• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.8 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Motivosity

Motivosity is an employee engagement platform that helps people be more motivated at work.

Learn more about Motivosity

Angela B.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-05

"Instant employee morale booster"

Comments: I have really enjoyed using Motivosity and sharing it with the team. I think it was a bigger success than anticipated by the exec team, and I'm happy they see what I saw when I first found the software and talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I'm anxious for them to fully use the Lead and Listen modules because that is where the magic truly happens. We've already seen happier employees - the recognition of peers means so much!

Pros: Our employees immediately began letting their co-workers know how much they mean to them, and how appreciative and proud they are of their work. They spent their generosity bucks with no problems and understood how to navigate the site with very little guidance. The integration into Slack made a huge difference as well, and created more use of the software for everyone. Getting the software up and going for the company was very easy and quick. The software is robust and leads our execs to find out the whys and hows of our employees with very little effort - but with very deep and relevant results.

Cons: There are aspects of the software that need more explaining to our management team, and until we can do that, we're relying on our "old" way of doing reviews. We aren't able to pull those forms into Motivosity - yet - but understand that is one of the upgrades that are happening.

by Motivosity on 2021-04-07

Hi Angela, we're so glad that you've enjoyed the way that Motivosity has connected your employees and the ease of integration with other applications. Thanks so much for your review and feedback!

Senior Director of Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-06

"Great ally in promoting employee engagement"

Comments: We are improving communication and morale. It is so easy to use, and their Knowledge Base is so comprehensive that implementation was a breeze. Also, their Account Executive and the Sales Reps. provided close guidance during the entire process. In less than 8 hrs we had 80% of the company on board, and the rest was complete shortly after, due to the different work shifts. Our Team loves it, and the Management team couldn't be happier!

Pros: We are currently using the connect and recognize modules. It has been of great help to have a centralized space for people to connect with each other in the midst of the pandemic. Morale boosters are so needed, and Motivosity provides a great platform for peers and supervisors to recognize their own team members and at all levels of the organization.

Cons: We are exploring upgrading to add the 1:1 and annual review modules, and that could be improved. The obvious changes are in their roadmap but won't be ready until the second half of the year. Once that is done, the capabilities of Motivosity will be even more robust.

by Motivosity on 2021-04-07

Hello and thank you so much for your review and feedback! We're so glad that you've seen better connection and morale in your workspace, even though you may not all be in the same physical space.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-06
Martin B.
Supervisor
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-30

"Motivosity is essential."

Comments: Motivosity is simple, it helps team members show appreciation to each other. Because of that it is essential.

Pros: Simply put, it will only add to the team, use it, trust me and find out for yourself.

Cons: Not a dang thing. I love it. I have never had a problem with the software.
However! People often times will partner up in trading money to buy lunch or something for themselves. This defeats the purpose. I think quotes about kindness and appreciation every time you trade might be a nice and subtle way to help steer people in the right direction when using their motivosity.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-30
Bradon L.
Academic Technologist at CU Online
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-19

"Increase WorkForce Engagment"

Comments: If you have a low employee engagement and want an easy way to increase and motivate your employees look no further.

Pros: I love how Motivosity is an easy to to let employees better understand and recognize your Workforce. This software is an easy way to give your team a voice and allow them to cheer on their co-workers when they shine.

Cons: The simple design makes it easy to use, however it also creates some limits in how you can use it. Really you just have one option and it can't be changed.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-19
Marisa B.
Director of Sales
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-19

"Easy and positive employee engagement"

Comments: Generally - it's a well used, highly adopted software. Saying thank you or recognizing when teammate's work aligns with company values is part of our culture and motivosity supports that.

Pros: Motivosity is easy to use. I like that we can customize it to align with our company mission. I use it weekly to give feedback to co workers outside my day- to -day team. It's a great way to recognize the work they've done, and say thank you in a meaningful way. The reminders about when you last thanked people on your team, birthdays, etc are also helpful to make sure you haven't forgotten to recognize someone.

Cons: I've had to log in on my phone a few times. The experience is good, not great. It's just not optimized for mobile browsers yet, but I still got the job done. That's about all I can think of.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-19
Meredith W.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-17

"Keeps employees engaged and positive"

Comments: So far it’s really created a lot of excitement amongst the staff, it’s created a lot of positive feedback and has really brought the team up to a higher level. Everyone is really loving it.

Pros: It really inspires everyone to recognize their team mates, people really enjoy giving to one another. I love the milestone and birthday gifts that are automated. The surveys and reports are really great too, it’s easy to see where you need improvement and where you are excelling with your team.

Cons: I haven’t experienced any downsides yet, I wish there was a chat feature and more details in each persons profile.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-17
Garrett H.
Jr. Systems Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-11

"A positive platform"

Pros: I really like the positive feeling the platform gives off when I am on it because everyone is giving some type of compliment. I also think of all the thanks I can give to my coworkers, which helps me continue to know I work with amazing people. I'm trying even more to find ways to give a compliment on a daily basis and to those that help make my job simpler when looking for a a solution.

Cons: There is the feature letting you know how long it's been since you've recognized someone in your department, but I think it would be a great thing to have a notification to say this person hasn't been recognized in a while from other departments. Have that for management or for everyone.

by Motivosity on 2020-08-21

Garret, thanks for all the love--we appreciate it and we appreciate you! As for the "who needs to be recognized", honestly that is a great suggestion and something we might even be working on *hint hint nudge nudge. Be on the lookout!!

• Reviewed on 2020-08-11
Joseph S.
Sr. Data Architect
  • Reviewed on 2017-04-19

"Great way to motivate others to help"

Comments: We work for an amazing company that hires amazing people, however sometimes someone goes above and beyond for you and you just want to thank them with some more firepower. Motivosity excels in this area and makes it so easy to show how much you appreciated someones efforts on your behalf. I love this program and it's really helped endear me to my current company, Health Catalyst.

Pros: Ability to give and receive motivosity dollars. I LOVE all the gift card options that Health Catalyst has put in

David W.
Director of Nursing
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-22

"Fantastic Staff Engagement Platform"

Comments: The marketer and those involved in our rollout were exceptional! They were motivated themselves and presented the product for all of us in a way that made our decision easy. It is worth the investment, staff are always worth the investment. It brings patient engagement to the 21st century.

Pros: Everyone loves to be recognized, and this software also comes with an app that makes the process super easy for users. It literally takes a few seconds to pull up a team member or a peer and to say something nice. The company can choose values that match up with the compliment and then the platform provides an awesome way to reward that individual with money pre-loaded as desired by the company. I love that you can comment on what other's are saying and add to the spirit of recognition. It's fun, it's heartwarming and staff love recognizing each other and getting a few kudos themselves.

Cons: n/a, really nothing that I did not like.

by Motivosity on 2021-01-27

Hey David! Thanks so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing about the experience people are having with our platform, so thank you for sharing!

• Reviewed on 2021-01-22
Cj D.
Senior Manager of Implementations
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-04-19

"Motivosity is a fantastic recognition tool"

Comments: Overall, I'm very satisfied with Motivosity. I think it's a great tool and I love how me and my team use it on a daily basis to recognize awesomeness in our organization. It's easy to use and helps us to remind our team members of our company's values. I seldom have team members who don't know all of our values ("COOTIES") as a result. Thank you for building great software!

Pros: Ease-of-use
UX

Cons: Features - I'm sure there's room for more

Jace D.
Personnel Supervisor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-17

"The Review"

Comments: I like Motivosity for the fact it gives me a forum where I can build others up and recognize them for what they do.

Pros: I like the ability to be able to recognize individuals on a regular basis. It also allows others in the company to see uplifting moments and give input. I also like the ability to single out departments to see what's going on in other places.

Cons: I think there could be more information on the how to use certain aspects of the software, It has taken some time to understand what I can fully do with it.

• Reviewed on 2020-07-17
Jess M.
Head Of Training
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-20

"Great way to motivate and recognize employees!"

