About Awardco

The only employee recognition and engagement platform that integrates with Amazon to provide rewarding, simple, flexible recognition.

Learn more about Awardco

Pros:

Easy to spend and use the money I earn-I like that I can use my money on Amazon or get a gift card.

Cons:

I can't honestly say I disliked anything about the process or the experience of using Awardco.

Awardco ratings

9.3/10

Awardco has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 1,805 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Awardco before?

Filter reviews (1,805)

Richard C.
Richard C.
Senior Business Analyst in U.S.
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awardco provides incentives that my employees love

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall it's been very positive. I've worked places with no awards program, and at places with similar programs, but nothing as smooth and nice as Awardco.

Pros:

I love that it's simple and easy to use, but most of all I love that it gives my employees a way to recognize others, and be recognized for great work. And the incentives are actually valuable to them. My employees love receiving points and being able to exchange them for products and gift cards that they want. Our previous awards provider offered a similar incentive program, but the only catch was that it was a bunch of stuff that no one really wanted, and the rewards portal was clunky and difficult to use. This is much easier and way better.

Cons:

The things I don't like are set by my organization, not by Awardco. For example, we don't have enough points to spread out to everyone, or recognize everyone that deserves recognition. And we have policies that you can't recognize anyone in management, which is too bad. But from a system perspective, there really isn't anything that is undesirable. The other thing I don't like is that it can breed a back-scratching environment, where friends and co-workers award each other points just to get points. It's not born out of excellence in the workplace.

Samantha D.
People Experience Leader in U.S.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Fantastic Solution for Forward-Thinking Companies

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I am extremely happy with Awardco and think it's one of the best things we've implemented that directly ties to our culture. It is, without a doubt, a HUGE SUCCESS!

Pros:

As our workforce becomes more remote, recognition that knows no time, geographical, or team boundaries is important to us. One of our core tenants is to lift others up around us. Awardco helps us do that in a seamless, incredibly efficient and effective way!

Cons:

I wish we could manage our user database directly in the system without the upload needed with the metadata. It would allow us more immediate additions (for companies like us where HCM integration is not possible at this time). I would also love to have a customer user group so we can share best practices and see how others use Awardco. That type of collaboration would be incredible. Today we can only rely on our account manager - which is a limited source of ideas. Talking to our peer group and how they each implemented it within their environments and use the tool to engage would be more valuable.

Garry Y.
NA in U.S.

Bad Services

1 2 months ago New

Comments: Bad experience, I redeem apple gift card successfully online. However they simply cancel them afterward because they made a technology mistake on the price when I am shopping. Now, I end up with no gift card that I redeemed as responsible for their mistake. not recommend for anyone.

Pros:

none

Cons:

bad services

Kelsey D.
Senior HR Generalist in U.S.
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees

Detailed customization with an excellent support team!

5 3 months ago

Comments: So far, the greatest issue that we've solved with Awardco is the timeliness of recognition. We can go in and recognize one another in real time. This has also opened up some transparency on what different teams are doing.

Pros:

What we like most about Awardco, is how easy it is to use. Even if people are not skilled with technology or are not familiar with social media, it's really quick and simple to guide them on how to recognize.

Cons:

I wish there was an app, many users have expressed a wish for that.

Alternatives Considered: Bonusly

Reasons for Switching to Awardco: I really enjoyed my experience with Awardco. Everyone I spoke with was incredibly helpful and patient throughout the entire process. I liked the level of customization that the program allowed, as well as the level of service during set up, implementation, and post implementation. Every single Awardco employee that I have interacted with has been truly delightful. It has been the best experience.

Cathy L.
Chief People Officer in U.S.

Great Product!

5 last month New

Comments: We have strong participation and usage with Awardco.

Pros:

This is an easy product to facilitate employee recognition. We have been very pleased with the evolution of the platform! The integration team was stellar and we had a very smooth start-up & continued customer service representation.

Cons:

The feature to improve is the ability to "buy up" if you have something in the catalogue that you want to purchase.

