15 years helping Canadian businesses

ConnectWise Automate Reviews

4.1 (126) Write a Review!

About ConnectWise Automate

Automate Backup and Storage solutions can provide data protection and recovery from physical and virtual machines. Get your free tour!

Learn more about ConnectWise Automate

Pros:

The software is fairly easy to navigate. The system keeps Finance and Sales in touch with each other.

Cons:

Definitely full featured, but a little too pricey to be used for stand alone in house Corporate use, really designed more for MSP's.

ConnectWise Automate ratings

3.6
3.6
4.3
3.9

7.5/10

ConnectWise Automate has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 126 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ConnectWise Automate before?

Daren
Daren
President in US

Connectwise Automate

Comments: We are using Connectwise Automate for taking care of customers on a managed service contract.

Pros:

There are many, many features in Connectwise Automate that will help you help your customers with their computer needs.

Cons:

Although the software is very feature rich, it seems very cumbersome and not easy to use from day one. In almost every step, we have had to take classes to figure out how to do things.

Alternatives Considered: N-sight

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Automate: We were already using Connectwise Connect and Manage so wanted one general product instead of some of this and some of that.

Switched From: N-sight

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Automate: As mentioned before, we switched because we wanted to have all our products on one platform and not a piece there and a piece here.

Ian
Prevent Manager in US

Great For Ticketing and Monitoring

Comments: We have a great overall experience using ConnectWise Automate. It has helped us stay a leader in our industry and has made our MSP a better organization. We would highly recommend to any company looking to support remote clients effectively.

Pros:

The ticketing with ConnectWise automate and reporting is accurate and helps make business decisions. We are able to keep track of all our issues and then address them with the same software. We like how easy it was to setup and has been a great tool for all of our technicians.

Cons:

We did not like how the agents will fail to install certain applications even though they are working on other agents. It's hard to decipher the logs to trouble shoot issues and administrators take some time to learn the program. There is a need for more third party patching options.

Alternatives Considered: NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Automate: We choose ConnectWise Automate over NinjaOne because of the great relationship we built with the ConnectWise team. The cost per agent was also much better with Automate.

Benjamin
IT in US
Airlines/Aviation, 501–1,000 Employees

Should be call "Connectwise Autodraft"

Comments: The business is a con. They tell you they have a "guarantee" which they make impossible to obtain. will continue to bill you regardless fo whether the product works or not.

Pros:

The software has its pros (connectwise screenconnect is the only good thing). The automation will automatically restart services or auto-approve and apply windows update on a schedule. When it isn't crashing or causing servers to crash that is.

Cons:

It CONSTANTLY crashes. It will cause servers to crash. Only some automation features work. No support is ever avaaible to resolve issues. The ones that do respond don't know their own product.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer, Atera and Pulseway

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Automate: Kaskersky partnership forced via DoD Contracts

Switched From: LogMeIn Central

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Automate: The sales pitch promised support, working automation, and a cost reduction. All of it was a lie. This product costs more money than it saves and is a terrible investment.

A Must for us!

Comments: Great! I am still learning aboout it, but I love it.

Pros:

You can have everything in one single place, from tickets, to procurement and billing. Also, there are a lot of integrations available.

Cons:

It is hard to deploy and understand how things work if you have not used it before.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

If you have the money to spend, spend it.. if not.. there is other options`

Comments: Overall, I am very happy with Connectwise Automate and would continue to use the product. If you work in a critical industry, I wouldn't recommend this as being your only source of remote access since support is very slow and very unhelpful in most situations.

Pros:

The best part of this software is how robust the software is. When you purchase this software, you receive control and "WSUS" as part of your package. The software contains reports, pulls data on each computer, provides some integration and overall is a great automation and remote access tool.

Cons:

Support is very slow to respond. Getting credits for downtime on their hosted web server is like pulling teeth. When you get into the chat queue, you may be waiting an hour or more for someone overseas who doesn't know how to fix the issue anyway. Then you have to wait until someone gets back with you when they "open a ticket." Honestly.... the only reason I WOULDN'T buy this software is their support system lacks ability for true support!

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Automate: The ability to do more than just remote access the PC was the main reason for the switch. Cost was a close second reason.

Switched From: TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Automate: Overall cost is the main reason.

Sam
IT Support Technician in US
Computer Networking, Self Employed

Connectwise Automate

Comments: Connectwise Automate is a critical part of my business that I use. I could not work without it and I really enjoy working with this tool!

Pros:

I really like the features that Connectwise Automate offers. The ability to remotely patch servers and endpoint devices is excellent.

