15 years helping Canadian businesses

About ISL Light

ISL Light remote support software lets you control a remote computer or mobile device. It's cross-platform, secure, fast, customizable.

Learn more about ISL Light

Pros:

Integration was fast and smooth. Very like customer service.

Cons:

Have to pay extra to login to more than one device.

ISL Light ratings

4.7
4.7
4.6
4.5

9.0/10

ISL Light has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 708 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ISL Light before?

Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Feature-rich, robust remote support software with excellent customer support.

Comments: Excellent - head and shoulders above the competition.

Pros:

Customer support, feel listened to, great product, works every time, competitive pricing, never skipped a beat.

Cons:

Nothing, nada, zero, zilch. There's nothing not to like, there really isn't.

4 months ago

Hi Chris, we value your input and are glad to know that you find ISL Online to be of high quality. Your review motivates us to continue delivering excellence!

Gary
Managing Director in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Market Leading Remote connectivity software

5.0 last month New

Comments: Brilliant, we've been with them for 4-5 years now after switching from Log me in as they put their prices up just as we expanded our team, ISL were great to deal with.

Pros:

Its very easy to use, quick to connect to users machines and never seems to freeze or have connection issues, which is vital to our business

Cons:

There is nothing to dislike about ISL. They contact us in good time about our renewals, the comms are really friendly and they are just a nice company to do business with

Joshua
VP in US
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

It's almost perfect.

Comments: Pretty good the sales team were very good the development team could be a bit better at responding to customer needs and issues.

Pros:

Hosting the software ourselves is very comforting as we don't have to rely on other servers if it goes down we are to blame. Reading the customer the ID is very nice versus the other way around as it helps prevent errors and gets read at a consistent rate. Also being able to email and transfer the session is very helpful. The software file transfer is the best I've tried much faster than the competitors.

Cons:

A couple of things that I wish would be improved would be. When comparing to Teamviewer, ISL is considerably slower; if you have them sitting side by side, you will be able to complete tasks almost twice as fast with Teamviewer. When opening UAC within Windows, there is a considerable delay in displaying the Yes and No prompt that doesn't happen with Teamviewer. Multiple monitors work pretty well, but once you get past three monitors, the software starts to fall apart. It's even slower. Also, sometimes, it won't even show dialog boxes in the large zoomed-out view that exists when using Teamviewer. You won't see all the monitors at once, so you will need to toggle each monitor until you are on the right one. Switching monitors is also a drag as it's also very, very slow to display the content of each individual monitor. I've been told that one of the reasons for ISL slowness is that it is more secure than Teamviewer, and while that might be true, I wish they would give the End User the option to have faster speed/less secure or slower speeds more secure.

3 years ago

Hello, the delays you are experiencing in a session where two computers are side by side, in comparison with TeamViewer, is due to difference in how the sessions work. With ISL Online, every session goes through a dedicated ISL server, making such a connection much more secure - in comparison, TeamViewer connections are peer-to-peer, so the session is established directly from one computer to another, with no server inbetween. This opens the session up to potential security issues. In cases where the computers are side by side, you may find the ISL session has a slightly higher delay, however in most cases, where remote computer is not next to the operator's computer, the session should not have any more delay than a TeamViewer session. For the multi-monitor issues you are experiencing - we have created an internal ticket to improve this functionality! You're always welcome to contact us through our live chat at www.islonline.com. ISL Online Support Team

Mark
Technical Director in UK
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use, it just works.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Having used ISL for 10+ years i can say it has been great to use everyday. It's very easy and it just works everytime.

Pros:

It is very easy to use on both computers and mobile devices.

Cons:

The reporting of end device hardward and software could be better. A simple report to view all devices or groups of devices in one place.

Martin
Martin
Managing Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Easy Remote Support

Pros:

Such an easy product to use, I have been using it for a number of years now and will continue to do so! I have a list of all my servers and can just double-click to launch into them. When it comes to providing remote - ad-hoc support - I can simply direct my client to a website - give them a code and we're up and running in no time. This is so much easier than asking people to install an app first, and then give me a code and password etc. Just simple remote support.

Cons:

The only minor issue is that I sometimes can't copy/paste between my host machine and the remote machine... this could be due to my Mac making a restriction tho!

9 months ago

We're grateful for your input, Martin. Thanks!

Bo
Tech Support in US
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Gret Remote Acccess Software

Comments: This is the best, most intuitive remote access software for tech support technicians that service multiple clients.

Pros:

Accessing remote devices using ISL is easy. I have the app on my main PC, my laptop, and my phone. Being able to work on a device from my phone means I don't have to be tied to a computer for tech support. Everything works, always.

