15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Zoom

With Team Chat, Phone, AI Companion, and more, Zoom is the platform for your best work.

Learn more about Zoom

Pros:

As soon as you purchase it, you can get set up in just a few minutes. It has some great collaboration features and their customer support is quite friendly.

Cons:

What I dislike is that when you first sign on to a meeting you are not connected to the audio, so if the person on the other end tries to talk to you, you feel awkward and have to explain.

Zoom ratings

4.6
4.4
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Zoom has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 13,803 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoom before?

Filter reviews (13,803)

Tess
Tess
creator in Germany

Zoom Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: my overall experience is good and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros:

That I can use it for meetings, remote work from anywhere in the world and also have as many people join during a meeting.

Cons:

the paid plan can be a bit expensive to afford every month.

Harriet
Online Tutor in Australia
E-Learning, Self Employed

The best online tutoring platform

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall a positive experience but you do pay for it

Pros:

It has the best audio and video sharing capacity as well as screen sharing being the fastest to load and it is very ease to use.

Cons:

It is expensive and despite having the best connections you do pay for it.

Madelaine
Learning Strategist in Canada
Education Management, Self Employed

Great ease of use

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Does exactly what you need, allows you to conference with other people, has a whiteboard, easy to use interface

Cons:

Expensive to use, especially if you're a small business. There are other softwares that do similar things for free

Lee
Lee
Research Fellow in UK
Research, 51–200 Employees

Clear market leader

Pros:

Clear that zoom was the big pandemic winner for a reason. Generally seamless audio visual and user friendly. We used bluejeans before zoom took off, and I generally prefer zoom. I also use teams and meet regularly and zoom is generally the best for me. Works well on both my Mac and my android phone.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be tricky finding the right buttons for eg muting, opening the chat, putting your hand up, etc. Could probably improve there.

B.
Presient in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Pricing needs to improve

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, Zoom was our go to application until the new privacy practice went into effect and the pricing go o be too much.

Pros:

We like Zoom for meeting and trainings as it allows a good number of participants in the meting room. It is great to be able to share information with everyone at the same time.

Cons:

The cost structure is the least favorite part of this application. It is cost prohibitive to continue to use the service on a paid basis.

Niki
Trainer CEO in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Easy to use a must have for any coach, teacher or online business

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It’s been pretty good so far… 20.00 something a month and have most of the features. Webinar was too expensive to keep though so got rid of it.

Pros:

Easy to use. Can steam into Facebook or YouTube. Good to use to record lessons. Great for online appts and coaching calls. Like to record to cloud

Cons:

Expensive for webinar feature. Sometimes would crash during mercury retrograde. Zoom sometimes gets fuzzy.

Linda
Owner Operator in Mexico

Reliable Videoconferencing Software

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Good product but their lack of customer appreciation and service can be appalling.

Pros:

Automatic recording and editing capability on recordings.

Cons:

There is no discount for existing clients upon annual renewal.

Rick
Sys Admin in Canada
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

Zoom all the Way

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Cheaper then Skype for Business and Teams. Easy to use and setup. Even the average user are able to initiate meetings and not need I.T support.

Pros:

Only a handful of users need it so its perfect for us and our needs. Able to use the free version since most of our meetings are under 40 minutes. Cheaper then Skype for Business and Teams. Easy to use and to be honest, until the pandemic, never even heard of it despite it being around since 2011.

Cons:

I wish you could host 1 hour meetings not 40 minutes.

Alina de Lourdes
Economista in Ecuador
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Growing with zoom

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Using zoom allowed me to expand my radius of action to work; be able to reach more people in different cities and ensure that the impact or results of my work multiply

Pros:

the quality of the connection, the image is clear and allows me to record what I need

Cons:

The truth is so far there is nothing that I dislike

shivani
shivani
Graduate student in US
Biotechnology, 10,000+ Employees

Ease of organizing and conducting meetings with zoom

4.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience has been great. I have used other apps with the same functionalities but they are nowhere close to as user friendly as zoom is.

Pros:

Zoom is very intuitive and user friendly. They have made their features so obvious to the user that I never had to use any tutorials to understand different things. Their feature to use different filters is very convenient and using a custom filter makes it all the more appealing. It is also easy to sync and integrated other apps like gmail calendar with zoom.

Cons:

The feature of saving chats or the fact that every chat is saved by default for the host to access later, this can be an issue for multiple reasons. This borderline is a privacy issue specially when a teaching session is conducted over zoom with several hundreds students. Not many people know that this exists and might involve in discussions that are private but they actually are not since a copy will be saved by default and sent to the host. There can be more transparency around this.

