BOSSDesk Reviews

4.6 (102) Write a Review!

About BOSSDesk

BOSSDesk is an award winning Help Desk, Service Desk, ITSM and asset management solution available for Cloud, On-Premise and mobile.

Learn more about BOSSDesk

Pros:

This ticketing system is much faster than any other I've used in the past. I also like the web based interface.

Cons:

Not too much in the complaint department. The software performs as you would expect and even has some additional bells and whistles that enhance the experience.

BOSSDesk ratings

4.5
4.8
4.4
4.6

8.9/10

BOSSDesk has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 102 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BOSSDesk before?

William
William
I.T. Support Specialist Supervisor in US
Utilities, 201-500 Employees

BOSS Support Central - A Remote Support Must Have!

Comments: We have been with BOSS for over 5 years, and they provide exceptional customer service. Anytime that we have identified an issue, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been available to troubleshoot and report bugs to have it fixed in their next software release. They appreciate feedback and work to keep their product up to date.

Pros:

The ability to login to Support Central from anywhere at anytime and process tickets is something that we cannot live without in the new COVID19 world. We have not missed a beat, and our end users are receiving the support that they want and expect in a timely, professional manner because of it. The Dashboard area allows for the creation of widgets to monitor ticket assignments, counts and more on the fly. We utilize routing, templates and automatic responses to make sure support issues are addressed as quick as possible.

Cons:

We are very pleased with the product. The only recommendation that I have is for them to invest in a training and tutorial area for technicians to easily reference to learn of new features or to learn about how to get the most out of the product.

Joedy
Client Support Analyst in US

BossDesk

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: We use BossDesk for our helpdesk solution as well as Asset Management as well as Self help point for our customers. The support staff is exceptional and makes setup and troubleshooting super easy.

Pros:

The ease of use is extraordinary. Asset management is definitely a breeze once everything is setup. Ticket management and history of issues is easy to track based on both the customer involved and the asset. So problem management can be tracked down to the customer or device.

Cons:

There really is not anything I can think of I would point out as being a negative

Joshua
Help Desk Supervisor in US

Beta Ticketing System

Comments: Support is sub par. I've worked with one of their high tier support agents to fix an issue with site agent. They ended up suggesting we upgrade the site agent to 2.0. I asked specifically if we need to back up any configurations before we do that and was told no that it should carry over. After the upgrade, none of the syncing configurations carried over. The support engineer had no way to recover this either. Also there is no documentation on the 2.0 agent in their own knowledgebase. I asked for the possibility of making CI's a required field and was just asked "Why? What if there wasn't a CI." I told them I have an n/a option as a CI item and want my techs to have to fill that in. This went no where.

Pros:

The asset management portion is the best part of this ticketing system. The integration with AD and use of the Remote Agent make it easy to maintain inventory. The UI is better than some of the other ticketing systems I've used.

Cons:

This ticketing system seems like it's still beta software. Many features available in other standard ticketing systems are not available in this. Only recently have they added time sheets, routing rules, and triggers. The reporting is poor as well with little options for custom reports.

BOSS Solutions Response

last year

Customer satisfaction is our priority and ensuring every customer is happy with our solution is of utmost importance to us. We thank the reviewer for posting his comments and have since discussed the issues in detail with the customer and come up with an action plan to resolve the issues raised. We should note that the features mentioned by the reviewer who is relatively a new user have been available in our solution for several years and our solutions have been performing as expected for our customers. Our solution has advanced capabilities to match most of the competing systems in this market space. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer support and will work with the reviewer to take corrective action to address any outstanding support issues. We are committed to ensuring that our solutions bring value to our customers and every single user is satisfied.

Brad
IT Specialist in US

Help Desk Ticketing System

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Boss has been a very important and valuable tool in our toolbox.

Pros:

As our help desk ticketing system, this is a very important part of the way our IT and Facilities department manages and documents our work. Also, it's a great way to access important asset information such as: serial numbers and program installations.

Cons:

I feel that Boss can be a bit sluggish, but has definitely gotten better over the last 3 years I've been using it. This is probably specific to the version we are using.

Aaron
Director ITS in US

BOSSDesk

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: BOSS is a fantastic company that cares about their customers. The are fast to respond and supportive of our requests. One of the easiest relationships we have with a vendor.

