Onspring Reviews

4.8 (59) Write a Review!

About Onspring

Onspring's Audit Management software puts you in control of your entire IA process. User-friendly, easy setup and fully configurable.

Learn more about Onspring

Onspring ratings

4.7
5.0
4.6
4.8

9.3/10

Onspring has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 59 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Onspring before?

Michelle
Michelle
Vendor Manager in US
Insurance Software, 10,000+ Employees

Great tool and easy to use

Comments: OnSpring has allowed us to manage projects, contracts, and vendors in a whole new way. No longer are items stored in multiple areas, they are all right in here in one easy to use tool. The team at OnSpring is extremely helpful and the best group of people to work with. They are extremely flexible and understood our needs from the start. I cannot say enough about this company overall.

Pros:

OnSpring is honestly THE easiest software to use. Right from the start the layout is appealing and not overwhelming at all. Without any formal training, a user can quickly figure out how to use it and be up and working in no time.

Cons:

At this point, I cannot think of a downside to the software. Everything we have needed OnSpring to do, it does!

2 years ago

Thank you for providing such a great review of Onspring! We are glad to hear the software platform has been so beneficial for your organization. And, we're just as delighted to hear about your positive experience with our team. We appreciate your partnership with us and always, your feedback.

Information Security in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent GRC solution - Highly recommend!

5.0 last week New

Comments: Onspring is making our risk much easier to define and report. We previously had so many disparate processes and functions that it was difficult to report risk accurately.

Pros:

- Consistent improvement with new updates and releases- Everyone at Onspring is great work with- Ease of use- Out of box features

Cons:

- When delegating a survey to someone else, Onspring should dynamically update the email that goes to the delegate for you. It will send the email addressed to the initially assigned person unless you adjust it. Onspring allows you to adjust it, but it seems they should automatically update the name instead of keeping the original person's name. Adjusting the email could be easy to miss; therefore, you send an email to the delegate addressed to yourself.- The timeout function needs to be adjusted. It appears to let you continue your session, when it does not.

malika
Analyst in US
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

My Onspring review

Comments: Not bad

Pros:

easy to use, appealing to the eye, central location for all projects

Cons:

Needs more dashboard elements, Burndown charts, the metrics needs to change accordingly with selection in report

8 months ago

Malika - Thanks for taking the time to post this review; we really appreciate it. I'm going to ask your Customer Success Manager to contact you to help with dashboard elements, as I believe there are ways he can help you create exactly the type of reports and metrics you're looking to show. And if not, we'll take it up with our product team!

Olivia
Vendor Manager in Canada

Onspring Review: Olivia Blackburn

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I love using Onspring. Our consultants (Tutela) are great, and very knowledgeable. The Onspring essentials training has helped for me to do development work on my own.

Pros:

The ability to customize the software on your own in whichever way you need it to work for your organization.

Cons:

esignature platform is currently missing.

2 months ago

Thank you for leaving a review of Onspring, Olivia! And we appreciate your input on the esignature functionality; we have that in the works for 2024 features!

Scott
Mgr. Int'l Compliance and Regulatory Support in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

6 month User Experience Thus Far

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My team loves the platform, the ease of use, and the capabilities. We are looking forward to see how we can do more.

Pros:

Ability to self-develop and implement changes on the fly. Ability to adapt the software to the needs of our various teams.

Cons:

Learning how to implement some of the training to our specific needs. The training is easy to follow but trying to tailor it to our needs is a little challenging.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback Scott! Glad to hear how you're adapting Onspring to meet the needs of your teams.

Stephanie
Program Deliver Lead in US
Insurance Software, 10,000+ Employees

Scalable, Powerful Solution with no IT experience required

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My experience has been very positive. The customer service and support teams are friendly and incredibly helpful. The solutions we've implemented have streamlined our vendor management, contract management and projects management processes. We have flexible reporting at our fingertips that allows our teams to tell our story to any audience.

Pros:

It is a highly flexible tool that can customized to work for any business need. The out of box solutions are well-thought out and offer a great starting point for any use case. It is intuitive and offers a clean interface.

