15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Timetastic

Timetastic is the super-simple staff leave planner used by over 170,000 people to organise their time off work.

Learn more about Timetastic

Pros:

We tried out this software in our small business to track leave and vacation information and plan for the few employees we had. This is a great software and the price cannot be beat.

Cons:

Irregular whistles and bells (reminder tools) may be embarrassing at times, particularly if it comes during meetings.

Timetastic ratings

4.8
4.7
4.5
4.8

9.3/10

Timetastic has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 586 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Timetastic before?

Sarah
Sarah
Business Development Manager in Northern Mariana Islands
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

Vacation and Leave-Planning Made Simple

Comments: I would love to comment about Timetastic's customer service, but I have never had to use it. The program has very few glitches, provides vacation and leave information flawlessly, and meets my organizations leave management needs beyond what I hoped. I highly recommend this program.

Pros:

My company used to have four different managers who received time off requests, but the managers did not always communicate the leave schedule with the rest of the organization. Chaos ensued. With Timetastic, those same four managers still receive their time off requests, but once approved, the leave is scheduled and there for the whole organization to see. I especially appreciate the feature allowing each employee to have a designated approval person within the organization, rather than defaulting to Timetastic admin. My employees also love having consistent, easy access to their vacation time information. Employees are able to see, understand, and access their vacation time, making it easier for them to use.

Cons:

The settings feature is a bit confusing, but Timetastic continually heard and responded to improvement requests, making items like local holidays perfectly customizable. My one consistent criticism is that it sometimes takes a day for leave requests to sync with Google calendar, but that is a minor drawback considering the benefits of the program.

Imogen
Finance Manager in UK
Civic & Social Organization, 11–50 Employees

A real time saver!

Comments: We are really pleased with the software and think it will save us a lot of time in annual leave management. The service we've had has been great, everyone I've been in contact with has been very friendly and helpful. The 50% discount for Charities has also been a really great help for us and made the software much more accessible to us.

Pros:

The software is intuitive and easy to use. It copes well with the complexity of part time, flexible working that we have a lot of in our team. Being able to add a new schedule part way through the year is a great feature and will save us a lot of time going forward.

Cons:

We are tracking annual leave allowance by hours due to the varied working hours the team have (which is great), it would be great if there was a summary to equivalent days as well though so it was quick and easy for the employee and manager to see how much holiday was left in days rather than hours. It would also be useful to set a secondary approver for times when the first approver is off or away.

Kate
Team Coordinator in UK
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

Timetastic Coments / Review

Comments: Its great to have so we know the whereabouts of the team as not everyone keeps an Outlook Calendar. Also people don't always have to ask me!! The guys are very efficient / on the ball at answering my questions.

Pros:

Its great to have a picture of all team members and where they are - be it on leave, on site etc. Easyish to use when people get the hang. Some people have trouble getting on in the first place (I think may be user error). Good for resourcing (when used properly).

Cons:

If we could have a bit more flexibility with leave etc. that has been input if we need to cancel just one day out of 7 for example. You need to cancel the whole request and resubmit. More colours for categories would be good too.

Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use, Easy to deploy, Easy to manage

Comments: Strong experience. Can't fault it. Never fails, easy to use. Simple yet effective.

Pros:

Timetastic is a great piece of software for any company. The ease of use and most importantly the visibility / clarity is second to none in terms of other products I've seen.

Cons:

Not a lot, it does what it says. Perhaps better reporting would be beneficial. It's annoying that we have a system for this and a second system for HR management. Would be better if we had this as an all in one. Long terms we'd move away from timetastic once we get something that integrates both.

Seamus
IT Manager in Ireland
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Great for Leave management

Comments: Timetastic have been very helpful in uploading users onto the system and assisting with any queries we have had. Also in the 4 years we have used Timetastic there has been a lot of useful new functionality added.

Pros:

Timetastic is easy for employees to use to request holidays and track leave days remaining, days in Lieu, etc. Also straightforward to setup users and approvers for each dept. Support has been very quick to respond to any queries we have had.

