Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Todoist

Todoist is the world's #1 to-do list & task manager to organise your life and work.

Learn more about Todoist

Showing 1,410 reviews

Hafizah S.
Hafizah S.
Assistant Manager Business Development
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-06-02

"The very best of Todoist"

Pros: I really like that member of my team can be assigned to a different task within our project and a specific assignment. The project timeline is accessible easily since it indicates task due-dates as well as a visualized timeline of the project's progress. More importantly, it is simple to become comfortable with all of Todoist's features and functions.

Cons: Todoist isn't great for sharing and storing documents and data. It has a restriction on the number of files and documents that can be uploaded. Thus I had to use another cloud storage service to transfer a big file to a colleague. Apart from that, everything is fine, and I enjoy using it.

• Reviewed on 2021-06-02
Zane B.
Zane B.
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-07-27

"A simple yet VERY effective tool for task management"

Comments: Great tool for task management. Simple yet effective and worth every penny to get the pro version.

Pros: I can create a task in less than 10 seconds. I love the new description feature additions as it allows me to add more context about any given task.

Cons: It can be a bit limited if you want to use the app to keep track of projects. There's a comment feature but it's hard to find comments about old or completed tasks making searching for old info a bit more time-consuming.

• Reviewed on 2021-07-27
Martha M.
Occupational Health and Safety Manager
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-08-26

"You can do it with Todoist"

Comments: I have been managing my daily tasks at personal and home level. My general testimony is that for every task I have for that day, if I have it on todoist, I know I'll do it.

Pros: The first thing that will capture your attention is the logo itself. The symbol of three white ticks in a red background gives an inner feeling of success amidst a dangerously busy day.
The app has both a free version and a paid version. The paid version is priced from $4 to $5 per person per month, which is reasonable.
When you open the app, you are welcome with the Bird's eye view of your week. You plan your tasks and fill them into the timeslots of your choice, so you can see how your week appears on the dashboard. This helps you to readjust your plans sensibly.
Todoist works perfectly well on almost all well-known platforms. You have all the assurance to find your data on every gadget you use, because everything is synched, making you less likely to forget a thing.
Todoist can also work flawlessly on your device without a data connection and still sync everything when you are back online.
You'll find Todoist most suitable for personal routine or daily quick plans and tasks. You can share tasks with family members and set reminders at intervals of your choice.
The app can be integrated with various productivity applications like Google calendar, Jira, Slack, zendesk, Gmail, Outlook, Teams Zapier, etc.
I also like the swiftness and the AI applied in Todoist. As you type your task in the text box, the app automatically detects time and date in your sentence and accurately sets a reminder at that specific date and time.

Cons: I have not experienced any problem with the application so far. I would have said it here. If I am to compare with other apps under the same category, I am sure I was going to have complaints.

• Reviewed on 2021-08-26
Steve M.
Steve M.
Director of Digital Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-31

"The to-do app I've actually stuck with for a long time"

Comments: It's superb for always being ready to go. I really love the Android widget that always sits on my home screen right next to my calendar and weather. It shows my task list for the day and I have no excuse for not knowing what needs doing.

Pros: I have used Todoist for almost 3 years now and it's the one to-do product that I seem to be able to stick with. I went through a variety of to-do-list managers before this, but somehow because of the wide range of platforms that it supports, including a browser extension, a native Windows app, mobile apps, and a native Mac app, Todoist meets my needs really well. So I guess the feature I like the most is it's ubiquity and speed--it's always close at hand. It can even be the default to-do manager on an Alexa device, which is really nice because you don't have to say "open Todoist" or something like that.

Cons: The free version is really limited. I had the paid version for quite a while and then switched back, but miss a few of the paid features. Even simple things like seeing completed to-dos aren't available unless you pay, so consider the free tier to be VERY limited.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-31
Kristen G.
Web Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-03

"The perfect tool for keeping your to-do list organized"

Comments: I use ToDoist to keep track of tasks sent to me by clients. I don't use it for project management, extensive notes, or workflow so much as a simple to-do list of projects that need to be completed. Sometimes you don't need to write a lot of details - you just need to be sure you do the task and todoist is the best software I have found for that. Love it!

Pros: I love how it's a no frills to-do list I can access on my computer and phone. I love being able to set up different projects, due dates, and sub tasks. It also helps me with my EOM invoicing so I know what I did for each client.

Cons: I wish I could get more features for free. The comment feature and ability to set reminders look great. Although, Todoist does send me an email every day letting me know what's on my list, so that is very helpful even without reminders.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-03
Billing Specialist
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-05

"How would I live without it?"