Adam S.
Adam S.
Employment Specialist in U.S.
Banking, 201-500 Employees

Happy new Awardco customer

5 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

We loved that users can self-select rewards from Amazon, as well as other rewards catalogs, including our own company-branded swag store. So many options to fit different purposes and programs. Automating recognition for birthdays and service anniversaries is also really nice.

Cons:

We did have some challenges with the new vendor they had just recently partnered with for making our branded merchandise, but all parties were very responsive to our concerns and I am personally confident that this offering will only improve with time.

Alternatives Considered: Tango Card and Guusto

Reasons for Switching to Awardco: Ability to use Amazon for rewards.

Luke N.
Luke N.
Appraisal Reviewer in U.S.
Banking, 201-500 Employees

Great product!

5 last month New

Pros:

The easy uses for eCards, ordering off Amazon, and so many other options!

Cons:

That you cannot quickly search through the Gift Card selections.

HR L&D Specialist in U.S.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees

Awardco is the best!

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Great experiece so far. The implementation process was so hands on that it made it a breeze to bring on.

Pros:

I like how customizable the platform is and how easy it is to navigate.

Cons:

I would like to add more emojis and themed backgrounds.

· fred K.
· fred K.
Lead Business Intelligence Developer in U.S.
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Good recognition tool. Think about how social recognition will work.

5 last month New

Comments: Great for recognizing those who are making impacts with changes . It's easy to recognize peers. Super easy to redeem points.

Pros:

Easy to recognize others. Easy to redeem points, with lots of choices. Rewards survive employment, which makes them more meaningful.

Cons:

Wondering how social recognition could be integrated with Teams or Yammer or team portals so that there's good visibility among those I work with. I saw a good Power BI report that our internal Awardo team published, so there is an option to surface that report at the team level. It looks like there are options to integrate into Teams and other tools, so take advantage of that to get the social value.

Angel A.
Angel A.
Field Technician D in U.S.
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Love Free Stuff!

5 last month New

Comments: Awesome!

Pros:

Ease of use, so many choices and quality of products.

Cons:

Too many choices.😆No wish list. Can’t buy points.

Amberlee T.
Senior Communication Specialist in U.S.

Stop Looking...This is Where You Want To Be

5 5 months ago

Comments: Awardco has figured out the maximum benefit with minimum effort. We are able to recognize our employees quickly and effortlessly, and we love it!

Pros:

The Award options are unlimited and it's the only system that partners with Amazon. Hundreds of other options for our employees to choose from. Everyone...and I mean everyone who have used our system, love it much better than our previous 'catalog' options for anniversaries. And used as an employee recognition platform, Awardco goes above and beyond! Awardco is easy to use for both the end user and administrators. The staff at Awardco are so helpful and open to feedback and suggestions on how to make the system even better.

Cons:

What's great about Awardco is that they listen to their clients. I've seen where improvements can be made and not only to they meet with me to understand the ask and issue, they have actively put new features in and improvements. They are always working to make the system better. There are always new things I want or think the system should have/do, but I know they are working on my suggestions or rolling out even better improvements I didn't even think of.

Alternatives Considered: Kudos, Bonusly, Engage2Excel and Terryberry Wellness

Reasons for Choosing Awardco: We wanted a fresher and better option that fit our budget and requirements.

Switched From: Engage2Excel

Reasons for Switching to Awardco: Because Awardco had all the features we wanted, the look, the features, ease of use, and the price was right.

