• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Avaza

Collaborate on projects, track time, manage expenses and invoice your customers. Available in the cloud, from any device!

Learn more about Avaza

Juliana W.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-11

"Great to have everything from task management to invoicing in one place"

Comments: Avaza deserves a shout out for their customer service. You can reach them via chat, and you usually get a reply within a few minutes. They have the best service of any vendor I've ever worked with.

Pros: The task management system is robust and easy to learn, so onboarding new people is simple. And for us, a big benefit was going straight from project to invoice. No more importing or exporting information and doubling up on data entry tasks.

Cons: Scheduling recurring tasks is currently a little clumsy. You cannot set a task for "First Monday" of the month, for example. However, I'm told they have improved scheduling for recurring tasks in the works by their customer service.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-11
Marylou O.
Creative Director
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-02

"New to Avaza and likely to stay"

Comments: I’m quite pleased with Avaza. I switched over from Monday.com and of course the price here is so affordable, which is great since price is why we did not stay at Monday.com past their free trial. I remember thinking Avaza really wasn’t all that different in layout, which is a good thing, but it’s some of the extra features here and there that I need to learn more about as I continue to get comfortable with the site.

Pros: Mostly being able to work with other people who aren’t with me physically. There’s a lot of details that can be involved and I’m still able to have others stay on the same page as me. Side note, so in love with the fact you guys have an app.

Cons: I’m not sure if this is an option but a task prioritization feature is always helpful to me. There’s always something that needs to get done, but deciding what to get done first and being able to identify it quickly is important to me.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-02
Hanno S.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-25

"The most comprehensive free Project Management Tool I know"

Comments: I wanted to plan the founding process of my new agency and AVAZA helped me a lot with it.

Pros: It's richness on features. Gantt-Charts, easy import and export of data, integrated time tracking.

Cons: It's not as fast and beautiful as other tools.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-25
Nathan B.
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-06

"Awesome Value Robust Features"

Comments: Overall it is a GREAT value for the money, they are spot on with value/$. While I miss some of the enterprise level features that SmartSheets and their competitors offer, I find the variety and quick to implement features of AVAZA to be outstanding!

Pros: The price point on this software is PERFECT for small startups, the support is included without heavy add on cost and the support is VERY GOOD, quick and EASY to understand!. Architecturally the layout is very nice, the user interface is easy to navigate and the color schema is pleasant. Working in the tool is mostly straightforward and easy to figure out without watching a ton of self help videos.

Cons: The reporting tool could use a minor update to the user interface so things are a little easier to use, The collaboration features could also use an update to have some sort of chat like function making collaboration easier. Zapier connection is nice but seems to be picky, one of my zaps to create Avaza tasks works for everyone on the team except one person. Kind of weird but not critical.

by Avaza Software on 2021-01-22

Hi Nathan, we are excited to inform you that we have launched the Avaza chat module. The new module enables Direct, Group, Channel and Task chat from a single user interface. A truly unified inbox for all your discussions. The mobile app with push notifications keeps you up to date with all your discussions.

You can learn more by following this link https://www.avaza.com/chat

I hope you enjoy the new chat module and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-06
Nawar A.
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-08

"Avaza Review"

Comments: We have tried different tools and tested a lot of other tools but didn't find anything like Avaza for managing the timesheets, scheduling and reporting

Pros: Avaza is a very powerful tool for managing timesheet and projects scheduling, it is very easy to add your timesheet on daily or weekly basis. Scheduling is also a very easy and flexible.

Cons: When scheduling someone for long time (Say a year) and want to schedule another project for the same person during this year, this will lead to over scheduling and can't be interrupted. best way to do this is on monthly basis.

by Avaza Software on 2020-10-12

Hi Nawar, thanks for your review.

As for long-running schedule assignments, you can simply edit the assignment, reduce its date range and add the new assignments.

Having said that we do plan to add support for splitting assignments to make this process a bit quicker. We will add your vote for that feature and notify you as soon as it becomes available.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-08
Lukasz K.
Website Strategist
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-17

"Great project management tool"

Comments: An intuitive project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in a single interface. My experience so far has been very positive.

Pros: Avaza makes it easy to collaborate on projects and tasks with clients and teammates. Especially, I appreciate the fact that notifications and messages are sent directly to my email. I like how easy it is to use. Our clients learn it quickly and enjoy working with it, so we can complete projects faster. The free plan is great as you can test out the service before buying and the pricing is also very reasonable.

Cons: It is possible to issue invoices in one currency per client. I would like to send invoices to the same client in different currencies.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-17
Andrew S.
Sr. Manager, Engineering
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-26

"Feature rich project management and client billing solution"

Pros: Many features for project management including custom tasks and timesheet categories to standardize information across users. The ability to section off portions of projects and bill for those sections specifically. Easy to use gantt charting. In application communication tools. In-depth custom reporting.

