15 years helping Canadian businesses

Canada Local product

FreshBooks Reviews

4.5 (4,377) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About FreshBooks

An easy invoicing and accounting solution starting at $7.60/mth (first 6 mths). Join 24 million people who've already used FreshBooks.

Learn more about FreshBooks

Pros:

The ease of use and support, combined with the price point make a great deal.

Cons:

Still lack and if we forget to save it will be lost.

FreshBooks ratings

4.5
4.4
4.3
4.3

8.3/10

FreshBooks has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 4,377 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used FreshBooks before?

Filter reviews (4,377)

Andrey
Andrey
Software Engineering Director in US
Banking, 2–10 Employees

FreshBooks - Smarter replace of QuickBooks

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Great experience - using it personally and for business, performs core accounting (General Ledger / Accounts Payable / Receivable) functions and provides lots of reports and lots of automation and great UX

Pros:

Better pricing, better user interface and more functions as compared to QuickBooks (and all same functions are equally good but more intuitive)

Cons:

Not much - possibly capturing expense receipts and better AI-driven logic to organize them by expense category could use improvement. Possibly more financial reports

Eugene
Project Manager in US
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Hourly Billing Champion thanks to FreshBooks

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall I am very happy with FreshBooks. Invoices are quickly generated and paid, and hourly tracking has gone from a burden to an easy process directly integrated into our day to day tasks.

Pros:

I like the easy invoice creation process which allows customers to quickly pay their bill by simply clicking one button on the online invoice. In addition the financial reports provided are excellent and really give great financial insight into the business.

Cons:

The cost of Credit Card processing is a bit pricey, but overall there is not much to dislike about this amazing product.

Craig
Craig
Principal Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Good for time tracking and invoicing; barely functional for accounting

Comments: The original version of FreshBooks, which we started using in 2014, was great for time tracking and invoicing. Unfortunately, they decided to build a completely new web application to add accounting features. We migrated to the new version about two years ago, and it did not go well. The new version didn't add many useful features, and the time tracking app got worse (see above). We decided to try the accounting feature this year (2019) because Xero started getting more expensive and lost its payroll feature. We have found the FreshBooks accounting features to be barely usable, and we're struggling to find an accountant that will support FreshBooks.

Pros:

FreshBooks is good for freelancers or service-based small businesses that need to track time spend on client projects, and report the time on invoices. It's also good for tracking basic expenses, whether they are allocated to the business, or passed on to clients. The reporting features are also useful. The payroll integration with Gusto is a simple and affordable way to run payroll for a small business.

Cons:

The mobile app for time tracking became so buggy that I had to stop using it; it would frequently lose track of the time if I paused the timer. They also added a "feature" that creates a new line item on the invoice every time you pause the timer, which really clutters up the invoice. I now use a separate tracking app and manually enter my time. The accounting features are barely adequate, and the accounting functionality is more like a public beta than production software. There's a chart of accounts, bank reconciliation, and a general ledger. We use cash-basis accounting, so it works for us, but if you carry inventory, I don't think FreshBooks will support accrual accounting. The bank reconciliation was officially "beta" until very recently. Admins aren't allowed to edit the chart of accounts, so you need to have an accountant or bookkeeper set it up. Unfortunately, most accountants I've talked to won't work with FreshBooks directly. Strangely, FreshBooks will help you find a bookkeeper who works with FreshBooks, but not an accountant.

4 years ago

Hey Craig, thank you for taking the time to share this detailed review of FreshBooks. I'm sorry to hear that you've run into issues with our mobile app and the timer creating multiple timers (though that is by design). If you had specific suggestions or features that you'd like to see for the Accounting features or anything else in FreshBooks, our team would love to hear it! I have flagged your feedback to be heard by our Product Specialists directly, but if there's anything else our Support Team would be happy to capture that feedback. They can be reached at [email protected] or 1-866-303-6061 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm EST. ^DM

Alan
owner in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

FreshBooks - Quicker and Easier than the other

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Migrating from what everyone thinks is the Number 1 Account Solution to Freshbooks was easy. Simple setup and then found out I had a dedicated account rep if I needed help

Pros:

Super easy to setup; created customers, and products and set up recurring invoices on auto-pilot

Cons:

haven't found anything I don't like so far

Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Awesome invoice and billing system

5.0 last month New

Comments: By far the easiest to use
invoicing/billing software ever if you ask me. We're saving time and money because we use Freshbooks. This is one app that I actually recommend to people I know.

