QuickBooks Online Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5
    3.9 /5

About QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online is a small business accounting software and app that allows you to manage your business anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about QuickBooks Online

Showing 4,327 reviews

Brian S.
Family Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-05

"Quickbooks Online Review"

Pros: Quickbooks Online is very easy to use and at an affordable price point for many small and non-profit businesses. Since it is cloud-based, I can access it from any computer, at home or the office. It is sleek and easy to find what I'm looking.

Cons: Since it is a cloud-based software, it is dependent on a reliable internet connection. It is also missing some reporting features compared to the full desktop version of quickbooks.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-05
Stacey H.
Principal/Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-23

"QuickBooks Online is the way to go!"

Comments: Great. I personally do not want to and try not to take on any new clients unless they are already using or are at least willing to use Online QuickBooks.

Pros: Easy to use. Love that it is cloud-based and can login from anywhere. I love that myself and my team can all be working in the same company file at the same time from wherever we are. Also my favorite feature which probably saves hours of time per month is the bank feed feature.

Cons: QuickBooks online features are always trying to be smart which if you are not careful can be matched and entered incorrectly resulting in reporting that is not exactly correct. However as long as you are careful and understand what the software is doing then you can save tons of time.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-23
Mary C.
bookkeeper/owner
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-28

"Have used Quickbooks for years."

Comments: We recently signed up for automated taxes and tax forms. It's free with the package we use. It makes your 941 tax payments automatically and also files your quarterly and annual forms. So easy!!

Pros: This software covers it all. From accounts payable, receivable and payroll. You can also attach invoices, which makes my life paper free!

Cons: Although change is necessary, sometimes the changes the software makes just makes the already known processes a little different. This changes the work flow. There is a feedback feature, that I'm not sure how well it works or how much the information is weighed out. I think the software can be a bit pricey.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-28
Matthew A.
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-21

"Easy to use across platforms"

Comments: For a standard, fairly straightforward business like mine, QB is an easy answer to which accounting software I chose to use.

Pros: QuickBooks is the industry standard, and it's easy to use on a laptop or mobile device. Finding answers to your questions is pretty simple, either through their integrated help section or through online forums...enough people use it that the forums usually help you find an answer to your question, no matter how obscure. It easily connects to your external bank accounts, credit cards, and mobile payment services like PayPal, too. As a publisher, I use a CRM that integrates easily with QuickBooks. I handle invoicing and payments through my CRM, and with the click of a button, everything is sent to my QB account. Makes it very seamless and easy.

Cons: The transaction rates are a little higher than I would like, so I don't use QB for processing credit card payments. Other than that, for my needs as a small publisher, it fits the bill.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-21
Marissa S.
Secretary/Treasurer
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-27

"It’s made my life and workload so much easier!"

Comments: It makes my workload so much easier. I only work 2x a week so the amount of entering adds up. With the old software, it was a nightmare getting everything entered. Now with just assigning what has been automatically entered, it makes the workload easier and saves me a time during reconciliation periods.

Pros: I love the ease of this product. I love that it can be synced to the bank account and then you just assign where it goes rather than manually entering in everything. I love that you can access information easily through the app too.

Cons: The app gives a “receipt capture” option. This would be a great option but when you take the picture, you can’t assign what card it is for and what account it should be assigned to. I’m actually unsure where the pictures go too. This needs improvement.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-27
Benedict L.
CEO & Chief Psychologist
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-29

"Being a user of QBO since 2009..."

Pros: It is easy to use and intuitive user interface.
I have to say that since 2009, there have been great improvements to the interface, and bank integrations are now available.

Cons: For the price point, there are many other similar software that you can get much better value for what you are paying. The bank syncing option while is good, is very clunky and takes too much time and gets dropped off very often. To be fair, it may be the bank systems but it is annoying as a user. There is also very limited options in customizing the template of your documents such as invoices, payment vouchers, receipts. As the world transits to online payments, the least QBO can offer is to allow the option to add QR code of your own respective bank on the Invoice to make payment easier for clients. But this feature is not available on QBO

• Reviewed on 2020-11-29
Controller
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-13

"Great for Small Business Owners"

Comments: Their customer service line has been a huge help with any questions that I have and has made it possible for me to implement and use this software. Without it, I'm not sure that I would be able to fully utilize QuickBooks online. Overall, I've had a positive experience with this product and would buy it again

Pros: We like that we can access QuickBooks from any computer now rather than it simply being on one desktop. The most useful part of this software is knowing that I am compliant in the areas that I need to be as far as payroll goes. I was essentially self taught to do our books and QuickBooks Online made it easy for me to make sure that we were legal in our payroll process and helped me to identify mistakes I had made.

