• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.5 /5

About MeisterTask

MeisterTask is the most intuitive task management and collaboration tool on the web.

Learn more about MeisterTask

Adam C.
Data Analyst
Museums & Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-19

"Great, Affordable Project Board for Teams"

Comments: It's an easy-to-use tool for your entire team. The horizontal layout makes it easy to click and drag projects/tasks from one development stage to another (one board to another), trigger email alerts, and create checklists. That makes task organization easy for a team. We have around a dozen staff using MeisterTask, and they all love it.

Pros: It's an incredible value for the features. We only need to pay monthly for our administrator account, and all our staff users are free. They don't get to create projects or add/change actions, but their day-to-day use of MeisterTask is free (e.g., creating and completing tasks/tickets, moving tasks around, adding checklists, etc.). I also love the integrations with other services like Zapier, which we use to allow creation of tasks via sending emails, and the MeisterTask plugin for Gmail, which lets you create tasks directly from your Inbox. This adds tons of value for our staff, who again are free users.

Cons: I personally don't like task management that is laid out horizontally on boards (e.g., Trello). The board layout lacks a visual hierarchy that I prefer and see in other free/cheap task management products like ClickUp. Also, while you can upload and attach files to each task, you can't immediately download from the task. You have to wait while MeisterTask fetches them from wherever they are stored in the cloud. There's a short delay, and you need to refresh your browser page to see the notification that contains your download link. That's a slight annoyance.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-19
Lauren A.
Business Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-20

"I LOVE this software"

Comments: I don't often say I love a software, but I love MeisterTask. As I passed over some important tasks to another person, I found she was not as organized as I was, and it was costing us a lot of lost revenue as she failed to follow up on time-sensitive claim rejections and other issues. Furthermore, due to the way our main systems work, I had a hard time keeping my own eyes on the issues before it was too late. By implementing MeisterTask, we both have insight into the issues that have come back from insurances, I'm able to better hold her accountable, and tasks are getting done. I love the Kanban board, having the ability to personalize it, write notes, have overarching tasks with subtasks, and more.

Pros: Visualization, due dates, reminders. It's user-friendly, and has a modern interface. The ability to customize various aspects was great. I like the dashboard that tells you what's due today, this week, or later. As a manager, I liked being able to set up multiple projects in one place.

Cons: I wish the product had a "due date" and "follow up dates", so it was more obvious what was being worked.
It took me a few to realize I could edit a comment, which was really helpful.
I wish it required a due date with an option or checkbox for no due date, as opposed to defaulting to no due date.
--All minor things.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-20
Danielle S.
n/a
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-16

"Great for tracking Weekly and Daily Big Three Tasks (Big Rocks, other tasks, etc.)"

Comments: I originally downloaded the application to attempt to tackle some #StayatHome projects. These are personal projects as I am unemployed. I find that the visual layout on the web-version is compelling and I enjoy using it. The reminders on my phone are limited, no snooze feature if you're stuck on another task, but overall decent anyway. I would and have recommended this product and will likely do so again.

Pros: I love the overall layout and design look of the software. I use the web-based version and the Android version. I like that I can get a good picture of what my day looks like - what I've planned to do, and what I may be missing from my tasks that needs to be done. It is a great companion to my Full Focus Planner, a Franklin planning system, and a general task list.

Cons: I wish the free version had more projects - something like 4 to 6 would be great. My budget may allow me to purchase the full (I think Pro) version. I am using this for just myself right now, but can see how a business could make use of it. Like most To-do apps, a decent snooze feature is lacking. Sometimes I am in the middle of working on a task and need a few more minutes to finish up - snoozing an upcoming item is always helpful.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-16
Benjamin D.
General councillor
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-25

"A perfect balance between utility, useability and design"

Comments: I am collecting the workflows of all of my different personal and professional projects into different boards and then into one intgrated dashboard. The ultimate friendship between power and simplicity. And then it also looks very beautiful! I really can't work with apps on a daily basis of they do not look nice, so I am very happy to have found this powerful, flexible, and intuitive software that also takes the cake when it comes to aesthetics!