Pros:

Freshbooks is extremely user friendly. It's also a high quality product with a lot of good features and personalized settings. Awesome project and time tracking. I like to use the mobile app because we're traveling a lot and still need to use the service. It's easy to open and start working on whenever and wherever I want. I've never lost my work either. It feels like the app actually knows what I need and makes suggestions to help. I love that.

Cons:

We only need the inventory feature for a small portion of our sales so I haven't used it a lot, but I don't think it's as good as others I've used. Specifically inventory tracking.

Melissa
designer in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Freshbooks outperforms Quickbooks.

5.0 6 days ago New

Pros:

I enjoy the modern feel of Freshbook. It makes me not hate the accounting aspects of owing my own business.

Cons:

There are no cons to FreshBooks, it is a delight to use.

Sashah
Sashah
Project Designer in Canada
Design, 51–200 Employees

Perfect Invoice Processing Tool with Intuitive Accounting Options.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Various projects estimation through the product tools is excellent and managing the financial data is easy and secure.

Pros:

Accounting integration is very easy and nice platform on Credit card processing and even online invoicing i like the software. Project expense management and employees data easy management and creation of financial data report is quite simple.

Cons:

None at all for the product so far, because after my first implementation of this software i was ready to start working.

ESMAEIL
Engineer in Iraq
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

freshbooks is an excellent product that I advise everyone to try

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It is one of the best products I have used, as it has an easy-to-use user interface (UI) and does not require a long time to master it because it is professionally designed. It also calculates taxes and prepares invoices very well and is highly reliable

Cons:

It is a good platform and does not contain significant errors. I hope that work on it will be done efficiently, as we are used to developing it in a better way to keep it in line with the development we are witnessing.

Levi
Events Services, Self Employed

Good for Minimal Needs

4.0 last month New

Pros:

FreshBooks is super easy to use, has a nice mileage tracker, easy to upload receipts, invoices can be created from an estimate, invoice design and options are versatile

Cons:

Seems like it could offer more features for the price point (maybe something to help with tax time)

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great product, poor customer service

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The platform is very easy to use and customizable, especially as I am a little more creative-minded than accounting-minded.

Cons:

The only way to get useful help with your account is with a live account manager, who is essentially a sales person. My rep hasn’t responded to me in 2 weeks, despite their own encouragement that I reduce my subscription level at the end of my discounted trial period. The fact that I am unable to make changes to my account on my own or with another CS employee is a problem. I was billed for double what I should be paying because of this lapse in communication.

Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Don't Waist Your Money on Any Other Accounting Software

Comments: We struggled to find a solution that would allow us to easily track the time for multiple employees and make billing as simple as a couple of clicks. Most everything we used or tried required multiple systems that either didn't integrate at all or didn't integrate well, and required a lot of time to prep invoices and collect payments. Frehsbooks eliminated all of those issues and paid for itself in the first month.

Pros:

It saves my team hours of time every month. It easy to manage clients, track subscriptions, track hours and send invoices. Oh and it makes taxes season a breeze! The milage tracking feature has saved me over thousands per year in taxes since they released it.

Cons:

The only complaint I have with Freshbooks is the Expenses feature. It has the ability to connect to your bank account to automatically pull in your charges, however, it never stays connected to our bank and it becomes a hassle. But they are great about helping to resolve the issue when it happens.

Molly
Molly
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

FreshBooks as a Photographer (solo small business)

Comments: I have been using FreshBooks for over 2-years and am currently using it. I used FreshBooks a long time ago when they were new and more minimal. It has been great to see them grow up. The cost is a bit steep so I may not continue to use them -- I'm 50/50 at the moment. If they provided more value for the cost I would consider it a good investment, but paying for a CRM on top of that is expensive. Overall I do love the software!

Pros:

I love the clean and friendly UX of FreshBooks! It is a pretty efficient piece of software that helps me get paid quickly and easily. I feel it has grown up so much over the years too. Invoicing is super easy and tracking expenses. Those are my primary base needs to run my business.

Cons:

I do wish that entering client information was a bit more intuitive as I feel like I'm doing input for a client into my contacts, importing it to my CRM, and then hand inputting into FreshBooks again feels redundant. I would really really really love to see a Mac App to complete the mobility and desktop experience. I dislike having to open a web page to manage things on a daily basis.

