15 years helping Canadian businesses

Canada Local product

Kudos Reviews

4.8 (1,086) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About Kudos

Kudos® partners with mid-sized and enterprise clients worldwide across all industries.

Learn more about Kudos

Pros:

Kudos made it easy to recognize great employee performance.

Cons:

May be just a couple of buttons for just the user rather than navigating on drop downs etc.

Kudos ratings

4.8
4.7
4.7
4.6

9.4/10

Kudos has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 1,086 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Kudos before?

Filter reviews (1,086)

Arthur
Arthur
Financial administration in US
Semiconductors, 10,000+ Employees

allows for better job recognition

5.0 last month New

Comments: Incentives improve the quality of work and encourage one to work better knowing that my effort and good work is being recognized.

Pros:

I like it because it encourages recognition for work well done during work and to the people who truly deserve it. The monitoring of each of the employees allows us to value their efforts and their true work, the recognition for Rewards give us satisfaction and personally encourage me to have a more efficient job.

Cons:

There are no disappointments, the platform is very good and helps to recognize real workers deserving of incentives very well.

Marilyn
Marilyn
Business Woman in Philippines
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Recognition is important for everyones achievement!

4.0 last month New

Comments: best tool for company or businesses to give recognition to their employees achievements.

Pros:

It is important for everyone to be recognize and its one of individuals stepping stone. Kudos is very helpful to be part of delivering recognition to employees. It is a very good application to redeem rewards.

Cons:

you need to have stable internet connection to use and sometimes the application run slow.

Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Recognition made easy

Comments: I love it, I use it everyday and recommend its use to everyone irrespective of your job level.

Pros:

The structure and ease of use has allowed me to very easily recognize my peers , leaders and staff. The integrated dashboards also creates competitiveness which makes it even more fun.

Cons:

The software needs to have some build in moderation to identify "fake" recognition's. An exceptional category gets selected with the contents saying thank you.

grace
patient service representative in US

kudos review

Pros:

that it encourages employees and makes us feel recognized

Cons:

that i cant put in a certain amount when redeeming gift cards

Adan
IT Project Manager in US
Financial Services Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Good tool for engagement

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I really like to use Kudos to engage with workmates.

Pros:

It's really easy to recognize the effort and support from other workmates.

Cons:

I think it could have additional functionalities to map the network and top winners.

Anthony
Talent Acquisition Recruiter in US

Kudos Review

Pros:

Easy to use and makes employees want to recognize each other.

Cons:

There is nothing I would say negative about Kudos. The product is in the name to give people their shoutouts!!

Marketing & Advertising, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A great employee recognition tool, one must try

5.0 last month New

Pros:

1. It has a huge list on vendors available 2. Very quick and reliable 3. E-cards are great

Cons:

1. Integrations is a big issue 2. Only based on web

Tann
RN in US

Kudos survey

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Sharing my appreciations with my team members.

Cons:

Not enough word choices from which to select.

Desiree
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE in US
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

GREAT EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION APPLICATION

5.0 last month New

Pros:

After I started using this application for my employees I definitely saw an increase in productivity

Cons:

Nothing, I like everything about this application

Brandon
VP Operations in US
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Kudos has helped us all remember (and reward) our important employee contributions.

Comments: More employee engagement, visibility into employee traits, and more workplace fun.

Pros:

Kudos' web-based application makes it easy and fun for employees to thank each other, and we've had great success integrating it into our existing Employee Rewards program. We reviewed five similar employee incentive websites, and Kudos definitely had the best interface, reward options, and price. With Kudos, employees are allotted a predetermined amount points every first of the month. You give these points -- tied with a number of present qualities -- to teammates in a public or private post. That feature (along with the reporting) gives us valuable insight into what kinds of things people are getting recognized for over time. But the most important points-related aspect is that you can't spend points unless you receive them from others giving you thanks/kudos. So, everyone has separate giving and spending balances in this system. Spendable points quickly accrue towards a number of digital gift cards for venues like Amazon.com, but we've also created custom, company-specific rewards like time off or vending machine coins for free food and drinks. Kudus even automatically gives points for employee birthdays and work anniversaries. I also like that Kudos is being updated with new features and fixes every month or two, including things I thought about or suggested. There are many more features and benefits to mention here; you'll just have to take a demo to see it in action.

Cons:

There isn't much that I don't like about Kudos. Some of the backend features are put in places you wouldn't expect, so the website could be more intuitive. Also, there really isn't a good way to correct points given in error, whether the points were given to an unintended person or the points were the wrong amount.

