15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Weebly

Weebly helps you launch and grow your online store with step-by-step guidance, full SEO optimization, marketing tools and more.

Learn more about Weebly

Pros:

The website is easy to use and setup. Lots of features and ready to use api that makes this an enjoyable experience.

Cons:

There are very limited features available. The code is slow and bloated too.

Weebly ratings

4.5
4.2
4.1
4.3

7.9/10

Weebly has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 1,794 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Weebly before?

Filter reviews (1,794)

Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great For Those With Little Experience

Comments: Overall, this would be my go-to platform to build a fast and easy website for any friends who need something great looking but manageable with little experience or learning curve.

Pros:

The best thing about Weebly is the simplicity of building a very professional looking website with little or no site-building experience. If WordPress is out of reach for you but you need a solid professiona looking site for your small business, Weebly is the way to go. I built several websites for other companies in the past using this platform with the idea that they can then manage it themselves without any technical knowledge. This was the perfect platform for this and among other similar platforms definitely seemed to be the easiest to use.

Cons:

There definitely is a ceiling of what you can do with this platform. From there you will want to move to something more advanced like WordPress. This isn't necessarily a knock on Weebly though, they never designed it to be a WordPress rival in general.

Jimmy
Jimmy
Pit Master in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

It is easy and cheap and you can get a website up quickly

Comments: Overall I have been a loyal customer with now 3 websites for probably 10 years. I like them better than Go Daddy, well at least from 10 years ago. I think the Square addition should be a little less imposing, I know it is their company and I use them as my credit card processing and POS and the integration is cool but Weebly I think should be about the website first. It a quick way to get a website with a domain up and minimal knowledge cheap though so overall I do like the product.

Pros:

I like how you do not have to know HTML and a whole bunch of other modern languages. It is quick and easy to launch a website and a trusted company that is not a scam which the internet is filled with. I like the shell overall and have 3 different websites with them.

Cons:

When Square took over it made it much harder to navigate through the shell to build on the websites and it is not customizable enough for individual companies. Also I don't like how they try and force you into multiple expensive subscriptions such as (custom)@(your name.yourdomain) they want to try and make you think you have to pay google all this money and you do not. There are many things there where I feel like they should be honest and give you choices.

Associate Professor in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Weebly makes websites easy

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I can’t picture making my personal website with any other builder.

Pros:

It has been easy to use and consistent for years, and lets me design my website as I like it without coding.

Cons:

Since its purchase by Square, it’s become difficult to login.

Julie
Web Project Coordinator in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

"Starter" websites: Easy to DIY, lacking in customization

Comments: Weebly makes it unbelievably easy to create simple websites with virtually no technical skill or experience. If you're a solo entrepreneur, on a modest budget, and don't care about ranking well in search results, this is a solid choice. Think of a Weebly website as a "starter" website. If you are part of a bigger company or have more specific needs in a website, skip Weebly and consider hiring an experienced developer. You'll be glad you did.

Pros:

Weebly is the easiest website building platform I've ever used. The drag-and-drop style of editing is highly visual, so you can literally see what you are creating in real time. It puts building your own website in reach for many people, saving thousands of dollars in design and development fees. You also don't have to worry about setting up third-party web hosting because Weebly keeps things under one roof.

Cons:

All the ease of use comes at a cost, and that is the ability to customize. Compared to other platforms, Weebly is very limited in what it can do. Basic eCommerce is an option, which is a plus. But if you are used to an endless array of plugins, say, then you will be disappointed at the limited features offered in Weebly. If you just need a simple website and don't have your heart set on very unique layouts or effects, this is not a problem. I also have to point out the SEO factor. Weebly offers the ability to optimize some parts of the website - and you should optimize as much as you can. However, coming from a developer who even halfway knows what they're doing, a Weebly site is going to have a hard time competing with a well-optimized website on a certain other very popular web platform. Definitely not the least expensive hosting provider out there, either.

SAMBHAV
Coordinator in India
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Managing a College Website through Weebly

Comments: An overall positive experience with Weebly providing great solutions and critically reducing the time needed to communicate our work to the batch.

Pros:

Weebly provides an interface that is easy to use for the end user while at the same time giving enough functionality to the end user to modify it according to their standards. Another aspect of Weebly that makes it super fun to use is the ease at which you can set up your website and the subsequent management of it too.

Cons:

This might be very subjective as being a college student, the price of Weebly was somewhat of a burden on the student body.

Nate
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Weebly Needs To Solve SSL Problem

Pros:

My website was built and published on Weebly over 12 years ago. I have updated and changed the content countless times over the years. Everything worked seamlessly until recently. The SSL certification for the site is no longer recognized by my web host and all the fixes put forth by Weebly do not work. This has forced me to build my site on a different platform.