Cons:

When moving devices to groups, and dropping it, the screen refreshes and goes back to the top of the list. If I am moving devices, I don't want to keep scrolling down. Would be nice to select multiple devices and drag and drop to the group. Also, would be nice to create an access password per group. Since I service multiple companies, it would be nice to select group and change password for entire group.

4 months ago

Hi Bo! Thank you for your detailed and valuable feedback. In regards to the issue you've described, we have a solution for you. You can utilize the "Bulk Actions" feature to perform actions on multiple computers simultaneously. Please note that this feature is available through the ISL Online web portal and is not accessible via the desktop app. Please see the manual for more details: https://help.islonline.com/19815/1622800

Walter
Network Administrator in US
Commercial Real Estate Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Good remote access software that does not break the bank.

Comments: Overall this has been a great tool. I have used many other software in this field but so far this one is the best value.

Pros:

Very easy to use. Has everything you could ask for in a remote desktop application. UI is easy to navigate and understand.

Cons:

The only con I could even give it is when you set unattended access and then go to connect to that machine it downloads and executable every time. You can just label and save that .exe and use it instead of clicking the connect in the portal. Having more than 500 end users though I just do not want to have to dig through .exe's to find the one I want.

4 months ago

Hi Walter, thank you for your insight! In regards to your issue, we suggest connecting to your unattended computers using the ISL Light desktop app rather than the web portal. Please see the manual for more information: https://help.islonline.com/44234/306295 If that doesn’t solve your problem, I kindly invite you to join our live chat and explain your request to our team.

Jamie
Director in UK

ISL Light

Comments: using ISL for the last 9 months has been great, the software is easy to use, I have my customers all grouped into their own containers, I can access the software on my PC and my Mac Book.

Pros:

Speed of remote control. I was using Anydesk but found it to become very slow, when my license was due for renewal I looked around and found ISL and it did everything I required it to.

Cons:

nothing. ISL Light performs exactly as I want it to.

4 months ago

Jamie, thank you for choosing ISL Online, and for sharing your feedback!

Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

ISL - A great tool for remote access

Comments: Overall it has been an incredibly useful product for the price and has assisted with many projects recently.

Pros:

ISL is fast and responsive to remote onto client machines. Easy to add unattended machines and share access internally.

Cons:

ISL is lacking some features of higher-profile remote tools such as NinjaRMM or N-ABLE RMM. However this can be overlooked with the price and value for money.

4 months ago

Hi, thank you for your input!

Joan
tecnic in Spain
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

very reliable

Comments: The unattended option is perfect and always available. Possibility of having multiple operators helps a lot.

Pros:

It's very easy to install, reliable and I haven't found any incompatibilities in any of the installations I've done.

Cons:

The web's interface for changing passwords and other actions is a bit jary. The price is a little more expensive than other programs with similar features.

3 months ago

Joan, thank you for your feedback!

Christian
CEO in New Zealand
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Solid alternative to Teamviewer

Comments: It was a positive experience for us so far. The software allows us to provide a professionally looking remote support service to mostly new and unknown users.

Pros:

We've just renewed our license for the third year. We're using it to provide remote tech support for our customers and it never let us down so far. Our support staff likes working with it. Certainly not looking back to Teamviewer again.

Cons:

Two relatively small issues with it, last time we checked: 1. The chat identifies our staff as "Desk" and there is no way to change this. In TeamViewer we could set our identification to whatever we wanted (We had it set to "Firstname Lastname - Company" for clarity and personal touch). 2. It uses the chat like a log, so everything that happens while we're connected gets logged in the chat, and we feel it's difficult to carry on a conversation with someone with log output cluttering the chat.

Tine
IT System Technician in Slovenia
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Best all round remote dekstop support software

Comments: We primarily use the product for offering remote technical support to our clients and customers. We are an outsourcing IT company, and we provide services and support to various business in the region. When we have the possibility of providing remote support, we use ISL. Because we only have to provide an eight-digit number to our customers, it makes the whole process much easier and faster. Some clients have become so familiar with the product, that they have it already ready when we call them and they only ask, “what is the number”. The icon is also very distinguishable, so it’s easy to explain the customers what to look for on the website or the desktop.
The ability to set an “always on” connection is also very valuable, as we don’t have to interact directly with the clients to establish the connection. It also allows for a fast glance at the operation of the systems, to see if they are online or not. The ability to save the computers and categorize them in groups also saves us time.
The stability and reliability of the whole system is very valuable and In our many years of use we haven’t had one incident, where we weren’t able to provide remote assistance because of ISL issues.
The sessions can also be paused and transferred to another operator, so if one operator has issues, it can be transferred to another technician, without interruption from the client side. Since everyone can see the active sessions, we can also collaborate much easier.