Julia Maria
Julia Maria
Market Specialist in Mexico
Information Services, 51–200 Employees

It amply met my expectations and satisfies the company's needs.

Comments: When we implemented it, it was a lifesaver, as it makes day-to-day financial work easy and not at all intimidating, especially. It helped us save a lot of time, as we can focus on what we do and let Freshbooks do the rest. I especially like the professional look of the invoices without having to spend too much time designing or using design software. Anyone can create an attractive and professional invoice in minutes and I appreciate that.

Pros:

I like how adaptable it is and how it can be used for any need. We have been using it in the company for a couple of years now, I already knew it from my freelance work and I can attest to the goodness and simplicity of the system. At the moment we have the Plus subscription and I find it very complete and affordable.

Cons:

I would like the application to be more complete and useful because I would like to have a complete view of my invoices when I am not at my desk.

Rachel
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Freshbooks is the ultimate for a service-based business

Comments: It was a good onboarding experience. I didn't call support and had us rolling in about 2 hours. The things I miss from Quickbooks aren't here, but they are continuing to build out the system. Hopefully we can get some of those critical features sooner than later.

Pros:

I used to love Quickbooks. It had an app, it had time tracking. Then everything I loved was taken away. Freshbooks is the choice we made because it was built for a small service-based business. Recurring billing, time tracking, payment processing, it's all built in and easy to use. It took me 2 hours to get setup completely and it was a great experience. It's great for an owner who needs to be able to just run their business.

Cons:

This is a major miss on the accounting side of the house. If you came from Quickbooks, you know how important double-entry accounting is, in depth reporting with punchouts, a quick dashboard into profitability. This isn't the case with Freshbooks. You will need an accountant to help at the end of the year. Ours had to rebuild our system because it doesn't believe in a cash-based accounting system.

Maciej
Co-founder & Marketing Director in Kuwait
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

FreshBooks is a comprehensive accounting software

Comments: Overall, I have had a great experience with FreshBooks. It's a comprehensive accounting software that makes it easy to track expenses, manage invoices, and keep track of payments. The user interface is straightforward and simple to use, making it easy to navigate and get the information you need quickly. The customer service team is also always available to answer any questions you may have. The only downside is that it can be difficult to set up and configure, especially for those unfamiliar with accounting software.

Pros:

FreshBooks is a comprehensive accounting software that makes it easy to track expenses, manage invoices, and keep track of payments. The user interface is straightforward and simple to use, making it easy to navigate and get the information you need quickly. Additionally, the customer service team is always available to answer any questions you may have.

Cons:

The only downside to FreshBooks is that it can be difficult to set up and configure, especially for those unfamiliar with accounting software. Additionally, some of the features are a bit limited and could be improved.

Amy
Amy
Owner/ Project Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

FRESH ISNT ALWAYS QUICK ( or efficient)

Comments: Fresh books was recommended by a friend that utilizes it for her drop shipping business. She recommended it due to pricing, great for a small set up however, if u have one or more employees or accounts payable or receivables then don't bother it was a disappointment

Pros:

What I liked most was pricing and ease of initial set up

Cons:

What was least favored with this software was the amount of double to triple entry of data and ledgering had to be checked and rechecked due to inaccurate totaling and the taxes aren't even close to kept accurate here.

11 months ago

Hey Amy, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. I have shared your feedback with our Product Team on your behalf. You can check out any changes and updates made in FreshBooks here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/11925619511053-Changes-Updates-in-2023. If there's any other feedback you wish to share or if you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Heather
Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Easy no nonsense accounting platform

Comments: I had been using a widely regarded accounting competitor whose system was way more than I needed. FreshBooks allowed me to consolidate several platforms into one - saving me money and time.

Pros:

FreshBooks allows me to create estimates & send proposals, track my time, invoice clients and reconcile my expenses for financial reporting all in one easy to use place. I was using 3 different platforms before to do all of this.

Cons:

It would be nice to have slightly more robust accounting functionality but for the most part it does everything I need it to do. I’d like to be able to track time by quantity rather than just duration.

Erica
Erica
Content Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

Stellar customer service. Simple interface.

Comments: FreshBooks helps me do the essential tasks of invoices and expenses while also helping me get a big picture view of my business's financial health.