MD Masoom
MD Masoom
Sr Executive Sales and Research in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

A great video conferencing/meeting platform....

Comments: My overall experience with Zoom Video Conferencing is amazing, I like everything about it if I talk about audio quality, video quality, adding multiple people and working on low-speed internet, I must say that it works amazingly on it.

Pros:

I like almost everything about Zoom Video Conferencing. Mostly I like its video quality and audio quality when I use it for conversation. The way it gives me access to add multiple people to a meeting is amazing and I also like this feature the most. Overall I can say that I am satisfied with this product.

Cons:

There is one thing that I want to highlight that I dislike about it and that is Zoom Video Conferencing is a little bit expensive compared to other tools, but it is worth to spend on it.

Suzie
Owner, Instructor in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Zoom Review

Comments: Overall, I really like Zoom a lot. It's now my main software tool for business and video conferences. It's got great video quality, and it works great on my devices. I also like that there isn't this huge ordeal to use it's system. It's got a great reputation, and almost all of the people I do business with know what Zoom is, and also already use it, so that makes it extremely easy on me as well!

Pros:

What I like most about Zoom is that it's pretty capable to have clear video's no matter what device I'm using it on. I usually have issues with my work laptop freezing up on me, and that's always been a problem with video conferences, until I started using zoom. I haven't had a problem with the video quality yet!

Cons:

Sometimes it get's confusing to figure out who's generating the conference ID. This could definitely be on my and the other people's end, but sometimes I wish Zoom didn't have so many steps to get to the actual video conference itself. There tends to be way too many unnecessary windows that pop up that make things confusing to know when your actually in the video conference or not.

Derek
Principal Engineer in US
Media Production, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zoom beats rivals with better video quality and individual preferences

Comments: We have remote team members all over the World and we have a standup everyday. Using good video really does make the personal connection stronger and the team works better with a stronger human bond. The Slack integration is great. On a whim, we can go from chatting to Zoom by using "/zoom" in the Slack channel. This takes an issue from email, tickets, and chatting to a shared video conference where we can share screens and see what people are looking at and get resolutions faster.

Pros:

This software is so easy to setup and use. Everything seems really well thought-out. The scheduled meetings give you easy calendar integrations for invitees. It provides a direct link to the meeting URL and all the phone numbers for dial-in. The preferences are easy to understand and provide way more than GoToMeeting, Cisco WebEx and BlueJeans. Meeting recordings locally or to the cloud are super helpful for group tutorials that you want to save or share. Multiple people can share their screen at the same time and you can request control of the remote shared screen. Very helpful with troubleshooting. You can change sound and video outputs straight from the software. Zoom is the best video conference software I have ever used.

Cons:

In sharing mode, the controls are stripped down and do not have text on the icons, so it can be difficult to know what they do. This goes away when you use the software every day and learn what the icons do, but this learning curve is steeper than it needs to be. The chat design it decent and doesn't cover the shared screen, like bluejeans does. However, it is just a simple chat and there could be more integrations here. We just resort to using Slack during the meeting to share links, etc. The chat is a bit hidden and not well integrated into the design.

Chad
Sr. Manager Information Technology in US
Renewables & Environment, 501–1,000 Employees

Standard for large group meetings

Comments: Zoom continues to be our go-to solution for Large group meetings (over 9 participants) and nearly all meetings with external participants. We often will use MS Teams for smaller meetings but we allows our users to chose based on personal preference.

Pros:

I have used all of the video conferencing options on the Market and Zoom is the easiest to use while providing a consistent and stable experience for all.

Cons:

The only feature that I see lacking in Zoom is the same tight integration with the Microsoft Stack that Teams has. With that said, it still integrates nicely with Outlook so it's easy to schedule meetings.

Amy
Director in US
Libraries, 11–50 Employees

A Lifesaver During Covid

Comments: Prior to covid I'd utilized zoom occasionally but not on the paid level. I had to upgrade our usage to allow for more people to be included in meetings and my staff to utilize it as well for online library program offerings. It's been great. I can easily schedule a meeting, sent out notice to my attendees and even send it to Facebook Live so that I can still make my meeting accessible for public viewing. (We're subject to open records laws)

Pros:

Eight months ago Video Conferencing seemed like something that I'd never have to truly look into beyond an occasional use, more for fun, not really work. The Covid 19 Crisis made me rethink that. I'm the director of a small public library in Kentucky. We are required legally to host monthly trustees meetings to keep tabs on/make the community aware of the utilization of tax dollars and services offered. But what do you do when you can't allow those trustees to be in the same room together for the sake of their health? Zoom really saved us.

