• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.8 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Motivosity

Motivosity is an employee engagement platform that helps people be more motivated at work.

Learn more about Motivosity

Dale S.
Director of Program Implementation
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-04

"Velocity with Culture Change thru Motivosity"

Pros: Very intuitive and easy to learn. This is a great way provide recognition and say thanks across the entire workforce to those who are modeling the company cultural beliefs. Unless the recognition is tagged as private it's visible across the organization and helps create the experiences we want our people to have.

Cons: There is an interests feature where users can see the interests of others such as hiking, golf, etc. A nice future feature would be the ability to easily tag and communicate with individuals or the entire interest group.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-04
Tanner D.
Customer Experience manager
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-01

""As good as Cash""

Comments: I work at Bluehost and they used to have achievers (terrible). Once we got Motivosity it was like "seeing the light" I use Amazon all the time. And when we run out of "moto or moto bucks" we can still give out fund messages.

Pros: It notifies me of b- days and anniversary. leader boards.

Cons: "whats new new highers"

• Reviewed on 2016-12-01
Jerusha R.
Bookkeeper / Executive Assistant
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-25

"Excellent Virtual Office Recognition/Incentives"

Comments: We were unsure how to fully go virtual and not lose our office employees. A real problem with going virtual as a company was losing people - going dark. Motivosity helps us check-in and helps us recognize achievements with Kudos and gift cards. We have also been able to be more personal with our employees by helping raise funds that would be useful to an individual going through personal tragedy much more than simply sending flowers.

Pros: As we had to move to a virtual office setting, Motivosity helps us to maintain an active culture of appreciation. The software is user friendly - which is a huge help with those less technical employees.

Cons: I can't think of anything specific not to like about Motivosity - perhaps it could include HR qualities as well and it would be a fully rounded program.

by Motivosity on 2021-01-27

Hi Jerusha! Thanks so much for your review. We look forward to improving our platform with your comments, and we're so glad you've enjoyed using our product!

Hillary T.
HR Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-27

"Great Way to Build Company Moral"

Comments: Anytime we have a question, customer support is very responsive and helpful.

Pros: Motivosity is very easy and fun to use. I love that you can see other employees recognizing each other. It's a great tool to help build team culture.

Cons: I love everything about Motivosity. We get such great feedback on Motivosity. I can't think of anything Negative.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-27
Juliana A.
Technical Writer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-21

"Motivosity gives me a meaningful way to show others how much I appreciate what they do for me"

Comments: I've discussed with others that it's a great way for people to let others know how helpful our coworkers are and keep each other motivated. Sometimes I'll tell someone "Wait til next month when I have bucks again and I'll send you one!" There's just so much to appreciate people for. My coworkers go above and beyond.

Pros: I love the feed that allows you to see what others are doing and are being appreciated for, also the fact that you can "like" another person's appreciation. I often scroll through the feed to feel good about the company I work with and how awesome our people are.

Cons: I don't really have a con, just the fact that I don't really understand the leaderboard and what it's measuring. I'm sure if I looked for information on it though, it would be easy to find.

by Motivosity on 2021-01-27

Hi Juliana, thank you so much for your review! We love to hear about the experiences people are having on Motivosity, and are so glad that your's has been so positive!

• Reviewed on 2021-01-21
Sara C.
Course Instructor
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Gratitude Grower"

Comments: It has been a good vehicle for celebrating the work and individuals that make iur organization a great place to work.

Pros: I like being able to recognize teammates in the moment and in a job well done!

Cons: There is nothing I don't like about this software.

by Motivosity on 2021-03-12

Hi Sara! Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you've had a good time celebrating your coworkers, especially when that hard work would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

Jessica G.
Senior Manager, Evaluation Services, Teachers College, STEM/SPED
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-10

"Use in Higher Education"

Comments: I have used Motivosity in two different roles with my organization. I used it more often as a frontline manager because I had more direct reports, but I still use it regularly and feel it is an important tool for recognizing others.

Pros: I like recognizing people using multiple modalities. This is one way to recognize people for the contribution they make to helping our students progress through their program.

Cons: I do not have any Cons for the platform. I do wish we were able to give frontline managers more Motivosity dollars due to the higher number of direct reports, but that is an organizational issue, not an issue with Motivosity.

by Motivosity on 2021-03-12

Hi Jessica, thank you for your review! We're so glad to hear that Motivosity has helped contribute to a more appreciative work environment among your coworkers

Executive Assistant
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-06

"Motivosity is the best! It's such a great way to get to know each other at work."