Cons:

When I think of potential enhancement ideas they are addressed through a forum that is used for future builds.

2 months ago

Thank you for sharing your experience of Onspring with others, Stephanie.

Jason
Director in US
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

My Favorite Product Ever

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Outstanding - always a pleasure, always fun.

Pros:

Number 1: It works. Exactly as I need it to and expect it to. It performs. and it lets me be creative when solving problems. Number 2: The people at Onspring are second to none - they care, they love what they do and they truly love their customers.

Cons:

That I can't use it 100% of my day. I wish I had more time in my day to use it.

2 months ago

Wow - What a great review Jason. We really appreciate you taking the time to post your experience with Onspring. And are glad that you have had such a great experience with not only the software platform but our people.

Ed
Cyber Security Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Onspring Survey - A must for organizational GRC Initiatives to Meet Internal Audit and Compliance Re

5.0 last month New

Comments: It is a very easy product to use from startup.

Pros:

The software is easy to use, and the networking and dashboard functions are so valuable along with the customized reporting.

Cons:

Need to be able to import NIST SP800-53, SP800-66, and NOST Cybersecurity Framework easier. Most organizations are using NIST Standards and Guidelines to secure their organization and audited internally and externally against these Standards. CMS audits organizations against NIST in the Healthcare industry so it is very important for us to incorporate into Onspring.

last month

Thank you for leaving this review Ed. We're glad you enjoy Onspring so much. I've also provided your import information to our product team to include in our product roadmap. Most of our customers do use us to track NIST, ISO, and others, so this upgrade would help you, alongside everyone else. Thanks again.

Sandra
Sandra
Director, Compliance in US

Onspring to the Rescue!

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

Ability to integrate various data sets and establish meaningful connective tissue!

Cons:

No complaints! After attending essentials training, was able to navigate it with ease.

2 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Onspring, Sandra.

Ross
Internal Audit Project Manager in US
Utilities, 201-500 Employees

Onspring Value

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I've found Onspring very ease to use & deploy. It brings value to all business areas, and helps bring different areas of a company together. The customer support is excellent and they continue to evolve and add new features / solutions.

Pros:

Easy to deploy, customize, & scale. Excellent customer service with everyone trying to understand your needs, and how to deliver value.

Cons:

Nothing major as Onspring has easily met and exceeded our expectations.

last month

Thank you for posting a review of your experience with Onspring, Ross. We are glad we are meeting your expectations and helping you find ways to add value across your organization.

Nishanth
Principal Security Architect in
Computer & Network Security, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The nuts and bolts of GRC program

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

When we wanted to build a foundation for our GRC program, we wanted to align it with a strong technology platform to be pillar, after evaluating multiple platforms we went ahead with Onspring as our first choice as it enabled integration with our existing controls and processes stack The hierarchical build is a mechanism we leveraged across multiple applications and a customized dashboards helped reporting to the board easily.

Cons:

The manual intrusive work that has to be done when configuring the applications.

7 months ago

Nishanth - We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your experience with Onspring. One of the awesome benefits of Onspring is the ability to customize the platform to fit any unique process, report or business need without using developers. Complete custom creations can take time to do them well, so I hear you on the manual work comment. That being said, we have existing templated solutions you can always start with to speed up your customization process. Please feel free to reach out to your customer success manager at any time to get a view of those templates to see if they are a good starting place for your business.

James
CISO & DPO in US
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees

Highly customizable BPA and GRC tool

Comments: I brought Onspring to three companies to help me start NIST CSF, RMF, and SCRM and NIST privacy programs from scratch. At one company, I used it to satisfy GDPR data requests. This platform, for me, is the best balance of customization and built-in capability.

Pros:

The Onspring user interface is remarkably easy to intuit. The admin interface is also easy to navigate. Built-in apps require little customization. Original functionality is straightforward to design. Security controls (including retention) is perfect. Most importantly, the distance between licensing it and using it is very short, depending on your use case. For traditional GRC functions, you can get started almost as soon as your tenant is provisioned.

