15 years helping Canadian businesses

About UpKeep

UpKeep is rated the #1 mobile-first Facilities Management Software to streamline work orders, facility, and asset management.

Learn more about UpKeep

Pros:

Loved being able to just jump right in and create work orders. Keeping track of time and material cost was very helpful.

Cons:

Requester's sometimes log out of it and forget what their password is.

UpKeep ratings

4.6
4.7
4.4
4.5

8.9/10

UpKeep has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,333 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used UpKeep before?

Filter reviews (1,333)

Dirk
Dirk
Director of Operations in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Crucial Team Management

Comments: This creates the foundation for extensive maintenance records, historical tracking of problems, inventory, and more. It allows you to monitor your entire portfolio on a macro and micro level.

Pros:

Functionality. This cloud-based task manager functions at the level that works for you. Whether you're assigning basic tasks at a complex you own and manage or inspecting individually tagged pieces of hardware this is essential. The accountability from a required signature showing this task has been done is reassuring. Should there be a hang-up or question UpKeep's customer service is there to help you through it.

Cons:

The initial challenge is determining the depth at which to utilize this software most effectively. Whenever an organization chooses to go with a task manager, it is only effective as the degree to which your staff buys into it.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: As we grew we needed better tracking and filtering. We lacked the ability to pull the reports we needed before.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: The tailored approach to real estate.

5 years ago

Hi Dirk, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for UpKeep! We're so happy to hear that UpKeep is serving your team for tasks and projects big & small. The fact that the signature feature has provided a layer of accountability for your team is amazing! We're glad that the ability to historically track your work at a micro and macro level is helping you take the team to the next level. If you ever do need assistance in developing your maintenance program using UpKeep, feel free to reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager. Our team will follow up with you to connect your team to this dedicated resource. Thank you again for leaving us a great review. We really do take and appreciate your feedback seriously!

Rick
Facility Manager in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Perfect CMMS for my Needs

Comments: Using Upkeep has been an easy process, and it helps keep everything in one place. I also like the fact that our Operations Manager sees everything that I do, from creation of work orders, to updates, and completion of work orders.

Pros:

The free features are perfect for my use. My day is all about work orders, and being able to manage these work orders easily makes my day easier. We used to use paper work orders, which I had to fill out, file, and then track in another file. I would then need to create a separate report to send to the property team for review. I like having the ability to have everything in one place, without having to create so many separate reports.

Cons:

Nothing about this software is difficult to use. I do wish more was offered in the free version, such as reporting. I was able to use it during the free trial, but now am using the free version, in which reporting is only available in paid versions. I understand that this is how the company makes money, and I will be making the switch to a paid version when it is approved in our new budget. One thing that bugs me and hope gets fixed, is during the work order creation. I have over 120 locations and sub-locations. When I create a work order and choose the location, you should be able to begin typing the location in the box and it should self-populate the box. Right now, only the main locations will self-populate, not the sub-locations. I only have three main locations, and all the rest are sub-locations, so I have to scroll to search for the exact location I need. It's nothing major, but just an annoyance, and I hope this will be fixed soon so that any location will self-populate the box when you begin typing it.

Alternatives Considered: MAPCON and ManWinWin

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Pricing was better for what you get. ManWinWin was way to technical, and made more for factories. Mapcon may have worked and it seemed to be pretty user-friendly as well, and I did try their free trial, but it kept crashing my computer every single time.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

Up keep a worth to keep

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall it was fantastic. It was an amazing software. Everything was good to go and you'll love it too.

Pros:

From the word it self up keep it should be worth to keep system. It is very systematic and I could say it is very cheap for its price.This system is very easy to use and easy to access. It comes up with a user friendly mobile app.

Cons:

Nothing, it was very good app. Everything is responding good. You can also see how useful it is for us business owners.

Nolan
Buyer in US
Environmental Services, 51–200 Employees

Work orders works well on mobile app.