Pros: MeisterTask strikes, for me, the perfect balance between the different aspects of a task system. It has all the functionalities that I have been looking for, for my project workflow system. I can create multiple kanban (Trello-like) boards for my different projects, yet see all of my due tasks from all of the different boards on one single dashboard. This way I can keep all of my different tasks and workflows organized, yet consult only one place to decide on my next activity. It also functions in a very intuitive way, and looks just beautiful. I especially love the option to have a daily changing photo on the home screen.

Cons: So far there is nothing at all I dislike about this software, which is a huge surprise for me. I have been looking for "the perfect" project workflow system for myself, and MeisterTask might be the one I have been looking for for so many months. There is only one smal technical improvement that I would suggest to the creators, which is the option to automatically assign newly created tasks to myself, so that I don't need to perform that as a routine action.

• Reviewed on 2019-09-25
Marcus H.
Customer and Communications Strategist
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-10

"Maximizes Your Time, Minimizes the Learning Curve"

Comments: Overall, the experience is wonderful. It relives stress rather than adding the stress of learning a new tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros: Unlike other project management platforms, Meistertask is not only affordable, but it allows you to do more with their basic features which only amplify with one of the paid versions. Meistertask is not only a great tool to help speed up workflow, it is also highly intuitive. Even if you haven't used the platform before, you most likely will be up and running within 30 minutes. It's drag and drop interface is incredibly fast, east, and straight forward making it ideal for beginner and advanced users.

Cons: The only issue that I have with the software is the lack of list view for the project workflow. I also would like to see calendar view of the current projects and not just in reporting view.

• Reviewed on 2019-06-10
Rachel H.
Coordinator of Operations
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-30

"Easy and affordable for my little nonprofit office"

Comments: As mentioned before, I have been able to save and categorize my office gmail emails as visually-pleasing, easily-comminicable tasks that can be shared in my little office. It has replaced the ugly little scribble-notes on my desk (for the most part). :) We are a small non-profit (four people altogether) so the free basic account is wonderful, although we are considering the Pro. I have already mentioned it to several friends.

Pros: It is free and an add-on within gmail! And it's beautiful! Our office uses G-Suite, and I was desperate for a replacement for Inbox, which I had been using for the last year because it allowed me to pin notes and to-dos on each email regarding such things as follow-ups needed or website updates for users. MeisterTask allows us to take a gmail email and turn it into a categorized to-do task that I can categorize, assign to someone, and place a due date on. I love that I can have a conversation per to-do and my admin asst and I can get tasks done and tuck them away without ever having to ask each other questions in panic as later follow-up.

Cons: There is nothing that I don't like given what I am using it for. Maybe more could show up there as notifications - such as what is still in progress or yet to complete (or maybe I can set this up in settings somewhere)? I would love to take it to take it to a higher level, because I am using Smartsheets for event management, but I would need to be able to build and save multiple projects (outside of my office tasks) and be able to make use of complex templates and viewable calendars. I'm not quite sure what/where my abilities end with MesiterTask, but then I just started using it. I hope it doesn't go away.

by MeisterLabs on 2019-04-08

We're very happy to hear you're using MeisterTask and that you're also making use of the integration with Gmail! You can customize your notification settings when you click on "preferences" in your project board. Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review Rachel! We'll take your feedback in consideration!

• Reviewed on 2019-03-30
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-26

"Great for To-Dos and Project Management"

Comments: MeisterTask is really helping me keep track of the many things I have going on and keeping them organized by project, with deadlines and action items. It's a free tool that gives me all I need in a task management system when other brands and systems have fallen flat.

Pros: I started using MeisterTask about a year ago to keep track of all my projects internally. To be honest, even though it's marketed as a teams system, I love using it for just myself. It's the only to-do list type system I've found that helps me keep track of where things are and keep them organized. I like how you can manually move tasks from start, to in progress, to finish. You can clearly indicate action items and next steps, unlike a lot of the to-do list apps I've found. I also love that I can use it seamlessly from my computer to my phone.

