• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.1 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.2 /5

About Confluence

Confluence is a team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. Create, collaborate, and organize your work all in one place.

Learn more about Confluence

Showing 1,858 reviews

Steve M.
Dir. of Dig. Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-31

"The Collaboration Platform You've Waited For"

Comments: We document everything in Confluence. I run a digital marketing team of around 20 people and have a total of 40 users in the tool (a few other teams besides mine use it). It's been a fantastic tool to get everyone on the same page and keep track of our how-tos, meeting notes, plans, goals, features/specs, etc.

Pros: Real-time simultaneous editing
Ease of finding and organizing what I've written
Constantly adding new features
Integration with Jira and Trello is great, but also works as lightweight project management by itself

Cons: Honestly, they've fixed my biggest cons, like storage space (now you can buy a bigger plan) and they keep adding more things.
I think my colleagues would say there's still a learning curve, which is understandable, and I think Confluence has been changing the interface with more tips and features for new users (which is sometimes confusing for long-time users like me, LOL)
One big con is still the limited integration with MS Office. Confluence fully replaces the need for Word in most cases, so that's not a big deal, but I wish the Excel integration and/or the table functionality was better.
Also, printing is pretty tough when you have tables.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-31
Zuhairah A.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Internet, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-07

"Very flexible collaboration tools"

Comments: Main issue that we have solved with this software is, sharing and giving access of document to certain user from various department. It help to protect the document and it will give insight if the document has been edited and the editor of the document.

Pros: I really like that Confluence is very flexible in managing collaboration of documentation and task. Creating a document and stored it in the cloud storage provided by this platform make the sharing process of the document is very easy and flawless and the document will only circulated inside the software which add more security to the document.

Cons: The only thing that i have problem with this software is, the full text search is not properly constructed. Too many unrelated search result is returned and that mean it is not accurate. I need to scan the result manually to find the document that i need and that action is taking time and slowing me down.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-07
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-06-04

"Practical Option for Atlassian Users"

Comments: When paired directly with JIRA, the Confluence platform can be a very powerful tool in terms of organizing project documentation with active or archived projects. Unlike other JIRA add-ons, the ability to activate or deactivate the product at the individual user level makes it much more affordable and a solid value option. As a standalone product, however, Confluence falls shorts in terms of features and user interface when compared to other word processors or document cloud storage systems.

Pros: Confluence is a great option for existing Atlassian users looking to seamless integrate an active knowledge base into their project workflow. With direct connection to the JIRA project management platform, Confluence allows you to connect existing users directly to relevant project documentation. Its base functionality is fairly intuitive for novice users, and its advances permissions schemes allow you to create a variety of admin tiers that can restrict access to relevant users only. The integration between Confluence and JIRA is as simple as checking a box in the user admin panel.

Cons: As a general word processor, Confluence can be a little clunky when compared to the UX of similar processors such as Word of Google Docs. While its advanced features can be very useful for more experienced users, available tutorials can be difficult to come by and are often outdated. Like most Atlassian products, the bounty of features, settings, and schemes can be very overwhelming to the average user and are not overtly intuitive. Document organization can also be very confusing, as there are a variety of options to choose from when creating parent and child pages.

• Reviewed on 2021-06-04
Nadiv T.
Customer Service Emergency Hotline Employee
Consumer Electronics, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-05

"Confluence: the hub for knowledge management"

Comments: Overall, I use Confluence every day in my work to keep my (and my organization's) knowledge base relevant. I use to it to collaborate with other employees for improving internal processes, as well as for communicating important current info (such as outages or key developments). Confluence is unmatched in its search functionality, and allows my organization to keep its knowledge base completely streamlined.

