• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5

About 15Five

Through a lightweight weekly check-in, 15Five delivers everything a manager needs to impact employee engagement and performance.

Learn more about 15Five

Showing 25 reviews of 809

Jennifer H.
HR Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 Employees

"High for 15Five"

Comments: We hope that this tool will help supervisors/managers take the time to schedule time with employees. This tool allows employees to put ideas/issues on weekly rather than when they have time to talk to their superior. It also makes employees accountable if they don't bring up issues are participate.

Pros: That it is so easy to use and great way to stay connected with your employees and your boss. It keeps all the conversations in a central location! I just started using it but really like the 1:1 tool, as both of you can enter information and action items.

Cons: So far I like everything, with anything it takes time to get familiar with the system.

by 15Five on 2020-01-08

Hi, Jennifer,

Thanks so much for sharing about the positive experience you're having with 15Five so early on. Looking forward to seeing how this value continues to grow at Tolmar!

Daniel P.
Corporate Engagement Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

"A Great Tool!"

Comments: Good, I'm enjoying using the platform and find it to be a useful tool.

Pros: Keeps us on the same page. Keeps us focused on our goals. Provides clarity and fosters collaboration. It's on outlet for staff's voice to be heard and recognize colleagues for good work.

Cons: No specific area for career or personal development goals.

Nik A.
IT Manager
Dairy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-25

"15Five - User, Reporting & Management Perspectives"

Comments: User: A quick and easy way to provide feedback to management. Reporting: Easy to generate reports that clearly show how staff are feeling, and who is making a difference for other staff. Management: Productivity is linked to how staff are feeling, and 15Five quickly and regularly captures this information. This allows us to address any issues before they become a big problem and cost us too much in lost productivity. Also finding time to sit down with every staff member every week to get their feedback is nearly impossible. 15Five solves this problem by being online and therefore able to be completed and reviewed from anywhere and at any time.

Pros: User: A great tool for giving a quick update on my tasks and projects at the end of each week. Its like a log of my activity, challenges, decisions and outcomes. It is also a good place to raise any concerns & issues. Being online means I can complete my weekly update from anywhere, and at any time. Reporting: The API is brilliant. We have used the API to generate our own reports for senior management and staff that track how we are feeling as a company, the 'High Fives', and how everyone is going with their weekly 15Five feedback. Management: Senior management can quickly get an indication of how all staff are feeling, how all staff are getting on with their work, and who is making a difference for other staff. It also makes it easy to get regular feedback, and that feedback was very useful for annual reviews.

Cons: User: The software is very good at 'one-on-one' feedback, but most of us work as part of a team and this is perhaps one area that 15Five could develop further. Reporting: Would be useful to have Tags that we can assign for tasks and projects so that we can link them with our timesheet software to capture effort etc. Management: Would be useful to have sentiment analysis for comments on tasks and projects so that we could quickly identify strongly negative and positive comments.

Mike H.
Outbound Team Lead
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2016-07-04

"15Five is a great resource to promote employee engagement"

Comments: One of my first questions in my 15Five, which I still see on occasion is a three part question. What are you proud of this week? What are you stressed about? What can we do to relieve these stresses? I always have something I'm proud of. For me, the challenges come from what am I stressed about. I introduced my newest management to a typical day for me, and she felt there were many times I should be stressed. She helped me to find those portions of my day, and take on some of the extra responsibilities so I was working at the same level of efficiency throughout the whole day. To be specific, she took on some of my start of shift responsibilities, as I am limited to how long I have to prepare. Also, she took on some of my preparation for on boarding the new hires I receive. And lastly, she rescheduled some of my pickups that were always coming at the same time at my end of shift when I was trying to multi task and finish our data input. I was working through all these challenges and not even realizing that I didn't have to until I had 15Five to effectively communicate where I could use an extra hand.

Pros: Everything. It has improved our open door policy by giving us another outlet for effective feedback. Also, the 15Five team is always looking towards improvements; inspiring to see that.

Cons: It took longer for me to learn how to use it effectively. That was my own personal struggle. When presented with this service, I just wanted to hurry up, fill it out and get through it. I now know how to manage my time, fill it out a little bit here and there so I am not rushing to finish it at the end of the week. Maybe a stronger emphasis on filling it out little by little thru the week so the client isn't doing what I was doing at first and rushing to finish it with out providing efficient responses to the questions.

• Reviewed on 2016-07-04
Paul G.
Director - IT Ops and Tech Resources
Paper & Forest Products, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-15

"Been using 15Five for a year, it has proven to be effective in managing a distributed work team"

Comments: Helps me keep in touch with remote team members. Provides a snapshot of the various activities that the team is participating. Provides a direct feedback loop between leaders and their team members.