Cons: Honestly, it's kind of all I need in a to-do/project management software. I've definitely found some quirks and some things in the system I need to get used to. But, overall it has all the features that one would use for task management and the collaboration process looks like it could be easy as well.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-26
Patrick P.
Consultant

"Great Product"

Comments: Overall experience is good.

Pros: I like all features on MeisterTask in general.

Cons: I'd like to have a full list of features when right clicking Tasks. And to be able to create a task with some shorcut, and predefine where the new task goes, like in a specific column in first or last position. In MeisterTask app, i'd like to have a forcetouch button to press and hold on some task and open a full list of features to do with that task.

Hi Patrick,
Thank you for your review.

The offered features are placed in Project properties, in the Project sections as well as in the task itself - according to what unit of the project they relate to.
I will however still forward your feedback to our developers to consider it for future updates.

Andrea C.
Copywriter
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-06

"Screw Asana. MeisterTask is the best workflow project/task/to-do manager bar none."

Comments: I start my day with MeisterTask. I drag and drop throughout the day as I accomplish my tasks. I make things look just how I want them with easy colour and text customizations. I use the checklists and notifications tp keep me on track. MeisterTask is a game changer when it comes to organization.

Pros: It's free for freelancers.
You can scale it to teams as you grow.
The interface is beautiful.
The dashboard is everything you need but remains simple and clean.
The ease-of-use is incredible (drag and drop your kanban boards).
It comes as an app for my Google Pixel 3 (that also looks and works as great as the browser version).
It integrates a time clock. I use Harvest for that, but I love that this feature is here if needed.
Colour coding is sweet.
Checklists are quick and easy.
Deadline notifications are awesome.
Customization is easy.
Unlimited projects

Cons: I literally have no cons for this software. I am a company of one using this amazing free software and it does everything I need. I don't know what I would do without it. You have to try it. Blows bigger more known-about competitors out of the water.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-06
Sally B.
Business Consultant
Human Resources, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-06

"Creativity Unleashed!"

Comments: Sharing my goals, needs and timelines selectively with work associates, clients and friends/family helps give me focus and keep moving forward. When juggling single parenthood, full time employment and a start up business - I need a Command Station that is versatile, intuitive, has a great UX, easily integrates, is cloud-based and allows for customization. MeisterTask does it all!

Pros: It's so customizable and smooth to use! I can change icons, colors, set alerts and share information/docs really easily. The mobile app is also incredibly well-synced and makes life so much simpler when I need to check on my projects and focus on tasks at hand. Like a to-do list on steroids. Making Lifework Integration possible for me.

Cons: More people don't know it exists! It would be so nice if people understood how much this could change their lives and help them stay focused on and motivated towards their lifestyle goals.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-06
Nahuel M.
Strategic Brand Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-15

"The best and most complete task manager"

Pros: I really like the management of the project and the ease to use interface. Really intuitive.

Cons: Specially in the Smartphone App, it seems that you have to enter multiple times to a new task to assign a person and a deadline to that specific task. I would prefer a cleaner look to the interface.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-15
Phung N.
Senior Manager Business Intelligence
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-11

"Collaboration Task tools must have"

Pros: Very easy to collaboration with team mate, interface clean and beautifull

Cons: Too expensive for SME or small team need to have a good tools to work before become big company

Hi Phung,
Thank you for your review.

Our free plan is add-free and offers the option of creating up to three projects. Developing and maintaining our website and apps is however costy and at the moment it is not viable to provide all features for free, we hope for your understanding.
We however appreciate your feedback.

Have a great day,

• Reviewed on 2021-03-11
Murteza Z.
software engineer
Computer Games, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-05

"Meistertask user experience is like magic"

Comments: It was more than my expectation. I thought Meistertask would be like most other project management tools, but once I used it, it proved me wrong, and this is the first time I'm happy because i'm proved wrong by all the hard works that has been put in building and developing and designing Meistertask.

Pros: It's pretty easy to use and you fall in love with the user experience of Meistertask. The features even in the free version are so helpful. This software has been build pragmatically.

