Filter by:

• Overall

About Join It

Used by organizations to manage their memberships, integrate their other SaaS platforms, & automate their critical tasks.

Learn more about Join It

Sacha R.
Founder & Chairman in U.K.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

These JoinIt Folks Thought of Everything

5 6 months ago

Comments: I now know of only 2 membership management companies - JoinIt and Others. I am struggling to name what it didn't solve. I'm normally reserved on reviews but this one deserves a bit more than my normal polite comments. Exceptional experience.

Pros:

Incredible simplicity, versatile application across all my services , the digital membership card is what brought me to them and then l found membership management paradise . Best in class for flexibility. 6 stars in my book. You guys are not visible enough, though. It took me 2 months to find you and yet, you are the best thing on the market without the pizzaz. That offline payment toggle is a gem, it fixed my headache for African countries that don't have credit /debit cards. I was contemplating going part manual for offline registration then you cured that by actually allowing me to use joinit as a registration and prospecting tool. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team, you guys are geniuses. You actually did think of everything and if it's not yet there, I'm sure you are already thinking it

Cons:

Paypal is a necessary evil. You could add that if you can.šŸ˜” WhatsApp and telegram integration is a must. I want to see just my brand on my links. Although the effect is minimal, the joinit branding tends to make us look like we are using a freebie. Although i already forgave you for it because you got everything else right. Any chance there will be an offline USSD link to cater for Africa's Wi-Fi-less citizens who would end up spending more than their subscription payment just to register themselves? I know it's there, it's completely whatsapp or SMS based. It would be nice to have that too

Alternatives Considered: Chargebee, Quiver and Stripe

Reasons for Choosing Join It: PayKickstart didn't have time membership layers that I needed. I needed ti add whole families under one subscription due to the nature of my service business. With PayKickstart I would have had to ask subscribers to register multiple accounts with different email addresses just to add they offspring and spouses!

Switched From: PayKickstart

Reasons for Switching to Join It: JoinIt stood head and shoulders above all. They are a human centric solution for struggling startups and ambitious boomers, entrepreneur wannabes and professional, but still it gave me a chance to boast a world class subscription software of high quality at a very low price . Highly intuitive software. Great customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. 10 stars all the way

John S.
President in U.S.
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees

Join It, less is much more

5 last year

Comments: Cost of implementation was very low. No outside consultants needed, no staff hours wasted in endless training. JoinIt was simply the best experience we have ever has ramping up new software.

Pros:

This is my second try at software to manage our radio station membership. Our first try was a very popular package that required an outside consultant to ramp up. In the end we made mistakes that cost us members. With JoinIt we were running at 100% in 2 days. JoinIt is simple, powerful and stable.

Cons:

Part of the price you pay for being easy to use is not including every little tool you might never need. If JoinIt continues to fine tune their software will core improvements we will never switch.

Aaron C.
Office Manager in U.S.
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Most intuitive membership platform on the market

5 10 months ago

Pros:

Incredibly easy to use and set-up, with a friendly and fast support team too for bouncing questions off of. The membership database is super customizable, which is perfect for our needs as a museum. We can export data using tons of filter options, like specific membership types or date ranges of join/expiration. Also amazing integration with Eventbrite! This offers us a way to provide discounted and free tickets to members, offer different perks amount different membership levels, and track all of their discount usage in one place, while creating a seamless and simple experience for the member when checking out on Eventbrite.

Cons:

No gift membership option, which we would LOVE to see added in the future. Also would like to see the digital membership cards be expanded to be able to include multiple logos, such as logos of other institutions we have partnerships or reciprocity with, as well as a space for text on the back of the card to provide hours, contact information and our current exhibitions like Cuseum offers.

9 months ago

Thank you so much for the kind words, Aaron!

Bruce J.
Membership Director in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Right price for the features we actually use. Very easy and user-friendly interface.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Our organization became more organized and felt more comfortable paying for the direct value that we were receiving.

