Sage Business Cloud Accounting Reviews

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.9 /5
    3.8 /5

About Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Sage | Accounting is a simple yet powerful online accounting solution designed for small business owners.

Learn more about Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Vishal R.
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-29

"Can definitely Work with IT!!!!!"

Comments: Ability to meet the objectives of the finance department and make the workflow alot easier in terms of maximizing the efficiency

Pros: The ability to integrate with other Sage solutions was great. We had some other 3rd party solutions which needed to be integrated and the ISV already had integration points available

Cons: The price was a little off but we if you need the solution its worth the extra cost

• Reviewed on 2020-09-29
Martin T.
Chartered Accountant
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-08

"I have the full confidence in this product"

Comments: Excellent - they started a bit behind functionality wise from other products, and are now moving ahead of them, and I like the committment to constant development and the transparancy of their roadmap.

Pros: It is intuitive, and my non-accountant clients can usually navigate their way around it themselves, and only occassionally require minimal support. My clients who have switch from other software have said that they wouldn't go back.

Cons: The marketing for this product is not as flashy as competitors, and so sometimes it can be a hard sell to clients who want the one with the big ad campaign. As with most cloud products it is constantly evolving and I am not always aware of the new features which come out.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-08
Accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-11

"Just don't"

Comments: I wanted to use Sage business accounting cloud for basic bookkeeping and I couldn't even do this.
My experience was of utter frustration. Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month. Clients were charged for software that they didn't even use. Some clients were charged for software that I had already paid for. Nobody in accounts could fix it. Not even the directors were able to fix it. What an absolute disaster. I am absolutely at a loss as to how they are still in business.

Pros: The sage logo hinted that it may be similar to their line 50 product. Oh, how wrong I was.
There is quite literally nothing good I can say about this software, their customer support nor their accounts and billing team.,

Cons: It falls way short of functional. It couldn't be further behind the competition if they did nothing.
Essential features like repeating invoices were missing.
You can't pay with or receive into the director's loan account.
You are restricted in the number and type of bank/cash accounts you can have.
Fixing anything is a mammoth task
and even then, it doesn't actually fic the issues.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-11
Ian C.
CFO
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-09

"Something I should have done a long time ago"

Comments: Absolutely perfect Customer Service and Support Team meaning it all was a straight forward transition and something I wish I had done years ago - throughly would recommend them without any hesitation

Pros: By using this daily, I can see exactly where my business is and the position at all times

Cons: Having inbuilt help/assistant buttons meaning I can solve things immediately without having to go elsewhere or contact they excellent support team

• Reviewed on 2021-02-09
Michelle C.
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-09

"Easy to use"

Comments: I love the fact that the product integrates with other products such as payroll.

Pros: I loved the fact that for the most part everything seemed extremely easy to use. I did run into a few issues, but I found the support staff were extremely helpful. I would like to point ou that I am not an accountant by trade and give my books to a qualified accountant at the end of each year. This product served that purpose entirely.

Cons: The bank statements duplicated on one of the imports, but to be honest Im not sure if I did something wrong.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-09
Chloe M.
Accountant
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-04

"Great software"

Pros: The bank feed works really well and saves a lot of time. There are a lot of reports available and the new adjustments option is a real time saver.

Cons: Some clients find it difficult to navigate the software so it would be great to see more training solutions for them.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-04
Wyn D.
Social Media Dept
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-06

"Accounting software with HMRC reporting facilities"

Comments: Great simple and easy to use accounts software. Can incorporate PAYE, CIS payments and it has HMRC reporting built in.

Pros: This software is fairly simple to use and has lots of help available either by phone or online should you get stuck.

Cons: Software has regular updates after which you always have to log back in so don't forget your user ID and password because it can be a pain.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-06
Cathy J.
Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-23

"Simple to learn, gives you great data"

Comments: I started a new job and I was up and running on invoicing at the end of the week, by week two I was able to post cash. It did take a little bit of time to familiarize myself the reports and with the general ledger. When I covered accounts payable it was also very intuitive. One of the most intuitive computer systems I have worked with ever.