Amos
Customer Service Adviser in Uganda
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

KUDOS FOR KUDOS

Comments: Being a user of Kudos, the experience has generally been positive and exciting, kudos has totally changed the way people in my organization say thank you, appreciating you using kudos feels more different and feels more rewarding than when somebody just tells you thank you verbally, i feel like every month comes with a gift in form of kudos points.
One negative thing i would love to note is that kudos is loosing meaning because now for someone to send you kudos, you must equally be willing to send the same amount of kudos points to the back to the person who sent you their Kudos points, that makes it feel like its a batter trade not an appreciation. for example, one comes to you and tells you i have 50 Kudos points, if you also have 50 kudos points, lets exchange, To me that ceases to be an on spot appreciation or a way of saying thank you but it becomes a batter trade where you exchange something for something.

Pros:

The software helps you recognize and appreciate a colleges good work on spot in a more rewarding way. The Software equally acts as a chatting platform i.e after sending a college Kudos, someone has a provision of where to leave a comment thus creating a chatting platform where two or more people can leave or exchange congratulatory messages. The software also has privacy features that is to say one can choose to send kudos but make the message private. you could be sending kudos to your girlfriend with the same company so the privacy feature helps make your conversation private. The notification messages like the birthday notifications, how long you have been working in the company etc are also one feature i love.

Cons:

1) Few rewards to redeem, sometimes you have the points but no rewards to redeem that is to say there are limited options of rewards to redeem 2)Some rewards don't make you feel the value of your hardly earned kudos points. 3)The colours on the site are a little too bright to a naked eye.

Heather
HR/Administrative Coordinator in US
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Excellent. From the demo through the implementation and beyond the customer service has been awesome

Pros:

This has been a huge improvement over our last employee recognition program. It was nearly barbaric in comparison. Imagine having to physically write a thank you on a card! In actuality, we made the decision to move because we have five locations and the physical cards took so long to get to staff between branches. I think we lost a lot of meaning in the recognition. Now as soon as the good stuff happens staff can thank their co-worker and everyone can see it immediately. KUDOS has been an easy transition for staff. Because the majority are familiar with social media the idea of the "wall" and "postings" is simple to relate to. I appreciate the ability to customize how many points each person can give. For instance, I have one manager with 1 employee and another with 20. Or if we put out a cross-marketing incentive I can increase the management KUDOS allotment to allow for extra points. Staff have been redeeming for gift cards, but they have also enjoyed the custom rewards. We added in things such as logo wear, PTO days and sweet treats. Who wouldn't love to come in to a little dessert once in awhile! I love the full scope of reporting that KUDOS offers. This has been instrumental in showing Senior Management the positive engagement that we are seeing. I hope to implement individual KQ's into our performance management process soon. I haven't taken advantage of the survey options yet, but that is next in exploring all the things that KUDOS offers.

Cons:

Nothing that I can think of. I would love if they would look at implementing a performance management feature in the future.

Jeannette
Administrative Assistant in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Kudos, a fun way to interact with your coworkers!

Comments: La Petite Baleen has 4 different swim schools in the Bay Area. We have so much going on in our company. In previous years we have sent emails to spread LPB news to over 300 staff. This became quite annoying when you get a thread of 50+ email replies. Kudos allows everyone in our LPB family to stay in the know of what is new. We use this software to display staff promotions, birthdays, anniversaries, new hires, etc. It's also a way to acknowledge our staff for all they do. Showing our gratitude by posting a thank you note or giving them Kudos. Overall, I think of Kudos as a private Facebook that is used within our company. We use it on a daily and it has been a success!

Pros:

This software has so many great factors in it. However, what I enjoy the most is redeeming my Kudos. Not only are we thanked for the extra help we provide our company. We are also given Kudos credit, which can be used at a wide selection of stores. You can spoil yourself by purchasing just about anything you want.

Cons:

There are a few small features that can be improved. Being able to customize our personal profile page by adding wallpaper or background color. Adding more options to posts and comments. Such as font styles, font sizes, and a bigger variety of sticker options.

Lamya
Pharmacy Technician in US
Pharmaceuticals, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Must Have!

Comments: Using Kudos have honestly improved work relationships. Supervisors and managers being able to reward their employees not only improves confidence but it improves the company's overall customer relationship. It all starts with it's employees and as long as your employees are feeling appreciated and that their hard work isn't going unnoticed , there is nothing that can get in the way of making sure your customers are being taken care of and happy.

Pros:

I love that it's so easy to use. Being able to compliment or make someone feel special at the drop of the dime is so satisfying and convenient. This is a company wide used program that everyone has grown to love. We can use points to go towards different items whether it be company logo-ed clothing, house hold items, things for your pets, and even electronics like an apple watch and mac book. I believe this is something that everyone whether it be work related, school related, or even sports related should use. You'd be surprised on how much Kudos drive others to go above and beyond.