Cons:

It does everything we want and is straightforward.

Ashley
Administrative Assistant in UK
Performing Arts, 201–500 Employees

Excellent and efficient product!

Comments: Its been really positive, and we have had nothing but good reviews from all of our staff users.

Pros:

I love how user friendly this product is. It allows for cross department visibility and heightens communication across the users. I also like how great the help guides are for all staff to use.

Cons:

I wish that there was a "day swap" feature, for staff who perhaps work 4 days a week, sometimes they swap their working days around within the same week.

Becky
COO in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Timetastic the tool every HR manager needs

Comments: It's a great tool that has simplified the process of managing and tracking all types of leave for our employees. The process is simple for employees to request and track their own leave and for admin/managers to approve or decline. You can add all different types of leave including maternity, compassionate, sick leave, training, lieu and holiday plus more. You can view everyones calendar and scheduled leave all at once showing a snapshot of who is off when. Timetastic is an excellent resource for HR managers.

Pros:

As a small non profit it is incredibly affordable and efficient. Before this we were tracking leave inefficiently on a spreadsheet. Timetastic has been a gamechanger for us and is a system thats well worth it.

Cons:

There isnt anything I dont like about Timetastic

Katie
Human Resource Manager in UK
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Good System

Pros:

I like the ease of being easier able to view staff holidays

Cons:

I don't like the data download report and it does not show historic days booked off. I have to take a photo of screen before deleting old employees for ease.

Alex
Director in UK
Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Excellent System

Comments: Very helpful system. Simple to use and transformed our clunky manual process.

Pros:

Ease of use, great user interface, cost effective.

Cons:

None that I can think of - it fulfils all our current needs.

Lesley
Chief Financial Officer in UK
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Good but not amazing......

Pros:

The ease of implementation and roll out to users.

Cons:

The lack of flexibility around leave types and not being able to book "hour" slots

Timetastic Response

4 months ago

Hi Lesley, Might be worth you reaching out to our support team [email protected]  You can deffo book in "hour" slots, our team will be able to show you how. Thanks

Alistair
General Manager in UK
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

A perfect tool for SMB's to manage their absence calendars

Comments: By using Timetastic, we have reduced the chore of recording absences in multiple places from a six stage process down to two. At the same time we have been able to provide staff with access to the system via the app which allows them to see an overall picture of holiday requirements within the company on a 24/7 basis so they can make decisions about whether or not they will be able to book time off in a particular period..

Pros:

Timetastic gives you an extremely quick and simple way to manage all kinds of staff absences from holidays to sickness days and is flexible enough to be able to cover most scenarios within a business. In a world where some software is priced at a level where small businesses cannot even contemplate using it, Timetastic provides an excellent solution at an excellent per user price, and all without trying to lock you in to a restrictive contract term. Everything about the program is well designed and user friendly - staff love the ability to be able to request holidays at any time 24/7 using the app.

Cons:

There is not a lot to dislike about Timetastic, it does what it says on the tin. I could do with a couple of small features adding but they are just particular quirks to the way we work and may not be needed by everyone.

Operations Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Easy Time

Comments: Since implementing Timetastic we have removed the possibility of holiday forms not being completed or being lost. It has removed the use of paper so no time consuming filing away after.
The staff can check to see if they can book time off and dont have to wait for time approval anymore, so makes booking a holiday quicker and easier.
You can set the maximum number of staff off per team so this avoids people trying to book same time off.

Pros:

It has simplified the booking time off process for our staff, we use for annual leave, medical appointments, sickness records, training/exams. It is so easy to book time off either via the app on mobile or the website, staff can see what time they have left. For Managers you can see how many days your staff have left, days off sick and an overview of the company so you can see who is in and out. The mobile app makes boking time off so easy and can be used even when not at work. It makes the approval process easy for management and avoids double booking.