Cons:

The only issue we have with this software is the customer support and occasional instability of the software.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer, LastPass, GoTo Meeting, LogMeIn Central and Join.Me

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Automate: Connectwise offers what all of these tools do with many other additional options!

Robert
Robert
IT Manager in Australia
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Powerful but inexpensive IT service and control platform.

Comments: It's been positive. It is essential for supporting remote workes and in the times that are in it it's gotten more important. There is good functionality around software installs and we actually use it to build up our SOE when we have new machines. Ot deosnlt do anything other similar systems can;t do but it is very fit for purpose for a small IT team.

Pros:

There is a lot that it can do for a quite reasonable cost. IT is more suited for small or medium businesses as I don;t think it;s quite enterprise level but for control, scripting, monitoring and the like it is very good at what it does. It is also cloud based so can be accessed on any device with a browser.

Cons:

It is not very good at monitoring. I can easily find out if computers have issues by selecting them but not really being notified that there may be a probelm. Scripting works well when it works but it's difficult to figure out if it's not worked and why.

Gerry
Gerry
Manager of Project Services in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Great tool for an MSP

Comments: We have been able to become much more efficient and organize our work much better.

Pros:

Allows for management of a wide view of devices across a variety of ecosystems. Easy to use and get up and running. Partner community is great.

Cons:

Support leaves a lot to be desired. When can get in touch, takes several attempts to resolve issue.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Automate: Pricing and trust in the Connectwise system

Christopher
Christopher
IT Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Manage multiple environments with ease

Comments: Companies I have been working for have been leveraging this application for machine management for years.

Pros:

This software provides multiple connectivity options. It can show a lot of information (see least favorite list below) Great organization! Easy integration with Connectwise Control and Manage Lots of option for Scripting and API connectivity to outside applications

Cons:

The interface was changed to a much less intuitive environment about a year ago. I use it and have started to get used to it somewhat, but it still is not what I would call good. There's problems if you don't run the Control Center as an Admin, but it doesn't want to run as admin by default The uninstaller for the client can sometimes not uninstall.

Luke
Luke
Server Administrator/ RMM Technician in US

Automate ( formerly Labtech) is a great RMM tool for MSP customers.

Pros:

The ease of setup and installation for customers is substantial when considering this tool for MSP. New customers can be setup with ease, configured and once agents are installed Automate can significantly reduce information gathering for system resources, and discovery of behind the scenes issues. Scripting and Automating are easy to do with the built in examples and wizards, which makes customizing alerts and monitors a breeze.

Cons:

The monitoring will come with lots of defaults right out of the box, so there will be a lot of "noise" to sort through and remove/adjust after initial installation.

Shannon
Founder in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Beware of working with Conectwise Automate

Comments: Terrible. Your RMM tool is really important and you want a company that is trying to help your business grow by having great additions for the platform and services that you can then offer your clients and perspective clients. Connectwise has wanted to exact as many dollars out of my pocket and have no intention of having a business relationship what so ever. In my 24 years in the industry I have never had a company treat me this way but they did and continue to. I have heard from 30+ other companies ceo's saying similar things that there is not partnership just a money grab.

Pros:

The remote program is really good. Very simple and quick when a caller has called in.

Cons:

First year was good. At the beginning of the second year they doubled the cost saying "its in the contract" I said I want to cancel or fix the price and for a year we went around in circles. "ok we will do at the same price you just need to double your agents" I don't need more agents. Then I had a new person over and over. I then send a formal letter to cancel service and they say we won't except this. I have now asked twice to move to 25 agents and again the same thing is happening.

Tyler
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Automate is just another piece of software written once and not really maintained

Pros:

Patch management is way easier than using WSUS.

Cons:

User interface is not intuitive. Lots of training required. Very little useful documentation. Connectwise support will not help you understand the scripting features at all. The documentation for scripting is litterally 4 pages of what you can see in the user interface. The scripts debug process is horrid. It takes 50x longer to do a script in automate over doing a powershell and bash script to do the same thing. Change requests, and features are not being answered or added in a timely manor. This software is stale.

Alternatives Considered: N-sight and Atera

Phil
Director in UK

Automate review

Comments: I've hung on, hoping things would improve. They've not so in effect gone backwards.
I never feel like support are able to help over the basic break fix model.

Pros:

The remote control product is quick and works. The desktop version still provides the best daily interface over the not finished web version. The extra data fields do provide us with easy to access information.

Cons:

The product is slow and complicated. The new web version is just another overlay of the main product and database. This web version is not nearly complete, which has been worked on now for years. Most parts of the product are complicated to setup, when you go to the University of connectwise to find the information, often it is lacking.

The best tool I've used in desktop support.

