About Guru

Guru is a modern wiki that works in your workflow, so the information you need to do your job is always at your fingertips.

Learn more about Guru

Pros:

It's easy to use in conjunction with customer support ticket systems. Agents can easily find informational cards relative to the case they are handling.

Cons:

The trial version is limited in some access features.

Guru ratings

4.6
4.7
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

Guru has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 83 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Guru before?

Nate
Nate
Mid-Market Account Executive in U.S.

Simple to use, easy to update, and way better than Google Drive

Comments: I've talked to our head of enablement and she's a big fan. It's not as powerful as a Seismic or ThoughSpot, but not sure if that's really an apple to apple comparison. If you need a better way to organize sales material, important internal employee info, (i.e. equity FAQs, or ERG information, etc.) than this is much more seamless and easily searchable way for your team. It will save them time vs. going down the rabbit hole in DRive, Dropbox or Box.

Pros:

We use Guru from everything to HR, Finance and Sales. The "cards" are easy to set-up, they're time-stamped so you know they're up to date, and you can give a set of people admin access to make updates. For everyone else, they can leave comments and make suggestions so your data stays fresh and can be crowdsourced. I personally love the Chrome plug in, the search in Guru is really good and I rarely have trouble finding a card for whatever I'm searching for. One thing I also like is you can download the card content to PDF< this comes in handy when the content is customer facing, just 1-click and fire it out off in an email or copy the content and paste.

Cons:

Like anything, the cards can get a bit out of control, it can be hard to update and integrations are limited. It's still much easier and simpler UI than just creating a bunch of folders in Drive. I personally like it much more than Concur as well.

API & Integrations Specialist in U.K.

High performance, reliable and comprehensive feature set

Comments: We switched to Guru haven been impressed with the user interface , ease of organising content and speed. We had previous issues with loading times for searches or easily finding content. Guru has solved these issues and given our company a platform that everyone enjoys using.

Pros:

With a few integrations available, we can for example see new articles created in our Helpdesk be automatically available in Guru. The integrations also include Zapier, which we allows a great deal of potential for automating.

Cons:

For some elements of card (article) creation, the editor has certain limitations, there is no anchor for text so you can't quickly link from one section in an article to another.

Todd
Todd
Director of Business Development in Australia
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

Sharing knowledge with new colleagues is so easy with Guru!

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Guru allows us to onboard new staff relatively quickly and to share solutions to help new employees get a grasp on our work tools faster, and to troubleshoot their issues quickly, which is essential for a remote workforce where everyone works from home!

Pros:

Guru provides us a "wiki-" type of solution, where the team can collaborate on knowledge management and provide valuable information for the team to use on a regular basis. The best part of Guru is the integration with Slack, making it fast and easy to search and bring up relevant Guru cards, and even share and post the same cards!

Cons:

It was difficult to find a solution to provide limited access to consumers in our team who only needed to receive and read information rather than contribute to knowledge management, however the Guru team was able to help set up an affordable solution.

Roman
Roman
Entrepreneur in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Guru for Users

Comments: so far so good while am still learning how to maximize this platform

Pros:

I just started using this and noticed that it's an all-in-one platform for managing things like projects and tasks

Cons:

the help tool wasn't as efficient as I thought it would be as the self-help was not as intuitive while on-the-go usage/training

Enes
Information Technology in Turkey

guru review

Pros:

I am pleased that content management is comprehensive and convenient. This is my favorite feature.

Cons:

There is no feature that I dislike the most. The fact that it is both convenient and inexpensive makes the application stand out in its field.

Product Manager in U.S.

More engaging than Confluence.

Comments: Overall, guru was able to Help share and disperse information to our entire organization. This also reduce the amount of repeat question asking.

Pros:

Knowledge alerts. These allowed us to share information with the rest of the organization through guru and kept them updated with products announcements and support questions.