Cons:

I have no complaints. I have been using this software for 9 months now and it's always been easy.

Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Very user friendly, great customer support and fantastic program to provide for your people

Comments: The number one benefit is giving our people a great resource to encourage and build one another up!

Pros:

We use Kudos every day within our company. It is a great way to let our team members know what a great job they are doing! It is very user friendly and we have been able to integrate it with other systems. The customer support is always very friendly and super helpful. They are efficient in getting responses back!

Cons:

The reporting could be a little more streamlined.

Kudos Response

5 years ago

Hi there! Thank you for the wonderful review! It's rewarding to hear how much of an impact Kudos is making to your workplace and that you enjoy our customer support. :) We're always working to make Kudos even better, and that includes making the reports and insights section more streamlined, and providing even more robust, actionable data - so stay tuned!

Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Kudos is a great platform for acknowledging coworker/subordinate efforts!

Comments: Kudos is fantastic. Would recommend.

Pros:

Kudos gives you the ability to provide public and meaningful acknowledgement of your team member's contributions to the company. You can create memorable and meaningful tags aligned with your values and mission statement, and append these to the kudos message you put out there, and you can tag more than one person at a time with a Thank You, a Good Job, Impressive, and so on. One thing that Kudos gives you/your team the ability to do is spotlight the positive achievements and activities of those people who aren't comfortable advocating for themselves, but deserve the praise. Whether it be a cultural norm, a workplace dynamic, or a personality quirk, not everyone is comfortable tooting their own horn, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have their hard work, dedication, focus, or excellent customer-facing soft skills acknowledged. This is increasingly important in today's increasingly international, multi-ethnic, multi-voiced, and decentralized organizations. A good manager should know when to give praise, and coworkers should be able to help each other get noticed.

Cons:

Just as a good manager needs to know when someone deserves praise, a digital 'pat on the back' is great for morale but it should never be a replacement for compensation review, advancement opportunities, or open and critical discourse. Kudos won't fix a broken office culture or toxic management, so before you roll this out make sure you walk the talk as a leadership team. Our company does, and I'm incredibly grateful to work here, but I could see a bad implementation of Kudos coming down as heavy-handed or oppressive in less dynamic or communal workplaces.

Shannon
Patient Account Representative in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Helps employees of orgs feel appreciated

Pros:

It's easy to use and a great way for employees to feel appreciated and recognized in their organization with both tangible rewards and incentives and with messages of appreciation and recognition - both feel good to receive.The option to select qualities to include and tracking them on your profile are a fun and interesting touch.You can a sort of "scoreboard" of the top senders and receivers of recognition in your organization, just to look at or maybe see which managers show the most gratitude if you wanted to know for whatever reason :)There's a huge variety of gift cards and donations to choose from, AND the option to redeem for a prepaid visa card if you can't find a certain store or gift card offered

Cons:

In your rewards history, there doesn't seem to be any information about how many Kudos points you received and from who. Just the history of the rewards you redeemed for Kudos points in the past. I think including this feature would be a great help for employees to make sure they have received rewards they are expecting to receive.Having the option to post a general message instead of a recognition one feels a bit redundant.Who the message is from is on the bottom when you see the posts and so it looks a bit confusing at first.There seems to be no explanation of what different levels of recognition (Thank you, Good job, Impressive, Exceptional) mean exactly (or if there is, it's not in an easy to find place in my opinion)

Nathan
Production Operator in UK
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Just an employee

Comments: Kudos is great.It allows work colleagues to reward each other with small sums that can add up and foster a work environment where people actively express gratitude to colleagues openly.It also allows manager to gift and recognise individuals or teams going the extra mile for the company.

Pros:

In my company, kudos is used as a small bonus and recognition scheme.Employees give points and receive points that can be spent on various options.Managers can reward teams, and make this public or private.And at the end of a long months, a few £’s on a Tesco voucher can be a life saver.

Cons:

Loving in via mobile app can be slow or just not work until you are in a stable WiFi spot.Viewing your wall has a habit of not scrolling down, but just resting to the top.

Jordan
Supervisor in US
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Kudos for Kudos

Comments: Kudos is an amazing tool that helps with morale and growth at a subconscious level. It's truly an amazing program that allows so much interaction which otherwise may not ever happen.

Pros:

This software encourages employee engagement to the next level and does so in the most positive manner. Recognizing peers for accomplishments as well as thanking them for assistance is really neat!