Pros: The company I got a job with a few years ago used Sage, I was apprehensive about learning a new computer system but Sage was easy. It was intuitive if you have a little experience and accounting knowledge. It gives very great reports and gives you a lot of basic detail. I like.the fact that you can drill down to give various information.

Cons: There were a few times that I wish there was an online help to explain a few questions. There are a lot of reports and I feel like you may have to look at several reports to pull some advanced details.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-23
Terry L.
Photographer
Photography
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-06

"A very simple online accounting system"

Comments: The ability to connect my bank accounts is great and a real time saver.

Pros: The fact that this is online and can be accessed from any device is a real pleasure. It means as a sole trader that I can enter receipts while I'm on the go or at home when I have a spare few minutes. I know sage was late to the party for online accounting systems but they have managed to make a simple system and one that starts cheaper than the competitors. The second main feature for me was the ability to automatically connect to my bank accounts and match my transactions as this saves no end of time and is all included in the monthly price. They also have a feature which allows you download your transaction in a CSV file as well, if you wanted to move them to another system.

Cons: It's not as customisable as the desktop version was but once you get over that hurdle and change your way of thinking and acting then you realise they had a reason for making it so simple.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-06
Jimmi N.
Software Developer | Network Engineer
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-25

"It's simply among the best accounting management software I've ever used."

Pros: Its ability to send real time accounting documents through its automated processes saves the company or organisation a lot of time.
Its add on modules give users a robust diversity to customize the system to best fit the organisations needs.
Automation of invoice generation, Local Purchase orders, credit notes, petty cash just to mention a few to communicate with bank accounts, make transactions and additionally update the records is actually very impressive.
Great support with free training.

Cons: They charge the most essential aspect of it which is the ability to use multi-currency. You would expect this to be free upon purchase of the system as after all it is an accounting system

• Reviewed on 2018-04-25
Adam K.
Manager of Franchise Support and Operations
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-07

"Overall effective tool for my book keeping"

Comments: I was able to have all my book-keeping done in a central location, with the ability to pull reports quickly, when needed.

Pros: Fairly simple to use . Once I learned how to use it, I was able to use it every day and make it part of my daily routine, to stay on top of my book keeping.

Cons: Longer adaptation phase than I thought. It took me a while to learn how to use Sage and all its features effectively.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-07
Chris S.
MD
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-18

"Expensive"

Comments: Not that impressed. You can’t get any subsequent support unless you pay for it.

Pros: The main go to accounting software and as you’d expect, covers all required accounting aspects.

Cons: The software cost is expensive for what it is and we don’t like the fact that Sage lock you in then annually push up the prices for new functionality that most people never want.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-18
Dolmetscherin & Übersetzerin Es-En-De/ Traductora e intérprete Es-En-De
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-12

"Definitely useful for self-employed professionals, but there are more attractive options for the pri"

Comments: Plenty of useful features for a self-employed professional, such as Billing & Invoicing, Bank Reconciliation and Expense Tracking.

Pros: I used to use Sage One because it offers all the functions I need as a self-employed professional, but the price kept creeping up (it's between 14 and 54 euros a month where I'm from), so I decided to switch to QuickBooks.
It includes plenty of useful features, such as Billing & Invoicing, Bank Reconciliation and Expense Tracking, but QuickBooks offers pretty much the same with a more attractive UI and at a better price point.

Cons: I really dislike how Sage One would prompt me to subscribe to a new, more expensive plan without ever showing the price. I felt that if I ever clicked by mistake they'd start invoicing me right away, since they already had my account number.
As with any accounting software, there is a certain learning curve with Sage Accounting.
Even though it does simplify bookkeeping, you still need to input all your clients information by hand and create your invoices yourself.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-12
Paul R.
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-05

"Fantastic"

Pros: Easy to use, available 24 hour a day, makes difficult tasks easy.
When i took over the payroll, I was amazed how easy it was using Sage. It has saved me a lot of time and money and made me more confident.