Cons:

Set up was a bit labor-intensive but once you put the effort in it pays off and you’re well on your way. The dashboard layout could use some experience changes but for the most part it is intuitive and easy to use.

Rob
Rob
Director EBusiness in Canada
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 Employees

The Company Brain

Comments: Guru helps us get new hires up to speed quickly and helps our fast growing organization keep everyone on the same page. Stops interruptions and the frustration of trying to find the right and most recent information. Solves the huge timezone challenges with teams working globally and it is impossible to connect to head office easily.

Pros:

There is lots to like in this knowledge management platform. New hires absolutely love being able to find the information then need and trust it once they have found it. 1) Ease of use: Integration with GSuite and a Chrome extension make it easy to find and create content 2) Great search function and AI 3) Validation of information so users know what they are reading is current.

Cons:

layout tools of the individual cards is a bit weak. It has an export to PDF function that we will never use because you can't create nice looking cards.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Director of Customer Success in U.S.

Saves time for support, sales, and onboarding

Comments: I was introduced to Guru at the Elevate Summit conference, and my team has enjoyed it ever since. Our sales and support team rely on it heavily for saved responses to common issues and questions, and for communicating existing issues or procedures. We also use it for "tribal knowledge" which has made it much easier to onboard new hires. Overall, this tool has saved my team time and nurtured communication between ourselves and with our own selves from the past!

Pros:

+ Easy, fast search for information through Chrome browser extension + Integration with Slack makes sharing or creating cards a breeze

Cons:

- Verifying cards becomes daunting if you don't regularly groom the knowledge base

Vino
QA Specialist in Canada
Banking, 201-500 Employees

Guru - great solve for knowledge gaps!

Pros:

I love that you can categorize all the different types of knowledge, which is especially important in an industry such as banking. Knowledge alerts can be sent, information needs to be verified on a set basis to ensure accuracy!

Cons:

Sometimes the vast amount of knowledge can be intimidating to find specific knowledge cards.

Wasi
Wasi
Sr Software Engineer in Pakistan

Being Guru

Pros:

The best thing I like about this software is that it has a great UI design.

Cons:

The worst thing about this software is that it has very low competition and many scammers

Julie
QA Specialist in U.S.
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees

Guru is Essential for Remote Work

Comments: Guru has truly been a lifesaver for us, and has been so successful in our department that our entire company is now moving their knowledge bases to this platform. It is really easy to use and customize and organize, and I would recommend it to any company needing a centralized platform to hold information.

Pros:

Guru is unbelievably easy to use and makes remote work a breeze. I cannot imagine training or being trained remotely without the use of this software. One of the things I love as an administrator is the ability for my team to make comments and ask questions on the Guru cards themselves. It helps me to update our resources in real-time. Another thing I love is that Guru will send a weekly digest that includes any unanswered questions, and a list of cards that need to be verified. Having reminders of this verification schedule ensures that we (the administrators) update any policy changes ASAP.

Cons:

The only hesitancy that my team has around this software is that once you have made a comment or asked a question on Guru, it is permanent and cannot be erased. Often, people will use a different channel to ask questions around Guru cards because they don't want to ask a "silly" question and have that record there for all to see. I personally find all of those questions to be helpful in making our cards as easy to find and follow as possible, but I see why some might be shy to leave a permanent mark in the knowledge base.

Customer Support Agent in U.S.

Guru fit our support team's needs perfectly!

Comments: I lead the effort to find a solution for our internal documentation and researched many options. Guru stood out from the others by a long shot. As soon as we tried it we knew we couldn't live without it. Our support team adopted it and pretty soon the developers were on board too. "There's a Guru card for that!" is a common saying in our office now when someone asks a question. Really couldn't live without this now.

Pros:

Guru cards put the information we need right where we need it. We use the Chrome extension and we can access our cards while still looking at our ticket. The "cards" idea was genius as we tend to drop all sorts of information in them that we wouldn't bother to put in a document. And having to assign owners and verify the information on a schedule solved a problem that was killing us in our old system.