Cons: on the low speed internet, it takes some time to lead the software

• Reviewed on 2020-08-05
Gina G.
General Manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-12

"Excellent for simple, team-based task management"

Comments: It's the best free tool I use in my business, and we have a team working in two locations 7 hours apart, and now remote staff in several places. We use Meistertask exclusively for task management and it works very well.

Pros: I most like that it's free. I also really like the hierarchy of creating projects, then tasks, and checklists within tasks.

Cons: The notification feature is basically useless. I would also like to be able to assign tasks to more than one person.

Hi Gina,
Thank you for your review.

Sorry to hear that you find our notification feature useless, are you sure it's set up correctly on your end? You can contact our Support team directly at [email protected] as well as maybe take a closer look at this article: https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015779160-Receive-Notifications

We only allow one assignee per task, because we believe a clear assignment ensures that the job gets done. Your feedback will be however forwarded to our developers.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-12
Kyoung rock K.
Senior Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-11

"An inspirational magical tool"

Comments: I've used about 10 collaborative tools and issue tracking tools, but I think this is the best tool ever. I think it is the best tool for all members to feel good at their tasks, in a true sense, for collaboration.

Pros: Beautiful, intuitive, and filled with essentials. I use the free version, but this is enough. My colleagues (general affairs team) was very curious, and in just a few hours everyone started using it easily. My favorite thing is that the way I look at my work has changed slightly since I feel good even if I look at it. This means that it can be delightful to look at my to-do list. If you use a MacBook and a Chrome browser, MeisterTask will help you imagine beautiful and cool things from the morning until you fall asleep, and it also helps you to move your inspiration into reality.

Cons: There have been occasional slowdowns when there are more cards on the screen, but it seems to have improved a lot. I tried to develop a system that integrates with this, but I'm frustrated by the reality that it can not be developed as beautiful as this.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-11
Enrico M.
Solution & Technical Architect
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-19

"Great tool for hobby, small and big projects!"

Comments: I'm taking care of the development of my own product and never lose a task.

Pros: Great user interface, easy to use, easy customization and great categorization tools for tasks

Cons: It would be great to have a better search engine: its' sometimes difficult to sort tasks and move them from lane to lane. A sort of "jump to" feature in case of tens of tasks would be great.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-19
Kyle H.
mobile applications developer

"Brilliant Application"

Comments: Flawless

Pros: this products ease of use and tracking is brilliant and it saves me all the time

Cons: The pricing as i am in south africa and the conversion to rand is really high

Hi Kyle,
Thank you for your review.

Sorry to hear the pricing is too high for you and your team!
If you happen to have a NGO/non-profit status, or if any of your employees has a teacher/student status, you can apply for our non-profit or academic discount and purchase your licenses from the account that has been whitelisted for the discount :) You can get in touch with us directly at [email protected]

Maria K.
Civilengineer
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-29

"Very good and easy software for task managing"

Comments: It is easy and simple to use, which saves time, compared to similar software solutions. I use it for all my work tasks. Being a project manager, and having the responsibility for managing 10-12 projects, it is a must to have a software that can contain all my tasks where I have the possibility to add my own tags, which makes it easy for me to get a quick overview of all my projects. I could not do my job without this software.

Pros: It is easy and simple to use, which saves time, compared to similar software solutions. I use it for all my work tasks. Being a project manager, and having the responsibility for managing 10-12 projects, it is a must to have a software that can contain all my tasks where I have the possibility to add my own tags, which makes it easy for me to get a quick overview of all my projects. I could not do my job without this software.

Cons: so far I have non cons in mind

• Reviewed on 2019-10-29
Ma. louren C.
Admin Support | Content Writer | Researcher
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-22

"A Visually Soothing Task Management Solution"

Pros: I am working remotely for a foreign company and having something like a virtual task board helps in managing, assigning, and tracking task progress. I like that it is visually stunning as it is customizable. It creates a relaxing work environment that helps me become more productive. Also, we can create pre-defined checklists for recurring/repetitive tasks. It has integrations too on software/applications we use which are really helpful like slack, bitbucket, two of which we frequently use. Out of all the task management app I tried, I like this one the most because of aesthetics, usability, integrations, and customizations.

