to keep us up to date with new developments etc.

Pros:

The sales & support team are both excellent. So often with software you buy from over enthusiastic sales people to then discover a product which isn't fit for purpose. The software is highly customisable, and the team are proactive in reaching out to make sure you are getting the most from your ongoing investment.

Cons:

The backend is a little clunky, seems a little old fashioned and is lacking some functionality.The email marketing engine is a little outdated, and it would be far more preferable to allow all of the functions which only work internally to be available to those using an external email client, like Mailchimp.

Alternatives Considered: Como Sense and MyLoyal

Reasons for Switching to Kangaroo: Integration with Lightspeed EPOS and the great access to support.

8 months ago

Hi Simon, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback! We're glad you've had a positive experience with our sales and support teams thus far and that the solution is working well for your business. There is a new version of the portal available that is more user-friendly with an updated UI. Additionally, our team is in the process of updating the email marketing engine in the coming months. If you have any further questions about the backend, please reach out to us at [email protected]

Keira
Marketing Manager in US

Switched to Kangaroo From Fivestars

5.0 last month New

Comments: We work with [sensitive content hidden] and he has been great about helping us whenever we can't figure something out or helping us find solutions when we encounter a limitation or need a workaround.

Pros:

We switched from Fivestars as we are expanding to e-commerce and needed a provider that could work with us due to being in a regulated industry. We like that we can do targeted marketing based on behaviors , recent purchases, visits interests, tiers, etc. These metrics are important to understand your customers. Kangaroo customer service has been great about finding a solution when we encounter limitations within our industry or software integrations. There is an integration with Klaviyo as well, so that is nice to have. We got this software because it integrates with Lightspeed POS as well.

Cons:

I hope the developers can allow us to manually export our own customers lists via a filter/csv download in the future instead of the user needing to rely on Kangaroo each time. I would recommend Kangaroo using an unlimited email system, up to 10,000 emails or a similar system and build that into their contract instead of the credit system, as emails don't cost the same as SMS texts. Most providers are using the credit system and this would set them apart.

Alternatives Considered: TapMango and springbig

Reasons for Choosing Kangaroo: Fivestars is very basic and suitable for beginners, but not for companies who are looking to grow. There are no metrics for behaviors other than basic redemptions, there is no ability to target groups of people based on behaviors/purchases, no white labeling. Fivestars uses their brand to promote their business, so that means it encourages customers to go anywhere that takes Fivestars, including your competitors if they also have Fivestars. If a customer unsubscribes from one Fivestar business, it will also opt them out of yours too. Customers don't recognize your brand when they get some of the notifications, so they will tune you out over time. Fivestars SMS and email program is very basic and limited.

Switched From: SumUp

Reasons for Switching to Kangaroo: Kangaroo's pricing was a lot better in terms of implementation, set up, and annual cost.

tim
president in Canada

good product

Comments: fairly good prdouct

Pros:

nice simple product to use ... nice to be able to provide customers with rewards ...

Cons:

missing some features that another product had ... need to be able to let people know when they have a discount ...

4 years ago

Hello Tim, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear that our loyalty software is easy to use and your customers enjoy collecting rewards. As for notifying members when they have a discount, Kangaroo offers several options. Customers may be notified by email automation, SMS Text or push notifications via the APP. I will have our support team reach out shortly to address your concerns. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards. We appreciate your business. Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

Aimee

FiveStars to Kangaroo Transition

5.0 last month New

Comments: The transition to Kangaroo has been a learning process, but overall I am satisfied with the product. The redemption is streamlined and the marketing will be manageable once it is setup. The setup was more cumbersome than I had planned on, but that comes with any transition.

Pros:

The overall transition has gone smoother than I expected. I like that the program integrates with Shopify POS. The staff feels it is easier to use and there are fewer steps than FiveStars. Customer support has been available and checked in multiple times to ensure the transition was working. Our customers like that they don't have to enter their information. It's easier for them.

Cons:

The customer list transferred into Kangaroo, but not into Shopify, which leads to the risk of duplicate customers or no names attached to customers. The auto marketing campaign does not have wording setup and the offer expiration is not able to convert to the actual dates it expired.