Cons:

I've not encountered any real issue with our use of Zoom thus far. It's been easy to use for myself and the library trustees.

Nadia
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

Best video conferencing available

Comments: Overall, really good! Connectivity can get wonky sometimes, but that's probably more to do with internet connections than anything. Like I mentioned, starting a meeting as a host is also a little less intuitive (or I'm just missing something obvious). But other than those things, I find Zoom pleasurable to use and easy.

Pros:

Zoom has, by far, been the best video conferencing software I've ever used. It's not perfect, but it's far and away the best in terms of video quality, connectivity, ease of setup, and fun features. What I like most is the intuitive nature of setting up video and audio settings. It's simple to make changes to things like brightness or microphone volume, whereas with other video software I've used, I feel that I usually have to guess and search for those settings.

Cons:

Zoom can be wonky in terms of starting a call specifically. For example, for almost every scheduled Zoom meeting that I make, if I try to start the meeting through the app, I somehow always end up in a different room than the one that my invitees are in. So, I usually end up just using the same link that I send to my invitees, which means our meeting usually has no host, but it works so *shrug*. Not ideal, but it's a workaround that hasn't proven to have any cons, so I'll take it.

Jonathan
Operations Manager in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Saved Our Company

Comments: I covered this in the pros section, but overall Zoom has been a pretty stable product to work with. Much better user interface. More novice friendly. Seems less glitchy. As I said before, our proceeds from using Zoom quite literally saved our company from closing during the pandemic.

Pros:

Compared to similar products, Zoom was much easier to implement at a higher level. We were able to pivot quickly with the pandemic from solely relying on our teams providing services to being able to take on an educational and consulting role. Zoom was the easiest by far to teach to even the three septuagenarians in the office. We have been using it to teach classes to other companies in our industry, the revenue from which singlehandedly paid several payrolls during the most locked down times of the pandemic.

Cons:

While I certainly understand that some compression is necessary to allow it to work on slow connections I do feel that the audio quality is sometimes kinda crummy. Ditto for video quality. I would also love to see integration for external audio processing (VSTs and such) to allow the

Financial Services Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great with Audio/Video and Simplicity/Ease of use but needs some improvement in Communications.

Comments: I have been using Zoom for over 2 years now and have loved the experience so far. With the simple and easy to sue experience that it provides, it makes our jobs easier not to have to train employees on how to use it but that also brings a drawback in terms of the features as I could really use some features that help in efficient communication. Having just whiteboards is not enough to communicate everything we want to so we prefer having separate tools for that like Mural.

Pros:

I liked the Audio/Video features. Zoom allows me to host and attend meetings in a really smooth manner especially with the Dynamic Working arrangement that we are in during the pandemic. I also like how simple and easy-to-use Zoom is as we did not have to roll out any kind of strict training for people to get up to speed with Zoom. Zoom is also not very costly and is easily handled by the Admin groups so reduces a lot of extra efforts that other tools sometimes need in terms of maintenance and infrastructure.

Cons:

I did not like the contact and communication management of Zoom. It is hard to find new features that help in efficient communication and collaboration. We use different tools like Mural to provide efficient communication between the teams but would have really loved it if similar features were there in Zoom itself.

Muhammad
Youtuber, Freelancer in Pakistan
Internet, Self Employed

The Zoom, My Favourite Presentation tool.

Comments: Now if we talk about my overall experience with zoom, then I can say that zoom is the worst and valuable software on my computer.
I'm not using zoom to only serve my sometimes with my friends, I am also using the zoom on a business level to generate good revenue. I used to provide online services of youtube watch time and youtube SEO, but some customers ask for a live demo first. And for that, I use to schedule a meeting with my client firstly on zoom. And on the live meeting, I will clear him each and everything through my screen share, and in return, he will offer me a good budget.
Now if you also want to manage your business online or want to schedule an online meeting with your clients or want an online meetup with your youtube audience then definitely no platform is better than zoom. just download it free from Capterra and start enjoying a good life with zoom.