Comments: We began using Upkeep in 2021 at the start up of our new company. Our asset list includes over 300 units, 165 of them needing regular preventative maintenance. From the beginning, the approximate monthly user license fee near $100 seemed high, but not for a system that was sold to us as an all-encompassing platform. As it turns out, Upkeep fell far short of that level. We began using Upkeep prior to the preventative maintenance module roll out they use now, and right away we found that recurring work orders were not populating correctly, most notably re-using work order numbers (which should be unique), and not populating at the correct time. This was mostly solved when the PM roll out took place in 2022, but the amount of labor time on our end to correct this recurring work order problem was excessive to say the least. Tech support was very limited, in that they were only able to train in how to use the new module. It didn’t help that when they migrated away from recurring work orders to PM, the functionality ceased on all our existing work orders. Many of our assets had several months of missed maintenance due to this as we frantically tried to catch up. The PM module still took over a year to establish a working capability, with many bugs found and long delays for fixes. The work order function still worked very well, especially for the technicians using the mobile app. Aside from always requiring an internet connection. It took some time, but we were able to manipulate the software to sort work orders correctly. Purchase orders and parts brought around a host of new problems. The first, and most noteworthy, is that our accounting department, who only required viewing of PO’s that are in the system, required an administrator’s license. This took one of the very expensive licenses away from a technician for a user that didn’t need full unfettered access. In addition, there were no custom security variations that wouldn’t require a full license to simply view purchase order data. Regarding purchasing, inventory control and cost appropriations, it is important to note that to change the pricing of an individual item in Upkeep, one must update the part in their parts/inventory module. There is no function in a working PO that allows for updating of current price. This has two problems. First, as prices fluctuate from vendor to vendor and day to day, an updated last cost is very important. Second, when updating the price in Upkeep’s Parts module, the cost would update all work and purchase orders from the past, thereby adjusting overall costs of every PO, some of which were not due, and making them no longer match invoices to be paid. This also brings up a purchasing question that if costs are not available to be averaged, then a buyer cannot accurately predict and anticipate cost increases and make bottom line dollar saving decisions. Among these issues with parts and POs was the fact that vendor assignments are a secondary thought, taking a distant 6th position to “PO Title”, “Description”, and “Category” among other less important references. These problems truly spoke of a company and designers that had never used a proper purchase order or items/parts inventory control system. These concerns were not rectified by the time we changed software in August 2023. I don’t want to sound completely disparaged by Upkeep. Like I said before, the work order mobile app is very easy to use, and the learning curve is very shallow. Tech support always left something to be desired as well as we were presented with “workarounds” rather than solutions on a regular basis. Our annual “check-in” was with our original salesman, who was more interested in the analytics of how we paid our bill than how the software worked. When said salesman left the company, it took nearly three months to get a new account representative. When we upgraded this year to another company (which will not be named) we got all the features of Upkeep and so much more, for half the price. I wish all the best to Upkeep and all their employees, but I would not recommend this software.

Pros:

Ease of use by technicians (mobile app), preventative maintenance scheduling was very robust.

Cons:

Overall sluggish UI, cloud based requirements (little to no “offline” mode), limited search parameters, limited locations and tracking, lack of aggregate or average cost on items, no PO look up in parts browser, part categories are allowed to be random, no PO dates assigned (unless manually entered and manipulated), limited purchase history, pricing updates are updated on fulfilled purchase and work orders, can only use “inventory adjustments” to remove items outside of work orders, can use the same function to add inventory without PO, lack of PO approval process for management, PO view only available on administrator level security access, lack of internal messaging system.

Ilenia
Accounting Officer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

My Experience With UpKeep

Pros:

The tool makes scheduling easy and it has great mobile access features.

Cons:

No bad experiences with UpKeep. It meets needs.

Jonathan
Clinical Engineering Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Best overall usability

Comments: Overall, this is the best CMMS we have used. I did sample the top 10 for a year before deciding and upKeep was the best because of easy of use in the field. This software saves time by reducing paperwork and admin tasks.

Pros:

I sampled many different CMMS programs and upKeep was the only software that made the cut. This software is actually usable in the field.

Cons:

There are a few additional features I would like to see. I would like to be able to set exact permissions per user. the amount of administrative data available to Limited Technician renders some functionality not usable. Not everyone needs a list of all vendors and customers. There needs be a permissions checkbox to limit some access and functionality per user. Depending on how this software is used, it could cause an issue. would you want everyone in your company to have a list of our all your customers and vendors? for this reason. We avoid using some features and have not upgraded to the business package.

