Canada Local product

Wagepoint Reviews

4.6 (219) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About Wagepoint

Simple online payroll software built for small businesses in US and Canada and the accountants and bookkeepers who support them.

Learn more about Wagepoint

Pros:

Additionally, I initially liked what I thought was a straightforward and user-friendly interface.

Cons:

Sorry; they're formatted completely differently and unable to be modified.

Wagepoint ratings

4.6
4.7
4.4
4.6

9.0/10

Wagepoint has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 219 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Wagepoint before?

Tracy
Tracy
Technology and Operations Manager in Canada

Wagepoint to the rescue

Comments: Great customer service and easy use of product.

Pros:

As an accounting firm that processes payroll for many clients, it's nice to have a payroll software that is easy to use. Our clients love the online portal and we love that employees can update their own personal information. Wagepoint support is great, and helps us with the set-ups that are less straight forward. Thanks to Wagepoint year ends are a breeze.

Cons:

Reporting, I wish list would be that when I find a report that I like that there would be a way to bookmark the report. Also better reporting that shows the remittances made to Quebec and Federal. Right now this all in on report. Also an approval process, so that once I have submitted payroll, that there was a final approval process by the client.

3 years ago

Hi Tracy, Thanks for the great review. Your feedback on the reports will be shared with the team. Michelle

Kaitlen
Bookkeeper/Payroll Associate in Canada

Must Use Payroll Software

Comments: Wagepoint is our go-to payroll processor. It is super user-friendly, for both myself as the administrator and for our client's employees. We have 16 of our clients on Wagepoint, and that number is continuously growing as it's the processor that we recommend if our current/new clients are looking for a change, or haven't even started on payroll yet.

Pros:

Wagepoint is extremely user friendly. They make all the functions super easy to find and navigate around the pages. Their customer support is extremely professional, and I have only ever had wonderfully helpful people. You are able to integrate to QBO and "push" your payroll journal entries to your payroll clearing account. Super easy to reconcile! Wagepoint submits ROEs, T4s, source deductions, WSIB, and EHT on your behalf. Never have to worry about manual payments!

Cons:

Wagepoint is still growing, and it has some functionalities that are still in the works, such as being able to break out CPP and EI in a journal entry for separate departments, or being able to pull in project codes and times from T-Sheets to classify employee's work times automatically instead of manually. All of the basic+ functionalities work wonderfully though. The only viable method of customer support is through email, which can take a while if something is super urgent. Calling in can get you an 'urgent' status, but you still have to wait for someone to contact you back instead of being able to talk to someone on the spot.

Monika
Receptionist in Canada
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

To the Point

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Every day use is quick and easy and only takes seconds to input hours. Super useful and easy access to paystubs and T4's as well as employment info.

Pros:

So easy to use and browser usage and localized employment info.

Cons:

The App starts off with having a Pin set up for access, and no way to change said pin or set a new one Via the Browser.

Product Owner in Canada
Internet, Self Employed

Mistake made by Wagepoint in RL-1 Tax File at the same time as tax season started

1.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Normally I would have posted something positive, but please take a look at the CON instead before thinking about using Wagepoint.

Cons:

The main reason why I'm posting this review: After receiving instructions to send the RL-1 tax file to the government before a certain date, I mailed it as soon as it was ready.Two days after it was mailed, I received an email from Wagepoint telling me that they made a mistake in the tax file. Their solution? Don't mail it. A little too late for that.I now have no option but to wait for Wagepoint to respond. It's unacceptable to have a company dealing with taxes to send out "mistakes".

Julia
Office Admin, Payroll, Boookeeper in Canada
Construction, 11-50 Employees

user-friendly, excellent support. Functional

Comments: I am happy with this software so far. And I like easily and quickly reachable support when I need them.

Pros:

I like the clear layout of all functions, including reports. after ADP - it is a relief to use reports here. Flexible in different payment options

Cons:

I'd like the software to add functions: to calculate Union dues automatically based on hours worked (not on the amount of earnings). to calculate HST automatically for contractors To add the option "Vacation" paid to Contractors. Unionized contractors have 10% VacPay - I add it manually every week, together with Unions dues and HST

4 months ago

Hi Julia, Thank you very much for your review. We are extremely happy to hear that Wagepoint has made payroll that much easier for you. Whether it's the good, the bad, and everything in between, we care about your feedback and value your insights about how we can do better. Your feedback will be passed into the hands of the correct people so that we can look to improve our platform.

