15 years helping Canadian businesses

About ISL Light

ISL Light remote support software lets you control a remote computer or mobile device. It's cross-platform, secure, fast, customizable.

Learn more about ISL Light

Pros:

Integration was fast and smooth. Very like customer service.

Cons:

Have to pay extra to login to more than one device.

ISL Light ratings

4.7
4.7
4.6
4.5

9.0/10

ISL Light has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 656 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ISL Light before?

Managing Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Easy Remote Support

Pros:

Such an easy product to use, I have been using it for a number of years now and will continue to do so! I have a list of all my servers and can just double-click to launch into them. When it comes to providing remote - ad-hoc support - I can simply direct my client to a website - give them a code and we're up and running in no time. This is so much easier than asking people to install an app first, and then give me a code and password etc. Just simple remote support.

Cons:

The only minor issue is that I sometimes can't copy/paste between my host machine and the remote machine... this could be due to my Mac making a restriction tho!

3 months ago

We're grateful for your input, Martin. Thanks!

Tony
Financial controller in UK
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Gives me the control I need always.

Comments: It gives me the ability to reconcile all the bank accounts of my client companies regularly. It allows me to handhold any of the staff if they need guidance when they need me. It allows me to produce Company Management Accounts in a timely manner.

Pros:

The ability to access my client companies whenever I need to. Even when I am inside the Arctic Circle. The reassurance it gives my client companies that I am always there when they need me.

Cons:

I cannot think of anything that needs improving or gives me any problem.

3 months ago

Tony, we appreciate your feedback very much!

Paul
Software Engineer in UK

Long term user

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Connection using the AlwaysOn setup is excellent and very quick to establish a connection to a remote PC.

Cons:

On demand client setup could do with some prompts on the administrators end to describe what the user might be seeing. Often a user will start to read out a security warning and ask what to do so would be good to know what these might be as they seem to differ slightly, maybe from browser to browser.Initial setup to connec to a Mac is tricky and seems to involve changing system settings for screen recording. A quick link to help for this would be useful when establising a connection to save time.

last month

Hi Paul, thanks for your feedback. Security warnings on macOS are due to Gatekeeper. Applications installed outside the App Store must now be notarized by Apple to launch seamlessly. Currently, ISL Network Start is notarized, which means that any ISL Online application downloaded through Network Start is trusted by Gatekeeper. If an ISL Online product is downloaded directly (we recommend using Network Start), Gatekeeper will prevent it from running. We recommend users to join the session via the "Join page" to avoid such warnings: https://help.islonline.com/19201/161763#macos-5 To start the ISL Light Client, two permissions must be added to enable a fully functional remote session. You'll be prompted to allow both permissions in your Mac's Security and Privacy settings in the "Accessibility" and "Screen Recording" sections. See our guide on how to give the ISL Light Client the right permissions on computers running newer macOS versions - https://help.islonline.com/20159/1318907#application-permissions-3 We have also created a request ticket (REQ-7274) to make it easier for macOS users to enable the correct permissions.

Joshua
VP in US
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

It's almost perfect.

Comments: Pretty good the sales team were very good the development team could be a bit better at responding to customer needs and issues.

Pros:

Hosting the software ourselves is very comforting as we don't have to rely on other servers if it goes down we are to blame. Reading the customer the ID is very nice versus the other way around as it helps prevent errors and gets read at a consistent rate. Also being able to email and transfer the session is very helpful. The software file transfer is the best I've tried much faster than the competitors.

Cons:

A couple of things that I wish would be improved would be. When comparing to Teamviewer, ISL is considerably slower; if you have them sitting side by side, you will be able to complete tasks almost twice as fast with Teamviewer. When opening UAC within Windows, there is a considerable delay in displaying the Yes and No prompt that doesn't happen with Teamviewer. Multiple monitors work pretty well, but once you get past three monitors, the software starts to fall apart. It's even slower. Also, sometimes, it won't even show dialog boxes in the large zoomed-out view that exists when using Teamviewer. You won't see all the monitors at once, so you will need to toggle each monitor until you are on the right one. Switching monitors is also a drag as it's also very, very slow to display the content of each individual monitor. I've been told that one of the reasons for ISL slowness is that it is more secure than Teamviewer, and while that might be true, I wish they would give the End User the option to have faster speed/less secure or slower speeds more secure.