Pros: The structure of 15Five allows the leader flexibility in how they would like their team to utilize the app. The leader can be very deliberate and direct the participants or can establish a framework and allow the team members to participate at their own level. The weekly questions are a great tool for getting a pulse on what is happening in a local team or with an individual, but it takes some coaching for some people to get comfortable with the questioning approach. My team has been challenged to embrace the tool as a social platform as this was not a natural behavior in our organization. It has taken some time, but many members of the team now provide High5's and other acknowledgement to team members that in the past would have gone unnoticed.

Cons: I am not a big fan of the "out of the box" dashboards and flash reports. They provide usage data versus business impacting data. It requires a commitment from the leader or administrator to get the information that they need to run their business from the standard reporting. More templates would be helpful especially after your team has been using the product so there is worthwhile information that can be mined from the application.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-15
Joshua S.
Director of Project Management Services
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-15

"Keeps Your Teams Focused - Never A Surprise"

Pros: 15Five has allowed me to be proactive in manging my team through our weekly 1:1's - getting a clear understanding of my employees' needs as well as their focus from week to week. Having the ability to ask strategic questions - and continually updating and revising them - allows me to get a review of my employees true reflection and state of mind. This has been valuable in so many ways - from how I interact with the employee; how they continue to progress on tasks; and where they're focus is on overall objectives. Being able to publically and privately provide kudos and immediate feedback - which help in the review process - ensures there is never a surprise to either myself or the employee.

Cons: Allowing collaboration (multiple owners) of an overall objective. You can have a parent objective, and multiple team members assigned to support the objective, but at time required to have duplicate child tasks - rather than having the ability to focus as a group. I appreciate the individual aspects, but being able to work as a group is equally important.

Brittni K.
VP
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-18

"High five for 15five!"

Comments: Our team uses 15Five to communicate ideas, wins, and identify issues. Especially as our offices expand and our team grows, it's been wonderful to have a tool that holds accountable and provides some continuity across the board. We've also been using it as reinforcement for training so that our new members can reiterate important information. Our account and sales teams are able to share big wins and improvements and our team supports have tools to gain insight they might otherwise miss. Our company participates in profit sharing and the "High 5" feature allows me to see who I've consistently been praising and for what reason--allowing me a more educated recommendation.

Pros: - Easy interface
- Great customer service
- Enforces accountability
- Creates a space for communication and continued company culture
- It's quick

Cons: I'd like to see analytics and suggestions from it. More company surveys and numbers offered--quizzes or other interactive components that would allow our team to have deeper insight into our employees challenges, happiness or frustrations.

by 15Five on 2017-01-18

Brittni,

Thank you SO MUCH for the fantastic review! Your advice is spot on about being strategic with questions.

Also, we have analytics! It's one of the big features we released in 2016. I'll connect with you separately with more details.

Thanks for being our valued customer! High Fives all around!

Priscilla, 15Five Customer Success Manager

• Reviewed on 2017-01-18
Everianny B.
Senior Tax Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-19

"The interaction between bosses and staff is more direct and close thanks to this software"

Comments: 15FIVE, is an excellent solution for any company that wants better levels of feedback with its employees. A good manager is one who cares about the welfare of their workers, the challenges, the projected goals and the performance and productivity, and this software is a very efficient alternative for these purposes

Pros: This software was introduced by the human resources department of my company, demonstrating excellent benefits that I will mention below: - A more direct relationship between the workers and the heads of the company where I work. -A permanent feedback system where different characteristics such as the morale of the work team are evaluated, expectations, successes and failures, making direct reports to the bosses in order to attack problems and strengthen solutions that strengthen the spirit and productivity of the employee. -Information in real time of the different problems that are generated in my workplace. This ensures that supervisors and managers have a clearer job and managerial outlook.

Cons: This software came to strengthen the feedback between various levels of command of the company, has sensitized and brought to reality the problems of the company, creating an excellent working environment, therefore I have no claim whatsoever about this software

• Reviewed on 2018-07-19
Christie W.
Business Development Manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-15

"Keeps me in the loop..."

Comments: My experience has been nothing but positive, as a small company we've used many softwares to manage our staff, projects, etc. and 15Five is one of the few that has stuck over time. We love that we can High Five people for big and small things. Our team is made up of many "word" loving members, and it's great to put that praise in writing each week in addition to the face to face "thank you's". Their team is also made up of some really incredible and professional people, there to help you along the way if you encounter any issues! I recommend 15Five to other companies several times a month.

Pros: The thing I love the most about 15Five is that I feel in the loop without micromanaging my staff. I can easily pull up their account and see what tasks they're working to accomplish that week, hold them accountable without being in their face, and praise their efforts, all in one place!

Cons: I do wish there were more automated question selections that populated.