Pros:

We spent years using another membership management solution -- paying full price when we really only used two or three pieces of the product. We came across Join It through the ticketing and event management platform that we used. The fact that Join It integrated with the web apps that we already were using was a huge plus, e.g. MailChimp and Eventbrite, but the price point is what sold us. Relative to the other options out there, Join It seemed to provide the best value. We've loved it so far!

Cons:

We've encountered one or two bugs as we became power users of their Eventbrite and MailChimp integrations. While the bugs were a source of frustrations temporarily, the team was responsive and helpful in finding a resolution.

4 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Bruce! It's a pleasure working with you.

Tracy D.
Bark Park Membership Cooddinator in U.S.
Recreational Facilities & Services, Self Employed

User Friendly

5 9 months ago

Pros:

It is so easy for members to register, pay and send records without getting confused. Many different people use our site everyday. I needed to call for support and was surprised at how fast the response was, my issue was resolved in a very fast friendly manner.

Cons:

I haven't run into any issues with this software yet, I'm not the one who set it up so I can't speak to that. I do use it everyday and am pleased.

Thomas A.
retired in U.S.
Defense & Space, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Evaluate this One For Sure

5 last year

Comments: Simply put, I couldn't be more pleased.

Pros:

I spent around 2 months doing evaluations of this type of solution. For the size and type group we represent, this is the answer! The User Interface is well organized, and just makes sense! Doesn't contain a lot of features that we won't use. Support is the absolute BEST I encountered. No waiting up to 24 hours for an email response. Their use of the chat "Intercom" solution was immediately responsive.

Cons:

Wish it had an embedded Event Manager. Minor - Arrangement of Custom Fields for the signup form is a bit awkward, but manageable.

Kevin j R.
Executive Director in U.S.
Think Tanks, 2-10 Employees

JoinIt Worth Every Penny

5 last year

Comments: Excellent. There's really no other word for it.

Pros:

JoinIt made it very easy to establish membership levels and then change them as needed. As a new organization we knew we wanted to make an introductory offer to our legacy mailing list, but we weren't sure what the second phase would look like when we opened up to the public. Once we decided we were able to immediately implement the program with incredible ease.

Cons:

It's hard to find a knock against this platform. As the executive director of our organization I'm pretty busy with work in a number of areas and needed something we could rely on which was also intuitive and user-friendly. JoinIt provided all the bells and whistles we needed right away, and right at our fingertips.

last year

Thanks for the kind words, Kevin!

Co-Founder in U.S.

Great support and a killer product. JoinIt really helps our club and our members.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

When our fledgling club was looking for a billing tool to help us sign up members quickly, I found JoinIt during a frantic Google search session. It has been very impressive to see how fast the JoinIt product has grown over the last 15 months that my club has been using their product. It was very easy to get my plans added to the system, connect to Stripe then start taking sign ups. In under 15 minutes we had a page online for folks to join our club.

Cons:

It would be great if the domain integration was more robust. Ideally we could actually use JoinIt to actually be our website, it is just so close. There are a few bugs yet with the Stripe integration, I am very happy to report that the founders do get it sorted out very quickly.

4 years ago

Thank you for the kind words! And for being with us since the beginning! :)

Darrell G.
President in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Very pleased with the platform

5 2 years ago

Comments: While exploring the platform, the customer service was fast and courteous. Clearly, this team has spent a lot of time developing this system that works so well for a non-profit.

Pros:

It totally manages enrolment of new members and is easy to navigate the membership data.

Cons:

Havenā€™t found a con yet. So far, everything works as advertised.

Alternatives Considered: Wild Apricot

Reasons for Switching to Join It: We found the price point more reasonable for our purposes, and liked the platform better.

2 years ago

Thank you for the very kind review, Darrell! Working with Organizations like Help Alberta Wildies is why Join It exists! :)

Shelley H.
Board of Directors in U.S.
Political Organization, 11-50 Employees

Very impressed

5 7 months ago

Comments: We are still using the free trial, but our evaluation is almost complete. The team at Join IT has been super helpful whenever we had questions and helped us figure out how to handle some of our more complex situations.

Pros:

Ease of use, flexibility, excellent customer support.

Cons:

A few workarounds had to be made to accommodate our needs but the system is flexible enough that we were able to do what we needed to do.

Philip G.
Board Member in U.S.
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees

Great program for Non-profit organization

5 2 years ago

Pros:

We are a small nonprofit with limited budget and no in house computer person. I'm a retired doctor and volunteered to try the program. It is simple to set up, flexible enough for our needs, and it synchs with MailChimp, QuickBooks, EventBrite as well as our website. Most important, however, is the incredibly excellent customer service available via chat. I can ask dumb questions and they're answered promptly. There has been much hand holding (from a distance), but I've got it doing what we've wanted to do for several years - have a members' data in a full functioning database that allows us to keep track of memberships, automates renewals, automates accounting, and streamlines our volunteering activities.

Cons:

Some features, like a hard coded link to our web page, can not be removed from standard templates.

2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Philip! It's a pleasure working with you!

Brian G.
Membership Secretary in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Good but takes some getting used to

4 5 months ago

Comments: Very useful once you figure out its quirks.

Pros:

Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons:

Sometimes itā€™s not very intuitive. Also, when searching the database you have to reset the parameters every time. Makes it very time consuming Itā€™s not very adaptable. Users write in about desired updates and features but JoinIt takes a long time to implement them, if at all.

Alternatives Considered: Peach

Reasons for Switching to Join It: Price and features

Maha R.
Network & Database Moderator in Jordan
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees

An online Membership database replaces an internal standalone one

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have no comments.

Pros:

Join It online is really amazing and has a proper size; it's not huge and easy to try! It is comfortable to use instead of my internal old database at office. I'm trying to test it more than two months. Its so different between the old and this one! I would love to support you with any ideas. I hope you will develop and enhance the system even more. Its good that there are Arabic and English fonts. Of course thank you very much for supporting non-profits organization :-)

Cons:

1. JOD currency is not available, I wish to add it as an option in order to support the processing of membership due in different currencies in the world. Because we are in Jordan and working at RSCN since 1966, and we are required to offer our membership online. 2. There is no an interface to allow us to design and edit the pages. we hope to develop it with your help.

Jos J.
Proprietor in Australia
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, Self Employed

Super helpful and friendly

5 last year

Pros:

So far this product has proved to be very efficient, the team behind the software, very accommodating and friendly, and fast to help when needed.

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like about this software.

last year

Glad we could help, Jos! :)

Carl B.
CEO in U.S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Excellent program

5 2 years ago

Comments: Easy to set up a membership site!

Pros:

Cost, ease of use, functionality, accessibility.

Cons:

Sorry, it has been great, thanks to their help.

2 years ago

It's been a pleasure working with you, Carl! Welcome aboard! :)

Ewen N.
Owner/Director in U.S.

Excellent software for collecting payments, organizing and tracking members

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Made it very easy for us to track and collect payments from our Annual Members. We were using PayPal to collect monthly payments but the ability to track members was lacking there so we switched to Join it.

4 years ago

It's been a pleasure supporting you, Ewen! Congrats on the continued success of Revolution Running!

Gail H.
Club Membership Officer and Historian in New Zealand
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Free Trial

3 11 months ago

Comments: Club membership of a voluntary organisation is always a problem. I'm looking for some way to consolidate all the bits and pieces various members are storing. With this programme I think I will be able to do it. The Support service is excellent and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very patient with my queries!! I will write a further review when I've had a bit more time with it!

Pros:

It seems to have the features I am going to need, but as I am still trialling it I can't really give a full evaluation.

Cons:

Haven't yet had a chance to try all the features.

Greg M.
Technologist in U.S.
Sports, 2-10 Employees

Good product on it's way to a great product

5 11 months ago

Comments: Love this company! They have been very helpful with problems and giving me ideas for implementation in our organization.

Pros:

This software is very easy to use. It's not as feature packed as some software, but, it's very useful and features are being added as time goes on.

