• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5

About Itemize

Fast receipt scanning and easy expense reporting on the go or in the office. Don't settle for standard. Itemize.

Learn more about Itemize

Arshard A.
Chief Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-28

"The best finance manager"

Comments: When trying to handle year end taxes Itemize can come in handy. every transaction is stored in your personal folder, which comes in handy use when generating reports. Also, you can store all your receipts hereafter, there is no fear of losing any or hoarding a 100s of papers anymore. This makes finance managing very easy.

Pros: I need not save a bunch of receipts anymore for any unpredictable situations. I can just save it in the app, and if ever needed I can show use the pictures to show in stores and exchange my orders etc. Managing the expenses have become easier as I can enter the pictures easily into the expenses log.

Cons: The app sometimes crashes, which though is not a major drawback sometimes can be frustrating especially when you are in a hurry. And the categories are preset, sometimes we the users might prefer adding in their own categories.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-28
Freelance Writer and Editor
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-16

"Don’t Get Lost in the Shuffle: Receipt Tracking Made Easy"

Comments: This software is great, as it takes away so much of the hassle and frustration I’ve experienced in the past when trying to keep track of and categorized my receipts and expenses. It’s like hiring an accountant for $10 a month!

Pros: The fact that I am able to take a picture of my receipt and have the important information imported into Itemize saves time and frustration! Not only can I store my receipts digitally, without worrying about keeping the paper copy, but I can also save them on the Cloud and access them from any device.
Another great feature is the ability to sort through my receipts based on various categories. But, best of all: I’m able to create PDFs and import all of my expense information into programs like Quickbooks and Excel.

Cons: I’ve encountered some bugs while using the program; however, most problems have been fixed with their latest update. Unfortunately, the app can run a bit slow. I also wish that they would lower the price point for the premium version (the only version that is worth it), however, in the long run, I probably saved just as much on taxes by being able to itemize my expenses accurately as I have spent subscribing to this app.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-16
Chris C.
Administrative Support
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-22

"Itemize review"

Comments: Our accounting department has used this product extensively to save us time as we go through invoices. We no longer need to have an associate enter every invoice we have. We are able to significantly cut our time on this task.

Pros: This software helps parse data from receipts, invoices, and the like, and I love that there is a software that can do all of this automatically for me.

Cons: The API has caused some issues for our company, but we have been able to get great help from customer service, and our IT personnel have been able to quickly implement their assistance.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-22
Chief Transformation Officer
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-17

"Good app to track expenses"

Comments: The concept/app is very good, but need to improve the use for multiple countries

Pros: Great ACR capabilities, so identify most of the texts of the invoices.

Cons: Multi currency/countries does not work well. Do not have a favorites countries/currencies list so it is hard to add bills of other countries. Bug adding bills manually.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-17
Ramon V.
Real Estate Agent
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-08

"I like the app and use it to help me be more efficient with my time."

Comments: Efficiency and productivity

Pros: I like the ease of taking a photo of my receipts and having the app autofill the vendor and amount.

Cons: I do not like not being able to select pre-determined categories. I'd like a way to have a drop down of available categories to choose from.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-08
Ivor G.
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-16

"Thanks to Itemize"

Comments: It costs money and isn’t cheap, but it works for me and I can claim it back next year.

Pros: It means I don’t need to keep each receipt when I purchase work related items, just create a custom search and in a second the report is there, with receipts too if you want them

Cons: That I have to manually create a report for the financial year

• Reviewed on 2018-11-16
Ryan G.
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-05

"Great for teams and business owners"

Comments: I can't save a receipt to save my life and I keep getting scolded by my accountant. Even more difficult is getting the rest of my team to save theirs since they use company credit cards. With Itemize, it's easy for us to remember and actually save the receipts. I also love that my accountant can pull up everyone's in one place. Great product, we'll continue to use.

Pros: Ease of use, makes not saving receipts inexcusable.

Cons: Initial setup required a scanned agreement, felt outdated for an app. I'm sure that's been resolved.

by Itemize on 2016-10-05

Great to hear you are pleased with your Itemize experience! If you ever have any problems, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help you!