Cons: Help line can be busy during the day, so I tend to always telephone in an evening. Get through in an evening no problem at all.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-05
Dawn B.
Accounts Payable
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-08-08

"The only one we've been using for years!"

Comments: All of the modules are connected.

Pros: It is very easy to use. Most modules are linked to be able to see things in a real time view. Best of all, it links with TimberScan.

Cons: Sometimes, the reports are a little discouraging to use. They don't always come up with the information that you want.

• Reviewed on 2017-08-08
Milli B.
Junior Accountant
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

"Good for Money"

Pros: It's simple and easy to use. Maintenance is always pre-warned and is usually done when the system won't be used (midnight).

Cons: It can't cope with a lot of heavy traffic. There are times where I cant log in because 'there are too many users accessing the software'.

Chris M.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-02

"Makes looking after the business accounts very easy and straightforward."

Comments: Has made my life easier, and made dealing with the accounts and invoicing less stressful and slightly more enjoyable!!

Pros: Quick and easy to set-up and get going on. Quick to send out invoices and add new customers. Can quickly see who owes what and who we owe money to. Facility to send out statements is great - and can get statements sent out in seconds.

Cons: Recently, when we go online the site seems to be done due to server overload - starting to happen more often.

Deanne W.

"Easy to use"

Pros: Bank reconciliations and import are easy to do. Looking up any information is quick and simple as well.

Cons: Downloading information could be better. In some areas, the results of a search are displayed, but cannot be downloaded. This would be useful as a csv to import to Excel etc.

Koos de beer
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2012-08-27

"The Best Accounting and Costing Tool Ever."

Comments: I have been using Pastel Accounting and Pastel Payroll for the past 5 years. I have no training in Accounting practices and always had to rely on my Bookkeeper to advice and help me. Since I stumbled across Pastel My Business Online I am doing my own thing without help from anybody. The software is user friendly and written in a language that everybody understands.It allows me to make mistakes and the opportunity to rectify it without writing journal after journal. No debtors and creditors, you work with customers and suppliers - what is easier than that. When my Bookkeeper requested my documents for tax purposes I just gave them access to my system and within one hour they had all the info they need. BIG SAVING ON ACCOUNTANTS FEES. The biggest benefit for me as a small business owner is that I am in control of my cash flow everyday. NO SURPRISES AT THE END OF THE MONTH. My stock is no longer a headache because Pastel Control it for me. I don't know how I managed without Pastel My Business Online. I will use nothing else ever again.
Regards.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2012-08-27
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-16

"Accounting for small businesses"

Comments: We use it for inventory, sales, purchases. It is easy to use once you have gotten used to it.

Pros: It is consistent and easy to use. Helps keep track of your transactions.

Cons: It doesn't import transactions on pay-pal.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-16
Gordon T.
director
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-02

"I've had 2 other programmes for my bookwork but this one is by far the best with no contest"

Pros: I like that my accountant can log in to my account and get what ever information she requires.
The ease of use, the way it is all set out is very intuitive.
The help that is available is excellent

Cons: there's nothing really that I dislike about it apart from the cost as I am only a small business but I suppose you get what you pay for and this feels like a very well thought out bit of kit

Marc B.
Co-propriétaire
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-21

"Answers my needs but would like more integration"

Pros: Used here in Canada by a lot a small accounting firms, it's versatile enough for my needs.

Cons: Would like an app for Android to do the day to day stuff. The interface looks dated compared to it's compétition.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-21
Sara L.
Business Operations
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-27

"Sage is NOT User Friendly"

Comments: I would not recommend Sage 50 to anyone.

Pros: They have made attempts to improve Sage's programs by offering Sage Cloud & Paya. If you can figure out how to use this program, you may find some of its features helpful.

Cons: This product is not easy to install or operate. I spent countless hours waiting for a representative to help me install, update, or troubleshoot issues we've had. It is hard to find data and is very behind the times.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice