• Overall
    4.1 /5

About UKG Ready

UKG Ready combines the power of HR, talent, payroll, and time to deliver a personalized, people-centered experience.

Learn more about UKG Ready

Lisa M.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Kronos Review"

Comments: I am a little frustrated with at times the communication flow. Frequent cancellations of meetings. Not always meeting deadlines on things. Sometimes not communicating proactively updates on where we are at with fixing certains issues. The latest hiccup occurred when the system went down and we reported this. Then we found out that we were supposed to sign up for the workforce community to get the updates when something goes wrong. This was either not communicated to us, or not quite communicated in a way that any of the implementation team understood. Not one of us either remembered or understood this. Separate from that I am very disappointed that important notifications are not automatic - instead we have to sign up for those notifications. My question is why? Shouldn't important notifications be standard? I have never had a product where we've had to sign up for those. You really need to reconsider that. There are other minor issues that make no logical sense to me as well. Like how to request PTO and not having the option to request a flat number of hours over several days. We are a healthcare operation with various schedules and requesting two weeks cause odd things to happen. Seems like this is something that should have been offered as an option long ago. Our first go-live date was December 23rd and now it is August 16th and we still have not gone live because there are still numerous issues to work through. That is frustrating for all the staff here.

Pros: I've used time and attendance systems before and generally like them.

Cons: We've have a tough time pulling the trigger to go live. I recognize that some of that is related to our unusual rules. However, I get a little disappointed about the lenghthy time and some of the hiccups seem to be for other reasons.

Bruce B.
Technical Support Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-16

"Flexibility to Customize According to Your Needs"

Comments: We are using time-sheet entry notes for our users to document their activities with customers. These notes in turn make their way onto our billing statements to our customers . This saves countless hours of work for our billing department.

Pros: Workforce Ready is a very robust time and labor application that can integrate seamlessly with your payroll solution. The granular configuration options allow the administrator and/or implementation team to set up their timekeeping solution according to their individual needs. Moreover, by mixing and matching profiles within the different areas of configuration, one can fine tune options by departments or individual employees if necessary.

Cons: Perhaps it is unavoidable but with the extreme level of flexibility comes also an extensive admin interface that could take a good amount of time to fully grasp. An administrators with years of experience could easily expect to still be learning new and better ways to complete tasks.

Dr. debra P.
CHRO
Retail, 201-500 Employees

"Kronos User"

Comments: Overall experience have been positive. The system has provided workforce analytics that gives deeper insights to the CEO about the org. The company did not have that ability prior to my tenure

Pros: Functionality
Real-time
Ease of use
Training

Cons: Some reporting features especially on performance mgt

Mario H.
Assistant Office Manager
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees

"Workforce Ready"

Pros: The main reason we went with Kronos was for the TLM. It has worked good and we are still playing with it to make it work its best.

Cons: I don't like that you have to click here and there just to get to where you want to be. Specially to print a document.

Rodica M.
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-06

"Kronos Workforce Ready is improving"

Comments: This is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons.

Pros: Easy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.

Cons: Does not keep the history of changes. Does not have a TEST feature. No retro pay calculation. The change in pay rate in the middle of a pay period applies to the whole period, for exempt and non-exempt employees. Does not re-calculate regular rate of pay to add the additional overtime premium when nondiscretionary bonus is paid for current or past pay periods.

by Holly on 2017-09-08

Hi Rodica – Thank you for your review, I am glad that you are enjoying the simplicity of the system. I wanted to let you know that retro-pay functionality was delivered this month. To learn more about the functionality you can access the release notes right from your Workforce Ready solution by navigating to Our Company > Service Provider Documents > Download Documents. If you have any further questions on this functionality, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]
All the best,
Holly Bouffard
Community Manager, Workforce Ready

• Reviewed on 2017-07-06
Anna H.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-23

"In our 2nd year - post implementation"

Comments: We initially bought all modules available and in the end we cancelled several. We retained HR, talent acquisition, time and payroll. We are not currently using talent acquisition or HR for onboarding as the initial workflows set up are not functioning properly and we've not been able to fix them.