Comments: Better rapport with our employees and an easy/safe way to offer incentives.

Pros: Motivosity is a very versatile platform that provides all employees with the ability to thank and recognize those around them. We've noticed that it's a great way to offer incentives and help people feel appreciated. Also, there are so many great awards to give from gift cards to donating to charity.

Cons: There aren't a lot of cons. The only issue we've run into is that money has "disappeared". For instance, one morning all our management team's accounts had been drained, but no purchases had been made. Luckily, Motivosity's customer support is great and they were able to fix the issue in less than 24 hours.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-20
Renee S.
Sales Executive
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-25

"Loving it..."

Pros: Being able to engage with my colleagues.

Cons: Nothing! It is user friendly and fun to be able to shout out colleagues for their milestones and accomplishments.

by Motivosity on 2021-01-27

Renee, so glad you've liked using Motivosity to improve your work atmosphere! We love to hear that you're enjoying saying thanks, and we're sure your coworkers love it too!

• Reviewed on 2021-01-25
Vishal D.
Director Finance - SoftwareONE India
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-30

"Motivosity Review"

Comments: I have a ritual to start my day with Motivosity, by posting a "Thank You" note. Based upon my review of my previous days interactions, I decide my note. This tool has helped me develop the habit of looking out for positives in my work life. Thank you Motivosity

Pros: Its a great tool to connect with your team members and fellow employees and see what great is happening around you.

Cons: Lack of flexibility in filter options to set up the system for select departments/functions

• Reviewed on 2019-04-30
Matt P.
Manager, Customer Success Team
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-11

"Love using Motivosity to reward and show appreciation!"

Comments: Motivosity is simple and easy to use, they even have a Slack integration which I'd like to use more frequently.

Pros: Motivosity allows me to show appreciation to everyone on my team (and others outside of my immediate team) when they go above and beyond their role and responsibilities. It's simple and cost-effective, and it's constantly used by our team when asking for favors. Everyone is encouraged to show more gratitude because they are required to give their allotted dollars each month or else they expire. There are tons of options when it comes time to cash out your earned dollars for a reward.

Cons: Only wish we had more $$$ to give each month!

• Reviewed on 2018-10-11
Jessica R.
PSR
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-04

"MOTIVOSITY"

Comments: I like to appreciate my co workers
remind them that the little things in there job is big to others
Also catching up on the events of other site

Pros: The opportunity that we have to appreciate our co workers

Cons: we only get $5, and if we do not give out that $ we loose it at the end of the month

• Reviewed on 2020-02-04
Tyler D.
QC Laboratory Team Leader
Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-20

"Incredible tool for employee recognition and appreciation"

Pros: When first using Motivosity I was impressed by how clean and organized it looked and how easy it was to navigate for a first-time user. In addition to this, what I like most about the software is how effective it is at accomplishing its purpose: it is an incredible tool for employee recognition and appreciation. Motivosity makes it easy to thank your coworkers, and I especially enjoy how it makes the recognition open for everyone to see, not just you or your immediate team. It has been a great way to express thanks to those within the company that I don't often (or even never) get to see.

Cons: I found that I would like it to be a little more clear how much you are giving per employee whenever you are recognizing multiple people at once. It is not evident if the amount you put in is per recognized employee or is to be split between those employees. Also, I would like the ability to schedule when a recognition goes out. Not super far in advance, but maybe a day or so. Sometimes I find that the timing of the appreciation is important, but I would prefer the timing to be somewhat later than when I have the program open and am thinking about appreciating someone for something they are maybe still in the middle of accomploishing.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-20
Britni H.
sales rep
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-16

"Love it!"

Comments: So far people seem to really be enjoying the software. It's nice to see people that are usually very shy, giving shout outs to their peers. It has freed up time and giving senior leaders a much better idea of what is going on in the company.