Cons:

I feel that there is more "measurement" than "metrics" DEFAULT capability in Onspring. For instance, it can count the number of incidents you have each month, but it can't easily give you a single trending value (thumbs up or thumbs down, for instance) based on those measurements. The process to add values to lists is cumbersome when needing to add large amounts of data.

7 months ago

James - We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave this thorough review of Onspring. And thank you for providing the input on the measurement vs. metrics. Our Product team is working on a direction to incorporate more robust business intelligence methods into our platform, so I'll keep you posted on what shakes out of this discovery and development plan.

Manger - Data Analytics in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Flexibility

Pros:

The product is quite flexible. It can be applied for a variety of use cases. Once you have your apps matured, reporting becomes streamlined.

Cons:

The interface for reports development can be a bit challenging at times. If you have a lot of fields in your apps, searching for them when building/filtering a report can be a struggle.

2 years ago

Michael, thanks for providing a review of Onspring. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on what it's like to be a customer - and we are very happy to be your 'neighbor.' I'm going to take your 'report creation' feedback to our product team to discuss options on improving the experience. Thanks again!

Rhonda
Compliance Officer in US
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees

Optimize efficiency with user friendly software

Comments: We use Onspring to manage and automate a number of our compliance processes including logs, compliance testing, audit testing, regulatory filings, pre-approval forms and workflows. We add new use cases to it every year.

Pros:

Onspring allowed us to create bespoke solutions that optimize our current processes and workflows. End-user adoption has been high and all users find the solution intuitive and easy to use with very little training. If you can read, you can use Onspring. I love the ability to continue leveraging the data we have in the system to create new time-saving solutions for little to no capital outlay. The system is incredibly flexible and if I miss adding a field that is needed for metrics or other purposes, I can add it myself and begin using it immediately. You truly can configure the system to do almost anything you would like it to. The Onspring platform is meant to be customized, so the applications work well and don't experience some of the problems that customization creates in other systems. The more you use the platform, the more ways you find to leverage it to save time.

Cons:

There is very little I do not like about the software. Quite often the features I hoped for to make administration or use of it easier are added to new updates. Quite often, I didn't even know that I wanted an upgrade to functionality until they create it and make the system even better than it already was. One downfall though is that infinite scrolling was added in the most recent update and it has slowed down my ability to get to the record that is needed. Rather than being able to click on page three of my dashboard report, I have to scroll and wait for the system to load the second and then the third page of results. Although I consider it a minor issue, there is no ability to define column size in reports, so dashboard reporting does not always use real estate as efficiently as I would like. Any other system limitations are easily dealt with through good design upon setup.

2 years ago

Wow! Thank you for such a great review! It's always wonderful to hear how easy it is for our customers to adjust their configuration of Onspring to fit their individual use cases and business needs. And we really value the transparent feedback on dashboard columns and infinite scrolling. This type of direct information is exactly what helps us refine enhancements for this year's product roadmap. Appreciate you taking the time to write this!

Global Infosec Risk Manager in US
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees

Straightforward and flexible

Pros:

The licensing model is simple and straightforward that allows for post-deployment flexibility and growth. This is very valuable in the SaaS space, as it becomes increasingly more complex. It comes with a lot of functionality built out of the box, but can be reshaped to fit most processes you can think up. The education and support from the OnSpring team is outstanding. They are truly partnered in understanding your problem and helping you build a solution to meet it. It's very easy to learn and use. Within a week of purchasing we were able to launch simple processes in the platform and realize immediate value. This was instrumental in gaining executive buy-in with the product, as most are burnt out on 6-12 month implementations before realizing an ROI.

Cons:

It misses some of the logic functions you see in more advanced platforms. The licensing approach can be a double-edged sword as you can't allow for read-only access without utilizing a full license. Feature releases are done roughly quarterly, which means there is a significant delay between when feature need is realized and when it's delivered. Lacks the functionality to build a public facing user portal. They use surveys to accomplish this, but they are unwieldy since the URL changes every time you update the survey.

8 months ago

Michael - Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough review of Onspring. We take pride in our ability to fully deliver on customer needs and use cases. We also appreciate you providing input on functionality we could improve upon; this is invaluable to our product team, which is constantly looking for additional ways to add value and improve your experience.

