15 years helping Canadian businesses

About UKG Ready

UKG Ready® is the all-in-one HR solution that guides and empowers your people to make their day-to-day easier.

Learn more about UKG Ready

Pros:

I like that it is integrated with the Telestaff scheduling software; although we haven't upgraded the scheduling portion yet so I don't know if it will be a time saver or not.

Cons:

Makes me sick to my stomach thinking we are stuck with this for at least the next 3-4 years. Company seems too large to be nimble.

UKG Ready ratings

7.7/10

UKG Ready has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 866 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used UKG Ready before?

Lillian
Lillian
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

UKG Ready stores all HR data in a database

Comments: The program is fantastic, and I appreciate being able to manage Payroll, TLM, and Benefits Open Enrollment in one location. UKG Ready eliminates the need for employees to manually enroll and maintain their personal information and leave balances.

Pros:

The information is available to all employees so they may keep it up to date through regular reviews and edits. From a human resources perspective, everything is stored in a centralized database. When it comes to tracking time and managing resources, Kronos has everything a medium to large business may need.

Cons:

There is no drawback, everything functions properly, and it greatly improves the quality of life for Human Resources experts. UKG has highly trained employees who are experts in their own system.

Jessica
Jessica
Game Programmer in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

The fact that it covers every HR need in one place is a big plus

Comments: I am addressing the issue of digitizing and automating human resources procedures. When I first joined the firm, there was some resistance to adopting "the cloud." With my increasing use of UKG, I am facilitating faster data access and a more fluid technological experience for everyone.

Pros:

UKG Ready is an excellent payroll administration system for small and medium-sized businesses. Payroll duties can be handled conveniently from any location with online access. Customers are able to automate and streamline crucial processes with the use of automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning, integration, higher productivity, and mobile apps.

Cons:

The thing I despise most about UKG is not a fault with UKG per se, but rather an issue that UKG is likely to face: adoption. Adoption is not as robust as it could be because of a small percentage of long-term employees who are reluctant to embrace change.

Kenneth
Claims Adjuster in US
Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Ken's Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the layout of UKG's site, it's easy to navigate and find what I'm looking for.

Cons:

I have experienced user errors with UKG numerous times, the site crashes for me, on average, once every 1-2 weeks.

Cassie
HR Coordinator in US
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Functional

3.0 last month New

Comments: It has been difficult. Simple things I could do in other payroll management systems usually end up needing me to submit a ticket for assistance.

Pros:

The cost for UKG is better than most HRIS and payroll management companies

Cons:

It is so hard to make changes, from admin right to setting up the different areas for payroll deductions, benefits, etc. It needs to be streamlined for friendliness.

Corporate Director of Human Resources in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

Like Having A 24/7 Employee Who Never Calls In Sick

Comments: My experience has been phenomenal. I have a wonderful working relationship with a number of team members and have even gotten to speak 1 on 1 with the [sensitive content hidden] of the Company. I have not seen any other major company where the [sensitive content hidden] is that available AND willing to talk to you,

Pros:

UKG Ready is a highly customizable solution. Like a buffet, you can take a little of this and a little of that to get the features and functions you most want or need. The system is also highly scalable and expandable. We have added on more features over the years and it is a seamless integration with existing data when adding on. The support team is Best In Class. I feel like I have my own support team when I have a question or I have broken something because I didn't read some of the support tools available. This support team is assigned to your company so you always know who you will be working with.

Cons:

I have nothing negative to say about UKG Ready. It is a powerful tool which works for you 24/7/365.

