About kintone

Think about it. Build it. Kintone's visual application builder lets you create and customize enterprise apps, zero coding required.

Learn more about kintone

Pros:

We have now customized and created databases to track our cats (we're a cat rescue), their statuses, any medical visits and costs, and our donors, adopters and fosters.

Cons:

There is no calendar that can be used to show appointments, case dates, deadlines. Other than that, it does everything else.

kintone ratings

4.5
4.7
4.4
4.6

8.9/10

kintone has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 121 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used kintone before?

Sandra
CEO in Australia
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Increased productivity and time to focus on value add/business growing activities

Comments: Our organisation was driven by spreadsheets and staff worked incredibly long hours and we imposed inefficient processes that were time consuming on our contractors. We have more than halved the amount of time required to undertake basic operational tasks and similarly reduced non-value adding effort on the side of our contractors. Our corporate knowledge is now supported by a strong and secure auditable system. The Kintone team have been exceptional in assisting us to realise our business vision with regard to systems.

Pros:

Kintone was flexible enough to be allow us to re-create our somewhat unique business requirements from data collection, to workflow, to linking with other systems such as Formstack, Docusign and Xero, to communicating with contractors and customers. We were able to eliminate as much mundane and time consuming activities as possible to ensure that the only interventions required by staff members is to "add some value".

Cons:

It is a little clunky around external organisations and users which we need to duplicate and link as organisations/contacts with departments/users

2 months ago

Hi Sandra, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's is helping your business increase productivity. Your comment regarding clunkiness will be duly noted and passed over to the team. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

James
IT System & Security Administrator in US
Machinery, 51-200 Employees

Kintone help smooth daily operations

Comments: so far so good, Kintone suites most of our company needs and has potential to serve in more areas.

Pros:

process management, document organization, customized space for different department, workflow tracking and automation. easy to create app for different purpose.

Cons:

user management and some database integration need improve, but since it's fairly new system compare to others, it's understandable, need to collect more user data and feed backs.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing kintone: interface is not update, lack of functionalities, no report system, licensing, could not cover multiple need in one place.

Switched From: Microsoft Project and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to kintone: interface, easy to use, no coding, easy management, pricing, support.

2 months ago

Hi James, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's different features are helping your business. Your feedback regarding user management and database integration will be duly noted and passed over to the team. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Andrew
Sales Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees

I Highly Recommend Kintone

Comments: It has greatly helped us to organize our data in one location. It is also the place where people can get the most updated copy of information. We usually update catalogs, pictures, data sheets and so employees usually have several copies and different versions. It's great to know which one is the most updated copy to use, for example. Love how you can customize the data fields to your specific needs.

Pros:

I like how you can easily customize data fields and organize information in a completely custom way.

Cons:

When you create a table inside an app, it would be nice to be able to auto sort them and/or use filters. Please make more native Kintone plugins for further customization!

Alternatives Considered: Sage CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing kintone: Microsoft Dynamics CRM was not user friendly so most of our staff ended up barely using the CRM or not at all. Also, they would frequently update the system and layout for better functionality (supposedly). However, the layout, organizational design, and features could drastically changed. This made staff (especially less technology inclined staff) even more reluctant to use this CRM.

Switched From: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to kintone: Better support especially at implementation. Having the ability to make a custom database was the most appealing factor.

2 months ago

Hi Andrew, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's customizability is helping your business. Your comment regarding creating a table in an app will be duly noted and passed over to the team. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Bobbie Sue
Mediation Supervisor in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

We love Kintone

Comments: We spent a lot of time developing, tying to get our apps all set before we dove in. We just started to use it and it is so much easier than our old systems. Thank you Kintone!

Pros:

We were doing our case management remotely with Microsoft office products, which was time consuming and challenging when server issues prevented access. Kintone is great! It is easy to use, so customizable, has great features and they are constantly adding more plug ins and connections. We can connect to outside programs and we can move around fields and create apps for pretty much whatever we need. There is great support in setting up apps and learning the ways to develop Kintone to how you want it. We have requested some complicated connections and feature set ups to make our work easier and our Kintone support team has risen to the challenge. Better yet, the functonality is easy enough for a non-tech person to be able to learn how to build apps, add plug-ins and more. No more waiting for an outside tech person to add a field i need now. I can do it! Also, it was wonderful not to have our contacts pressuring us trying to UP-SELL and add on more costs and services. We are a small non-profit without a big budget for the case management system, and thankfully the Kintone team is trying to help us work with our needs while being sensitive to our cost restraints.

