CentralReach Reviews

4.3 (113) Write a Review!

About CentralReach

CentralReach is a leading EMR, practice management and data collection platform for Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy providers.

Learn more about CentralReach

Pros:

Cons:

Very infrequently there will be system wide issue where the system becomes impossible to use. In such situations it becomes difficult to then be able to convert my necessary data for my clients.

CentralReach ratings

3.9
4.2

CentralReach has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 113 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used CentralReach before?

Student Safety Management Level-1 in US
Individual & Family Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Central Reach as a Behavioral Therapist

Comments: This is very handy and convenient. I dont have to worry about much other than focusing on my client and running trials. It can take a while to get use to. There is a ticket section to get assistance from the IT team for Central Reach but it takes a while to get a response to your ticket. Most thing HR could help me with. It also took a lot longer to get the flow of the trials without paper. You can only see 2-3 trials on the screen at once, so there is a lot of scrolling if your client has many trials. During this time of trying to find the trial you are working on, your client has now eloped. It's a balancing act, but it should only take a few weeks to find your groove.

Pros:

Auto charting No need to calculate Easy access from your phone or computer Auto time tracking Option to specify what method was used during that specific trial (ie. errorless correction) Live sessions can be viewed by multiple people at the same time whether in session with you or not.

Cons:

Glitches a lot When using the app on the phone I would try to scroll through the screen info or stat sheet and instead of scrolling it would initiate a page reload. This would wipe out all notes I had entered on my end session form.

ABA Therapist in US

CentralReach For ABA Data Collection and Storage

Comments: I am able to record and store all my clients data easily in one safe place.

Pros:

I like how CentralReach systematically prompt fades as the client got closer to acheiving our behavioral targets. It was relatively simple to use and I use it for 7 hours each day so that's a huge help!

Cons:

Although I know that it's imperative for the system to log out after a period of pause for HIPPA reasons, however, I wish the system let you stay logged on for a bit longer since I would constantly have to re-log back in during the time I was administering DTTs.

Perle
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Do not use for ABA data collection purposes

Comments: The technical difficulties combined with the very complicated user experience make this a platform I discourage ABA providers from using.

Pros:

The calendar views, authorization management and utilization are great to use.

Cons:

The process to setting up data collection for ABA providers requires a huge amount of response effort compared to other platforms like Catalyst. The procedures are so disjointed between the overall data book, the goals, importing curriculums, I work twice as hard to include relevant info. In order to be compatible with their reporting system, you have to place information at goal levels that should be at target level or enter it twice if you wish to access it logically for data analysis. The graph view does not allow for trends across anything but an entire time period (does not adjust per month or 3 month period for example), if you switch data to per week or month, goal and phase change lines disappear. You cannot view an average of data. The reports generated looked very unprofessional and you cannot alter graphs to different views unless you manually delete them and re-import. The list goes on. The CONSTANT tech issues lead to problems with session timers, saving data, trouble with rates that took months to resolve, and often a complete inability to access any necessary parts of the platform during business hours. At least 1 time per week there are issues, sometimes more. Our clients and staff pay the price for this.

Veronica
Administrative Manager in US

Central Reach vs Kareo

Pros:

I like how user friendly this software is. I am able to track cancellations, authorizations, and the amount of remaining hours we have left on an auth very easily.

Cons:

The meta data does not always pull into a report.

Amarilys
BCBA, Owner in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Learning curve required but excellent product

Comments: Central Reach customer service team is great! They respond within 24 hours and always have great recommendations.

Pros:

Once the system is set up as desired, it makes data collection and admin duties flawless.

Cons:

It does take about a month give or take to go through the training and set the system as you desire.

Nestor R.
Home Base Counselor in US

CentralReach Review

Pros:

Easy to use after learning curve and practice by those experienced in Software who have provided tutoring.

Cons:

A section needs to be add regarding family's participation since the current menu only includes patients due to some of these sessions being Parenting and Mentoring ones as well as for Termination Reports.