Garlenzka T.
Team Lead Designer
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-03

"15Five user review"

Comments: I like getting feedback from management and co-workers. Keeping this going throughout the year, I think is great because it not only keeps you on track for goals, but also helps with keeping the communication going between management and other co-workers.

Pros: Software is easy to use. Also love the reminders during the week on how we are doing with our goals for the week. Very helpful in keeping us in check. I also like the feedback we can give to our co-workers. The knowledge that their managers will see the feedback is great because everyone likes to give and receive positive reinforcement of a job well done and constructive criticism as well.

Cons: My experience so far has been positive. From the option of entering information via my laptop or an App, it's all great.

by 15Five on 2020-02-04

Hi Garlenzka,

Thanks for taking the time to share this awesome feedback with us! It's great to hear you're finding 15Five easy to use and getting value out of it in terms of driving better communication.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-03
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-22

"Great tool for connecting with your team."

Comments: Overall, for a weekly check-in tool, it is great and easy to use. I think it is very basic which makes adoption easy but I am not sure how complex it could get.

Pros: I LOVE high - fives. Our company uses them religiously and shares them with everyone each week so it is a great way to say job well done! I also like the ability to share goals and log progress with my manager and express feedback that may not have been discussed during one on ones.

Cons: The questions asked each week are sometimes really general with nothing to really add value by answering. The review process is also pretty basic, but not sure if this is just how our company uses it.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-22
Kayla V.
Customer Experience Advisor
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"15Five Review"

Comments: Overall, 15Five has allowed me to voice my concerns/opinions/moments that I have succeeded/moments that need improvement/goals/as well as acknowledge other team members who have made my week better or truly impacted my time at Warby Parker.

Pros: I enjoy the 15Five program. I am able to send feedback to my team lead about each week (my personal goals as well as team goals) . I am also able to explain my concerns and possible improvements for the company. I feel like it's a platform that my voice can be heard and having every week to submit my thoughts is HUGE.

Cons: It would be cool if the questions varied a little bit. They can be pretty repetitive. Possible ideas: Ask questions relative to current events/happenings within Warby Parker.

Oscar T.
Engineer
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-11

"I get to easily track my work."

Pros: Ability to list my tasks and goals for the new week ahead of time ; while also reserving the choice to add tasks as I finish them.This option is very important for effectively tracking task and completing goals .
It has an intuitive user interface and I am allowed to freely customize how I receive my notifications.

Cons: There were weeks where I successfully completed my tasks and had no complaints , yet I was unable to submit my form until I had to report an issue or complaint ,which was non-existent ; just to enable me submit the form.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-11
Bryan M.
CSM Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-17

"Manager (CS) Riskalyze"

Comments: As a manager, I love the weekly 15:Fives I get from my employees, and the company cohesion that comes from controlled questions and talking points. My direct reports and I love feeling like our struggles, victories, thoughts, and ideas are all communicated, heard, and documented.

Pros: Weekly 15:Five guided communication
1-on-1 guidance
Multi-level team/company cohesion

Cons: Some menus seem to be too many clicks... structuring the "anatomy" of the UI into dropdowns like an "outline" might make the organization of the program's features easier to understand.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-17
Chiara F.
Full Stack Developer
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-12

"I really really love 15Five. We have it set up for bi-weekly reviews, and high fives!"

Comments: Capterra or 15Five? Sorry, this isn't so clear! Capterra looks like a reasonable survey system, however please know that the star system is not usable on both iOS mobile or tablet (was using an iPhone 5S and iPad Air).

Pros: The high five-ing system, definitely! It is really rewarding, especially once the entire company is on board and and sending out public high fives appreciating and acknowledging people for their hard work!

Cons: Hard to pinpoint anything, I probably don't use the full set of features (am not an administrator). Maybe it's lacking some more statistics around top highfiver, most appreciated. Would like to see some new features there, e.g. "most appreciated this month". The reason being that our product and engineering team got a head start on using 15Five (before the rest of the company caught on), and so we're always at the top.

Spencer H.
Elementary Pastor
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-12

"increases moral, rapport and communication in our teams"

Comments: this benefits our team dynamics and communication.

Pros: I like how simple and easy it is to use and how great it has been for our team dynamics. It has greatly improved our one on one meetings. We can articulate our thoughts with our supervisors and subordinates without the pressure of them being in the room. Then because we already about the issues, we can talk about them without the awkwardness. 15five allows for honest and clear communication which is crucial for a successful organization.

Cons: I like the ability to change up questions and interact with scales, numbering questions and such. there are no cons that I can think of.

Ken S.
Account Management
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-29

"An Account Manager's View on 15Five"

Comments: It is a good tool and I think in a world of remotely work now, this is one way to collaborate with my colleagues and give praises. With COVID-19 going on, probably one of the online tools that will have more and more demand.

