15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Iterable

Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized, and dynamic

Learn more about Iterable

Pros:

Very easy to use and able to integrate with many other programs.

Cons:

Their API goes down occasionally. Usually not to a significant determinant, and they give us fair warning each time, but it can be annoying.

Iterable ratings

4.2
4.5
4.3
4.1

8.4/10

Iterable has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 46 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Iterable before?

Alan
Alan
Content Marketing Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic email marketing software with great workflows

Comments: Overall we've had a very positive experience with Iterable that has given me autonomy over email marketing and have had not to rely too much on developers to help me achieve my email marketing goals.

Pros:

The WYSIWYG editor for emails is really nice because I can build emails without any code and make them look on brand and functional. The workflow tool is also really powerful for building automatic campaigns that continually perform well.

Cons:

Iterable feels like it just slow sometimes. Loading campaigns, saving templates, navigating to different parts of the software. If the pages and elements loaded faster it would feel a lot more snappy.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Leading the marketing automation pack

Pros:

There is no one tool in marketing automation that is perfect, but Iterable checks the most boxes today out of any of them. Customer support is fantastic. Segmentation is fantastic. UI is improving. The tool's overall power for users with little technical background is superb.

Cons:

I think the reporting tools could be a bit better. Supports MMS through Twilio would also be a huge bonus.

Alternatives Considered: Braze and Customer.io

Switched From: Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to Iterable: Customer support and overall flexibility of the platform

Kim
Director of Engineering in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Rainbows and unicorns promised

Comments: Automatic blame deflection of any issues we've raised, canned responses and total failure to meet promised value

Pros:

Cart abandoner targeting promised, non-engineer self-service of complex marketing and retargeting campaigns.

Cons:

Blaming Segment for failure to merge anonymous events with identified users, blaming Segment for integration failures that caused significant loss of data. Awful limitations of workflows. No ability of non-engineers to actually successfully self-service on pretty much any features. Zero interest on actually enabling us to leverage the service to create value

, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use with potential for powerful customization

Comments: Overall, I would definitely recommend Iterable. As much as SFMC and others have dominated the market, their data structures and backend setup are more archaic and not easily scalable without custom implementation (SFMC frequently has to shuffle databases around based on client volume since many share instances and the larger ones can take an entire instance down). Although I think Iterable has some catching up to do in terms of more robust customization capabilities, and certain platform capabilities, I still think it's an innovative new tool that has a promising future to bring more powerful function than the old school platforms can keep up with.

Pros:

The interface is intuitive and easy to use. Having no prior experience, I was able to jump in quickly and navigate through setting up an email blast within a day. The object based data setup is also easy and intuitive to understand, despite coming from a traditional "relational tables" platform and background.

Cons:

There are certain key features of an Email Platform that I find lacking for Iterable. Nothing show stopping, but things that I would have thought would be intuitively built in: no auto-suppression can be applied based on send classification (transactional vs. marketing), basic date comparison logic is not available (should be easy for eng to build, given they just need to set additional functions), no re-usable global content blocks available (think of SFMCs Content Areas, where you can house snippets of code, or static html, and wherever needed pull that content in to multiple emails, without having to recreate the same code over and over again - universal footer, header, etc).

Raja
Raja
Email Operations Manager in US
Internet, 201–500 Employees

Great innovative, growing product and highly recommended.

Comments: This product helps us daily with our email marketing needs.

Pros:

What I like is since I started using Iterable, the product has been evolving and getting more innovative. I enjoy the workflow section on the UI. I enjoy when my team needs product enhancements, they are willing to hear our needs out and work on improving. I like the great customer success team and always helping us. Finally, the upper management and when in need being available to get in discussion with any further needs we might have.

Cons:

I would really like the segmentation piece to be improved. I would like to work with Iterable on needs here as I have found many flaws that I have iterated, but yet not gotten solved. Like searching for a number of campaigns that are similar all at once instead of doing OR's with tons of campaign ids. To be able to query a full workflow.

Mohamed
Associate Payments in Jordan
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Uncomplicated tools to ensure the effective reach of marketing campaigns

Comments: Iterable has helped us organize marketing activities and improve their tracking methods. Iterable's advanced technologies also enable us to efficiently classify potential customers so that we can provide them with the information that best suits their needs.

