15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Atera

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one remote IT management solution for MSPs, IT consultants and IT departments. Try Atera for free today!

Learn more about Atera

Pros:

Atera has all the features that we were looking for. Adding another device to monitor is easy and does not increase your costs.

Cons:

Lack of some of the features that are presented in similar prices products.

Atera ratings

4.6
4.5
4.3
4.7

8.9/10

Atera has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 350 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Atera before?

Robert
Robert
Information Technology Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Atera is the clear winner in the IT management space

Comments: Atera has been great to use here at our company. It used to be a challenge to support the environment and relied on outside consulting support. We have been able to bring things fully in-house and realize faster response times as well as 6 figure plus cost savings in the IT budget.

Pros:

Atera was extremely easy to get setup and running in our environment. It provides easy visibility and management capability for all IT devices and issues.

Cons:

Atera has a couple of areas where a few tweaks could be made to either the interface or some of the features to make them really polished. Full functionality is available in the product however, and they listen to user suggestions and requests. They have a strong community where users can suggest new features, provide feedback for issues they discover, and learn about upcoming enhancements.

Alternatives Considered: N-sight, Kaseya VSA and NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Atera was the clear winner. It had the best feature set, most intuitive interface, and best value offering in licensing the product. The ongoing support and feature development promises continued enhancements to the product.

Paul
Paul
Technical Manager in United Arab Emirates

Mid-level RMM and PSA solution

Comments: The combination of the helpdesk and RMM/PSA features means we don't use multiple systems to achieve our support objectives. The product is maturing and in active development, while not without a few issues. They are usually resolved fairly easily by Atera's support team.

Pros:

The cost is per technician created in the system, and it doesn't matter whether you have 5 or 5000 endpoints in your customer base. Pricing is predictable and stable. Atera has a features board where subscribers can see what features are recently added, approved for development, being considered or have just been requested, and of course can submit requests as well after checking through existing requests to avoid duplication.

Cons:

The helpdesk does not allow the technician to truncate the message trail when replying, so it often happens that the messages being sent between technician and customer get very long. Periodically, it would be helpful to truncate a reply so that only the last few messages are trailing the active reply. Reporting is an improving feature but there are not enough options to get reports just the way you might want them.

Alternatives Considered: ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing Atera: LogMeIn was charged per endpoint and Freshdesk didn't have alerts because there was no RMM or PSA component. We were using the free product at the time. We were looking for a unified package with easy costing and integration between RMM/PSA and helpdesk systems.

Switched From: Freshdesk and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Switching to Atera: The low cost was more appealing and the feature set looked like it was worth pursuing.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal Ateran! Glad to see that you are getting the value for money with our all-in-one Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution and that you found onboarding to be easy. And yes, the unlimited endpoints, is a HUGE draw for our customers. Thanks again for your review!

Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

Essential tools for onsite and remote IT

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This is the second company I have been onsite IT for while using Atera.
- Good tools
- provides the majority of tools needed for systems monitoring and support.

Pros:

Available via browser, stays logged in until it times out. I can get to any system that the agent is installed on to assist end users and to check performance and status.

Cons:

Wish there as a documentation tool, maybe there is and I don't have access per my access as a customer of an MSP. - Wish there was a way to see disk usage in the Metrics of each system, along with the CPU and Memory usage. - wish there were more useful scrips available.

Sara
Engineer in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

This review won't be positive

1.0 last month New

Pros:

I tried Atera via trial. First of all you have install agent on your primary domain controller, you cannot use another domain client. Scan works only for machines on the same subnet of PDC. Even if you add another network to scan. So i uninstalled the program: the uninstallation does not remove the scheduled task (and the folder). You also have to remove manually namp e pcap. Agent uninstallation does not uninstall the remote access feature. You have to remove it manually.

Cons:

you have install agent on your primary domain controller, you cannot use another domain client (if you do so, the scanned devices will remain grey). Agent uninstallation does not uninstall the remote access feature. You have to remove it manually.

Alec
IT Manager in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Amazing RMM and PSA All-In-One!

Comments: We were bringing in our help desk internally and not using a MSP. Atera allowed for this to occur with ease! We are now able to manage our endpoints and tickets from our own dashboard. Having multiple different methods for employees to access help, like a KB or even direct chatting, is a huge advantage for us and helped make the transition easier.

Pros:

I love the integration of AI within the ticketing and scripting sides. It make everything easier to do and helps you out whenever you forget that one command to make progress. It makes implementation of maintenence scripts easy and makes you want to get in and start taking care of issues! Customer support is easily accessible as well and can help you out with whatever is needed

Cons:

There are a lot of menus to navigate. This can make it slower to get around until you are fully familair with the platform. Give it time though, it is well worth it!

Alternatives Considered: NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Ninja is a great RMM and ticketing system but Atera is worlds different. It is so feature rich the learning curve is well worth it.

Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Great, Especially for a 1-person IT Department

Comments: Atera has been wonderful. I am so glad that our organization approved trying Atera. We will be going from month-to-month to an annual subscription soon.

Pros:

Atera is a life-saver for a one-man IT department. They make it easy to onboard, and the free trial is nice. To get set-up they provide installation files or command line instructions for each OS. There is even an option to have a specific installer and command line instruction for each site. So, you run the command and that computer is instantly associated with that site. I do recommend that you give the computer a descriptive, but short, PC name, so that it is easy to locate the right device in the Atera system after onboarding. The app is great, and even allows me to remote in to devices from my phone or tablet. When I have been stumped on how to perform an action or set something up in Atera, they have a chat support feature that is easy to use, and is quick to get a live agent to assist. I use Atera every day, and it saves me time, and dramatically reduces the need to go out on-site. I set it up on about 200 devices spread over 175 miles in less than 2 weeks. I then trained the users on it, and we have been using it since.

Cons:

The only two things I dislike about Atera is that it is hard to find daytime (to me) appointments with demo and onboarding agents, and it doesn't pull in longer device names from the device's OS. Most of the demo and onboarding agents are based in Israel, I believe, so the timing is hard when living in the US. There are some 7 am appointments that I was able to find, however, so it worked out.

Alternatives Considered: NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Atera's pay-per-technician pricing just made sense for us. They don't nickel-and-dime either. NinjaOne, by contrast, was over twice as expensive to start out, but they wanted to charge extra just for a ticketing system and many other things.

Internet, 10,000+ Employees

I am fascinated with the management of it thanks to atera

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Particular experience remotely viewing the resources of the software we develop has been very good, it has complete report management, it also has the ease of controlling the software remotely and it has a good quality of compatibility with third-party documents.

Pros:

I like that through its RMM functionality, Atera allows you to monitor and manage computer systems remotely. This can be useful for keeping servers and other infrastructure resources in good working order, which is crucial for software development.

Cons:

I think that its internal antivirus is not the most beneficial and best enough to meet the requirements of what my team needs. In this sense, I think that Atera is doing its part in security, it has not issued threat alerts when we needed it.

Ruth
Ruth
Budget Analyst in US
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Atera Is a Helpful and Amazing Tool for Remote Monitoring and Management

Comments: Atera gives incredible results to us. I am impressed.

Pros:

Since day one, the interface of Atera has been intuitive. I am also impressed by the accuracy and ease of use of the features and interface of Atera.

Cons:

Atera gives us accuracy and reliability whenever we use it. I have zero cons regarding it.

Priyanka
Developer in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Atera is the est remote monitoring Tool.

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I utilize Atera to manage all of my software and hardware resources.For improved asset lifecycle management,this also includes the capacity to create reports and track licenses and warranties.

Cons:

Atera's reporting features may not be as strong as those of some specialized PSA solutions. It provides basic reports, but thats not enough for complex data visualization.

Maria
Information Technology and Services in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

The perfect platform for my company

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Atera benefits me because it provides access and implementation remotely, automation for the writing og topics and allows me to solve multiple computer problems of users.

Pros:

Atera allows me to implement profiles efficiently and quickly, it is a platform that allows me to access and use its tools quickly and easily, adapts to my needs, is collaborative and allows me to automate processes.

Cons:

The space for tracking internal and external computer incidents could be simpler to use.

Aziz
Information Systems Lead in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Atera Review

Comments: Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

Pros:

The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

Cons:

The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Samanage and Logmein Central were a more expensive alternative. Logmein was also raising prices. Atera was able to replace both products.

Switched From: SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Switching to Atera: TeamViewer is a much more expensive alternative.

Brad
Solutions Director in US
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Does almost everything we need.

Comments: Over all I'm really happy with Atera it meets many of our needs and does almost all that we need it too. Also their support has been top notch.

Pros:

Atera offers us a solid foundation for running our MSP business. Atera makes it simple to support our customers with a interface that is easy to manage and use.

Cons:

The business management side could use some work so that we could more easily manage all of our customers products and cost in a single location.

Alternatives Considered: SYNCRO Web 2 Text Chat Software and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera: ConnectWise Automate was overly complicated with a very high learning curve. Onboarding new techs and making changes that were rarely done were a nightmare. The cost for Connectwise was also getting to be very expensive for what we got out of it. Finally Connectwise Support has really fallen from when we signed on, to the point were the support was usless.

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Atera had the best all around feature set, as well as a simple billing solution that worked well with out budgeting.

Greg
President in US

Atera is Essential!

Comments: Could not run my MSP business without it.

Pros:

The RMM agent with the Splashtop integration is critical. My support is predicated on it.

