15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Parking Boss

Take control & create revenue with smart parking for apartments, condos, HOAs, & student housing with Parking Boss by Community Boss.

Learn more about Parking Boss

Pros:

It is very simple and easy to use for our staff and residents, but is also easy to share with guests at our church.

Cons:

It too me to some time to understand how to navigate the violation aspect. Like actually imposing the violation.

Parking Boss ratings

4.7
4.8
4.6
4.7

9.4/10

Parking Boss has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 108 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Parking Boss before?

Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Real Parking Management

Comments: Parking Boss has improved the productivity of our personnel who work nights and are tasked with enforcing parking regulations. We are saving 2-4 hours per shift, depending on the property.
The program has proven to be very affective at improving our parking situation at every property. Residents have been very pleased as more parking is available. Our customer service has improved too! Guest parking is regulated and passes are easily available.
Parking Boss readily listens to suggestions and makes changes as needed to improve the product.

Pros:

The system is very easy to use. Even those with limited computer experience pick it up quickly. I have to mention the affordability as well.

Cons:

I have nothing negative to mention. I am very impressed with the ease of use. Parking Boss went beyond my expectations in improving parking.

William
Assist Director of Campus Safety in US
Higher Education Software, 51–200 Employees

Nice Product and Nice People

Comments: Nice product and nice people.

Pros:

Web based, easy to use. Type, print and go. No extra equipment really needed beyond printers.

Cons:

The search feature needs work. It used to pull up everything, after an update we can't find anything. I use a spreadsheet to track parkers so it's no a show stopper but it definitely needs to be fixe.d

james
director in US

tactical security

Comments: I think the program is good but it doesn't allow you to be more detailed on how cars are safelisted. There is no customization available. site needs to be able to hold more information so the company user can determine especially when towing

Pros:

easy to log on for customers

Cons:

not able to put the necessary info in for detailed processing

7 years ago

Hi James, We appreciate your feedback. We don't currently do tow tracking but this is something that is in our plans. If there's anything else you'd like to discuss that will make our product better and your job easier, please give us a call at 866-387-7275 Thanks!

Rachel
Senior Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

I Wish I Would Have Thought of This Myself!!!

Comments: After months of resident complaints regarding our community's lack of parking, our Regional Manager stumbled across Parking Boss and recommended that I reach out for more information. I was willing to try anything to help solve our parking problem, but after my first phone call I was sold! I couldn't wait to begin using the Parking Boss system! Parking Boss accomplishes several things 1) It helps to enforce the lease agreement; which for us means only allowing 1 vehicle per licensed resident. The Parking Boss system easily allows us to track vehicles and ensures that only 1 sticker is issued per licensed resident. 2) It basically eliminates all unauthorized/illegal occupants living within your community because those individuals are not able to obtain a QR sticker for their vehicle, essentially making it impossible for them to park on your lot. This system forces these individuals to fill out a Rental Application in order to get added onto the lease agreement. Only when they are approved and have signed the lease agreement can they get a QR sticker for their vehicle. (Needless to say we had 20+ roommate additions within the first month!) The Parking Boss system bleeds into some of our other systems as well. For our community it is important to know the total number of occupants living in a home because part of the monthly water, sewer & trash charges are based on the per unit occupant count. By having record of all residents living in the home, we can charge a more accurate & fair rate to all of our residents. We are a 504 unit apartment community so tracking vehicles without some sort of system in place is almost impossible. With Parking Boss, we know exactly what vehicles are parked on our lot at all times. We can even track guest vehicles! We were able to verify proper licensing & registration when issuing the QR stickers which helped to facilitate the removal of several vehicles from the property. In the past 12 days that our Parking Boss system has been active, we have already received 2 positive reviews specifically mentioning the improvement in our parking situation. In addition, we have noticed that our parking lot has more open spaces than ever before, even during peak hours (typically after 10pm). I would highly recommend Parking Boss to anyone looking to solve a parking problem!

Pros:

It helps to eliminate unauthorized/illegal occupants living at your community. It easily tracks all vehicles parked on your lot, including guest vehicles. Our community only allows 1 vehicle per licensed resident and this software makes it easy to enforce!

Troy
Area Account & Finance manager in US
Real Estate, 10,000+ Employees

Enhance you parking and improve your resident satisfaction

Comments: We have had so many wins with The entire Boss platform. We rolled out Parking Boss first, and this has increased our resident satisfaction. By having a way to scan a license plate to see if the vehicle is authorized to park, we no longer tow vehicles that are missing a parking permit. Residents may not tell you they made a change. We have also switched to using Parking Boss to manage visitor parking. This has opened up spaces that residents were previously parking in and not paying for. We have reports that give us real data we never had available to us. This allows us to make better decisions on where to monitor for violations and so much more. We loved Parking Boss so much that when we found out about Welcome Boss, it seemed like the next step in modernizing our community for our residents.