Pros: I use Confluence as a customer service employee. We have a vast amount of procedures for managing internal systems, as well as for applying systems to actual contact with customers. All of these procedures are stored and maintained in Confluence. What helps me the most, is Confluence's super-advanced search functionality. Essentially, I merely have to type in a relevant word, and Confluence will list all the applicable articles. This allows me to find a relevant procedure for a specific situation in seconds. Another important feature to me is the commenting system. I collaborate with users who create and manage articles. When I see info in an article that's outdated or incorrect, I can leave a comment, and the article manager will get a notification. It's easy to collaborate in this way and keep information up-to-date. Lastly, the permission schemes help with keeping editing (or even viewing rights) limited to the relevant users. Within customer service this is important, as there are varying levels of authorization within our organisation.

Cons: In my opinion, the user experience and readability of the software could be improved slightly. The color scheme of blue/white/black isn't bad, but the layout tends to be somewhat messy. It could benefit from some streamlining, and perhaps more clear demarcation of elements within pages (such as more use of bold / italics, more variance in font size, and use of headers).

• Reviewed on 2021-01-05
Sridhar R.
Chief Technology Officer
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-30

"Easy and Simple Enterprise knowledge base and document management system"

Comments: Confluence is really good for organizing all of your company/teams requirements related to content, document, knowledge management and file management. Its a must for any company which is dependent on content and content based activities.

Pros: From the word go, our team was able to jump start and create a solid knowledge base for our entire enterprise. Being in Education and E-Learning domain - content is the heart of our business. Managing content created by various teams inside company, partner contributions, freelancers content is extremely crucial and critical. Some of the most important features of this product for us are: Document Management, Knowledge base, Version Control System, Structured Pages, Search

Cons: Confluence product does content related work really well. But that's not enough as we have grown in last 3 years and so are our requirements. Integrations with forms, data collections, Kanban board, tasks etc have become kind of a must rather than good to have features. We are currently on the premium plan and $10 per user for just managing document and collaboration seems little too much, specially when there are products which provide much more for less.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-30
Software Engineer

"Powerful wiki software"

Comments: Confluence has become the place for us to collect information, across our business. We use it document our processes and policies (the access controls prove useful there), and our development teams use it on a daily basis to record the outcomes of discussions and to share knowledge.

Pros: Confluence does a good job as a tool for writing, organising and viewing all kinds of documentation.
It's fairly wiki-esque, but with a more intuitive editor for pages that should make it easier to pick up for new users that might be more familiar with, say, Microsoft Word.
As an Atlassian product, you can expect a full set of tools for managing access to different pages and areas across your organisation, making it more appropriate for enterprises than more basic wiki software that doesn't always provide the same level of control.
Another advantage is the high level of integration. 'Macros' allow users to include a variety of rich content, and are customisable. Examples of integrations include JIRA, Trello, Microsoft Office, G Suite, and more. The 'Atlassian Marketplace' can be used to find and install more macros.

Cons: Although the editor is easier to use than the markdown used by a lot of other wiki software, it can occasionally be frustrating to work with. Not all macros and formatting settings behave exactly the same, so while you'd be able to fix these issues directly in markdown, you can end up trying out a bunch of different tools before you find the one you need to achieve your goal.
As with all collections of articles, organising pages can become difficult. The software itself provides basic tools that allow you to define a structure for your pages, and these work well, but it still requires considerable discipline as your use of the software scales up.

Missions Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-02

"Helpful Tool"

Comments: Overall I would recommend using Confluence, but would caution people on how they rollout the new platform to their company. Ensuring that the expectations are communicated clearly for how the platform will be used, by whom and the frequency, are very helpful things to communicate when preparing your team to switch.

Pros: The interactive features of Confluence serves as the best feature and function of this platform! Our organization is relatively small (20-30 employees) and is a Foundation that interacts with other nonprofits in the area. As a result we had many touch points in the community through various teams and often time what we were doing would get lost. In an effort to improve our internal communication our organization adopted Confluence as a means of servicing our company. We used the blog feature heavily which proved to be the best method of communication internally and cut down on the amount of emails adding to the clutter in our inboxes. It also allowed discussions to happen seamlessly and served as a point of reference for folks to easily access when needed.