Pros: The reporting functionality is super easy to use and very helpful. You can report on most anything in the system and since most everything can be exported to excel it's easy to slice and dice for whatever your purposes.

Cons: Payroll functionality and customer support. Time keeping works fine but once things are crossed over into payroll, things don't always translate as they are supposed to.

Carla B.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-09-01

"Great Software with wonderful Customer Service"

Comments: Overall great product. It is user friendly and they have a great support team. The only thing I wish they offered was additional onsite training past the initial setup.

Pros: If any issues arise, they have a wonderful Customer Service team to help. They are knowledgeable and are quick to respond.

Cons: After the initial setup and training, any additional training is offered only online. I took over the HR position about 6 months after implementation so I had to figure a lot on my own since the previous HR person was not available to train.

by Amy on 2017-09-07

Hi Carla,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you find the product easy to use and are very grateful for your kind words about our Support team. Regarding training, please reach out to me at [email protected] – we offer some one-on-one online training options that might be a good fit for your needs (on-site training is also available through our partners), and we can discuss what works best for you.

Thanks,

• Reviewed on 2017-09-01
Bobby S.
Business System Analyst
Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-16

"Bobby's Likes and Dislikes"

Comments: Kronos did most of what we needed it to do. The biggest issue we had was the fact they over-promised the capabilities of what Kronos could do. After signing our contract and committing to the software, we found out it couldn't do the accounting we needed it to do, so we had to invest in a separate software to handle our accounting issues. Then we found out the onboarding didn't work the way we needed it to, so we had to invest in another software for it. Then it wouldn't communicate with our new accounting software, so we had to invest in yet another software. So all in all, the cost became to much.

Pros: I love how simple it is to export the data. I also love the many options of exports it's capable of doing.

Cons: The reporting systems are very complicated to work with. Most of the reports I had to create couldn't be done in Kronos. I had to export the data to excel and create the reports from excel.

Darlene R.
Controller
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-16

"Strong time management payroll software"

Comments: Very satisfied. We have 15 locations with about 120 people punching a time clock. It works well for our company

Pros: I appreciate the ease of use from an administrator standpoint. Reports are easy to design and build. Makes my day easy. The ability to pull up an employee and find everything in one spot is useful as well. The payroll process is simple to use.

Cons: Not so much the software but I currently do not have a direct line to my representative. I either make a call and leave a message or send an e-mail and wait for a response.

Michael P.
Warehouse Operator
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-03

"Get your business in gear with Kronos"

Comments: Kronos is one of the best business applications you can use, and they offer many services. From time management to people management, they offer a lot of help and insight on how to make your business run smoother. Highly recommended.

Pros: Partnering with Kronos can really help you get your business in gear. They have a lot of insights on how to manage your people, and they can really help your business grow. All the information on your people and business are ready, at your fingertips.

Cons: As with all things, most people will not be wanting to pay the costs associated with using this product. Also, some of the verbiage is a little wordy, but once you read and understand what they mean, you'll realize it is a good product to be using.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-03
Kevin K.
HR Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-04

"A System with Neat Features"

Pros: Kronos Workforce Ready has some features I really enjoy that I have not come across in other HRIS systems. Workforce Ready is easy to navigate. I enjoy the mass edit feature and the customization of the timesheets. The tables within the system are pretty easy to use and manage. Kronos Technical Support has always been very helpful.

Cons: Kronos Workforce Ready has a few areas where it can improve. One feature that I would love to see is a tool at the Company Administrator level that would allow a review to be moved to a another supervisor. Another item I would like to see improved upon is being able to bring all fields into all reports. There are some helpful reports that Kronos Workforce Ready allows you to run that are pre-made with some limits on customization. Being able to bring in a few key columns could be very helpful.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-04
Charlotte B.
Sonographer
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-07

"Simplifies Time Tracking"

Pros: This software is great for payroll time tracking. It is incredibly beneficial in a larger company because it cuts down on additional task for the person in charge of payroll. The option for fingerprint verification is a vital aid to ensuring the correct person is logging in and out. For companies with multiple locations, you also have the option to program them all on the stations so when employees travel to and from, they can keep their timesheets in order.