Cons: Meistertask's recent update rearranged my checklist items and I can't figure out how to reorder them. So I reverted back to th previous version. Also, I use its Android app so I can still be updated but most times I need to logout and log back in again to get it to sync. But other than these, I love this amazing tool.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-22
Jochem G.
Young Executive
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

"Meistertask review"

Pros: The ease with which you can add deadlines, tasks, shuffle them around.

Cons: It is a pitty that for reocurring tasks you have to have a premium account.

Hi Jochem,
Thank you for your review.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed about automations being enabled for paid accounts only!
At the moment developing and maintaining our apps costs a lot and it is unfortunately not viable for us to offer all features for free, we hope for your understanding.

Joshua M.
Founder/ Principal Design/ Consultant
Machinery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-27

"Incredible Software"

Comments: Launching a business would have been incredibly difficult. MeisterTask allows the team to communicate from various locations, and manage outstanding items for follow up. My life as a first time business leader has been much more enjoyable with these services.

Pros: This platform allows me to keep my team on task - With so many moving parts in the startup world, having one program allowing oversight in an incredible advantage.

Cons: There really are none in my experience. So far the program is intuitive, the interface looks great, and signing my team up was a breeze. Absolutely rockstar job done by the MeisterTask team!

• Reviewed on 2019-10-27
David H.
CAD Technician
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-11

"a tidy task manager"

Comments: very positive - good communication & support. glitches fixed quickly.

Pros: web based & stable too; integrates with Mindmeister mindmapping tool; integrates with toggl timer; integrates with Google calendar via IFTTT; task search capabilities; decent android phone app too; any glitches (there's not been many - see cons) are sorted quickly - support staff are good & knowledgeable about the product; template checklist capability is great too

Cons: not much; the odd glitch - parts of the task window going blank then reappearing - sorted quickly (more likely a hardware/driver issue this end); pasting checklist items from a text document used to be easy - then it wasn't - now it's easy again. like i said - not much wrong.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-11
Koya O.
Web programmer
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-08

"Meistertask is top level project management tool"

Comments: For having a mobile version of meistertask I would give a thumbs up. I can still stay upto date on the current states of running projects. I can participate and share resources with my team. Also it's easy to track progress and time each task for quick performance from each team member. It's a great tool and platform to work in.

Pros: Mister task gives the ability to view currently gunning projects and manage tasks accordingly. It is a tool for full team collaboration and resource sharing. The dashboard offers quick access to tools and features at a glance. Availability of mobile app is of great help.

Cons: The dashboard often look crowded and bulky at first glance. Too much information seems to be popping out of the screen. It's also a bit expensive compared to other platforms.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-08
Tilmann W.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-05

"Everything can be held in this tool"

Comments: We have a big project, an up to 6 people are working on it. As the projectmanager I can use it as a mainboard to have an overview what has to be done, and with drag and drop I can put it on top ore more down like the actuall imprtance to my tasks oder to sombody in the group.
Also I can see what are the employes are doing when they notice in the task.

Pros: It is easy to set a task and more easy to drop it to somebody who gets the responsibility, but you still has an look on the things that are be done.
You can fill the tasks with different lists, and every step that was done is stored.

Cons: There is a big button right on top to the left side that is used to finish the task ( in german. Abschliessen) mostly I like to push it when I want to leave the task to go to an other. For that you have to use the small cross on the right side. This you use much more often an should be bigger, then the finishbutton, that is to be used once.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-05
Usame Z.
CEO Non-govermment organization
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-17

"We need a system for ranking / marking / grading team members"

Pros: Easy to use.
Useful.
Transparent.
Nice design.

Cons: Lack of system for ranking / marking / grading team members. Please create a system, that the administrator can score team members and that the ranking list is automatically generated. That would be very useful to us. If a system already exists, please explain how to use it.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-17