Cons: It wasn't always very user friendly. Our organization consists of a variety of ages, so the way that people have engaged with technology is also varied. There are times that adding spaces or pages have proved to be a challenge for those who don't consider themselves as "technologically savvy". There was a bit of a learning curve for me in learning to how to use the software, but the customer support team was helpful in walking me through difficulties. The mobile function also wasn't the best depending on how users have different spaces setup.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-02
Software developer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-13

"Perfect for a knowledge repository"

Comments: This is a software that serves well it purpose, really easy and quick to use and does the job very well. And the posibility of interaction with Jira and Bitbucket is a real advantage.

Pros: Being an Atlassian product it is fully compatible with the rest of the suite, and being used together with Jira and Bitbucket is a real hit.
It allows to link a Jira task/bug/story/whatever by just writing the element reference number; it will automatically create a link to the real stuff on Jira. This makes easy to keep work briefs about epics and stories, so you can easily talk about when or where you fixed something, and just link the task in which you logged the work.
Besides that is really flexible allowing to have multiple sub-level pages to properly organize the information in a much more structured way than a Wiki. This allows to keep software documentation, teams structure and oranization, meetings briefs, and so on in the same application but in a well structured and easy to use way.
Regarding the usability, the text editor is quite complete, and allows to create very neat pages really fast. It supports images, tables, formatted text... everything you would need in a documentation app, is there.

Cons: For this software I have not found any serious cons... maybe something I would like to be changed is the placement of the save button. On that location I use to miss it and sometimes I just closed the page without saving because I forgot the button was there; but that is just my problem remembering things.

Luke C.
Researcher
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-17

"The Perfect Internal Knowledge Database"

Comments: When WikiSpaces recently reported that they were closing their service right after I purchased an annual membership, both myself and my employer was quite disappointing. AS a result I lost funding for our internal knowledge database (it was a pet project to improve my value to the company). As a result, I experimented with many different alternatives, and finally settled with Confluence. I have been so happy with it that I also use it for my own small businesses knowledge base. it is efficient, has a dedicated mobile app, full of features and integrations, and carries a very modern look.

Pros: An incredible amount of features and integrations. Confluence is able to easily communicate with Google apps, Microsoft Office programs, etc. It even includes it's own widgets for creating Gantt charts! The presentation is quite modern, and though I haven't dig into it yet, I've seen that there's also a theme system in place to change the appearance of the environment. Embedding pictures and diagrams are really easy and have enough options to get it to look the way you want. Confluence frequently has both minor and major updates, it can be kinda exciting to login on a Monday morning and see something new!

Cons: It would be nice to have some level of image editor native to the app, similar to what one has in WordPress. It seems to have everything but a proper footnote widget, something that I really favor in both my research and my workplace. With the frequent updates, also comes the chance that not everyone will appreciate the changes; I had been using the blog feature for a few months quite happily, but recently they changed a few of the features in the blog function to make it more mobile friendly. As a result I lost a few features that I favored. It did however improve over time and I got over the lost of those features.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-17
Miguel G.
Graphic Design Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-19

"Powerful Wiki for any business need"

Comments: If you are an organization that is planning to utilize Confluence and other Atlassian products, I would recommend introducing an administrator to this product. As the use of the product grows, not properly managing it can become more cumbersome than useful. This powerful tool can get out of control when not managed due to its enormous customization features and lack of understanding its features and functionalities across the enterprise.

Pros: Confluence is an Atlassian product that provides a very powerful Wiki platform for documentation. More than just a Wiki or Blog, Confluence is a collaborative tool with extensive customization features. You can control every aspect of Confluence, from its overall design and layout to permissions and properties. Confluence offers an online as well as a local server version, with minimal differences between their functionalities. Confluence has an extensive library of add-ons and integrations that expand the product's capabilities. Confluence provides shared work spaces as well as personal spaces and pages that allow users to manage content.

Cons: Not necessarily a con, but Confluence's extensive customization capabilities can often create a slight to challenging learning curve. This is why many organizations who rely heavily on this and other Atlassian products, often have administrators who tend specifically to the Atlassian suite.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-19
Luca D.
Head of Design
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-27

"Confluence the wiki for your projects"

Comments: With Confluence we sold a big problem in the project data collection. Now with confluence we (as a company) are able to collect and store all the critical projects informations

Pros: Confluence is the tool that allow you and your colleague to communique and collect all the project informations. The things that i like the most is versatility in the project structure creation and the ability to create and share very complex pages. We use confluence daily on different level of the organization from the management to the clients project

Cons: The thing that I dislike the most is the page editor but don't despair with the new redesign they rethink from the ground up all the content creation experience so for now I don't have a real cons.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-27
Chief Director of Business Processes
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-07

"Not just another knowledge base"

Comments: Overall, Confluence has improved communication between our business analysts and developers. It has also helped us to better embrace documentation for our products and helped us with project management and issue tracking.

Pros: You can create a page in seconds. It’s super easy to pull your Jira issues onto pages in Confluence. There are great templates that help you follow best practices for project documentation and great plugins that help you with things like mockups.

Cons: The administration piece is a little challenging if you have not received any training on it. I feel like the user management and some of the other configuration settings could be improved upon.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-07
Product Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-28

"Great intranet & documentation tool"

Comments: Overall, great tool for a business if you need to organize your documentation and keep the workflow clean.

Pros: We use Confluence at our workplace to organize and store all the documentation, PRDs, plans and calendars in one system, and have quick access to everything whenever we need it. So far it has worked great for me. I like how flexible and highly functional the page system and editing is and how you can use the calendars to keep everyone in the loop. I use the option of embedding the Jira tasks on the pages a lot and it is very convenient when you can link pages to issues, have the status displayed in real time and open the issue you’re interested in in just one click. The commenting under the pages allows everyone to interact and communicate without interfering with the page content. The new design of the page editor is very sleek and adds more tools for structuring your documentation.

Cons: I find the page ordering & settings a bit clunky at times. It is also a bit inconvenient when two or more people work on the same page at the same time, there is no auto save mode as in, say, Google docs, so whenever any of users clicks on “publish” the page is published as it is at the moment, not taking into account any of the changes that might be made as it is being published.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-28
Vedarth K.
Tech Lead
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-17

"Not the greatest one but does a descent job of maintaining knowledgebase"

Comments: Overall the experience is "Okay" the only reason to use confluence is that it is easy to collaborate as it is part of Atlassian's suite of products.

Pros: Confluence is part of the Atlassian suite of products which makes managing everything easy. We use Jira for project management and using Confluence along with Jira helps us easily collaborate on our knowledge base.

Cons: The formatting options are limited, it is not easy to create anchors for headings in the document which was a big issue for us, we were not able to create small menu for the page at the top.
Most of the basic configuration is not there by default, many times you need to buy it from market place.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-17
Copywriter
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-25

"Confluence Review"

Comments: We solved myriad of business problems with Confluence, but chief among them was categorizing and organizing tasks and results for not only our group, but for other groups and our teams to see. For us, it was a place to digitally house relevant documentation of everything from the start and progress of projects to meeting agendas and meetings. It served as an online hub for our documents and activities, freeing up room from our servers and local drives.

Pros: What I like most about Confluence is the transparency and visibility it gives to other members of your team so they can keep track of what's going on. I like that we can post information to Confluence, have ownership and have accountability applied to the user. Everything is documented and it's an easy-to-use format.

Cons: What I liked least about Confluence is that it takes a while to figure out how to use it effectively. And there isn't a lot of support for user's to find solutions. It usually helps if someone on your team or in your workplace is familiar with Confluence and can walk you through it. Designating groups, uploading and categorizing information and tagging the right people for the right context was a struggle for me at first, but I figured it out.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-25
Shivam P.
Programmer Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-06-03

"Do Documentation and more with Confluence"

Comments: Over all it has been a great Experience with confluence. Confluence literally is one solution to all project related problems.

Pros: There has been many great features with Confluence. The integration flexibility with JIRA and other k15t apps like scroll pdf exporter and scroll word exporter Make the documentation more alive and helpful. Dashboards and report generation takes it a step further. Confluence is all in one solutions for all project related qna's.

