15 years helping Canadian businesses

QuickBooks Time Reviews

4.7 (6,749) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Time

Schedule jobs, coordinate teams, track time and track projects, all in one place.

Learn more about QuickBooks Time

Pros:

What I like most about this software is it makes all of your clock-in and clock-out times so easy to use and easy to find.

Cons:

Sometimes, my time clock can lag behind a few seconds or miss when I clock in/out due to slowness of the software.

QuickBooks Time ratings

4.6
4.8
4.5
4.6

9.1/10

QuickBooks Time has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 6,749 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Time before?

Filter reviews (6,748)

Rachel Anne
Rachel Anne
HR in United Arab Emirates
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Time and Effective HR tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It is an effective HR tool especially when tracking the attendance of staffs

Cons:

Some people are unaware of how life can be easy with using QuickBooks Time

Maria
Veterinary tech and receptionist in US
Veterinary Software, 51–200 Employees

Quickbooks Time March 2024

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The ability to see who else is scheduled and who is currently clocked in.

Cons:

I have yet to find a problem with the program

Susan
Accounts Receivable and Payable in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

QB Time: Please reconsider

2.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

This is a simple system if you're managing a small group of staff. It is evident that any volume in excess of 50 staff members should not be managed through QB Times.

Cons:

With a higher volume of staff, and managing varying disciplines, there's too many limitations on QB time to manage staff effectively. QB Time needs to streamline the filters and groupings because with all breakdowns, that include additional filter breakdowns, it's easy to get caught in the weeds using this software. This opens up opportunity for billing service hours incorrectly. The addition of the random "unresolved" bugs that come up further justifies why we switched from this software.

Musa
Human Resources Management in Nigeria
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

REVIEW ON THE EFICIENCY OF QUICKBOOKS TIME

Comments: Quickbooks is an essential tool for businesses as it allows for easy use in time tracking, clocking in and out of members of staff and it is also an efficient tool for payroll management.

Pros:

I like the fact that the software uses customizable reports, thereby allowing me to have insight into my team's productivity and working hours. It also offers an easy user-friendly interface for time management, work work-tracking report creation.

Cons:

Poor customer support, I feel they can do more to improve on that.

Cynthia
Community Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great for Users AND Managers

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Have zero complaints. My favorite feature is the ability to go back and enter time based on my Google Timeline activity, as data coverage can be spotty, thus making the clock-in and out feature glitchy. This is not the fault of the developer - it's a data issue.

Pros:

The UI is so intuitive, and mistakes in time tracking can be fixed by the employee up until the entries are approved on payday.

Cons:

It can get glitchy if you dip in and out of good data coverage areas, esp if you use the clock in and clock out feature

Rachel
Bookkeeper in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

An easy to use Tracking Software, fully integrated with QBO

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I enjoy this app and thinks it's better than most just because it is already connected to my QBO.

Pros:

I enjoy using this app because it automatically links all of my clients as soon as I add one in QBO. I work on specific clients and am able to switch between them. It also remembers my most used projects and keeps them at the top for easier log-ins.

Cons:

The buttons don't always work, and it can be hard to edit time. Sometimes I have to do the log-in or switching of clients twice, and editing time doesn't always work right away.

Mike
Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

We love Our QuickBooks

5.0 last month New

Comments: We have use QuickBooks for two different business and love it. we us it for over 10 years now and is the only product we wild use.

Pros:

It is fast and easy to use. we use our QuickBooks everyday.

Cons:

The least we like about QuickBooks is nothing for us it does everything we like it to do.

Wine & Spirits, 5,001–10,000 Employees

QuickBooks Time Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Amongst the things I appreciate about QuickBooks Time is its ease of use, mobile app functionality, and integration with QuickBooks accounting software.

Cons:

A major cons is around Customer support.

Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Game Changer

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like how clocking in and out daily as an employee of a team is easy and efficient.

Cons:

Nothing, everything about Quickbooks Time is good!

Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Time - Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like how easy it tracks hours worked by employees or or projects. Easy integration in to programmes i already use

Cons:

Sometimes software updates can make things worse.

Shelly
Vice President in US
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Set Up Made Easy

Comments: Tsheets has helped me manage my employees schedules, track their time, integrate with quickbooks payroll. This way I don't have to spend time looking at a different time system, printing the pdf document and then entering in the employees time into quickbooks to pay the employee. Also our company always has some employee that "forgot" to punch in or out and I was always having to fix it for them. Tsheets gives me the ability to have them fix it themselves or have another manager edit the time. The app is very user friendly and it seems to work well for my company.

Pros:

The best thing about Tsheets for me is that I can use it with my quickbooks payroll and my employees can track their time and manage their missed clock in & outs themselves. This has really saved me some time during my day to give my employees some responsibility for their timesheets.

Cons:

There is not much I don't like but if I have to pick one it would be the price. I am on the advanced level of quickbooks and use payroll also, and for the price I pay for that I think tsheets should be included as part of my subscription because they work so well together.

Tad
Office Manager/Estimator in US

Solid Platform Excellent Customer Service

Comments: TSheets has been a excellent tool that has provided us with metrics that are invaluable. The customer service has always been very responsive and knowledgeable.

Pros:

Ease of use. Ability to track jobs, tasks and employee location and hours. We are able to run several useful reports on jobs or employees. For any given day you can find out where your employee is as well as what he was doing specifically. The employee can also add notes to their time card.

Cons:

There really aren't many cons. If Tsheets offered a foreman's daily report function , that would be great.

Stuart
Finance Director in UK
Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

Great product

Comments: Only having one add on to QBO to do Time, Mileage and Expenses tracking/submission would be great. Flexibility and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Pros:

Syncing employees and vendors who are subcontractors with QuickBooks Online.

Cons:

Expenses and Mileage tracking using GPS would be great (you're part way there with the GPS for employees). So what I like least is not having these fully developed. Note your link to Expensify Integration "Learn more" in the add on section refers to this page: http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/890430 that does not load so I have no idea how it works. Can you please advise how this works.

Bethany
Office & Project Coordinator in Canada

Great Time Tracking Application

Comments: We would use this application if it was included in our QuickBooks online subscription, however, the cost was just not working for our small business on top of all the other items we have as overhead.

Pros:

Very easy to set up employees and projects in QuickBooks Time. It was also ideal for Project Management Budgeting for Time expenses.

Cons:

Setting up vacation accrual was a nightmare. It never did work correctly for us. It was a bit of a process to get projects to sync with our existing customers in QuickBooks online.

clelland
Owner in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

These ratings I've read are a joke

Comments: Someone must be married to the owner of Quickbooks or slid a bunch of cash to them to get promoted by quickbooks the way they do... Thats some serious business love QB gave TSheets. And Honestly, it's made TSheets lame compared to many other competitors with great models.

Pros:

Basic Simplistic easy to understand Probably the BEST customer support I've come across. As much as I complain... they've got seriously good customer support.

Cons:

Not all jobs are customer based... So, this software is limited right off the bat from any complexity.. you'll have to work around and make it work and fit your needs time sheet editing - It is aweful to just see time worked... maybe when review timesheets... you want to see what was scheduled... late clockins, incomplete shifts, skipped lunch breaks... kinda big deal NO HR DATA- As I said, nothing to track employee issues. Your poor employee performance won't have much info here for you to keep track of. Not an easy way to break a shift because your employee was too lazy to c/in and out No auto stop for shifts- one employee had 4 days until the shift stopped recording time... I wanted to see how long it would keep creating shifts.. 180 hrs and it finally stopped (and I think I accidently closed the shift) Time sheet closure... Broken... not smooth... so many other time sheet companies do this better. No Employee shift exchange mechanism No- Shifts by job not by customer No- Shifts by location or job site Employee reports and to do list ADD - ONS... those are silly. Have the functionality or don't. Add-ons seem like it'll be a charging mechanism... like QB does... so... You can see the coming of "SUBSCRIPTION" based things ... and get nickel and dimed later. Just like QB.

Misty
Manager in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

QB's time (formerly T-sheets)

Comments: Overall it was pleasant and I still recommedn the software to my clients that just need to track their staffs time and are in QB's online.

Pros:

I used to love their customer support when they where T-sheets, they had the frindliest staff. Now it's like any other QB's product and customer service, it lacks that personal touch. I used this for time tracking but I needed software where I could easily compare my employee's timesheets to what projects they billed out for the week to make sure they weren't missing time. It's not the most intuitive time tracking software but it was great for tracking my emlpoyees time.

Cons:

It was hard adding holidays across the board, it would have been nice to be able to pick days my company was closed and apply it across the board to the entire staff. Also, I couldn't easily see what my staff billed versus how much time they worked so I ulitimately ended up choosing another software.

Branden
Branden
Freight Broker/ Account Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501–1,000 Employees

Honest review of Quickbooks and Why in recommend it

Comments: I one hundred percent love it and will recommend it to anybody and everybody

Pros:

The employee features are most useful and what I use the most being able to organize. Everything so easily is the biggest thing for me and I love it

Cons:

It did take me a little bit of time to be able to pick up on it and use it quickly but that may not be everybody's case

Tafadzwa
Director in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

QuickBooks Time Tracking App Review (Pros, Cons)

Comments: I'm very happy with the quality, accuracy, and smooth integration with QuickBooks Online Tsheets, which imported all of my projects (jobs) and allowed me to track time accurately for each job while saving me time.

Pros:

"Excellent customer service, good help line, they accommodate our demands in the office. I personally would advise my friends and relatives to use this site. Users being able to clock in independently while waiting for permissions is a victory for us. "Very easy to use, no diverting to other pages, I believe anyone can use it." Your personnel is well-informed, respectful, cordial, and upbeat at all times. They appear to genuinely care about and enjoy their work. The management is doing everything correctly.

Cons:

Sometimes I couldn't start a new time sheet or clock out. Quickbooks has a few functional issues.

Alex
Operations Manager in US

Formerly T-Sheets, Now Crashing and Burning

Comments: It is our Number 1 company priority right now to identify and fully migrate onto a different, fully-functioning time tracking app that offers customer support.

Pros:

When we started the Time app it was privately owned TSheets. We used it for several years without a problem of any sort, specifically benefitting from the geofencing and seamless integration into Quickbooks Desktop. Scheduling employees and giving them total control of their own time clock while maintaining good oversight was a major positive, and the user interface was very intuitive in an industry where people are notoriously not computer savvy. TSheets had it all.

Cons:

We are in the process of migrating off of Quickbooks Time. After striving for 9 months to fix all of the holes in the app we've realized that glitches and problems are occurring at a quicker pace than we are able to solve them. AUTHENTICATION NIGHTMARES Several Months ago Intuit took over the user login tool without any notice, causing approximately 50% of our 42 employees to be suddenly locked out of their time app. We learned about it at 6am when simultaneously 20 employees contacted management with Time app problems. After a couple of weeks of intensive daily support (and no help from the Time support center) we managed to put MOST of the login issues to bed, but to this day we still have accounts logging out of their mobile app automatically every day. POOR SUPPORT If you're having a technical issue, or God forbid a syncing issue with Quickbooks, grab a beer and kick back because you'll be on the phone for a couple of hours, and likely re-routed to (I kid you not) 7-8 different departments before finally having your call dropped. And no, you may give them a call-back number but they will not call you back when your call is dropped. CLOCKS EMPLOYEES OUT ON ITS OWN/DELETES TIME LOGS Quickbooks Time automatically clocks our employees out, deletes time logs, and at the end of a shift when they go to clock out, shows that they never clocked in for the day. Several employees have reported "I went to clock out and all it shows I clocked in for the day was my lunch break."