Clarissa
Consultant in US
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

So far, so good!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very pleasant team and the reps are very hands-on to walk you through every step.

Pros:

I've really enjoyed working with the Kangaroo team. It's not your traditional loyalty program but they make it super easy to navigate and walk you through how to use all the features. Easy set up and very hands-on team. [sensitive content hidden] is great!

Cons:

I think the user interface is not as intuitive as others but it doesn't make or break the switch. We're happy with the switch we made.

Aaron
Retail Director in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great service overall, needs a little tweaking

4.0 last month New

Comments: I do love the sales and support team, really a top group of people and very helpful. I would personally like less options that work flawlessly over too many options that have some clunky things about them.

Pros:

SMS messages for marketing and the Loyalty integration into Lightspeed has really helped keep our customers in one place for communication. Sales and Support is amazing. [sensitive content hidden] has helped me more times than I can count!

Cons:

With the introduction of eCommerce and the ever changing technology involved to integrate etc, there are some improvements that Kangaroo can do to make this product change from good to great. I love the support staff, they all really are the best but on the back end, it seems like they cannot implement things fast enough and there are a lot of small user friendly type changes that need to be made.

Elham
CRM junior specialist in Lebanon
Food & Beverages, 201–500 Employees

Great platform for loyalty program

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: great experience especially if you want to implement a loyalty program.

Pros:

the support team is great and directly help you to understand your needs.

Cons:

There isn't a proper report for customers that shows everything comprehensively, and it's a bit tricky to navigate. I would like to have more detailed reports for customers and their history (transactions, products...)

Alexandra
Executive Manager in US
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy Breezy Kangaroo

5.0 last week New

Comments: Great, and when there are any hiccups [sensitive content hidden] is our go to for immediate assistance. His willingness to help is unbeatable.

Pros:

Its easily learnable platform and the customer assistance

Cons:

A little difficult at first but then its easy to understand

Fatima
Owner in UK

Exceptional Customer Service

5.0 last month New

Pros:

So easy to set up, and whenever we had even the smallest question the team was so excellent about communicating and helping us out

Cons:

None- no cons so far, everything has been lovely

Nicholas
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Textiles, 11–50 Employees

Good program

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

it's intuitive and ease of use for customers.

Cons:

Kangaroos Shopify app and website can be a bit slow loading your portal.

Alternatives Considered: Growave and White Label Loyalty

Reasons for Switching to Kangaroo: Pricing and customer support are better.

Andre

A Rewards System that Grows with Your Business

Comments: Customer retention is very vital to several businesses. Many people hate how cell phone service companies always try to market to get new customers into contracts while neglecting their long time customers and not providing the best service/deals/etc. I see the majority of my sales from 80% as returning customers. So it's important to me to keep reminding them that I should be a destination for their shopping. The rewards does a great deal to keep bringing people back to me while I utilize social media to attract new customers.

Pros:

I love how Kangaroo Rewards integrates with my Lightspeed POS system. It is very straightforward and easy to use. I can customize how my customers receive points/rewards/bonuses and more! It feature automatic campaigns that reach out to my at-risk customers that reminds them that I still should be part of their shopping experience/reminders. I like the support the company gives to the users. They are always willing to improve the rewards system and also willing to listen to make changes that I find not useful/difficult/confusing. We are part of the top 5 users of Kangaroo Rewards in the franchise that I am in and it's been a great experience so far!

Cons:

My major complaint to the company was the layout on the administrator's website. I find it very difficult to navigate and find exactly what I need. Some of the self-service FAQ's have been down for a bit but they are finally back up. At a conference I attended, Kangaroo Rewards assured to me that there is an update coming and will be available soon that addresses all my concerns! So it's exciting to see that they are listening to user feedback.