Cons: Some inbuilt features like default expansion of nodes present in the side bar tree are missing which should be provided with upcoming version of the confluence. Also sometimes page unables to identify an excel or a pdf macro and generates in form of attachment rather displaying the file macro. Not much problems though.

• Reviewed on 2021-06-03
Krystyna L.
Quality Assurance Manager
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-28

"A multifunctional wiki system, but not a storage repository"

Comments: If you are looking for a way to collaborate better, Confluence will provide you with all the necessary features for this. Definitely, Confluence deserves to be recommended thanks to its high level of productivity, multifunctionality, and ease of use.

Pros: The abilities provided by Confluence to work with documents and other content are incredible. It is a pretty simple action to attach various types of documents, as well as track, look them through, and search the necessary ones. The latter is available due to the possibilities of the advanced program’s search system as well. Apart from this mentioned functionality, our company also likes the security level of Confluence, its administrative and management features, and powerful configuration capabilities.

Cons: We like how powerful Confluence is as a wiki system. However, this product is not a storage repository at all. That is why our employees and clients of our services are sometimes confused because of the constant need to switch between different platforms. It may be really hard to figure out which solution should be preferred in every particular case (for instance, SharePoint or Atlassian Confluence). Otherwise, we do not have any other serious drawbacks we have found about Confluence to share with potential users of the solution.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-28
Software Architect
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-20

"Living Documentation was not same before Confluence"

Comments: So far it has been great experience. We have an enterprise instance of Confluence for more than 10000 users who manage their project documentation on daily basis in Confluence

Pros: Confluence is just not document file repository but a great tool to enable team collaboration and living documentation principles. Other features include easy to use, configurable with tons of marketpace, vast community support

Cons: no workflow driven plugins available for Confluence. Also flowchart driven plugins lack intuitiveness and ease of operation.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-20
Arun M.
Salesforce Senior developer
  • Reviewed on 2020-01-21

"Confluence : Excellent product"

Comments: Overall I am a satisfied user of confluence. Its feature rich and easy to navigate. Highly recommended this product for any company.

Pros: We are using Confluence as an internal wiki. It provides a lot of features which makes it easy for creating knowledge resources. The built in template in confluence let us quickly create project documentations.

Cons: Some of the templates provided in this is little difficult to understand. The user interface is a bit confusing sometimes when searching for a particular resource.

• Reviewed on 2020-01-21
Pedro C.
Operations Manager
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-17

"You pay the premium but you get the best"

Comments: I have created and managed years-long projects in Confluence, involving over 100 users. I have trained users on how to use Confluence.
People that are not so savvy with technology might struggle a little bit with Confluence. Confluence does have amazing documentation on the tool, as well as a very helpful community. What I also suggest is, if you are the administrator of the tool, is to do "Confluence 101" webinars to the users and record it as well. You can then upload that recording into confluence itself, on a "how to" section, where you can also small short videos on where to find certain things in Confluence, or do certain tasks, and when you send users the invite to join Confluence you can simply ask then to check those videos as a first step.

Pros: Most complete collaboration software out there. It does 99% of want you might want to do. The other 1% are still achieved but slightly different than you might expect.

Cons: No red flags in this product. The learning curve is a little but step. But I guess that comes with any software that is so complete and powerful. I think that based on all the capabilities of this tool, it's relatively easy to use after you have spent a couple of days going through it.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-17
Cristian B.
Sr Software Development Manager
Semiconductors, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-18

"Confluence - your one place for the knowledge center"

Comments: We use Confluence as a knowledge center, to have one place to go for all our documentation. It has worked great so far and many people inside the company has adopted it already.

Pros: Confluence is very collaborative, meant to keep people "on the same page" in regards to your documentation/knowledge needs. It has templates that you can use to create different kinds of documents, with built in html and css that makes your pages look nice.
It integrates with Jira for bug tracking, which means you can relate a ticket in Jira to its document in Confluence so that people can learn more about that issue, if needed.
The permissions scheme is very flexible allowing you to address complex requirements when it comes to not allowing people across spaces or external people seeing restricted documentation.

