• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About Reftab

A customizable and full featured asset tracking platform. Easy to setup and use. Cloud based and mobile.

Learn more about Reftab

Chris H.
IT Services Manager
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-12

"Best-in-class Asset Management solution"

Comments: Reftab was simple to configure and even easier to manage. Our business enjoys the peace of mind knowing we are in control of the cost as we grow in users.

Pros: Reftab provides a powerful and cost-effective solution enabling us to keep track of our physical and digital assets across a distributed workforce.

Cons: I can identify very few cons in the time I've used this platform. The ability to deploy an agent to all hardware to automatically capture information would be nice but not necessary if managed well.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-12
Danny D.
IT Support Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-18

"Great inventory management system"

Comments: Again it's really about friendliness and folks that believe in their product.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], one of the founders, gave us a nice demo, highlighting features of how Reftab can work for us. At the end of the presentation, he was willing to come up with a package that would best suit the needs of our nonprofit.
I am the one to set up the inventory management system and corresponding lending library that will be used my many employees in the future. The software is intuitive where I can figure out a lot on my own. Sometimes I would look for help in the documentation, and there are also times I have discussions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about certain questions or things that will come up in the future. It's been a great experience so far, and I'm sure any company will have a good time with Reftab too.

Pros: There is a lot to like about Reftab.
It has a modern look and feel. It's software as a service, so there is nothing to download or install.
It's quite easy to use, but it's recommended to at least look through the documentation.
And the founders are always willing to help.

Cons: There is nothing not to like. But you must take time to learn how it works via documentation and experimentation.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-18
Matthew D.
IT Support Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-08

"Reftab is Worth It"

Comments: The Reftab team was extremely responsive to our inquiries and concerns. They made multiple immediate changes to design flaws we recognized. The system is streamlined and allows for configuration to your organization's needs. The price was extremely competitive. I would entirely recommend Reftab to anyone looking for an asset management system.

Pros: The best thing about this software, and why we original started using it, was its integration with JIRA, our ticketing system. Integration was seamless and gave us great insight into diagnosing issues with specific hardware.

Cons: It's intend use is to check out hardware on a "by user" basis. We have business office managers at our various locations who control and manage all hardware at the location. Since they could not assign hardware to them in the portal, we had to allow each advanced access, which allowed them access to areas we didn't want them to have.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-08
Heather S.
Technician
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-08

"RefTab - an awesome way to keep tabs on your assets."

Comments: I've been using RefTab since day one of its release. It's a an awesome product that every company should be on board with. Allows you to track your inventory easily from any device. It has changed the way I keep inventory. Definitely a worthwhile product for the money!

Pros: Simple, yet appealing UI.

Cons: None.

• Reviewed on 2016-12-08
Jackie P.
Admin Assistant
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-13

"Reftab Input"

Comments: Reftab is good so far, havent had any major issues.

Pros: Keep the Company very organized with the equipment that comes in and out of the office.

Cons: The Asset ID # don't automatically populate.

• Reviewed on 2020-07-13
Mihail L.
IT Network and Systems Administrator
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-19

"Nice Tool to keep your Assets tracked!"

Pros: Thousands of Pro. The most important that it keeps tracking all my assets.

Cons: Differently, I would say that I have Zero CONS.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-19
Kevin S.
Director of Quality Assurance
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-24

"High value cloud based asset management solution."

Comments: Reftab has offered an easy to setup cloud based solution for managing company assets that are located in multiple locations all over the world. The product is continuously improving with a responsive sales and support team behind it.

Pros: Cost effective asset management solution with desktop and mobile asset interfaces. Two factor authentication. Highly responsive service/support.

Cons: Would ideally offer some level of interface with Jira Service Desk.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-24
Technologist
Research, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-01

"Great software at a great price. Amazing customer service!"

Comments: Any issues that I came across during evaluation of the software was quickly and extensively answered by the support team. Amazing customer service.

Pros: There is a significant amount of functionality that can be tailored to your specific needs.

Cons: So far so good, at this time any questions or issues I had were resolved.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-01
Jean G.
Technology support specialist
Higher Education Software, 501-1,000 Employees

"Great tool to have"

Comments: They have an Amazing product.
They always provide great customer service. Its all for an affordable price.

Pros: Ease of use. Secured

Cons: Nothing everything was great.

Kevin S.
Director of Quality
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-25

"Great New Asset Management Tool"

Comments: I'd started w/ Reftab as a cloud based asset management tool for tracking and managing electric vehicle charging stations. I've also used Device42 then Insight by Riada as competing products because had developed integrations with Jira Cloud and Jira Service Desk Cloud for our task and service ticket management. Reftab continued to develop their product and has now integrated with Jira. Nice! The cost/month is currently less than 50% of the monthly subscription cost for competing products and the functionality and customer service are truly excellent for our asset tracking and management needs.