Pros: There are a ton of pros! It's really user-friendly. It's a fun way to show appreciation and get to know everyone. Motivosity matches you to others that have common interests and similarities which helps you get to know everyone in the office. Employees love that they can cash out their money and get fun gift cards. Also, Motivosity has great customer service. If I have a question or issue they are always quick and get it fixed.

Cons: We have had a few problems where employees have tried to cash out their money and it wouldn't let them.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-06
Michelle S.
CMO
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-12

"Micro-recognition that works"

Pros: I love the ability for all employees, from any level of the organization, to recognize the work of others using the Motivosity platform. The microbonuses help, but the recognition is even more important. We also offer weekly incentive-style spot bonuses for employee sharing on social media, and actions that espouse the company values. It's a fantastic platform and I'd highly recommend it to organizations of any size.

Cons: I wish this were integrated into a primary HR platform (like BambooHR) for consistency in reporting and a single view into the health of the business.

by Motivosity on 2018-06-06

Michelle, thanks for your review of Motivosity. Responding to your last comment, we now have an integration to BambooHR. Our customer success team can help your administrator get it set up. Thank you for being a customer.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-12
Kellen H.
Account Development Manager Team Lead
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-09-02

"Motivosity, the best thing since "Thank You" cards."

Comments: I love using Motivosity to reward and thank team members with something real. Sometimes people go above and beyond and this is a great way to reward that and say thank you. It's easy to use, including the App. I personally haven't had any experience with Customer Support so I can't speak to that much, but I think that in itself is a compliment to the product. I haven't had to contact CS. I have use Motivosity to incentive my team to make more calls or do more work. Whoever gets the most gets the money. Our MotoBucks are worth more than real money it seems...we cherish them.

Pros: Easy to use. Oh, and it gives me gift cards to Amazon.

Cons: Sometimes when I am typing in an employee's name it won't come up. So I have to try their last name.

• Reviewed on 2016-09-02
Spencer C.
VP Ops
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-22

"Motivosity - worth giving it a shot."

Comments: Overall, very positive.

Pros: I use it most days and have found it very useful in giving extra incentives very easily and using it as a way to motivate my team and show my appreciation. It is built into my processes with my team and we use it very often. At first I was critical of it but now, especially with COVID, it has really be such a great system to work with and easy to use.

Cons: I was critical that losing the immediate tangible gift cards that we used to give out to our team would be a big negative. However, COVID changed all of that and I am so glad we had this in place when COVID hit.

by Motivosity on 2021-01-27

Spencer, thank you so much for your review. There are definitely growing pains whenever change is involved, but we thank you for your confidence in adopting our system. So glad you've had a positive experience!

Doug O.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-05

"Motivosity @ Trim-A-Seal"

Comments: Our company is a few months into using Motivosity. So far, we have seen a huge reaction to the program being introduced. Most of the people that are somewhat tech-savvy got on the program immediately, and others followed after seeing what was going on. I think the biggest part we're noticing is that its not so much the prizes or "sealbucks" as we call them that people are interested in... but the recognition and goodwill from their co-workers, as well as the chance to give that good will, that is driving use of the program. It is turning out to be a big positive reinforcement tool at our company, as well as creating a good-vibe environment that allows a chance for everyone to recognize each others good work. We are all very happy with Motivosity so far, and plan to utilize it even more.

Pros: I like the tools it offers management and other employees to positively reinforce good work and habits. The program is very user-friendly and there are a lot of features to utilize. I like the social media platform that allows everyone to see who's recognizing who.

Cons: I like the idea of having some flexibility with regard to the currency we use or making up or own currency. We call our dollars "sealbucks" and just made our own exchange rate, but we did have to set things up so we can work it like this. That's all I got!

• Reviewed on 2018-10-05
Kris T.
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-22

"Awesome Product"

Comments: I try to open Motiviosity first thing in the mornings so I have it readily available when there is that "eureka" moment. It's just so easy to use and the team loves it. I appreciate that I can add birthday or anniversary messages prior to the date, this is one of the best features of the software so I can pre-plan those, to avoid overlooking someone's special day.

Pros: I enjoy using Motivosity to recognize the team, it's easy and transparent way to share a win, teamwork, or just thank someone for being positive and productive. With Motivosity we are all able to view and share in our teammates success. This has really allowed me to efficiently send praise in a very visible way and who doesn't want to get recognized for all their hard work? Great product, thank you!

