15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Rentals United

Rentals United is the ultimate vacation rental software that helps your Property Management business grow their revenue by 21%.

Learn more about Rentals United

Pros:

The best part of this channel manager is the function that allows you to import the properties from Airbnb. It really saves you a lot of time.

Cons:

I found it difficult to use, some overbooking, not answering very quick.

Rentals United ratings

4.0
3.9
3.8
3.8

6.8/10

Rentals United has an overall rating of 3.9 out 5 stars based on 135 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Rentals United before?

Jarry
Jarry
Franchisee - Owner in Philippines
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Outstanding Customer Service

Comments: We recently resolved our problem on securing the payment and the double booking. The Customer Service in Rentals United is world-class and I never felt alone as I go through the process. The support staff helped me all throughout - from set-up to the actual operation. She was available all the time even thru chat/email/conference-calls for customer concerns. She gave me the resources where to find the info I need and was able to fix the problem. And this is raising the bar of Customer Service because in this fast changing world - people, human interaction, problem-solving, technology, and after sales service, matters. We should place customer service as a top priority that makes our products worthwhile. Profit should always be last as it follows when everything works fine!

Pros:

I work remotely as an assistant to a Property Manager who is also a Realtor. It's just the right app we needed to increase the revenue from the leased properties. Booking confirmations are pouring in, you just have to manage it well.

Cons:

You just have to read rules and policies for each of the channels, and be subject to their rules. Other than that everything is fine!

Kimberly
CEO in US

Couldn't be happier!

Pros:

We switched to Rentals United and the experience has been awesome! They have excellent customer service, their training is very well organized and helps you feel confident adding new channels to distribution before you are on your own, and their troubleshooting process is so much easier than what we have worked with in the past. We saw an immediate increase in bookings across our hotel channels and haven't had any issues stemming from their software. They have excellent communication and respond very quickly!

Cons:

No cons so far! Easy to use, love the layout, good design, increased our bookings and website placement.

Justin
Justin
Head of Development in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Worse software/service I have ever used

Comments: We continue to use Rentals United because of our existing integration and a sort of "better the devil you know" outlook. However the many, constant issues we have with the service and support are close to pushing us over the edge to find an alternative.

Pros:

There's really not much positive to say about Rentals United. They do allow us to list our rentals on a variety of channels (VRBO, Booking.com, Expedia) but their product is barely usable in a variety of ways. Really the onl

Cons:

Our main interactions with Rentals United are via their API. Our in house PMS software connects to RU and pulls in reservation information, syncs calendars, pricing, taxes, etc. Rentals United API is antiquated (XML only) and barely functional. The endpoints frequently change with no prior warning, and you can tell they have no QA because we'll see that the change was some misspelling of an existing attribute that caused our integration to stop working. We have to depend on a "comments" section in each reservation to pull in vital financial information like how much the guest paid in cleaning and taxes. This information is frequently omitted and RU support just throws up their hands and claims ignorance as to why its not provided. Almost every interaction with support is drawn out and doesn't lead to any positive outcome.

3 years ago

Hello Justin, we are truly sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with our product and support teams. Please note that your RU Key Account Manager has been trying to contact your team for the past months but has not had any response. These regular meetings between our teams are crucial, as this is our opportunity to communicate any API updates ahead of time and address any concerns you are faced with in an efficient and timely manner.  Our API team has confirmed that our endpoints have not been modified for the last 5 years. Additionally, we have extensively reviewed the requests submitted to our support team and we can confirm that back in August 2021, a more efficient way to extract the fees and taxes was offered as an alternative to using the "comments section". Please contact our team on [email protected] with your updated contact details and we would be delighted to put you in touch with your dedicated Key Account Manager to further discuss your concerns.

Alexis
Revenue Manager in Spain
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Great product and even bette costumer service!

Pros:

As a revenue manager working for a property management company in Barcelona (with 100's of units), I could not be happier with Rentals United. They keep on meeting our needs and their CS representatives (mainly [sensitive content hidden]) excel in their duties with such kindness. 10/10!!