Pros:

I liked the private chat and screen recording during the live meetings, too much. No matter has many participants have been joined, I can always chat with anyone privately. I can also send my message to all participants at once by going into the live chat tab. I usually do this, when I use to give live demo tutorials to my website users through the Zoom meeting app. I always use to chat privately with my professor during my online class, because I feel shame in asking a question before while class. But with the use of zoom, I can ask as many questions as they appear in my mind. And the second thing, why I liked the screen recording feature of zoom too much? The answer is so simple, I don't want to lose my client's trust and I also don't want to waste my own time. Because I can't offer tutorials to my clients, again and again, That is why I use to record my computer screen and upload screen recording on google drive and on dropbox. Now whenever any of my clients will ask me for the same demo, I will simply send him a link to the previous recording. And almost my all clients are totally satisfied with this method.

Cons:

Actually, there is nothing that I found difficult to use or something least in this such amazing software. But I wish that there should be an option of Youtube Live streaming. I wish there should be an option too, There must be an option of linking google drive. Once live streaming or meeting is done, It should automatically upload the whole recording video to google drive for backup purposes. Now talk about that why there should be an option of youtube channel linking? The reason behind this one is, this thing wastes a lot of time to upload a video manually on google drive and on youtube. But I have to upload these recording videos on youtube because I can't store such long data on my personal computer. That's why I wish there should be an option of linking youtube and google drive or dropbox. It is not necessary to link google drive, I wish there may be an option of a cloud storage service to save our data. I hope that the respected team of zoom will take a look at my request and will introduce these features for me in the future.

E-Learning, Self Employed

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom!

Comments: I have used zoom to attend webinars and participate in online meetings as well as large conferences. I have also run workshops and webinars as trainer and co-hosted webinars and online conferences. Overall the experience is pleasant and the controls are very useful.

Pros:

A simple fact is that everybody knows Zoom, ever since the pandemic made video calls a main stay for any knowledge work type of activity. If you are hosting a webinar or an online conference this means most of your attendees will already know the basics of how it works. The main features are simple to operate, and Zoom gives the host many more options to "control the room". Zoom seems to be conscious of saving your data, which means it often works better than other tools especially on flaky or low speed connections.

Cons:

As a host there are many options, but these are often not very intuitive to operate. Zoom's well known privacy blunders at the onset of the pandemic don't instill trust in the security of the tool (to be fair, they do say they have largely fixed those issues).

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Zoom is the standard for meetings now

Comments: Overall, zoom is wonderful!

Pros:

The software is clean, user friendly, and has a wonderful suite of integrations that make meetings seamless and better than ever before. Screen sharing, meeting recording, and webinars/conferences are some of my favorite features. The video and audio quality is consistently better than other competitors. I use Krisp to increase the audio quality of my calls, especially when I'm working in a public/loud place. We also use Otter.ai to record transcripts of the meetings and create easy meeting notes for everyone to view!

Cons:

Security and privacy could be a little bit better, but there are also things on the administrator side that can be done to maximize security and privacy in a call. I also wish the chat feature was a little more dynamic. Private messages from one caller to another are not easily seen by the recipient. Notifications would be really appropriate here. Also, if someone comments in the chat something inappropriate, the moderator has no control. The 40 minute time limit for the free accounts is inconvenient, but that's obviously purposeful. The Zoom subscription price point is pretty high, but you're getting a top of the line software.

Joshua
Tech Support Engineer in US
Insurance Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Best Meeting software

Comments: It's been great for us. We have over 600 users and 250 are licensed users. Unlicensed users can join any meeting and can host meetings, but they have a 40 minute time limit. It is super easy to switch licenses from one user to another. A huge money saver to not have everyone licensed. As an admin, you can check the portal and see the meeting quality and the participants. Virtual backgrounds can make meetings fun and or more professional. The video and call quality are great. The features are easy for users to understand without support.

Pros:

Easy to use. If the other people in the meeting don't have Zoom downloaded, they can just click a link and join a meeting that way. There are great controls for the host of the meeting. You can mute and turn off videos of other users if needed. Super easy to share screens and with a Pro license you can save recordings to the cloud and not take up space on your machine.

Cons:

Being able to give control of your screen to another user is a great feature. This is especially helpful when a Mac user needs remote support and traditional ways of remoting in won't work. The only downside is when you are remoted in, you cannot use admin creds. It limits the amount of virtual support you can give.

Bob
Bob
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Zoom works the best out all the systems I have tried.

Comments: By using Zoom meetings, I am able to record for both, my audio podcasts and my video training programs by using one simple software. Prior to using Zoom, I was using two and sometimes three different platforms to accomplish the same thing I can do through Zoom!