Comments: Overall, I wouldn't change anything about the layout of Todoist. I could not stay organized or finish a good portion of my job without Todoist. It's relatively simplistic, but I love that about it, and I appreciate the intuitiveness of the tool in general.

Pros: Todoist is very easy to use. I like that I can create a task and add as many notes to it as I need. When I don't have the time or brain power to finish a project at the end of the day, I create a task in Todoist so I can pick up where I left off the next day. It's easy to move the due date on any task if anything changes. The most significant way I use Todoist is to fill in the gaps on any work processes that are not fully automated. I set tasks out in the future all the time to make sure the final step is compete. Without Todoist I would be at a loss!

Cons: The only thing I don't like about Todoist is it doesn't always log my completed tasks immediately. When I mark a task as completed, it should disappear from my list right away, but sometimes it doesn't update until I have refreshed the page. I'm guessing this is an issue that will be solved by the Todoist team soon.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-05
Yaroslav K.
Information Technology Major
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-09

"Your personal assistant everyday, everywhere || Best portable task manager"

Pros: *Flexibility
You can use browser, android, ios, windows, mac device, apple watch, android wear or even use a gmail or outlook.
Todoist is right there for you.
*UI
It has the most welcoming UI of all todo managers. Of course, tastes are different. But I believe, no-one would disagree that Todoist is well made and developed with Love.
*Scalability and features No being a full scale CRM does not stop Todoist from having everything you might want to have for your everyday simple lists, reminders and tasks. Todoist offers such features as a great approach to structure of tasks, flawless work on the prioritizing tasks and creating simple lists. *Integrations and little things
Todoist offers a broad range of features out of the box, such as projects, links as tasks, scheduling and calendar integration.
You always forget to pick up or buy something. Or want to prepare for the day by creating a simple todo - this app is for YOU.

Cons: 1. More integrations needed. First of all calendars - at the moment the work there is mostly messy and is not optimized. It would be nice to have it in a compact and comfortable tab (calendar tab) and also add calendars on the go and display tasks or meeting in todoist. That would be a huge leap ahead. 2. Pricing of Todoist is not smart, to my humble opinion. First of all, they don't offer monthly payments, why not? Yes, I agree it's cheaper to pay for a year. But what if I am not sure. There are many todo apps and the pricing might be the only thing that would stop people from using todoist constantly, students for example. Would it not be nice to have more flexibility and options there.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-09
Zoran L.
Multimedia Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-11

"An easy to use, versatile, productivity and organization multi-platform app."

Comments: Todoist is great for scheduling and deadlines and is an excellent collaboration tool. It is available on many platforms both online and offline, easily syncs and has an offline functionality. As a productivity tool, Todoist is great for teams allowing 50 people per project. It features the centralized team billing, management log-in tracking and priority support at an affordable price. It takes some thought and time to customize and use the product. The free version is restrictive, but the paid version offers a 30-day trial that uses a credit card information and is easy to cancel. Also, it is relatively affordable with a monthly plan. I highly recommend Todoist for freelancers, small, medium, and even large businesses.

Pros: Real-time Data Synchronization among the different platforms.
30-day trial and easy to cancel.
The end of trial email reminder.
Many ways to measure and visualize progress.
Variety of platforms, apps, and plugins supported as follows: Web, Win, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android watch, Apple watch, extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Email plugins for the Outlook and Gmail.
It integrates with hundreds of applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, IFTTT, and Pomodoro.
Great social media presence.
An excellent support blog and support help guide center.
Todoist Sync and REST API for creating custom tasks and custom integration sync.
Customizable shortcuts are available everywhere, regardless of the plan.
Shared project settings.
Quick add task feature.
Project, label, reminders priority and a quick comment.
Productivity meter.
It has many options available for editing tasks.
Available in 17 languages.
Available in 10 multi-color themes.
Daily and weekly goals.
Motivational features.
Backup downloads.
Automatic downloads.
Google Calendar 2-way sync integration.
An email notification controls.
Centralized team billing.
It adds projects, labels, and filters to the favorites.
It adds and removes users easily.
The Todoist for Web changelog contains details for the web, plugin, and desktop versions of Todoist.