Cons:

We have had some minor issues that were quickly dealt with.

2 months ago

Thank you for the feedback Alexis! We're thrilled to hear we are meeting your needs. Our dedicated customer service reps, are delighted to have provided exceptional service. If you need anything else, just give us a shout. Looking forward to continuing our partnership!

Bart
Business Owner in Poland
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Good value for money and customer support

Comments: ALL IN ALL, good value for money and a solid product that is being improved constantly.
Prepare for bumps and sweat during integration and use extra external services to generate extra income and make it easier and more guest friendly.

Pros:

STRONG POINTS 1. Rentals United is mostly a solid CHANNEL MANAGER with the broadest spectrum of OTAs available on the market. I've connected to most of them, but 5 top performers generate almost all bookings in London. Still, there were hardly any connection issues after nearly 2 years, and I avoided the nuisance and stress of double bookings and iCals failing, improving my OTA mix and revenue. 2. PRICE The more properties you have better the price. After our research and having circa 40 units to manage, it was the best value for money as the price is fixed and you know exactly how much you will pay. You can integrate some external software which I describe below and that costs extra. 3. INTEGRATION WITH OTHER SERVICES We found external DYNAMIC PRICING integration (Pricelabs, Beyond Pricing or Wheelhouse) and OPERATIONAL APPS (Wishbox, Chekinn, Doinn, HelloHere, SuperHog) great. For payments for direct bookings, you can integrate STRIPE (a flat fee per charge if generated from RU, free if you take payment manually). These apps are optional, and you pay extra for them, but we are glad we found them!

Cons:

Free FEATURES could improve 1. BOOK DIRECT Free website generator creates one page per listing, but guest cannot search for availability between all your listings, which makes it not very useful. We mostly get bookings from the OTAs, and direct bookings are from returning guests, so it is not a deal-breaker, but it would be great to have this function. 2. GUEST PLANNER is a place where you can see a snapshot of what is happening at your properties: your current reservations, check-in / check-out; You can also communicate with guests there. It's a bit difficult to use when you have many properties - in our case, we used the multicalendar available in the software and integrated external communication service available on RU. 3. GUEST COMMUNICATION - you will receive messages from all platforms on your email, and you can message guests on most platforms (I believe not all, but I'm not sure) from Rentals United directly. Instead we use one of the integrated software providers for that as it allows us to upsell, take pre-check-in data, security deposit, etc. and communicate via WhatsApp, text message, online chat, so that guests cannot miss our messages - not everyone can access their email at all times, so the text message backup is great.

3 years ago

Hi Bart! Thank you so much for this amazing review!! We really appreciate your feedback and we are happy that you are satisfied with our product and service. All the negative points you have stated will be taken into consideration for future platform updates. We wish you a wonderful and productive season! The RU Team

Fabian
VP in Singapore
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Software with good ideas but unethical management, terrible functionality and poor communication!

Comments: The idea of ​​simplifying the procedures and needs in the hospitality sector and the tourists apartments that they propose is great, many useful and value-added services for the owners and managers that they claim to have is really incredible, ...BUT the reality is different , because not all of them work, channels outside of Booking.com, Airbnb and Expedia, hardly have reservations, if not none, not to mention that for years the synchronization has been poor and problematic, in addition to being super slow in everything, any update, change or bug, it took forever, sometimes weeks ...horrible! ...Even so, after several years with them since their inception as a company, putting up with all their beginner mistakes, and in the pay-per-use mode, at the end of 2020 in the midst of a Covid 19 pandemic and disaster in the tourism sector, they forced me to change to a monthly payment plan or leave the platform!!!, they don't care about all the years, times and resources that our company dedicated to them, they told me: either you pay about 90 euros per month, or you leave the platform. ....decide for yourself if you want to work with such a company... In the last months of 2019, I must admit that for some reason, customer service improved a bit compared to previous years, but nothing else, at least for me, with the experience of so many years with them, it is worthless the mandatory monthly payment that they demand. , I COULD NEVER RECOMMEND this software to anyone!!!