Pros:

Iterable's easy-to-use interface helps us prepare and run marketing campaigns better, as we can also customize several different funnels to ensure we meet the needs of all potential customers. Iterable enables us to segment processes, ensuring that customers can access all the details they need. The ready-made templates are perfect, and we can easily customize them to fit the content we want to present. The reports also provide all the details of the processes, including the actual reach rate, so that we can assess the actual interaction and identify areas for improvement.

Cons:

We had some issues with integration with other apps that we need to manage workflow and monitor customer contact, and the Iterable support team helped us find the best way to connect with the rest of the apps as well as manage all operations related to our marketing campaigns from one platform.

Brent
Sr. Manager Email Marketing in US
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Iterable - Marketing Automation Review

Comments: Overall it is a very good product with good support and with a good product road map it can be top of its class.

Pros:

Custom events are scalable and extremely custom

Cons:

The reporting needs updated on what can be queried to report on

Anita
Anita
Senior Product Marketing Manager in US
Internet, 201–500 Employees

Impressed with the breadth of functionality

Pros:

We chose Iterable based on the strength of its API and its ability to handle a multi-million list size. As a marketer, Iterable has a number of powerful advanced features that make it easy for me to perform segmentation, write workflows and run multivariate tests. The support team is beyond amazing; they are knowledgeable and go out of their way to ensure their customers succeed.

Cons:

Our engineers get a bit frustrated about some of the technical limitations. For example, certain types of API calls are currently centered around the individual user vs. a particular list (meaning that Iterable is designed to ping your server X million times for each user on a list vs. 1 X for the list itself). That said, the Iterable product team is very responsive to customer feedback, and this shortcoming is on the short-term roadmap to be fixed.

Molly
Molly
Community Specialist in US
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Powerful tool, worth the hike up the learning curve

Pros:

Once you understand Iterable, it's life changing. Being new to the email marketing game and moving over from a clunky and buggy predecessor, Iterable is devastatingly powerful. The User Segmentation feature is a quick and efficient way to find the exact audience you're looking for. Workflows simplify life in ways I didn't know I needed.

Cons:

Iterable does have a very steep learning curve, the first few weeks of using it were rough. Occasionally the HTML editor's interface annoys me with too many scroll bars and way too much to scroll through, but that's just a matter of getting used to making sure your mouse is in the correct position.

Internet, 11–50 Employees

Iterable has a lot of potential

Pros:

The interface is fairly user friendly. Setting up workflows based on events, recurring lists or api posts is also fairly intuitive. The customer success team seems open to feedback and submitting tickets.

Cons:

The thing that frustrates my team the most with Iterable is the lack of consistency between functionality. Of course, you don't realize what's missing until it's gone but, while Iterable has made considerable strides in the reporting suite. The basic daily export of subscriber status is still seemingly too tall of an ask. While the success team seems open to feedback and submitting tickets, there is often an absence of follow through.

Public Relations & Communications, 51–200 Employees

Rare Gem

Comments: We use Iterable every day to protect the sender reputation of our clients doing mass mailing. Couldn't do without.

Pros:

It's rare that a software company like Iterable has such helpful customer support. Even in silly questions with help on mocking up emails, they are so willing to help and fix the problem we are experiencing. Great direct integrations with gravity forms and even better workflows!

Cons:

Only complaint with iterable is you do not have the ability to recall a send. Wish the emails went out a bit slower in case of emergency... or at least wish you had the option to slow down send times.

Ciprian
Senior PHP Developer in Ireland
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

A developer oriented alternative to Mailchimp

Pros:

It has a slew of options and ways of creating audiences and targeting users via categories, funnels, actions and events. The API is very complex and a bit difficult to use if you don't contact the support every day.

Cons:

Little documentation and long waiting times for tickets and support requests.

Jr
Tools and Systems Coordinator in Philippines
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Iterable - Email send and receive

Comments: Overall, I really love to use Iterable because this software is really user-friendly.

Pros:

I really like the support team of this software. To be honest, this software is not that hard to learn but there are times that you feel like your at the end of the road and cannot get the outcome you need to have for your report but there's their support who will share some tips and tricks and sometimes links from their support page/help docs.

Cons:

I only dislike the part of the software where the user fields sometimes looks confusing as there are lots of details that can be found in it.

Whitney
Email Marketing Coordinator in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Love using Iterable!

