Filter by:

• Overall

About Roadmunk

Roadmunk is an end-to-end roadmapping tool made for customer-driven product management.

Learn more about Roadmunk

IT Applications Project Manager in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best tool I've found to manage prioritization.

5 last year

Pros:

I am a PM who tons of internal clients and all of them believe their projects are the most important (naturally!). This has been a great way to show the sheer number of projects in flight and enable prioritization discussions.

Cons:

It's not really the software's fault but due to strict security regulations in my industry we haven't been able to standup the Jira integrations like we wanted.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk: Easier management and clearer timeline views.

Audrey C.
Product Manager in U.S.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Great for stakeholder alignment

4 last year

Pros:

Helps teams visualize priorities and capacity which makes it easy for alignment and clarification. Very easy to learn as you go in terms of which view works best for your team. They seems to be trying to make small continuous improvements throughout the year which is nice.

Cons:

Sometimes changes don't take which can be frustrating. A bit expensive so we have to limit how many people actually have an account. Wish there was a way to collect ideas from folks that don't have access but don't want to install a plugin.

Alex K.
CEO in Canada
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

Best roadmap software ever

5 2 years ago

Comments: Love Roadmunk and their software, they do a great job making it easier for everyone.

Pros:

The user experience and onboarding is absolutely brilliant. This is simply the best planning software for small-to-medium technology companies.

Cons:

No initial cons to discuss about Roadmunk. They are very receptive to feedback and their customer support is excellent.

Kamil R.
Kamil R.
CEO & Founder in Poland

Very cool tool for planning a big pictire

5 4 years ago

Comments: I get a big picture of what is going on in the company, and I can communicate the big picture to our team.

Pros:

I like how I can plan my team initiatives and present them easily in different views, different dimensions.

Cons:

Some technical stuff, like the fact that it need to reload everytime you make a change. I am also missing dependencies a lot in that.

Thomas F.
Product Manager in Denmark

User friendly and easy to create your company´s roadmap

4 2 years ago

Comments: By using Roadmunk we now have a clear and complete roadmap that provides overview and allows us to focus on the critical stuff.

Pros:

It is very easy to use, has the features and capabilities that is needed and that you can tailor roadmaps to fit your strategy.

Cons:

That you have to pay $5 per month per reviewer. I lack the option to "flag"/visualize features on the roadmap with a risk of delay

Alternatives Considered: ProductPlan and Aha!

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk: Functionality, easy to get started and better visual presentation

Julie L.
Product owner/Project manager in U.S.
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Good software but could improve for efficiency

5 last year

Comments: Overall, it's a good product. I like working with it. But I just feel that the tool need more polish on little things to make our life easier and decrease the number of hours we are spending creating our chart.

Pros:

The visual. It' s easy to customize your view.

Cons:

Painful to select the dates! Could have a copy paste opiton or we could type the dates instead of selecting it from the calendar. When you are working on a yearly roadmap, it's painful. This is not so easy to drag the different project, program, around. Dependencies management is weak. The visual is bad, the way we link the two task together is weird. I would like to be able to display Sub-task on the chart.

Anuj C.
Project Manager in Canada
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

A great way to visualize your companies long term strategy

4 2 years ago

Comments: visualize and align the business on a single long term strategic roadmap that involves a lot of crossfuntional project owners

Pros:

1. UX is well done 2. customize views

Cons:

1. be able to copy and paste timeline items so that I don't need recreate them (especially useful for when I have very similar timeline items that need minor tweaks after copying them).

Eric Y.
Senior Manager, Business Analytics Manager in U.S.
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees

Roadmunk Review

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Roadmunk has a very user friendly interface that allows for easy construction of roadmaps. Also it is a great visualization tools to clearly define and set when specific objectives will be completed.

Cons:

Conversion to images to display in other formats like Powerpoint isn't as powerful as hoped. The size sometimes is still an issue.

Erin D.
Marketing Manager in U.S.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Visual Learners - Must Have Tool

5 2 years ago

Comments: We use Roadmunk to keep track of big projects throughout the entire year. I can see what's coming and I know nothing is being dropped or forgotten.

Pros:

I love that this tool is great for visual learners. It keeps me on top of big projects and helps me feel in control at work. I quickly glance at my roadmap and know what I need to do for the next 30 days. It's a great tool.

Cons:

I would like for it to be easier to add tasks and projects in bulk instead of individually. Also, a lot of projects are reoccurring. I would like an option to select a reoccurring project or event.