4 years ago

Hello Andre, Thank you for the glowing review! It was a pleasure meeting you at the conference and we're thrilled that our software is helping to contribute to the success of your business! Thank you for your ongoing support and fidelity, we appreciate your business. Warm Regards, Team Kangaroo

Victoria
Inventory Specialist in US

Victoria's Review

Comments: The customer service of the staff is top notch. They always respond quickly and are fast to help come up with solutions to my problems

Pros:

Ease of use, Customer point tracking, Customer Service from Staff

Cons:

I wish there was more we could do for our tiered customers in the future besides a point multiplier

8 months ago

Hi Victoria, We appreciate your vote of confidence, it means a lot to us. Regarding Kangaroo's Tier program, we wanted to make sure you're aware of the full capacity and versatility of this program. Point Multiplier is only one of many ways to craft exclusive offers and rewards for each tier. Every targeted offer you create in Kangaroo can be exclusive to a particular Tier. Kangaroo's powerful marketing segmentation has many possibilities. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your dedicated customer success team to go through this and more in-depth. Thank you for your continued support, and for trusting us with your business!

Pamela
. in Lebanon

Its great

Pros:

Kangaroo Company stands out as an exceptional workplace where the dedication of its employees is truly commendable. The team consistently goes above and beyond, ensuring that every request is promptly addressed and assistance is readily available whenever needed. Their commitment to thorough follow-ups reflects a genuine concern for the well-being of their employees. Moreover, the company's commitment to continuous learning is evident in their willingness to provide comprehensive training, tailoring it to individual needs and allowing ample time for skill development. The culture of offering insightful advice for the betterment of the restaurant demonstrates not only their professionalism but also their genuine interest in the success of both employees and the establishment they serve.

Cons:

No issues with Kangaroo Company; all good!

Kosta
Owner in Canada

Great Loyalty Program with App

Comments: A powerful loyalty program with robust marketing and an exceptional app. After going through covid, it really highlighted a need to add a digital component to offer the best experience for our customer base and the ability to communicate and market directly to our customers. Now customers can make a reservation, view our menu, order online, earn rewards and learn about our promotions and new products. I'm very happy and the team at Kangaroo is exceptional in making sure that we were completely satisfied and ready to launch.

Pros:

I chose Kangaroo Rewards to power our loyalty program because I can create custom rewards and offers, target and market via SMS text and email to my customer database all in one platform. The custom app that they built for me, enables my customers to make a reservation, order online, refer friends, view our menu, browse offers and promotions, market events with custom banners and, track their progress. It's professional and the QR code, let's customers scan in really quickly.

Cons:

It's a strong program with a lot of options, so there's a bit of a learning curve. Their support team is really great and I had my team trained up in 1hr.

2 years ago

Thank you for the wonderful review Kosta! It's been a pleasure working with you and your management team.

Ron
OWNER in US

Comunicating with my customers

Comments: We will be communicating better with our customers once we start using all of the features available in the app & the people at Kangaroo have been easy to work with

Pros:

It integrates with Lightspeed and I needed a rewards program & a way to communicate with my customers

Cons:

I feel it is rather expensive, partly because I don't have time to set up and use all of the features I'm paying for. I think the Lightspeed app is expensive also but I need something to run my business effectively and these apps work well together

4 years ago

Hello Ron, Thank you for the positive review. We're pleased to hear that Kangaroo has proven itself to be an effective rewards & communication tool for your business. We understand that there are a lot of features available on our platform, however we assure you that once you have taken the time to activate all the features, the program will really flourish and provide even greater benefits. If you require additional help, please feel free to reach out to our support team. We are always happy to help! Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards, we appreciate your business! Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

bryce
ceo in US
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for Our Business

Comments: Excellent customer support, always there to help.

Pros:

Customer service to work through customizing the out of box product.

Cons:

A mistaken points bonus can't be undone by me of Kangaroo team.

6 months ago

Hi Bryce, We appreciate you stating that Kangaroo is perfect for your business. This is a vote of confidence we don't take lightly or for granted! We will reach out shortly regarding the Bonus Points issue to understand the use case and get it fixed for you. We appreciate your business!

Specialist, Man of many hats. in US

My Review

Pros:

I like everything about the system. They did good work putting it together.

Cons:

Not being able to set our customers up with a default PIN when signing into the Loyalty App for the first time.Our customers currently have to email Kangaroo support in order to establish their PIN when using the Loyalty App for the first time.