Cons: It is a lot cleaner and the interface is more simple than desktop but sometimes I feel that the functionality is not as good as the desktop version. QuickBooks online does not communicate with Skyworks, an autodealer software, very well and that has been frustrating to have to input the data twice. We are considering moving to a different software for auto dealers and I am anxious to see if it will be able to pull the data into QuickBooks better.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-13
Janet B.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-14

"A must-have for business owners"

Comments: The auto-bank download is a must-have in any tax software. The Desktop version requires some steps to manually visit the bank for the download but can be done. QBO is a solid software for small businesses.

Pros: Good tutorials available, auto-banking transaction download (though it does not work for some banks or credit unions in BC) is a great feature, easy to MATCH or TRANSFER funds. Easy to set up bills and to invoice out of the program.

Cons: A little bit glitchy - sometimes fields get lost, or report titles get shifted and cut-off. Multi-currency requires the user to go online externally to grab exchange rates. It's confusing to issue customer refunds. The tax module (GST, PST) works okay. Bank reconciliations are difficult when there's anything done out of the ordinary, whereas a manual reconciliation would get the job done quicker.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-14
Gloria P.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-04

"Perfect for small business"

Comments: Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

Pros: I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

Cons: The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

by Intuit on 2019-11-05

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review!

• Reviewed on 2019-11-04
Steve B.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-02

"Great where fits - might leave you looking for more"

Comments: Moved from QB Desktop. Love having access where-ever and multiple people able to access it. QBO is much less feature rich than QBD. But, with QBD, you have to either log into a server, or remote desktop. It's stuck in the 90's. So, to make it even work, we had to get a plugin to manage our inventory and orders. If QB Desktop version would move online, it would definitely be a 30 year leap back to the present.

Pros: Quickbooks is easy to use, widely known, and priced affordably. Good for a small business. Having it online was a necessity. Having it link to bank accounts so smoothly is nice.

Cons: If it's not the QB way, you have NO WAY. They are not interested in helping with any needs of YOUR business. If your business doesn't fit into THEIR way, too bad. But, overall, they have a good program that fits most of your business needs.
i.e. If you want sales orders and inventory management - you might as well be asking a rock.
i.e. If you want to use your own credit card processor, they will force extra steps on you and take away features and functionality.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-02
Sarah B.
VP, Director of Finance
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-17

"Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits"

Comments: From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Pros: Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Cons: The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

by Intuit on 2019-09-17

Great review, Sarah! We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to complete so many tasks for your organization. You can count on us to be there for all of your accounting needs for years to come. We recommend checking out our Blog to find out more about ways we're working to improve (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, this article provides details on setting up wage garnishments (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/setting-up-a-wage-garnishment/01/370809#M7725). Lastly, we invite you to take a look at the following link to find out more about processing payments in your QuickBooks account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/merchant-services/process-payments-in-the-merchant-service-center/00/186106).

Cheering you to continued success!

• Reviewed on 2019-09-17
Dane J.
Owner/Operator
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-02

"Quickbooks Online is Robust Software"

Comments: Overall, QBO is wonderful software for bookkeepers, accountants, and small business owners. It is arguably the most powerful and robust software on the market, and is priced fairly well. Its integrations with other pieces of software and/or websites that small business owners use is second-to-none, and I am glad Intuit continues to work on that area. I would only say that support's knowledge of their own product is incredibly limited in my experience, and they need to stick by their pricing instead of releasing a few new features every year that have marginal actual use and claiming they need to raise prices because of them.

Pros: I love QBO - their software just works! I own a bookkeeping firm and nearly all of our clients use QBO. Nearly all bookkeeping activities can be completed, including accounts payable/receivable, financial statements, journal entries, bank reconciliations, sales tax, and even payroll. I find our clients want us to use QBO and they are eager to learn it. Along those lines, it is an easy piece of software to teach someone how to use, but still packs many robust features.