Pros:

I started my freelance business nearly 3 years ago, and after initial struggles with Quickbooks (I even had a 2-hour training session with a Quickbooks instructor who just further confused me), I put off dealing with the financial side of my business for over a year (until my CPA was hounding me for tax stuff). Upon the recommendation of another freelancing friend, I decided to give FreshBooks a try. I finally got FreshBooks up and running, and I was amazed at how much it relieved my stress, rather than adding to it. The basic setup is simple and straight-forward, but as my business has grown, I've been impressed with little tricks built into FreshBooks that helps me save time and get a better overall view of my business. Also, I don't think I've ever experienced such consistently helpful and friendly customer service. Any time I call with a question, the person on the phone is empowered to help me out.

Cons:

There are even more integrations and advancements that I think FreshBooks could offer to be even better. Here are a few examples: + I'd love to be able to do some kind of forecasting of income based either on draft invoices for project currently in the works, or estimates that have been accepted. + I wish I could set up estimates so clients could accept/reject specific line items so that I could send one estimate with different options, rather than multiple different estimates. + I wish I could apply discounts to specific line items in the invoices rather than the subtotal of the entire invoice so I could discount my services without discounting passed-along expenses I incur. I've shared such feedback and other minor requests with the FreshBooks team, and they've sounded receptive, so I hope updates/upgrades like these will one day be available.

Charles
Owner in Canada
Construction, 2–10 Employees

The Worst online Invoicing System on the planet

Comments: Freshbooks is the worst company I have every dealt with. I had a legitimate complaint about the software duplicating, triplicating and some times four versions of the same transaction. They ignored my complaint for over a year and when I finally reached a VP to discuss, then cancelled my account in under 48 hours losing years of business information, including invoices, contacts etc. Freshbooks goal is to get your money and then destroy you business. To add insult to injury, 18 months after Freshbooks canceled and deleted my account, they charged my credit card for another year subscription. Basically Freshbooks wants your money, prepared to sell you a horrible solution, will kick you off if you complaint too loudly and then charge you for another year with zero accountability. Freshbooks should be facing fraud charges and or a Class Action lawsuit. I expect either very shortly in the future.

Pros:

The software was easy to use and did allow me to set up a single customer with multiple email address (you can not do this on Quickbooks)

Cons:

The software was horrible. It would duplicate, triplicate and sometimes four times recreate the same bank account or credit card entry. this made life for my book keeper a nightmare. You then complain about this oversight and Freshbooks would ignore your complaint, indicate it was a once only issue (which it never was) and eventually will kick you off their platform with less than 48 hours notice losing years worth of business information, including invoices, contacts etc. Freshbooks will go down in the Hall of Fame of worst business software platform ever. My advise to all is avoid this platform at all cost and use another online solution. Freshbooks will screw you over the first chance they get.

Heidi
attorney in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

Great for timekeeping and invoicing, but challenging for bookkeeping

Comments: Great for invoicing and timekeeping, but bookkeeping function requires a course in accounting or more in-depth training that I just didn't have time for.

Pros:

As an attorney in solo practice, the timekeeping function is great. I can use my app or use the computer easily, and it tracks my time in a neat report for clients beautifully. I also find invoicing clients very simple, although I've found some difficulties with customization when it comes to my clients on retainer. Otherwise I've been very pleased.

Cons:

I had a very difficult time using the bookkeeping software on the program. I couldn't customize taxes, and I found that because I have no background in accounting I was really messing up frequently. I ended up outsourcing bookkeeping to Bench, which has worked out fine but it's only been a couple of months. the difficulty using Freshbooks for bookkeeping made tax time very difficult and stressful because I had to completely redo what I had entered in the program.

4 years ago

Hey Heidi, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks! I'm glad to hear that you've had an overall positive experience using FreshBooks, aside from the bookkeeping side of things. FreshBooks does aim to be an intuitive software so folks can manage their books effectively, but we're always welcome to hearing feedback about what could be improved. You can provide that feedback directly to our Support Team, who can be reached at 1-866-303-6061 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm EST or [email protected]. ^DM

Salim
Salim
Non Executive Director in Kenya
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Gain supremacy and rediscover accounting experience with FreshBooks, the best there is in the market

Comments: We make use of FreshBooks in our organization for accounting. More to just accounting, it has delivered us with top quality bookkeeping services which helps us keep all our financial books like receipts in an orderly and easy to access place. It gas also helped us create very effective invoices for customers, send them together with due payments reminders and also it allows us understand the position of our organization financial via the financial reports.

