• Overall
    4.2 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About Nutshell

Nutshell is an all-in-one growth software platform that helps sales and marketing teams work together to win more deals.

Learn more about Nutshell

Tiffany M.
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-22

"Pleased with Nutshell"

Comments: The support team is knowledgeable, responsive, cares about your issues and has proactive training available for users.

Pros: visually organized and logical data entry screen. Functionality is there to build as robust or simple as the company needs/wants.

Cons: It is very easy to self-build an inefficient architecture. Data uploads can be catastrophic if not done correctly. I think more training on set up, warnings issued at set up and common pitfalls at set up would avoid harmful bulk uploads making irreversible upload mistakes.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-22
Shayne U.
Business Development
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-11

"Good, but could use improvement"

Comments: I'd say my experience overall is good. I like how simple it is to create things. They all link together smoothly. My experience with other CRM programs is that they over complicate things with too many layers. Nutshell just keeps it simple and give me what I need. It could use a few more ways of spitting out information, but as far as keeping all my information in one spot it's quite good at it. I would suggest the product for a company that needs a CRM for information tracking. I think when it comes to an organization that needs a deeper data dig, Nutshell will not be the solution for them.

Pros: It's easy to use and task tracking is simple. It helps me understand at a glance what I need to accomplish in a day. Entering data is quick, and this part of the program is quite intuitive. Customer support is really good. You're speaking with a human instead of a robot.

Cons: Reporting is quite lacking. Trying to understand data trends in some cases requires the creation of multiple reports instead of compiling it into one. It often times asks about duplicates. I'm not sure how it recognizes them, but they're often not similar at all. Understanding interactions between an account is quite tiresome. It tracks all of the data into one place and requires some digging to determine what is relevant to the lead, contact, or company. It's all in the same place instead of into multiple swim lanes. It some times feels like you're asking it for information regarding one thing and it dumps every single interaction that may or may not include that lead/account/contact.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-11
Joshua A.
Business Developer
Legal Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-08

"Look forward daily toward using nutshell, since I've been able to make it work for me successfully!"

Comments: many successful placements!

Pros: First and foremost, nutshell has a #1 Customer Service Team! This, in my opinion, is the sole driving force toward effective sales on the part of its users, regardless of the platform/system being used. Then I would add a few other benefits; 1. lead page shows important info all at one glance, 2. availability to search everything (albeit, excluding info logged in the activities section by each individual user), 3. fast input of info when saving info, and many other specific features you've built into the nutshell system.

Cons: why not build an automatic clock, showing the time the caller is calling into lead location, maybe next to a number lead. additionally, you would raise the value of your product substantially if you were to build a functionality that allowed a search of the words in the activities (message) section of your lead page. this would allow users an ability to quickly zero in on valuable leads based on previous messages noted. just think when users leave or when their leads are reassigned to different users, how valuable a tool that would be to follow up on hot leads that need to be brought to a close.

Bill P.
Senior Leadership Consultant
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-02

"Great Feature-set Without Complexity"

Comments: I run a global consulting practice with hundreds of corporate clients and thousands of individual relationships that I manage. Nutshell lets me manage it all. It's my dashboard for everything in my company. It's entry-level rate is worth every penny.

Pros: I've used Nutshell for three separate businesses that I've run or owned. Each one considered a small to medium-sized business. Nutshell is perfectly suited to us because it's lightweight and easy to learn. It doesn't require an in-house expert on the app (like SalesForce). It's basic feature-set is all I've ever needed, and the support is terrific. Real people at the end of the phone, with fast responses. And, it's made in Michigan! It has a lot of simple customizations that I use; workflow, custom fields, leads, etc.

Cons: Integrations are somewhat limited, but still, plenty to work with. I'd like an integration to RingCentral's app. Also, it doesn't' handle subsidiary company relationships well. I've had to create a workaround with tags to help connect them.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-02
Roger D.
Wholesale, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-08

"Have used Contact Managers in my sales since Act for Dos. This works for me but I need to dig in"

Comments: Helps me to keep pertinent info on my contacts. I know there are more that I can do with the software but so far I don't

Pros: Mobile app so I have my contact info with me. I have only been using as a simple contact database manager and I know it can do so much more. I need to spend time making sure I understand and use it to the full potential within my needs!