Pros:

Iterable's interface is intuitive, clean and easy to use. List management is so much easier than other tools, updating and maintaining lists is no longer a pain. The reporting tool is super easy. You can aggregate multiple campaigns and specific time ranges with ease.

Cons:

The main con I have with this tool is how cumbersome it is to upload photos. There are multiple back and forth steps and the process as whole could be a lot easier. I think this is something they are aware of and are working on, however.

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Easy and powerful

Pros:

It empowers email marketers to launch campaigns effortlessly. Everything is intuitive to use, from campaign planning, template set-up, automation workflow constructing, database management, and analytics overview. Iterable has helped me launch several large, complex campaigns successfully.

Cons:

Looking forward to seeing progress in improving the newly-launched product features, such as send-time optimization and brand affinity.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Best marketing platform

Pros:

Would recommend over any other platform. Great product for a great value. We use it for all our clients and it delivers far superior service than any of its competitors that we have tried.

Paul
Paul
CRM Manager in US
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

State of the art email campaign tool

Pros:

Iterable is a beautiful tool that I've been using for a couple of years for email marketing. The list management, template design, and custom workflows features are easy to use and powerful.

Cons:

I feel the reporting is the one weak point, there can be much improvement here.

Tim
Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Iterable Marketing Platform

Pros:

Easy to use platform with cross channel marketing. Open API that allows for various integrations and to work seamlessly with all your programs.

Cons:

Like any platform sometimes processed are delayed. More information when maintence is being performed would be useful.

Sheel
Dir of Operations in US
Cosmetics, 51–200 Employees

A lot of cutting edge features, maybe too advanced

Pros:

The behavioral based segmentation features are very powerful and put a lot of power from the engineering/analytics teams into the marketing team. Behavioral based segmentation, dynamic lists, and large workflows all have a lot flexibility but that can cause errors in incorrect lists/segments/emails.

Cons:

An ESP has to encompass so many features to be useful and there are some that Iterable doesn't have or have just recently launched, such as an analytics dashboard to see how campaigns are performing against each other. Iterable has definitely focused on the advanced segmentation and workflows, but still has to build a lot of other core features that email marketers will find necessary.

Andrew
strategist in US
Public Relations & Communications, 11–50 Employees

Iterable is great! Great for marketing for agencies

Comments: Email marketing

Pros:

I like that it's incredibly easy to use. As opposed to a software like salesforce thats much less user friendly, iterable is super simple, but still lots of features.

Cons:

There are a few issues sometimes with the third party drag and drop feature, but other than that I haven't ran into any big issues.

George
Marketing Designer in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

It makes email marketing so easy!

Pros:

It's easy to use and understand. It's also very easy for me to create an email template for the rest of the team to use. The feature of multiple accounts is also a great way to easily switch between teams.

Cons:

There's a few bugs here and there, but the support team are always happy to help me out! I do wish there was an easy way for me to upload images for the email templates.

Laura
Marketing Manager in
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Iterable is a game changer of an ESP

Pros:

Intuitive, clean UI and UX. Amazing customer support that's very responsive, knowledgeable and always eager to help. Iterable is very receptive to user feedback, and is constantly improving and building the too

Cons:

The only issue I've had is with load times with list segmentation here and there- but nowhere near the level of frustration I've had with other legacy systems.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Painful implementation and hidden costs for a mediocre email marketing platfom

Comments: Uphill battle for implementation all the way. Make sure you detail out EVERYTHING you need from them and get more than a "sure" from the rep before you commit.

Pros:

API is full featured and you seem to be able to do most everything in the client API that you can in the portal.

Cons:

So many surprises from our discussions before we started that keep coming up. Delays because of long warmup time, additional external integrations/software we need that were not previously mentioned, data integrations that just are not available.

Volodymyr
Front End Developer in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Iterable Review

Comments: Super positive, I love the features Iterable provides. All in one package for Marketers

Pros:

Ease of use, automations features, integrations with other platforms.

Cons:

I think, drag and drop editor can be a bit improved. Maybe ability to add custom build blocks to drag and drop editor (kinda like HubSpot dynamic templates)

Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

Excellent for workflows, but lacking in other areas

Comments: I really like Iterable and I think they're on to a winner, it does feel like they're still in early stages as not everything feels completely ironed out

Pros:

The workflow functionality is really great and offers a lot of opportunities for CRM management

Cons:

Certain features don't function as you'd expect them to, and report stats aren't as clear and easy to use as competitors.