Pros:

FreshBooks gives one a robust and unified accounting platform where you can perform all your accounting tasks efficiently without having to use multiple products for each task. With its functionalities in bookkeeping, billing, accounting, expenses tracking, financial reporting and much more, it always proves to be the most qualified tool for solving your accounting needs. It helps generate very detailed financial reports which are effective at giving accurate insights on the position of the business financially. This also helps by guiding one on how to make crucial decisions to help improve your business performance. It has a very user-friendly user interface which gives one easy time when navigating through it and making use of its features. Moreso, some of its functions like invoicing comes with ready-made invoice templates which guides you toward generating professionally looking invoices for your customers. FreshBooks has a very committed user support team which are always ready to offer any assistance you need or answer any questions you might be having.

Cons:

FreshBooks is a very effective accounting tool and each of its features has proved to be very useful. It's easy to use, has a very supportive customer support team and i have never encountered any difficulties when using it.

Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A nice experience with Freshbooks

Comments: I have found the platform to be very user-friendly and efficient. It has made my job of managing expenses, invoicing clients, and tracking time much easier and more streamlined. I particularly appreciate the ability to create and customize invoices quickly and easily, which has helped me to get paid more promptly and accurately.One of the things that I find particularly useful is the ability to access Freshbooks from anywhere, as it is cloud-based and accessible on multiple devices. This has made it easy for me to work remotely and stay up-to-date on my accounting tasks while on the go.Overall, my experience with Freshbooks has been very positive, and I would recommend it to other people who need to manage finances for their companies. While there are some areas where more customization options or integrations could be beneficial, the platform is generally reliable and efficient. I appreciate the value that Freshbooks provides, and it has become an essential tool for me in my job.

Pros:

I can confidently say that the invoice creation feature is one of my favorite parts of the software. It's super user-friendly and allows me to create and customize professional-looking invoices with ease. I'm not an accounting expert, so the fact that I can navigate the software without feeling overwhelmed is a huge plus for me.I also appreciate that I can automate recurring invoices, which is a huge time-saver for me. It's great to know that Freshbooks can handle the invoicing while I can focus on other important aspects of my business.Sending invoices through Freshbooks is a breeze, too. I can easily send them through email and get notified when clients have opened and paid them. And with the option to accept online payments, my clients find it super convenient to pay their invoices.

Cons:

One thing that can be frustrating is the lack of customization options for certain aspects of the platform. For example, while I appreciate the ability to customize invoices and estimates, there are some areas where I feel limited in what I can do.For instance, the dashboard and reporting features are not as customizable as I would like them to be. While I can view certain metrics and data points, I cannot always tailor them to my specific needs or preferences. This can make it difficult to get a comprehensive view of my business and make informed decisions based on the data.Additionally, there are some integrations that I would like to see available on the platform that are not currently offered. While Freshbooks does offer a decent selection of integrations, there are some key tools and apps that are not yet supported. This can be limiting in terms of workflow and efficiency.

Randall
Randall
IT Support Specialist in US
Higher Education Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

FreshBooks provides small businesses with some of the best invoicing and billing features available.

Comments: Billing and invoicing were made much easier using this software.

Pros:

FreshBooks gives small businesses a well-designed and intuitive user interface that can easily be used for a variety of different functions, most notably billing, and invoicing. Users are given a wide array of attractive template designs to choose from when creating invoices, allowing for catchy, yet professional looking documents. FreshBooks also provides users with tools for team collaboration, estimates, and projects, all of which can be easily navigated and set up to increase your small businesses' ability to maximize communication, send automatic reminders, submit proposals, and secure jobs with relative ease. As an accounting package, FreshBooks also provides users with the ability to perform some fundamental bookkeeping and accounting functions, has some bank reconciliation functions, enables you to accept online credit card payments, and provides many of these features via their full-featured mobile application. Last but not least, FreshBooks provides excellent customer service from the start. A detailed and easily followed tutorial will help new users get started, while their well-trained staff is always ready to provide users with answers to any questions or issues they may encounter. FreshBooks is very proud of their customer service and their customer satisfaction rating, and it really shows when you speak with one of their representatives.