Lauren K.
Sales Manager
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-17

"Easy to get organized"

Comments: Love the ease of uploading receipts. Wish the interface for tagging was a little easier. I have multiple businesses. I haven't yet figured out how to categorize per business. I also haven't figured out yet how to create categories to track spending. That would be a cool addition! (Maybe that capability is already there and I just haven't found it yet.)

Pros: It is really simple and easy to upload receipts.

Cons: I want more flexibility in usage. I would like to be able to designate receipts to more than one business. I would also like to utilize this app simply as a way to track spending in categories.

by Itemize on 2016-12-12

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your suggestions and will send them to our development team! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

• Reviewed on 2016-11-17
Lee F.
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-26

"Itemize does a good job of capturing all of the data"

Comments: I've been using sone sort of scanner for years to keep track of my exspenses. None have really worked very well. I spent a lot of time typing in info that wasn't captured. Itemize works most of the time. Taxes are going to be a breeze this year.

Pros: It captures data reliably. I like being able to use my iPhone to scan on the spot.

Cons: It's expensive.

by Itemize on 2016-10-26

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

Bill M.
Casting director
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-26

"Keeps my bookkeeper happy !"

Comments: Fantastic tool very resourceful so many categories to choose from and you can even customize categories based upon your business needs I work in the motion picture industry and this is absolutely the best tool I've had for on the road bookkeeping ever

Pros: Having it in my pocket on an app is the best way to take a picture of a receipt and throw it away

Cons: It takes a little longer than I expected to actually load pictures of the receipts

Michelle C.
Developer
Broadcast Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-27

"Itemize is a great app"

Comments: It is making my business tracking so much simpler. I love that i reads all of the receipts i have sent by email and that taking photos of items converts so easily.

by Itemize on 2016-10-28

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Paddy J.
Partner
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-18

"Best expense management app around"

Comments: It does exactly what it needs to, it keeps track of my expenses in a simple manner that also allows me to easily make reports end of the month to ensure I bill clients and keep my administration in check. Love it!

Pros: The app is so easy to use, and interfaces easily with excel to easily create reports I need.

Cons: The app could use some small adjustments to make it a little more attractive.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-18
Alan M.
Owner/Operator
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-21

"Perfect small business app accessory!"

Comments: All my receipts in one effective cloud space with seamless reports functionality!

Pros: Easy to use and has all the functionality I need’

Cons: The inability to select default expense categories

• Reviewed on 2018-11-21
Michael K.
Director, Legal Services
Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-26

"Best expense app I've ever used!"

Comments: Itemize is simply the best expense app I've ever used. Not only are the interface and auto-recognition capabilities top notch, but their support team went above and beyond to help me regain access to my information after an unexpected work change. Needless to say, I highly reccommend their product!

Phillip C.
Retired
Architecture & Planning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"My most useful apps"

Comments: This app makes budgeting and record keeping so easy i just snap a picture of my receipts and it does all of the work and allows me to get rid of mountains of receipts
Itemize saves time, space and work one snap all done

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Nothing

Angie U.
Brand Rep
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-26

"Itemize review"

Comments: Okay other than it's not working right now.

Pros: It's convenient for use on the road & easy to categorize.

Cons: The category titles do not all fit in the

• Reviewed on 2018-11-26
Mary F.
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-09

"Finally a place to keep all my receipts and in an easy to find place."

Comments: Tracking expenses and being able to access them at tax time and not miss anything.

Pros: Ease of use and no ads which is huge for me. Being able to quickly add the info and quickly retrieve it. I was able to track one of last eye appoointments by pulling a received from my phone

Cons: Really there is not a con to it. if I had to pick on thing it would be more auto uploads of choices for costs. Maybe have a household section or a kids section that way I can see how much these kids are eating me out of house and home in addition to my business expenses.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-09
Alan S.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

"Overall, not bad."

Comments: Does what it needs to do for my company but could be a bit more accurate. Seems a bit slow or sluggish in load, searching.

Pros: that it saves all my receipts

Cons: Slow to load, process, reports are not good

by Itemize on 2016-10-26

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! As with any automatic process, servers can be slower during peak hours but we are working to improve the speed and are comparatively faster than most apps in this market. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Kristi Y.
Ergonomist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees

"Great APP!!"