Alicia
Payroll Specialist in US
Financial Services Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Kronos WorkForce Ready

Pros:

The termination process is less steps than it was in Kronos Workforce Central

Cons:

Using WFR is like taking a trip back in time. The functionality of the system is very clunky, and resembles the old dos systems. There is no room to customize to fit our company needs. We were told that this system would free up our team to do other projects, if anything it has increased the time needed to preform. The date sensitivity is very annoying, when we make changes we should be able to enter them with an effective date, but the system uses the date we are entering the employee changes as the effective date. During implementation, we were constantly told 'the system does not do that', or 'that can't be done'. Out implementation process was terrible, and we still don't have everything working. Moving from one Kronos product to another should have been seamless, it was anything but seamless. The implementation team should have been able to look at our company in Central and recreate in Ready, without us having to provide everything for them. This was the worst implementation I have ever gone through, it was worse that SAP, which is very sad. I could go on and on, but I won't. I have a spreadsheet comparing Kronos Workforce Central to Kronos Workforce Ready, if you would like to see it I can provide for you.

Majeeda
Recreational Facilities & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

A good software but not unfortunately designed for Park Districts.

Comments: I liked the support staff that helped me with issues that arose. In particularly, I want to say that they were great, even though, they could not always help me. They made an honest effort and tried to even make logical solutions to help remedy my issues. Rep was by far my favorite support persons. Please let them know that I appreciated their time and energies. They did a tremendous job helping me with the software and always followed up and followed through. I will miss our lengthy support sessions!

Pros:

There was some level of customizing available.

Cons:

It was not a software designed for an organization like mine, a park district. In our organization, most employees work in more than one role at all times. Kronos could only keep general record of one job with one pay rate to each employee (we did not have the Payroll portion of Kronos). Some notifications that we needed were not available. Creating forms from scratch was difficult. Webinars were very long (3 Hours). Kronos was not as customizable for us as we had hoped. many things that we wanted to do with the system were not possible. Applicants had a hard time applying through the software. I had constant issues with log-ins.

Alan
Alan
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

This online time keeping system for UKG is incredible

Comments: Paper-based or outmoded systems are being phased out in favor of a unified digital hub governed by uniform guidelines. Because of this, we have been able to push for the automation and uniformity of time-keeping.

Pros:

Employee timekeeping for hourly and salaried workers alike. Time and work order information for hourly workers is recorded. Time worked by salaried personnel is recorded, but only for the purposes of allocating allowances and matching task orders.

Cons:

It's possible that you'll hit a roadblock if your restrictions are very intricate. For instance, if your company is subject to CBA regulations, you may need to get inventive with your method or setup.

Sterling
Director in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Time management made easy

5.0 last month New

Comments: It is a requirement for tracking time worked. The ease of the app makes it very user-friendly.

Pros:

It is easy to use and navigate. Anyone could download the app and feel comfortable with its use fairly quickly.

Cons:

Sometimes it takes a minute to load. When you attempt to log into the app sometimes it takes longer to connect than normal.

Higher Education Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Moving to Ukg Ready from Kronos Workforce Central

5.0 last month New

Comments: Responsive support, an excellent Team atmosphere. they have been very helpful with our many custom needs

Pros:

the interface is much better than we had, filter groups really help. making reports and customizations are much improved

Cons:

there is a learning curve to the product, but it is worth it.

Raquel
Senior Payroll Specialist in US
Higher Education Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Workforce Time Entry Review

Comments: Our experience has been very positive. We receive the help that we need when needed. I love the system (Workforce Time Entry) especially no more with the recent upgrades.

Pros:

I love everything about UKG. The product and the employees.

Cons:

I have nothing negative to say. We have had a very positive and streamlined process with our implementation. We needed the service so fast and UKG made it happen. I am very thankful for this.

Angie
General Manager of Administrations in US
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Kronos could be better

Comments: Neutral

Pros:

User friendly if it is set up properly and the use for our team members.

Cons:

Customer Service from our contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Everything benefits was and is disappointing when it came to our open enrollment.

Allen
CFO in US
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Reports are not conducive to data dumps

Comments: I would say medium satisfied. Not overly impressed.

