15 years helping Canadian businesses

Canada Local product

TapMango Reviews

4.8 (163) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About TapMango

TapMango is a fully branded loyalty, Online Ordering, Mobile Ordering solution for retailers and restaurants

Learn more about TapMango

Pros:

Biggest reason why I went with Tapmango was users were able to self-checkin. It has a basic integration with square calculating rewards for my staff.

Cons:

However, it is not intuitive to the user and overwhelming and sometimes frustrating.

TapMango ratings

4.6
4.8
4.7
4.6

9.1/10

TapMango has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 163 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TapMango before?

Natalia
Natalia
Founder in US
Retail, Self Employed

Highly Recommended

Comments: They have been amazing to work with from their initial sales approach to their constant customer service through this process. I am looking forward to working with them as my business grows and ages and hope that once we are fully set up (I have been using the program for 3 months), I won't have to rely so heavily on their support team and my customer loyalty initiative can mostly run itself so that I can focus on other parts of my business.

Pros:

I have a retail boutique where I use Lightspeed as my Point of Sale system. After reviewing customer loyalty programs that integrate well with Lightspeed, I was very pleased to come across Tap Mango. Aside from their easy integration, I really appreciated their re-targeting capabilities, customer recognition and rewards, and their check-in system. I wanted a program that was very inclusive and gave me the ability to enhance my customer loyalty through a one-stop platform. Since using the program, I have been able to develop e-blasts to promote new arrivals and sales, strengthen my customer communication and engagement, and track customers who visit/purchase. Upon recently, I am delving into understanding the analytics that the platform provides. Overall, my strongest pro of utilizing this software is the customer support that I have received from my account manager . He has been a great support is helping me understand the capabilities and process of the software, and has truly worked to set up my requests in a way that the system can automate my re-targeting initiatives as easily as possible. He seems to really care about how the program enhances my business' growth and has been readily available at all times.

Cons:

The most significant con that I have of the software is the usability. As I mentioned before, my account manager has played an integral role in my ability to use and understand the software, however, if it wasn't for his direction and dedication I wouldn't really know how to use the program the way that it would be most beneficial for my business. I have needed to rely heavily on to get me set up. For example, it was tough for me to create an email template that was branded in the way that I needed it to be for my business. Their design team created the template for me that I am now very happy with, however, it would have been impossible for me to know how to do it on my own. A second con is their reporting and analytic system. I know that they are working to improve it, and I am currently working with acc manager to develop a work around to better understand my customer analytics. While it is definitely possible to pull comprehensive reports, but the program itself could use a better design to understand your analytics.

TapMango Response

5 years ago

Thanks for the glowing review, Natalia! We appreciate all the feedback as it helps us identify areas where we need to improve. Since you mentioned you were having trouble with the usability of our email builder, I'm pleased to inform you that we are currently working on an enhanced email designer that is much more user-friendly. This improved tool will be launched very soon and your account manager will let you know as soon as it's ready. Thanks again for your feedback and for your business with us!

Paula
Manager in Canada
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

The most amazing reward program for business

Comments: MY overall experience is awesome as my customers absolutely loves this product. Thank you TapMango for helping me look and be great to my customers.

Pros:

I like the ease in which all are able to use the Tablet. I also like the fact that it does the job in following up and reaching out to my customers. Great customer relation

Cons:

I honestly have nothing I like least about the software. I can say it was a well constructed and thought about product from the developer to their customers.

Sebastian
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Punch cards have better ROI and engagement in small businesses

Comments: It was a great sales experience. Sales team know their app up and down. Great customer service at the first phases.
Then I was pretty much left on my own. Everytime I reached out for help on getting campaigns, the ball was put in my court. I know Fivestars reps help with campaigns. I wished I had gone with them.

Pros:

1-Biggest reason why I went with Tapmango was users were able to self-checkin 2. it has a basic integration with square calculating rewards for my staff

Cons:

1. Customer facing tablet is not intuitive to customers. I reached out to complain to support and the response was blaming my customers. (101 - UX never blames the customer, but in this case the customer was blamed) 2. Gift card redeemption is full of bugs. I've had customers walk in the day after I sold them a gift card and the balance was showing $0 dollars. I reloaded the gift card with the balance of the previous day and it then showed double the balance. Aweful experience for me as a business owner and operator when i have to try to explain myself to my customers. 3. Not much support from SMS campaigns. I was told on day one that tapmango was an expert in the coffee shop industry and they would help me get the money out of the program. I have not gotten much help other than trying to push me to get customers to come for the free products. QUICK TIP: ANYONE CAN INCREASE LOYALTY USAGE IF YOU GIVE PRODUCT FOR FREE 4. Customers don't have to opt in through a text message. As a result, I have found that most customers give fake numbers. I've gotten a couple of complaints from people who are not even in my state, plus I've seen a bunch of bounce number (there is a reason, fake numbers) 5. Too many bugs to know what is going on. I had a customer register and once his profile was open, the customer had over $50 dollars in rewards. That was one that I noticed, I am not sure how many times that has happened and I haven't just notice. Support said everything looked good