Cons: In my experience, this software occasionally glitches where the system will be down forcing manual time keeping. However, it has always been addressed in a timely manner.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-07
Jennifer M.
HR DIRECTOR
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-14

"KRONOS Workforce Ready"

Comments: We implemented KRONOS Workforce Ready in 2015. We have purchased the Payroll, HR, Time and Labor, and ACA package. Our employees are now able to see their vacation and personal time in one place without having to contact HR or Payroll. The system allows transparency for the employees and the managers. They can view their pay statements, their time off, and their benefits all in one place. The mobile application for KRONOS Workforce Ready is very user friendly. Employees can see their pay statements when they are home and they can request off right from their mobile phone. The ease of use is wonderful. Our employees feel more engaged due to the software and so do our managers.

Pros: The mobile application is very user friendly.

Cons: The product is more difficult to use when it comes to transfers of employees between EIN's. There is more manual work involved than we would like for this process.

• Reviewed on 2017-02-14
Kristen H.
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-23

"Good but could be better"

Pros: Alot of great features. Happy with some additions and new app. New UI with charts is great for employees and managers.

Cons: Software has some quirks/procedural requirements which are hard to learn when employees don't use on a daily basis. In addition, images and pictures make a better/newer looking image. Implementation was confusing, difficult, and time-constraining. Training has been inconsistent at best. I believe the process has changed since we went through implementation. Trouble getting things to work how they have shown.

Morgann P.
Shipping and Receiving Disinfection
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-23

"Kronos is a great system!"

Comments: I'd never heard of it before I joined the company for which I now work, but I will use it here on out for the rest of my working life. I really like it, and its ease of use and ability to have everything in one place is really useful.

Pros: Kronos is intuitive, easy to use, and reliable. I like that it keeps all of our employee information in one, easy to access place. I can check schedules, request time off, check accurals, make requests, and do everything I need to do.

Cons: When there are updates to the app and its related hardware (like the timeclock), we invariably can't use it for a day or two. That can be frustrating, especially on busy days.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-23
Jason A.
Accounting Manager
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-09

"Review of Kronos Service"

Comments: We felt Kronos did not value our partnership or cared if it continued as demonstrated by their lack of interest in our desire to purchase additional modules and a slow sometimes clunky customer support system. Ultimately, we decided to change to another provider.

Pros: The ability to view live data on the screen using customized fields. Timesheet and payroll processing was straight forward.

Cons: Multiple negatives. Found it very difficult to set up reports to pull desired data. Direct customer support was satisfactory even though problem/questions had to be submitted through their web community or phone using their ticket tracking software proved to be time consuming. We were interested in purchasing additional Kronos modules. Product information had to be requested multiple times. We did eventually receive a generic product email. However, there was no follow up from Kronos regarding the additional services. It has been over two week's since submitting our last request and still have not received a respond from Kronos.

Tamala M.
He recruiter
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-24

"End user and hr recruiter"

Pros: Kronos system have many attributes that I believe is helpful one that comes to mind is the fact that it’s easy for all users.

Cons: Using the system as a ATS - I found that setting up work flows was highly difficult and the webinar was hard to follow (different user at different level so stop and start and answering questions during the presentation made it hard to follow).

by Amy on 2017-11-20

Thank you for the review Tamala!

We appreciate that you and your company are finding Workforce Ready easy to use.
I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with ATS. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if I can be of assistance with this.

Thanks,

• Reviewed on 2017-10-24
Melissa E.
HR
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-10

"First HR system"

Pros: We are a 300+ employee business and were working with just an access database. The implementation process was so easy and customized for us. I like how much I can customize reports for my business needs.

Cons: It can be a bit clunky for the end user. Also, wish there was more consistency across all parts of the software. For example, I'd like to be able to pull a tag in from an employee record for different types of reports, sometimes something will be available under benefits but not under employee information even thought it relates to the employee.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-10
Diana K.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-26

"Robust system with lots of capabilities"

Comments: Able to customize to your needs, but a more out of the box system is easier to implement.

Pros: Able to handle all aspects of HR. Timekeeping system is easy to use, handles all of our PTO types and schedules.