Cons:

There are many different outside programs we use that we can connect (yay), but the cost of getting someone to code the connection is a difficult upfront cost to afford. Had to pick and choose what was most important.

Courtney
Operations in US

Love Kintone for Data Entry, Work flow and Project Management

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I absolutely love Kintone! It has modernized our business & reduced data duplication. We now have a project management tool and can see tasks being done among the team in real time. It has highly reduced the amount of emails and outlook calendar reminders, since I can set automatic notifications and reminders. The team I work with at Kintone has been a tremendous help anytime I have questions about implementing new processes. The sky is the limit and I am excited to see things evolve!

Pros:

It is easy to build apps that speak to one another, separating departments but not having to duplicate data

Cons:

Its hard to import when there are multiple tables or when there is a lookup field in an app. sometimes I can search a field from the drop down by typing out the word and sometimes that feature is unavailable. It would be nice to have more native plugins with better instructions

Alternatives Considered: Quickbase, Trello, Zoho Desk, monday.com, Asana and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to kintone: Kintone was easy to implement. I had a limited amount of time transitioning from our "old school" ways to something more modern and Kintone made the process seamless. They had support like no other and many training tools available.

Tara
Executive Director in US

Takes the Stress Out

Comments: I have accurate reports, solid information and feel confident in my presentations because of the ability to have reports at my fingertips.

Pros:

I love that Kintone allows me to retrieve our data in an easy to understand way. I can pull reports, manipulate them and present the data easily.

Cons:

I wish it were a bit more flexible in regards to searching for information.

2 years ago

Hello Tara, Thank you for your wonderful review! We're glad to hear you are satisfied with Kintone, and find our product user-friendly. I've included a link below on how to search data in Kintone. Searching Data: https://get.kintone.help/k/en/user/search/search_details.html Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Mary
Brand and Learning Content Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Kintone Provides an Intuituve Citizen Developer Tool that Novices Can Set Up in Minutes

Comments: Very impressed with how straight-forward the product is, how down-to-earth and helpful sales and support staff are. There were no surprises. No "temporary" pricing. What you see is what you get, and it has greatly improved our content management and work flow process. A bit plus is the ability to link apps so that matching fields can be automatically populated, avoiding wasteful double data entry.

Pros:

Kintone was so easy; logical interface with drag-and-drop functionality that makes creating your first app easy. Or you can upload a spreadsheet and decide how you want the data to display.

Cons:

Some of the functionality, such as setting up reminders, was complicated and required assistance from customer support. There is no way to "mass delete" notifications.

2 months ago

Hi Mary, Thanks for your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone is helping your business. Please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Russell
Consultant in US
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Great Value and Easy to Use

Comments: Great, customer support has been easy to use and the staff is very knowledgable about the product.

Pros:

Kintone is easy to customize without coding knowledge and offers almost all of the functionality of products that are 5x as expensive.

Cons:

Integrations with other programs need to be refined and the ability to reverse a step in the process management system would be really helpful.

2 years ago

Hello Russel, Thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear you enjoy Kintone's flexibility and functionalities! As for the integrations, we have Kintone Developer Program; Help and support on plugins, integrations, technical assistance can be found here. Kintone Developer Program: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us You can set up Process Management so the status can be reversed. I would be happy to connect you with your Customer Success rep to help set this up on your domain! Our team is always glad to help you if you need any further support. Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Ben
Project Manager in US
Printing, 2-10 Employees

Great product!

Comments: We have automated our quoting process, our freight shipping process, our purchasing process, and many other procedures with Kintone. If there's a problem, chances are, we can fix it with Kintone.

Pros:

I love the custom nature of the software and the ability to customize every app with JavaScript. Offbeat Press is a custom screen printing company so everything we do is custom and we need a software that can keep up with all of our custom needs. Kintone does that.