Cons: At first the organization of information is a little confusing and people see it as cumbersome, but after some time its pretty easy. The reports are nice but they have so many options it takes some time to figure out what options will give you what you need. Single project quick view dashboard (time or $$ left in budget, items past due summary) not available, but can get there with custom reports once you figure out how to do it.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-26
Quintus D.
Founder & Managing Director
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-14

"Avaza is absolutely amazing"

Comments: The software is really amazing in that I have used it for so much more than what I initially anticipated. I now use it for recurring invoices too and managing support contracts. It is so easy to use overall

Pros: The huge list of functionality and ease of use. Great set of standard reports. The software replaces a few other tools - project management, financial, timesheets, tracking expenses, reporting

Cons: I feel the project scheduling part of the software can be enhanced and the Gantt Chart view. That does not mean that it is not useful - it just does not work easily when the plan changes or for advanced scheduling

by Avaza Software on 2020-12-17

Hi Quintus,

We are glad to let you know that we have added significant new improvements to our Resource Scheduling module including scheduling by total hours, sorting by availability and a lot more.

Please check it out and feel free to reach out to our friendly support team with any further feedback on [email protected] or via direct chat from within the app or our website.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-14
Nupur W.
Senior Consultant
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-08

"Easy collaboration and Time tracking"

Comments: Its been very helpful. We are able to easily collaborate without clients and all information sits in a centralized space.

Pros: Timesheet feature (Billable vs Non-Billable tracking)
Extensive reporting
Task allocation

Cons: I am satisfied with what this product offers. My suggestion is that we should have the ability to assign tasks to multiple users.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-08
Account Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-12

"Excellent Tool for Project Management!"

Comments: Our agency has multiple teams members that work from home, are in a "satellite office" or are traveling for meetings. Having Avaza we're able to all communicate in one place, keep track of projects (and therefore keep them moving quickly) and easily see progress and/or hold ups with a project.

Pros: Avaza is super intuitive, easy to use, organized and has a visually appealing interface. It really seems that the designers of the software made the User Experience their top priority, which helps make for a simple and efficient daily use.

Cons: While there are some issues with Avaza, they're all very minor. Simple things like limited viewing options for time sheets, the inability to assign tasks to multiple users, and the limited templates.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-12
David G.
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-20

"Very well featured, value for money project manager."

Comments: First class in every way.

Pros: I liked its overall feature set, it is value pricing and the fact that I can bring clients in on a project with no extra cost. I can drop a screenshot straight into the task fields which is a huge money and time saver for me an us. One other thing to know is that they have support chat in admin and often you get an instant response which is amazing customer service. I am so pleased I made the decision to work with Avaza.

Cons: Really not much that I don't like. I wish I could set automatic reminders for overdue tasks but at least I can go in and run reports.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-20
Karla S.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-05

"Great for my needs"

Comments: Im loving it, its helping me saving hours of work.

Pros: The software is easy to use and makes my life easier. I can have everything I want in just one place.

Cons: Not to many custom options for products and does not set the product number in sequence

• Reviewed on 2019-09-05
Grace M.
QA Manager
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-12

"Great for all types of users"

Comments: Love it!

Pros: I loved the clear usage of the tool, seems and is very easy to use.
All information is available at some clicks, also gives a overview for historic data which is great for management purposes.
When it comes to filling the data is easy to do timelines by weeks and also gives the chance to create templates for filling repetitive tasks and just copy from one week to another.

Cons: It will be awesome if the tool can provide a "guide" for First Time User Experience. Besides that is great!

• Reviewed on 2021-03-12
Shanta J.
Accounting Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-14

"Favorite project management software!"

Comments: Overall, Avaza is the best project management software I've used and at a fair/reasonable price.

Pros: For the web design side of my business, this software is absolutely amazing! It's easy to use and literally I am able to manage projects from start to finish within the app, including invoicing my clients. I also like the fact that I am able to track my time. The notifications are also on point.

Cons: Honestly, I only wish they had a contracts feature within the software so I can truly keep everything for my clients in one place. But it's not really a deal breaker - because it has everything else I need.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-14
Tong X.
office Manager
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-09-22

"easy to use"

Comments: good for office manager to get the over look of the project and control the timing with stuff are much easier.

Pros: very easy to use and have most of the function we need for design company. we just start using this one as free software for try out, but we believe will upgrade the account for more function.

Cons: customer support can be bit better. scheduled a meeting on line and no show from Avaza.
we have to rescheduled again... see how it is going this time.

by Avaza Software on 2017-09-22

Hi Tong,

Clarification regarding your demo that was scheduled on September 19, 2017. :)

The team member scheduled to take that call waited online for 15 minutes before logging off. If you signed on after that time, it would have seemed like no one was online.

The reason we cap the waiting time at 15 minutes is because it is halfway through the scheduled 30 minute call time.

An email is sent to each user that doesn't show up for the call, and was sent to you the following morning, asking you to reschedule.

I can assure you that our customer service takes client appointments very seriously. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,
Nida

• Reviewed on 2017-09-22
Maisha M.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-03

"This system includes many of the features I need to run a small business construction company."

Comments: Invoicing, project management

Pros: The invoicing system. I used many, and this one has by far the best templates and tracking abilities. Very easy to use. Also like the ability to create Gantt charts for project timelines; which is very useful when submitting invoices.

Cons: Would like if you could save as you are drafting the invoice without having to go back into edit mode each time. Also the ability to add bullets in the description section .