Pros:

They have a great idea, but have never quite managed to make it work...

Cons:

Some people from Rental United customer service should give them a medal for good work, endurance and exemplaryness, they are really good, for putting up with so many complaints and software malfunctions, and still giving such good service.

3 years ago

Hi Fabian! Thank you for your review!! We are pleased to hear that you like our platform and service. We also take a lot of pride in our customer service, so it is wonderful to hear your feedback. We strive to improve our service and we are very happy to know that all the work is paying off! The channels we offer all work and we do have proven statistics in this regard. I understand that some of the channels you picked did not perform well for your region. In regards to the monthly payment, this has been switched years ago and the limit date for the last remaining accounts was the one on which we contacted you. You were the last RU client not paying for the monthly fee. We are sorry about the impact that this may have had on your business. The RU Team

Irene
Revenue & Pricing Manager in UK

Serviced Apartments Channel Manager

Comments: Pleased working with them, they will work on any issues rise but it takes just a little bit longer. They do come back with solutions and also suggestions. Overall the channel manager is working well with serviced apartments.

Pros:

Dashboard provide information summary information such as how many properties, how many bookings and how many channels connected. There are more details display on total arrival, bookings the next 7 days and all bookings the past 30 days. Which is quite handy, to have a glance look if we need to search booking arrival within a week. On Services, Sales Channel, it displays all the channels which is connected and showing any listing errors Guest planner is a great overview for bookings and you can search bookings on it as well. On My Bookings, we can filter bookings based on arrival or when the booking is made and also from certain channel, confirmed or cancelled bookings, this information can be exported to Excel file On my properties, if you work with ResHarmonics, then any data loaded in resharmonics for the properties will be transferred to RU on this page. Where we can view the property page as guest and the link can be sent to guests where they can check the rates and also make the booking from the link

Cons:

Can't delete or hide the past sales channel even though we are no longer working with them There is no error notification sent back to us by RU if the rates or LOS sent to OTA failed. Expedia and Booking.com has maximum 28 days booking window and if by mistakes we send an update, where there is a minimum 3 nights on certain dates and remaining length of stay is 30 days. This update will fail in nights restrictions,but rates will be updated and the minimum nights will revert back to 1 night in Expedia as they don't accept more than 28 days LOS. Reporting errors, we need to fill the forms online, which takes more time then sending an email to support. It would be easier if we could send an email to support team and auto email response created the case number instead of fillings all the questionnaire. Support team is great, but it does take time for them to come back and help to rectify the error. You will hear the response within 72 hours since the case is raised

Sam
Director in UK

Getting us connected

Comments: Overall I am happy with Rentals United and think it is good value for money. Like everything, you need to invest some of your own time to get what you want out of it. I have a good working relationship with my account manager and I hope it lasts a lot longer too with a positive output for us.

Pros:

Rentals United is a great way to connect to channels to get your inventory out to the masses. It is pretty easy to use but then I integrated via our booking software which saved a huge amount of time. I could imagine it being pretty heavy having to load each individual property if you have a portfolio of 10 or more properties. As I am a small agency with 33 properties, I am assigned an account manager and we have fortnightly calls to make sure all is running as it should be. If there are issues in between those calls, you can raise a support ticket which normally gets answered within 48 hours.

Cons:

We struggled initially to get our software and RU to work seamlessly together on rates and restrictions but now that is all sorted, it's very easy. For those needing to load rates manually, there is no 'clone' tool to use the same rate periods for your properties on your portfolio but then adjust rates which makes it a laborious task when you need to enter the same rate periods over and over for multiple properties. We still have an ongoing issue where the balance due date on HomeAway integrations gives the day of arrival which is not what we want so we basically risk confusing the guest and refer them to the T&Cs they should read when booking via HomeAway which states balance payments are 8 weeks before arrival date. Rentals United say they will fix this but it's not imminent. It can be tough to speak to someone if there is an urgency to your requirement but overall, I have not had a nervous breakdown because of it!

