About Tipalti

Complete payables automation, eliminating the manual processes related to paying suppliers and partners.

Learn more about Tipalti

Pros:

I also appreciate being able to create unique Payee ID's.

Cons:

Additionally, at times we're struggling with duplicate records since duplicate detection is based on ID and email.

Tipalti ratings

4.6
4.7
4.5
4.7

9.0/10

Tipalti has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 104 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Tipalti before?

Eran
Eran
CFO in Israel
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

Approve.com put us one step closer to adopting big-company workflows, without the complexity

Comments: my pain was mid-management were buying products without an organized approval workflow, and without them having transperancy as to how much of their budget is left on a monthly basis. I was afraid of implementing a process using our ERP as it's not friendly enough and I want to be an enabler of my peers - Approve.com definitely hit my sweet spot with their offering.

Pros:

- easy to onborad all the different stakeholders, no more approvals on slack or emails - transparecny on Actual vs. Budget for every stakeholder - suppliers onboarding saved us hours of the finance team every month

Cons:

- missing vitual credit cards - emails layout doesn't look good, images are too big etc. (I'm using MS outlook)

Azizah
Azizah
Office Management in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees

E2E payment solutions

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

CSV-based transaction files provide more distinguished adaptability. Our licensing software generates fees that may be simply formatted to coordinate with the transaction file's specifications. Tipalti has lessened the time it takes to collect and disperse quarterly royalties from days to hours.

Cons:

Among my complaints is that it is impossible to notify the approver that a rejected approval claim has been submitted. It might be helpful if invoices could be added to a pending payment order so customer can see the progress easily.

Bronson
Accounting Manager in U.S.
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Not a great solution combined with Teampay

Comments: Overall it started out pretty good. As volume started to pick up and required purchase orders to be created through Teampay, we started seeing blatant sync/connection issues with Netsuite.

Pros:

The software functions pretty well on it's own, and handles invoice processing and vendor payment easily.

Cons:

We had a ton of issues with our connection between Teampay/Tipalti/Netsuite. We were sold Tipalti and Teampay as a package deal and they definitely have not lived up to the promise. Both softwares would function better on their own, but they need each other to be a full end to end procurement software.

Alternatives Considered: Airbase

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti: Tipalti was Netsuite partner of the year and seemed a bit more mature.

Vilim
AP Manager in U.S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Tipalti review

4.0 last week New

Comments: Overall Tipalti is great software and help us with our AP processl.

Pros:

We use Tipalti for AP and it is working great as they provide great approval work flow and payment process.

Cons:

One of the issues is reporting as Tipalti provide only hand full of standard reports.

Alternatives Considered: Coupa Business Spend Management

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti: Price

Daysi Aileen
Daysi Aileen
Senior Staff Accountant in Dominican Republic
Sports, 51-200 Employees

Tipalti AP Solution Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, it's been a great experience. It's easy to use, the implementation process was all good and going through the platform is very smooth and user friendly. It has QBO integration, which facilitates the coding in our accounting system, saving us a lot of time.

Pros:

It's very user friendly, and gives you control of everything that goes on. As well is very easy to generate reports and the support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons:

There's some minimum for payments to specific countries that is kind of a limitation for the staff we have there which lead us to use other platforms. The 1099s have to be processed manually when working on the end of year filing.

Ahmet Yakup
Sales Marketing Manager in Turkey

Useful App

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

it really helped me in my sales work. I saw its effect in my account works. I'm sure users will be satisfied.

Cons:

Except for a few minor mistakes, I just found the customer service flawed, other than that it was a good experience.

Patrick
Finance Director in U.K.
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees

New User - Early Appraisal

5.0 last week New

Comments: Our AP controller left and we did not replace her. Tipalti automates half of what she was doing (setting up new suppliers, processing supplier invoices, setting up payment runs and actually paying suppliers) at a lower cost and the control environment is strengthened too.

Pros:

The product is pretty easy to use, the supplier management puts the emphasis on the suppliers to get details correct, and because they want to be paid they are motivated to do so. In addition, the control environment is strengthened with the screening of suppliers and the internal digital invoice approval process of invoices means budget accountability is strengthened. It also integrates very well with NetSuite, which is important as that is my book of record.

Cons:

The dashboard is not the best, it looks a bit out of date and could do with being refreshed. I would also like to see the product handle staff expenses and staff credit cards.

Abhay
Accounting Analyst in India
Accounting Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Account Payable

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My total experience was fantastic with Tipalti. I really love this application its very easy and reliable

Pros:

Invoice Processing as well in Vendor management

Cons:

After doing payment Filtration on payment page for vendor.

James
Director of Operations in U.S.
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees

Collective Eye Films - Tipalti Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: We've dramatically reduced the amount of time spend on payment processing and doing tax validation. Their customer service is excellent and the on-boarding was not very time consuming, though we had just completed another software process so we had a lot of our materials ready in advance.