Cons:

I feel like that Kudos could improve with some of the UI. It can be difficult to search for specific people sometimes when giving Kudos. Another thing is when attaching a photo to an award and then changing the amount removes the photograph. Very minor inconvenience -

Isaiah
IT Support in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

A Fulfilling Way to Show Your Appreciation

Comments: Overall, my experience with Kudos is extremely positive! I feel good when I receive Kudos from a colleague, and even better when I can give them out. I highly recommend employing Kudos in your business!

Pros:

Kudos provides a fantastic platform to show your appreciation for your colleagues. Doing my day to day work has become a much more gratifying experience. I feel like my work has a much bigger impact when I receive Kudos.

Cons:

Kudos, in general, is a very easy to use platform, but I would like to see its user interface become a tad more modern. The current interface looks a little dated when comparing to other modern sites.

Caitlin
Receptionist in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Kudos to Kudos!

Comments: It has been an extremely positive experience. It is easy to use and points do add up quickly if you are doing a good job!

Pros:

Kudos is an amazing system that helps you show your appreciation and respect and thanks to employees within a company. I love that I am able to send and receive points to fellow employees when I think they deserve something to say “thank you for everything you do”. This platform isn’t just for higher ups in a company it is for all employees. This way even if a boss wasn’t aware of what a great job a fellow employee is doing or how they have been helping others, I can take notice and send a special note with points so they know they are valued.

Cons:

I just wish that I could pick the word that goes with the kudos ie: thank you is 5 points while exceptional is 50 points. There have been times I wish I could choose the word to send along with my note & points

Janell
First Impression Specialist in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Keeps Our Company Connected

Comments: We have a mostly remote team that loves to give Kudos to each other! This is a software that I believe firmly ties in to our culture and helps strengthen our core values! We give so much Kudos, it's crazy! I love the team, the customer service and the fact that everyone can spend their kudos on what they love.

Pros:

It allows our people to stay connected and recognize each other real time while giving them the ability to cash in their points at stores that they love!

Cons:

I wish the stickers would get updated more frequently, as none have changed or been added for at least 2 years.

Angela
PAW in US
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great incentive

Comments: It's been fun- you get shout outs and you get the chance to connect with other people in the company you normally wouldn't get the opportunity to. I also love whenever there is a contest for prizes on Kudos or just Kudos themselves- it always makes my team and the whole company want to be the best they can be.

Pros:

Its a great incentive program for employees to just do their daily tasks- with Kudos a lot of people go above and beyond for the chance at redeeming new items and receiving new awards.

Cons:

No complaints! Kudos is a great program

Greg
Lean Transformation Leader in US
Legal Services, 201–500 Employees

Kudos helps to enhance employee engagement

Pros:

The Kudos platform has been a big success at our company. It provides an easy method of thanking our co-workers for assistance to recognizing them for a major accomplishment on a project. I enjoy reading the news feed of Kudos recognition throughout our organization. It helps me learn about many of the great things taking place throughout our company.

Cons:

I've been using the Kudos platform for over 2 years and have not experienced any issues or concerns.

Brian
Corporate Trainer in US
Insurance Software, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use with tons of support if you need it

Comments: Kudos has been exceptional in bringing a higher level of employee recognition to our organization. It is already used much more often than previous recognition platforms we've attempted. People have been having fun with Kudos and it has been very warmly welcomed. Any of the problems we've had with Kudos has been easily rectified. I would definitely recommend Kudos to anybody looking for a recognition platform for their organization.

Pros:

Kudos is a great platform for recognizing associates. It is extremely intuitive and easy to use, I was able to learn the platform quickly and easily with a minimal amount of support from Kudos. Anything that was difficult to learn was easily researched on Kudos' help pages. Even though I was able to learn the platform with a minimal amount of support, Kudos was there every step of the way with any help that I may need. The support was very responsive and if there was anything they needed to research and get back to me, I would have answers generally within 24-48 hours. The rep has been amazing in making sure I feel like I always have a connection to Kudos to quickly take care of any issues. The software is very easy to learn for our associates, it is set up similarly to other social media sites which help ease users into it. The rewards are also extremely easy to use with a very fast response, our associates love being able to cash in for a reward and get it nearly instantly.

Cons:

The only problem we've had is likely just related to how our organization is set up. We would love a way to set a flag on certain individuals so that they can not receive points (such as setting our upper management to be unable to receive points, we want to save our point funds for the associates), but at the same time we want upper management to still receive Kudos. There are work-arounds for this, but it would be nice to have a simple flag you can set on certain users. I would also enjoy the ability to be able to customize the point values on the Thank you, Good Job, Impressive, and Exceptional Kudos; but again, this was very easy to work around.