Cons: Not a straightforward way to sign up with an existing account on an Android app.
The trial requires a credit card info although it is easy to cancel.
An Android app does not move to the SD card.
Free version for Android lacks reminders/alerts.
It limits the list to 200 active projects and tasks per project in the premium version. It should be unlimited.
2048 characters per task name and 255 characters per project name It should be more than that.
The interface takes some time to master and lacks consistency.
The calendar feature is missing.
Personal and business lists are not plainly separated.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-11
Arshad Z.
Senior Accountant
Philanthropy, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-26

"The perfect life planner"

Pros: - Amazing way to sort lists - you can have projects and labels (labels only available in the paid subscription). I am looking into the GTD model by David Allen and labels are used as "contexts" - meaning that I have things to do in certain environments or contexts. I have list for things I need to do in the office, or at home, or on the computer, or at the grocery store, or at my kid's school. Once you are in a particular context, you look to your label for things you need to do at that particular place
- Projects are a great way to organize yourself, having the ability to see updates for a particular project is really convenient
- A vast list of shortcuts to improve efficiency
-Drag and drop features make it convenient to sort your lists/projects
-Date reminder - as soon as you have an item to do and input a date/time, the app understands this and generates a reminder for the task at that particular date/time, which is really cool!
-Sharing projects - if someone else has the app, you can share a project in real time
- Can access the app across devices

Cons: -Dates - sometimes I don't want the date to be included as a reminder but the app always translates the date as such and would be nice if I could hit the backspace on the app and it would understand that it is not something I want as a reminder
-Checklists - would be good if Todoist integrated checklists like Google Keep where you can copy and paste lists from a text message and Todoist would interpret each line as a separate list item or give you the option to paste it as separate items or one list

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-26
Shahila A.
Shahila A.
Business Development Manager
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-08

"Manage to-do list like expert do"

Comments: Todoist really benefited me in sense of helping me managing all my daily work task, along with my personal task. I really enjoy all my time having this software and use it daily.

Pros: Managing to-do list and simple task and project is feasible with this application as the structure to adding and deleting task on scheduler is very simple and easy to do. I can add tags to the task for a better organizer and easy for me to search for it back.

Cons: All the good and helpful features and tools only available on the premium plan and not much customization can be done with the free plan. The integration with google calendar is not too good as it keep failed to synchronized my reminder with google calendar.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-08
Athar K.
Attorney
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-27

"Cross-Platform. Very Customizable. Tons of Integrations."

Comments: Overall, I recommend it over any other app for the reasons in my Pros section. It’s not perfect but it’s the best one out there.

Pros: I like that my tasks are available on every platform, I can customize it and assign project names, labels, due dates, etc. all from inline text. I also like that it has a nice bi-directional API for Zapier (unlike, say, OmniFocus.). That allows me to use it with Clio.

Cons: It is sometimes a bit too customizable which can lead to over management of unimportant aspects of tasks. I don’t like that there is no review option (like OmniFocus which does this very well). The alarms are not great. There is no default time for alarms and the reminders are not very persistent.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-27
Eduardo A.
Sales Manager
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-27

"Great tool to get organized, but it's not fully GTD compliant"

Comments: Loved it when we first started using it, but we eventually switched to the competition when our organization started to grow.

Pros: Todoist has a clean interface that let's you focus on your tasks. It is super easy to get started and to import/export tasks.

Cons: If you're a GTD follower, it can get really tricky to set it up the way you want it. You have no clear way to input the desired outcome and the inbox as well as the weekly review is could be better. Also collaborating in teams is nearly imposible.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-27
Haszilah A.
Haszilah A.
Administrative Assistant
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-06-15

"Helpful in reminding my task"

Pros: Todoist really work for me as i have never forgot and missing my daily task that i has schedule after deploying this software as my personal reminder and task manager. The task manager has so many option like sub-task, collaboration and time reminder that i need to organizing my task effectively.

Cons: The free version and the paid version has not too many difference on the feature that they offer, thus upgrading to the paid version is not too beneficial, and not many feature are can be unlocked even with the premium version. I hope they can adding more value to it so user will get more value with the premium plan.

• Reviewed on 2021-06-15
Sr Director of IT
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-26

"Great task management tool"

Comments: Overall I think it's a good product and pay for the premium version for the additional features. I like it more than Microsoft ToDo or Toodledo.

Pros: I like the availability of the tool being online, mobile app, and even a Chrome app. My tasks are always available for me to review. There is a lot of customization to configure it how you like to work and prioritize. The company is constanly improving the product most recently implementing kanban functionality.

Cons: I have to make sure the Chrome app, how I like to use ToDoist when on my laptop, is synced and and updated. I need to make sure it's synced or I'll see previously completed tasks.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-26
Randy H.
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-19

"Excellent software, next-level features"

Comments: My company offers a variety of services for our business clients, this means that each service has its own process to follow. Todoist allow us to separate each project neatly and keep track of all processes to execute in order to successfully fulfill a project for our clients.