Pros:

- Easy to use for users and operators - Very fast installation and general use - Easy to start a session with users, only 8 digit number needed - Lots of features, RDP, always on, file sharing, recording, etc

Cons:

I don't have any real issues with this software.

Ziga
IT Specialist in Slovenia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

ISL Light as daily driver for remote support

Comments: We can not imagine our daily business without ISL Light. We run multiple connections troughout the day to offer IT support to our customers. We tried many different solutions but ISL Light at the end proved to be the most reliable, fast and easy to use for our customers and operators.We would recommend this product over other similir ones any time.

Pros:

Software is extremly easy to use, it is very reliable and fast. Connecting to customer's PC is very simple and transperent.Customer support is always there and ready if you need it - but because the product works 99,9% we almost never use it.

Cons:

If you run program 24/7 as we do, you sometimes miss the software update which starts upon running the program and logging in.File management - transfers between local and remote computer is working OK but could get some UI and UX improvements.

Peter
CEO in Slovenia

Ease of use

Comments: Our experience with ISL Light is PERFECT overall compared to other products we used in past.

Pros:

The featrure that is most usefull is access 24/7 and abbility to solve issues before they happen.

Cons:

The features that could be improved are use on 3rd party mobile phones that use not google Android and other OS.

Harold
Geschäftsführer in Germany

Best experience for more than 10 years

Comments: For us ISL Online is a 9 out of 10 star solution

Pros:

We use the self-hosted version of ISL and our customers really appreciate the fact that security-critical connections do not have to be routed via a third-party provider. The usage is simple and self-explanatory. And customers can explicitly disable the use of ISL in the firewall if they want to. This creates trust and is not possible in this form with competitors.

Cons:

Screen sharing doesn't really work well for us. We might have to take a closer look again. Accessing it on the go via the Android app is impractical. And we also lack remote control from mobile devices.

Higher Education Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Don't judge it by its looks

Comments: If you are old enough the GUI might remind you of Operating Systems long gone - underneath is a top-class software that has no need for embellishment. It's easy to install, deploy, and use. There's a lot of features and more are added over time but most important the core functionality and security evolve constantly.

Pros:

I like the ease of use, no distracting bells and whistles. Whether Remote Support or Unattended Access, everything you need is there. It works reliably and perfectly with multi-monitor configurations.

Cons:

There are no real cons. Even though the interface is minimalist you can do all you need.

Jassen
IT Manager in UK
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic Remote Software Tool

Comments: It is an amazing tool that I can't do without. It was instrumental in supporting users during the pandemic, and continues to be invaluable in my day to day administration tasks. Heartily recommended.

Pros:

I can convenient access and remote support all users and devices within the business. I can use this from any location with Internet access, and feel secure knowing I'll be able to get to a machine whether unattended, or through user authorisation.

Cons:

I'd like more mobile support features. This looks to be in development.

Alejandro
IT in Mexico
Executive Office, 51–200 Employees

Easy remote access/support solution with multiple options

Comments: We offer support to company owned and employee owned PCs, and also support business partners that require access to our systems for our business relationship. For company owned equipment we used to install another remote support product, but we can't do that on most of not-owned equipment, so ISL became a great help since we do not need to install anything, just provide the session ID so they can join when they need and be confident no one will be accessing their property beyond that particular moment.

Pros:

When you need to provide support or remote access (attended or unattended) it is a simple solution, easy to use, several alternatives to grant access in variety of OS's and circumstances and cost competitive.It isn't cluttered with functions that may work in some cases but in others are completely unnecessary.

Cons:

No "bundles" for several users in small companies, those with need of many simultaneous users are likely to be really big and this situation works at their favor (btw, those are the ones that may need the extra functions from other competitors), but for small companies (using 1-2 simultaneous users) add an extra channel means doubling the cost. Even with that unpleasant situation still cost competitive.

Mark
Owner in UK
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great Value Remote Support Software

Comments: I used to use LogMeIn and was approached by ISL to try out there product initially I said no then the price of the other product had its third increase in twelve months which made it too expensive. Since then I haven't looked back, I can connect to my clients quickly and securely and provide the type of service my clients expect as if I was there in person. I must use the software three to four times a day on average and now most of my support work is done remotely saving journey time and fuel cost. It's made me more efficient.

Pros:

ISLOnline has all the features of it's competitors but at a more competitive price. The software is continually being developed and improved and can be branded to suit your company needs. It supports remote connections to multi platform and devices and has a chat platform for you to converse with your customers which can be added to your website. Technical support is first class and they are extremely helpful when you first begin using the software. You get an evelauation period to trial the fully featured software and this can be extended if needs be so you can be sure. Did I mention the price?