Comments: I use Itemize for my business trips! I love it. Its been a great tool and super easy to use. The only thing I would change is the option to take pictures in a landscape function. Some receipts have two pieces and it can be difficult to get a good picture that is clear in a portrait orientation.

Pros: Easy to use and so many different options to print out reports

Cons: Can't take a clear picture if I need to take one of a two receipts side by side. In cases where you need to show the receipt containing food items as well as the signed receipt including a tip.... I think if you had an option for Landscape orientation, you can do that. Not sure how it would work from a report standpoint, but I know that's one thing I have trouble with when using the app.

by Itemize on 2016-10-28

Debbie S.
Sr. Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-02

"Good start but needs work"

Comments: I think this app has a lot of potential. I wish there was an improvement on the email scanning to not give false positives. Some emails that are advertisements show up as payments. Some items are not editable in the phone app and require logging into the desktop version to fix errors. I tried to use the taxable information recorded last year for tax reporting purposes and found that the grand total of the taxes was not equal to the amount of the details. For a paid product, support is iffy. I reported several of these items on a few occasions and didn't receive responses to many of my support questions. If you are charging for a product, it would be nice if there were quality checks to ensure accuracy. I shouldn't have to pay even more for, supposedly, more accurate reporting.

Pros: Love that it scans email for purchases so I don't have to manually enter everything.

Cons: Accuracy is not very good.

by Itemize on 2016-12-12

Our support is available to all users, regardless of their payment status. As an Artificial Intelligence platform, Itemize is consistently learning with the more receipts that are being uploaded. We would love to discuss your incorrect receipts, please contact us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2016-11-02
Dania H.
Fine Art, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-26

"Great and affordable but sometimes, it crashes on me."

Comments: It is kind of slow when taking pictures of my receipts and uploading them to your server and sometimes, it crashes on me, one time causing all pics/receipts to get lost. Luckily I still had the receipts so I retook the pictures. Other than that, great for the cost.

Pros: Price and ease of use.

Cons: Slow, crashes sometimes.

by Itemize on 2016-10-26

Thanks for the review! None of your receipts would ever be lost, please reach out to us at [email protected] as we can recover them!

Richard O.
Retired
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-10-05

"Keeping track of keeping track."

Comments: Itemize has provided me with great information about how my accounts are being used. It is well worth signing up and utilizing this app.

Pros: That it notifies me about my account.

Cons: Not always timely.

by Itemize on 2016-10-05

We are excited to hear that you are pleased with your Itemize experience! If you are ever experiencing any problems, please contact us at [email protected] and we would be happy to assist you!

Matt F.
Photographer
Arts & Crafts, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-13

"Expense management made simple"

Comments: Easy to use expense management. Just take photos of invoices/receipts and it does all the work of storing that data and giving you an expense report. It's quick to get you your report. Great sofftware for anyone looking to keep data of their expenses.

Pros: Easy to use. Take photos of invoices/receipts and it will do the work

Cons: Nothing I can think of, all works well with it

• Reviewed on 2019-04-13
Rick E.
  • Reviewed on 2016-04-19

"Easy Reporting, I love this app!"

Comments: Pros: Easy Sign Up
Easy to use on connecting emails
Digital receipts just appear
I took a picture of my receipt and scanned extremely fast
I have Pro-the expense reporting is very simple. My son even does this for me-great to be lazy!!!
Cons: No offline mode
Sometimes slow load (This doesn't really bother me)
I don't know what some of the other reviews are talking about. I have had great customer service by just calling their number located on their website. My email was working fine also

by Itemize on 2016-09-20

Thanks for the great review, we are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your Itemize experience and are working hard on new features to make Itemize even more helpful!

• Reviewed on 2016-04-19
Clayton F.
Geologist
Environmental Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-26

"The one stop shop!"

Comments: Overly satisfied.

Pros: This makes doing my tax and reimbursables so easy. I don’t have to keep paper receipts anymore and saves countless hours at tax time. It is a must for anyone.

Cons: Defaulting to USD over AUD. It was a pain to do it on very item.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-26