Wil
Property Manager in South Africa

Sub-Optimal Channel Manager

Comments: There were several missed cues early in the transition which is to be expected. However, when it occurred again (and again..)- I was told it was attributed to their partner and had nothing related to their service. After 5 months, I've opted to move to another channel partner. A big reason for my change was the lack of value for money. I relayed that I was transferring and closing my account due to the high costs associated (I was being charged a % of EVERY booking) and within 5 minutes, I received an email stating they just launched a 'fixed pricing plan just yesterday' and would I consider staying. Further, I've been told by their billing department I would be billed for all reservations transacted regardless if their system can no longer confirm that the guest had committed to a booking. For example, I would be held accountable the cost of a reservation made 8 months in advance, although the guest can still cancel. Really? Informed them, I would happily submit payment for confirmed arrivals up until the last day of the channel connection was still connect. Haven't heard back...

Cons:

cost

7 years ago

We¿re already in contact with Capterra regarding the removal of this review because it¿s full of untruths. Firstly we¿ve been in continuous contact with you regarding these missing payments and we¿re still waiting on you to respond to us, not the other way around. I¿ve also sent you three messages in the last 4 days without any response. Since you started working with us, you¿ve received a huge increase in bookings and revenue from our services so its hard to believe that this review was written in anything other than the frustration in you not being able to pull out of the contract that you happily signed with us. From the time we started working together, your account has increased 313% in bookings and 1200% in revenues but we still have a number of unpaid bills from you. I¿d like to suggest we avoid using public forums to voice any financial or contractual disputes and ask you to contact me directly on [email protected].

Karolina
Karolina
Office Employee in Portugal
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Powerfull channel manager, but withour any futures

Comments: I don't like them, but I need them...

Pros:

They have integration with planty of booking channels, but general they focus on high number amount of integration not on important ones. They don't have integration with VRBO and Home Away, one of the most important channels on earth... Also, they are poor in tools and futures... With this high price they should be multi task app

Cons:

When something broke or I need some information, you wait ages for replay and sometimes you didn't get correct answer. I'm sick even when I think that I need help from support. Also they not polite and nice Integration, should be with more important channels

Andrzej
CEO in Poland
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

The worst company in the market

Comments: We did a 2 month test with connection with bookingsync for multi units. Complete disaster, wrong prices calendars show booked guests couldn’t book for certain days, wrong accountings connections. And sending us bills for months after we cancelled our agreement. Send 10 emails to accounting - zero response We lost largest Clint with 16,000 apartments and preparing for a lawsuit

Pros:

Great promises zero delivery, huge problems with connections

Cons:

We are 100 mill company we manage over 1000 units Very bad communication, not answering our calls not addressing our technical connection problems. Company have lied to us that has connection with bookingsync. Complete nightmare the worst experience in last 6 years

10 months ago

Dear Andrzej, We want to extend our thanks to you for the time you spent on the phone with our team following the review you provided. While many of our clients seamlessly manage their account integrated with BookingSync/Smily, we want you to know that we are actively investigating the issues you have experienced with the help of the tickets your team has opened with our Support Team. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve our services and also our connections to our partners.

Nick
Portfolio Manager in UK

Growth

Comments: Rentals United was our first foray into the world of Channel Managers after what was a painfully thorough research process in 2017. Their task was to facilitate our growth and exposure to the wider booking platform market and quite simply they exceeded every expectation and goal we had set. We found ourselves struggling to manage the admin side from the speed at which we started receiving reservations! The support and guidance provided by our Account Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was World Class. We can't thank her enough for her help throughout the research process and then the frequency with which we received updates and suggestions for promising channels. She was readily available for questions and was a large part of how successful the integration was.

Pros:

The software is so user friendly! The ease of which one can upload,edit and push their portfolio made the entire process as straightforward as one could want. That partnered with the elite level customer service made the entire experience a wholly positive one. The API's were reliable and we didn't suffer any connection issues with any of the major channels.

Cons:

Nothing bar a few system outages but these were communicated to us and resolved very quickly.