Cons:

I would like to see some improvements in the Remote support logging page as I use this to generate invoicing information and it takes an export of the log and some reformatting to get it in the state I need.

5 years ago

Hello, thank you for your review! We are currently developing some new features for the reports page, which will soon show the name of the computer in the list aswell, making it easier to see which computer you were connected to in a particular session. If you have any requests which you would like to see added to the reports page (or to ISL products in general) please send us an email to [email protected] or visit our live chat on our website www.islonline.com! Best regards, Domen Vidmar ISL Online Team

Paul
Software Engineer in UK

Long term user

Pros:

Connection using the AlwaysOn setup is excellent and very quick to establish a connection to a remote PC.

Cons:

On demand client setup could do with some prompts on the administrators end to describe what the user might be seeing. Often a user will start to read out a security warning and ask what to do so would be good to know what these might be as they seem to differ slightly, maybe from browser to browser.Initial setup to connec to a Mac is tricky and seems to involve changing system settings for screen recording. A quick link to help for this would be useful when establising a connection to save time.

7 months ago

Hi Paul, thanks for your feedback. Security warnings on macOS are due to Gatekeeper. Applications installed outside the App Store must now be notarized by Apple to launch seamlessly. Currently, ISL Network Start is notarized, which means that any ISL Online application downloaded through Network Start is trusted by Gatekeeper. If an ISL Online product is downloaded directly (we recommend using Network Start), Gatekeeper will prevent it from running. We recommend users to join the session via the "Join page" to avoid such warnings: https://help.islonline.com/19201/161763#macos-5 To start the ISL Light Client, two permissions must be added to enable a fully functional remote session. You'll be prompted to allow both permissions in your Mac's Security and Privacy settings in the "Accessibility" and "Screen Recording" sections. See our guide on how to give the ISL Light Client the right permissions on computers running newer macOS versions - https://help.islonline.com/20159/1318907#application-permissions-3 We have also created a request ticket (REQ-7274) to make it easier for macOS users to enable the correct permissions.

Marco
Managing Director in Germany
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

ISL Light Server License - Remote Support at a Glance

Comments: With ISL Always On I can access my computers (even via RDP) and work remotely. In the end, I would really recommend it if you are looking for a solution that you can run yourself.

Pros:

In 2011 we were looking for a solution which was able to run on on own server. Finally, after comparing existing solutions (also from price perspective) we started with ISL Light.Since then we experience a good and stable solution, which is regularly updated and maintained. The software is running without issues and is just doing what we expect from it - helping us in remote support, working from home (also via RDP) and my favorite aspect -> installed in my own environment.

Cons:

The admin area to update and maintenance the software could be a little bit more modern, but finally everything is reachable and working.

Safet
CEO in Sweden

ISL LIGHT - 100% right - Support Remotly

Comments: Really good product

Pros:

Comprehensive product for remote support. Developed - maintained - and runs in EU. Easy to instruct users to install on client computers.

Cons:

We would like to have access to a reseller portal

chris
Technical Director in UK
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

isl

Comments: we support customers using this.

Pros:

file transfer is very useful, also multi session is invaluable to us.

Cons:

cannot save passwords on IOS. also cannot use domain login details to authenticate. Reporting tools could do with a little more detail

Dejan
Direktor in Slovenia

Isl light

Comments: saves a lot of costs for the customer and us

Pros:

Always on option, easy to use, grouping customers...

Cons:

it would be good feature if the remote computer does not go to sleep during the session

2 years ago

Dear Dejan, thank you for your review. Regarding your suggestion, we do not currently support preventing sleep on a remote computer when it is connected via an on-demand session. However, if you are connected to a remote unattended computer (via ISL AlwaysOn), the remote computer is prevented from sleeping. If you notice that the remote computer goes to sleep during an unattended access session, please provide us with more information about this case (operating system of the remote computer, versions of ISL Light/ ISL AlwaysOn). ISL Online Tech Team

François
Administrateur in Belgium

Using ISlRemote daily

Pros:

Very easy to use, simple to install, easy to remotely control a new computer using "invite". Isl light is also available for installation on remote computer for unattended control and on local computer so you don't have to login on a web page but juste start a local software.

Cons:

Only information available is a complete description about the remote computer (CPU, ram, processes and so on) and lats connection time. Impossible to know how many time spend remotely by computer or by group on a period of time. Impossible to know wich computer have been accessed last month. Impossible to share a session like with TeamViewer ou AnyDesk. An the local app crashes after a while.