Pros:

Easy to click on fields desired to report on

Cons:

A participant's information does not show up all on one line. Making it difficult to use in Excel. The PTO request is not intuitive and I waste time doing a request. This should be a much simpler process as all employees do these. I don't like the report resetting all the time while I am using it. Should stay where I was at. Better Dep[t tools, like Pay History should be a canned report. Should be able to go back and pull pay rates and headcount by specifying date, so system would have to know what pay rate was in effect at date selected.

Adriane
Mobile Expert in US
Consumer Electronics, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Kronos Mobile VS Kronos Desktop

Comments: The overall experience is positive. I have been using Kronos in the work environment for over 4 years and the software has drastically improved. I feel that additional tweaks on the desktop software could really make a difference in user experience and minor tweaks in the app would make it perfect. I think that the app is great for everyday smartphone users, but the desktop software could really be the most beneficial for management.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use Krono’s on a smart phone. The Kronos app on both android and iOS are extremely easy to navigate and are not drastically complicated to understand. If anything the app itself is very straightforward and also easy enough to give clear directions to another user. Overall, my favorite thing about this app is the ability to request time off. Putting in a request for time off is just a simple as selecting time off request, the days, and the amount of hours that you want to use. I think that it’s equally easy to punch in as well as punch out. The latest software updates to Kronos has also made the launching speed of the app much faster so it doesn’t take as long to login like it used to. Putting in the request for time off is just a simple as selecting time off request, the days, and the amount of hours that you want to use. I think that it’s equally easy to punch in as well as punch out. The latest software updates to Krono‘s has also made the launching speed of the app much faster so it doesn’t take as long to login like it used to

Cons:

I feel that the software is generally straightforward and pretty easy to navigate, but there are just a few features that could use some tweaking or updates. for example when I log into Krono‘s on the mobile app and want to look at my weekly schedule it can be a little confusing since the week is shown in a vertical format rather than a horizontal week format. The reason that this becomes a little confusing is due to the amount of numbers that are showing on one screen in a Vertical list format. For example the schedule would show 9/1 and then underneath, the timeframe for work would show 9 AM to 1 PM. Although I am not dyslexic myself I feel that this could be a little bit more friendly to people who struggle with visual number reception. If it were to show a printable pdf option as well, that could be very beneficial for users who like a tangible schedule. The next thing about Kronos that I would like to discuss is that the application is far more user-friendly for requesting time off than the desktop Kronos software. It’s almost an Easter egg hunt to try to find the option to request time off on the desktop. Additionally, the amount of time it takes to log into the desktop to punch in for work is a bit annoying. Lastly, I wish there was an option for a shift request. For example, if a person wanted to work In the evening as a “request” they could submit it to management to approve. It would be useful for small things.

Connie
Administrative Resource Planning Analyst in US
Individual & Family Services, 201–500 Employees

Kronos WFR is Amazing

Comments: One of the things Kronos worked hard with us was to get our Weighted Average Overtime process set-up. We are semi-monthly payroll and this sometimes creates some issues. Kronos worked with us determined to find a way to make this work and they didn't stop until it was resolved.
We also do a Allocation report and Kronos Support help us get a report put together to pull out our monthly allocation by labor cost departments. They did not quit working with us until this report was what we needed. It actually turned out better than what we had in the past.
Some of what we do as a company is sometimes different than the norm. Kronos as worked with us on each of this things so that the program works for what we need to get things done in the most efficient way possible with the most accurate information. I personally would not want to go to another Software Company.

Pros:

We have been with Kronos family since around 2000. In 2015 we transition from Kronos Central to Kronos Workforce Ready. During the time with Workforce Ready, I enjoy how they are constantly changing and updating to stay up on current trends. The best part is that with all the changes, we are able to update and move to the new functions without any issues. If there is something we are not sure of, a request for support is available with a knowledgably support tech to help us get to the next level. Kronos Workforce Ready is able to keep us up to date with the latest technology trends and required reporting. Creating reports and pulling information has never been easier. Basically I have found that whatever I think of, Kronos can do it.