Pros:

The Company behind it. We have had this product for over 15 years. Any time we have a product need or suggestion we only have to reach out and they listen to our requests. Within a short period of time we find our request available in the product

Cons:

None so far, I have nothing to report in this field, but it is mandatory :/

Jessie
Network Administrator in US

Boss Desk

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: From the time we started till now the company has been great to work with. I have even had the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] of the company reach out to me and ask how they were doing. They are very open to hearing from the customer and treat you like family.

Pros:

Bossdesk has helped us keep better track of our ticket system and other items. They are always evolving and are open to end user input.

Cons:

The only thing I can say that I don't like is that it is not free. But really the product is great.

IT Support Specialist II in US
Utilities, 201-500 Employees

BOSSDesk use

Comments: It allowed us to quickly see what items were outstanding and escalate if needed. also the asset inventory was very useful for the small amount of items we had.

Pros:

I like the way it categorized assets and allowed me to quickly create a template to use for ticket entry.

Cons:

It fit all of the needs that we needed for the purpose it was purchased.

Brett
Regional PC LAN Tech in US
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees

BOSSDesk is one of the best.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: We have had great success with this product.

Pros:

Customer support is fantastic. They are quick and usually resolve issues very quickly.

Cons:

Nothing comes to mind with this with me not liking this product. All is great.

Help Desk Speciallist II in US
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees

It is simple to place work orders and look at history by customer.

Pros:

Simplicity of submitting and reviewing work orders and queues, seeing subordinate work orders under master work orders

Cons:

Data Report building and lack of ease of customization without Administrative access, slowness of viewing different screens.

Ahsan
CIO in US

Best ITSM Platform for the pricing

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Ease of use, reporting, tickets routing, and escalation

Cons:

None of the features are irrelevant to me

Gary
CTO in US
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awesome product and support team for automating and streamlining your service desk.

Comments: We migrated from a legacy on-prem solution to a BoSS on-prem solution which we easily migrated to the BoSS SaaS solution. All of our information was easily migrated forward as we needed to make organizational changes. The BoSS solution suite is capable, flexible, adaptable, and easy to use, which has resulted in significant process improvements for our organization.

Pros:

The integration and automation of service requests, and the ability to create a service request from multiple avenues. Being a SaaS solution enables access to tickets and inventory from any location and from any device. We are able to update our field techs with ticket assignments or ticket updates while they are in the field, and the techs are able to update the service ticket from the field with the latest information. This makes reporting close to real-time.

Cons:

There's nothing that I can point to that I would regards as liking least about the solution, other than the solution won't actually perform the physical work itself :-)

Ben
Senior Systems Analyst in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more.

Comments: BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Cons:

BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

Ronald
Director of Information Technology in US

Excellent platform for Service Desk

Comments: We use BOSS service desk to manage the service desk requests, 811 (Call before you DIG) requests, inventory management and reporting of all these key metrics.

Pros:

Our agency likes the flexibility within the platform. We use it to collaborate with our internal users as well as some of our external vendors. The platform allows our employees to keep all service tickets in one solution.

Cons:

At this time we do not have any issues with the platform.

Ryan
Ryan
IT Service Desk Manager in US
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

No programming knowledge No problem

Comments: My overall experience has been really good. I've always gotten the support I need when I've needed it in a very timely fashion.

Pros:

Ease of deployment, ease of building out forms, setting up teams, custom routing etc. I like that most things are very easy to customize.

Cons:

With the ease of use comes some restrictions. You're limited to just the options they give you. Since it's web based they can't really customize anything directly for you because it will impact all of their customers. I think reporting and some notification options could be improved as well.

Kurt
Systems Administrator in US

Best Help Desk software we've ever used

Comments: Overall experience has been very good. We've been able to customize and implement custom ticketing queues in several different areas of our organization, including Fleet Services, Building Maintenance, and Communications with more to come. A very positive experience.

Pros:

The installation experience was easy, set up was intuitive, and they continue to make improvements with every iteration.

Cons:

Reporting is a bit more limited than I'd like, but their support has been fantastic in assisting with generating custom one-off reports to fit our needs.

Adam
Engineer in US
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees

Great Solution for your business!

Pros:

Was extremely easy to implement and set up. Training and the migration process was simple and took no time to adapt. Boss support responds very fast and handles your problem(s) professionally and quickly. From an administrative standpoint, ticket tracking and handling cannot get any easier.