Pros: Great value for $
Integrates and Interacts with Atlassian Jira and Jira Service Desk (Provides link between the asset and any issues or tickets)
Bulk Import of existing asset information from existing tools.
Easy to setup new fields with different configurations.
Good filters to find what you are looking for quickly.
Mobile app/interface

Cons: The initial product did not integrate with Jira Service Desk. Reftab has since added this capability and setup was reasonably simple.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-25
Avishal P.
Station Analyst
Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-15

"Best Program on the Market"

Comments: The experience with Reftab has been fantastic, from the program to the management team. Everyone has been so helpful and flexible to tailor the program to work best for us. I would recommend this program to anyone who is looking to track all their assets have automated reports sent out.

Pros: The user interface is simple and easy to work with. Made it so much easier to locate assets that have been signed out to employees and track the usage. It was an easy transition for employees to start using the program and the training aspect was fast and easy. Reporting is fantastic by getting notifications of who has not turned in something.

Cons: I don’t have any Cons on the software because if I do find something missing the Reftab team is always available to try to find a way to get us what we are looking for.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-15
John V.
Strategic Systems Analyst
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-20

"Reftab and managing small and attractive assets"

Comments: We researched a number of solutions to manage our small and attractive assets before deciding on Reftab. As we started to push the boundaries in using this product, we discovered some limitations. When bringing these concerns to the attention of the developers, we have been very impressed by the positive response we receive every time. I now believe customer support provided by Reftab is one of its greatest strengths and I highly recommend this product to anyone looking at managing assets which are subject to being issued or loaned to staff.

Pros: Accessibility - Available in a browser at any location
Interface - The information is presented clearly and display is customisable
Auditing - Loan history and Changelog allow full audit trails to be maintained.

Cons: We are pushing the boundaries for which this product was designed. Initially we discovered some limitations when trying to import existing information and managing disparate assets such as security keys, power tools, surveying and safety equipment. These limitations have been addressed by the developers.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-20
Jamie S.
Music Department Manager
Music, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-17

"Great system with fantastic customer support!"

Pros: The Customer Service at Reftab is unbeatable. I am new to my Department and had issues with access. I had help within a few hours and they stuck with me until my problem was resolved.

Cons: I have no complaints. Reftab is easy to use and works great for tracking instruments in our Department.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-17
David W.
Technology Coordinator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-10

"Reftab - a great solution"

Comments: Asset tracking and reservations of assets

Pros: Technical support is excellent , fast and responsive

Cons: Could have more features, but the product is growing

• Reviewed on 2018-09-10
Roy H.
Director of Quality
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-17

"Flexible Asset Mangement app that handles multiple locations"

Comments: We needed a way to have all our locations and departments to be able to see and manage their equipment in real time. The flexibility of being able to have our end users report on the condition of equipment in the field was helpful. We found that the developers responded to questions and even added features that made our oversight even easier. I highly recommend this app!

Pros: Has facility to manage multiple locations and can assign different levels of security for the users from read-only to full edit.

Cons: Is not always clear how the different options affect how the information is captured.

• Reviewed on 2017-02-17
Ashley F.
Tech Support Specialist Senior
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-13

"Stellar Customer Support"

Comments: From the trial period to full implementation, we really have had a good experience. This system has vastly reduced the number of individual tasks we used to complete at each checkout and has helped to streamline and improve customer experience. I have reached out on approximately 4-5 occasions with questions and have always had a quick response time, with a solution to my question every time. We are about 4 months into our switch and I am satisfied with the solution for our campus.

Pros: The price of this software is definitely a win. We were previously using multiple home-built applications to fill this need. Moving from a home built to purchased application always comes down to value for the money.
The Customer Support has been prompt, friendly, and efficient. I have reached out a few times and have had near-immediate response times.
New features have become available since implementing this solution. I have seen options that I have inquired about implemented in the last 4 months. Impressive.
The setup and ease of use are paramount. We have a high turn over of student workers utilizing and learning to use this system. They caught on to this application so much faster than the multiple applications we were previously using that the training time has basically paid for the program already!

Cons: I wish the reporting features were as easy to navigate as checkouts are. They do not run in a way that is as intuitive to me. Especially when attempting to refine data into smaller increments. Automatic emails are great, and reduce the amount of individual notifications I need to send, but they could do with a slight improvement. There are terms coded into the auto emails to pull things like due date, asset name, or borrower name but not every email forms have the same terms. When I modified the email template the first time I removed some of those terms, and then could not remember exactly how they were worded to get them back. The support team has been great at quickly responding to emails to and providing fixes for any issues I have reported, but a 'cheat sheet' or about automatic emails section with the terms that can be used would be very useful.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-13
Frank C.
Systems Analyst
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-11

"Ideal tracking software"

Comments: We needed a product to keep track of our inventory of Ipods used by our housekeeping staff. We looked at other products from free to the overly tech heavy software. We just wanted something simple to use and to know when the equipment is in use and by whom. This product really filled our needs. Any questions we have are quickly addressed. We don't use half the features they offer, but if we ever do its nice to know they are there.