Cons:

We were one of the first jumping on board with Kronos Workforce Ready in 2014 when things really started taking off for this program. So our implementation was a little stressful, but Kronos listen to us and has worked hard to resolve the early implementation issues. Support has improved and it is more than support when they are called they are full of suggestions to help improve processes that are used.

Alejandro
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

new user

Comments: overall Kronos has been a mixed bag. there are features we greatly enjoy that allows for flexibility, modifications, and different ways of doing this. there are features that seem that should be in the system that are not causing us to add manual work to that was previously automated. the system looks very beautiful, but can require a lot of clicks to get to one spot. there is room for much growth to make it an amazing system

Pros:

the system allows a bit more flexibility in terms of security for different types of users, alerts to employees. we like the calendar option where you can just simply select the date under employee information We are not charged for setting up alerts Recruitment - We like the ability to add, delete, and modify questionnaires once they are active. I like the do to bell list being a one stop shop for employees. We like that the system is just one system as a whole rather than multiple "compatible" systems.

Cons:

it would be helpful if the system had shortcuts such as control S, O to open up things. it would be helpful if you do not have to input slashes on dates. if you can just input it. It would be good if there was an option to create email alert for inventory section sometimes the automatic email reports do not work the way they should there are several sections that are dual entry. it can get repetitive. the job change history is useful, however, the effective date is according to the date we changed it in the system, not the ACTUAL effective date. making direct deposit accounts inactive is frustrating where a new full/remaining account cannot be added if there is a previous one currently in existence even if it is inactive. cannot delete direct deposit accounts is frustrating too. Recruitment -it would be good if items such as applicants, resumes, and questionnaires can be accessed instead of multiple different locations Needs stronger ACA assistance for employers. everything is eastern time. need to take into consideration that some clients are western or central and are open later than 5 EST and trainings are too early at 7 EST.

Leesa
Payroll, Benefits & Compensation Analyst in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Promised everything would work with our setups, but only about half was delivered. We've learned to live with it by implementing manual work arounds that put the responsibility employee & the payroll analyst.

Pros:

Most of the reporting functions are great. The general look and feel of the website is great. Time clocks were easy to update when we got new badges and we never have issues with missed punches. The Manage Payroll function works well. It's easy to make changes to most features to get it working how we want it.

Cons:

It's difficult to use with shift differential on time off requests. It requires multiple requests off from the employee just to get paid their shift diff correctly. The accruals function is terrible. It doesn't forecast into the future, which is a HUGE issue for employees & management. This doesn't let employees request for time off using future accrued time off. And, it doesn't give them any way to plan for future vacations. The fact that everything hinges on the anniversary date causes a lot of employee confusion. The Current Balance is supposed to account for Scheduled time off, but when the Scheduled time off is after the employee's anniversary date, it doesn't deduct from the Current Balance, so it causes a ton of confusion. Also, the Current Accrued column makes no sense to employees or even me, and I'm technically the 'Kronos expert' at my company. It would be great if you could get rid of Current Accrued & Taken columns since they cause more confusion and questions than anything else. When an employee using a Bulk Hours schedule requests time off in the current pay period, once the manager approves it, it populates their time card with the time off rows, but it doesn't delete the working hours, so suddenly they have 8 hours of work and 8 hours of vacation on the same day. While the support desk personnel are helpful, it can be very inconvenient to wait 1-3 days to get help with an issue or question. It's also hard to stop everything I'm doing when Kronos is ready to help me. I feel like my only choice is to drop everything I'm doing, because this is my chance, and I don't want to put it off another day. I feel like this puts all the convenience on Kronos support and none of the convenience on the customer. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone when I have the problem and I'm working on it. The Kronos update webinars to hear about new features & updates are painful to sit through. The presenter sounds like she's reading a prepared essay for a 7th grade class. I tried attending three webinars, and it was always the same. I feel like I learn nothing with this presentation style because I'm so distracted by the robotic presentation.