• Reviewed on 2018-05-03
Jorge A.
Operations Directos
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-18

"Awesome... best support team ever. It has all that I need to run my offshore IT consulting business."

Comments: I receive a fully functional PM, resource planner, invoicing and clients communication tool in one simple yet powerful tool.

Pros: Great PM tool
Awesome staff and timesheets control
Invoicing, quotes, payments... All in one place
My clients have access to their projects and documentation all the time, no need to ask for anything
Response to features requests is super fast
Tons of great reports, and you can pre-configure them for your eficiency
Great price for what all I get out of it

Cons: Maybe a more robust accounting functionality, but hey, the financial to run the business is awesome.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-18
Sufian A.
Center Manager
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-28

"The PMO for Research Centres"

Comments: No problems so far, happy to continue using the platform for years to come.

Pros: It has exactly what we were looking for in terms of scheduling effort hours across the entire year. And, it's really easy to use.

Cons: Possibly the way the weekly scheduling is presented, it's more easier to get an overview of all the weekly tasks if it was presented listed under Project rather than Days.

by Avaza Software on 2020-12-17

Hi Sufian, I am assuming you are referring to the Resource Scheduling team view.

I am not sure if you are aware that scheduled assignments can also be viewed by Project.

Please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support team via direct chat from within the app or on our website with further details.

We would love to learn more about your concerns and make sure they are communicated to the product team.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-28
Daniel M.
Marketing director
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-16

"All in one platform"

Comments: Avaza has all of the Base features our team needed at half the price. It’s very easy to use and although it’s not as customizable as some other options, it gets the job done for cheap.

Pros: Invoicing, budgeting and project management rolled into one software for less than the competition

Cons: Project boards aren’t as customizable as other options

• Reviewed on 2019-11-16
Brionne G.
Associate Digital Graphic Designer
Financial Services Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-19

"Feature-Rich and Cost-Effective!"

Pros: The software is incredibly intuitive thanks to relevant icons and content-based navigation, but the guided onboarding is a huge plus to help users discover features that are not immediately obvious. I'm also very impressed by how many features are packed into this software, and for a fraction of the monthly cost of Harvest.

Cons: Overall I really like the software, but I wish it was possible to attach a file to quotes. As a designer, I typically send or present a deck to new clients and would like to be able to attach that to my quote in Avaza so everything is in one place.

by Avaza Software on 2019-01-03

Hi Brionne,

Thanks for your review. Please note, you can already attach files to your Estimates. Feel free to ask our support team ([email protected]) for assistance should you need help with this :)

• Reviewed on 2018-12-19
Dave S.
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-06

"Well rounded + good price"

Comments: Very quick to get up and running. We have been able to consolidate the use of three individual tools into one, which has saved us time and enabled us to be more efficient.

Pros: Unlike the vast majority of other tools we've tried, (at least 10 or more!), Avaza ticks all the boxes for us between project & resource management, and at a competitive price point. Literally all project management tools totally miss the trick of including resource management, which is such a critical part.

Cons: My advice would be to tidy-up the pricing model a bit. It's a little confusing having to add-on users for different license grades. One price per user/month or one block price for a subscription including a block of users for all grades would be simpler.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-06
ANALISTA PROGRAMMATORE
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-11

"avaza great tool to manage timesheet"

Pros: esasy interface,
the possibility to map stories and timesheet

Cons: miss something to improve the project documentation and the posibility to add task directly on the time sheet

• Reviewed on 2019-05-11
Chad F.
Owner/Designer
  • Reviewed on 2017-08-31

"Value for the money, relative simplicity, great design interface and exceptional service"

Comments: We replaced a broken CRM that was way more than we needed ( we used about 15% of it) with this, Avaza. I see us using about 80% of it.

Pros: Clean, Inviting and uncluttered User Interface
Really Powerful Reporting ( Amazing number of filters)
Surprisingly Good Integration with QuickBooks Online via Zapier
Constant Improvement and taking requests on new functionality
Excellent Support via Chat
Excellent price for Small Businesses

Cons: Not the simplest to learn
Would benefit from more custom field areas to customize to our needs better
Would love some online video tutorials

• Reviewed on 2017-08-31
Gigi L.
Operations Manager
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-10

"Super efficient project management"

Comments: The flow charts are saving our lives, as well as the inclusive timesheets, ability to share with the full team, and ability to break down each role and timelines for each of these

Pros: The easy to use interface, which translates to mobile super easily. Really happy with a couple of features I cannot find elsewhere, which helps our companies efficiency and flow.

Cons: Mobile app version is a bit buggy, and it would be helpful if the timesheet settings [and settings in general] were a little easier to find.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-10
Ashley H.
Program Development Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-12

"I found this to be very easy to use and quick to learn how to access various software features."

Pros: Real time tracking of project tasks and entry of sub-tasks for various activities allows for easy task tracking and updating. Layout of screens and project reporting features are very helpful.

Cons: I am colorblind so some of the icons for project tracking are difficult for me to differentiate between. Icons be done in solid circle graphic vs. linear circle icons...addition of some type of feature for visual impairments such as mine would be great.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-12