Drew
IT Audit Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best in Class Audit Management Software

Comments: Our team is able to work in a single system that includes all facets of their job responsibilities, including risk assessment, engagement planning, project management, and fieldwork. Reporting is streamlined and extremely easy to modify as needs change.

Pros:

Onspring is exceptionally easy to deploy and use with minimal training. The intuitive nature of the product and customizable functionality meant we were able to quickly spin up experiences for our internal auditors, managers, and business stake holders that are tailored to their needs and functions.

Cons:

Onspring uses a common text field functionality that, like almost all others that I am aware of, occasionally has issues in rendering copy/paste text from MS Word. This is not just an Onspring-specific issue and the Onspring editor does include a "clear formatting" button that fully addresses this concern.

8 months ago

Drew - Thank you for posting a thorough review on the Onspring platform and your experience utilizing our solutions to fit your organization's needs.

Daniel
Director of Internal Audit in US
Banking, 51-200 Employees

Review

Comments: I use this product for internal audit at the bank I work at. We store our workpapers in it for audits we perform. We do our risk assessment in it. We track findings and do our schedule in Onspring. We use it to maintain our list of key internal controls for COSO and document our testing of those controls monthly in this tool.

Pros:

The product is very customizable and easy to understand once you learn it is a relational database with a user interface of easy to understand charts/graphs on top of it.

Cons:

Mapping feature - this one is new but additional features to customize map overlays based on census tract information would be useful in mapping.

8 months ago

Daniel - Thank you for providing such a thorough review of Onspring. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post this and also appreciate your suggestion on the geographical mapping use case. Our product team will be looking into this!

Jon
IT Audit Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best Audit Software

Comments: I could not speak more highly of OnSpring's staff. All interactions have been great. Our implementer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been the secret to our success, and we are very thankful for her!

Pros:

The OnSpring system is very customizable. The out-of-the box solution will lay the foundation for using the system for your audit department. From there, you can customize almost every functionality of the system to facilitate your processes.

Cons:

With the ability to customize the system comes complexity. You must analyze, design, and really understand your processes before you begin your implementation. Luckily, our OnSpring implementer is very knowledgeable of the system, as well as the audit profession, and she did a great job helping us make the system work as we needed.

Neil
Head of Procurement in Canada

All in one place

Comments: Honestly fantastic, support is incredible. Where else in your career have you seen, Procurement, Vendor Management, Compliance, Risk and IT Security all in one tool ?

Pros:

The Software is easy to use and to create new forms, dashboards and reports.

Cons:

At time the coding language shortcoming requires you to use inverse logic example instead of turn right, you have to turn left 3 times (equivalent to turn right)

7 months ago

Neil - We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of Onspring. I love your quote about never before having procurement, vendor, compliance, risk, and IT all in one tool until you had Onspring. That is what our goal was when we started building the platform, so it is always great to hear that we are truly helping businesses move faster and easier. I need to dig into your coding language comment because my spidey-senses assume there is an easier way to achieve what you are looking to accomplish. I'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out to see how we can improve your logic methodology. Thanks again - really appreciate you.

Aaron
Sr. Director, Enterprise Risk and Internal Audit in US
Insurance Software, 201-500 Employees

Multi Faceted, Easily Customized Solution with Excellent Service

Comments: Great way to break through the often disparate silos of GRC. Data in the tool can be leveraged in multiple ways. It meets you where your program maturity is, rather than forcing you into a framework or methodology that doesn't fit.

Pros:

Easy to use configure and change. Multiple use cases available out of the gate. Service, education, and community of users.

Cons:

Dashboards are good, but would like to have built in integration with Power BI (although can export data to Power BI)

7 months ago

Aaron - Thank you for posting this review of Onspring. I'm going to send your Power BI integration over to the product team to discuss. I know they have multiple integrations planned for this year, I'll give them a heads up Power BI is at the top of your list.

Julie
Senior IT Auditor in US
Furniture, 10,000+ Employees

Onspring delivers versatility, flexibility and tons of Business Solutions!