Cons: Two items: 1) The Intuit QBO customer service needs work, and lots of it. I have only web-chatted with them on three occasions, and on all three occasions, I solved the problem myself before the support agent could find a solution. A company as big as Intuit should know that their support agents need to be MORE knowledgeable than the end-user. In my experience, this is rarely the case. Possibly more training is necessary? 2) Intuit keeps raising monthly subscription prices on their QBO products. In using them for just about five years now, I have gone through five price increases/changes for their QBO Essentials and QBO Plus products, and an additional two on Intuit/Quickbooks Payroll (their payroll increases actually caused me to switch to another provider). Watch your e-mail for notifications diligently.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-02
Autumn S.
Director of Operations
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-06

"Great for bookkeepers"

Comments: Overall our experience is great. I do think it's a little expensive for a small company. It has a lot of features that we spend the extra money for ease of use. I haven't had any issues calling tech support and we are very satisfied.

Pros: Quickbooks is super easy to use. All of our banking and savings accounts are attached as well as our business credit cards. I love the app feature and use a couple of the apps to assist, especially during tax time. We use classes for everything and it's so great to get a snapshot of each events profits and losses.

Cons: I wish that I could have multiple companies on one account. I have a few different small businesses that we run and it's not cost effective to have a quickbooks account for really small companies. I have found other free software programs that mimic quickbooks to manage those accounts.

by Intuit on 2018-11-13

Hi Autumn. Rest assured there are versions of QuickBooks that allow you to manage more than one company within the program. You can learn more about this software at https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop, but I want to ensure you're getting the value you deserve in what you're using now.

I can gladly forward your comments about multiple businesses per account to the Development Team. Customer ideas power the innovations regularly rolled out, so thanks a ton for sharing yours. The QB Blog is used to post about new and exciting changes, and many of the latest even got their start in the feedback channel (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/). Regardless, I encourage you to email me directly. It'd be my pleasure to discuss what your options are, as well as how you can save money using Online ([email protected]).

I'm thrilled to read QuickBooks has left you with a great impression overall, though. Talk soon!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 2018-11-06
Randi H.
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-07

"QBO has been a game changer for my business, but I have a few complaints."

Pros: I converted from QB Desktop Pro to QBO about a year ago, and it has been a game changer for me. Some pros: 1. The design is much more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive than QB Desktop. I now feel comfortable doing my own reconciliations rather than paying a bookkeeper, as it is much more natural than the steps required before. 2. I can easily add users and therefore don't need to pass the file back and forth. Before, I'd forget that my bookkeeper is working on my file and would make changes, which caused big problems. This is no longer an issue. 3. I can login anywhere. 4. The apps are a big deal for me. For example, I have an app called "Importer Pro" which allows me to import the schedule from my scheduling software. It then automatically generates and invoice for my clients, and it could also automatically generate an invoice for my independent contractors based on the work they do. This saves me about 25 hours per week. I could not have done this with QB Desktop.

Cons: There are two main (and large) problems I've found: 1. You cannot revert your company. So if you make a big error, or a disgruntled employee with QBO access logs in and messes everything up, there is no going back. That's a big issue. Luckily, it has not been a problem for us yet. 2. If you need to edit a past invoice, it deletes the description and changes the hour to 1. This became a problem for me when I realized that the line items were not mapped to the client, and I needed to change the "product/service" to something that is mapped to the client. Previously, I was using a generic term in "product/service" for all clients, not realizing it was an issue. However, I cannot go back through my past invoices and change the product/service because it will delete the description and edit the hours, which is way too time consuming to deal with. I have thousands of line items that are not mapped to the client. I reported both of these issues to QBO. Asked to talk to a supervisor after the first person was very unhelpful and clearly not trained well. The supervisor said he would talk to the development team and call me back within 48 hours. That was months ago and of course, no call. Disappointing.

• Reviewed on 2017-06-07
Jennifer M.
Controller
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-26

"MOre than you think"

Comments: Overall I will use QuickBooks desktop version for as long as QuickBooks makes it available. There is so much that can be done with this software, I don't think most people even know nearly all the features and capabilities.

Pros: I like how user friendly this software is and how easy it is to learn. I am constantly adding new capabilities to my tasks that make work so much easier.

Cons: I prefer the desktop version and QuickBooks is trying to move everyone to an online version. I tried that for my personal finances and it was extremely limited and expensive.

by Intuit on 2019-10-01

Hi there, Jennifer. Hearing that QuickBooks continues to make the workday easier for you is music to our ears. You can count on the Desktop version to serve your business needs with the 2020 version being the most recent release. For information about this release and new features, please see the following article: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1884065).