Cons: I can't really think of anything I don't like about the software.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-22
Richard H.
Rail Supervisor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-09

"My Experience with Motivosity"

Comments: If the Movivosity Bucks are considered a "Bonus" its a sad way to be rewarded for ones hard work and efforts. And once the gift card is ordered, then it will be taxed, where if we had merchandise that could be purchased through a Motivosity/Company store, then it would not need to be taxed. Like the old S&H gift stamp program at the grocery stores. You can save up and purchase nicer gifts or use your Motivosity bucks when you like.

Pros: I like the ability to send out thank you and Kudos to my fellow workers. I have had some very good feedback from my fellow workers as they say that there day has been made by simple recognition is given.

Cons: I actually think that the way money part of the Motivosity has a chance for a negativity toward some individuals. The potential that the more popular Employee gets all the money. I would hate to find out that someone in the backroom never gets recognized and never gets the motivosity bucks. many people give out their $5 and only get the $2 the system generates.

by Motivosity on 2018-10-15

Hello Richard! Unfortunately, everything is taxed these days! Monetary prizes, awards, achievement awards, bonuses and gift cards, certificates - including points and cards with point values redeemable toward merchandise - are all taxable compensation subject to federal and state income tax withholding, unemployment tax, and FICA taxes.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-09
Project Engineer / Program Facilitator
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-28

"Active Office Acknowledgements"

Comments: I have had a positive experience with Motivosity. I use the software quite regularly and it is always a quick in and out to accomplish my goals.

Pros: Employees receiving recognition for their work is one of the best things to do for morale and Motivosity makes it a breeze. My company has it set up so that each employee receives $5 to give to other employees as thanks and acknowledgement. You can see what other people are saying about each other and like and comment similar to other forms of social media.

Cons: There is a monthly site leader board within my company that shows points for every employee. The site does not show the basis for these points. It likely has something to do with how often you are giving/receiving thanks, but I have never been able to figure it out.

by Motivosity on 2020-06-01

Thanks for the review. Simply click on the information icon just below the leader board and you'll see how the calculations are made. Have a great day! #thanksmatters

• Reviewed on 2020-05-28
Steven D.
Co-Lead Developer
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-25

"Put your money where your mouth is."

Comments: Its been absolutely lovely. I love how easy it is for everyone to share money with each other and because it's so easy, it actually gets used. I accrue bonus money faster than I can find stuff to spend it on and I am financially motivated to help everyone because anyone can decide I deserve a bonus from them.

Pros: My favorite thing about this software is that when my boss says "Good Job" it's followed with 20$. I've spent years at companies where I heard "good job" all year, then got dinged in my performance review for small things I was unaware I should be doing. Motivosity removes the need for performance reviews because money talks. If I'm not doing a good job, I don't get that 20$ and I know I should improve. When I improve, I get instant feedback that I can benefit from instantly instead of waiting for an arbitrary decisions to occur behind closed doors once a year.

Cons: I wish there were more options for cashing out, specifically things like door-dash and grub-hub. I know I can use the visa card option to essentially use my bonus money anywhere, but it adds steps to the process and the fewer steps to cashing out the better.

by Motivosity on 2021-01-27

Hey Steven, thanks so much for your review! We're constantly working on improving our platform, and it is possible to add Grubhub or DoorDash gift cards as local gifts. Let us know if we can further help you with this!

Tricia M.
Integrations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-01

"Exactly what we needed at exactly the right time"

Comments: We had a culture problem where people were not feeling appreciated. We would give quarterly awards, but those were very subjective and only people who were nominated could get one and then only if you went way above and beyond. Management decided to create a Reward and Recognition program that was full of red tape and hoops to jump through and made it nearly impossible to say "thank you" to someone. Motivosity tore down the walls and eliminated the red tape completely.

Pros: We were struggling to find a way to recognize and reward employees without a lot of red tape. When Motivosity was introduced to use, it immediately met our needs. The software itself was easy to use and no instruction was needed on how to setup your profile or how to recognize someone. I like that you can thank whoever you want to thank, whenever you want to thank them. Because we have employees all over the world it is hard to connect with someone you want to thank, so having the ability to tell them through Motivosity really eliminates all the road blocks to appreciating someone for something they did.