Cons: Training and education on products and features. Would like to have more classes available before implementation. Just because you helped build the system doesn't mean you understand situations you run into on a daily basis.

by Jesse on 2018-04-05

Hi Diana,

Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready! We appreciate your honest feedback regarding our training and education, and we will be sure to notify the appropriate teams. It is also great to hear Workforce Ready successfully handles your HR, PTO, and Scheduling systems.

If you have any additional thoughts or questions, please reach out to me at [email protected]

Thanks again!
Jesse

• Reviewed on 2018-02-26
Jenny S.
Administrative Assistant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-12

"Software is solid. Kronos Support is solid. Implementation team is terrible."

Comments: To have a solid product every aspect needs to be seamless in my opinion. If we were to go back to the drawing board on choosing a time keeping system and I knew what I know now we would go with someone else.

Pros: Once it is up and running Kronos Support is great and very helpful. General system/software is easy to use and has a lot of very useful features. Day to day it does not have much upkeep once it is up and running. The overall software itself is able to be tailored to our needs to an extent.

Cons: Implementation team was terrible. Kronos outsources to a third party. Communication was horrible, very little explanation behind what goes into setting up the system. Our system is now filled with a ton of mess ups that were not able to be deleted due to miscommunication or simply not understanding what the other was saying. It was a horrible experience. For that reason I would urge people to look into a different product.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-12
Chandra B.
Trainer
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-13

"Kronos Workforce"

Comments: I like that it's cloud base and I can check my schedule and paycheck from anywhere as long as I have my phone or computer near me. Great scheduling and payroll software!

Pros: I like how user friendly this software is and how easy it was to learn. I am able to view my schedule, hours worked and my paychecks from anywhere. I work part time so i like that I can log in and check my schedule at anytime. I can also log in to see my paycheck for that week and not have to wait on my check stub anymore.

Cons: I personally have not had any issues with Kronos.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-13
Nishi T.
Speech Language Pathologist
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-29

"Reliable and secure!"

Comments: Overall, I am happy with it. I use it weekly and I have not had many technical glitches. It is one place where all the important documents are securely saved. It has multiple features and can be easy to navigate.

Pros: It is user friendly. I like how it is simple to use as well as keeps all documents securely in one place. When entering timesheets, I use the app because it is quick. The app also lets me see all my saved timesheets, official documents, my company reports, etc. The information is saved for many years and I can always go back and retrieve it.

Cons: Recently, there was an update to Kronos and now it is named UKG. With this update, there were some changes in my company documents and I had to re-upload which was inconvenient. I was always able to use my finger scanner to log in on the app but recently, this option is not available and I have to put my username and password every time.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-29
Marty M.
Technical Analsyt
Farming, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-08-04

"Easy to use. Difficult to configure."

Pros: We have to give users little instruction to use it. They have no problems. The administration is easy for the administrative users.

Cons: Some of the technical configuration is difficult. It is hard to achieve some of our requirements through the existing configuration. As a result, we have to built custom applications in our HR systems to accommodate this.

by Amy on 2017-08-25

Hi Marty,

Thank you for your review, it is always great to hear that our users are finding the system intuitive! Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to further discuss some of the issues you are having – I can be reached at [email protected] The Ideas section of the Kronos Community is also a great place to share suggestions for future functionality and improvements!

Thanks again,

• Reviewed on 2017-08-04
Edwin C.
QA analyst
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-17

"Kronos workforce review"

Comments: Great workforce management tool. Configurable and easy to use for management level.

Pros: Easy to use for members and easy to configure when it comes to logging in and out during work shifts. Leave applications are available and visible for members as well. Total work hours displayed and members can summarize their total workhours in certain pay periods. Google for work integration is a great add on as well.

Cons: Too many features available for members to use which might result onmebers getting confused on what to do.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-17
Katie B.
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-15

"best value, easy to use platform"

Comments: implementation was structured, felt comfortable going "live", any tweaks needed after go live are easily and promptly handled by support.

Pros: reporting capabilities, payroll functionality, easy to use time clocks, communication from support if latency or issues arrise, Kronos Community is easy to use and most often I find the answers to my questions there without having to create a case.

Cons: some limitations in FTE reporting, added leave reporting and ACA module after inital purchase--smaller modules seem not as supported or functional.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-15