Thanks for the wonderful review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 2019-09-26
Aaron F.
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-11

"The perfect fit"

Comments: The go-to book-keeping software. It's just right...

Pros: I love that there are many packages available so that I can get just what I need to fit MY business. There is software out there that is a "one-size-fits-all" and you end up paying for services you don't need or not getting the services you DO need. That's not the case with Quickbooks. I am a contractor and I got Quickbooks Online Plus and I can track projects, 1099's, payroll, and all of the simple book-keeping. The projects feature is amazing as I can categorize transactions per job and know my profitability on a particular job with a few clicks. The reporting is great. I give my accountant the login information and at the end of the year, he logs in and does my taxes for me. The mobile app is perfect for bookwork on the go. Snap a picture of the receipt, tag it to a project and account and it's all taken care of. It links to all my bank accounts and cards so I have everything all in one place. I can access it from anywhere and don't need to download anything as I can use the web app in any browser. It's the perfect fit.

Cons: Cons? Well, I guess it could be free... but it saves me more than the subscription rate in time, reporting, and paperwork, so for me, it technically is free...

• Reviewed on 2018-11-11
Harley Y.
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-13

"Great Service for Accounting"

Comments: It's the best at what it does, but I wish the customer service was better.

Pros: It's very clean and once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use.

Cons: Customer service is rough. It's hard to get someone on the phone, and when you do, if an issue is not resolved, it's hard to come back to the original problem and find someone to help. I don't like having to start over.

by Intuit on 2019-09-13

We're thrilled to know you've enjoyed using QuickBooks, Harley! You can continue to rely on us for all of your accounting needs for years to come. For an alternative route to reach support, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find a variety of articles, and if you don't see exactly what you're looking for, you can post your own unique question to receive helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review!

• Reviewed on 2019-09-13
Field Representative
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-05

"Quickbooks pros and cons"

Comments: Since we started using Quickbooks keeping tabs on what invoices are outstanding is a breeze. Keeping track of invoices owed to vendors is simple. The best so far has been the payroll option a few clicks and some data input and your done. Quickbooks has made keeping track of financials much simpler and quicker than doing it all by hand on paper.

Pros: Pros for Quickbooks are the payroll option, makes keeping track of federal income and state taxes much easier. Getting invoices to clients is simple, and being able to see when that invoice is viewed by the client is a great function. Being able to quickly add and search through a list of our clients as we have hundreds is a vast improvement than searching through paper files.
The addition of the warning that there was an issue getting an email through to a client is a feature that I love.

Cons: There are some features that I would love to see in the software that I think would be basic ideas that are not there. Using Quickbooks for inventory is great but in my business we have 8-12 week lead times and may not have the stock on hand but once an invoice is made from an estimate it will automatically take the stock out. I find this a little frustrating and would love a feature that lets you suspend the inventory for that invoice.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-05
Deborah W.
Managing Partner
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-27

"Great product in a remote environment"

Comments: It's made operating my business in a remote environment possible.

Pros: The best feature of this product is that it makes working remotely with your bookkeeper and accountant easier. I never see them in person, but my books are always up to date because it is so easy to automate things, and the things that can't be automated are handled by the CPA and bookkeeper via the web.

Cons: If you are not a bookkeeper or CPA by trade (I'm an attorney), there are aspects of this program that are too complicated to figure out without a lot of help. And it's not easy to get help from Quickbooks customer service.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-27
Diego P.
Director of Operations
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-22

"Quickbooks Online is the best"

Comments: Thanks to Quickbooks online, now our accountants don't really need to come into our office to work on Quickbooks. They can just log in from their offices.

Pros: I can log in from any computer when needed. Is simpler to use than the desktop version of it. I like the new look with a minimalist design compared to the desktop version.

Cons: When we first got it, there were a few bugs when trying to write checks. For some reason when going back to look for the checks, they didn't appeared in the system. I noticed so far the issue was probably solved with an update.

by Intuit on 2019-10-28

Hello, Diego. We know running a business doesn't always happen at one single location, so it's great to hear you've been able to complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can continue to count on us to keep it simple. We recommend checking out the Community to continue learning about your account or if you ever need a helping hand: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for a great review!