Jaydra
President, Investigator in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Was great until Intuit bought it

Comments: QuickBooks time is complete trash. Intuit took a marvelous product (t-sheets) and destroyed it by trying and failing to integrate it into other programs it didn't need to integrate with. Maybe it's better if you begin using QB Time fresh and you didn't have to survive the transition from t-sheets. I wouldn't know and it shouldn't have made such a difference. Utter failure, Intuit. Utter failure.

Pros:

I used to LOVE t-sheets because it was amazing. When it was t-sheets it was simple and did exactly what it needed to do: let you track time for one person or a team to specific projects. It had a wonderful reports feature that let you run reports by client or project or employee for multiple types of time frames. It was glorious. WAS being the operative word. Then Intuit bought it and did what they always do: tried to make it integrate with all their other products. Unfortunately, integrations are the thing Intuit is worst at as a company - and also the thing they just keep trying to do all over the place. Once it was "integrated" with all the other Intuit products it stopped working properly. It tried to merge un-related data from QuickBooks and over-wrote project details and time tracked to those projects. It became unusable so I had to switch.

Cons:

The integrations do not work. Once t-sheets was fully morphed into QB Time and was "integrated" with all the other Intuit products, it stopped working properly. It tried to merge un-related data from QuickBooks and over-wrote project details and time tracked to those projects. It became unusable, so I had to switch. Very disappointing.

geoeges
administrateur in Côte d’Ivoire
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Great software

Comments: I was looking for a billing software that was easy to use and easily accessible while I was on the go. Thanks to Quickbook, I can now do it all from my cell phone. Cheap and affordable, I recommend it to anyone who uses Excel

Pros:

Time Management: QuickBooks Time helps companies track employee hours, making payroll and scheduling easier to manage.Integration with QuickBooks: QuickBooks Time is integrated with QuickBooks, allowing for more efficient accounting and payroll management.Mobile Access: Employees can record their work hours from anywhere via a mobile application, improving flexibility and productivity.Reporting and Analysis: QuickBooks Time provides detailed reports on employee hours and costs, helping businesses make informed decisions about costs and resources.Security: QuickBooks Time uses robust security protocols to protect user data, ensuring the privacy of sensitive information.Ease of use: The platform is intuitive and easy to use, allowing employees to quickly become familiar with its features.Customer support: QuickBooks Time offers dedicated customer support to help users get the most out of the platform.In conclusion, QuickBooks Time is a powerful tool for companies looking to improve time and payroll management. It offers a multitude of benefits to help companies streamline their management and improve productivity.

Cons:

Cost: QuickBooks Time can be expensive for small businesses or freelancers, especially if they need additional functionality.Complexity: The platform can be complex for users unfamiliar with time management software, which can lead to errors and delays.Limited integrations: QuickBooks Time may not offer all the necessary integrations with other software and systems used by an organization, which can limit its use.Reliability issues: There may be reliability issues with the platform, which can lead to errors and delays in time management.Difficulty to use: QuickBooks Time can be difficult to use for people unfamiliar with time management technologies, which can lead to errors and delays.Limited customer support: The platform may not offer dedicated customer support, which can make it difficult to resolve issues.

Cindy
Cindy
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

What a Time Saver!

Comments: It saves me at least four hours per week on payroll, so I can work on other projects. It's also easy, clean, and simple to use. I spend a lot less time asking employees for information they were forgetting to write down.

Pros:

This app has single-handedly reduced our employee-touch payroll tasks by at least 30% in under a week. Onboarding is super simple. We've traditionally balked at using an app for employee time-keeping because they usually overpromise and underdeliver. We have a unique set of problems with payroll because we track employee drive time and work time separately, and we have to compare employee time with GPS locations of our vehicles. This is because we have crews splitting off from each other all of the time, getting in and out of different trucks, working on different jobs for different customers, etc. We piece it all back together in the office based on sometimes incomplete reports, and this is the FIRST time we've ever seen a solution that actually WORKS for all of the little nuances we have. There are six user-created optional tracking fields that we've set up to track per diem, payroll notes, employee notes to the office, the truck the employee was assigned to at the time, etc. We're able to set up unlimited customers and jobs (another problem we've had with TSheets's competitors in the past when we've previously tried to adopt an application). And the best part is the employees love it. Their previous option was to fill in a Google Sheets timesheet or a paper timesheet, both of which were cumbersome for them to keep up with. The TSheets app saves your last inputted job, so they just have to go in and change what's different - they don't have to re-input anything. Wonderful!

Cons:

So far, the only thing that we've stumbled over was a minor inconvenience. You can't batch edit an employee's time entries. Each entry is considered a "time sheet" by itself, so if an employee chooses the wrong job, and we have to fix it, we may have to touch each time entry and open it to edit. It's STILL way faster than manually entering everyone's time. It also pulls directly into QuickBooks, so it eliminates a lot of time we used to spend on data entry to a payroll summary and then again after we've approved that report the data entry into QuickBooks. We've cut payroll down from taking two and a half days to a little more than one work day. We're definitely happy customers, and we've only been using it for three weeks.

Analyst in US
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Time Review CO

Comments: My overall experience with this product will be a good one I would give 4 out of 5 stars

Pros:

The features of Quickbooks Time I like the most were the tracking of time of all the employees, it measured the time of each employee and recorded it, it tracked it down to the second not bypassing any step, it also reported each time stamp. Improve on finance with the force of mechanized time following straightforwardly inside QuickBooks On the web. With QuickBooks Time, you get sufficiently close to strong versatile applications, booking programming, GPS following, extra time checking, adaptable alarms, and constant reports, and that's just the beginning! Representative booking makes it quicker and more straightforward than at any other time to keep your labor force moving along as expected, while QuickBooks Time booth is ideally suited for bosses needing a focal clock-in-and-out arrangement. The best part is that it's QuickBooks Time, so time following and booking work are connected at the hip. QuickBooks Time offers FREE, limitless, grant-winning help by telephone or online visit.

Cons:

I will say it is hard to find something that I don't like about Quickbooks Time, but it has a very long sign-in process which I understand why, for the users of the system it should be a bit more streamlined. The Time Booth feature should have different levels for users and key personnel that could be set up by the administrator.

Carolyn
Chief Move Maker in US
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic Customer Service

Comments: Tsheets has helped me speed up my payroll process (down to about 5 minutes to double check and submit payroll). We use Tsheets project reports to track progress on each job, and invoicing is simple using either Quickbooks or the project reports. Adding Unpaid Time Off to the Scheduling feature has allowed us to retire our shared company google calendar, which we were outgrowing.

Pros:

Besides the speedy and thorough customer service (thank you BD1 et al), I love the fact that Tsheets integrates with Quickbooks desktop. We use the data for both payroll and invoicing, which saves us hours each week. We also just started using Tsheets for scheduling, eliminating yet another piece of software needed.

Cons:

The top item on my wish list is for Tsheets to sync with google calendar quickly. Other than that, there are a few minor features I'm hoping Tsheets will add, such as the ability for a manager to approve a single shift instead of an entire day, which will be great for companies with employees that work for multiple clients.

Kristina
Office Manager in US
Security & Investigations, 2–10 Employees

TSheets Software Review

Comments: This software has been a great tool to not only keep track of employees' time but also to schedule and plan for future jobs. Because of that, I have been able to help save us time and money by properly scheduling our employees for the needed amount of time. My experience has been very positive with TSheets.

Pros:

TSheets is so easy to use. As a manager, I can view and edit all employees' timesheets easily and quickly. There are several functions that make my job so much easier! I use the Jobs feature and Project Report frequently to see how long certain jobs are taking our employees which in turn helps me better schedule for future jobs. The time entry is also accompanied with a GPS which is wonderful to check on arrival time and departure time from jobs. The payroll report is very easy to use and read. It shows me a breakdown of the total hours worked and the overtime worked so I can see where every employee is at.

Cons:

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this software; however, the Time Off function is sometimes a little confusing to my employees. They are unsure of how to add time off. Others just ask for their time off to be added for them which is sometimes confusing to me as well. I would love to see a help video on that function specifically.