Comments: We replaced our Audit Software for a great cost reduction, administration resource reduction and complexity reduction. We streamlined our Audit process within Onspring very quickly, start to finish, easily within 3 months so we could cancel our old license/agreement. we are very happy with it, and we know we can expand on this to include more when we are ready.

Pros:

It was far less expensive and complicated than our previous Audit Planning & Tracking software! It cut out probably 10-20 hours a week of Administration effort! I love that it is Compliance Tracker, an Audit software, an Issues and Incident manager, a GRC tool, A vendor and contract management tool and MORE....you can have them help you, as much, or as little as you want.

Cons:

If you understand coding and HTML, it helps you help yourself; but the Onspring family is also there to help.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience using Onspring. And I truly appreciate the quantification of how we've helped your team and organization - it's always great to see measurable results with our customers.

Becca
Risk & Compliance Technical Specialist in US
Insurance Software, 201-500 Employees

Best Bang for your Buck

Comments: Our company had left a previous provider due to issues with the platform and customer service. We've been blown away by the experience we've had after selecting Onspring.

Pros:

Out of the box options available and full customization options - we were able to decide how much time and effort to apply to customization before implementation. End users are happy with the ease of use. Management is happy with the reports and export capabilities. As an admin, the trainings Onspring conducts and the customer service Onspring provides is extremely helpful and this is, in my opinion, what really makes them standout.

Cons:

Some of the webinars they offer fall short, but the webinars are an added bonus anyway. Onspring provides an app to give feedback and request enhancements - so they're aware of areas to improve. They're transparent about if/when the enhancement will be considered or implemented!

8 months ago

Becca - You are the best. None of us at Onspring could ask for a better review description than "Best Bang for your Buck." We truly appreciate you taking time out of your day to post a review of Onspring. And appreciate your candor about webinar content - I'd like to follow up with you on this front to understand what we could provide that would be more beneficial in this area.

Internal Audit Manager in US
Automotive, 5,001-10,000 Employees

My Onspring experience

Pros:

For my role, the two features I find most helpful are the workflow capabilities and dynamic documents. Other groups in my organization use Onspring solely for the survey functionality. And while not software related, I have found their customer success group to be extremely helpful.

Cons:

Within dashboards, there is currently no ability to permanently change the width of a column (similar to what you'd do in Excel). That can impact the view of longer text fields.

2 years ago

Appreciate you taking the time to share your Onspring experience. Thank you for the specific insights on how you use our software, which helps others understand how they should think about applying automation to their own workflows, assessments, and report creation. Our customer service team will be pleased to hear of your positive experience. I will share your comment about the column width with our product team. In our most recent product release, we rolled out automated column sizing, which helps when you have longer field text; however, it isn't an end-all solution if there are many columns in the space. First, I wanted to make sure you were aware of that product update, and second, I'll revisit unique column width options with our product team to see how we can accommodate in our roadmap.

Teddy
IT GRC Advisor in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Using Onspring

Comments: We have all of our material processes in Onspring. It provides management with a single dashboard for visibility.

Pros:

Ease of configuration; very low learning curve, end user adaptability; help section

Cons:

There is not anything that I dislike about Onspring. If possible, I would use it for personal items as well.

2 years ago

Thanks for sharing your feedback with others! We really appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience using Onspring.

Jeff
CEO in US
Food Production, 11-50 Employees

Finally. Software that works the way we need it.

Comments: We need to maintain close relations with our vendors across every aspect of our business. With Onspring we can easily flex their out-of-the-box solution to fit our business processes instead of having to change the way we work. We were up and running quickly with Onspring. Our implementation allows for complete visibility to all our vendors and customize information specific to our industry (food). We run management processes, track products / costs, and maintain dashboards of key metrics. We like Onspring so much, we're building out most of our business processes on the platform. This solution goes way beyond Vendor Management to fit our core operating needs.

Pros:

Ease of use, flexibility, and the ability to quickly customize the platform to our business - without having to write code or pay out the nose for consultants. Just some basic training and we're up and running. Also, Onspring's support is outstanding for any issue, big or small, that we run into.

Cons:

We haven't discovered many points of friction.