Cons:

Would like more and deeper integrations with other SaaS Services such as Kaseya/Unitrends and other backup programs for monitoring. As well as other SaaS programs.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM and LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Better value and functionality. More included features. Worked better

last year

Hi Greg, Thanks for reviewing Atera! Its great to hear how our product is essential to your workflow. Regarding your integrations feedback, we are constantly our integrations and making them deeper. If you have specific feedback on partners, please add them to the Atera features board.

Elijah
IT Engineer in UK

Perfect RMM for small ITSP & MSP's

Comments: Good overall experience with ease of use. Would like more custom reports or the ability to perform customer reports by being able to select certain variables whilst not being constrained by the builtin reports

Pros:

The Cost is almost unchallenged & very easy to implement. Got some good reports built in and allows easy monitoring of snmp devices & other agent installed devices.

Cons:

Limited reporting when compared to the competitor and limited network features for monitoring. SNMP Interface for adding SNMP Devices is good but sometimes can be a little confusing.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM, N-sight and ConnectWise Automate

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Mainly cost was the deciding factor due to it being the first RMM we wanted to introduce so couldn't justify stupid costs for something that may not end up being used.

Saad
Director in Canada
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Most options available for a small MSP

Comments: Overall we love ATERA, we use it daily to perform several tasks, monitor our client's entire networks and PC's we are then able to suggest improvements and stay on top of our client's needs.

Pros:

Atera's Pricing model that includes most services and unlimited nodes for one price. The support is also excellent

Cons:

Nothing to Dislike but Lack of Linux agent is killing us.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Price and ease of Use

Switched From: ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Very easy to use, implement and cost-effective for a small MSP

Dan
Owner in US
Computer Hardware, Self Employed

Atera User

Comments: Its been great from day 1. Support and training and all the questions i had got answered quickly.

Pros:

I liked the features patch management and remote control using Splashtop the best.

Cons:

So far I havent found anything I really dont like. I used to use Kaseya and that seemed way overkill for what I needed it for.

2 years ago

Thank you for the kind review, Dan! We love that you are enjoying us so far, and hope that we will have a fruitful partnership in the future as well!

CEO in US

Atera is a good product

Pros:

Remote Access, managing, licensing, price

Cons:

multi monitor switching only option, limited support , chrome incompatibility?, lack of vpn option (with webroot)

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect, SolarWinds Service Desk, Kaseya VSA and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Price, Connectwise was sold, frustrated with billing, support

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Price and gambled on quality, ease of use, learning curve

last year

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Happy to hear you like Atera's pricing model, and use the Remote Access features. Regarding the cons you have listed, any technical issues should be brought up with our support team so you can run everything as smoothly as possible! Our support is always willing to help, and you can also request to talk with your Customer Success Manager.

Jason
IT Director in US
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Perfect RMM Service for Internal IT

Pros:

Best part is how easy and simply can create automation yours for patch management and maintenance task that save hours on doing myself. The audit report can give you a great forecast of equipment that should be replace or is in the need of some attention. Then the integration of 3rd services like bitdefender and Acronis is awesome to have in one dashboard. Finally the Work from home for end user gets thumbs ups from everyone using it.

Cons:

Billing of third party applications does get confusing a bit.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Simplehelp just didn't have the wow factor or any additional features

Switched From: SimpleHelp

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Atera pricing was just much better for my scenario

Joseph
Owner in US
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature

Comments: Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

Pros:

The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Cons:

Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you don't want to keep it. Then you can edit the original entry. Another big glitch, on the tickets there is a big description box to enter comments, but they do not show up on the time sheet/billing report or any other report. To get the technicians notes to show up for billing, you have to go back into the ticket and edit the individual time entry and type in a new description. The "comments" on the original ticket don't show up anywhere except by mousing-over the list of tickets - not on any reports. Only the separate description that you can only access by editing a ticket shows up anywhere. For us having to do so much extra manual work makes the ticketing/billing part pretty useless. It has a lot of potential, but still needs a lot of work. I'm hoping the ticketing and billing will improve, but for us the monitoring and alerting is really all we are able to make work for us right now. While the SplashTop works great, we are still using GoToAssist for remote support; since it gives a notes filed when a session ends that we can use for billing, until ticketing matures.

5 years ago

Hello, Joseph! Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product! Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to see become more granular and customizable? If so, how will it allow you to improve your services/save time on the daily tasks? In regards to having ticket comments displayed on reports, some users might find this bothersome. We do, however, understand the need for such a feature, and agree on the possibility of having it enabled or disabled. Since we are community-driven, we highly encourage you to post your suggestions on our Features Board, and once it gets enough traction from the community, it will be tackled by our amazing dev team.

Paolo
Owner/technician in Italy

Great value for money

Comments: Just one word: great. I arrive in the morning, I go in the global devices seen and I immediately have the day organized. Just seconds. Alarms are in real time nd highly configurable. Thank you.