Wayne O.
Director, PMO in Canada
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees

Roadmunk Review

5 last year

Pros:

Flexibility, intuitive, easy to understand, great graphics

Cons:

In ability to download readable views to single page for presentations etc

Mj F.
Associate Product Manager in Canada
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees

Visually appealing but has performance issues

3 last year

Pros:

- Creating beautiful roadmaps to present to internal stakeholders - The master roadmap feature makes our company's job a lot easier as we have multiple products on our portfolio

Cons:

- Performance. Takes a lot of time to load all of our features - It's hard to bulk edit items on the roadmap

Jennifer G.
Principal in U.S.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

New user

4 8 months ago

Comments: So far so good. As our project progresses I'm sure I'll use more of the features.

Pros:

I like that its sharable and easily editable. We have a large team for a project and everyone can see when tasks are scheduled

Cons:

I'm a new user so I haven't explored all the functions. Everything seems to be them when I'm ready, but my only critique are the colors avaialble.

Alián R.
Business Development in U.K.

Excellent option to visualize the big picture

5 2 years ago

Comments: I'm planning an overall improvement in the recruitment activities for my company, while other business development team members do the same for other fields like customer acquisition, finances, marketing and so on.

Pros:

I enjoy the different visualization options, it makes easier to get the whole picture about the plan, goals, etc.

Cons:

Was not so easy on the beginning to understand how to create the milestones.

Michelle R.
Product Manager in U.S.

Easy to use, but very slow

3 12 months ago

Comments: Easy to use, but overall we were not able to use this as our sole roadmap solution.

Pros:

It's easy to add items and drag/drop items to adjust timelines on roadmaps. Creating different views from the same list of items is a time saver.

Cons:

It's not easy to customize the look of each view, or the columns/headers and sub-headers. Adding items to a view are sometimes immediately filtered out, so you have to hunt the items down and update them to meet the filter criteria so they appear on your roadmap. The software itself if slow to load and almost impossible to edit while sharing your screen in a meeting.

Matt F.
Sr. Mobile Product Manager in U.S.

Great for what I need - high-level prioritization and roadmapping

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I like that it is stupid-simple to use, and lets me do high-level prioritization. I needed a tool where I could look globally at all of our epic-level initiatives and move them around as needed to have prioritization and trade-off discussions with leadership.

Cons:

At times it can be a bit slow...when I'm dragging things around quickly it can take a second or two to "catch up".

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing Roadmunk: Trello was great if you wanted more detail, but it was just too detailed and in-depth for what I needed.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Roadmunk: It was simpler.

Lisa H.
Director, Product Management in U.S.

Easy Roadmapping

4 2 years ago

Comments: This tool achieves the ability for my team to be able to quickly update and manage the roadmap and create different views to address questions and needs of our company and clients. I really love this tool and all the options I have.

Pros:

I love the ability to create roadmaps and views on the fly. I can update the data easily and create new views that address the needs of my business and help the teams I work with visualize the roadmap in different lenses. It's easy to use and the new sub-topic option is perfect for the types of complex products and feature sets we manage.

Cons:

The only thing, which I hope is addressed in a future release, is the ability to view the sub-topics on the timeline view of the roadmaps in sub-lines that are linked instead of the current hover option. When printing and/or sharing, we need the ability to show those items on the timeline view in detail as well.

Bobbie D.
Manager, Curriculum Development in U.S.
Maritime, 201-500 Employees

Pleasantly Surprised Every Time I Use Roadmunk

4 last year

Comments: I am the sole user on our team, and the only one 'playing' with the product to get the most out of it. I don't have very much time, but when I am able to dedicate attention to entering our broad-ranging roadmapping wishlist items, I always walk away a little bit delighted and a little bit excited about what we'll be able to show. It does take strategy to make decisions about what fields to include, and that is the tough part to figure out. I scheduled office hours for a 1:1 coaching session, and it was incredibly helpful. The consultant 'got me' exactly. Just the right amt of info for that moment. Of course I'll have more.

Pros:

Roadmunk strikes the right balance between allowing you to add custom fields your data and providing prompts and formats for you to include common fields for roadmapping. One example is the ability to toggle between setting dates and putting in buckets. Hand in hand with that is a UI and nomenclature that is on-target and mostly avoids introducing confusion. Care was obviously taken in this respect. I can also say that the sharing options (to HTML, etc.) are what absolutely seals the deal. Stakeholders can have access to the (constantly updated) product without forcing them to have accounts.

Cons:

Sub-items are sluggish to add and move around. As someone who is a power user of Gannt charting programs, it's a little bit of a challenge to get used to the way sub-items work in Roadmunk. I would like to see the ability to configure views so that you can roll up all sub-items under a parent and treat the parent as the only thing that matters in that view. That said, I'm really glad the functionality is included, and I'm optimistic about the evolution. I also don't like how pale and small some of the UI elements are. I have some mild visual impairment, so the colors help a lot. I would like to see the ability to scale up or down the ratio of colored area to text size.