Jenna S.
Customer Success Manager in U.S.
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

Awardco is like a bright shiny star of positivity and joy.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Awardco has helped to foster an atmosphere where I am actively watching for the good work that others are doing so that I can recognize my colleagues on the Awardco platform. This helps me have habits centered around gratitude and appreciation of others at the forefront of every interaction. I've always tried to express gratitude, but I certainly didn't express it as often when someone helped with a project. A quick verbal thank you would have previously been the extent of the expression of gratitude. With Awardco, I know that I have 5 points every month to highlight others, and if I don't use them they are wasted opportunities. So I'm conciously looking for those opportunitites to express gratitude in a bigger way - a written thank you via Awardco. And I've found that it's very easy to find way more than 5 opportunities each month, and I often do still write a note on Awardco, even if I'm out of points. That note is so quick to write, and it means a little more than the verbal gratitude. It certainly means more to me when I get one from someone else. Thank you Awardco for fostering positivity and a strong sense of team at my workplace!

Pros:

Awardco gives me the ability to recognize my colleagues when I see someone doing something awesome or working hard on a project. At my company, we each have 5 Awardco points that we can give out every month. It's such a great way to strengthen teams and inter-departmental relationships. I'm always on the lookout for reasons to give Awardco points to my colleagues, and this has really helped me appreciate the great work that so many around me are doing. I also LOVE getting Awardco points when others recognize me - seeing the notification email always immediately makes my heart race with joy! And then reading something nice from a colleague makes the whole day brighter. I love that we have the ability to shine positivity on each other and celebrate each other's accomplishments. And I love to occasionally read what my colleagues are getting Awardco points for, as it's exciting to hear what everyone is working on.

Cons:

I'm not sure that there is really anything that I don't like about Awardco. I've associated it with joy!

Julie H.
Information Management in U.S.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Very High Quality Company Engagement and Reward System

5 3 years ago

Comments: I enjoy the engagement and understand how critical this is to employee and business culture and retention. I have always enjoyed shopping and spending my points when I earn them an always receive wonderful items with very fast delivery.

Pros:

Ease of use, Email Notification in Addition to Shared Posted Verbiage, Tie-In Ability to earn Points to Spend at Amazon, Ease of Ability to Add Comments and Emojis to other Shout Outs.

Cons:

I cannot find lists of fellow co-workers Anniversaries and Birthdays for those who have opted in to share this info. I was able to use this feature on 2 prior platforms similar to this. Also the Emojis added do not give any details about who gave them. I do not know if this is on purpose but if the idea is to be similar to a "Like" function, those indicate who gave them.

Mikaela G.
HR Manager in U.S.
Machinery, 51-200 Employees

Great addition to the company!

4 4 months ago

Comments: Overall we really like Awardco and it has been a good addition to the business! It's nice to have a way to encourage and reward our employees. I also like that people can give recognition even without points/money attached. That is a great option for employees that don't have their own budget to recognize others. We also use it to give service awards, Christmas gifts, etc. which is very convenient! Lastly, our customer service with Awardco is always great. We have account reps we speak with regularly and are always available to help with whatever we need.

Pros:

I love the ease of using the platform! It's very user friendly both as a user and an admin. This is key since employees won't use it if it's too complicated or hard to figure out. I also love the product offerings! Since it's linked to Amazon employees can get just about anything. We also recently added the Swag store and have been loving that too! It's really nice to be able to use Awardco for that and not a third party apparel company.

Cons:

Our reoccurring complaint is we wish there was a way for employees to use a credit card to pay the difference on items they want, instead of having to wait for more points to be awarded. Often our employees hoard points because they are saving for something specific and might only be a few points away. We know enabling gift cards could be a work around, but that comes with tax implications we don't want to deal with. I do also wish the reporting on the admin side was a little more robust - it works for us because we have a smaller organization so it's easy for me to still look at a list of all employee data if I'm looking for information not provided in a report, but that would be more challenging with a bigger company.

Steve F.
Director of Business Operations in U.S.
Furniture, 51-200 Employees

Excellent Employer Recognition System!!!

5 2 years ago

Comments: We formerly had an in-house built recognition system. It worked fairly well, but the interface was not great and the data collection was cumbersome. Switching to Awardco immediately resolved all those issues. It's easy for our employees to use, easy to manage on the admin side and easy to collect and report recognition data to the management team and employees.