Alternatives Considered: MicroMain , eMaint CMMS and Fiix

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: MicroMain was not mobile friendly. Their software created a full time position managing CMMS. UpKeep app does most of the work and cuts need of creating this position.

Switched From: MicroMain

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Usability in the field. Great intuitive interface in browser and app.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team track work orders! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

Jeff
Electrical and Mechanical maintenance manager in US
Mining & Metals, 51–200 Employees

A great choice for a intuitive CMMS

Comments: Immediately we are seeing the benefits of using UpKeep. It has helped to reduce the confusion of where someone left off or waiting for parts to arrive to complete the repair.

Pros:

Uploading our plant information, including over 4,000 spare parts that we have cataloged was very easy. We were able to keep our spare part numbers and mirrored the layout of UpKeep with our own spare parts system, which in turn helped the plant personnel with the implementation.

Cons:

I would like to see the ability to add daily equipment checklists, that can be performed at a minimum twice daily and were generated automatically at a predetermined time. We currently make rounds through the plant and require our personnel to record the check.

Alternatives Considered: eWorkOrders CMMS , Hippo CMMS , eMaint CMMS and Fiix

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: It wasn’t user friendly and took a tremendous amount of time to manage.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: Hands down, I was impressed with how intuitive UpKeep appeared. I can’t say enough about how important it is to have the buy in of the plant personnel who use the platform. My guys were very nervous about another CMMS platform, based on their previous experience. They are excited and I have heard nothing but positive remarks about our new system.

Federico
Federico
CEO in Brazil
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Great tool to Manage your Assets

Comments: Our overall experience using UpKeep is very good because this solution has provided accountability and transparency in the use of our assets (owned and rented)

Pros:

This is a great solution to manage the assets, we were having issues controlling the location and distribution of our rented laptops and electronic equipment provided to consultants, after implementing the solution we were able to locate, manage and renew our equipment without effort. We also use it to track work orders because their reporting capabilities work very good with out ERP.

Cons:

The main con would be its price, $45 per user is a little high for many small businesses budget. Since this is an important tool the training in using it is a little hard but necessary. In addition we believe the permissions management needs a little more work.

Alternatives Considered: MVP Plant and IFS Cloud

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: We made the switch because we needed a robust application that were able to track our assets and work with our ERP.

Switched From: MVP Plant , IFS Cloud and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: We have chosen UpKeep because in our analysis the cost / benefit ratio was the highest.

Lillian
Lillian
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

UpKeep simplifies facility management!

Comments: Because of UpKeep, keeping track of maintenance is now a streamlined operation. Work orders may be monitored and scheduled with ease thanks to the app's straightforward design. Task delegation and real-time updates help the whole team stay on the same page.

Pros:

My team's maintenance management has been greatly improved thanks to UpKeep. Thanks to the app's intuitive design and constant updates, keeping track of and planning out tasks has never been simpler. If you're wanting to simplify your maintenance management procedures, go no further than UpKeep.

Cons:

Insufficient personalization choices may exist in UpKeep's work order forms. Improvements in functionality for the mobile app are needed.

Kim
maintenance supervisor in US
Wine & Spirits, 51–200 Employees

upkeep Up s and Downs

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I loke how accurate and how user friendly it is. I also like that they are trying to improve it all the time .

Cons:

Sometimes it is very slow and will not allow you to finish the task you are working on.

Alec
Maintenance Lead Technician in US
Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

New User

Comments: Originally all work orders were recorded on paper, Upkeep eliminated that process. It also provided a more accurate way to track productivity of technicians as well as monitor frequency of maintenance performed on certain lifts.

Pros:

Data saved online; removes the need for a local server Easy to use and understand Comes as an App also that can be used on your phone

Cons:

Plans are a little expensive Starter plan should allow an administrator and at least one limited-technician or its useless Slow process of getting all parts & assets added into the program.