Lindsay
HR Manager in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201–500 Employees

Big Company Technology - Small Family Feel

Comments: As a new user of Kronos - I have been impressed with the value placed on customer service and community support. Workforce Ready is a newer platform and as with all changes, there are a few glitches; however, the tech support and responsiveness makes you feel as though the system issues are minor and worth it. Every single time we call for assistance, the experience is helpful rather than stressful. Product wise - I love the cloud technology and the community features. One of my favorite features is the export option. When first using the product I kept looking for where to "Run Reports" for basic info - when I realized I could manipulate the columns and then just export the data I was looking at I was thrilled. It isn't complicated, doesn't require that I run a bunch of numbers - I just pick what I want to know at that moment & export the file. Then I can easily sort/filter the excel data as needed. I also appreciate the ability to search by multiple details - other platforms require the last name only, but WFR let's me search by multiple features - including the exact name or "starts with". I still have a lot to learn about the system and am anxious for the upgrades and suggestions to be implemented (like the ability to click back/forth between pages as you move through a file without having to go back to the home page); however, I'm pleased with the product and love the relationship - so as long as the focus stays on technological advances, combined with stellar customer service - Kronos will get my vote at the executive table.

Pros:

PEOPLE! Software is available and mostly similar - we have a lot of choices in HRIS/Payroll systems, so how you treat your customers is the most important factor in being better. Kronos has this in spades!!

Cons:

Benefit plan set up isn't ideal - I need to be able to put in an effective date AND an enrollment date, as they are not the same thing. If my employees don't elect their benefits before the "waiting period" the "New Enrollment" radio button disappears. An employee's waiting period and eligibility dates do not match their election period. I'd like the opportunity to select the different options.

Vicki
Finance Manager in US
Libraries, 51–200 Employees

Honest User Review

Comments: I love having an automated software product! I have learned UKG fairly well which was not an easy process. I just don't want to have to relearn it because they decided that they wanted to change how everything looks. That is very frustrating for me as a customer!

Pros:

We really like the online timekeeping, vacation tracking, payroll processing, and benefits tracking. While it is somewhat complicated to get the hang of it, you can process payroll fairly quickly once you have learned the process.

Cons:

Integration was extremely difficult. I also didn't care for the way they handle the training. I felt like it would have better to have some short training segments to help us learn the basic process and where to find things and then schedule for the complete training. Also UKG has been in the midst of a complete overhaul of the look and workings of the software. The new layouts are too large on screen, more complicated to get around in and not easy to see stuff without scrolling a lot. But no matter how many complaints they have received about this, they have went forward with it anyway.

Sandy
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

An Expensive Letdown

Comments: Honestly, just go with ADP and pay more. At least they will be able to help you more with compliance. Kronos was such a letdown and the system looks so antiquated.

Pros:

Kronos has some good report features and a lot of the onboarding documentation is easy to collect. You do have the benefit of being with a larger company so they have more customer service people, too, and they have people who specialize in certain areas to give you better help.

Cons:

Oh, there are too many to count: - Their compliance features pale in comparison to ADP. They will say they can comply with all state-mandated sick-leave laws, but it requires so much manual work on the backend that you kind of wish you could just do it elsewhere. A huge pain if you operate in many states. - Their "customized fields" that they tell you about in an RFP just don't exist. Anything you need done that doesn't fit within their standard guidelines just won't happen. - If you like reporting on headcount and HR metrics the way that Kronos does it, you're fine. Otherwise you have to attempt to build a report with their service team (which can take weeks) and then export it and then get the data you want. It's just not acceptable given how much you pay for the service. - Don't get me started on their "documents." If you need to send out a bulk request (i.e. when EEO season rolls around) Kronos can only send out a general reminder to have people check their inbox, and then people have to be smart enough to go in and do it. The reminders for this suck too.