Rich H.
Director of Product in U.S.
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees

Roadmunk Rocks

5 2 years ago

Comments: Best customer support from any company I have ever encountered. Their overall Product Management culture is also exemplary. I use Roadmunk not only for their awesome product but as a benchmark every day for our client support and product teams!

Pros:

Ability to use Roadmunk as feature prioritization tool (and getting better!) and then automatically create beautiful and functional visualizations from same Item list. Terrific for communal efforts and exec/customer presentations.

Cons:

Lack of font support (without having to use markup language) for Item Descriptions... needs better formatting control. Lack of ability to “create JPG etc” of Item list. Need for presentations of product feature list. (CSV export not helpful for this, sorry!)

Ivan D.
Senior engineering manager in U.K.
Computer Games, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Expensive, but worth it if you're serious about roadmaps

4 last year

Comments: Great, as a PO I'm on it every day. Amazing communication tool, helps me keep myplan together.

Pros:

Great visualization features. Very easy to use. Ability to create multiple views. Ability to change display of data on the fly - I've done that several times during a meeting to answer questions from stakeholders.

Cons:

Ability to document initiatives can be improved.

Tom S.
Product Director in U.K.

Great piece of kit.

5 5 years ago

Comments: I trialled a number of roadmapping products before eventually selecting Roadmunk, most of the big names. I found that for my needs almost all of the competition were hellishly complicated - I didn't need the strategy/business case definition in there, I don't need a JIRA integration, and I'm not managing hundreds of roadmaps. I was able to very quickly get up and running with Roadmunk and in a very short period of time got to what I needed - a view of the future which I could present to the Board to get sign off on the roadmap. I've since started using it for more than that - i plan in our architectural/platform roadmap, I use it to work out which of my team to assign to products, and so on. It's really powerful. My one qualm with the product is that the bulk of the dev/new features seems (understandably) to go on stuff for large customers, and isn't always relevant for my needs. But as I say, the product as it stands helps me a lot. Noah & the team have been super helpful whenever I've needed anything, too.

Pros:

It's incredibly easy to use, and because it's a well thought out product, it is flexible enough to most or all of my roadmapping needs.

Cons:

Can be difficult to use in presentations without a lot of work on the colouring.

Mike P.
Information Security Officer in U.S.
Financial Services Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great and Easy to Use Product!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Great experience! Would recommend and have recommended to colleagues.

Pros:

This software allows you to very easily track deliverables future and current. I would recommend this product to anyone that manages a large program.

Cons:

Two factor authentication should be an easily configured item on this tool to protect the data.

Anand I.
Anand I.
Enterprise Architect in U.S.
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very helpful roadmapping tool for Enterprise Architecture

4 last year

Comments: Excellent customer support and followup to ensure that I was successful using the product

Pros:

Ease of use, deployment and low threshold to adoption (intuitive interface and features reduce need for training and reasonable user licensing fees)

Cons:

Need support for additional formats to download and port the roadmaps.

Robert W.
PM in U.S.
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Solid Roadmapping Tool

4 2 years ago

Comments: The program provides a solid capability to demonstrate a project's roadmap, which I use to show from a feature point of view, a timeline and a milestone view. I can create a URL at the click of a button that users can view without a license. It's an interactive program and I still have much to learn, but in just using the basics, I have found it solid and useful.

Pros:

The best feature for Rodmunk is the ability to provide a URL for your roadmap that users can see without having to have a license. This way, others int eh company can follow progress with just clicking on a link which saves on time and I don't have to send email updates.

Cons:

The interface is a little clunky at first but has a very quick learning curve. There are many features I have still not learned to use but will with time.

Associate Online Marketing Manager in U.S.
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees

Roadmunk: The Project-Planning tool that's as powerful as the time you put into it.

4 2 years ago

Comments: Positive. We don't use it much at all, but it's a useful tool for project management.

Pros:

Roadmunk is useful for visualizing timelines and milestones for just about any project you decide to use it for, though it's probably best-used for IT purposes.

Cons:

There can be issues with timeline visualization when going between a spreadsheet with all of your projects, milestones, and dependencies, and translating that to timeline format.

Ahmed A.
process engineer in Sudan
Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Roadmunk review

4 4 months ago

Comments: good tool overall and very helpful , easy to use

Pros:

easy to use and managing multiple roadmaps at a time

Cons:

not much , working with more than one project could make the UI look bad , i would also say the price