Cons:

Even though there is a RSS feed into Outlook, the users used to receive an email with a calendar invite attached so wen they accepted this the entry appeared in their own Outlook calendar this in turn would sync back into our PSA (ConnectWise). Would love this feature back or integration into ConnectWise.

Director in UK
Printing, 2–10 Employees

Helping People Manage Leave Time

Comments: Overall Timetastic works well without any problems, very reliable, all the people in our organisation love being able to see who's off, and when they can book time off in the comfort of the armchair at home, without having to wait until they are back at the office to quiz the wall calendar or the manager. Time off becomes a discussion at home, leaving the office free to do work.

Pros:

Staff and managers can submit and confirm time for leave at a glance, helped by Timetastic flagging a warning that too many people may be on leave at the same time, which could result in a staffing problem. The software also sends notifications to all parties to confirm the action that has been taken and agreed, whether it be to confirm the leave or to explain why leave was not granted.

Cons:

No cons that I can think to mention, some may think that this can be done through Google or iCal, but neither of these calendars are independent, so they don't send the messages which keep your paperwork / paper trail complete making sure that you as a manager / business owner have the correct information to hand if there should be a dispute. Timetastic can be integrated with Google and iCal for viewing purposes.

Abram
IT Specialist in Netherlands
Apparel & Fashion, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use no-nonsense approach to employee leave

Comments: Overall experience is great. Software does what it says on the box and does so in a way that the more feature-rich competition can be jealous of. Just be aware that slightly bigger companies might run into some limitations.

Pros:

Our company started a trial with Timetastic a couple of years ago, and haven’t looked back. While the feature set can be limiting for some, the features that are there work great and are easy to understand for our employees.

Cons:

Timetastic is a great solution for people working regular hours. It can become a bit complicated if you have people with alternating or changing work schedules. Due to the size of the development team and their goals, I’m not expecting this to change anytime soon, so workarounds will be required.

Susan
Dispensing Optician/Store Manager in Jersey
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Easy way to manage staff holidays and days off.

Comments: No more holiday requests on bits of paper and staff know where their days off fall without having to ask all the time - we run a 'rolling day off' system (day off Monday week one, Tuesday week 2 etc). I can drop in days off 6 months to a year in advance.

Pros:

Quick and easy to set up and start using. Robust and stable. Even the least tech savvy employees can get to grips with it. Like that employee gets an email if I make any changes to their work days. We always discuss with them before any changes but the email makes sure they don't forget.

Cons:

Would rather employees couldn't cancel leave once it had been authorised, however once staff had been instructed that they weren't allowed to do this they stopped.

Imogen
Office Manager in UK
Design, 51–200 Employees

Excellent tool with excellent support!

Pros:

So easy to use, I am the administrator and it is so simple and not time consuming to manage users, departments and individual queries from users. It is also wonderful to sign people up to a service and know that you literally don't have to give any guidance because the service is so intuitive. I have also emailed them several times over the past three years with requests for features - many of which they have done!

Cons:

Nothing - probably that I wish they did a similar version where you could use internally only to monitor sickness/absence - we are still using spreadsheets and having Timetastic manage it would be ideal!

Nedjalko
CTO in Bulgaria
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Great system for company holiday planning

Comments: We've been using Timetastic for more than 4 years and we love how simple it is to book a holiday request both from desktop or mobile. Google apps (SSO) and Slack integrations are great way to keep everyone on the same page. The value and functionality we get for the money is unmatched anywhere else!

Pros:

- Simple interface and takes less than 30 sec. to book a holiday. Takes even less to approve it. - Integration with Slack - User management integration with Google Apps (SSO) - Its really simple to use and saves time - Price is unmatched anywhere else

Cons:

- Timetastic can add more integrations and extend the features of the department functionality

Amy
Studio Manager in UK
Computer Games, 11–50 Employees

Good software for us as a small company

Comments: good to be able to keep track of everyone's leave and what type of leave they have.