Alternatives Considered: Hippo CMMS and eMaint CMMS

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep: Upkeep was by far more user friendly and is more easily adaptable to today's work environment regarding implementation and utilization of web-based technology.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: This product seemed to fit better with what we do on a daily basis.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage your facility! Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager. Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/ Thanks again!

simon
Solar Technician in UK
Renewables & Environment, 501–1,000 Employees

Using upkeep for solar farm maintenance reporting.

Comments: Upkeep has helped hugely in showing clients what we actually do and giving them real times as to how long process may take. Before a list of times and costs were all clients received as to now a full report which shows the lengths taken to complete the tasks .

Pros:

The software is very easy to use on many different formats. Being able to report in real time is very helpful in the field and reports can be generated very easy for instant use. The end reports are very professional and and look the part. Photos added to reports are a good for clients to be able to see the works carried out and being able to add many photos to as many different topics i may need is great.

Cons:

The application needs to have either 3g, 4g or wifi for real time this is great in areas with these capabilities but most solar farms in the middle of no where meaning i need to take photos and write my reports after i have done my job and returned to an area with wifi etc. Also only being able to upload 1 photo at a time makes the process drawn out as you have to keep going back to the report and then finding the photo you need...... There have also been instances when working in areas with 4g etc that reports that have been worked on have lost all info meaning they have to been done again.

5 years ago

Hi Simon, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so excited that UpKeep has improved your ability to show all the hard work that you and your team are doing!!! Our mission is to empower you all in exactly that way to help you to get recognition for the work that might otherwise go unnoticed. In terms of the app needing 3G, 4G, or WiFi, the reason for this is to be able to send and receive updates in real time, especially in cases where team members may be spread across different locations. Providing more offline services may be something we can do in the future, but we hope it's not too much of an inconvenience at the time!

Sekou Djibril
Fondateur Président de CSK in Guinea
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

UpKeep: An effective maintenance management tool for your business

Pros:

User-friendly interface: UpKeep offers a simple and intuitive user interface, which makes it easy to get started with the software for new users. Common tasks such as creating work orders or scheduling jobs can be done with just a few clicks.Proactive maintenance management: UpKeep lets you easily track work orders, service requests, and preventive maintenance tasks for your business. This allows you to resolve issues before they become critical and minimize downtime.Cross-Platform Availability: UpKeep is available on multiple platforms, including desktop, iOS and Android mobile devices, and the web. This allows you to access your maintenance data anytime, anywhere.Integration with other business management tools: UpKeep integrates with other business management tools such as Zapier, Quickbooks, and Slack, making it easy to integrate with your existing processes.Excellent customer support: UpKeep offers quality customer support, with a responsive support team and online training resources to help users get the most out of the software.In short, UpKeep is an excellent choice for companies looking to improve their maintenance management and optimize their processes.

Cons:

High cost: UpKeep can be relatively expensive compared to other maintenance management software on the market, especially for small businesses. Pricing plans start from $35 per user per month, which can be a significant investment for some businesses.Customization limits: UpKeep offers limited options in terms of customizing the user interface and work order structure. If you need a high level of customization, this can be a drawback.Internet dependency: UpKeep is cloud-based, which means you need a reliable internet connection to access the software. If your business does not have a stable internet connection, this could cause accessibility issues.Limited reporting capabilities: UpKeep offers basic reporting options, but some companies may find the reporting capabilities limited. If you need detailed custom reports for your business, UpKeep may not be the best choice.Learning curve: Although the user interface is user-friendly, some features of UpKeep may require a certain learning curve, especially for users who are unfamiliar with maintenance management software.In summary, UpKeep may not be suitable for all businesses due to its higher costs and some limitations in customization, reporting and internet dependency. However, for companies looking for easy-to-use maintenance management software with good customer support, UpKeep can be an attractive option.

Alternatives Considered: Instagram

Jeff
Facilities & Audio Visual Coordinator in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

UpKeep Application Review

Pros:

The iPhone application is the best so I can easily update and or log in new work orders as I see them without having to use a web browser or a computer.

Cons:

I wish the recurring events would not show up until they are due so i don't have to weed through them to see the current stuff. this is probably a view filter of some sort but I haven't figured that out yet.