Executive Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Total Lack of Sales Integrity

Comments: I very much regret this purchase and am even considering making a switch AGAIN despite the high switching costs. I had a good customer success lead but she couldn't do anything to help the fact that we had a sales rep who over promised and could not deliver.

Pros:

Clean interface, customized forms. Pricing is okay.

Cons:

I finally have to review this because I am so frustrated with this software! So much was promised during the sales process and once we were well into implementation, one by one these things were denied. Additionally, as soon as you "go live" you are directed to use the support ticket function for any questions or issues, and they direct everything to an Ideas Portal which is not maintained.

Owner/COO in US
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

All encompassing program

Comments: I am a CR fan. I've appreciated the many details in the program along with the accessibility to their internal experts to offer help when needed. They are patient and responsive and ease the frustration of the learning curve to get this up and running. It's a quality product and has been very reliable.

Pros:

CR knows ABA and that is evident in how the data collection works. It sorts, collects, reports, and stores all the important information all in one place. It is comprehensive and as detailed as you want it to be with the ability to select any level of permissions for each employee. It graphs beautifully and offers labels and other ways to customize every module. Our schedule is seen in CR, our payroll runs from the timesheets, the billing module fills out the form with the ability to upgrade to electronic billing from their site. Links are created for intake of clients and employees. There is a small business team who has been very responsive and happy to help as we grew into this program. They are also evolving and making it easier to learn as they offer more help classes, webinars and online resources.

Cons:

The main negative is the price. As our company has grown so has our monthly bill limiting the amount of upgrades we can afford to use. Inquiries about cost and price of these upgrades have also been hard to come by as the sales team isn't as responsive as the customer service team. One thing I would request to change is to allow a pro-ration cost of the monthly use. I have to cut off providers who are leaving on a certain day and may miss out on a week of services because I'm being charged for an entire month subscription only being used for a day or two. (I also would not recommend the company who handles collection of the monthly fees. Their website is not user friendly and primitive) The last negative is that we're invested now. It would be overwhelming to even think about switching to another data company even if we wanted to. I'm happy I don't want to, but feel we're at the point of no return and know the price will just continue to climb as we add providers into the system.

Registered Behavior Tech in US
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Great for Tracking Client Progress

Comments: I have seen many improvements with the software as I have been using it. This has made it much more user friendly.

Pros:

I like that once you are tracking client's goals it is easy to go in and track progress. This allows to quickly see where progress is being made or where goals need to be reviewed as no growth is being seen.

Cons:

When adding data for long term clients you have many to scroll through to get to the one you needed to graph. This can make adding data take longer than you would like.

Psicóloga in Venezuela

Excellent, allows my practice management in mental health, and physical therapy and speech.

Comments: The benefits are multiple, CentralReach is the leading provider of records management software and electronic health practices for clinics focused on the analysis of applied behavior (ABA) and CentralReach, the leading provider of electronic health record and practice management software for clinics focused on applied behavior analysis (ABA) and speech therapy.

Pros:

I like most is that this cloud-based system complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Likewise, it is very favorable that CentralReach includes applications for billing, programming, image file systems, human resources and more. Its functionalities include a database of medicines, ICD-10 coding tools and reference letters. Also that the native application of CetralReach is available for iOS and Android platforms.

Cons:

I like least is that some more professionals spend more time on administrative work than working with clients. I consider it a company in the process of maturation.

Brittany
AR Systems Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

User friendly All-in-One PMS

Comments: Overall, we are very satisfied with CentralReach and the support their team provides when we have an issue.

Pros:

This system is easy to use once you get the hang of it. It's nice having all functions of our Revenue Cycle in one software.

Cons:

There are many aspects of the system that require a lot of manual work. Some features/actions can be completed in bulk fashion but others must be edited/updated one-by-one, which can be cumbersome and time consuming.

Isis
Billing Supervisor in US
Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

My Central Reach Experience

Pros:

I like that I can filter services in all sorts of ways, this feature allows review for many different situations.

Cons:

One feature that would save me a lot of time is being able to make changes in bulk. I am able post payments in bulk, but when I need to update a payer, I have to change each line individually which takes a lot of time.