Pros:

The flexiblity of the CSV based payment file. We can easily format our royalty payments coming out of our royalty software to meet the payment file. A quarterly royalty process used to take weeks, now with Tipalti and Curve Royalties it is a matter of hours with much higher customer satisfaction.

Cons:

Having a payee list in the payee area would be an improvement instead of needing to export a CSV. Similarly, it would be great to be able to select a payee and click some sort of 'issue single payment' button for those instances where you need to issue a quick payment. These are more feature enhancements that would make the software close to perfect.

Antonio
Data Center Operations Manager in U.S.
Information Services, 51-200 Employees

Easy to use, feature rich software suite

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to use, historic invoices are easy to access and review. User interface is de-cluttered and user friendly

Cons:

Not much, for the features I use the software performs fine.

Jill
Controller in U.S.
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees

International Payments Made Easy

Comments: Tipalti's implementation and support teams have been great throughout. We have realized cost savings in both personnel costs and foreign transaction fees. Tipalti has put our finance department one step closer to our goal of operational excellence.

Pros:

We love the user friendly interface and the ease of navigating around the system. Tipalti makes it easy to quickly view status of payments and invoices. Having one payment run for international and domestic payments reduces time and costs. It is fantastic having a completely paperless payable process!

Cons:

The OCR feature is just Ok. There is still a thorough invoice review by our internal accounting team. I have noticed over time that it is getting smarter. During implementation, registering vendors on the software was more work than anticipated, but we appreciate the fact that electronic validation of W-9s helps minimize work for our staff now.

Alternatives Considered: AvidXchange, Stampli, Bill.com and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti: International payments and was the most user friendly

last year

Hi Jill, Your positive and thorough review is so uplifting! Thank you for rating Tipalti a 10/10. It sounds like we have a little more to improve with the OCR technology, but also it's great to know that you're seeing improvements since you first started using Tipalti. We hope to continue making improvements to stay a perfect 10 for your team's workflow.

Eric
VP Product in U.S.
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees

Great way to pay worldwide

Comments: We've used Tipalti since their early days and have been very happy with the services and features. I was looking for a way to pay our research contractors who live worldwide. We've paid people in more than 100 countries and with that needed to improve the efficiency of the process. We also had a concern that our worldwide payments are in compliance with money transfer regulations.
Tipalti brought a terrific money transfer solution that's very efficient and supports a variety of payment options. We implemented Tipalti into our payment process and have since transferred millions of dollars worldwide.

Pros:

Our researchers love the lower fees compared to just PayPal payments and the variety of money transfer choices. It's dependable and our researchers get paid in a dependable manner. The ability to capture payment details and tax forms without the headache of PCI compliance has been a big help for us.

Cons:

Sometimes it would be nice if more of the configuration options were available in the actual application. There are some choices and options that are not easily known unless you go back and forth with support.

Catina
Accounts Payable Specialist in U.S.
Investment Management Software, 51-200 Employees

My POINT of view...

Pros:

I like the new ACH Debit feature that allows us to save time from manually transferring funds from our bank to Tipalti. This saves us a great deal of time! I also appreciate being able to create unique Payee ID's.

Cons:

One of the issues I have is when you need to cancel an approval request, you are not able to let the approver know that the request has been cancelled. I It would be nice to be able to add bills to a payment order that has already been scheduled. No option to chat with the Support team when needing to reach out to them. It appears the only way to reach them is via email.

CFO in Israel
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Great Product & Service

Comments: using tipalti has solved the administrative burden of managing payees and their payment info, allows for easy process of payments, additional users (account managers) have access and can easily understand and provide support to payees (including information on payments - paid or pending) without needing to connect account managers to company's accounting software (which is more complicated to use)

Pros:

ease of use, manages supplier payments in logical and comprehensive way - allowing to see current status and allows for payment planning, streamlines invoice approval process for payees, reduces significantly administrative effort to manage payee bank info (and tax-related docs), simple and easy process to issue payments

Cons:

some additional flexibility on managing customization of payments and ability to see in single view the unpaid balance of payees

Itamar
Controller in Israel

Tipalti - makes your life easy with accounts payables

Pros:

Self-billing / invoices Onboarding UX UI

Cons:

Should have an option to customize reports

Alternatives Considered: Payoneer

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti: Bills

Phan
Account Payable in U.S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

TIPALTI is my time saver

Comments: TIPALTI has saved a lots of my time on processing the payment on invoices

Pros:

I like the Automation how Tipalti read and memorize invoices and putting it to the appropriate Payee, portal, and also I love the Paperless idea.

Cons:

I wish Tipalti able to sync the PDF file along with the bill over to NetSuite

last year

Hi Phan! Thank you for leaving us such a positive review! We are thrilled to hear that we've helped you to save time on processing invoice payments. That's our goal!