Cons:

Would like the ability for the end user to have the option to close out the ticket themselves once the problem is solved/fixed.

Ronald
Infrastructure Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

BOSS Ticketing System and more...

Comments: Really fantastic product that makes ticket and asset management a breeze. Great support. Never have to wait for a response to a question.

Pros:

It never stop surprising us with what it can do.

Cons:

Missing a few things we had in 3.9. Used to be able to itemize purchases in tickets.

Nathaniel
Application Support in US

Support Needs

Pros:

This application is very intuitive and very customizable.

Cons:

The Role options, but those are currently being worked on to increase the flexibility in that feature.

Yadira
Vendor Management Specialist in US
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees

Great ticketimg system and easy freindly!!

Comments: We are upgrading our system to v4.0 web based an is awesome, I like it because is more easy friendly and better to manage. I had less trouble implementing some settings and creating the service catalogs. I think that this is great ticketing system. I never have issues with support, they always help me, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he is very knowledgeable and vey kind. Kudos for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros:

That now they have the web based version, which we are in the process of upgrading. Also, the service catalogs, routing rules, reports, and the way to mage all the settings, is way easier than before.

Cons:

I didn't like the reporting system. I had to contact support, if I wouldn't be able to create my SQL queries.

IT Application Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees

Great Customer Service

Comments: Overall I have been very satisfied with BOSS and would recommend it to other small to mid sized companies.

Pros:

BOSS has great customer service. Every time I have had an issue they resolve it quickly. Our account engineer also stays on top of informing us of updates and helps us implement them in very helpful and prompt ways.

Cons:

Their latest product has a few issues to still work through. AD integrated login wasn't included in the first several releases and that prevented us from updating. Although AD integrated login is now a part of the product, the lack of that feature made it feel like they pushed this version before it was really ready.

Claude
Assistant IT Director in US

3+ Years and Counting Satisfied BOSS Customers

Pros:

In addition to being straightforward to use for both my staff and our users, The graphical interface is very intuitive and provides many features/functions to our organization. Probably most helpful is the ability to create and track service tickets all from emails. For those users who are a bit more saavy the web interface is great and provides a more robust experience. Lastly, customer support is great!

Russ
Director; Information Services in US

BOSS is on point

Comments: Working with BOSS is great. The product is solid and support is fantastic. I appreciate how responsive they are to customer suggestions and that they engage with us personally to make sure we understand new features and functionality as it is added.

Pros:

The software does exactly what we need. Great ticketing system, combined with very good inventory control tools. Very robust reporting. My favorite aspect of working with BOSS is the fact that they remain flexible in adding features and functionality based in customer feedback and do so relatively quickly.

Cons:

Have no concerns - it meets our needs perfectly.

Debbi
Information Systems Administrator in US

Latest Version Soars!

Comments: BOSS is essential to helping our department work with customers and keep track of inventory and issues. With the latest update, a necessary but not efficient experience has become very speedy and we can flip through tickets and searches with ease

Pros:

Helpdesk ticket management allows us to assign and track individual and project tickets with ease Asset management and inventory help us to easily keep track of our inventory for ticket and audit purposes The latest version speeds the whole thing up so much more

Cons:

Older version was slow and flipping between pages took a long time

Rick
Application Support manager in US

BOSS Solutions has been our partner for 10 years

Comments: We have been partnering with BOSS Solutions since 2007 when they introduced DiagWin. It's been one of the most successful decisions we've made. Our positive experiences have encouraged us to extend this application into other county departments, and we've never regretted that decision. BOSS Solutions has offered their knowledge and experience to discuss options and to guide us on how to use their applications most effectively.

Pros:

Superior customer service along with a solid, well-supported application

Cons:

They need to improve their communication of new features and functions.

Maria
Administrative Assistant in US
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

BOSSDesk Review

Comments: We have had nothing but a very good experience with BOSSDesk. Easy to navigate, easy to manage, and if need help from BOSS they have a very fast responsive team who are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros:

BOSSDESK is easy to utilize not just for administrators for our end users as well. It also provides reports to identify areas of improvement throughout our company.

Cons:

Providing more reports automatically after we set them up would be a time saver but depends on the product your company has. We are in the process of updating.