Gerry
Co-Owner in Canada

Service Extraordinaire!

Comments: The AWESOME support team provides answers almost instantaneously for any questions or concerns. This type of response and caring are beyond my wildest dreams. Very seldom have I had to wait beyond 24 hours for a response, which may ask for further clarification of the question or it could be the needed answer and action requirements are spelled out for dealing with the problem at hand.

Pros:

Wagepoint is very user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons:

Silly as it may sound.....the pulldown menus....not being able to use the "triangle" and having to just click into the box has played havoc with my mind. There used to be a "knowledgebase" where you could go and easily find a solution to your problem without having to overthink how I need to ask the question to get an answer, before having to send out a note to the support team. This has now gone by way of the dodo bird and quite honestly I feel it should be revived.

3 years ago

Hi Gerry! Thanks so much for your positive review. In relation to your concern about our knowledge base - we switched systems a few months back, so the KB is now housed at wagepoint.kayako.com. You'll be able to find all our updated articles there for your reference :) We appreciate you being a customer and sharing your feedback! Please reach out if you have additional questions or recommendations. Thanks again! Erika

CEO in Canada

Best Payroll processor for Canadian integrated SME

Comments: Easy to setup, easy to use (if integrated and hell if you're manually entering payroll data).

Pros:

Takes care of all fiscal matters, ROE, and integrates with Collage & Quickbooks Online.

Cons:

Importing data is ridiculously badly implemented. Logic around hours worked should be improved (defaults to expected work week - holiday or vacation hours). Obscure vacation hour impact leading to potential double pay if not careful. Absolutely requires holding a payroll auxiliary to sanity check Wagepoint.

Isaac
Isaac
Implementation Specialist in Canada

Very pleased

Comments: I have been very pleased with the level of support I have received. In particular, Wagepoint did a great job solving an issue after the recent transition in November 2020 out of "QBO advanced payroll."

Pros:

I am grateful for the automatic export of journal entries to QBO and the employee classing features which help a lot with management accounting and generating reports.

Cons:

The setup is a bit challenging and the price is a bit steep for my smaller clients.

Accountant in Canada
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Does everything you need

Comments: I recommend Wagepoint to all my clients. It is easy to reach customer support and use.

Pros:

This software does everything you need it to do - it definitely competes against the market leaders (Ceridian, ADP) and is significantly less expensive.

Cons:

I would like some more advanced reporting options.

Kj
Project Manager in Canada
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use and convenient

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Wagepoint has increased our communications surrounding HR and payroll, removing a barrier to paystubs for employees

Pros:

As an employee, I find Wagepoint a convenient tool for accessing my paystubs at any time, while also receiving an email notification when it's been ready to be viewed. It has an easy-to-use portal that allows you to update your banking details and personal information at any time too.

Cons:

I really like the simplicity of this software, but I wish there was an app for mobile phones as well

Lindsay
HR Manager in Canada
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Great Customer Support

Pros:

Easy to use with tracking hours and importing into the bi-weekly processing.

Cons:

Processing Terminations and ROE's is done after processing rather part of the processing. It's an extra step and can easily be missed.

Monika
Certified Professional Bookkeeper/Payroll Compliance Practicioner in Canada
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Best Payroll Service out there!

Comments: I can rely on Wagepoint to be able to process payroll efficiently and accurately on a daily basis. If I need help, the support team is there to answer any of my questions and or solve anything that is out of the ordinary.

Pros:

We are a mid-size accounting and bookkeeping firm and payroll is a large part of our services for both Canadian and US payroll. Wagepoint is the most efficient, easy to use, cost-effective and accurate payroll service on the market. The reporting is great and the support team is fantastic! I never have to worry about payroll processing. Our clients love that the employees have their own log on to retrieve paystubs and annual T-slips and W-2 slips. Overall - best quality payroll service out there!

Cons:

None so far and I have used this service over 3 years!