Cons:

Lack of reports. This is a problem with a lot of online software

Jim B.
Executive Director in U.S.
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Saved!

4 2 years ago

Pros:

After a horrid launch with a competitive product, I switched to JoinIt and was up and running in 1 day. No hassles, no excuses, just progress and support. Sent my data, they notified me of errors, we fixed them and BAM! it was done. Taking on new members within the hour.

Cons:

I'll let you know. Would rather have not paid out 12 months up front.

2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Jim! We're thrilled that we were able to get you up and running so quickly! :)

Sharon B.
Director in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Using Join It to Manage Memberships in Nonprofit Organization

5 9 months ago

Comments: Overall, we are very pleased with our Join It experience.

Pros:

The membership renewal feature (automatic emails) is very effective and saves time. The merge memberships feature is very useful!

Cons:

Inputting offline payments (e.g., from checks or cash) took a bit of time (and trial and error) to understand. But after we entered several and corrected some of our mistakes, we understood how all of the fields worked, and it made sense.

9 months ago

Thank you for the kind words, Sharon! It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and the Friends of the Georgetown Animal Shelter! We love supporting incredible causes, so it's absolutely our pleasure. :)

Mary G.
Mary G.
Manager, Grants & Arts Education in U.S.

Membership Made Easy

5 3 years ago

Comments: It was so exciting to see the first renewal payment come in, from a reminder notice, and the person even upgraded their membership! Reminders are something I didnā€™t have time for and the software has made this automatic. I also have to say that the customer service is incredible, even on the free version. The tech support staff get back to you quickly with thoughtful and detailed advice for whatever problem youā€™re experiencing, and tailor it to your situation. This is really surprising for a free product.

Pros:

Iā€™m volunteering for a tiny nonprofit, and love how easy Joinit is to learn and use, even with the very limited time I have for volunteering. I also really like the attractive layout. Both differentiated it from the other programs I looked at, which were clunky/unattractive and seemed complicated to onboard. I love that I can set up a varied membership structure (ours is pretty complex) that allows our members lots of options.

Cons:

I think the address should be an available field in the free version. (You can import/export addresses, but not edit them on screen.) Itā€™s a standard field all membership organizations use, and collected at the point of sale. However, the pricing is reasonable enough that I am optimistic that new memberships will soon make the paid version pay for itself.

3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Mary! It's a pleasure serving your organization!

William S.
Founder in U.S.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Great Membership Management Software

5 2 years ago

Comments: Provides an easy solution for managing Membership and handling all of our events using Eventbrite

Pros:

Easy to use. Eventbrite Integration is very well done and allows us to set up multiple membership discounts for our Events.

Cons:

The product seems to do everything we need very easily. Can not think of any shortcomings.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for the kind words, William! We look forward to working with you! :)

Gil P.
Gil P.
CEO in U.S.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Good Program

5 9 months ago

Comments: Great experience with the trial program and very responsive support!

Pros:

Easy to set up and good,prompt help from support

Cons:

Could not customoze profile field to include a unique hyperlink. That's very important to us.

9 months ago

Thank you for the kind words, Gil!

Kate S.
Communications Director in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Just started and already love it

5 2 years ago

Comments: We've been tracking our members in spreadsheets, notebooks, homemade access databases for years. Such a pain! We recently revamped our website and started using Eventbrite, which integrates with Join It. SUCH a difference in member management. The automation and renewal features are amazing! Certainly making my life easier.

Pros:

Automation features and renewal reminders

Cons:

Had to open a Stripe account instead oof using paypal

2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Kate! It's a pleasure working with you and the Brightside Up community! We look forward to supporting you!

John H.
Principal Software Engineer in U.S.
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Great Tool to Manage our Young Professional Membership Group

5 3 years ago

Comments: Amazing support has kept our group with Join.it!

Pros:

Great support Deep set of integrations/automations In depth customizations for each feature/function/automation

Cons:

Software could use some more advanced reporting.

3 years ago

Much appreciated, John! It's a pleasure supporting you. :)