Elizabeth
Behavioral Therapist in US

Excellent Software

Pros:

It's easy to use, very efficient, reliable, functional and comes with so many features. I have used this software everyday, for the past 2.5 years and have not came across any issues. I highly recommend this software to anyone and everyone.

Cons:

I have not encountered any issues with this program.

Matthew
Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Central Reach User

Pros:

Central Reach is unique in that data collection, entry, analysis, and program development are seamless in it’s interface.

Cons:

Central Reach has plenty of benefits, but it’s main drawback is that it goes “down” very frequently, oftentimes during pertinent situations.

Shelby
RBT in US
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 Employees

Love the layout of this program

Pros:

I love that you can see previous data and graphs showing the clients’ progress in treatment. It is easy to navigate due to being able to set up categories of which programs group together and having behaviors apart from programs.

Cons:

My biggest issue with this program is that it often crashes in the middle of sessions and will not save the data taken.

Cassandra
A/R Specialist in US
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Central Reach

Comments: Overall it's good. It is easy to look through and looks good.

Pros:

I like how you can set a task on claims and pick a time and date to remind you. I love how you can add comments to the tasks and task other people as well. I like how there is a dashboard to see a little of everything that you need to.

Cons:

I do not like you do not see what the insurance paid verse patient unless opening lines and doing the math yourself on a group of claims. I do not like how the claims line look it gets very confusing and can get very frustrating.

Morgan
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees

CentralReach Review

Pros:

Once you know how to use this program you can track almost anything. My graphs look great, are easy to update and the cumulative graphs make reports easier to write out.

Cons:

I wish they would allow read data grouping. This program doesn't easily allow for, multiple people, to work and collect data on a client in one day. The session formatting is also difficult, I use wet erase data then have my staff put it in at the end, this decreases the jumping around all over and not hitting my trial count.

Kira
Authorization Specialist in US
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Central Reach

Pros:

I like the versatility of it. The way what I am doing can be achieved by several different approaches

Cons:

Much can be added and improved. Several functions could be better thought out

Amanda
Records Manager in US
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees

Great Product

Comments: Great experience!

Pros:

Very easy to learn; Useful; Overall a great product

Cons:

Can't think of anything I don't like about this software.

Aiya
RBT in US

Aiya Jubeh Review

Comments: Has been great and easy to use for the most part. The hardest things to find are usually documents uploaded by others.

Pros:

Provides a great visual of schedules, payroll and other aspects in an organized manner.

Cons:

Sometimes there can be too much on one page. Too many tabs can lead to confusion.

Gina
Lead Scheduling Care Coordinator in US
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees

CR Review

Pros:

Great and easy system. Quick and easy to learn

Cons:

None, all system changes and features work great

Leo
Office Manager in US
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees

Central reach Review

Comments: Overall I would give Central Reach a 9/10 for user interface experience and overall quality of medical software.

Pros:

The ease of navigation and the dependability along with the clarity it provides a frequent user such as myself.

Cons:

The only negative I would have to point out is that sometimes when it goes down, it can be a real bummer when it comes to obtaining important patient data.

Alexander
Behavioral Therapist in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

My Central Reach Experience

Comments: I find Central Reach to be a useful tool in communicating and tracking progress with my clients. My supervisor and I both find it easy to navigate and adjust when needed.

Pros:

I think the Central Reach system is organized and user-friendly. I appreciate the ease of access and simple login process.

Cons:

I have some difficulty understanding the layout and interpretation of data.

Josh
Business Development Director in US
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees

The Best Software for ABA

Pros:

Everything is under one roof and the system is robust

Cons:

The messaging system could use a revamp as it can be frustrating to use.

Susan
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

So many outages it may not even be worth it.

Pros:

The possibility to see trends in data and to measure progress over time and create several different kinds of reports.

Cons:

Unreliability. This month alone there have been 6 separate times when the system has been unavailable to make progress reports or to collect data, impacting services for clients.