3 years ago

Hello, the delays you are experiencing in a session where two computers are side by side, in comparison with TeamViewer, is due to difference in how the sessions work. With ISL Online, every session goes through a dedicated ISL server, making such a connection much more secure - in comparison, TeamViewer connections are peer-to-peer, so the session is established directly from one computer to another, with no server inbetween. This opens the session up to potential security issues. In cases where the computers are side by side, you may find the ISL session has a slightly higher delay, however in most cases, where remote computer is not next to the operator's computer, the session should not have any more delay than a TeamViewer session. For the multi-monitor issues you are experiencing - we have created an internal ticket to improve this functionality! You're always welcome to contact us through our live chat at www.islonline.com. ISL Online Support Team

Aaron
DevOps Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

ISL Online solution for remote access is the best one stop shop

Comments: From day one sign up to the trial and then signing up the experience has been fantastic, sales and support are more than helpful.

Pros:

The software just works and is quick to connect plus has very rapid deployment options with great documentation on how to do this. Support is also rapid and some of the best I have ever experienced.

Cons:

A few more options to be able to set customisation from the web gui would be nice but not detrimental.

3 months ago

Aaron thanks a lot for your feedback!

Valentina
Frontend Engineer in Argentina
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

ISL Light - A Convenient Remote Desktop Solution

Comments: Overall, ISL Light is a great tool for remote support. It's fast, reliable, and easy to use. I definitely recommend it to anyone in need of remote desktop solutions.

Pros:

I've been using ISL Light for remote support and it's been a lifesaver. The interface is user-friendly and the connection is super fast. I love that I can access any computer from anywhere and resolve issues quickly.

Cons:

The pricing is a bit steep for smaller teams, but I guess you get what you pay for. Also, there have been a few instances where the connection gets laggy, but it's not a constant problem.

3 months ago

Hi Valentina, thanks a lot for your valuable feedback and recommendation!

Werner
Werner
Engineer in Netherlands
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

ISL Remote for optimal Network support

Comments: We use ISL for several years already and the overall benefits of this product makes that we continue to use it. Even on a Phone or Tablet we can remote access the connected systems.

Pros:

The ease of use makes it perfect for daily use. It works perfect even when we are logged in to multiple systems without any loss of speed.

Cons:

It would be better is we had an automatic way to create a report, of even a quick report of the system.

Matevž
Matevž
CIO in Slovenia
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Easy set-up, does the job

Comments: While some services were overloaded during the COVID crisis, there have been no technical difficulties with ISL. The service is robust, intuitive and works well.

Pros:

There is very low overhead with this software, users don't need to install anything and remote support can be up and running within half a minute from call.

Cons:

Running services or applications with elevated privileges on the remote computer is a bit of a hassle.

Grant
Director in UK

Great Product For IT HelpDesk

5.0 last month New

Pros:

We've used ISL Online for many years now within our Help Desk and Sales Team and have found it to be the best and most cost effective product on the market. Simple to setup and very easy to use.

Cons:

Nothing - very happy with the current functionality.

2 weeks ago

Grant, thanks a lot for your feedback! We are very pleased to hear that ISL Online has been a valuable asset to your Help Desk and Sales Team over the years. Thank you for your trust!

Neil
Operations Manager in UK
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

Feedback on ISL

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Unfortunately, I have very little experience of using ISL light as i am the Manager of my team. However, I know that my engineers use this product on a daily basis to monitor our systems. The thing i like most about ISL light is that we are able to see if our systems are up and running using the remote monitoring.

Cons:

The thing i like least about ISL light is when my engineers experiencing issues logging on to the system meaning we are unable to check our systems are working.

last month

Neil, thank you for sharing your feedback!