Pros: It is very satisfying to see people who aren't always in the spotlight, receiving so much appreciation! The fact that senior leadership is able to see what departments are happy, and who might need a little morale boost, is amazing. Before, we had no way of knowing, therefore no way of improving areas that may need it! As a supervisor, I love not only showing my employees appreciation, but letting the entire company know what a great job they are doing. On a personal note, the gift cards are so exciting to be able to choose from!

Cons: I wish there was a "save" button while updating your profile. Anytime someone is updating, if they leave the page for any reason, the partial update shows up on the home page.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-16
Mickey L.
Client Services Manager
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-15

"Fun and Easy!"

Comments: We are a bit proponent of providing feedback to our employees. The old program used required a lot of leg work on the persons part so not as many kudos were given. This system allows employees across to share in the success of their counterparts. It is a positive motivator for management as well as co-worker appreciation.

Pros: I have enjoyed all aspects of this software. It is fun to see what others are doing both in my office as well as in other offices. Being able to acknowledge others achievements is a plus. Everyone like the kudos whether attached to $$ or not. The software is easy to use and creating awards for special moments is a neat option.

Cons: Actually I have not ran across anything to "least" like about the software.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-15
Tyler R.
Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-14

"Motivosity has changed the way I think about simple perks"

Comments: This software helps foster great work environments.

Pros: Motivosity is a great way for employees to give coworkers compensation for good work. It not only helps build relationships but it fosters a positive work environment.

Cons: Overall it is a great software, but like any software, there can be some minor adjustments to ensure ease of use and overall usability through desktop and mobile applications

• Reviewed on 2018-06-14
Javier R.
Receptionist
Accounting Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-10

"very easy and fun to use"

Comments: Getting to know everyones personality and how much we have in common

Pros: how easy it is to use and it helps getting to know and recognize each other for great work then theirs also how it helps us get a little extra cash which can come in handy in sticky life situations

Cons: honestly have not found anything i dislike everything seems easy to use very simple that everyone can use and not get confused

• Reviewed on 2018-07-10
Amanda H.
Account manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

"Love it!"

Pros: I love how quick and easy it is to give a shout out to another colleague. It’s fun to see what everyone is sharing as well

Cons: There really isn’t anything I do not like about this software.

by Motivosity on 2021-04-07

Hi Amanda! Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad that Motivosity have helped you and your coworkers stay connected and improve your work environment.

Eric C.
Manager of Service Planning
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-20

"I should thank him on Motivosity--wait, he doesn't work here . . ."

Comments: I have enjoyed using Motivosity--it has been so natural to use it to thank my co-workers that I have wished I could use it in the rest of my life when someone does something nice for me.

Pros: Makes it easy to recognize co-workers. It can be awkward to thank someone you don't know well out of the blue--or, if you're an introverted technical employee, it can be awkward to receive thanks publicly. Motivosity gives a platform for both of these situations that removes the initial barrier to potentially risky social interaction and allows employees to receive public recognition and a tangible reward without feeling singled out.

Cons: I have observed that some employees send out blanket "thank-you's" just to give all their money away and jump to the top of the leaderboard--a small minority of employees, but some of my peers have expressed annoyance at this and skepticism of the leaderboard in general.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-20
Tiffany W.
HR Generalist
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-04

"Good Tool for Morale"

Comments: Overall, I would say this has been a positive experience. People who don't normally say a whole lot have been giving little shout outs to their fellow co-workers or being recognized themselves. From a management point of view, its been nice to see how everyone helps each other out.

Pros: I love that all employees can get involved. Whether it's a simple "Like" or giving out kudos.

Cons: The only really irritating thing is how long it takes for deposits to go through. Sometimes it takes over a week for it to go through. So if you're in a hurry you need to plan in advance.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-04
Nickolas N.
Assistant Branch Manager
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-22

"Motivosity Review"

Pros: The best part about Motivosity is the simplicity of the system, use money and praise to show my co-workers that I appreciate what they do. It's especially helpful for the ones I don't interact with face to face.

Cons: I have zero complaints. The only issue I have ever had is running out of money to give!

• Reviewed on 2019-04-22