4 years ago

Dear Nick, Thank you for this wonderful 5 Star review! It's feedback like this that makes all the hard work and dedication our team puts into creating a first class experience for our clients absolutely worth it. It is even more awesome that you have been swamped with bookings since joining, this makes us super happy :) We hope 2020 continues to be as successful as the last 2 years in our partnership. The RU team

James
CTO in US

The Juice is NOT worth the squeeze

Comments: We were looking for exposer on the "map pack" basically Googles exposer for hotels in our area. This service was supposed to provide this. In a round about way it did but units were so obfuscated we did not see any return on our investment. Exposer on their channels was time consuming to set up, payment to and from Channels(vendors) vary, trying to create a uniformed policy was not possible. We did not file an account closer ticket so our account renewed when we ask for a refund the denied it. Even though we had not used this service at all in 4 months. Not impressed.... On a up side their customer service response was quite good.

Pros:

Tons of channels to advertise on, no idea on ratings of channels .

Cons:

Every channel you set up has a different policy, you have to set up each one separately, not worth the time and effort, for the amount of exposer and return we received. Payment options vary from every channel. a uniformed accounting system would be amazing, but not available. We canceled our account after 10 months, and pulled all our units from service, we did not file an account closer ticket, our account renewed, we ask for a refund,( we were not using the service ) and was denied. Not what I would call "Customer oriented". We do not use this service now and will definitely not use them in the future when our needs or goals change.

3 years ago

Hello James, Thank you for sharing your experience. Upon further investigation, we can see that a refund was agreed and processed for your renewal fee. We were happy to assist you in resolving this issue and find a satisfactory agreement with you. We understand that working with different channels caused some frustration, as each channel has different payment policy. Our Partnership team is constantly working together with our Partner channels to improve your experience, and our Support Team is also happy to help if there are any doubts by contacting the sales channels on your behalf. Sincerely, The RU Team

Andrea
Managing Director in Sweden

Good potential, very poor/non existent customer service

Comments: It could be a good software but lacks in customer support

Pros:

It's easy to use and well designed. A good number of channels available for connection. A fixed price per month is good if you receive a good amount of reservations.The only problem is that it does not deliver what's promised.

Cons:

The biggest issue of this product is the customer service. Before I paid the subscriptionI have been literally chased by their salesman, available at every time and day of the week. After the first purchase they never responded before a couple of days time and NEVER deliver what they promise. I have been dealing so far with 3 different people, all of them left their position with no notice leaving me sending emails to empty desks. It's presented as a time saver software but it actually takes lot of time only to have the channels actually connected. On the dashboard the channels look connected but if you check channel by channel you would discover they were not active at all. Lot of problems with Expedia with wrong push of the rates all the times. I think it could be a good product if they only would invest more in customer support and less in sales. Selling a product is relatively easy, keeping a customer is the hard part.

7 years ago

Hi Andrea, thanks for your valuable feedback. I've spoken to your account manager, Nicolas and I'd be happy to help speed things along so we meet your expectations. Feel free to contact me directly if you need some more assistance ([email protected])

Steven
Managing Director in UK
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Does everything you need it to do!

Comments: We were a very early adopted of RU platform some 4 years ago now and have seen huge improvements in speed of the site, response time to issues and the general professionalism of the business. RU is at the forefront of channel connections and simply do what they say they can do. Our key account Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]has been excellent over the last year or so and has added a human touch to some complicated tech issues.

Pros:

It just works, makes very complicated connections fairly straight forward, with very little training my team learn how to use the software quickly. The most important element is 'trust' and we trust Rentalsunited with our properties connections.

Cons:

User interface could do with a little updating.

Roya
owner in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

horrible servicer

Comments: very bad

Pros:

Their customer service is horrible. I used them for a year just for booking.com integration since my CRM was not integrated with booking.com at the time. Every time I got a booking I had to call the guest and get their credit card info. None of the information was integrating to my system. Only the calendar was syncing. Oh.. And their invoices to collect the booking fee were coming in through perfectly! I asked their customer service to fix the problem on a few incidents and all I got was an email link to support. No one actually initiated a call to me. They are somewhere in Europe. I think in Spain. Maybe they do a better job in Europe!