Doug
Vice President in US
Food & Beverages

I cannot recommend Kronos Workforce Ready to anyone

Pros:

I can't think of any attribute of the Workforce Ready product that I particularly like. My experience with Kronos is that they produce good time and attendance software, but I personally have not seen any evidence that they have any expertise producing HRIS software.

Cons:

The Kronos Workforce Ready product reminds me of an old fashioned data processing program from 20 years ago. It is not at all user friendly or intuitive. I have used it daily for one year and still am frequently puzzled by the way it is organized (or disorganized). I spend significant time searching for the information I want. Incredibly, the turnover calculation function has not worked correctly for the two years my company has owned the Workforce Ready product. Kronos has known all this time that their turnover function is flawed, but I don't think it is corrected yet; it doesn't appear to be fixed to me. Producing reports from Workforce Ready is cumbersome. The user must pick the data elements for the report from very long lists of fields that truly appear to me to be in no logical order whatsoever. I know that sounds hard to believe, but if there is some logic to the lists of fields, I have yet to understand it. The training information provided by Kronos to teach the user to use Workforce Ready is mostly written documents rather than videos. I personally find videos easier to understand, but Kronos offers only a handful of them. There are many topics I would like to learn about that are not covered at all in any of Kronos' training materials.

UKG Response

8 years ago

Thank you for your review – I understand you have connected with your sales representative and we are actively working to resolve the issues that you shared with us. While we were disappointed to read about your experience we appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to resolving your issues. All the best, Holly Bouffard Workforce Ready Community Manager

Dawn
HR Generalist in
Insurance Software, 201–500 Employees

Most Comprehensive System on the Market

Comments: My organization started with WFR's HR and TML. Employees, managers and administrators were impressed with the ease of use, the robust amount of information at their finger tips and the reporting capabilities. After a year and a half of using HR and TML, my organization decided to transfer our payroll to WFR as well. Having HR, Time and Labor and Payroll integrated with each other has allowed my HR team to evolve from and administrative department to a strategic business partner.

Pros:

I love that employees and managers have virtual personnel files at their fingertips. Through Employee Self Service, employees can access and change their address, beneficiaries, payroll information, enroll online for benefits, request time off and maintain their schedules. Managers can access employment history, process compensation changes, approve timesheets and upload and review current and previous performance reviews. Instead of tracking down information, entering payroll changes and being the timesheet monitor, my team and I can use our knowledge and skills to make our employees and organization better.

Cons:

The reporting functions in WFR are robust but each organization has specific reports required by leadership. Enhancing the reporting function for easier report customization would be my only critique.

Brooke
Director of Human Resources in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Hospital Review

Comments: It is a good system.

Pros:

It is a user friendly system. Easy reports are easy to customize.

Cons:

Implementation is awful. They do not send any reps on site to help with implementation. Reports that require Kronos assistance take forever to receive. One took over 6 months to get.

Jennifer
HR Coordinator in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Hate this product with a passion

Comments: While I was not on the implementation team, everyone that was left within five month of implementation. I had zero experience with Kronos and was provided little instruction from Kronos support unless I knew the specific questions to ask.

Pros:

The only plus for Kronos Ready is that it is Internet based.

Cons:

Feels like it was made by developers for developers, not for HR/Payroll administration.

UKG Response

5 years ago

Hello Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready. I am sorry to hear about your experiences with our product and services. I have socialized your feedback with key stakeholders and a member of our team will be reaching to you to schedule a one-on-one session. During the session, they will further discuss with you your experiences and key ways we can help you going forward. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact me directly at [email protected].

Mario
Assistant Office Manager in US
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Workforce Ready

Pros:

The main reason we went with Kronos was for the TLM. It has worked good and we are still playing with it to make it work its best.

Cons:

I don't like that you have to click here and there just to get to where you want to be. Specially to print a document.