Alternatives Considered: Fiix

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep: The iPhone application and price

5 years ago

Hi Jeff! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Our strength is offering mobility so that you can take and process work wherever you go so we're so happy to hear that you love using the mobile application! I'm sorry to hear that managing recurring work orders has proven a bit more challenging to manage. One cool trick that you or whoever is setting up Work Orders can do to cut down on future work orders down the line is using the "Schedule Based on Completion" toggle option when setting up recurring work! This is an awesome tool to ensure that the next work order will show up only when the first work order is complete! Check out the instructions here: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/help-learning/work-orders/how-to-create-and-manage-preventative-maintenance-repeating-work-orders/ Again, thanks for leaving us a fantastic review! We really take and appreciate all feedback seriously.

Dave
Director of Facilities in US
Facilities Services, 201–500 Employees

Excellent CMMS for Facility Managers

Comments: It has been great using UpKeep. Our rep did a great job setting me up and getting my technicians trained has been easy as well - and that speaks the simplicity of the application. All my technicians have Galaxy Tab A 7" tablets which they use with the UpKeep app. They're able to receive work orders while in the field, see all info needed to complete the task and close it out from there. Very efficient and effective. No complaints for the team at UpKeep, they really seem like they care about their product and customers.

Pros:

The way it looks. The way it works. Simple, familiar design. Easy to learn and use the interface. A lot about making an application work efficiently and smoothly, is a familiar or simple to use interface, which this meets x 10. Great tools to utilize; from work order requests, to repetitive work, to inputting assets and added users. The dashboard is a great tool to monitor who inputs the most work, or closes the most, to what locations or categories are being worked on the most - and thats all linked with your assets to manage life-cycle of equipment. The support team is very helpful as well. I've had simple questions here and there, and "chatting" on the desktop site yielded very quick responses within minutes of asking. Love the way I can create my own criteria for Assets, ex; Model #, Serial #, Lifespan, Install Date #. This allows my team to custom build the system to work for our facilities needs.

Cons:

Some things still need to be thought out a bit more. A few examples: -Consistency: between the Android app and the Apple app, both are not identical and work a little differently. For instance, the camera interface and drawing options are a lot more extensive on the iPhone. As well terminology doesn't stay consistent, even with the desktop version in an internet browser; "Dashboard" on the app is "Reporting" on the desktop, and within a work order, there are "Details" and "Update" pages on the app, but on the desktop site they're "Details" and "Activity" - but yet they're the same functions. Someone wouldn't understand this until they've used it of course.

Maya
Maintenance and Equipment Operations in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Upkeep is GREAT for our equipment tracking & maintenance. Great value for our company!

Comments: Maintenance tracking and work order creation with ease. Logging of parts and assets with alerts when quantities are low. Product is extremely intuitive and easy to use.

Pros:

Extremely easy to use, very intuitive! Everyone had a very easy time learning how to use the product and everyone had positive feedback right away. Upkeep immediately helped us get organized without the need for days of training. We bought this after months of research around equipment maintenance and tracking software which was exorbitant. Upkeep promised very similar abilities for a fraction of the price and without having to train our entire staff. Upon implementation, Upkeep immediately enabled us to track machine hours and create work orders for scheduled maintenance. We were able to neatly log all of our equipment and work orders/specs/schematics. Reporting abilities and maintenance cost are built-in options. We began easily logging parts and inventory with alerts when quantities are low. Everyone using Upkeep found it very easy to set up and use. This product has greatly helped our company better track and keep up with our heavy machinery and its recurring maintenance. Customer service has been terrific and we are most pleased with our decision to purchase Upkeep.

Cons:

We are a large, mixed fleet company and Upkeep lacks an ability to separate assets and inventory by category. Also the employees on the field who are 'requesters' would like a bit more access to our equipments lists in order to log hour meters with ease.

Eric
Maintenance Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

I would never again not use CMMS

Comments: I love using it and it has streamlined our maintenance department.

Pros:

I am a task oriented person and UpKeep keeps me on task. It allows me to have peace of mind in that I don’t have to remember all my task for any given day, month or year. It has brought a level of organization to our organization that we desperately needed.

