About Copper

Copper is the easy-to-use CRM that's designed for and recommended by Google. Want to be more organized and productive? Try it now.

Learn more about Copper

Pros:

I like the simplicity of how it is laid out. It was easy to customize to some of my company's unique requirements.

Cons:

When I asked about a refund for the past 10 months, they said that I should have cancelled and when I said that I did, they said prove it.

Copper ratings

4.5
4.3
4.1
4.1

8.1/10

Copper has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 563 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Copper before?

Scott
Scott
General Manager in Australia

The CRM for sales team on Gsuite

Comments: I've used a lot of CRMs, from Salesforce to Pipedrive. Copper is hands down the best. Easy to use, easy for the team to adopt but still very powerful under the hood.

Pros:

Automated data entry. Pre-populates a lot of my contacts data so adding new leads is a simple point and click. The gmail integration is amazing. I can get a clear picture of my entire relationship from where I work - gmail. Im really starting loving the workflow automations and cool calculated fields I can make now.

Cons:

I'd like to see a better native integration with an email automation software

Alternatives Considered: Pipedrive, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper: I kept losing track of my conversations and follow up actions.

Switched From: Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Salesforce clunky, very expensive and the team hated it. As a small business we didn't use 30% of it. Pipedrive was ok, but very simple and seemed to suit a very small team. It lacked multiple pipelines and didnt have the integration to Gsuite that Copper provided. Hubspot free was very simple and the full paid version of hubspot was super expensive. I didn't need the marketing features at all. Copper also had a better user experience and gsuite integration.

CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

The ONLY Fully-Integrated CRM Solution for Google Workspace

Comments: Our small business has been a Copper client for the last 2-3 years and we have been incredibly happy with the Copper CRM product and the team that supports it. As our business grows, so do our CRM needs. Copper has been able to fulfill each of these needs as they arise, often from regular updates on their product roadmap. It's almost like Copper has been "inside our head" and developed exactly what we needed prior to us asking. @TeamCopper - Great job listening to your clients in the community and actually developing your product to suit our needs. This is what encouraged us to sign a 5-year agreement with you!

Pros:

Full functionality within Google Workspace plug-in (Gmail, Calendar). Ability to pull a list view of Opportunities, Leads, etc and update individual records without leaving the screen (HUGE time-saver).

Cons:

Import function needs work in the area of duplicate management and add/ overwrite tags. Third-party integration with Zapier makes this seamless but can add unnecessary expenses.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Insightly and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Eat your heart out, Salesforce. Copper just packed your lunch! If you are looking for a robust CRM/ lead management/ marketing suite that has all the lipstick but WITHOUT the Dev cost of Salesforce et al, then you need to try Copper. We did. And we couldn't be happier. Just try it. You won't regret it.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Copper was the robust, affordable solution to our growing CRM needs. Without the Dev cost.

Ramiro
Operations Coordinator in US

Operations Coordinator Opinion

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: We had a very good experience but we quit using it because of the price. It was too much for our needs. Though the features were amazing to have.

Pros:

The integration with gmail is great. In our company we use google accounts, so using Copper extension; the CRM automatically update your contacts with the emails you send. It is very easy to maintain the leads updated.

Cons:

The pricing was quite expensive. The basic plan is not good enough so you need at least the mid tier plan which may be expensive if you don't want to expend too much money. Sometimes they have discounts but they only last a few months.

Roger
Capital Markets, 2-10 Employees

Congrats Copper! You are now officially the worst customer service!!! Great job being a FAILURE!!!!

1.0 last month New

Comments: I have emailed and used the customer service bot on the website over 20 times since July to ask a basic question. Copper refuses to answer my question.  It is not humanly possible for a human to be as rude and stupid as the bot that never answers my question!!!  In my 30 years in business Copper by far has the worst customer service on the planet!!! Even worse than Pac Bell had back in the 1990’s and it was not possible to have customer service as dumb as theirs until Copper came along!!!!

Pros:

Google Integration is what I liked the most! I used to love proper works then it became Copper. Taking away customer service is a major Blunder!!!! Don't do business with copper unless you have plenty of time to waste hours of your life and cost you and your business tons of money in wasted production time.........

Cons:

Which dumb-ass executive wakes up one day and takes away customer service!!! Are you that ignorant that you believe your bot works????