Cons:

I was I could uncouple a card from the dropdown list that the Chrome extension displays and move it around my screen so I could see what's underneath.

Gabriella
Facilitator in U.S.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Great tool for storing useful knowledge tools!

Comments: We use it to store our policies and procedures. Users can check here for updated info and remind themselves on a specific policy. If they need to they can star the card for future reference and leave comments to gain clarity.

Pros:

Makes it easy for us to keep an information database for our staff to access on demand. It’s easy for admins to add edits and also allows users to comment and tag themselves in information that may need updating.

Cons:

Nothing, it provides everything we would require in an info database and more. We switched from a different software for its ability to allow users to track and comment on cards

Research Analyst in U.S.
Internet, 51-200 Employees

GURU changes everything

Pros:

Seamless: Guru fit right into our company needs seamlessly. We needed a centralized and organized hub for company and product knowledge and we able to, within a couple weeks, deploy it to everyone in the company. Company-wide Adoption: Everyone in the company uses GURU, from the CEO down to the sales team and support reps. We've reduced white noise and chatter in Slack by creating an easy way to access cross-team knowledge and specific/esoteric knowledge. Chrome Extension: The Chrome Extension cranks up this software to an 11. Having quick info at your fingertips to use on the fly for phone calls is incredibly useful. Ease of Use: Navigation, the UI/UX, the card editor, organization is all incredibly well thought out and put together. I see small improvements are still ongoing, but it all points towards the same goal of increasing product use and adoption. I've yet to be disappointed with feature deployment from GURU.

Cons:

Too many cooks in the kitchen: One of the things I've already seen in the past few months is what I call "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome. GURU allows you to set up product experts and card "verifiers" which allows for someone else in the organization to sign off that the GURU card you created contains accurate information. However, sometimes there are too many competing voices to sign off on that card with different ideas and expectations for what should be inside of that card. We are still creating documentation for what information we want to house inside of GURU cards and it is coming along. This is just one thing to be careful of; who controls the knowledge; who controls access to that knowledge?

GTM Ops Rep in Brazil
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Amazing Business Knowledge App

Comments: It really helps me quite my teammates quite educated on what's new in the company and this saves a LOT of of talking or explaining. I'm really glad Guru exists.

Pros:

I really like the fact that every knowledge card can be easily organized into boards and the level of permission configuration is so high and reliable. I really dig its design and language too.

Cons:

The last update make the whole page a bit slower and the side menu is a bit crammy. The search tool speed was never great either. And the most complicated of all is the card text editor – when it sticks to a certain format, forget it, you are never going to be able work around unless you delete it all. It's really a pain when you need to edit already existing cards. Oh, the Chrome extension is not really responsive and also quite slow. I ended up removing it and sticking with the site instead.

kevin
Technical Team lead in U.S.

Knowledge Management Software on the rise

Comments: So far I've been enjoying this tool and have found my productivity had significantly improved.

Pros:

It's so easy to use and to adopt with all of your everyday tools.

Cons:

Hard to say, but I think allowing some form of customization at the user level would be an added bonus.

Anamta
Student in Pakistan
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed

Became a Guru of Freelancing

Comments: I loved using Guru.

Pros:

Guru is a wonderful freelancing site that welcomes all kinds and levels of skill.To start your career ,if you have lesser skills or you don't feel yourself ready for too big projects but you have the courage and enthusiasm to implement your skills irrespective of what extent you have learned it and you want to earn and polish your skills at the same time so Guru is for you. It doesn't mean that you wouldn't find high skilled task at Guru, for sure it will be present there and you can showcase your high levelled skills there as well but the best part that I like the most is there are several other freelancing site present on internet but if you are some one new you wouldn't find any opportunity to learn and work but Guru provides this facility to you also thousands of projects belongings to different skill set has been posted and you can find your desired job there also it is an amazing site for employer ,they can get all varieties of people with different charges so they can get their work done by those job seekers at the best possible price. the whole procedure of making profile, finding jobs is quite easy and it is really user friendly also if you want to avail some top priority so you can easily get that through small payments on Guru.In a nutshell it is a desired platform.