Cons:

It can be glitchy at times. But the staff is very helpful and friendly to get it resolved. Most things can be done on the mobile device which I use 95% of the time. However, sometime I have rouse the desktop for certain pieces of data entry.

5 years ago

Hi Eric, Thank you so much for taking some time to leave a review for the UpKeep team. We LOVE the fact that you have peace of mind using UpKeep to manage your work and are so happy that your team's workflow has become organize and efficient. That is amazing! I am sorry to hear that the app has proven glitchy. As you mentioned, our technical support team is ready to verify and address and technical issues you might be experiencing. We have even updated our availability to extend more support hours for our customers! Check out our updated hours and contact information here: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/contact-us/ Again, thank you very much for your review. We're happy to hear that this has streamlined your team's hard work. We take and appreciate all your feedback seriously!

Elizabeth
Content Producer and Strategist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Upkeep magical performance.You should try it.

Comments: We all need Upkeep if we want to scale into new hights of success.I always use it to create work orders and you always get notifications if anything is updated.It makes businesses business work more effective than before.

Pros:

It is the chief hack for maintenance and management.Helps business to work more effective.It is a user friendly software which is easy to use.It gives it's users control and sovereignty.UpKeep is easily accessible anywhere and anytime you need it.

Cons:

No cons about it.It has been impactful to me.

Mike
Operations Supervisor in US
Higher Education Software, 11–50 Employees

Works great for what we need!

Pros:

Software is easy to use, and is a great way for our building users to submit requests without a long channel of people having to sign off on something. We get immediate notifications when someone submits something, they get immediate notification when it's been accepted and completed, and we even get reminders when something needs to be completed that hasn't seen any work for a while. Very easy to use and self explanatory for both the users and administrators.

Cons:

Not necessarily the software's fault, but sometimes people will submit work requests that are vague on location or their precise needs, so if there are additional prompts that may be able solicit more info that'd be great. Always depends on the user though.

Gabriela
Gabriela
Managing Vice President, Head of Marketing in US
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees

Server maintenance monitoring is performed thanks to UpKeep

Comments: It fits very well with the small brewing ecosystem we have. The facility management control and equipment maintenance schedule and frequent service schedules are automatic. By the time I place a work order for each time I use a machine, the observation of how often the tools are adjusted and transformed is very clear. The program could easily be expanded, making it possible for several individuals to monitor each job and assist in keeping up with routine repairs and damage. For an institution new to the computer game, this is a very simple procedure to learn and use. If you only use it on certain occasions, you will not gain much benefit from its use.

Pros:

The utility of the meter for preservation reminders is very helpful. I own several machines that demand cycle count care, and finding them with Upkeeper is very simple. Individuals can request a work permit for resolution of any machine or facility complications they encounter. Any member of our staff can make a request, which can be immediately converted into an order so that nothing is missed. There are several machines that require specialized tools. With UpKeep me it is possible to find the parts that are next to each machine, as well as find the stock level of those parts.

Cons:

The preset layout for the supply list seems to be in gradient descent. The parts I use most often are those with the lowest part number, so I need to reorder the sequence the moment I look at them. Writing down my preference would be an excellent addition. The ability to store our ongoing inventory repertoire is helpful, however how to do it to load it can be confusing. The guidance in the video was not very specific؛ written help would be helpful.

10 months ago

Hi Gabriela, thank you for your review! Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we're committed to delivering excellence. When it comes to loading inventory could you please reach out to our customer support team at [email protected]? We're here to assist you every step of the way!

Matthew
SFOM in US
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

UpKeep is the Gold Standard for CMMS Software!

Comments: I can almost guarantee a ROI on this product within the first year of implementation. I truly believe it pays for itself with the ability to go green and stop so much paper reports and tracking, as well freeing up admin staff to do other important duties. It is truly amazing! Techs in the field love it just as much as it makes their job so much easier and provides them abilities to provide updates to important tasks in real time.