Josh
Data Integration & Sales Support Architect in US
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees

A great CRM for a small to mid-sized company

Comments: Copper has been a great experience overall. Their Customer Success Managers are the most helpful, prompt and friendly people whenever there's a hiccup with Copper. The price per user is a bit expensive

Pros:

What I like most about Copper is its built-in connectivity to all things Google. Auto-logging calendared events, easily adding files to records from our Google Drive, using the Copper add-on to easily push data out to Google Sheets and then Google Data Studio...it's great.

Cons:

I believe Copper needs to focus on tightening up existing features before rolling out new features to compete with other platforms. There's a delicate balance between building new things and maintaining what already exists and I feel that sometimes their focus is too dedicated towards building new.

Robert
Commercial Business Manager in US
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees

Not the standard CRM / Project Tracking

Comments: We use Copper to manager our existing customers. We do not add new customers often, just account management really. We also use it to track commercial projects. It's two completely different uses. We use Opportunities as commercial projects. It would be nice if People/Companies could be segmented as different types with different visible fields. We group a lot of fields and have to toggle open/close based on the type of person being entered.

Pros:

Our company uses the Google Suite of apps so integration with our current setup was extremely easy. We had a single implementation person assigned to our account and she was extremely helpful and responsive. Also the customization options were very useful.

Cons:

The canned reports were not useful to us. We had to build our own through Google Analytics. However the Copper team have recently been upgrading their reports, with the ability to create custom reports now. It's much better.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Copper: The integration with Google is what sold it to us.

Kayla
Founder, CEO in US
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Simple, Powerful Start-up CRM

Comments: We use copper as a CRM tool, a pipelining tool for fundraising, an ATS (applicant tracking system) for hiring, and a task management system for customer support.

Pros:

Copper is a fantastic CRM for startups leveraging Gmail that want seamless integration and an intuitive UI. Pricing is affordable in early plans, enabling startups to leverage Copper in their earliest days.

Cons:

The brand needs a revamp – there are so many muted color, bland CRM tools. Copper *feels* like a fresher experience, and I wish their brand matched that new feeling.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Service Cloud, HubSpot Marketing Hub, Airtable, Salesforce Sales Cloud, JIRA Service Management, HubSpot CRM and Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Seamless integration, accessible price, reliable product.

Sales Executive in Chile

Great tool if you have Google Workspace

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great work tool, if the workers enter information, it is easy to use and read to be able to measure the management and have control over the accounts.

Pros:

Cons:

works better when connected to Google Workspace

Business Analyst in US
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

Copper - Great Sales CRM

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Copper can help display all the information I need to effectively run a sales pipeline.

Cons:

It is intuitive, but it could be a bit more user friendly.

Rebekah
CoS in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Simple CRM for g-workspace users

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Haven't been using long but seems very simple and easy to use.

Pros:

I love how easy it integrates with google workspace

Cons:

I don't like all the manual entry. There is no chat or easy way to get help from a human.

Marc-Antoine
Manager, booking agent, label manager, PR in Canada
Music, 2-10 Employees

Copper is a great tool for sales, contacts and tasks management

Comments: Copper is defenitely a very powerful tool when it comes down to sales and task management. It is easy and instinctive to use!

Pros:

As a booking agent and as an artist manager, the 2 things that I enjoy the most with Copper are the Task Manager and the Contact List features. It goes without saying that the contact list manager is a very powerful tool. It is easy to use: whether you just want to browse through the contacts, uplaod/add new clients or even if you need to find a "needle in a haystack". All the filters that you can apply in a research are super helpful! The task Manager is also one of the main feature that I use on a daily basis. I find it super easy and convinient to set up remainders and follow ups. It is also very useful when it comes down to dedicate tasks to colleagues (without having to talk to them, because you can be very clear using the "details" section).

Cons:

I think probably the biggest issue I have with Copper is that we are all francophones at Doze Agency. Because the version of the software we are using is in English, we sometimes have problems with some "list management". We sometimes have to use some special caracters in French (for exemple: "é", "è", "à", etc.). Maybe a French version of the software is not an option, but a cool feature would be that the software could associate special caracters like "é" to the letter "e" or a caracter like "à" to the letter "a". I know it may sound strange to some, and I don't know to what extent there are other french speaking users of the software, but it would defenitely be a great plus!

Janna
owner in US
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

Copper is helping me keep track of my customers

Comments: Overall it has been helpful to keep track of my contacts. I wish that there were more features for the lower price point, like marketing and email features.