Logan
Executive Assistant in US

A Pleasant and Seamless Experience with Kangaroo Rewards and Team

Comments: Overall our experience with Kangaroo was very positive. There were multiple trainings and guidance along the way that made us more than prepared for our loyalty program launch. We were left with a ton of resources that support our team. We know it has been a successful integration based on the positive feedback from our customers and the minimal troubleshooting post-launch.

Pros:

Not only was it the functionality of Kangaroo that made this relationship a success, but also their amazing customer service. We worked with Janice and she was incredibly helpful, available, and knowledgable at all times. Live Chat and the entire customer service team made this integration seamless for us.

Cons:

Not much to say about things we liked the least. The only issues we ran into were design customization as it relates to branding. Definitely room for improvement but not a deal breaker.

Sharni
Sharni
CEO in US

So many features

Comments: Kangaroo Rewards replaced several pieces of software for us. We were able to do away with email newsletter software and text message software, and we were able to update our paper rewards system. We saved a little money and a lot of monthly effort putting all of these things into one place. The biggest way we saved was removing the labor cost of maintaining our manual rewards card system. Customers are loving redeeming things with their points. We can choose all manner of things for them to redeem, and they love the choices.

Pros:

Ease of use Number of features Integrates with Lightspeed Customer support is great

Cons:

Tablet version is buggy Wish it would allow you to edit offers when using them in marketing emails.

6 years ago

Hi Sharni, Thank you so much for your review and your feedback. The glitch you had experienced on the that specific version of tablet app is now fixed. Thank you for reporting it and thank you for being an awesome customer! Kangaroo Rewards

Francisco
CEO in Canada
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Best loyalty program out there

Pros:

Versatility, simplicity, customer service. Everything we need from a loyalty program

Cons:

We are not able to merge accounts ourselves

Serge
Managing Partner in Lebanon
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Highly Recommended 👍🏻👍🏻

Comments: Very good 👍🏻👍🏻
Would highly recommend to any business that’s thinking of working with Kangaroo

Pros:

Easy to use, has lots of cool features that are very beneficial for our business

Cons:

Not much. To be honest their support team is highly efficient and answer all our needs straight away

3 months ago

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're delighted that you find our product easy to use and full of helpful features for your business. Providing exceptional customer service is highly important for us, and we're delighted that it's reflected in your experience. If you have any further feedback or suggestions for us please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to ensure your continued success with Kangaroo!

Jenn
Manager in Canada

Excellent Loyalty Program

Comments: I am very happy with Kangaroo and their support team is very quick to respond on the chat line to help me whenever I have a question. Most of all, this program brings in results!

Pros:

I like how easy it was to set up the rewards and get customers to use the app to check in and earn points. We're very busy and the QR code really speeds up the process. Now that our email and text marketing is all in one, it's very fast to set up a campaign and get it sent out.

Cons:

Everything works exactly as promised. I have nothing negative to say.

Shyam
Manager in US

Customer follow up

Comments: I like it very much as small business but still having marketing tool to hold its customer base.

Pros:

Very good to stay connected to your customer base.

Cons:

This highlights Kangaroo Rewards more than the Store

4 years ago

Hello Shyam, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We''re pleased to hear that Kangaroo's marketing tools are effective in helping you stay connected with your customers. Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

Trey

Works well with Lightspeed

Comments: For the most part they have been very responsive and it has worked for my needs.

Pros:

The integration with Lightspeed is really good. The newsletters are easy to make and share on social media. They have made changes off my recommendations.

Cons:

would like to be able to better separate the customers and use categories from Lightspeed as well as tags.

4 years ago

Hello Trey, Thank you for taking the time to review Kangaroo. We're happy to read that our software is working well for your needs and that our support team has been great. We take your suggestions seriously and we will definitely look into developing deeper tag segmentation. Your business is important to us and we appreciate your valuable feedback. Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

Rana
Owner in Lebanon
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Best loyalty program and customer service!

Pros:

Their amazing customer service! Always super attentive and ready to help!

Cons:

Nothing so far. Everything is going as we were expecting