Pros: The best thing about Todoist is the ease of use when deciding to add, assign and manage tasks. The software does a great job at limiting the amount of time it takes to create a series of tasks and subtasks to allow for a complete breakdown of a task. Todoist is comprehensive and offers the ability to create projects to separate personal and business tasks. I think the coolest feature of all is the ability to sync Todoist with your calendar. This is perfect because every tasks that you add on Todoist with a due date, is automatically synchronized to your calendar, and this makes it very easy to keep track of daily assignments and responsibilities.

Cons: There isn’t anything that I dislike about Todoist. I’ve been using the software for years and it’s made me a master at properly managing my life and work.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-19
Syazila R.
Syazila R.
Information Technology Assistant
Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-06-30

"Todoist is the best personal organizer"

Pros: I like a clean and minimal type of software dashboard especially for a software that i had to use on daily basis, and Todoist provide both. The listing is easy to look and easy to organized. I can drag & drop the task easily across my to-do list folder or category. The reminder option can be integrated with Google Calendar, which i find it very helpful to synchronized everything on one place.

Cons: Todoist can be quite expensive as they will charge quite high on a monthly recurring payment compared to the yearly payment scheme. The problem with the yearly payment scheme, as the software is not the most essential or top priority for my work, it will be quite a burden to pay a lump sum and subscribing it for a year.

• Reviewed on 2021-06-30
Joshua S.
Student
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-02

"Excellent product for GTD (Getting Things Done)"

Comments: I am learning that not everything needs a deadline, my to do list will always be full, and that I can accomplish more than I thought.

Pros: This product is streamlined and integrates well with other products. The ability to organize your tasks on multiple levels is also nice. What I mean by multiple levels: you can organize in a standard list, that any task list app will do. However, you can also organize by tag. Why this is nice is that if you have multiple personal tasks (for example) across varying lists for time periods, you can instantly pull up all of your personal tasks. There is a wide combination of course of how suit this to your own needs.
Finally, the reminders are extremely helpful and make it easy to prioritize your upcoming tasks. I hardly ever forget anything now, since I instantly put it on my appropriate list and give it a due date (if appropriate).

Cons: I really hate to say this but I don't have any flaws to point out. I evaluated over five to-do list apps, in depth. (IQTell, Wunderlist, Google Tasks, Microsoft To Do, Asana, Evernote to name a few) This is the one I have been using now for over a year. A to do list is essential to my work so I was quite scrutiness in my evaluation.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-02
Jake C.
Jake C.
ecommerce analyst
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-05

"Excellent Organizational Tool"

Comments: Overall Todoist is super easy to use, very functional, and I can't think of many people that wouldn't benefit from using this software. Go ahead and give it a try if you're on the fence, the trial is free. I'm certainly glad Todoist was recommended by me, and I've gotten tons of other coworkers onboard since I started using it myself, and everyone loves it.

Pros: If you know me, you know I LOVE organizing everything. Todoist is a very nice application that allows me to organize my projects, tasks, etc. at work to keep me sane. It's very simple but effective, as an organizational tool should be. The price is plenty worth it for what you're given and the time it saves you by using it, plus the headaches it saves you from. The free version might work for many, if the free version works for you then you're even more in luck. I pay but the price is minimal anyway, I do enjoy the extra features. Use the free version/free trial to see what's right for you.

Cons: It's nitpicky, but sometimes there is a little lag when marking off tasks as completed. This might annoy someone more anal than myself, ha. I had to use outlook once for a certain client and encountered a couple errors, had to refresh. Luckily I don't often have to use outlook - but could be a consideration for someone other than me, so be wary if you use outlook exclusively (and I'm sorry if that's something you have to do!)

• Reviewed on 2019-12-05
Elvis M.
Elvis M.
Founder of Listiller.com
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-29

"My productivity increased drastically thanks to reminders, labels, and endless active projects."

Comments: Increased productivity and feel less overwhelmed completing tasks.

Pros: Todoist is free by default with optional premium features. This means you aren't forced to choose one option over the other from the get-go. The ability to configure dozens of active projects suited for each day, all independent from one another. Your tasks are synchronized across multiple devices so you can access them on the go. Email and text notifications are crucial; Todoist handles this like a champ. Configure recurring and advanced tasks whenever you wish, such as, "the third Monday starting in November." Colored labeling and the ability to easily rearrange any task. Sub-tasks and sub-projects mean that you can assign specific names to tasks that are similar in nature, and categorize them accordingly. Highly competitive pricing.

Cons: Todoist can be overwhelming due to the vast amount of features. It's great for everyday usage; as a highly active person, however, you will likely need to read their documentation sooner or later.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-29
Ameer N.
Student/Intern
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-11

"Set daily and weekly targets, review patterns in productivity!"