Cons:

One limitation in FreshBooks as an accounting package is the fact that they utilize single-entry accounting. While this may not be an obvious flaw to a new small business owner, it will become apparent as more accounts are created, employees are hired, and payment options are implemented. Single-entry accounting is quick and simple, but it certainly leaves something to be desired. Over the years some application updates have diminished or completely removed some useful features, like service and customer records, and inventory tracking, all of which were very convenient and helpful features.

Alexandra
Alexandra
Chief Executive Officer in
Design, 2–10 Employees

Freshbooks is the perfect solutions for service based businesses

Comments: We've used Freshbooks for quite sometime now in our business. When searching for billing software, I needed something smoothe, mobile and also that allowed for customer portals that could be branded to our company. This was a big deal for us, so we absolutely wanted to make sure it was a feature in whatever software it was and Freshbooks did just that. Freshbooks is super easy to use and handles everything from the customer accounts, to the invoicing to recurring charges and credits. At the end of the year, all the clients get a statement of their services they have paid for, and they never have to contact us about anything. They can review their bills at any time, and also accept estimates that are put together. It also is fabulous for integrations, and we currently use Google Apps, Gusto HQ and a few others to make it that much more effective.

Pros:

Some of the biggest reasons we chose Freshbooks over other software: *Incredibly smooth and easy to use interface *Ability to brand your own in colors as well as add your logo *Each customer can be assigned their own billing portal login and you can have multiple clients under one company but each have different username *Utilizes Braintree payments (our primary merchant processor) *Integrates with Google Apps and Gusto HQ *Flat rate for up to 5 users, we currently use the Might Oak Plan *Team tracking and hour logging for projects (huge deal since we work with contractors and they also have a free contractor add on option) *Mobile App is killer - I pop off invoices like it's nobody's business :)

Cons:

*Reporting could be improved *Needs better reconciliation in terms of balances. You can do daily balance sheets, but I would rather have it calculate how my business is doing based on capital in our current account, then factor in what we earned and our expenses. *Not good for businesses that have inventory, need inventory management (this I wouldn't necessarily rate as a con however, because Freshbooks was built and designed for SERVICE style businesses - for that it works great) *Reporting can't be opened in the mobile app, you need to access it via the browser *To my knowledge, you can't run multiple businesses out of one account. We currently have two businesses and are deciding if we are going to open up a separate Freshbooks account or if there is another option that's better suited for the second business.

Design, 2–10 Employees

Terrible interface, bad data security practices and dishonest customer support

Comments: The last year has been horrible, absolutely horrible. This is a dishonest company in my opinion, but the biggest thing was last night after a week or more of begging to have access to my data after the subscription ended Zac, a support specialist decides at 7pm without me asking to access my data, download it to his computer and emailed all the documents to me over an insecure interface. I called and talked with customer service and was promised a call from management before the end of the day to discuss and that never happened. I told the woman I spoke with today that I didn't trust someone would call me back and she promised and of course, no one did. Then when I call back at EOD my phone number is blocked and all I get is an email saying essentially it was a mistake and we all make them and it's not their normal way of handling this, basically, an oops sorry. They clearly have no care for client data security and their security practices seem to be so cavalier from this experience they should never handle anyone's data. Their customer service didn't hesitate to flat out lie to me or management turned them into liars whichever it is. Please don't support this company.

Pros:

The old interface and the previous CEO management. Customer for 10 years, leaving because it's horrible now and customer service is broken and data security issues.

Cons:

Their old software was good, and then they forced everyone to a less-featured new version that lacked functionality and jacked the price significantly. They say they always listen and take feedback from customers but in practice, I never saw any action from the feedback, its like a black hole from my experience. Their new version lacks features and is very clunky compared to the old one. After a year of having issues with the new version, I chose not to renew. I called to tell them I wished to cancel and please delete my credit card data. They refused to delete my credit card data and suggested I may get charged again. In 2011 their policy was that you would always have access to your data through the website regardless of having a paid account. Now they don't do that and have lied about their past policies to me. In 2011 you could have a free account with only one client and would always have access to your data that was what the sales pitch was, they said you would always have access to it. They were the first game in cloud accounting, so this was important. In 2016 when I switched to a new account because of a change in structure I still had access to my old account despite not paying for it after it expired for 3+ years. Now they are so horrible and so anti-customer that the day your subscription runs out they turn it off and block you from it. They are so greedy for money they run customers away. There are much better software and customer service for accounting software