Direktor in Slovenia

Complete solution

Pros:

IT is easy to use, it is easy to integrate, it have all solutions what we need

Cons:

The solution is not widely used and many customers need to be explained how to use it.When using it for the first time, it is necessary to click several times

Ryan
IT Manager in UK
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Great for on-demand remote support

Pros:

Work's great for us - we have a link on our website for customers to use which takes them to a branded ISL page for them to enter the support code. Has the ability to take full admin access as well which is great for those locked down scenarios. The new iOS/Android option is fantastic for supporting mobile apps!

Cons:

No real issues from our side - if our help desk staff were able to easily see who is using the sessions that would help us. (Occasionally someone might leave a session open which uses a license)

Jassen
IT Manager in UK
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic Remote Software Tool

Comments: It is an amazing tool that I can't do without. It was instrumental in supporting users during the pandemic, and continues to be invaluable in my day to day administration tasks. Heartily recommended.

Pros:

I can convenient access and remote support all users and devices within the business. I can use this from any location with Internet access, and feel secure knowing I'll be able to get to a machine whether unattended, or through user authorisation.

Cons:

I'd like more mobile support features. This looks to be in development.

Marko
IT manager in Slovenia
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use, great to work with

Pros:

In 20 years in IT I have tested a lot of remote support applications. But I found that ISL Light is the best of them to use and recomend. Also customers find it easy to run and recive support from our team.

Cons:

The only option I miss is SMS notification with support code so it would be able to connect one-time later if you dont want to install ISL always on.

Will
ICT support Co-Ordinator in UK
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

ISL review

Comments: Really good and easy to use software for both us IT and the End user, not overcomplicated and I think anyone could use it

Pros:

Remote restarts are really good, we use when quick assist does not work on the client machine and being able to log into the admin account remotely is a life saver

Cons:

Session codes being 8 digits is a bit of a pain sometimes, I think a 6 digit code is good enough.

Alejandro
IT in Mexico
Executive Office, 51–200 Employees

Easy remote access/support solution with multiple options

Comments: We offer support to company owned and employee owned PCs, and also support business partners that require access to our systems for our business relationship. For company owned equipment we used to install another remote support product, but we can't do that on most of not-owned equipment, so ISL became a great help since we do not need to install anything, just provide the session ID so they can join when they need and be confident no one will be accessing their property beyond that particular moment.

Pros:

When you need to provide support or remote access (attended or unattended) it is a simple solution, easy to use, several alternatives to grant access in variety of OS's and circumstances and cost competitive.It isn't cluttered with functions that may work in some cases but in others are completely unnecessary.

Cons:

No "bundles" for several users in small companies, those with need of many simultaneous users are likely to be really big and this situation works at their favor (btw, those are the ones that may need the extra functions from other competitors), but for small companies (using 1-2 simultaneous users) add an extra channel means doubling the cost. Even with that unpleasant situation still cost competitive.

Ian
Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Reliable product, competitively priced, easy to use

Comments: This allows our team of 4 to easily support hundreds of end users each day with all manner of issues. We are able to integrate the download from our website as well as invite our clients to support sessions via email.

Pros:

Easy to use on Windows devices. Good information fed back through dashboard. Quick, reliable connection. Spans all screens for remote computer.

Cons:

If the extra cost for multi connections per user were cheaper we would definitely go for it. However we do appreciate that the overall cost is very competitive vs other products.

Marco
Managing Director in Germany
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

ISL Light Server License - Remote Support at a Glance

Comments: With ISL Always On I can access my computers (even via RDP) and work remotely. In the end, I would really recommend it if you are looking for a solution that you can run yourself.

Pros:

In 2011 we were looking for a solution which was able to run on on own server. Finally, after comparing existing solutions (also from price perspective) we started with ISL Light.Since then we experience a good and stable solution, which is regularly updated and maintained. The software is running without issues and is just doing what we expect from it - helping us in remote support, working from home (also via RDP) and my favorite aspect -> installed in my own environment.