Dave
Director of Marketing in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Outstanding Product for Restaurants, Built to Scale

Comments: Overall, Tapmango has been a great asset for my business. We launched our restaurant in February 2020, and due to the ease of signing up new customers, within our first month we had over 500 people in our program with over 50 app downloads. These are awesome numbers for a new business, no matter what industry you're in. Also, the support has been amazing, whether it's one-on-one calls or emails with my Customer Success Manager or live chat with Customer Support, I can rest assure that my issue will be resolved asap. I would recommend Tapmango to any restaurant owner looking to improve their bottom line, increase loyalty, build an ecosystem, and boost their technology arsenal.

Pros:

For my business, these are the features that have been most impactful: 1. White-label App: Tapmango gave us the ability to have a mobile app for both iOS and android branded to our business from day one. Plus with mobile-ordering functionality for customers to order ahead, as a new business this is the most rewarding feature, as having our own app built with these same items would have cost thousands. 2. Ease of sign-up: With the in-store tablet, its super easy to introduce the program to customers and have them sign-up on the spot. All they need to do is input their phone number, check two boxes (terms of service, agree to receive SMS communications) and that's it. They can start building points from their first purchase. Plus, customers can also join the program via text, online forms or smartphone. 3. Marketing capabilities: With our business just being a little over a month old at the writing of this review, we have yet to realize the full potential of Tapmango. However, based on the features we've used to date and the ones [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Customer Success Manager) has shown me in training, the sky's the limit when it comes to what is available. SMS messaging, push notifications, emails, vouchers, discounts, instant win (similar to a raffle), mobile ordering with live order updates, friend referral, birthday offers, customer segmentation based on items bought/number of visits/spend/mode of sign-up/etc., program tiers (for e.g. gold, silver, bronze) and so much more.

Cons:

I believe the UI and overall look of the admin dashboard can be improved. It looks a bit dated on the backend and can be difficult to understand for first timers. However, with my Customer Success Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I've been able to learn about the different tools and features at my disposal and if I'm not sure about something, he's always helpful.

Michelle
owner in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Tap Mange Review

Comments: Happy we switched.

Pros:

We are able to rewards customers by visit and by dollars spent. People easily sign in and get their rewards information, etc while ate check out. App works nicely. Our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great!

Cons:

Customer interface does not show what VIP level they are a member of. Email template doesn't seem to be very customizable. Extra steps to create specialty groups or add customer while at the checkout. Doesn't integrate with our POS system so adds extra steps.

CEO in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Amazing! Helps me promote growth within my business!

Comments: Customer service has always been sapaticular. Ive been really happy with the tech help.

Pros:

The new development Tapmango has implemented over the last 6-8 months has been amazing. I'm super happy with all the features like review boost and ordering via app.

Cons:

I signed up with Tapmango being told they were working on integration with Lightspeed Ecom. I'm pretty bummed and disappointed that they have decided 2 years later not to do so after ive already worked so hard building out my loyalty program.

Stewart
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic loyalty program with custom app, online ordering, and more

Comments: We and our customers love it. They love to collect the points and use them for drinks. We love being able to contact them with special deals to get them to come back in

Pros:

Loyalty program, The custom app, Online ordering, Text campaigns

Cons:

Sometimes a campaign is missing something specific. But generally I can work around it.

Benjamin
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

Over all great product, but the customer service team is the real value behind this product.

Comments: Overall I have noticed an increase in my business mostly with return customers. The support staff is always prompt and on top of things.

Pros:

I really like the customization of the software and the ease of use.

Cons:

sometimes the tablet is glitchy and doesn't connect to the internet

Jose Rafael
Jose Rafael
Asistente administrativode distribución de GLP in Venezuela

A very interesting software that allows you to organize your client portfolio

Comments: Tapmango is a software that revolutionized our interaction with customers and investors. Loyalty is a commendable value that must be maintained with much effort, permanently seducing users and customers, and Tapmango has made it a reality, keeping the customer captive of our new products.