Cons:

If you don't have experience with JavaScript, it can become a little more expensive for various add-ons, but not much. And, at the end of the day, that's not a con against Kintone. It's a con against whoever is building the apps.

Alternatives Considered: Claris FileMaker, Quickbase, Zoho Docs, Airtable, Salesforce Sales Cloud and LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to kintone: Their price point and ease of use were the perfect melding point for us.

2 years ago

Hello Ben, Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you enjoyed the flexibility of our product. As you may already know, we have Kintone Developer Program for help and support on plugins and integrations. Kintone Developer Program: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Co-Founder in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

The People make the Product

Comments: Transitioned a complex database with many "many to many" relationships which don't seem to something the designers at Kintone make a priority but thanks to experts and determined support from the team, we've figured most things out. We have a lot of work to do yet and it can feel daunting but thanks to the support, it is doable.

Pros:

The support. Figuring things out wasn't intuitive for me and without the support team, I'd likely not have seen the transition through. The team was unbelievably patient and kind and smart about ensuring we didn't get it fast...but correct. Support team truly was the best value and made all the difference in the world.

Cons:

Challenging to use and learn. Lack of comprehensive tutorials. I would always search first for help but only found very basic guidance which made me feel terrible for always having to turn to support team to figure things out. The product is great if you are very tech savvy and have advanced skills... or if you have the team for support. But if we had to go this alone, we'd never have endured.

4 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for your review! Our support team truly appreciates all of your feedback, and we're always happy to help whenever you need it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need assistance! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Silvia Elena
CEO in US
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

LOve it

Comments: Really good

Pros:

Love to used and the ability to customize existing apps

Cons:

relationship between apps when you change this over and app it doesn't change it automatically we have to upadate :S

2 years ago

Hello Silvia, Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you love our easy to use, customizable product. If you're currently using Lookup field, I might recommend using Related Records. Related Records will be updated automatically when the changes are made on the source app. Another way you can update your records in an app is to import from an Excel or CSV file. I've included a link below on how to update records in bulk. Help Center: https://bit.ly/3d4yCLD Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Kimberly
Executive Director in US

Kintone Makes Reports Easy

Comments: The data allows me to understand our target audience and see when the dynamics of our audience change over time. For example, we always assumed that 90 percent or more of our audience was low income. Now that we have more data entered into Kintone, I see that our audience is 80 percent low income. This reflects the shift in our local population, but it wasn't until we had more data in Kintone that I could see our assumption was wrong.

Pros:

It's a comprehensive database that helps me wrote reports to funders. It allows me to customize the data I collect and easily make changes as needed.

Cons:

I wish there was an app that I could easily use on my phone in the field without having to use the desktop version.

3 years ago

Hi Kimberly, Thank you for your feedback! We've been making some major updates to our Kintone mobile app since the beginning of the year. This will allow you to work on your phone from anywhere. It is available in both Google Play and the IOS store. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

Scott
Operations Manager in US
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees

Kintone for quick and easy data storage and access

Pros:

Kintone is quick and easy to setup and use.

Cons:

You cant organize the home page very much.

2 months ago

Hi Scott We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone is helping your business. Please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Karen
Project Management in US

Highly recommend Kintone to improve your efficiency

Comments: Wonderful. Only criticism I have is that I wish, as a Partner, I had more access to some actual apps. I do not find the already completed templates that helpful. It is much more helpful to see it actually in use for different companies. I completely understand customers right to their own developed software, but as a Partner who has signed an agreement with you, I would think that my company could have access to look at different 'in use' apps with the understanding that they would not be shared with customers. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is helping us to get access to apps one by one, but it has been a slow process that has delayed our sales effort.

Pros:

Intuitive and easy to use. Helpful employees. With a bit of help from Kintone, able to do everything I have needed from a somewhat complex lengthy first project.

Cons:

No. It could work a bit on its appearance (ability to easily change colors on background, font, etc.) but for its functionality, ease of use and ability, it's top notch.

2 years ago

Hello Karen, Thank you for your positive feedback! Happy to hear kintone helped you improve your efficiency. We encourage feedback and product requests and I'd be happy to relay yours to the team. Our team is always glad to help you if you need any further support. Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Remus
Head of Production and Quality in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Data made easy - no experience necessary !