• Reviewed on 2019-10-22
Justin P.
Chiropractor
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-10

"Great for our small business"

Comments: We access QuickBooks through our accountant who has a cloud setup for our business For our Macs, we have to use a separate application to run the program. I believe this is because of the nature of our accountant’s system. It is very easy to use, and actually makes me look forward to assessing our financials periodically (as opposed to before, when we monitored everything through excel workbooks!). It is easy to categorize all of our expenses and if I ever am unsure of where to log an expense there is an “ask my accountant” option. Overall, switching to QB has been an awesome decision for our business. I’m sad we waited so long!

Pros: QuickBooks saves our business *days* (not just hours) of time per year in regards to our financial keeping. It is very quick to go through our monthly statements to double check our revenue and expenditures (roughly 5 minutes for a month). We pay our payroll by just clicking a few boxes. As a small business, time is a huge factor. My most favorite feature is the mileage tracker. I have used several mileage trackers/recorders, and QuickBooks is my favorite in terms of format and accuracy.

Cons: There are A LOT of features. For our small business, there is so much stuff in QB that we do not utilize and make sure it slightly confusing. However, once you learn what portions you need for your business and what you need, it’s very easy to navigate.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-10
Jake D.
Vice President
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-04

"Powerful for Cloud-Accounting"

Comments: QBO has made some major advances in recent years/months due to the pressure of other cloud-based accounting suites trying to steal Intuit's market share, and these advances have benefited us as end-users. Though the interface and forms-based entry is a little different than the desktop software, the functionality in QBO is realistically quite similar to the Desktop version. I have not found many limitations to QBO that require any kind of work-arounds, but at the same time, I have had some trouble with software bugs and down-time. I don't think I've experienced as much as others I have heard from, but I have run across a few issues. In comparison to the desktop software, the bugs I've encountered in QBO are almost inconsequential. When you have a bug in the desktop software, it is usually a corrupt file or the loss of information, which I have never encountered with QBO. There are a couple bells/whistles that are missing from this, like the ability to print signatures on checks, but I usually recommend against that for safety reasons anyway. On the bright side, I have seen QBO respond to feedback and implement the changes they have heard from customers, so I know that they are continually improving. At this point, I think QBO still stands out above other cloud-accounting software for its power and ability to handle many industries.

Pros: Power & Functionality in the cloud world.

Cons: Pricing can be expensive over the life of a subscription.

• Reviewed on 2016-11-04
Brett W.
Lead Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-22

"Quickbooks Makes My Business Run Smooth"

Comments: While I know a lot of people who use other ways to handle and manage accounting, I use and recommend Quickbooks for the simple fact that it integrates with nearly all banks and institutions, and I can send my QB information to my accountant anytime. I'll take peace of mind in exchange for an overwhelming amount of tools and extraneous features any day.

Pros: As a self-employed web developer, I need all the help I can get with accounting and managing expenses. I first started using Quickbooks Online in 2014, and have seen the product grow and improve significantly over the years. I use the software for invoicing, expenses, 1099 forms, and a few other features. It makes me worry less about accounting and taxes and focus more on what I do best: making the internet a better place, one website at a time.

Cons: For me, there's an overwhelming amount of features that I haven't even used yet, which can be a bit intimidating, especially for someone who runs his business in a very DIY manner. I've noticed the dashboards can be a bit cumbersome when it comes to generating reports and finding basic items for when I need to invoice my clients, but after some time I was able to get over it.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-22
Don W.
Computer Services Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-15

"QuickBooks is an excellent financial management program."

Comments: I used QuickBooks for many years to run a small computer service company. It did a fine job of handling bank accounts, check writing, accounts receivable and payable, report writing, etc. After I was trained in its proper use it did an excellent job and was fully adequate to the needs of my organization. I can't comment on how it would work in a very large company, because I have no direct experience with that.

Pros: QuickBooks comes in many versions, customized for your particular type of business. Those versions are optimized for the particular needs of, for example, service companies, with a different version optimized for sales departments, medical practices, etc. It is extremely powerful and will do an excellent job for a reasonable amount of money. It's manuals, both printed and online help, are excellent, and its tech support is first rate.

Cons: It has a very steep learning curve, and you need to understand a minimum of bookkeeping and accounting in order to use it correctly. When I first started using it, I had to hire an accountant to set it up and train me in its use. There can be long time waits for tech support to come on the line.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-15
Khaled H.
Senior Accountant
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-20

"Review"

Comments: Amazing experience

Pros: Easy access from any computer and I like the mobile app

Cons: I'd love if the "Combined reporting" feature is available

• Reviewed on 2019-07-20