Pros:

Simple, I love the way I can have everything at a look; RMM with small customers is critical for us. The way we can check, manage remotely machines (desktop but also scripts and commands) is all we really need. Integration is good also. And, the live chat is something great. We had Solarwinds RMM for many time. Yes, the product is more comprehensive and granular, but it's really too much for us and the cost is.... well, not sustainable.

Cons:

At a first glance the seen is more similar to a videogame than to a professional product, but it's functional enough. It's the worst aspect of this wonderful software, but also the only one not completely convincing. I think that a more functional seen option should have offered to customers.

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA and Datto SIRIS

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Too expensive.

Switched From: N-sight

Reasons for Switching to Atera: More user friendly

Sean
IT Security Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 501–1,000 Employees

Atera, Dump the other options Pay per technician ONLY instead of paying for having too many devices

Comments: It made it possible to support my company during covid, without it there would have been chaos as so many of our users were using their laptops at their desks from their hire date some of them didn't even realize they were using laptops with docking stations and monitors. Atera allowed us to assist without hinderance.

Pros:

Our MSSP at the time had encouraged us to try to buy ConnectWise from them the bill was going to be 160k, this is because we have many stable systems and our users change very little across the network so we had 3 techs and 500 computers. Atera charges by the tech and gives you unlimited devices meaning our 160k bill which we Absolutely needed to have was converted to about 8k by changing from Connect-Wise to Atera.

Cons:

It forced me to learn to script because I now have the ability to deploy a script remotely on all devices, This is because Atera can reach any device connected to the internet, even when our users are not on our local network. I can still send command prompts or PowerShell commands individually but to really be able to maximize the function I had to learn to put a script into Atera with an MSI upload (since our devices are not always in the local network i am no longer forced to wait till they connect to push out a GP update) to run an install across all 600 of our devices at once. I guess you could say it was a blessing in disguise though.

last year

Hi Sean, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review for Atera. We are happy that you like our pay-per-tech pricing model, which allows you to scale and have unlimited end-points. It is also great that you have learned to script, although this was probably some work in the beginning: a real "blessing in disguise," as you said.

matthew
Founder in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

A great value on an RMM Swiss Army Knife

Comments: I was happy to see the faster alerts happening. Feature improvements keep coming on a regular basis. I have a pretty basic need with the software, so there are plenty of features I don't use. However the price keeps increasing for me because of these new features... most of which I don't use. Eventually the price increases may drive me to look for alternatives with "just what I need".

Pros:

I like the alerting and having the alerts trigger scripts. That gets to be really useful for mundane things like disks getting full and memory getting full. The community shared scripts are great to copy and improve on. There's a real wide selection there and it's very useful stuff.

Cons:

Granting customers remote access to their workstations is kind of "buried", I wish that had its own page for the controls and they were all close to each other.

last year

Hi Matthew, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review of Atera! So glad to hear you like the alerting and self-healing available in threshold profiles. Additionally, its great that you are taking advantage of the shared script library. Regarding your remote access feedback, please add this to our features board - it is a great suggestion. We understand what you are saying about the price increase. If you have more concerns, please reach out to [email protected] so we can go over everything.

KIRAN
SE in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Best automation and RDP to connect

Comments: Happy to work remotely to jump on any OS machine.

Pros:

Best in remote access to connect any time and this is very easy for IT admin to jump on. Always BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT to take owner ship.

Cons:

1. More integration and need more Knowledge base documents

Alternatives Considered: Zoom Events and Webinars

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Easy remote log in

Switched From: Zoom Events and Webinars

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Price

IT Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great product for the price

Comments: I do love the simplicity of Atera. The support has been great anytime I needed them. I use it all day long and it has become a very important aspect of my work that would be difficult to do without. The price is very accommodating.

Pros:

I use this everyday. I went with Atera because the price and they use Splashtop. I have been using splashtop for a year prior. The setup was easy. I can connect with my iPad which is a plus for me. They are always introducing features and since they switch to the new azure fabric, I have had no issues.

Cons:

I really wish they had a task list with each client. So when onsite I can add or complete those task. I use another software right now that does that. They had lots of issues prior to the move the Azure fabric but looks like that move has help the stability of the product. The ticket and billing system does not flow for me. Maybe one day it will.

Alternatives Considered: NinjaOne and SYNCHRO

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Price and simplicity

Brian
Director in South Africa
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Substantiated and unrivalled Remote Monitoring and Management Tool.

Pros:

I like how it's simple to streamline, automate and manage entire IT operations and infrastructures with Atera.It provides remote support to our clients in real-time.It is simple to access,view and control our networks and devices remotely using this tool.It is very secure tool to use.

Cons:

So far so good as this tool runs smoothly to deliver great performance thus nothing to complain.