Cons: Had issue with dialing out that took quite a while to fix (when I hit dial on my mobile phone it would add a bunch of numbers which did not let it dial). I spoke to customer care about this and it took a little time and effort to get them to understand and then I would say it took a few months before someone fixes the bug. Another issue is that on the mobile device the contacts are alphabetized automatically but on the desktop version this does not happen? Have mentioned to customer care but no response. Cannot add more than 30 company types? I use this field to help categorize my contacts. Why just 30?

Michael H.
VP of Sales & Marketing
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-09

"Overall happy with product - minor improvements with interface would be nice."

Pros: Overall ease of use - simple workflows for creating historical trail of communication. Easily create categories and tags to filter contacts / companies. Flexibility of custom workflow

Cons: Floating windows that hover over content (contact info pops up when viewing company information - can be confusing what you are looking at - company info or contact info Duplicity in creating Leads. (Assign people / name of lead / company). Duplicity in having to "select" logged activity - when in fact you have previously logged an activity

Hi Michael,

We are really happy to hear that you are pleased with Nutshell. Thank you for your suggestions below - I will add them to our requests list and see what we can achieve.

Many thanks,

Chris V.
Sales
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-09

"I really love nutshell and it has changed the way we run our operations on a daily basis."

Pros: I like the new data and sales reporting. It works very well for a manufacturing sales environment. I also really like the activity tracking, todo list tasks, and last contact. It is very easy to sort through areas with that, combines with map views and company/leads territory custom lists.

Cons: Leads and company note sharing- when you put notes in leads they don't show up in the company without at tag. Also the Mobile app is easy to use but the notes aren't as easy to access.
I would maybe add more annual planning details to help companies grow in addition to fiscal goals.
Another change that would be nice for larger databases would be last viewed columns, say you didn't email them etc it would be nice to know the last time called or time the account was reviewed by a particular user.

Hey Chris,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate your suggestions and will add them to our list. Thanks for using Nutshell.

Michael H.
Co-Founder | Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-06

"Powerful CRM, with a slight learning curve"

Comments: Nutshell helps all of our project managers and sales staff stay on the same page when either closing or nurturing leads after the point of closing. It also helps our staff manage communications and updates with leads with handy reminders letting you know to touch base with a lead every so often.

Pros: Nutshell is insanely powerful in that it can be customized to your needs pretty heavily, and has some nice features like Outlook integrations and auto-population of contact info from LinkedIn/address books. Having all email correspondence with leads auto-entered into Nutshell is a huge time saver, and is easily our most liked feature.

Cons: The UI can be a bit cluttered/clunky at times, and the lack of a well put together mobile app makes it a pain to use on mobile devices. We found ourselves often waiting until we got to a desktop to enter/update leads, which defeats the purpose of keeping the CRM always updated.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-06
Anthont M.
accounts manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-08

"very easy to use and has proper storage easy to find data"

Comments: the soft ware benefit are great easy storage to save all my important documents easy to save important company files. helps to organize my folders has lot of data space to store all my important information

Pros: very easy to use and has proper storage easy to find data spelling words are corrected as you work with this soft ware

Cons: nothing that I know of it is not difficult to use not to complicated dose not slow me down. I have never had any problems since I have started using this soft ware

Anthont,

Thanks for your review, we are happy that you are part of the Nutshell community!

Best,

Asya

David G.
Director of Business Development
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-09

"Director of Business Development"

Comments: Great contact mgmt for a good value

Pros: The calling feature allows recording of calls so it is easy to pick back up where you left of in a conversation with a prospect.

Cons: That you don't make it easier to line-up a bunch of people to call and then easily move through Calling while easily reviewing notes and information from your call / contact history. You can do this now but it takes a lot of clicking around. Can you package it. In Hubspot I could add people to a call list - set a time interval between calls - and it moves from one call to the next. Nutshell could do this.

