About Tidio

Tidio is a customer service platform that enables you to provide superb customer support and generate sales with live chat & chatbots.

Learn more about Tidio

Pros:

Cons:

Its got limited export capability and some granular metrics I like to follow seem to be missing. Their add-on/upgrade structure also feels uneven and confusing.

Tidio ratings

4.7

9.0/10

Tidio has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 281 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Tidio before?

Darien
Darien
Associate Pastor in Canada
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Tidio is the first chat platform I've found to be worth paying for

Comments: Tidio has helped address a gap in our communication system caused by extended use of multiple inferior chat bot platforms that limited our performance and responses. With Tidio, we have seen a dramatic increase in people connecting with our team via the chat, and have been able to help address people's questions/issues quicker than ever before.

Pros:

Tidio offers a very simple, clean, robust and customizable interface both on their backend and on your website that helps facilitate live-chat support on a website. They offer numerous features (some I haven't used yet such as email inbox management), including a facebook messenger integration (that actually works unlike some other companies), a customizable chat window & icon, and perhaps the best feature of all - their powerful chatbot system. I cannot speak highly enough of the chatbots Tidio offers, as they give easy access to a visual builder interface to customize and build bots that can be triggered to do practically anything. Within an hour of looking at Tidio, I was hooked - and built a number of bots for our website - and within a day, saw a substantial increase in chat traffic compared to our previous platform. The beauty of the bots is that Tidio provides simple templates, that you can then customize to your needs - and the bots can be triggered on anything you want; a visit to a specific page, anytime a new person visits your site, anytime someone clicks the chat window, etc - and all of that can be accessed (in a limited fashion of course) for free. Plus as a bonus, Tidio offers native email responses to chats; so if you are like me and don't have people monitoring the chat 24/7, you can receive a notification about an incoming chat, and then respond via the chat window OR directly from Tidio via email - again, for free.

Cons:

Tidio has many features, but can be a bit daunting at first. I loved the visual builder of the chat bots, but at the same time I found it was still limited in certain areas. For example, it's all drag and drop - so the entire chatbot can start to form a jumbled mess if you're not careful. As well, they don't offer multiple triggers for one bot - for instance, if I want a bot to trigger on someone's first visit AND when someone types in a certain keyword, I can't do that. As well, their pricing structure is interesting - with three different "options" each starting at $18/month - making it so if you want to have decent chatbots, and multiple operators, and send emails, you are looking at a hefty price per month. That being said, it still is cheaper than most other offerings, and the different options help you customize your experience to tailor fit your needs

2 years ago

Hello there! It's Maciek from Tidio Support Thank you so much for such an extensive review! We really appreciate all the kind words but also the flaws you have pointed out. We strive to provide you with a product that we can really be proud of, and hearing about your positive experience, it seems like we are heading in the right direction. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion and rate us so highly!

Bukhosi
SEO Analyst in South Africa

Tidio is an amazing chatbot

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I think Tidio is amazing and with the rapid rise of AI it can be one of the best platforms out there for customer support.

Pros:

I like that you can try it out for free with most of the premium features included and you only pay more when you start expanding.

Cons:

I think it would be nice if they can increase how much you can use on the premium side of things...Maybe from 100 chatbot initiations to at least 300 that would be awesome.

Dominick
Founder in Netherlands

Looks great on the outside but features not fully completed

Pros:

The app looks great on the outside: email, chat, Facebook messenger, integrations. But once you fully test the product you notice the many flaws.

Cons:

1. When a user leaves your page and an operator responds the user will not be notified. 2. The message box is only refreshed when the page is open, so if a visitor is using multiple tabs they will not receive replies. 3. Integrations are all manual, which means. You have to reopen all conversations, open the user profile, press the preferences and send the log to the integration. Imagine doing that to your crm, sync app and maybe email list. 4. I was mainly interested in Helpscout integration, and integration to integrate Facebook messenger with the app I use to manage several email accounts. Turns out, tidio created the integration but they decided not to integrate the mailbox feature. Which means if I send a chat log to help scout it be be places in a random mailbox because their app doesn't specify the mailbox. Explain this to support but got the responds: we're not looking to change integrations. 5. Validation messages aren't accurate. Sometimes you will get the message 'Saved to integration' or 'Message send' but an error prevented this from completion. I contacted support about this and time and time again there was an excuse but its my believe that I shouldn't have gotten a succes validation message, right. Support simply didn't respond to my question.

