About Shelf

Shelf is an AI first knowledge platform that helps businesses compete with fast answers to customer and employee questions

Learn more about Shelf

Pros:

Cons:

I can't say anything about negative sides of Shelf, because I have not seen it yet.

Shelf ratings

4.8
5.0
4.6
4.8

9.4/10

Shelf has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 89 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Shelf before?

Jordanne
Jordanne
Manager of Family and Community Engagement in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Excellent resource for maintaining quality control and communication across our organization

Comments: My overall experience with SHELF has been incredibly positive. First and foremost the customer service and personal attention has been wonderful. I never go more than a few hours without answers to my questions and they are always ready to listen and work on any issues I am having no matter how minor. I really feel like they take their clients wants and needs into account as they develop updates and the response that I have gotten from my own organization has been overwhelmingly positive.

Pros:

This software is incredibly user friendly and I have really appreciated the ability to create separate libraries for all of the different stakeholders in my organization. It makes the navigation of the resource super intuitive for my staff and allows everyone to put their hands on what they need exactly when they need it. The ability to store and share a multitude of different file types as resources has also been invaluable.

Cons:

There is not much I don't like about the software but one update that I am eagerly anticipating is the ability to upload and have a master copy of a resource in my organization library and have it replicated in other libraries. This will cut down on the amount of uploads and also allow us to have stronger version control on resources that we use across the organization and across our different regions.

Jared
WFO Supervisor in US
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The Best Knowledge Base Software

Comments: SHELF has been great! Before SHELF I created a website knowledge base for us to use, noting my website didn't have a good search feature, the ability to create folders, nor the real feel of a knowledge base. Getting SHELF helped us finally step into the real world of knowledge bases, and the work they have put into this web based software is superior. I am enjoying my time with it, and the ease of use of SHELF has made it an outstanding product.

Pros:

One of the features of this product is its online! I love the option of having it web based, and not downloaded onto your PC, giving access where ever I go. The Ease of use is fantastic! It doesn't take much to learn, and has the ability for anyone to be able to pick up and use. If you are familiar with social media (Twitter for example) you will feel right at home with the hashtag feature.

Cons:

The only issue ive had with the software would be, my agents didn't care to much for the intergration with NiCE Incontact. We tried this and the window would be to small or to big, causing the agents frustration when answering calls. It would always pop up, and the agents would of liked the ability to be able to click it when they need it, instead of the popping up with every call.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub and LiveAgent

Reasons for Switching to Shelf: The ease of use! the others didn't have the robust features we need like SHELF had. SHELF was easy to use, and it just had better layouts than the others we looked at.

Vincent
Business Intelligence in US

Excellent Knowledgebase Management Tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I have been using Shelf for a long time and I am extremely impressed with its knowledge management and content organization capabilities. The software allows for quick search and categorization of all our files and information. This greatly reduces time and improves efficiency because there is no confusion about outdated or incorrect material. It is easy to manage permissions and sharing. My company likes to use it to onboard new employees since it is easy to set up a series of well-documented product and training guides. Overall, it's an excellent knowledgebase management tool and the Shelf team has been very supportive.

Pros:

The product is intuitive and straightforward. Shelf provides admins with detailed analytics and control features. It also integrates well with the other applications that my organization uses. For typical users, the software's design as well as search make finding documents quick and seamless.

Cons:

The knowledgebase management tool is great for any textbase documents, but it lacks features that can be improved if it offered better functionality and scaling of specific file types.

Don
Head of Operations in India
Research, 11-50 Employees

Cloud Based Knowledge Management System

Comments: We wanted a product that would help us manage our knowledge better. The product is good , but the overall speed / refresh rate is poor in-spite of us using more than 50 mbps.

Pros:

The search features , quick customer care responses and online tutorials.

Cons:

The speed and the sense that they were learning the functionalities of the product on the job.

Karianne
Competence & Quality Manager in Finland
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees

Status quo - using Shelf

4.0 last week New

Comments: I really love to work with Shelf. I think it is modern design, easy to use and really good search-function.

Pros:

I really like how easy it is to create and manage content in Shelf. It is also easy to invite new users, create usergroups and change userroles. Maintenence function with directly feedback from user is so good and help us to structure and document all kind of changes we do. I think the sync between Feedback and CPW could be better, because you need to be an collaborater to solve the connection between feedback/publish function. Maybe it also is because I do not know how i should use it correct, though..