Pros:

We've been using Awardco for just over a year now and it is an amazing service! It has an intuitive interface, is simple for our employees to use and we love the data collection and reporting capabilities.

Cons:

Nothing! Having used Awardco for a year now, we have yet to find anything we dislike about it. We are a medium sized company and Awardco meets and exceeds every expectation.

Tina A.
HR Operations & Systems Manager in U.S.
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Must have for engagement!

5 3 months ago

Comments: With employees spread further apart than ever due to remote work, Awardco has helped bridge some of the issues that occurred by a providing them a platform to engage and recognize each other.

Pros:

Integration was an easy process. The ability to have multiple programs is great so that you can offer a variety of ways for employees to interact. The product is easy to use from an admin’s perspective as well as an end user. The options for awards is ever growing and there is literally something for everyone. The ability to offer charities is a huge plus since it allows employees to feel like they are making a difference. Another option that is great is the ability to have local businesses offered as rewards. A lot of employees like to help build their communities and this is a great way.

Cons:

Being able to see approvals and denials as the leader would be nice. The ability to look back and review is always helpful. The reporting functionality had gotten more robust but there are still a few abilities that would be nice.

Amanda N.
Benefits Admin in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy and Tangible Recognition

5 3 years ago

Comments: Let's be real - leaders are busy and don't have time to jump through a lot of hoops to implement recognition programs. We had been talking about setting up a little 'company store' with some random gift items that the HR person was going to have to go out and purchase - then administer some sort of in-house "Bonus Bucks" or some such thing. But we were dreading the time and effort it was going to cost the HR person or Office Manager that this would fall to. When we found Awardo, we ditched all plans of DIY-ing a program! Awardco makes it so easy to recognize someone in an immediate and tangible way. Now we don't save recognition for the annual review alone. It's easy to praise someone for something they just did for a client or co-worker. Another great side benefits it seeing my co-workers almost giddy when their chosen item arrives from Amazon - they proudly display the item and declare they got it with their 'points'. It's a great system.

Pros:

I really like that this software makes it really easy to recognize someone in a tangible way. Plus the fact that they can spend their 'points' on whatever they would like on Amazon is a huge win. Who really needs another company coffee mug or pen or whatever? I would much rather they be able to choose something they really like or need, maybe something they wouldn't ordinarily purchase for themselves. This makes it much more fun for the employee!

Cons:

I wish it was easier to find what you want on the Awarco/Amazon search. Sometimes I would find the item I wanted but not all the colors were available. (for example, I found the specific water bottle/flask I had been wanting to get, but it was only available to me in navy - when there were maybe a dozen color options available on the Amazon website)

Adam F.
Chief Information Officer in U.S.
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees

Reward system that motivates

5 2 years ago

Comments: There are different types of reward motivation: eg, carrot and stick reward - if you do this you will get a reward vs random unanticipated rewards after the fact. Awardco is the latter, which is more healthy and doesn't have the side effects the carrot and stick method has. So our Awardco experience has been very helpful in creating a healthy motivational environment.

Pros:

Awardco Recognitions is a very easy and impactful way to reward people in our organization for doing a great job or going above and beyond. People feel appreciated and are more likely to work harder/smarter or tackle a difficult challenge knowing they may get awarded awardco points, which can be renewed for gift cards or a myriad of items.

Cons:

The budgets for awards are setup in silos. So each manager has a budget of awards for her/his team. However, if a manager wants to give a recognition to someone outside their department, the award still comes out of their budget and reduces the amount for their own team. It would be nice if there were a budget for cross-team awards or even manager-to-manager awards. The other thing is managers give awards to their subordinates but the only person that can give to the leadership team is the CEO, who is too busy to do it. So a structure that supports leaders giving recognition to other leaders would be helpful.