Pros:

I like that it syncs to my Gmail and automatically goes back through 1 year of communication to add all those emails to my connections with my contacts. The Gmail extension makes it super easy to add new contacts to my CRM and keep track of our conversations. It also makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities and what stage they are at. The Task function is nice how it adds to-do items to my calendar and sends me reminders. That is helpful so I don't forget to do things daily.

Cons:

It's pretty expensive for only one user and many of the best features of it are only available for the higher pay level. Also, it's doable to use from Gmail on a phone but not easy. I wish the app extension worked better.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Mailchimp was really just my email list and I couldn't use it as a proper CRM to keep track of leads and projects, etc.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Syncing to gmail automatically.

Jaimee
Office Manager in US

Copper

Comments: Copper has cut down dramatically on administration data entry try which allows for our staff to communicate with our prospects more frequently, which in return is bringing in more business for the company.

Pros:

Copper has helped our company tremendously in regarding to time spent updating our CRM systems. We use to have to add all emails to the system, Copper automatically adds all the emails which has cut down on our administration time dramatically. It will also pull contact information for the internet, which also helps cut down time so the time can be spent elsewhere. Another favorite feature is being able to view the contact file in gmail when an email from that specific person comes in.

Cons:

We wish that when adding notes into copper, there was more flexibility in regards to changing the color of the font or being able to highlight something within the note. Also, sometimes we have an individual in the system with more than one company but Copper doesn't allow you to add duplicate emails to multiple files.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper: If you have ever used ACT, you will understand why.

Switched From: Act!

Copper Response

3 years ago

Greatly appreciate the feedback, Jaimee!

Jacqueline
Broker/Owner in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Intuitive, Inclusive & Scalable

Comments: Wonderful! The customer service is AMAZING and overall we have converted so much more closed business as a result of effective lead and pipeline management within our company.

Pros:

The ability to manage leads, manage pipelines, and store data, along with the ability to automate lead management.

Cons:

the lack of ability to integrate with other softwares, the lack of commission management features, and the lack of ability to specifically disburse leads automatically based on tracked conversion rates

Alternatives Considered: TOP PRODUCER, BoomTown and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Contactually really only kept you nurturing leads but didn't incorporate pipeline management along with transaction and data management effectively.

Switched From: Contactually

Reasons for Switching to Copper: The amount of features and intuitive layout of the program was easily the most scalable as we grow, and the best value monetarily as well!

Copper Response

3 years ago

Solid feedback that we'll be sharing with our team. Thank you, Jacqueline!

Dulce
Legal assistant in US
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees

Amazing CRM!

Comments: Overall very happy with this software. Didn’t need any training at all as it’s very intuitive and easy to work with.

Pros:

It is very user friendly, loads quickly and can be used on the go. I love that there’s an app that works smoothly on my iPhone and iPad. This makes us super easy to work on the go or to be able to access info when away from the office. I also love the copper extension that allows me to see if my clients have opened up our emails (it lists each date and time it was opened)

Cons:

The only issue I have is that the Copper extension (not the software itself) sometimes marks an email as being read if I open it to link it to an opportunity. Not a big deal, I can usually rule out the “read” notification right after the email was sent because I know it was me. Any other reads are ones our customers triggered when they opened the email. I also wish that the mobile app allowed you to view the customers numbers without having to select the “phone” or “call” option.

Mark
Mark
Proposal Manager in Canada

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

Pros:

I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite. I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution. I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Cons:

I think the Copper rebrand is a sign of lots of changes for this solution, and the Forbes article says that there are positive changes to further align this solution with the Google ecosystem. I will say that the rebrand was news to me, but I haven't used the app in a month or so now since a recent contract ended .

Associate in US
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees

Copper for Small Business

Comments: I like Copper, it is easy to use and integrated with Gmail. Cloud base allows use any place in the world. Accounts and analysts (people who do nothing but watch what I do) love looking at my copper but hate putting information in system.

Pros:

1. Organizes leads, people, and anything for sales. 2. sends reminder emails about presentation or phone call. 3. cloud based, can be done anywhere 4. Task managment 5. easy input with enough infomration on clients. Sometimes find info on leads online.

Cons:

1. Can't same attachments for emails. 2. Does not integrate with LinkedIn (App for LinkedIn mixing is terrible). 3. Not enough time to use because focoused on other things for small busines.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper: IT person at company wanted to switch.