Pros:

Not only is UpKeep easy to use and learn, getting it implemented within my organization has been practically turnkey! UpKeep staff provided an amazing training experience for my organization and we were up and running in no time. Service after the sale has been fantastic! UpKeep is always ready and willing to help us with whatever we have a question about. Our field techs were super quick to pick it up and become masters with managing of work orders. My organization leadership love it too! It's incredibly easy to see our entire organization in one big picture. UpKeep has by and large far exceeded our expectations. We look forward to using UpKeep for many years to come!

Cons:

There are really no cons with this amazing software! Anytime there has been some kind of obstacle during implementation and usage, it has already been resolved to our complete satisfaction.

Steve
Project Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Very helpful

Pros:

It makes keeping up with work orders much more efficient, the tech can enter what he is doing as he does it. It is also a great help with costs and inventory. Plus, the record keeping part of all the maintenance that has been done on a vehicle, the parts used and the cost are very helpful. Being able to scan barcodes of inventory makes it easier to keep up when deliveries of parts arrive. Great tool!

Cons:

It does require a little bit of a learning curve to find things on the computer app versus the ipad app.

5 years ago

Hey Steve. There are definitely quite a bit of additional features in the desktop app vs the mobile app which give the desktop app a steeper learning curve. However, if you compare it to other desktop apps in the CMMS space, you might find it relatively intuitive. The reason the mobile app is easier to navigate is because it's designed specifically for technicians in the field. The desktop app has substantially more reporting and automation features that are purpose-built for admins (managers, planners, directors, etc). That said, we're always looking for ways to streamline the user experience. User friendliness is a priority for all versions of the app.

Elvis
Technician in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501–1,000 Employees

It does what it promises

Pros:

there are a number of sorting categories that can be hidden or viewed according to your preference, this makes it really easy to use and to find old items that usually disappear in all the clutter you create.

Cons:

The interface varies drastically if you switch from ios to android or vise versa, considering they are both "lite" versions of the computer one. Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future.

5 years ago

Hi Elvis! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us. I'm glad you're making good use of the sorting categories. Especially once you have a lot of data loaded in the app, I agree that the categories are a great filter when you need to quickly find something! Check out more features here https://www.onupkeep.com/features. As for the variation in UpKeep across platforms, the mobile version is designed to benefit you on the go, so it does have a simpler interface. The desktop version on the other hand is where everything is visible. With a bigger screen, you'll have more space to access all of the reporting features, among other things, hopefully making it much easier to use. I hope that makes sense. Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with!

Ben
Facility and Maintenance Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Great CMMS, particularly for smaller non-profits

Comments: The software itself is great, user friendly, and feature rich. I love the printable QR codes for asset management and inventory tracking purposes. I understand the need to monetize and the reasons for the business plan pricing, however I feel like they're potentially pushing away future larger accounts by not giving an option for smaller organizations to use the full feature set of the business plus plan. When I signed up the premium option didn't require 5 users. This shift has me evaluating other options again.

Pros:

Modern, mobile, feature rich, easy to use, non-profit discount, support, documentation, new features, request portal, scalable. After purchasing our first property we needed a CMMS that would grow with our organization. Upkeep is a modern mobile CMMS that provides deep functionality and scalability.

Cons:

The business plus plan requires 5 users. I would love to use the advanced features of the business plus plan but as I'm the only user, it doesn't make financial sense for our small non-profit. One of the best things about upkeep compared to some other CMMS solutions is the pricing, particularly with the non-profit discount. However not having the option to use all of the features without paying for 5 users means I'm evaluating other options already.

James
Director in UK
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

It is as essential as a telephone or email

Comments: The software is unquestionably great but is only as good as the team that developed it, fortunately they are fantastic too. Even with a significant time difference the Upkeep team manage to keep me informed on updates and react quickly to issues, allowing me to focus on my job.

Pros:

It has completed modernised our process and in such a simple way, it didn't take us an age to get started and the data grows with us. The limited access accounts has allowed us to show transparency to our client base while keeping our data secure and the clients happy. Our site based technicians have the information they need immediately and the real time updating means they can assist each other remotely, sharing skills and knowledge has vastly increased productivity.

Cons:

There are some minor discrepancies between operating systems, but knowledge of them makes it very easy to overcome.