Cons: I don't like that anniversaries and birthdays disappear from the feed and that you can't look backwards to see whose birthday or anniversary you might have missed. I also don't like that you can't search for a post without knowing who posted it or who was recognized.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-01
Guido D.
Technical Support Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-02

"Great way to get aware of appreciating people"

Comments: You know actively think about appreciating someone when he/she stepped up or helped you.

Pros: It's a very nice system to appreciate your colleagues. Where you normally wouldn't sent a message/email to thank someone, with Motivosity it's fun to do it. Also because everyone in the company can read it.
It's fun to motivate the team with a simple message.

Cons: The Highlights option isn't really adding value. When sharing a highlight, it will be quickly 'overflooded' with other messages and not visible as it should be.
It would be great to have 2 columns, one for your team - mandatory, and one for the company - or other teams. Highlights should be 'pinned' for some time or have a separate dashboard.

• Reviewed on 2019-09-02
Maigan S.
SBA Relationship Manager/VP
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-17

"Love being able to thank my co-workers using this program. It's quick and easy!"

Pros: I really enjoy being able to enter my own comments into the thank you box...it's great not being limited to drop down boxes. Also l like how you can make comments private. Not everyone needs to see everything so it's great you can decide if it's public or private. The personality profile is also really cool. It's fun to see other people in the bank who are like me. And being able to change your profile picture. The fact that it's not some goofy profile picture HR plugs in there is awesome...I like that I have control over that.

Cons: I still don't really understand how the points work...I am pretty sure you get more points for being thanked vs sending thanks, but in my head that is kind of opposite of how it should be. I know the intent isn't to get Motivosity points but since we do get points I feel like it's a flawed system. It's always better to give then to get, in my opinion anyhow.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-17
Bryan H.
Production Manager
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-24

"Great Rewards software for a busy shop"

Comments: Our company is a product of a merger, and so we have two very dissimilar cultures that we're trying to blend and unify. Motivosity has been great for helping us break down many of the walls that existed from before our merger. It's been a very valuable tool to help the teams from both sides, get to know each other and start appreciating one another. We believe that Motivosity has really helped our cultures start to merge.

Pros: Coming from a production environment running 24 hours a day, it's often hard to remember to reward and commend our employees. Usually you tell them they did a great job in the heat of the moment, but by the time you get back to your desk or have time during your crazy day, you inevitably forget to recognize and show the level of gratitude the employee deserves. Motivosity is great in that you can easily take a minute and quickly reward or commend your employee right after the moment happens. And since there's both an app and a desktop version, it's super easy to get those rewards and employee recognitions out in a timely manner.
It's really helped our team develop a better culture of recognizing and rewarding our teams.

Cons: About the only cons I can think of for the software are more geared towards myself and not using it enough. I really can't think of any major deficiencies in the platform, at least not in our user base.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-24
Heather S.
Director, Student Support Services
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-16

"Do you feel appreciated?"

Comments: I was apart of the implementation team and the first team to pilot the software for our corporation. I have been satisfied with the capabilities it has offered thus far and see the potential for it to be more for users and companies in the future.

Pros: I appreciate the dynamic ability to recognize individuals regardless of role or status. This can be personal or public and has the ability to badge based on award recognition. It is our goal to ensure employees are very satisfied and feel appreciated in their work every day. Motivosity provides us the platform to achieve that goal while also allowing employees to appreciate each other.

Cons: Lack of and easy of integration capabilities with external vendors that offer corporate stores. The only offering is gift cards, which is great but becomes meaningless to employees after awhile.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-16
Christine R.
Corporate Admin Assistant
Insurance Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-22

"Motivosity and Employee engagement"

Comments: Motivosity gives us each a boost when we are recognized for our efforts. I like knowing that I made a difference for someone else to make their job easier, or more enjoyable- Motivosity provides the platform to do just that. Our company has had a rise in employee engagement, during this pandemic, where other companies are falling apart. I believe Motivosity has helped to keep us all connected and aware of other's accomplishments- even with most working from home. We use the platform regularly to provide opportunities for all to participate in company wide events. I love Motivosity!

Pros: Being able to recognize your peers for things others may not notice. Being recognized myself so I know my actions made a difference to someone. I like the ease of using the Motivosity money- a couple clicks and you've redeemed your money. I love the profiles employees set up- it lets us know their interests, outside of work-more on a personal level. I also like how it tells us who else in the company is most like us- interesting...