Jaime W.
Manager, Corporate Procurement in U.S.
Financial Services Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awardco - you are my sunshine

4 8 months ago

Comments: ease of implementation - once the right key internal decision makers are identified and were a part of the project team to make those look and feel decisions, the kick-off to sandbox, to testing, to Prod/Live was seamless

Pros:

Amazon shopping interface with the redemption of points, makes for a very rich and trendy service award UX

Cons:

The reporting capability from the seat of the admin could be more robust

Erin V.
Supervisor in U.S.
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees

Great Employee Apprciation Tool

5 2 years ago

Pros:

I work from home in a call center and all of my employees are at home, too. We hire across the United States, so I may never get to meet my people in person. Awardco helps bridge that gap. It's a great tool to send daily/weekly/monthly recognition to show your people from afar that you care. Also, my boss has the ability to do that same for me in my role. It's easy to use and I love that it's connected to Amazon as there is a fulfillment center right down the street from me. Shipping is quick and if there is an issue, the customer service team is on top of it.

Cons:

The reporting is good, but could be more efficient. I wish that there were options to set notifications when someone hasn't been recognized in a while. You could set your own threshold like 1 week or 1 month so that you can easily log in and acknowledge the employee.

Jaime P.
HR Supervisor in France
Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 Employees

Easy implementation, easy to use, makes everyone happy!

5 4 months ago

Comments: Awardco enabled us to combine birthday, anniversary, non-monetary, and monetary recognition in one package - with reports available and excellent rewards options for employees! The implementation of Awardco was the easiest our HR team has ever experienced. It's a product that makes management, administrators, and employees happy! That's rare!!

Pros:

Extremely easy to use, integration with Outlook for notifications, easy to customize and always modern customization options, responsive support, similar in many ways to social media platforms with which employees are already familiar, excellent points redemption options (Amazon integration)

Cons:

Funding budgets is not as straightforward as the rest of the platform

Susan H.
Talent Engagement & Retention Manager in U.S.
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees

Awardco is easy to use

5 2 years ago

Comments: Everyone I have dealt with has been personable. I receive good support when needed and quick resolutions to any issues that arise.

Pros:

Easy to navigate and work with. Very user friendly.

Cons:

I could use some additional reporting functionalities and the ability to drill down a little more into each user easier.

Brittany U.
Reservation representative in U.S.
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

I love AWARDCO!

5 3 years ago

Comments: I love being able to earn points on this platform. It really makes me feel appreciated and acknowledged. This is an awesome platform for any employer to have.

Pros:

I love that the company I work for decided to implement this program for its employees. I Love having the ability to recognize and shout out my coworkers and manager. I also love the recognition that I get for the hard work that I do

Cons:

The only thing that I feel takes a little bit a time getting used to is how to search for items when it comes to redeeming your points. I have definitely been able to redeem my points on some great things which are usually gifts for my family. I just wish that everything that was on Amazon was also on award coat but I understand completely. The only thing that I feel takes a little bit of time getting used to is how to search for items when it comes to redeeming your points. I have definitely been able to redeem my points on some great things which are usually gifts for my family. I just wish that everything that was on Amazon was also an awardco but I understand completely

Katherine W.
insurance advocate in U.S.
Insurance Software, 201-500 Employees

Awardco Review

5 6 months ago

Comments: I truly enjoyed the awardco points

Pros:

Having the ability to click on the website from the work website and make a quick purchase

Cons:

did not offer everything/for example I could not find some items when I scroll thru Amazon and also there was hardly any price differences

Alternatives Considered: Hotel Effectiveness

Reasons for Switching to Awardco: It was offered through the employment

Jodi F.
Human Resource Generalist in U.S.
Building Materials, 201-500 Employees

We love Awardco!

5 9 months ago

Comments: The Awardco team has all been very helpful and quick to respond to any questions. Our employees love the fact that they can use their points to purchase gift cards and get items directly from Amazon. Our supervisors/managers like being able to publicly recognize their employees any time they want, even if its without awarding points.

Pros:

We love the redemption options. There are so many more options than the last program we offered.

Cons:

There aren't a lot of options in the company store (that you don't have to pay to have), and the options they do have are a bit on the spendy side for our employees.