Cons: For non technical people is not as easy to use, if you want them to create nice looking pages/documents you need to have some hands-on training.
The price of the software is per number of users and it goes up really fast.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-18
Nikolay N.
knowledge manager and senior technical writer
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-12

"Complete knowledge storage and management functionality for a software development project"

Comments: I used Confluence at a large fintech project as a knowledge base for the entire project team, both development and commercial, for more then a year. After I've created the initial framework for knowledge storage (spaces system, contents tree, tags, rules etc.) and wrote some core articles the team members started to fulfill it with their knowledge: tables, code samples, descriptions et al. It worked greatly for the entire project manageability and productivity.

Pros: 1. It provides both simple and versatile tool for knowledge storage and management at a sophisticated software development project.
2. It integrates easily with other software project management tools from the same vendor (JIRA) and from the third parties as well (Google Docs, Slack, Adobe and many others).
3. It contains the add-ons marketplace providing a lot of solutions for the functionality customization for certain project.
4. Last but not the least - it has a free tariff covering lots of demands of lesser and medium project teams.

Cons: I think that some users may consider the formatting/markup functionality of the page editor (fonts, styles, etc.) too minimalist. For me it was not a big problem, I utilized seamless Google Docs or PDFs integration where rich text formatting was a must.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-12
Software Developer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-09

"Great tool for sharing notes and organizing a notable amount of documentation"

Pros: If you're in a small, growing software dev team, you get to the point that you can't remember the details of everything you work on. You start writing txt or doc files that you have to look for It's way easier to start working with it wrt another Atlassian tool like Jira - once you stop trying to use all the available features. Later, when you know what you need, you will probably find a plugin for that, like embedding draw.io diagrams, pdf files, spreadsheet-like calculations integrated with Jira, etc. There's a lot of freedom in how to organize the documents. Recently our company got an ISO certification for Quality Management and Confluence proved to be a perfect tool to manage documentation, drafts, modules, also keeping an eye on access restrictions.

Cons: The amount of features can be daunting, especially the tutorials that seem more like a showcase than a way to start working quickly. Just start with blank pages and try the features with the time that your work allows. The cloud version can be slow sometimes if you're far from Atlassian's infrastructures. Many interesting plugins are not free (but they're probably worth it).

• Reviewed on 2018-02-09
Jay S.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-26

"Collaborative space for sharing thoughts, ideas and documents."

Comments: I have been using confluence page for a while now. I have used confluence primarily for knowledge management and sharing internally across teams. I have documented lots of how to articles that helps every one (including myself), to refer to at latter times.

Pros: You can create your own page for the idea you want to share.
You can create different spaces by division or particular project. Very easy to use platform.
There are multiple templates available to help you start. Starting from "how to" templates to technical documentation templates. Easy to follow an article or author.
Editing and formating is so easy with the available tools in confluence.
You can insert images, links etc to create a great page.
Newsfeed feature which provides the most current blog postings and happenings in the organization.

Cons: Some time automailers from confluence floods you inbox. so be careful on what and whom you are following.
some time the page response gets slow and that will frustrate you. but that does not happen very often.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-26
Scott G.
Salesforce Architect
Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-09

"Confluence for document collaboration"

Comments: I have been using Confluence for about 5 years now. I am a software architect, and Confluence has become our go-to standard for all technical documentation, requirements collaboration, user instructions, training tutorials, etc. The ability to keep documentation in a central location and allow team members to collaborate has been a tremendous productivity increase for our team. We do all of our requirements logging in Confluence now and as we also use JIRA we are able to tie technical documentation back to actual JIRA tickets when starting development work.

Pros: Document collaboration with team members, wiki-like syntax for markup, notification of updates

Cons: Formatting sometimes gets a little wonky and needs to be reapplied, configuration of permissions can be a little complex, PDF generation could be a little more user-friendly in terms of making a great looking styled document that someone can print if desired

• Reviewed on 2016-12-09