Pros:

Zoom is the most stable platform I have used. Zoom is becoming widely acceptable and is used by many of the clients whom I interview. Zoom allows me to schedule the meetings in advance or simply send an invitation straight from the software itself.

Cons:

I wish the ability was provided to eliminate all of the small icons of people on the call without having to upgrade to the webinar system.

Suzana
Marketing Director in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Modern Meetings Made Easy!

Comments: Overall, Zoom Meetings & Chat has become a great way to get work done in a simple manner. Everyone is online now, and in person conferences are outdated. Whether you're working from home, remotely, or need several members in different states to jump on a conference, and watch your screen for training purposes, I would recommend it. Overall it is pretty easy to use, but I would definitely RUN A TEST MEETING FIRST with at least one other person so you can guide colleagues accessing it for the first time. I have used other video meetings, and Zoom has worked seamlessly for me. Of course you don't need to use it just for business, my son's classroom uses it, as well as you can chat with family members, change backgrounds for fun interaction too. I will likely continue to use Zoom Meetings & Chat for a long while.

Pros:

This is a great time to use modern software like Zoom Meetings & Chat for video conference and meetings. I will try to go over all the features which I believe makes this software customizable. You can use it either through a desktop, ipad or tablet, as well as your cell phone. The cellphone or other tablets may have limited features though. The thing I like the most about Zoom is being able to schedule several meeting, invite individual members to the meeting, either through a meeting ID number and password (optional) or a specific URL as an easy access link. I believe all invited need to have the software downloaded AND create a login. For training purposes, you can easily show your screen to your meeting members, so if they have a hard time accessing or understanding the information given to them, you can show them step by step. The host can also screen record the meeting to share with someone that wasn't available to attend the meeting. The host is the only one who can all members at once and individually mute/unmute. Everyone has the option of seeing a gallery of members on one screen or one person at a time (generally whoever is speaking). Lastly, there is a chat option included, but if you're on a tablet or phone you can't access the chat and see members at the same time. The chat is good to share links or information shared that you want members to access. Sorry about the list but they really have SO MANY OPTIONS.

Cons:

The host MUST have a strong internet capability otherwise there may be some lagging so keep that in mind. Also, members that are accessing the meeting over a phone or tablet may have a limited amount of features, so I highly recommend a desktop (with camera) and hard internet wired for a more professional approach. I do believe they have currently waived the 40 minute max for meetings, but generally, I think you have to pay extra to have meetings longer than 40 minutes. This is not usually a problem, unless you have a very long meeting. Meeting Security/Safety is another issue. I would HIGHLY suggest not sharing URL links online. ONLY SHARE URLS OR MEETING IDS DIRECTLY WITH WHO YOU WANT TO ATTEND, AND HAVE IT PASSWORD PROTECTED. If your meeting isn't password protected, it may be likely that anyone could access your meeting. The last thing you want is a stranger jumping into your meeting and roaming free on what they say or show. There are people like that out there, so save yourself the trouble.

Senthilkumar
Senthilkumar
Senior QA specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Perfect business video conferencing partner!

Comments: I really satisfied with the product features come with, but still lot of improvements needed on UI and security, connection lagging features.

Pros:

Perfect fit to any quick business meeting on the go and suits for all remote workers, no special training needed. Toll based calling options are available. As my company had enterprise subscription, it allowed more than 500+ participants same time, unlimited meeting and time. Also streaming and recording features helped a lot of users while business are commuting or busy in other activities. As it can be integrated with Microsoft Office/Outlook 365, all features like calendar items would be notified that makes the user easy to plan ahead of time. Also it has integration support on Slack and Zapier. Scalable for usage subscription that helps a lot in the organization itself. File sharing is pretty easy across users during the meeting. Love the intuitive UI design and layout. Nice utility tools like whiteboards, annotator, chats, and more options along with sharing the screen. Easy to split the meeting users into different breakout rooms to manage the meeting purpose. It allows virtual background customization that satisfies user personalization, presentation ability, organizational branding pictures/logos, and follows privacy standards.

Cons:

App must be downloaded to use it rather go for web based. Once user enter any password or secured information which cannot be deleted. You may not expect HD quality in video streaming. Limited bandwidth size for storing webinars and recordings if you have longer meetings in place. Zoom-bombing issue gets some time during the meeting if you forward meeting invite to non-intended participants. While in breakout rooms, may not possible to add the co-host which is one of the disadvantage. Our business users started using Chromebooks, but it does not support it.