Cons:

Sometime some frauds can also be expected from employee and employee side so you need to be careful about that otherwise good to go.

Johnny
Quality Assurance in U.S.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees

Everything you need to know in one place.

Pros:

I love that you can search the software for knowledge tips. I love that you can narrow your search by category as well.

Cons:

There's not much I would improve with this software.

Jeremy
Solutions Consultant in U.S.

Best Knowledge Management

Comments: Overall I'm very happy with my experience with Guru. We use it across our whole organization to keep everyone informed on new feature updates and decks to be accessed - super useful tool!

Pros:

This is the first company where I've worked where they have a knowledge management software - I wish I knew about this earlier! The interface is incredibly intuitive and extremely useful.

Cons:

The software is only as useful as the content you have inside it. Sometimes there is outdated content in our system although this is no fault to Guru.

Pre-opening Specialist in Finland
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees

Browser add on is the best feature for quick access to information

Comments: Easy to create information, and easy access through it's browser add on.

Pros:

The browser add on is great because you can access quickly links and information that are used on a daily basis, instead of having to go to type an intranet website and search what you need. The concept of everyone adding knowledge very easily is great for startups who are changing all the time.

Cons:

The web version of the platform, doesn't seem as easy to use as other website intranet options. Is the only piece missing for a perfect place to store and search for information. I don't use it at all, I just use the add on. It might be the design, cards are way to big, and you have to do a lot of clicks to find something, first the board, then the collection, then the cards.

LEIGH
Graphic Designer in U.S.
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Great Resource for Freelance Work

Comments: Good. You need to do your research and I recommend reading their tips and tricks if you are new to the freelancing world.

Pros:

I used Guru to gain new clients after my children were born. It was a great way to make money remotely and provided me a larger scope to reach clients.

Cons:

The software was very easy to use. My issue was more with client interaction but you get that anywhere.

Zev
RevOps Manager in U.S.

Awesome LMS and Knowledge Base

Comments: Love it!

Pros:

Love the Chrome extentsion, the ease of use in Slack, and copy and paste ability.

Cons:

The create new card from Slack process. Not too bad, could be better

Samantha
Customer Service Representative in Canada
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Absolute must have

Comments: Overall experience is very positive and I would definitely recommend. Only star is lost for how the search functions.

Pros:

I use Guru constantly through my day, every single day, and I can say without a doubt my job would be a lot harder without being able to use Guru for my resources. It really makes a difference and I love it.

Cons:

The only thing I wish we could change about Guru is that it would be nice if it had a more Google-like search function. Sometimes remembering how to search it properly can be frustrating.

Senior Sales Development Representative in U.S.

Guru is a necessity!

Comments: Guru is especially necessary for newer people within the company!

Pros:

I utilize Guru each and every day. It is the best way to keep a company on the same page about topics internally and externally. If I need a quick answer and don't want to ask someone on a different team, I can quickly search it on Guru and find the answer.

Cons:

Sometimes it's difficult for me to find the "activity" page but only because it's underneath the Dashboard. I believe it should have it's own tab.

Daniel
Account Manager in U.S.
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Works well when properly utalized

Pros:

Guru is a great software if it is properly monitored and maintained. It is convenient and quick and helps a lot on customer calls and sales calls.

Cons:

There is a lot of outdated information that our team relies on others to keep maintained. At no fault of Guru's but an issue that is bound to come up.

Guru Response

9 months ago

Hi Daniel, Thank you for the feedback. We're happy to hear your customer-facing teams are finding Guru helpful! We're dedicated to building features that make it easy for companies to keep information fresh. Our product team is always interested in hearing feedback like this to help inform potential product improvements, so please consider sharing more details in our Community at https://community.getguru.com/ideas