Pros:

Tapmango, has revolutionized the management of clients in my workplace and reasons have ample: - Creation of customer loyalty program through promotions, new products, new shipments and nationwide distribution form. - Develops a detailed program based on the customer experience with our GLI products and new investors. - It is quite customizable, creating a more efficient categorization of our clients.

Cons:

I thought that at the time of making the initial configuration of the software, it was a bit tedious and we took too long, however, that we have been solving progressively while we familiarize ourselves with the software

Jenna
Jenna
Tobacco, 11–50 Employees

TapMango is the way to go

Pros:

I like the ease of use in setting up and adding new features, it's quite intuitive. The team is fantastic and always willing to help find a solution and has even gone so far as to implement new features for us. Love the multiple methods of rewarding customers and the various ways of staying in touch with our customers.

Cons:

TapMango is a little on the pricier side compared to other softwares but it has great features and a wonderful team.

Erica
Sales Associate in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Our old pad was having issues and we recently received a new pad.

Comments: Customer service is top-notch. We love the online chat service (Chris has been especially helpful to us via online chat), and we are frequently contacted by phone to make sure everything is working well.

Pros:

The pairing between the tablet and the computer; the customer UI on the tablet; the tablet base that switches between customer and administrative UI depending on which way the tablet is flipped; customer privacy is maintained well - we switched from using fivestars for our loyalty program because fivestars shared customer emails without our knowledge or consent;

Cons:

Customers are frequently put off by the amount of information that is required to enter the rewards program; the fact that the customer UI tells a customer that their phone number is "incorrect" if they choose not to enter a cell phone number. It would be preferable if the system prompted the customer to change their number once, and then on future log-ins just went straight to the normal customer page. Many customers are frustrated or confused by being prompted to change their number every time they log-in. The birthday requirement also puts customers off - it would be helpful if the sign-up page mentioned the birthday discount. When entering points as the administrator, if the wrong number of points is entered each digit must be deleted using the "delete" button, even on the computer. It would be better if on the PC the numbers could be highlighted and then deleted witht he "delete" key.

Michael J.
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Great Service, wonderful customer service at a valued price!!

Comments: This system is a breeze. Great customer service, fully customizable for your business needs. If you have any ideas the customer service team will help you make them a reality. Tapmango is a must to stay competitive in the every growing business world. Don’t waste anymore time you won’t regret it

Pros:

Fully customizable around your business needs. This is a great CRM software designed to get your customers back through the door. Take away the guess work and know your return. Customer service is super friendly and always available.

Cons:

Nothing bad to say. Everything works as intended...

Jeff
President/Owner/General Manager in US
Veterinary Software, 2–10 Employees

Great Loyalty Rewards Program

Comments: While the manager of the Memphis Franchise, having used Five Star, we were looking for a different more cost-effective solution and found Tap Mango. The solution is very easy to use, the cost for us is extremely affordable and the Customer Service and support from the Account manager on down is second to none. I have recommended Tap mango to many of my fellow franchisees, and implemented it immediately upon purchasing the Nashville franchise! I cannot say enough for all they do for us!

Pros:

Ease of use, and low cost

Cons:

I cannot think of anything

alejandro
Manager in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

We took a shot!

Comments: When choosing something important as a loyalty app. We'd scoured the internet and tech conferences. From day one of using TapMango we knew the possibilities. In the rare chance customer service was needed. There was an agent a couch or call away.

Pros:

For me and my wife it came down to ease of use. We'd researched some of the others, even had the chance to test run others in Dallas. But we kept going back to Tap.

Cons:

I'm not saying that I'm right. Or this is a justified con but I wish the interface was a bit cleaner. Form and function is great. But I'd like to see a more stylized approach.

Jerry
Veterinary Software, 51–200 Employees

The Best Add-On Service We've Used

Comments: We had been using another client loyalty app for our business when we learned of Tap Mango. Once we compared the two, Tap Mango offered many more features that we wanted at a better price. We haven't looked back since the day we rolled out the service to our clients. Now we use it for Rewards, Communication, and Pre-Paid Services (via the Vouchers). As new features are added so are our ways to use the program.

Pros:

Ease of use for clients

Cons:

Sometimes organizing Campaigns can get confusing.

Lisa
Marketing Designer in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Great Rewards Program!

Comments: Personally, I have enjoyed learning the software and developing a deeper understanding of how the integration works. For our business, we have seen a marked improvement in revenue since starting the program. The customers love it too! I have especially enjoyed working with the tech support department, most prominently [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I'm super-excited that I will get to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as an account rep.