HR & OPS in Israel
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees

Great solution for our needs!

Comments: My experience was just as I expected. it was easy to handle and to extract data from. it simplifies the procurement process for us as a cross global organisation and we can use one platform and get rid of the ticketing system which is not so easy to handle and to follow.

Pros:

What I like the most in this app that it simplifying the process of procurement for us and it is such an intuitive app to work with.

Cons:

For my opinion the issue is not the SW itself is it to educate the other departments that needs to use this app and transfer all the data there. the integration with other apps in our orgnization were great and run smoothly.

Valter
Head of Payments in Malta
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

Tipalti as a pristine gateway

Comments: Overall, the software and business is exceeding expectations and can be a value to any company in e-commerce or other financial obligation settlement needs.

Pros:

The streamlined and ergonomic interface, together with global reach and end-user CRMs, make the payment obligations such an easy task, it's pratically effortless.

Cons:

Ocassional payments stuck with less calrity on the reasoning.

Dylan
Finance in U.S.
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees

Great product!

Pros:

The software is very user friendly and automated.

Cons:

Having to fund our Tipalti account to pay vendors.

last year

Hi Dylan, We greatly appreciate your positive review of the product! The user-friendliness and automation capabilities are where we hang out hat, and I'm glad that you're finding value with us. Your feedback on the payments is also appreciated and I am passing it on so that we can continue to prioritise these enhancement ideas.

Reka
IT Support Specialist in Hungary
Publishing, 2-10 Employees

A user-friendly software for managing payments

Comments: Our business uses Tipalti to manage the payments of thousands of users located all around the world. They all use different currencies and have different tax requirements, but with the help of this software, this is extremely easy to oversee.

Pros:

I am a user of Tipalti who is not particularly well versed in finances, but the platform is so easy to understand that even I can use it with confidence. I also received excellent customer service from Tipalti numerous times.

Cons:

I cannot say that there is anything I dislike about the software. I haven't had any major negative experiences so far.

Dana
Business Applications Manager in Israel
Computer Networking, 201-500 Employees

Approve.com is an example why you would rather buy a saas solution then build one

Comments: Approve .com has a great team of people, they understand the business of purchasing very well. the product has a NS interface which was very fast to implement. I love it!

Pros:

intuitive, easy to implement, flexible and has cool UI! Support is quick.

Cons:

Approve is growing startup and they are missing some features as admin page but they are delivering new features very fast .

Alternatives Considered: NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti: Approve has a flexible approval cycle , much better UI and is very easy to use . no training is needed! An erp system would never be able to provide such an easy business flow which fits our requirement so Well.

Ana
Accounts Payable Manager in U.S.
Internet, 201-500 Employees

User friendly and great customer service

Comments: The customer service is always kind and attentive.

Pros:

Invoice processing efficiency has improved by 90%. Storing of invoices and tax documents, TIN validation and banking information is all in one place. Email inquiries have decreased dramatically.

Cons:

The implementation was not as smooth and seamless as we would have liked. The initial uploads created several duplicate vendors and not all invoices uploaded properly.

Peleg
Professional Services Associate in Israel
Financial Services Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great product - huge time saver!

Comments: First and foremost - it helped us decrease request processing time and remove hundreds of email threads per month. That alone is a worthwhile reason (bureaucracy is a speedbump for businesses).
It also gave us a window to look into vendor performance and spend patterns - which help us make the processes more efficient.
All in all - great product. needs a little adjustment for full automation but will highly recommend!

Pros:

The product is very easy to use, and the integration was very easy (including great help from the team!). It features a centralized and searchable vendor portal for all vendor data in an easy-to-use interface, and completes it with an automated vendor on-boarding process - which makes life super easy. The product also allows me to easily set up standardized PR and PO processes to streamline the end-to-end procurement cycle, which is a huge help.

Cons:

The feature I lacked most was automated file uploading. Currently, you have to manually upload files into the system each time. However, I've discussed with the team and they are working on it so very hopeful!

Josh
Accounting Manager in U.S.
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees

Excellent Software for Payments

Pros:

Our business uses Tipalti to manage the payments of thousands of users. We have found the service to be very user-friendly and is easy to onboard new vendors. It streamlines to payables function and increases the efficiency of our accounting team. Additionally their customer service is always quick to respond and help with any problems we have.

Cons:

If a vendor is not payable, it can sometimes be difficult to understand the cause. No automation of 1099.

U.S.
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

Straight Forward System!

Comments: Great system for the price. Overall great support when needed. Data is easily managed and we generally have a seamless AP schedule thanks to Tipalti.

Pros:

Easy to manage vendor payments Reconciliations are straight forward Payments are easily executed

Cons:

Lack of detail at times for error'd payments Lack of integration with our primary business bank provider - Bank of America