3 years ago

Hi Monika, We are beyond delighted that you and your clients are so happy. Payroll is mission-critical and it doesn't have to be a pain. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Michelle

Laurie
Controller in Canada

Exceptional Customer Service

Comments: Impressive customer service. I've used it for years, and I find they are quick to respond if you have questions or concerns. I had a problem yesterday trying to get a new employee paid (which had absolutely nothing to do with Wagepoint). Instead of telling me "sorry, you need to fix this on your side before we can pay them", they came up with a resolution within three hours of me calling the customer service line as well as keeping me updated every step of the way. It involved a couple of other departments to sort it out so the speed of finding a resolution was amazing - just killer customer service by their entire team! Can't thank them enough and highly recommend Wagepoint.

Pros:

It's simple to set up and extremely easy to use; easily exported into accounting software (Xero), therefore saving a ton of work posting manual payroll journals. It's also very cost effective compared to other providers.

Cons:

It would be great if the departments assigned in to employees exported over to the department field in Xero. Department is noted in the description though, so it's straightforward to add it myself, but would be good if that was automated. I'd also like to see employee self-onboarding i.e. I enter name, SIN, salary and the employee gets invited to input the rest of the info.

Kathy
Owner in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

Love this product

Comments: Previous to Wagepoint I would use the online government calculator to calculate payroll expenses, never sure I did it right. I would have to do each employee separately and remember all the deductions or codes that applied to them. I then had to e-transfer funds. With e-transfer limits it would take 2 or 3 days to get everyone paid so I have to start on the 12 or 13 of each month and again on the 29 and 30th. This has been heaven. It took a learning curve and a few rough spots. You never know how good customer service is until you need it. They talked through my frustration and always understood how important paying my amazing staff was. They had several options available to them should a mistake happen. This is when I truly knew the type of company I was dealing with. I recommend them because they are there in the good and bad moments. That is true customer service.

Pros:

I love that I can pay my staff in one transaction, the payroll taxes are paid for me and I can break down the different jobs they do to show the hours correctly.

Cons:

I wish that we could show days the staff worked and add the actual charters they did (the name of the place) this would make it better for charter drivers. Same with school runs, if I could put the route and if it was am and pm or just am and the days it would help the drivers see it better.

Phil
Accountant in Canada

WagePoint Satisfied

Comments: The support teams are fantastic! Timely, personal interactions. WagePoint's ability to respond to the coronavirus government programs and processing of ROE's was impressive!

Pros:

Remittances to CRA ROE submissions T4's

Cons:

Best practice needed to integrate with QBO for benefit deductions, vacation pay accruals, other miscellaneous deductions.

3 years ago

Hi Phil, Thank you so much for the kind words. It's a pleasure having you as a partner as well! -Michelle (Marketing & Relationship Manager)

Krista
Director of HR in Canada

The best choice for a small - medium business

Comments: We have been with Wagepoint for almost 3 years now. There are a couple of features that I would like to see added, but otherwise the UI and functionality are quite good. The thing that really sets Wagepoint apart is their customer service. I am always impressed by their attentiveness, accessibility and ability to fix all of my problems!

Pros:

The customer service and the intuitive UI. I also really appreciate the reminder emails.

Cons:

I would like the software to pro-rate pay if I have a new employee starting mid pay period. I would also appreciate the option to rollback the payroll if I catch an error (however, their CS can do that for you if you ask!).

6 years ago

Hi Krista, Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are actually working on a mid-cycle feature that will prorate the pay based off an employee's hire date, even if they start mid pay period. We'll be sending out an email notice when this feature is released along with some other exciting updates :) It is feedback like yours that helps us improve our product. Thank you for all your support. Cheers, Leena

Dana
Payroll/ HR Admin in US
Retail, 201-500 Employees

One of the Best Payroll Softwares

Comments: Wagepoint is very easy to use and has always provide the most accurate info and reporting. Not only is it an amazing payroll software but their customer support is the best I've ever seen. I never have to worry about running into problems because I know that they will respond quickly and help me resolve and issues I have.

Pros:

This software is extremely user friendly, it provides reminder emails, I am able to customize payroll and the deductions needed, and the customer support is the best I have ever experienced.