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback and greatly appreciate your request on call lists. We will investigate this feature and see what is possible.

Rubens P.
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-07

"Very Easy to use and get all the information that You need"

Comments: An easy way tô follow-up all our sales

Pros: Interface is intuitive and let you find anything very fast, the possibility of record audios it's great!

Cons: It could be better how to visualize the amount off real deals you expect to close. It will be nice to see how much money you may win on each stage of sales process (Check pipedrive software)

by Nutshell on 2017-05-12

Hi Rubens!

Thank you so much for your kind words. The Pro version of Nutshell has reporting that will show you the projected value of deals at each stage of your sales funnel. You should check them out!

Frank

Stefano M.
Country Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-10

"Super Easy"

Comments: If you want to start quickly to have the benefit of a CRM, your team is not that skilled and you're on a budget, then Nutshell is the best solution. Later on, probably you would like to have more sophisticated features, but the worst part of adopting a CRM is always the initial training of the people: with NS you will overcome easily.

Pros: Probably the easiest CRM on the market. Customize, setting up and training is for everyone with average computer skills.

Cons: Not many integrations are available, pretty enough anyway.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-10
Rachel W.
Sales
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-20

"This has been an easy, no-nonsense experience for a great price."

Comments: Flexible pricing- I can change number of users I am charged for monthly either up or down. We were easily able to figure out how to upload our leads and data into the system. The calendar functions are straight forward. We have experienced almost zero down time. Customer service is very responsive and nice to talk to. I haven't used a lot of the more sophisticated aspects but for a daily caller this is great.

Pros: Price, easy to navigate and add/change contacts. Easy to teach to other sales people and data people who upload our leads into it.

Cons: The phrase "must've been nice" when I don't have dates on that calendar day. Would also like to have an admin view of every user's calendar.

• Reviewed on 2017-07-20
Paddy K.
Managing Director
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-12

"Easy to use database"

Pros: Ease of use, customer support and out of the box integration with a range of other software. Cloud based and secure.

Cons: Reporting and lack of booking confirmation from leads except through expensive integrations from Quote Roller

by Nutshell on 2017-07-05

Hi Paddy,

Thanks very much for your feedback! We are happy you are find Nutshell easy to use. Have you checked out our new reports? There is also a custom report you can create if you aren't happy with the canned reports. Thanks for being a Nutshell customer.

• Reviewed on 2017-06-12
Taylor T.
Senior Marketing Consultant
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-22

"Great CRM with just the right number of bells and whistles"

Comments: We had a great experience with Nutshell. Support helped us a few times when we got stuck and we had things up and running within a day or two with some complicated workflows.

Pros: Nutshell was easier to use than most CRM's and while it didn't have every feature in other products it had everything I needed to management my business sales process.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind. There is a bit of a learning curve on setting up flows but that happens with any product.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-22
Aaron B.

"Great Tool!"

Pros: Nutshell has tons of great features that help you track progress of leads and keep up with contacts. We've been using it for a couple of years now and it's helped us manage our customer acquisition much better than our previous tool, Highrise.

Cons: The UX could be better. Even after the re-design, it takes a lot of guessing and focus to really know what a certain UI element is for. Needs more contrast and more defined boundaries between sections. Once you get used to it, you're ok. But there is a lot of friction during the process of getting familiar with the platform.

by Nutshell on 2017-05-14

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy you are pleased with Nutshell overall. I will discuss the friction you experienced with our dev team to see how we can resolve it.

Glad you are a part of the Nutshell community-

Juan B.
Operations Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-08

"Great tool provide by the best people"

Comments: Sales, Organizational and Managment improvement

Pros: Friendly to use, it goes with you every were ans every time you need support, the Nut Shell team responds fast and in a very professional way

Cons: The interface with other platforms or when you export data to Excel it may not be very organized and usefull

Hi Juan,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy that you are happy and appreciate you being a part of the Nutshell community.

Paula G.
Telecommunications, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-07

"I am always able to get information I need."

Comments: Different reports and the way you can get data from years past.