Jennifer
Operating Partner in US

Easy to Use!

Pros:

It is very easy to use and understand and our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive and helpful.

Cons:

I wish there were more amenities to choose from so more details would push through to the OTA's.

Filipa
CEO in Portugal

Great Software

Comments: With Rentals United i can have availability and prices connected on different platforms.

Pros:

Rentals United its easy to use, and its a perfect option to easily connect to big listing sites and niche ones. I use for more than 2 years and i never had an overbooking problem! Thank you

Cons:

Nothing to declare. I liked the software

4 years ago

Dear Filipa, Thank you for leaving us this perfect review! We are so pleased that the software is benefitting your business and has been for more than 2 years. Wishing you all the best for 2020. The RU team.

Milena
Vicepresident in US
, 2–10 Employees

Very good business partner

Comments: Bookings from different partners that as a small company was difficult to work directly with them.

Pros:

The account managers are great! Especially always very helpful! Always looking into any situation we bring to them. I like the channels

Cons:

Serves often crashes, unable to look at reservations, cvc for credit cards missing. That's it! Solve that and you will be the bomb!!!!

7 years ago

Hi Milena, thanks for your valuable feedback. We've made some optimisations especially to the reservations viewing page so hopefully you'll see an improvement there. If not, let me know. CVC codes are generally sent to us unless the customer doesn't provide it. I'm happy to talk about this when you're free.

Neal
Co-CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Customer Support!!

Comments: It does what it's supposed to do as a channel manager. Workflows are clear and simple, yet detailed and well-thought out so you are easily led to your goals. It's been critical to my success transitioning to a career in hospitality.

Pros:

What makes RU exceptional is it's dedication to world-class customer support by its account reps. My rep is absolutely outstanding. With other companies, it is difficult to get dedicated reps on the phone, yet team is always checking on me, finding new ways to help grow my business and being patient when I'm behind. They made my experience with the software one that I'm truly grateful for.

Cons:

I wish there were more PMS features, but that's not really a fair complaint.

Debbie
Owner in US

quick and easy

Comments: more bookings.

Pros:

channel options are great easy to set up properties. George is always great and quick to attend to our needs. I use Rentals United for another company I work for and he has always been on top of, things.

Cons:

Takes too much time to load and save. Need more amenity choices maybe add check boxes to select amenities.

Coburn
VP Of Operations in US

5 Stars Rentals United!

Pros:

Having such an amazing tool that links our calendars together - our business would never be the same without Rentals United + Our amazing account manager.

Cons:

Nothing about the software deserves the 'Cons'. All technology has its ups and downs but RU definitely over weighs the cons.

Charles
Co-Owner in US

Excellent

Pros:

I really enjoyed with our property manager. She always had nice answers whenever there were any issues.

Cons:

There were occasional connectivity issues. The two-way connection isn't perfectly set up on all the channels.

Mikael
CEO in Sweden

Great channel management software

Comments: Excellent!

Pros:

Rentals United was already integrated with our PMS from Res Harmonics. It is very easy to connect new properties and units to Rentals United and their customer support is very good.

Cons:

That I cannot call customer support. They respond very quickly to tickets in their customer support system though.

Craig
Manager in Australia
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

I found the whole process quite easy. I had a 45 minute consult with their executive & I did my homework.

Comments: I have a more secure business now as I am not reliant on 1 channel and I am able to reach more customers. Ultimately this should make the off peak seasons better, and lead to more revenue.

Pros:

The user guides were great. I'm not that great with techy stuff but the user guides were accurate, up to date and easy to navigate. I use Guesty and they have supported me with Rentals United and made the integration really easy. I love this software as it means I am not reliant on 1 booking channel (Air BnB). I have found their executives to be really friendly, informative and make me feel like they are interested in seeing my business succeed.

Cons:

Sometimes customer support can be a little slow, but they always get back to you and there is a self service help desk which is great too.