Sales Manager in Poland
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees

One of the easiest to use live chat

Pros:

The solution helps us to engage with the visitor. I was imiediately able to understand the user interface, the support helped quickly, when we asked about integrations and user capabilities. I think it has a great design, FB messanger and instagram integration is possible. It has also a compelling, great looking, website widget.

Cons:

The team was irritated by the loud sound of notifications, which we were not able to turn off. The chatbot is quite costly and overall pricing was the problem in our final desicion.

4 months ago

Hi there! Thank you very much for your kind review :) We really appreciate your feedback and we will definitely keep it in mind for future improvements.

Solomon
Consultant in UK
Farming, Self Employed

Tidio Communication Platform

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Tidio is an all featured platform to deliver optimum performance to its users.

Pros:

Tidio offers a different effective features in delivery of communications

Cons:

The html integrations requires some experience but is functional

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: I chose Tidio because of its user-ready features and versatile performance

2 months ago

Hi Solomon! Thank you so much for the lovely feedback :) Let us know in case you need any guidance.

Jane
Information Technology Manager in Spain
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

Extremely sensational,unexcelled,sublime and beyond magical Help Desk software.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Tidio increases customers satisfaction.This tool automates and increases sales and marketing programs.

Pros:

This tool has chatbots that makes it simple to engage with our customers seamlessly in real-time.I like how this tool automates customers support services.Tidio has a live chat widget that makes it simple to chat with our customers 24/7.

Cons:

I haven't experienced any problem with this tool although to access this tool when offline is difficult.

Juude
Head marketing in Uganda
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees

easy to integrate in websites

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Tidio have smooth chat widget that can be customized to meet your demand needs for brand uniformity. I like the customer team that responds more quicker to questions

Cons:

Some features had been recently cut off like email marketing and they did not refund for such , integrating with Facebook will not load the API while using Opera Mini browser

Cristian
CEO in Spain
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees

Great Results trial period meets my expectations and offers many professional, quality tools

5.0 7 days ago New

Comments: When creating a marketing campaign, the size of the image to be uploaded is not specified so that it is well framed in the pop-ups of the campaignSo far in the trial period, I have been very satisfied, learning and using the best tools both in analytics and in the marketing campaign and chat with new clients. It is a powerful tool. It is a pleasure to be able to use tools like Tidio

Pros:

I love the possibility of creating campaigns, I like the non-invasive visual mode available,

Cons:

When creating a marketing campaign, the size of the image to be loaded is not specified so that it is well framed in the pop-up pop-ups of the campaign

Łukasz
Owner in Poland
Internet, Self Employed

Best software

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The intuitive panel, competitive salary, and AI bots

Cons:

Actually, I like everything. They provide me all functions I need

AnneMarie
AnneMarie
CEO in Canada
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees

Nice for the live chat and the chat bot

5.0 5 days ago New

Comments: The best experience with this type of software.

Pros:

We can see who visits our website live. We can also push some questions to them so it interacts.

Cons:

Bad traduction when we read the french version.

Product and Marketing Manager in US
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Perfect for our non-profit org

Comments: Being able to chat with our users has really cut down on the time it takes to answer user questions. We used to wait for them to send emails and then they had to wait for us to reply to their emails. The chat features speeds everything up and has led to a huge boost in user satisfaction.

Pros:

First and foremost, Tidio offers a free option for non-profit organizations, which enables our small non-profit to have a stellar chat product without the typical expense. We love how easily it integrates with WordPress and how relatively easy it was to install. I also love the AI bot. We've been able to automate so much of our user interactions to help them have "self service" support even when we're not online to chat with them. Huge time saver for everyone.

Cons:

I wish that I, as an admin, could have better control over each chat administrator's account. Basically, after I set up everyone's accounts, I had no control over them. So if someone kept forgetting to upload a photo, I couldn't do it for them (well, without actually logging into their account with their username and profile). But, this isn't a deal breaker, it just means I have to stay in close contact with each user to keep their profile up to date.

Alternatives Considered: Crisp and Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Ultimately we made the decision based on price, but we're super happy!

last year

Hello Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate the feedback you provided. We are working on an upgraded version of the Permissions for the operators, so you should be able to have better control over your users soon. Once again thank you for your kind words and have a nice day

Misho
Founder in Georgia
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees

Go Tidio!

Comments: We seamlessly integrated Tidio on our websites and connected to our Facebook pages. We use it as a multi-channel communication tool for onboarding and customer support purposes.