Pros: The simplicity of the product in setting up, training staff to use was quick and easy to use.
Tech support is awesome.

Cons: We've been using the product for about 8 months and so far we don't have any complaints.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-11
Roland Z.
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-05

"Most compact asset management tool"

Comments: I reviewed a bunch of asset management tools to use within our company. Reftab is the only one which is smooth to use and reduced to the really needed functionalities. What often is what you need. We decided to use that tool for our needs. There are some tiny points which can be improved like the data import/data export for Loanees and Devices. Some controls are maybe not placed very intuitive but after the first find and use, everything is fine. Overall a nice and good tool! A nice new feature would be to print out not only the QR-Code with a digital number next to it rather the QR-Code, Digital number, Company Name, Device Brand, Device Title and the possibility to format the output (e.g. like another Avery template like the L6011).

Pros: Smooth and reduced to the needed functionality.

Cons: Some controls are hard to find, only in the context of a location or the Import/Export functionality.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-05
Matthew M.
IT Asset Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-10

"IT Asset Management"

Pros: I like the way it handles asset entities, accessories and licenses. I also like the way it handles asset assignment as loans to loanees.

Cons: There are a few places where how to accomplish certain tasks isn't clearly obvious to the end user resulting in certain features not being noticed as a possibility to the user, but once you learn the interface and what all can be done it's pretty easy to work with.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-10
Tony K.

"So far no problems"

Comments: Used it for new asset purchases of a company and it worked well. Using smartphone I was able to gather data quickly.

Jamie L.
Office Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-13

"Office Administrator"

Comments: We are using Reftab to help us with inventory and to keep track of our items. So far this has been a great system for us!

Pros: One thing that is very helpful is the scanning feature on the app!

Cons: I wish I could format the Q-R codes a little easier.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-13
Robert W.
Associate Director IT
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-26

"Reftab is awesome"

Comments: I needed to find a solution to manage checkout hardware for staff and students. Anything from laptops to slide rulers. I checked into several options. Some free, some where the startup cost was over $5K. When I found Reftab, I was sold right away. It was so easy to get setup and it covered everything I needed. But then, there's the tech support and customer service aspect. Wholly cow, the Reftab team is on it!!! I've run into a few cases where I could use a feature. I submitted my use case and OMG, they developed it and implemented it. Now, if I asked for something that no one would use, mileage could vary, but they respond quickly and really seem to understand my needs as a customer. The product is great, but the support is what really sold me!

Pros: Reftab is really intuitive. I setup my first instance without needing any support and barely glancing at the documentation. I had a fully functioning demo running with assets and testing check in check out in about an hour of signing up for a demo account. The mobile app adds to that intuitive use.

Cons: I wish I could tie printing inventory labels to my Dymo labelwriter and use a label template to print more customized intentory labels right from the Dymo. OK... I haven't asked if that was possible, yet.

• Reviewed on 2020-08-26
Luciën J.
IT Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-20

"Reftab Asset Management"

Pros: Reftab is a great package what creates and gives ease of use of asset management. It's structured and clear.

Cons: I'm missing some features such as bulk transfer or bulk assign to user but that's quite it, further it's quite neatly build!

by Reftab on 2021-04-22

Hi Lucien, thank you for the review - the ability to bulk assign to a user exists in a couple different places, such as the asset table and the mobile app. Meaning you can assign multiple different assets and peripherals / accessories to users at once.

I think the place you're looking for is within the accessory page. This is easy for us to add and will have it ready for our next release.

Thank you again for your review!

• Reviewed on 2021-04-20
Jeremy L.
IT manager
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-01

"Good user interface, newer inventory management software"

Comments: We are really happy we went with Reftab. Our strategy was to pick a smaller product with more room to grow. I feel Reftab is early in their product lifecycle, and their staff is motivated to grow and add more features. This is the kind of company and product we like to work with.

Pros: Reftab seems like a newer, slightly smaller company product, and it does everything we need it to do. Price is competitive, coming in a little lower than some other products. Reftab doesn't have some of the bloat or feature creep in other more mature inventory management solutions. The support team is very responsive to inquiries, and they even developed some small features we suggested, saying those features made sense for the whole user base. Accurate, intuitive

Cons: The simplicity of the software has lots of pluses if you like simplicity, but it may lack some of the more niche features in the larger, more mature products. On rare occasions it throws an error, but the errors are handled and displayed in the UI in a way which makes sense.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-01
Glen E.
Supervisor
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-18

"Customizable & Versatile!"

Comments: We are realizing greater tool accountability, which is vitally important in the aviation industry.

Pros: This software adapted well to fit our needs in organizing our tool crib. I liked how we could create kits combining any amount of assets and accessories, and create fields to store types of data. Nicely designed.

Cons: Limited with attachments, no photo option for a completed kit.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-18