Cons:

I miss the possibility to create a even more personal business layout at the front page. I want to explain for all the users how Shelf is build for our company, how you should use it and it when they should use it. I also miss an function where you can assign GEMs directly to owner of the document. For example there should be an function when you create a GEM to select an user who is responisble for keeping that document up to date or that other people in the organization could know easier who is responsible for this manual/routine.. Now they only can see who's created or last changed the document.. That is not good enough for us so we have started to use the category-function for assignee different document to different "users/teams/departments"

Rudy
Rudy
Knowledge Content Specialist in Spain
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very good and well-rounded tool

Comments: Very good. I'd definitely recommend it

Pros:

I really liked the diversity of knowledge content one can create. Decision trees and wikis were the most important for us, and we found them tremendously useful.

Cons:

The visuals of the frontend seemed a bit rudimentary, and we weren't able to modify or customize them.

Alternatives Considered: Talkdesk, Kipwise, Guru and Kustomer

Reasons for Choosing Shelf: The tool had technical limitations that made it necessary for us to find a more powerful tool/platform.

Switched From: Helpjuice

Reasons for Switching to Shelf: Especially because of the diversity of knowledge content. We needed to create decision trees or the like in order to present our users with guided workflows. That was impossible to do with the alternatives.

Brian
Technical Support Manager in US
Industrial Automation, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Shelf Partners with OPEX

Comments: Great team to work with and I look forward to the next several years of this partnership.

Pros:

I love the application, but I really love the partnership I have with my Shelf Team. They have been a great resource for us building this tool.

Cons:

Honestly I have not found anything I don't like. It's easy to manage and build.

Anna Lena
Junior Customer Care Specialist in Germany
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

Shelf is a real game changer

Pros:

I use Shelf mainly to bundle internal knowledge and make it available to other departments and external providers. I especially appreciate the versatile and yet simple use of Shelf.

Cons:

For me there is no contra in the use of Shelf. Before we used another knowledge management tool which I was not convinced of in many points. Shelf on the other hand has everything I expect.

Maiju
Development & Training Specialist in Finland
Financial Services Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Shelf review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Our KM system was jurassic before Shelf and it has improved the quality of our work in all the departments that are using it. We don't have knowledge silos anymore and new agents don't feel so overwhelmed because our instructions are so accessible. Now our instructions are actually up to date thanks to the feedback option: it used to take forever to update them, but now that the agents are able to give instant feedback, our instruction quality is way up.

Pros:

The best thing about Shelf is the overall easiness to do things. It really doesn't give you any gray hairs during implementation, gem creation or training. Shelf's staff is accessible if you need support and Shelf seems to be open to suggestions and feedback.

Cons:

I'd say that the feature I'd like to see developed the most is the search. It does work already but it would be great if it was a bit more flexible with misspelling and such.

Riku
Development Manager in Finland
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees

Review

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Word search is the best part of this.

Pros:

The ease of use for searching information.

Cons:

That you can't put excels in shelf, but it not that big of a deal.

Maddy
Senior Analyst, Service Desk in Australia
Higher Education Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Shelf - a contact center agent's best mate!

Comments: Very easy to use, user-friendly platform. As a call centre agent, I rely on effective search results and shelf delivers this on a daily basis. A very friendly, efficient and supporting customer team!

Pros:

- Integrated into digital call centres. - Easy to use search with powerful search results - Decision trees to manage complex processes

Cons:

Unavailability of a html editor to edit content.

Ian
Training Specialist in US
Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 Employees

Shelf is fantastic.

Pros:

Shelf is both intuitive and powerful. Adding content is very simple from a user standpoint, and the search and organization tools, such as connected gems, make it very quick and simple for users to find what they need. The recent addition of Content Maintenance, where users can leave feedback on specific gems as they're viewing them, has been an invaluable feature that we've already used heavily to improve our libraries.

Cons:

Shelf is very resource intensive, which makes sense as it's got a lot of content and data it has to read and process, but this also makes loading gems take a few seconds longer than I'd like sometimes.

Dani
CFO in US
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Perfect solution for all forms of media - audio, video, pictures

Pros:

Content is easy to find and searchable for all users based on tagging system, which is easy to use; content can be shared across all of our teams; reduces duplication; affordable; syncs with Google drive and drop box; very easy to drag and drop files and folders

Cons:

There is no built in CRM tool, and this would be really useful t have accessible. Would also be great if this would integrate with Outlook. Takes some time to put the content you want on the platform but well worth it once it is set up and ready to use.

Wendy
Knowledge Base Administrator in US
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Shelf 7 Month Check In

Comments: I really enjoy working with Shelf. It's easy to navigate and search. We've had excellent feedback when opening it up within our organization and I'm excited to see how we can grow with Shelf.