Pros:

The integration was as easy as possible. The interface is intuitive and simple to navigate. Chatbots are just amazing! It's so simple to build and launch them. Still what we liked the best about Tidio is their customer support. Always there to help, always nice and informative. Love you guys. Go Tidio team!

Cons:

The only thing I would add are integrations with apps like WhatsApp and Telegram.

Alternatives Considered: ManyChat, FreshBooks and Drift

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: In short, Artivechat, while a powerful tool on its own, didn't serve the purposes of our team well. Its interface was unintuitive and the set-up process was tiresome. Plus we realized that we didn't really need an NPL chatbot.

Switched From: Activechat

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Simplicity, quality of the customer support, powerful functionality, branding.

2 years ago

Hi there, Thank you so much for the review! We recently established a new developers team responsable for new dedicated channels such as WhatsApp, so we hope to expand the pool in the future. Thank you once again!

Jessica
Jessica
Inbound Marketing Consultant in Argentina
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy, fast and amazing!

Comments: I started working as a consultant for a company, and their first project was to add a chatbot to their homepage. At the moment, they had a bot that redirected to WhatsApp, and it wasn't very user friendly. They also have HubSpot's' free account, but the functions that the chatbot offers are very basic. So, I started searching for good chatbot software and came upon Tidio. From the beginning, it was really easy to use and create what I had in mind. When I showed the team the final version of the bot, they LOVED it! It was easy to understand, easy to use, and easy to implement. Overall, I had a really good experience, and I will continue considering Tidio for future clients.

Pros:

I was impressed by how easy it was to set up our multilanguage home page chatbot! In just one day, it was set up and running, and leads were coming in. Oh, and can't forget to mention that we also got to integrate it with our HubSpot account. Amazing, right?

Cons:

One of the things I had difficulty with was with keeping the lines that connect each action of the bot straight. It took me a considerable amount of time moving them around and making sure it had the correct spacing. Just as an idea, I've used other software where it automatically straightens the lines for you and adds the correct spacings between actions and branches.

Alternatives Considered: MessageBird

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Messagebird wasn't as easy to use as Tidio was. One of the things that really bothered me from messagebird was that they didn't have the option for quick replies. So it was pretty difficult to receive the correct input from the user and for the flow to continue working correctly. Another thing that I loved about Tidio was their support team. Compared to other software where they take forever to answer back, Tidio does it so quickly and the whole team is so friendly.

Switched From: MessageBird

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Tidio is very intuative, easy to use and their support team is amazing!

2 years ago

Hi there, Thank you so much for a thorough review! We are very proud that you like our product so much! Thank you for the feedback about our Chatbots too. I will be happy to forward it to our developers for further evaluation. If anything, we're here for you! :)

Seth
Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

An unbelievable blend of ease, style, features and price

Comments: We run an overnight summer camp and connecting with parents (our customers) is of top importance to us to establish that we care and answer questions. Even as I was writing this review, I had the opportunity to answer a parents questions on Tidio.
There are lots of options out there : Olark, Zoho, Zendesk etc. I found Tidio to be not only the most affordable, but also the highest functioning.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use. It's easy to use for both the customer and for the client on the website. Their app is fantastic for both android and IOS.

Cons:

Honestly, I love everything about it. There are a few features that I would use on a higher tiered paid version, but I love it!

Alternatives Considered: Pure Chat

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Price

Switched From: Freshchat

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Features and ease of use.

3 years ago

Hi there Seth, Thank you for an exquisite review. I'm thrilled that you found Tidio so useful for your business. If you have any questions regarding Tidio - don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team at [email protected] or via our live chat on www.tidio.com. We would love to get the perfect score here and change the "unspecified" rate to 5 stars :-)

Tanya
Tanya
Sales Manager in Azerbaijan
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

Tidio for online support

Comments: Tidio helped us to engage with our customers and to answer their question which led to more sales.

Pros:

It is easy to install and use, fast customer support helps to deal with your problems quickly. Pricing is also reasonable compared with other software.

Cons:

Some features are free in different chats but paid in Tidio. Users have to enter their emails which sometimes prevents them to ask any question.

Alternatives Considered: Salesboom CRM Suite, BenchmarkONE and Chatra

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Tidio has a better fit for small and large businesses. Pricing is also better in Tidio as well as customer support.