Pros: How easy it is to use and the different ways to sort and get reports. Look up records using a name of the company or number.

Cons: Still don't like how we have to change the being dates and end dates. Some time the number you enter doesn't show the right client.

by Nutshell on 2017-05-10

Paula,

Thanks for being a loyal customer. We value your feedback!

Best,

Asya

National Account Manager
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-21

"The best contact management software we've found, increasing our productivity and speed."

Pros: There are so many powerful tools included in Nutshell that make contact management much easier than before. We've been able to integrate it fully into our workflow and it's resulted in better collaboration and outbound sales solutions.

Cons: Initially, Nutshell seemed like it would not scale well to our business but we decided to try it and we were so glad that we did. It scaled extremely well and fits perfectly into our operations, increasing our productivity so much more than we expected.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-21
Gonzague C.
Wholesale, Self Employed

"Makes my work easier"

Comments: Deeals closing - customer follow up

Pros: Following up my customers easy - being sure not to miss a deal in pipeline.
Knowing where I stand with the deals

Cons: Started with a plan allowing me to use click to call as it was in beta - provided some feedback & as it was implemented - wasn't able to use it anymore without an upgrade: (
Still not happy about that: (
Would love to make pipeline/cash process clear all and start fresh + make it kind of click easy after each call. Map / Postal Address not always top notch

John S.
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-08

"Nutshell 2016"

Comments: I've been using Nutshell for the last year to manage our customer data for a tech start-up in Chicago. Very inexpensive and easy to acquaint yourself with this system.

Pros: It's inexpensive and for a start-up company that is important. Integrations with MailChimp have been helpful and syncing data with Gmail has also been very easy and fast.

Cons: I hardly every hear of updates and new things coming down the pike. I'd also like to see more training webinars to know that I am using all the functions of the system to its fullest.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-08
Jason S.
Sales Manger
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-07

"Great service... very helpful and nice staff"

Comments: Seeing activities of sales people and success of campaigns

Pros: Lead tracking and value of leads. Notification of wins. The reporting oand tracking of activities. I like to set activities up as different campaign. It is great for tracking the success of different sales campaign.

Cons: The App!!! Can't move a lead along the stages using Android. And you need to schedule an activity instead of logging an activity. The idea of logging is an activity is log what you just did. It is great on the desk top version. But on the App, the user finishes a cold call ..hops into their car and needs to schedule the activity the log it! I have complained about this for years. Nutshell team does not seem to understand how on road sales reps work. Very frustrating!

by Nutshell on 2017-05-09

Hey Jason!

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback. We are making enhancements to the app and hope to release these in the near term which should reduce your frustration.

Thank for being part of the Nutshell community.

Christopher B.
Staffing & Recruiting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-07

"Nutshell has become an effective tool for running my business."

Comments: Nutshell enables me to keep better track of my tasks for each of my customers at various stages of my selling cycle.

Pros: Nutshell integrates seamlessly into my corporate email and calendar. The Nutshell team has been responsive to my requests for help, and has steadily improved the product through bug fixes and new features.

Cons: Nutshell's usefulness to me would be greatly enhanced with the ability to search the body of my notes and logged activities.

Jeff P.
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-08

"very positive move for my company"

Pros: it is very easy to use and with the home feed I am able to review our activity instantly and reply if needed.

Cons: doesn't work all the great with outlook . Some of my phone contacts names are removed if I add from my phone.

by Nutshell on 2017-05-12

Hi Jeff!

We're happy to hear that adopting Nutshell has been positive for your company. We are actively working on a deeper Microsoft integration that should resolve any issues you're having with Outlook.

Frank

Bethany B.
Inside Sales Manager
Textiles, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-05-08

"A simple means of tracking the many steps in our clients' sales journey"

Comments: It's simple and fairly intuitive, so it's not difficult to show the team how to use it effectively.

Pros: Nutshell's team is always working on improvements for the program and the customer support is great.

Cons: Not being able to customize the three time periods of the Keep in touch feature, I would also prefer to keep the Timeline as a separate view on my dashboard without having to select it over Activities and To Do.