Cons: We have had a couple of missed Anniversaries that weren't acknowledged on the platform- not sure if internal issue or Motivosity. Can't think of anything I don't like.

by Motivosity on 2021-01-27

Christine, thank you so much for your review. We love to hear about the experience our clients are having with Motivosity, and we're so glad you guys are loving it as much as we do!

Skylar C.
IT Assurance Senior
Accounting Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-30

"Encourage Others and Boost Team Morale with Motivosity"

Comments: I think Motivosity is allowing me to solve the business problem of not knowing your coworkers. I have found by being an active user of Motivosity that I know more about my coworkers and they know more about me. When I go to the office I know everyone and enjoy being at work.

Pros: On a day-to-day basis, people's actions (i.e., accomplishments, acts of kindness, hard work, etc.) often go unrecognized. Using Motivosity helps to encourage employees to recognize their coworkers. I feel by using Motivosity people are uplifted as they begin to realize people are actually noticing them. Furthermore, I feel it increase overall team morale and unity.

Cons: I think there needs to be some way to encourage users to more proactively use Motivosity without the incentive of earning money. I personally try to regift my gifted funds because I want to help drive the overall purpose of the software. However, I see so many users that log on the last day of the month and send out last minute Motivosity so the funds don't go to waste. I would rather see people recognizing others on a day-to-day basis without the expecation of making some extra money.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-30
Lisa C.
Documentation Specialist
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-04-20

"Moto for Mayor!"

Comments: I've loved using Motivosity to instantaneously show my appreciation to my coworkers, even for simple things. I also love receiving Moto bucks; it totally makes my day. Motivosity is one of the features about my company that I always talk up to friends and family. It's a really fun and smart service that I love. I find myself wishing I had everyone I know attached to my Motivosity account so I could send a dollar here or there to someone who did something nice. I find that I just go to Motivosity to only send, view, and cash out on rewards. The surveys don't really tell me anything and the leaderboards don't mean anything to me because I don't know how it's calculated. I just know you probably get points for sending and receiving, but for those of us who aren't manager and above and only get a certain amount to give, it's pretty limiting. A while ago I did notice a bunch of typos and grammar/spelling issues on your website, so I sent an email to some generic address I found on the website saying that someone in Marketing should probably fix the issues I found. Someone actually responded and I don't know if they fixed them, but the website does look much better than it did a year ago.

Pros: - It truly is super motivating
- easy to send and receive
- gift cards come quickly

Cons: - the UI is not very pretty
- Sometimes I wish motivosity would "nudge" or remind you to think about someone who did something for you. I do a lot of last minute projects and most of the time, people are super generous and show their appreciation but sometimes I don't hear anything. I know it's a little entitled to expect moto bucks, but I know some departments in my company are notorious for not using moto bucks at all, which is a little discouraging.
- the milestones and org chart are pretty lame.
- there's really nothing to do of interest in motivosity except give money and cash out.

• Reviewed on 2017-04-20
Kathy T.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-18

"Boosts Positive Atmosphere Without The Obnoxious Emails"

Comments: Our school started using Motivosity to increase morale among the staff. I definitely think that that was accomplished within the population that was active. Overall, I enjoyed my experience. I felt very appreciated because I would get recognized for little things that I don't usually get recognized for because it's behind-the-scenes and it made me feel seen by my coworkers who just didn't know. I also think it was a great experience for me because it helped me reach out more to my coworkers and actually allowed me to thank them properly for what they do. It allowed me to help increase the positive atmoshpere in my environment.

Pros: I liked that it was a platform where you could thank and recognize your coworkers without worrying about being obnoxious. I always want to recognize people for every little thing (because the little things matter) but I worry about flooding others' email boxes. With Motivosity, I am able to do that because other people don't see it until they log on. They don't get constant messages of me recognizing my coworkers, but they also get to see that my coworkers were recognized when they log on and can then acknowledge it themselves. And when I am posting a lot and feel like I am being a little obnoxious, I also have the option to make my posts private as well. This was also a great place to posts little wins and highlights of my own classroom as well. Little things happen on campus every day and should be shared, but as I said before, we worry about flooded emails. This was a great place to collect all those highlights and catch up on anything missed whenever you logged on, whether it was daily, weekly, etc. I also liked the competition aspect of it. The points associated with the software was a great motivator for me personally, not so much competing with my coworkers, but reminding myself to take time out to appreciate my coworkers whenever I could.

Cons: The only thing that I had an issue with in the beginning was that you could not post a photo on the mobile app. They have since added that feature, so I am pretty content with the software.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-18