Pros:

Easy to use, cheap - a good start to leave tracking

Cons:

- I really want to be able to have dual approvers for annual leave - Would be great if you could cancel just a portion of leave. eg if someone cancels a day off a week of their leave, would be good to be able to cancel just one day of that, rather than cancelling the whole thing and then re-adding it. - would be good to be able to change the type of leave once it's already booked in (eg. if you add it accidentally as holiday but it should be sick leave)

Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

“Excellent Staff Management”

Comments: Timetastic is a staff leave solution made for public administrators and major companies. The application offers an electronic way to notate staff leaves and track their attendance.

Pros:

Users can choose Timetastic and prevent the hassles of managing old fashion spreadsheets.

Cons:

The user interface is plain. Timetastic should add more features.

Jo
Executive Assistant in UK
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Keeping track of staff leave

Comments: Very happy and is nice and easy to administer

Pros:

Once set up it is very easy to use for the administrator and staff. Able to set a range of leave types colour coded which is great for me Holds a lot of relevant data, start date, birthday etc. Leave can be set for hourly or daily bookings, we converted to hourly due to a high number of part time staff.

Cons:

I have not been able to reset the leave year we are moving from Jan - Dec to match our financial year so 1st Oct to 30th September it means I need to take everything off and reload all the data.

Construction, 11–50 Employees

Should you or should you not use Timetastic?

Comments: In the three years I have been using this software I have found it to be the most reliable friend I have in the office! It keeps track of everyone's holiday, allows colleagues to use the app on their phones as well as their lap tops, lets me run reports when I want to and doesn't ask me to do anything in return.
Fabulous!

Pros:

The simplicity of use. New colleagues have found it simple to use with very little explanation and as an administrator I have found it simple to keep track of holiday entitlement as well as run off reports when needed.

Cons:

I really have no problems with this software.

Head of Development in UK
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Allows us to focus on doing business not doing HR

Comments: Using Timetastic has automated an annoying part of our business. Our employees and managers can see exactly how much holiday allowance is available/has been used and sick days have become much less irritating.

Pros:

We can see at a glance who will be available. Holiday requests no longer interrupt my workflow. Reports on employee sick/holiday usage. Pricing is excellent. Booking sick leave on an hourly basis is also an excellent feature.

Cons:

Would love a daily summary email Would love Microsoft Teams integration, similar to Slack.

Juan Carlos
Juan Carlos
Analyst in Spain
Banking, 501–1,000 Employees

Simple and great

Comments: Timetastic is great for me to see the dates all employees have requested time off, it's easy to see who needs time off and when.

Pros:

Simple and easy to use. Love the way the vacation amount is calculated based on the start date, very helpful. It also makes it easier for people to check other people's booked holidays before submitting a request, which reduces the time it takes to confirm a time.

Cons:

The calendar layout and wall view overview could use an update for more flexibility. It would be nice if you could cancel part of the holiday instead of canceling the whole request and rebooking.

Sandra
compliance manager in UK
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Timetastic is fantastic

Comments: Whenever I have had a query (not often), the help desk has been there for me and solved it. And any suggestions have been listened to and actioned. The team is great.

Pros:

It's so easy to use. It has made my life as leave/sickness administrator very much simpler and saves me a lot of time. App is great. It's value for money. I like the back-up system. It's easy to use for staff, including using the App when on the go.

Cons:

no negatives. It forces me more words so here we go.............

Lee
Head of Production in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for our business!

Comments: Like Timetastic we are a small business, and our lives revolve around making software as slick as theirs, we needed a system that both our team and our management could interact with ease, and take great value from it. Timetastic achieves this with ease.

Pros:

I manage leave requests here and it literally could not be easier, the mobile app is also a perfect accompaniment. We are a very flexible team and have bespoke leave requests such as Working Remotely, Birthday Holiday and Doctors Appointment etc. The Wall Chart feature allows me to see at a glance where the team are on any given week.

Cons:

I can't think of anything to be honest!!