Comments: Excellent ! While the self serve help center has its limitation , my overall experience is positive because when I reached out to someone in the Kintone team , I always got the answers that I was looking for.

Pros:

I like the fact that I was able to figure it out by myself , without the need to run to IT , as we all know that once IT is involved you usually get something that work for them and not for the end user.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike , although I would want to see a more in depth self serve help center . In the current form when you search for solutions on how to solve a problem ( problem in terms of figuring out how to build exactly what you need, not system being down or the like) you might get lucky and find something that will help you. In my view , it would help if customer generated "help solutions" would be made available.

kintone Response

4 years ago

Hi Remus, Thank you very much for your review! We're always looking for new suggestions for our help center and support, so we appreciate your feedback and are happy to help any time! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Stephen
Business Development in US
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees

Kintone is like legos in the CRM world

Comments: Superb, we have been very thankful and I am positive it has more than paid for itself in time savings and reminders of previous conversations that led to upsells.

Pros:

You can build it just about any way you want to fit your needs.

Cons:

There are some limitations on what you can do based on what plug ins are available.

Alternatives Considered: Quickbase

Reasons for Switching to kintone: Price

2 months ago

Hi Stephen, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's customizability is helping your business. We love your comment about Kintone as legos in the CRM world, which is very apt! Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Founder and Chief Executive Officer in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Made it easy for a caveman

Comments: I am not a developer. I know how to spell HTML. The Kintone team took a concept I had and created a comprehensive client evaluation audit and scoring system that included multiple client support apps, like action planning. From day one until we were able to start testing initial versions was fast, fast, fast. The development time was a matter of months from start to roll out. The people we worked with were wonderful, honest and smart. The only challenge was that since I am not a "techie" - there were times their communications were a bit over my head. But they eventually learned how to communicate better with a novice like me. I was very, very pleased with Kintone and the platform they built and manage for us.

Pros:

The system is quite robust, has multiple applications (audit, reporting, support materials, action planning), and easy to use.

Cons:

Multiple clients cannot be working on their audit at the same time.

4 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your review and our team is very grateful for your feedback! As you mentioned, Kintone is a very robust system that can be designed however you want it to be, and we're happy that we were able to help turn your concept into a system that works for you! Let us know anytime if there's anything else we can help you with! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success

Mark
Business Analyst in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Big business tool for a little price

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We have built several databases for different operational areas. This has helped us track and store information about our facilities, vendors, and personnel. The notifications are especially helpful for stakeholders to get alerts when new records are added or comments are made, allowing them to quickly perform the next step in a process.

Pros:

The product was so easy to deploy and easy to train people on. The price cannot be beaten. We switched over from Quickbase, which was much more expensive and less intuitive.

Cons:

Print formatting leaves a little to be desired

2 months ago

Hi Mark, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's pricing and database features are helping your business. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Administrator in US
Security & Investigations, 201-500 Employees

Kintone review for security services

Comments: We needed a solution to house all of our client communication, customer contracts and unique services, equipment, billing information, CRM, document library, post inspections, and more. We are able to do all that and more and customize it exactly as we want it.

Pros:

The software is customizable to any need. The apps are able to be tied together through related records which is vital to our business. There are many standard apps that can be downloaded for free and edited and/or used as a model instead of building an app from scratch. Customer service for Kintone if very responsive and able to send an app template to assist when a premade app is unavailable. The template can then be installed and customized to suit the unique needs of the user. History is tracked in each app to show the changes made over time. This is an extremely useful feature. The entire interface is user-friendly and easy to learn.

Cons:

I would like to be able to customize the portal and change the layout (such as move the location of the spaces and announcements). While there is a lot of information in the help section, it could be formatted in a more user-friendly format. I would like to be able to change the order in which the apps are listed in the apps section.

Thank you for your positive feedback! Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

Bhargav
Digital Marketing Specialist in India

Best tool for increase your productivity

Comments: Kintone is very powerful software for companies that need to be more productive in less time. I have used Task Management feature of this tool and it's works effortlessly. I have setup multiple projects with this software and manage my tasks flawlessly.