Comments: The overall experience is quite positive and satisfying .It change my life on daily basis. Earlier It hard for me to manage the task and time.In fact I didn't have the daily goals.I just do the work i remembered.

Pros: I get to know about it from a Youtube video .I was in desperate need ,just to make things done on time.If you completed all the due task then a screen popped up showing message "You're all done for today! #TodoistZero Enjoy your night". To be honest whenever I saw the message ,It gives me sense of relief and achievement. By any chance if you failed to complete the task ,it shows under inbox tag as overdue.You can even add the project as well as different collaborators to the projects. One more thing I like about it, is that there are different karma levels( from begineer to enlightened) .The more you complete your goal the higher karma level you reach.You can also reschedule your task for future.

Cons: It's bit expensive .You can only invites project collaborators who is in your contacts. Template requires an upgrade .If you using free version ,you cannot use basic feature like reminders.Sometime the amount of notification irritates you.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-11
Nurain O.
Nurain O.
Human Resources Assistant
Utilities, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-07-15

"Task manager and to-do list"

Pros: Dashboard customization with Trello is very flexible, it help me to arrange and only show the most important tools and task on the main page. The to-do list tools is making sure that i finish all of my daily task or activity on time.

Cons: I had a problem synchronizing my item from the desktop application to my iPhone. I had to manually refresh the application on my iPhone for it to show the the latest data. It is quite a nuisance as i had to making sure that i have the latest data every time i am opening the apps.

• Reviewed on 2021-07-15
Deputy Director
Libraries, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-23

"Best to-do app out there"

Pros: Todoist is one of the few productivity apps that focuses on doing one thing really, really well. Lists are simple and everyone uses them, but Todoist is the only digital notes tool that fully unlocks their power. Basic users can create grocery lists and home improvement projects; advanced users can manage projects by creating tasks, assigning responsibility and deadlines, and measuring progress. Deceptively simple, but robust. Best priced premium features of any app out there.

Cons: I'm spoiled by apps giving away everything for free. I like Todoist's premium features and happily pay for them (especially considering they cost less than a coffee).

• Reviewed on 2019-07-23
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-31

"Simple to use and manage tasks across a team."

Comments: Increased collaboration with the team and a single place for all tasks to be stored and tracked!

Pros: A great tool for collaborating on projects and keeping track of running tasks and milestones. Todoist allowed my small team to manage projects interactively and made sure that everyone was on the same page as far as tasks and assignments. Availability across platforms was also an added benefit that enabled buy-in from the team on a task tracking platform.

Cons: I am a user of the free version, so the biggest drawback for me personally is the lack of some features other tools do have in a free version because they are behind the paywall.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-31
Theatre Arts & Video Gaming Scholar
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-25

"Stay on Track with Todoist"

Comments: I have been using Todoist premium for about two years now. I started by using the software in an attempt to remind myself to complete one-time and routine basic tasks. I have since brought my wife on-board as a premium member for some work and career goals we have. I have also convinced my boss to sign-up for premium so we can share tasks. Prior to using Todoist, these tasks were getting buried and lost in email.

Pros: It is very helpful to be able to review completed tasks and to comment on them. This way, a task is not recreated with the thought that it never happened (particularly when assigning a task to another user). I also like the plain English input, such as assigning a task for "every Sunday." I've also studied some of David Allen's Getting Things Done, and Todoist can be used to follow this method. Last but not least, Todoist is supported on every device I own, which is a big plus.

Cons: There is nothing that I can think of that I don't like. I have tried a few other solutions in the past, but this one stands above the rest.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-25
Nicole T.
Nicole T.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-14

"Excellent Ongoing To Do List - If you keep up with it"

Comments: Helped keep track of tasks when pen/paper wasn't convenient or viable across multiple teams and locations. Keeps you on task and gives you the little satisfaction of checking off something from your list. Keeps you focused on what you need to do rather than what others think you need to do, no more distractions!

Pros: Easy program with not a lot hidden under the surface - consider it your online notepad. Great for coming in and writing down everything you need to do, allows you to organize it by team, who is responsible, timeline, and a progress/series of tasks for more complicated jobs. You can connect multiple teams to accounts to see shared tasks, or create private lists for your eyes only. Has some gameification features built in to encourage regular use especially in a team environment - awards for completing multiple days of tasks, etc.

Cons: If you are a procrastinator, this might not be the program for you! If you don't regularly use the program and build it into your routine, be prepared to be overwhelmed with daily notification about how many tasks you need to do today, and how far you are behind! Can be a little overwhelming when things get busy and timelines fall behind, but to an experienced multi-tasker, this might alleviate forgetting some of those mundane tasks. Completely depends on who you are.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-14