Switched From: QuickBooks Time

Drew
Drew
Director of Sales in US
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees

Great CRM for Gmail Users

Comments: Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros:

Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons:

Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Company was growing and needed a better CRM

Switched From: Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Gmail integration and cost.

Copper (formerly ProsperWorks) Response

3 years ago

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Phil
Sales Manager in US
Food Production, 2-10 Employees

Sales for Organic Maple Syrup

Comments: Great tool for the price and for a team.

Pros:

A very essential tool, pretty easy to use for Sales CRM.

Cons:

Lots of features are not needed for the basic sale of a grocery product. Would like to link a People of a Company to be the Companies Primary Contact. so there is only one entry for that in the Company. Wish saved files could be viewed and not just downloaded.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub and Insightly

Reasons for Choosing Copper: Copper (Prosperworks) is much better.

Switched From: Results CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Better team integration. Better Gmail intergration.

Operations in Guatemala
Public Policy, 2-10 Employees

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Comments: Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros:

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons:

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work. Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Building Materials, 2-10 Employees

I really like Copper

Comments: For us it all hinges on Opportunity tracking - which we modified into a "start-to-finish/inquiry-to-money-collected" tracker. We don't use the project management or task management.

Pros:

The Google integration and drag and drop pipelines/stages are what sold me. It didn't take long to learn and start modifying it for our activity/information needs. The mobile version is more than adequate and the whole UI is well done. Like all good software, I'm sure there are features and shortcuts we don't use enough, but basically, it is more than suited for what we use it for; Customer information and job process tracking.

Cons:

These cost more money - via upgrade; Mailchimp integration, adding many custom fields, and better than limited reporting. We run the Basic version.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Insightly and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper: It was the best UI, Google integrated, flexible one of what we looked at.

Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees

Basic CRM

Comments: Overall experience was good until I knew I was paying more for less.

Pros:

At that time I was looking for a CRM that integrates with G Suite at that time called Google Apps. This was the second CRM I tried.

Cons:

You have to play a lof more for the better features that actually completes the CRM. After checking out other companies I realized after using it for more than a year that the CRM is lacking in features.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Copper: I stop using Office 365 and switched to Google Apps.

Switched From: Dynamics 365

Andrea
Membership Animator in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Everything I need for success in one platform

Comments: At first the learning curve with Copper CRM was difficult especially since I had been trained in other softwares. The video tutorials were a great help! At this time and after the learning curve I am very happy with my overall experience with Copper. I use it daily and enjoy how I can personalize the features to suit my sales and relationship management needs.

Pros:

There are a few features in which I like most about the Copper CRM software. Firstly, the opportunities pipeline feature. This is a great tool in following the journey of prospective members and new members. When moving throughout stages of the platform intergrations allow for tasks to be automated with intergrations to Gmail. Which leads me to my next favourite feature which is the Gmail intergration and Zapier intergrations. This allows for my workflow to become much easier, built-in interaction tracking, and more. The email templates are a huge plus too!

Cons:

It was previously the dashboard, but the recent upgrade which allows for a customizable dashboard is a wonderful added value.

Alternatives Considered: Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper: Intergrations, automations, and price.

Richard
New Business Generation in US

Copper CRM is Way Better than other CRM software I've tried -- and I've tried many.

Comments: With me now using Copper CRM, I've found that I can make about 20% more connections during a day because the software is so logically laid out and easy to use. It keeps all the information I need right where it would logically be located. So Copper has saved me time and made me more productive -- and it surprised me.

Pros:

Copper is well designed, and very easy to use. It is logical and well laid out. I've tested 7 other products before Copper and they all were too cumbersome and hard to run.

Cons:

I don't like having to retype the same address information into the program for a "Person" who I am Adding to a Company that already has that address information in it. There should be a pop-up that asks "Use same address as "Company Name?"

Allison
CMO in US

Copper - CRM

Comments: Overall, a very good CRM. It has all the functionality and tools I need to manage the sales process.

Pros:

Copper is a solid CRM with lots of features to help handle your sales funnel from start to finish. You can sort/filter and run lists, export lists, and manage tracking of interactions, schedule follow ups and keep track of emails.

Cons:

There are a few key features on Copper that are not intuitive/user friendly. It's not that they are difficult, but features could be better marked and highlighted as to how to do certain things on the platform. I wish it had better tracking to manage a sales team.