Cons:

I have spent several hours on the phone with Weebly's customer support trying to fix the SSL certification problem with no luck, forcing me to move my site to a different website building platform.

Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

A Great Tool for Professional-Looking Websites, Sans the Headache

Comments: Overall, I love how fast and easy it is to build a buttoned-down website that is also unique.

Pros:

I like that I don't need a tutorial on Wordpress to build a site. I don't have a background in web development, so I needed a tool that allowed me to control the design without dealing with the hassle of messing with coding.

Cons:

I did hit a few walls with customizability. Using the templates makes it easy, but there is less control for customization than using a more robust tool like Wordpress.

Mitchell
Engineering Student in Canada
E-Learning, Self Employed

Easy to use, may not be as sophisticated

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great for someone who doesn't know how to code to create a website. Comes at a cost.

Pros:

I liked all of the easy widgets and how it automatically makes your website work with different types of browsers. I am used to having to code by scratch so seeing how simple it is to just drag and drop divisions, paragraphs, images, and text was really handy.

Cons:

The cost, it's not free! But it also isn't as sophisticated. I like with code to be able to create whatever I want (for example an animated logo image that spins). You are limited to the customization of Weebly and this case.

Joseph
Information Technology Specialist in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Weebly: Unveiling the Power of WYSIWYG for 24/7

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Weebly allocates WYSIWYG editor and drag and drop functionality which makes it fast to design websites and online stores.

Cons:

It is quite pricey to register domain at Weebly.

Balazs
Designer in Hungary
Design, Self Employed

Easy to use it!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Webbly is a great website where you can build your own website with templates!

Cons:

I don't have any of negative experiences about the app.

Sarah-jean
Business Owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Better than other website builders

Comments: I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pros:

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Cons:

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

Lena
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Easy and professional website design

Comments: I love weebly, I’ve used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. I’ve used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pros:

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Cons:

I didn’t like that you couldn’t edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesn’t allow you to utilize the entire area.

Cedric
Director in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Great for those who can make alot from a little

Comments: Overall Weebly is very cost effective and easy to navigate. This is great starter website for all who need a digital footprint online. For those who are more advanced it allows you to set up a secure website as well.

Pros:

One of the luxuries is this product is that it is free. This website provides different themes to start you off and then you build from there. They make it easy to embed different links like payment buttons and pictures you want displayed. You can change colors, add text, titles and themes. Overall any administrator with a creative eye should be able to navigate this site.

Cons:

My main irritant about Weebly is the "powered by Weebly"water mark that remains on every page. Everyone who visits your page will know your site is through Weebly. Also there are not many themes when getting started. You have a few to get started with but it's up to you to make it original.

shivam
Music Artist in India
Music, Self Employed

Make your Website in Just Few clicks!

Comments: My experience with Weebly is really Enjoyable , it was so easy to build website .. i am using Weebly at least 1-2 years :D

Pros:

I like this website so much ! you don't need to design website by code . you need to just design by few click i like this this feature most and also it gives you 30 days trial for free which is the best option's for students / beginners !

Cons:

all features are good But do you know that out of 1000 good things, there is one evil and only one thing is lacking in it and that thing is Website design .. website is good but I notice that when my free trial has been expired then I want to delete my website and I am trying to find out how to delete my website but i can't find it then my friend tell me there you can delete it .... So i want to tell you that please try to delete website easily and also add New Themes , Plugins and some thing more ....

Emily
Retail, Self Employed

Needed for Ecom Features

Comments: The customer support is very nice and everything is easy to use. I have used Weebly on and off for many years and was always generally happy with it.

Pros:

If it wasn't for the lack of ecom features that I need to run my business, I would still be using this service. It is easy to use and make an attractive website. I love how easy it is to edit every last detail without a lot of web design knowledge.

Cons:

The ecom features are very limited and I couldn't use the gift certificate features the way my business needed.

Autumn
Writer in US
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Weekly is my absolute favorite!

Comments: This is my absolute favorite blog site! Other sites like blogger are super difficult to use, but with weekly you don’t have to know much about editing as they provide the tools for you! Plus side is that you don’t really have to be premium, I use the free version and my storytelling needs were met.

Pros:

Beginner friendly Lots of free templates No purchase necessary you get most features free! Easy to edit and customize

Cons:

Getting in contact with customer support is tricky Recovering lost account was nearly impossible

Kristi
Media/Technology Coordinator in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Weebly is user friendly and cost effective if you need a web page set up quickly!