Comments: With this software we are able to not only sort users by client, but also location. The network scans and ability to distribute software is killer. When working I am able to easily assist multiple people because of the features of this product. I can remotely connect to a computer, run command line scripts, create custom scripts, and check general health. That's all in the console view. If you want to setup the alerts to prompt you for specific actions, it's all there.

Pros:

The amount of features that you have at your fingertips to remotely assist users is phenomenal. I can't count how many times this software has made life so much easier.

Cons:

When the app is slow to load, it's slow to load. It's the only downside I've had with this application.

Alex
System Administrator in US

Best Thing Ever

Comments: We've been using Labtech to manage our 70+ computers across multiple clients for a couple years now and it's been very worth the price to have a remote management software to take care of windows updates and be alerted on hardware issues from the event logs. The integration to other software is pretty flawless as well, such as webroot AV and ScreenConnect. It's cut down management time by 80%!

Pros:

I like that the management of a lot of computers

Cons:

Not really much to not like about it, but sometimes the windows updates aren't always working correctly, and sometimes it reports disk space critically low when there's is 50+GBs left on the system

Jordan
IT Manager in US

Connectwise Automate

Comments: Connectwise Automate has great customer support as well as an amazing slack group of other sys admins and developers that are more than willing to help out others and get them going on the right track. I have loved using Automate and I don't think I will ever use anything else.

Pros:

Connectwise automate is by far the best RMM tool on the market, It allows you to create a ton of custom monitoring alerts and the wizard makes it super easy to accomplish.

Cons:

The implementation can be very dry but just hang in there as it is all worth it.

Sergio
It Manager in Italy
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

The worst technical support in the world

Comments: A nightmare every time you have to interface with the support.

Pros:

Nothing. The only thing that works well is a product, Control, which they didn't develop themselves.

Cons:

Stay away from this product. You will always need technical support, but the support is very very poor. Look for products with less functionality, but more stable and with better support.

Steven
Helpdesk Engineer in US

CW only tool you need

Comments: We use this tool in our everyday work day and it helps us get organized for the day and throughout the day.

Pros:

The format of the software and also how it keeps you updated to current events going on. The layout of the product is great and easy to understand.

Cons:

Some of the reporting is off but mostly it pretty accurate. Also noticed when a user is inside a ticket and they change it the notes disappear.

Jason
Support Services Manager in US

Average Product

Comments: We use connectwise automate to monitor our client locations and automate our ticket creation process for issues

Pros:

Ability to remotely monitor client sites. This lets us run scripts and install patches remotely. The integration with connectwise control improves our process.

Cons:

The product is poorly designed for the user experience. The UI is not intuitive, so finding what you can do makes developing solutions difficult.

Tom
CTO in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

CW Automate

Comments: I would recommend this product to anyone managing more then 100 computers especially if they are not on a domain.

Pros:

Single place to manage your workstations. Great patching product, great control product, awesome scripting engine.

Cons:

Most of the rich automation is done in a fat client that is heavy and slow to launch. Once in the product everything performs well it's the startup that can take some time.

, 51–200 Employees

Great in some places, lets you down in others

Pros:

Connecting to users workstations is a quick and painless experience, with the ability to search workstation names or ID's making it a breeze to reach who you need to.

Cons:

Software takes anywhere from 1 to 4 minutes to load up, and often times that's just the login screen. At worst, it's taken me 15 minutes to get to the Control Center after restarting my workstation

Adrian
Adrian
Senior Storage Engineer in Curaçao
, 51–200 Employees

we use internally labtech

Comments: ease connectivity for my cloud environment

Pros:

LT has big amount of great functionalities right out of the box. Lots of custom alerting and monitoring sets. It will allow you to completely automate patches and updates from Microsoft. A great built-in remote support tool with screen connect.

Cons:

normally to make the complete setup takes a while due all the custom options of alerting and patching but I think is normally in this kind of tools

Justin
Account Managaer in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

The capabilities are amazing, but slowness is not fun

Pros:

we love that we are able to do so much with the computers that we manage on this software. Also love that we can find out hardware information through this secure application.

Cons:

do not like the time it takes to load, but it makes up for the capabilities that it does.

Maribeth
Finance Manager in US

Keeps us organized

Comments: I have worked in ConnedtWise since day one with the company.

Pros:

Cons:

Sometimes I have issues with the setup of Invoices and how to change the template.

Carla
Administrative Coordinator in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

ConnectWise Review

Pros:

I am not sure I can identify any Pros with ConnectWise. It may be because of my limited use with this product. It does what I need to do, but I feel like I doing too many clicks and going through too many windows/tabs to get to where I want to go.

Cons:

As previously said, to me it's not very user-friendly. I feel like I am having to go to different tab in the navigation bar to get to certain information.