Cons:

I do not have any complaints with this software. On the rare occasion that i have an issue, their customer support if on top of it. I never have to wait and always receive a quick response.

Laura
Partner in Canada
Accounting Software, 51-200 Employees

Very fast responses!

Comments: Great - we love the software and the customer service!

Pros:

The team at Wagepoint is amazing and their response time is impressive! We have contacted them twice in the last two days and they have responded back within minutes. The software is so easy to use!

Cons:

The one thing I would recommend is that Administrator's have the ability to update their team members and the ability to assign clients to those team members rather than having the whole team able to access all the clients. This would help from an internal controls perspective.

3 years ago

Hi Laura! Thanks for your positive review. We're so glad you've had a good experience with our support team! We take great pride in our friendly service. Per your note on internal controls, that's a great suggestion about assigning roles within your partner account. We're currently working on updating a number of features for accounting partners, so we will definitely take this feature into consideration. Thanks again! Erika

Shawna
President in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed

Amazing Support

Comments: Wagepoint support is AWESOME. They are quick to respond to my questions and needs, very helpful and knowledgeable, very thorough and honest in their answers, and so friendly! I would absolutely recommend this team to any small business owner, they are just wonderful.

Pros:

Everything an employer needs for payroll Set it up once, and it automatically handles payroll going forward Changes are at your fingertips Very reasonable fees compared to other payroll companies Great communications regarding deadlines, changes with holiday paycheck timing, etc.

Cons:

I don't know where to find everything in the software when I need to make a change - but that is only due to my lack of experience/training in the payroll process and infrequency using this product; this is where Wagepoint's wonderful support team comes in and talks me through, step by step, whatever I need.

Ben
Controller in Canada
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use and stress free

Comments: We originally used Sage Business Vision, a desktop product from the early 90's. It was garbage. Wagepoint allows me to spend time on important financial analysis rather then getting stuck in the weeds with payroll and remittances and missing filings. I never have to print out paystubs or T4's anymore. I can check it on vacation or send off-cycle payrolls in emergencies from anywhere with a browser.

Pros:

The support team is amazing. The UI is intuitive. The remittances are stress free now. It's quite flexible.

Cons:

There's not much not to like honestly. Maybe an easier way for employees to reset their own passwords when they forget them.

Laura
Owner in Canada
Wine & Spirits, 11-50 Employees

Helpful and Prompt Customer Support

Comments: Time saver for year end reports and remissions.

Pros:

Relatively easy to set up and implement. The customer support is also very competent and helpful.

Cons:

The reports you can generate are not particularly customizable (and often not very helpful). I am also a Canadian user and it does not apply provincial labour laws to payroll (just federal). I also use Deputy for our schedule and time sheets and the uploads are not ideal (overtime, holiday pay, and sick days all need to be manually entered and retracted from time sheet uploads).

Marc Eric
CEO in Canada

Best Canadian Payroll

Comments: LOVE wagepoint, always there to help and give assistance when you need it.
Super easy and clean

Pros:

Ease of use Clean interface Excellent service

Cons:

Partner program New client setup and onboarding

Lynda
Director in Canada
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

A life/time saver!

Comments: Nothing but positive things to say

Pros:

This software was so easy to use and so much better than our old payroll department which used to be onsite. Our payroll in never late, never has any mistakes.. human error is nil. we are also so thrilled with the customer service which answers immediately. Absolutely worth every penny!

Cons:

Nothing - we love everything about this product

Dana
Foreman in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Easy paycheck

Comments: It has saved ton of time and money and able to keep track of everything in one spot

Pros:

Keel up with timesheets do payroll all in one saves time and money

Cons:

Can't say anything negative at this time

Gurmohan
Office Manager in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Very Good Experience

Comments: Overall I have had a very good experience and if I ever need to I email the support team who are very prompt in responding

Pros:

I enjoy the step by step process in inserting my employees information and their salary is automatically generated. It’s very quick and not time consuming.

Cons:

I wish that each page would save automatically. You have to manually click the save button and if you leave the page without clicking that save button, you lose all the information entered and thus waste your time.

3 years ago

Thank you so much. It's great to hear from someone who's invested in smiles as much as we are.