Pros:

Parking Boss thought of all our concerns and rolled them up into one tidy package. Parking permits that include a QR Code and the ability to scan a license plate have been the best thing we have found.

Cons:

On their website, they took away the total space count for each type of parking. We loved having that data available for audit. It is a small thing and really does not take away from the overall experience.

Lauren
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Parking Boss = Parking Management Made Easy!

Comments: We have experienced: -Better organization in office and out in our parking lots
-Improved communication and rapport between our staff and residents
-Lots of extra time in the day due to ease of use - Parking Boss works for US!
-Excellent record keeping
-Fantastic Customer Care from the Parking Boss team
-Extra Security by knowing who is supposed to be parking on our property

Pros:

Parking Boss has saved myself and my staff hours and hours of time. We have religiously used Parking Boss to manage the parking at our apartment communities and have personally witnessed it's magic. It has helped us open up so many parking spaces and has helped us remain in control of who gets to park at our community. It's proven to not only be a major time saver, but also a bonus security measure. While advertising the program to our new residents, we are able to advertise a more secure parking lot due to our consistent use of Parking Boss. We love being able to look back and see notes we've left and photos we've taken of cars that are in violation or get towed. This allows us to physically show residents what happened and has improved communication and rapport between residents and our staff.

Cons:

We would like management to be able to edit notes or delete pictures if need be. There have been times when we've made mistakes and those can't be undone.

ashley

Easy to use

Comments: Parking boss is a great system. We use it to regulate parking in our community. It has been a big help.
Registration is easy to use, We have signs with instructions in our guest parking area.
We have 200 plus units at our complex and some include large household families with more then one vehicle parking boss allows us to keep track of each car for each household. It helps eliminate any unwanted cars or visitors. In the past we have also caught stolen vehicles on our property by using Parking Boss.
I would highly recommend Parking Boss to all apartment complexes and businesses with any kind of parking issues.

Pros:

Easy to use. It helps with unauthorized occupants, it not only tracks the vehicles parked within the community it accounts for guests and has a feature to see BANNED vehicles, vehicles that have tried to change one or two numbers in the license plate, we now have individual household pin codes for guests to register with.

Cons:

It crashes sometimes. would run better if in an app and not on the browser.

5 years ago

Thanks for the review and we're glad to hear that your parking has improved! Crash reports are very uncommon, so we'll have one of our tech team connect with you to see what's going on.

Shauna
Community Director in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Parking Boss For the Win!

Comments: Parking Boss has helped us eliminate unwanted vehicles parking on property. We often had people who didn't even live here using our parking lot as a carpool lot. Parking was always full and residents ended up parking in no-parking zones, blocking in other residents and even parking in our grass and landscape! We rolled our Parking Boss with new parking rules limiting the number of vehicles per home. It's been a game changer!

Pros:

I love that I can provide user access to my entire staff and my vendors out in the field. It's simple to use and pretty much self-explanatory. There's a report for everything, which makes it easy for us to cross check data with our data systems.

Cons:

I wish it came as an APP - it can run very slow when it's opened on a cell phone while checking license plates. I also wish it required a make/model/color descriptor when registering vehicles.

6 years ago

Hi Shauna. Thanks so much for the positive review! We really do appreciate your feedback. I just wanted you to know an Field Agent iOS/Android app is in the works and should be released before too long. Thanks again! Joel

Sarah

Great Virtual Patrol System

Comments: The customer service of the staff is stellar. They respond quickly and are accomodating and helpful and willing to attend Board meetings to review the product with the Board.

Pros:

I appreciate the virtual platform that eliminates the need for issuing &/or record keeping of physical parking placards. Everything surrounding parking is virtual and in live time, which is great. It's also convenient for the residents at the communities I manage because it gives them the ability to manage their own parking.

Cons:

Actually, no cons as of current! Great work.

Jeff
Owner in US
Security & Investigations, 11–50 Employees

Top Notch Software and Support

Comments: I have nothing but good things to say. Again, this software and support from Parking Boss has differentiated us from other security patrol companies in our area. We are to the point now where we won't take on a client that has parking issues that doesn't use Parking Boss.

Pros:

After researching parking enforcement softwares, Parking Boss seemed like a no-brainer. I am owner of a security franchise. We were previously tracking parking violations in communities using Google Sheets. It was a disaster. Parking Boss has not only allowed us to secure more properties, it cuts time off of patrols at properties that have parking issues. I am the owner of a small security franchise, and since recommending Parking Boss to other franchisees, they have adopted it as well. I will continue to do so.

Cons:

The only downfall I've seen so far is the lack of multiple thresholds for clients with multiple types of parking violations, but Parking Boss is going to be implementing this shortly.

Andrew
Dispatch in US

Simple, Robust Parking Management

Comments: I love this software. I run dispatch for a small security company and having a simple way for both myself and my officers to quickly check for registered guest passes via license plates is fantastic. I like that we can look up by plate, decal or condo number so it's not too tough to check if there are special passes registered according to any of the above. Just about my only request for improvement would be if there was a simpler way for users to register temporary license plate tags. I and my dispatchers currently need to check multiple variations of day / month / year in plate format, and again with "TEMP" in front of it to try and ascertain if someone with a temp tag actually has registered a pass with the property and it gets cumbersome. If there was some sort of strict way that the system had users register temporary plates so we don't have to constantly check multiple variations, it would be a dream come true.

Pros:

Ease of use. Easy to annotate special passes and lookup said passes.

Cons:

Just about the only con is that there's no standardized format for users to register temporary license plate tags. If the software made the resident follow certain standards when registering temp plates like forcing TEMP(month)(date)(year) ex TEMP031517 or similar would be great.

Andrea
Leasing in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Parking Boss - great for open parking communities!

Pros:

I've used Parking Boss for 2+ years now and really enjoy the fact that there is staff on call through chat to help you at anytime!

Cons:

It's a bit pricy for what is included. The only free thing would include the stickers. Additional magnets and parking violation tags cost extra

Colleen

Make parking easier

Comments: My overall experience with Parking boss is positive.

Pros:

I like that I can register all my residents vehicles in our parking lots, it helps to weed out the abandoned vehicles as well as unauthorized.

Cons:

I dont have any issues with Parking Boss currently.

Juan
Supervisor of Security Operations in US

From the Security User's Perspective

Comments: Regardless of the minor con this has been the best system I have used at any property. It easily cuts down the time it takes me to conduct violation patrols by half or more. To make things simple I drive down the property, putting the license plate of every on site vehicle and Parking Boss tells me immediately if the vehicle is allowed to park. Gone are the days of the annoying parking passes that get copied or reproduced anyways! Thanks Parking Boss!

Pros:

What I like most is it cuts down on the amount of time it takes me to identify parking violations

Cons:

What I like least is the inability to ban vehicle types from obtaining a guest permit.

Adrian
Senior Leasing consultant in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Incredibly useful to manage parking

Pros:

I love that our parking attendant is able to have all information while out monitoring the community.

Cons:

Everything is great, we have not had any issues with parking boss

Dinasti
NSM in US
Real Estate, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Parking Boss Review

Comments: I love it. I think that it has improved parking a lot in the community. I think the new stickers that allow you to check off boxes was an amazing addition.

Pros:

How it stores information for residents throughout their entire stay. Pictures. Easy to monitor changes other employees have made. How easy it is to look up vehicle license information.

Cons:

Doesn't have an official app. Freezes sometimes. Doesn't give you the ability to erase notes. The QR scanner needs some improving. No option to state that a vehicle has been towed.

Maureen
Leasing and Marketing Director in US
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Best Parking Management Software Available

Pros:

It allows us to effectively manage our parking in real time and know who is parked on our property at all times. When we have to tow a vehicle we can do so with confidence that it is not an error.

Cons:

The cost per sticker, would prefer a monthly fee, but I hear this may be an available option soon also wish there was an available sticker for bicycles.

5 years ago

Hi Maureen, thanks for the great review! We do offer both permit fee and monthly subscription fee options. We'll have one of our team follow up with you.

Jessica

Parking Boss

Pros:

Easy to use and convenient. Available when needed. Can be used anytime.

Cons:

Longer times for parking for guest will be great

Christopher
Supervisor of security in US
Security & Investigations, 11–50 Employees

Parking boss is great

Pros:

I like everything about the software very easy to use

Cons:

I like everything I have no problems with the software

Patricia
Property Manager in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

great!

Pros:

helps manage and control the number of unauthorized vehicles.

Cons:

certain roll out processes are unclear.

Rajesh
Treasurer in US
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Takes the pain out of parking management

Comments: We use to manage the guest parking spots in the community. Visitors are able to easily register and it does the notifications and tracking of the parking and send alerts promptly. On the admin side its easy to manage and look at history of violators and specific vehicles.

Pros:

Ease of navigation User Experience Feature set

Cons:

Faster Reporting Error checking for invalid inputs from users

Sandra
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Parking Boss has helped to eliminate our parking problems.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and it's been very effective.

Cons:

I wish we had someone outside of our office team actually monitoring the parking lot.

Timothy
VP Board of Directors in US

Needed Parking Help

Pros:

This allows complete fairness to every homeowner to be able to share our limited parking.

Cons:

I would say nothing, but there coupled be some work done on the reports. My opinion is the are a little archaic.

KAITLYN
LEASING CONSULTANT in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Love it

Pros:

What I like most about this program is how user friendly this program is. Everything is front and center and everything is easily located

Cons:

I do not have any dislikes with this program.

Benjamin
Leasing Specialist in US

Leasing Specialist

Comments: My overall experience has been nothing but great!

Pros:

The ease of setting up my prospects and residents with an easy parking system!

Cons:

What I liked least about this software is