Switched From: BenchmarkONE

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Mainly during the evaluation, we focused on pricing, functionality, and ease of use ratio so that Tidio was ahead of its peers during this evaluation.

3 years ago

Thank you very much for the review! You can turn off the Pre Chat Survey in the Channels section of your Tidio panel, and your visitors won't have to put in their email address :-) Have a great day!

Director of Communications in US
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

Easily installed, attractive chat tool

Comments: Thankfully, this product is really well-designed and well-documented, because my interactions with customer service have been hit and miss. They are always very responsive, but don't always have helpful information as quickly as they have friendly greetings. I would still recommend this tool as an easy to use entry level chat agent service, however, because it is so beautiful, simple, and affordable.

Pros:

This customer interaction tool is easily installed (Wordpress website) and is attractive and accessible. The site visitor (customer) interface is lightweight, attractive, and easily branded with colors, logos, and avatars. The end user (company chat agent) side is also easy to use, attractive, and intuitive. Multiple options are available for agents, including mobile, browser, and desktop app, which serves our flexible agent group well. Overall, I was able to get Tidio up and running, with all agents trained, in one day. The pricing is unbelievable. We have tried multiple subscription levels and now use the free version, but would return to the paid option if we had more agents.

Cons:

Multisite management on this tool is not as intuitive and easy as I would prefer. Once we consolidated our sites under one domain, the issue was resolved. However, having to switch 'users' in the interface to manage multiple domains was not difficult, but did not feel seamless/optimal.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for your review! :)

Alex
Owner in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Effective and affordable

Comments: Simple quick affordable effective

Pros:

The free level is excellent and a smart way to get folks in the door and provides good basic services including, most importantly to me, chat bot.

Cons:

Haven't used it long enough to find negatives yet though I am curious to see if it can notify via desktop on Windows too I haven't figured out to get notified that someone is sending a message on the chat bot yet.

Alternatives Considered: LiveChat

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: They didn't allow changing the Welcome Message without moving up to another tier

Switched From: LiveChat

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Cost

2 years ago

Hello there! Maciek from Tidio Support here We really appreciate your kind words and the 5-star review! We hope that you will keep enjoying our product after the trial ends :) Have a great day and stay safe!

Eran
Eran
Founder & Chief Design Officer in Israel
Design, 2-10 Employees

Best value for money I've seen.

Comments: Love Tidio. I'm just beginning to experience its full power, and they keep adding options!

Pros:

Tidio is fully customizable, powerful, and fairly priced. You could easily end up paying 10X on some of the more extortionary chat platforms, without getting any more value.

Cons:

I really can't think of any complaints. Tidio does the job very well.

Alternatives Considered: Drift and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Intercom is always trying to squeeze more money from you. Every new feature costs extra, and they also charge you extra for contacts. The combination of features I use on Tidio would probably cost hundreds of dollars on Intercom, without being any better.

Switched From: Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Value for money

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the review! It motivates us very much, so thank you for the kind words :)

CEO in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Tidio is amazing!

Comments: I've only had a great experience with Tidio.

Pros:

I love the ease of use, the great customer service, and the features I like and use more than what other live chat systems offer. I can view the pages the user has browsed, can automate chats with the bots to get conversions. Everything works as intended.

Cons:

The only things I can say is the lack of Twitter support to Tidio and more customising the bot actions.

Alternatives Considered: Userlike, Crisp and Intercom

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Because I wanted to view what pages the visitors were viewing and more, I used to use Crisp but that's $99 and the other alternatives aren't up to the standards of Tidio.

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Because of the UI, the design of the chat window, the features and the great customer service, they ask you questions in the trial and it was nice to be feel more than just a number.

2 years ago

Hello! I'm Maciek from Tidio Support We are always happy to read such reviews as yours! Every day we try to best ourselves in order to provide you with the best product we can. I can assure you, that the features you are looking for are coming :) We are working on additional integrations like Whatsapp, Instagram, and also Twitter. Our Chatbots are also constantly growing and improving! We can't wait to provide you with new features we are currently working on. Hope you have a great experience with Tidio!

John Elias
IT Specialist in Canada
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

Simple but Powerful

Comments: We're able to offer a live chat experience to our customers at an affordable price. Can definitely make up the cost of implementation quickly!

Pros:

Easy to use, has a clean interface and has a surprising amount of features. Especially appreciate how in-depth their bot and automation can get without requiring heavy technical knowledge.