Pros: I love the fact that I can carry over a goal (achieved or not) from the previous week to the following week. This feature saves me a ton of time not having rewrite my goals. I also love that I can give Shout outs virtually to members of my team that I work with on a regular basis. Everyone loves recognition. I love receiving them and so I also give them from time to time because if my colleagues are like me, they want to be recognized for their good work as well.

Cons: I wish that it has the ability to prioritize goals through color. That way I can see that the more pressing priority or goal in Red, 2nd tier are in yellow, etc. This would help me focus better.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-29
Stephanie marie H.
Community Coordinator
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-29

"Great for team communication!"

Pros: This really helps great a platform where staff can feel heard and valued by management, and best of all, it's delivered in a way that is easy to use and engaging. The questions are well formulated, and often lead to deeper discussion in our 1:1's, helping to create a better team environment. It's helped our team culture, as each member feels invited and supported in speaking their truth and gets immediate feedback from their supervisor, and praise from their teammates!

Cons: For our set up as a scattered team, often based out of different locations, it can be difficult to sit down on a weekly basis to complete, but this is also exactly why it's needed.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-29
Kristy B.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-02

"great PRODUCT; PART OF OUR MANAGER WEEKLY CHECK IN PROCESS."

Pros: I like the concise questions and stopping me to think about them for a second; I also like keeping track of what I want to accomplish and coming back to it the following week to see how I did. I appreciate the support team; the few times I have reached out with a question they were super nice and helpful and responsive.

Cons: email reminders about it being due so often; Its established as part of our routine as managers...so I don't need to know "its due tomorrow'... then "its due today" then "you haven't submitted it yet" etc.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-02
Yael M.
Senior Customer Success Manager
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-15

"Love tracking my personal development in 15Five"

Comments: I've had a single place so showcase my accomplishments and outline challenges for my boss as a result of our use of 15Five.

Pros: I'm a remote employee so 15Five is necessary for me to track my development and growth with my manager.

Cons: Navigating between screens can feel confusing. Feels like they added more features over the years but didn't make it easy to navigate between them. Wish I could quickly move from my 15Five to my 1:1 to my weekly wins and challenges without all the extra clicks. But this is nitpicky.

Michael W.
Applied Technology Coordinator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

"15Five Review"

Comments: Overall my experience with 15Five is a positive one. I like that I am able to provide my supervisor with feedback and take notes during meetings.

Pros: 15Five is very intuitive. The user interface is very easy to navigate around and the self-help option is very useful if you are ever confused.

Cons: What I like least about 15Five is that the KPI's are not the way I am used to seeing them or visualizing them.

by 15Five on 2020-01-20

Hi, Michael,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the intuitive UI 15Five provides, as well as the challenges of getting used to a new way of working with OKRs (KPIs).

I'd love to hear more about your experience with this if you have time. Feel free to reach out!

Dmytro V.
Co-Founder
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-15

"Game changer for growing companies"

Comments: We solved of problem of managing the growth from 30 to 100 people. 15five helped us to structure our people management and set correct goals.

Pros: 15five mechanics is great.
OKRS are synced with individuals/departments and weekly goals.
Great reports.

Cons: No ability to schedule 1-1s with your indirects.

Grace S.
Design Consultant
Graphic Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-05

"It's the best way to accurately track an employee's performance & how they feel at work."

Pros: I like the process of reviewing colleges to help towards their appraisals. You get a really good overall picture of an employees performance. It's much more effective to have each employee nominate people at the company who have actually worked with them a lot and would know best how to answer questions on that employee. Rather than having a yearly review with a manager who might be really busy all the time and actually doesn't know a lot about how efficiently you work, what you've been working on, how well you work with others etc. I also like how that process was anonymous to a degree and then you can reveal who said what when reviewing the appraisal all together with your manager.

Cons: Can't think of anything that I would change.

• Reviewed on 2019-09-05
Rachelle N.
Manager of Provisioning
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-21

"A Good Way for Feedbacl"

Pros: I really like how you can keep track of things you need to do plus your direct reports can do the same. My one on one with my manager and my direct reports has greatly imported. I really like being able to add talking points to the one on ones.

Cons: I wish there was a way to share have group meetings on here too. So everyone from the team could add talking points to a weekly or monthly group meeting.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-21
Cody Q.
Mix Production Lead
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-15

"Great for small business"

Comments: I think that it's a great product overall, especially for small businesses. For large businesses I think that it would be a little bit harder to keep up with everything, but I'm sure that adjustments would be made in the future, or maybe I just don't know about them as of yet

Pros: Easy to use
flexible
great communication abilities between management and employees
really narrows down the goals of each person(s)

Cons: Haven't run into many cons on my end as of yet