Pros:

Task and Projects Management features are perfect for managing your workflow. I specially like one more feature that sends alerts notifications about your work progress. This software is very easy to use and generate more productivity in less time.

Cons:

I used this software for Task Management, for that I didn't find any disadvantage.

2 months ago

Hi Bhargav, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's task management capabilities are helping your business. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Program Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

Kintone - bringing the team together

Pros:

This software is most helpful in the way that everyone can stay connected while having clearly defined roles for each user. No one sees anything they are not supposed to see. As the administrator, I am able to see everything in one place which is tremendously valuable in how much time it saves.

Cons:

It does take a lot of time to set up the software. It is very much an investment that will pay off, but you need to be ready to spend some time getting it to where you want it to be.

Alternatives Considered: Airtable

Reasons for Switching to kintone: The non-profit pricing for Kintone is an unbeatable value. I looked into 11 different software systems and nothing came close to what Kintone offers.

4 years ago

Thanks so much for your feedback! Happy to hear you are making good use of our awesome permission settings! Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success

Heather
Director of Business Operations in US
Music, 2-10 Employees

A Great Project Tracker That Can Be Built To Suit

Comments: Overall I find Kintone to be worth the money and time. It has become an invaluable tool for us.

Pros:

I like that you can build Kintone to work best for you. It is easier than other CRM/project tracking platforms that i have used in the past. The fact that we can add various fields to specifically suit our needs is fantastic and not something I have seen in other, similar products.

Cons:

I do not like that certain status's have to be updated across all apps in order to match the main jobs page status. This can often lead to confusion and misinformation.

2 months ago

Hi Heather, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone is helping your business. Your comment regarding statuses will be passed over to the team. Please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Etsuko
Sr. Operations Manager in US
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Great support, value and versatility

Comments: Kintone reduced our paperwork and provided a platform to share information across our organization. Very happy that we are on it now. Great value.

Pros:

Versatility and the great support we get. Our Kintone reps are so helpful and flexible and go beyond our expectations to make sure that we have solutions to our problems.

Cons:

Though our reps provided more than enough help for us to kickstart our learning curve, it may have been useful if there were standard templates for popular usages so that beginners do not need to start from scratch. Various templates may also give us ideas on how others are using Kintone.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub, Pardot, Salesforce Platform and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to kintone: Functions and price.

2 years ago

Hello Etsuko, Thank you for your wonderful review! Happy to hear you were able to reduce your paperwork and manage information effectively within your organization. We have Kintone Marketplace which provides app templates that can be used for different purposes. Creating an App from the Marketplace: https://get.kintone.help/k/en/user/create_app/add_app_store.html Another great resource is our Customer Stories (https://www.kintone.com/customer-stories/). There you can see how kintone is being used in various departments across various industries. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions! Best, Marie Kintone Customer Success

Ryan
Manager in US
Publishing, 2-10 Employees

Kintone for Book Publishing

Comments: Positive. It was slick to setup and I didnt need to pay an engineer. It has solved our repository and project dashboard needs.

Pros:

Its a great repository for all of the specifications of each project and a great and easy tool for historical lookback when we have to reference old projects and do re-prints of books.

Cons:

We have to use this AND gmail/outlook still... so we are still utilizing email and then having to fully do data entry into the software.

2 months ago

Hi Ryan, We appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad Kintone's is helping your business's unique requirements. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us here https://www.kintone.com/en-us/support/ if you have any questions or concerns Warm regards, Kintone Team

Karlee
Community Coordinator in US
Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2-10 Employees

Happy with Kintone!

Comments: Kintone allows us to be as detailed and specific in capturing information as we desire to be while remaining clean & simple to use. We feel confident that we will be a more successful organization because of Kintone.

Pros:

This software is completely customizable. It is easy to use & makes us feel empowered in the success of our organization.

Cons:

It takes some additional steps to get all of reporting done than the site we used previously. However, the detailed information we are capturing, the customization of that information, especially the transparency of knowing exactly how that information is being captured & translated, outweighs the additional time reporting takes.

4 years ago

Hi Karlee, Thank you for your review! Really happy to hear about all the great things you and your organization have been able to accomplish with Kintone. We're glad that our platform has been able to help you grow! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need help with anything! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success