Cons:

Not much to complain about considering the features you get for the price. I'd have to be nitpicking to really give you any cons. Something like, I can't find a way to delete contact properties, but I also haven't contacted support about it as it wasn't affecting our day to day operations.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho SalesIQ

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Freshchat was very clunky with a limited feature set and disastrous support. They go out of their way to inconvenience their customers even when they're the cause of the issue in the first place.

Switched From: Freshchat

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Tidio was definitely easier to navigate and more affordable for our use case.

3 years ago

Hi there John, thank you for an excellent review. Feel free to contact our world-class support team - I'm confident they will be happy to help you out and answer all of your potential Tidio questions :-) Have a great day!

Ciara
Ciara
Marketing Assitant in Australia
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Definetly worth it compared to similar softwares

Comments: Overall just really great software, the price you pay is well worth what you receive, compared to what we previously used which was more expensive and had way fewer features and no customisation

Pros:

Tidio has great reporting and customising features. I find it easier to use than the previous software we were using. I really like how you can customise branding to make it fit in better with your website.

Cons:

You are unable to view messages from more than 1 website in the same Tidio tab, instead I have to have 2 tabs open to able to receive notifications for both our websites.

2 years ago

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you are finding our product to be easy to use. As for handling multiple websites, we can also recommend our Mobile App for one of the projects as an alternative :) Have a nice day and stay healthy!

Daniel
Daniel
Co Founder, Head of Marketing and Product in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Pretty Good, some little glitches

Pros:

I like that you can set up automations which are triggered by various events with specific conditions (for example, a user returns to the site and is on a specific page). You can set up the automation to pop up and ask a question. I also like that I can chat with visitors from a cellphone app.

Cons:

- The chat icon did have some glitches, as I noticed that when clicking on the screen near the icon, it still shows up, basically a larger area than the icon itself is a "hot area" to start chatting. This means that the visitor may be trying to exit out of a cookie notification or click something on your site and get frustrated that it just keeps opening up the chat. In order to work around this, we've had to try our site from various phones and devices, see how things look and whether or not it gets in the way. We've had to put our chat icon on the lower left side for mobile phones as other wise when Iphone users first visit the site and they get the mandatory popup asking them to allow the use of cookies, they are not able to click the X button to get rid of the notification.

Co-Founder in Brazil

Excellent value for money!

Pros:

We care so much about the chat widget design and our customer have the best experience when talking to us using Tidio. We can fully customize our widget with our platform colors and the operators photos provide a reliable way to our customers contact us. Also the Mac/Web app have just the right tools we need to provide our support service.

Cons:

I wish Tidio to have more reports options and a more accurate way to customers rate the conversation (not only "like" or "dislike", but a score from 1 to 5 to help us calculate NPS). Also split chats from the same person in separate conversations to help us to calculate satisfaction scores and response times.

Alternatives Considered: tawk.to, JivoChat and Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Chat widget: fully customisable and great design; Right tools: the Mac/Web app is simple and easy-to-use; Value for money: the free plan has great features;

3 years ago

Hi there, Thank you very much for the review. I will surely pass your feedback on to our Product Team. We are a data-driven company - and I'm sure they will agree that measuring statistics is one of the most important things in running a business. Thank you for helping us grow!

Raúl
Raúl
Account Director in Spain

The most powerful active chat widget

Pros:

The possibility of connecting other business chats such as Messenger or Instagram offers incredible possibilities in order to give attention to your potential customers. In addition, the price is affordable for all its functionalities.

Cons:

The most complex thing is getting it to be properly integrated into a small business as a central customer service tool

Alternatives Considered: WhatsApp HubSpot Automation, ClickDesk and JivoChat

Switched From: WhatsApp HubSpot Automation, ClickDesk and JivoChat

4 months ago

Hi Raúl! Thank you very much for your review :) We really appreciate your feedback and we will definitely keep it in mind for future improvements. Let us know if you need any assistance with integrating Tidio, and we'll be more than happy to help.

Damon
Director of Marketing/Sales in US
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees

The Chatbot that you want but can't find

Comments: I like it. It is very easy to set up the bots.

Pros:

A chatbot that hands off to a live person was critical.

Cons:

Can't think of any yet but I will update if I find any.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Tidio: Drift is too expsensive. I get 10X more stuff for less than 5X the cost.

Switched From: Drift

Reasons for Switching to Tidio: Above reasons

2 years ago

Hi there, Thank you very much for your kind words! We are proud to be a part of your business.