Pros:

I love the collaboration aspect of Shelf and the ratings. This is how we're using Shelf to keep our content current and it's extremely helpful to view the comments/ratings to see how or if the content is being used. I'm also very happy that Shelf is adding a feature where multiple items can be in different folders as much of our content can be cross-referenced.

Cons:

I would love to have more control over the tags list as that needs to be constantly curated and I hate bugging the client rep to do it.

Sophia
Trainer in Ukraine
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Shelf usage

Pros:

It is easy to use; There is a possibility with CRM integration; Wide range of functions related to knowledge base management.

Cons:

Sometimes it takes some time to create decision trees, but I believe it is a force of habit.

Alternatives Considered: Guru

Reasons for Choosing Shelf: It was a company's decision.

Switched From: Helpjuice

Reasons for Switching to Shelf: It was a company's decision, don't know :)

amanda
Business Intelligence Analyst III in US

Shelf is a game changer

Comments: we are very much enjoying Shelf and are excited to continue to onboard new departments to Shelf!

Pros:

Shelf has allowed Granite teammates to store and share vital information for day to day jobs. It has allowed us to easily share content between teams that had no capability of doing so previously. The search functionality it top-notch and allows people to find what they need as quickly and simply as possible!

Cons:

bulk add tool & the ability to add people directly to user groups when adding to shelf

Edita
Quality Specialist in Bosnia
Professional Training & Coaching, 201-500 Employees

Find everything faster and you know it's the correct article

Comments: Some of the platform are just big theory that doesnt help at all. This is nicely constructed so you can find fast what you need. It helos a lot when you are doing analyses and you need to fast check some procedures

Pros:

I liked the tree option, plus implementation onto the other platform is very useful! For now there is no complains, nor from me or others users. Its a very good platform especially when you wanna help others to teach them some procedures better

Cons:

As I said no complaints so far, I am not using it for long, but in this time its very much useful!

Alikhan
Agent in Kazakhstan
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees

Review for knowledge base Shelf

Comments: There were not any problems. I loved the platform.

Pros:

It is very comfortable in usage. There a lot of functions and features.

Luis
Luis
Owner in US

Amazing internal knowledge base!

Pros:

We use Shelf as our knowledge base and onboarding tool for IT employees. We like how easy it is to organize different media (text, links to online articles, uploaded files, audio files, image files, video files, etc) into groups and folders. It integrates well into our existing systems and serves as our main focal point for organization.

Buff
Buff
President in US

Great product and great customer service!

Comments: We use Shelf with our Center of Emphasis service.

Pros:

The easy-to-use organizational structure and web clipper are both superb for curating, organizing and tagging information items into digital libraries. OCR enabled search within all digital media including web content, documents, images, videos, presentations, media types and tags provides our users with fast and actionable views of even vast volumes of content.

Cons:

I wish they had created Shelf sooner. There are very few collaborative taxonomy programs available and even fewer with the features and functionalities of Shelf.

Nikolija
call agent- customer support in Bosnia

I recommend Shelf because it is easy to use

Pros:

It is easy to use, for our job it is an important thing

Cons:

I really don't have anything to write here

Dana
US
, 2-10 Employees

Brilliant!

Comments: This is such a great product! An absolutely brilliant idea that has completely streamlined my work processes and save me time every day.

Pros:

Being able to search by multiple functions, like file type, keywords and date. Sometimes I know I have something, but can't remember what it was called or where or when I stored it. Shelf solves that problem.

Cons:

I wish they had more integrations, I want to use it with everything.

Nejra
Call Agent in Bosnia
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

Shelf is our best friend

Comments: I can resolve every curent or urgent situation by it's default, so it can be true and valid.

Pros:

It si easy to use, I have everything I need, all the informations. Every procedure is detaly written and explained

Cons:

I didn't find anything that this program don't have.

Ross
Director of Business Intelligence in US

Shelf Review

Pros:

Easily allows people to maintain and publish content to share information.

Cons:

I wish there were more controls on the tags that you could create to apply to content.

Rachel
Rachel
Marketing and Sales Support Manager in US
Publishing, 501-1,000 Employees

Used as a sales library

Pros:

The searchability is wonderful! You can search by keywords, tags, file format, date, etc. It makes it so easy to find exactly what is needed! It's clean and has an intuitive user interface. Saves everyone in the sales organization time because there is now no more searching the most up to date document of anything.

Cons:

It would be nice to be able to have the same document saved in the same place, but they have discussed that this is one of the features that they are currently working on building. Overall, great product!