Pros:

The ability to customize it to our needs. We are always trying new approaches to our rewards to find out what works. It also allows me to go back and analyze a campaign to see how viable it was.

Cons:

I would like more control over what the customer sees on the app and the tablet

Ajay
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

the best loyalty software

Comments: it has been great! i own a juice shop called Salubrious Juice & More and we grew with this software. I love the ease of use and how much I can customize anything i want.

Pros:

easy of use and how much you can do with this.

Cons:

I am not sure if there is anything i do not like about it.

Christine
Managing Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Superior Support

Comments: I've been using TapMango since last Spring 2016 and I love these guys! Anytime I have a question they are quick to respond either by phone or online chat. The support team is very proactive and follows up with me regularly to help me get the most out of their services. I was using another rewards company before and I am so much happier with the TapMango experience!

Pros:

Integration with Lightspeed, Customer focused, multiple features, gift cards, referral tracking

Cons:

I would prefer a tablet that doesn't require flipping to access admin screen. Our POS set up is more inline with customers instead of across a countertop so the flipping isn't really necessary for our particular set up.

Director in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic customer service

Comments: Customer service has been excellent. Our dedicated manager is fantastic he has helped us every step of the way in setting up the system and has continued to advise us regularly

Pros:

We originally choose tap mango due to it being the only loyalty scheme that integrates with square POS we have been able to increase our turnover substantially specially during the difficult times experienced caused by Covid. We have also been able to use the system to track and trace.

Cons:

Very hard to find fault with tapmango as it has been such a positive experience for us.

Dale
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Amazing! The software is quick, performs as it should and the developers/tech support are amazing!

Comments: Definitely customer retention and bringing new customers into our shop. TapMango has certainly contributed to our growth!

Pros:

It's really great software, the uptime is fantastic and it definitely has contributed to our growth as a company, no question there. In addition, the team and developers are fantastic to deal with. Most companies if you make a suggestion, they'll most likely ignore it. NOT TapMango, they will not hesitate to tweak settings or even customize features to fit exactly what you need. In addition, they're always prompt to fix an issue.

Fatemeh
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

The best rewards program we have had!

Pros:

This program is very easy to use and our customers are very happy with it, customer service is wonderful and I am really thankful for their support especially during COVID-19.

Cons:

I am not an expertises in computer program, but didn’t have any serious problem with log in and the portal is very easy to use and customer service is great !

Vanessa
Veterinary Software, 11–50 Employees

Decent Loyalty Program

Comments: TapMango has helped us maintain our loyalty program with different types of promotions. We really enjoy the easy to use interface and great customer service

Pros:

We use TapMango as our loyalty program because out current CRM does not have one with a lot of features. Our clients found it pretty easy to use, which is great! The support staff is always really helpful when we have any questions

Cons:

I wish I could integrate this into my current CRM, but I think that's more of an issue on my CRM's side than TapMango. I really have no complaints

Tim
Owner in US

Easy to explain and not an irritating distraction from the flow of business

Pros:

The sharp attractive tablet with appealing graphics and the easy way to explain how to use it. Also, customers love the chance to win something on it.

Cons:

It's not networked to our POS so sales are automatically registered to the customer. Customers routinely put the card too close to the screen. Just a little annoying, nothing big.

Matthew
Dog Grooming Shop Owner in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

100% Satisfied with how the program works for our clients and the support we get using it!

Comments: Our clients love the program and are excited to scan in when they visit our Dog Grooming Salon and they feel they are getting a lot more now with our services. Easy to use, easy to set up and add or change deals and incentives when ever we like.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to add promotions and incentives. This has been such an amazing addition to our Dog Grooming Salon and our clients love the different options they can choose when saving and earning points. The key tags are nice, convenient and so simple to scan. Easy and great way for advertising on Facebook when our clients login using the tablet provided and adding pictures, comments to their profile about our services. The TapMango staff have been supportive with all my questions and help with everything from set up to support when ever I have any questions about anything to do with software or use.

Nicholas
Head of IT in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Excellent Product Excellent Team Flexible Pricing

Pros:

The dashboard is fairly self-explanatory, and the UI is intuitive to navigate. Most importantly, able to capture customer data in detail to run personalized campaigns or promotions. TapMango works internationally which comes in handle as we expand futher.

Cons:

No direct integration to Revel POS but this is temporary, TapMango is working on the integration.