Cons:

The admin area to update and maintenance the software could be a little bit more modern, but finally everything is reachable and working.

Safet
CEO in Sweden

ISL LIGHT - 100% right - Support Remotly

Comments: Really good product

Pros:

Comprehensive product for remote support. Developed - maintained - and runs in EU. Easy to instruct users to install on client computers.

Cons:

We would like to have access to a reseller portal

Michele
CTO in Italy

Easy and effective

Comments: We use ISL to give technical support on customer's machines. It is super easy to install, since the executable files come already setup to connect to company account. Connection is reliable and fast.

Pros:

Lightweight executable, can be used in all platforms. User management interface very effective.

Cons:

Some issues in RDP tunnelling on MacOs. Tricky to set-up on auto-scaling cloud machines (not critical at the moment). It would be great to be able to ask for help by raising a flag on AlwaysOn (so that at operator side we know which machine raised it).

Christian
Technical account manager in Norway
Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

Fast and not bloated

Comments: Remote management of external PC players for digital signage software for 500 players at different locations.
A key success factor in delivering our service.

Pros:

Fast and reliable software for controlling remote computers. All functions you would expect like file transfer, keyboard shortcuts, focus on quality or speed. Web interface, PC client and Android client for remote management. You could help your customers even when gone shopping with the wife! Firewall friendly.

Cons:

Last time I've checked it does not offer support for taking control of android units.

4 years ago

We offer remote control for Samsung, Cyrus and rooted Android devices. With other devices, remote viewing is possible. Best regards, Domen Vidmar, ISL Online Team

Alessio
CXO in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

The most secure and stable remote connection sofware

Pros:

It's very easy to use and to configure. You have the integration of this software on your portal You can use it also on smarthphone. Above all it hasn't reported any data security flaws

Cons:

The grafical interface should be improved in terms of modernity, but it's a detail

Marjan
CIO in Slovenia
Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

ISL Light during coronavirus lockdown

Comments: We have been using ISL Light to support AJPES users for many years. At the time of the coronavirus lockdown, system administrators had to quickly establish new VPN connections for most employees from their laptops or home computers, requiring additional ISL licenses for a short time. Provisional licenses were provided to us by the service provider immediately upon the first phone call, without additional payment and administration, for which we thank them very much. It's nice to know that you can count on a business partner when you need him.

Pros:

Easy to use Support in Slovene language

Johan
CEO in Netherlands
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

ISL is a proper tool for IT professionals / consultants to support their clients

Comments: We actually resell the product besides using it for ourselves.
I still believe its a good piece of software, support is good and the dutch distributor DCC is very friendly and gained a lot of knowledge about the products of ISL. Way better product then Teamviewer although i keep on waiting for a better experience with mac.....

Pros:

To be able to log in remotely without manual inteference from the client. Support reacts with knowledge and content. (no auto-message nonsense) The mobile app to give emergency support from a tablet/phone

Cons:

With mac clients there is no easy way to run the software from the desktop with an icon. Your client needs to download the software, run it and give consent, accept a securitywarning etc.. before you can actually take control of the remote PC / Mac

5 years ago

Hello, thank you for your review! I'm sorry to hear the experience with ISL software on a Mac computer is proving to be difficult. I have raised this issue with our team and we will look into ways of improving this functionality. Let me know if you will have any further questions or issues! Best regards, Domen Vidmar ISL Online Team

Tomaž
IT admin in Slovenia

Long time users

Comments: We use it constantly for more than 15 years. What more can I say?

Pros:

Main advantage for us is on-prem installation. We have very long sessions with technical support and buying per use was out of question. At the time, when we bought Isl Online (15+ years ago), no other option was available, so decision for own hosting was easy. The only other option at that time was german Net-Viewer, which was much more costly. Since then, we use it constantly. Reliable, easy to use, constantly developed.

Cons:

From admin point od view, there was some work and studying needed for on-prem installation. Confproxy (on-prem server software) configuration is quite challenging, options often poorly explained. From user's view, not much, really. We are so used to it, it is hard to pinpoint any imperfections.