Comments: I have not had to contact Weebly support at all, so that is a positive in my book! Many times when I start out with a new software program or web program, there is a lot of communication between myself and the company support team in order to get things how I need them. This was so user-friendly that my son set up a free personal page for a class in just a single day. As a tech coordinator, this was very easy for me to set up, and our admin assistant was able to learn to add & edit content very quickly.

Pros:

I like that there are many themes to choose from to customize your site on Weebly, and the interface is user friendly. You can switch back and forth from a screen that looks like a word processor (for selecting bold, italics, font size, color, etc.) OR you can switch to the coding language of HTML if you want further customizations. I have gotten along great without needing to switch to HTML, but it is nice to know I have the option. There is a nice variety of templates to choose from, and you can control who can view your page. For our organization, we only wanted our staff to have access to personnel forms, so we set this up with a password. Very easy to select that option if you need a private site.

Cons:

At first it was confusing that I had to make two payments every few years. Then I realized that one payment is for Weebly to secure your preferred domain name (if it is available) and they register it for you. I have that part set up to renew every five years. The second payment is an annual subscription fee for using the Weebly software interface and all the features that comes along with that including a nice selection of themes.

Internet, 51–200 Employees

Good website builder for small platforms

Comments: Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros:

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.  The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons:

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base. Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

Gilmer
Gilmer
Marketing Manager in Argentina
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent for the price

Comments: I was able to take my web project from idea to publication in just a few days thanks to the powerful tools included in the free plan. I was then able to easily scale by upgrading my site with more pages, advanced eCommerce features, and a custom domain by upgrading to a paid plan. The support and documentation were also excellent in resolving any issues or concerns. I would definitely recommend Weebly to any person or organization looking for a low-cost and efficient website building solution

Pros:

What I liked most about Weebly was its powerful drag-and-drop visual builder. It allowed me to easily create a complex site structure with multiple pages and sections using just my mouse. Its clean and well-organized interface made the design process highly intuitive. Additionally, the numerous Responsive themes and templates helped me quickly bring my ideas to life and ensure my site looks and works well from any device

Cons:

What I liked least was the limited code customization. Although the visual editor covers most needs, experienced web developers miss the ability to inject custom HTML, CSS, and JavaScript code to create completely unique designs. However, I understand that this goes against Weebly's no-code approach to allowing anyone to create a professional website

Binyamin
Farmer in Israel
Farming, Self Employed

Easy Shmeezy Website Creation

Comments: Of all online platforms from accounting to legal, form graphic to word processing, Weebly is my favorite platform. I believe that says a lot!

Pros:

When it comes to Weebly, what's not to love. Yes its limited, but that's not the point. The point about Weebly is that its super easy. Obviously if you need something robust, even mildly robust, Weebly isn't for you. But if all you need is an easy straight forward and affordable, Weebly is just that. When I need to create a website that is feature rich I go to Site123 or Shopify, but if all I want is to show my portfolio (and maybe make a few sales) and/or to show my ideas, to have a platform with which to communicate to the online world, its really hard to beat Weebly.

Cons:

My greatest regret when it comes to Weebly is that, being as restrictive as it is, when I need to create multi-lingual sites, that look avaunt-guard and cutting edge, I'm forced to look elsewhere. Being that I so like Weebly, I wish that wouldn't be the case. I wish that Weebly would provide the spectrum from super simple, fun, and easy (which it is) to highly robust (which evidently it doesn't wish to be).

Angela
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Easy and visual

Comments: Mainly good. Managing our own websites has been immensely successful. Cheaper, more responsive, better.

Pros:

You can see exactly how webpages look - and quickly build websites by dragging and dropping features. We've used it for years. For the most part it quietly gets on with doing what it does best.

Cons:

Doesn't connect with other apps well (some do), but it doesn't connect with Zapier. You can't copy pages across separate websites, so if wanted to create a similar one, you'd need to do that from scratch. Contact form data doesn't go anywhere. You'd have to manually update your CRM. As long as you like what it offers, you're OK, but it's not super flexible. Really annoying feature if your run your online store through it - when customers pay via paypal, they think they've completed the transaction, but then get redirected back to the page they saw before and have to click 'commit to buy' which many don't. They might ring you, confused about where their stuff is, or they might just give up and buy from somewhere else... I talked to Weebly about this frustratingly pointless feature, and the response was "That kind of how it is, soz".

Jake
Small business owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Weebly was one of the first... but they fell behind

Comments: Honestly, I feel like Weebly has just stopped trying to keep up with other platforms like Wix. I can't recommend Weebly to anyone because I know for a fact there are better options out there. Weebly has always been sooo close to being a great platform, but they've never quite pulled it all together.

Pros:

It is great for someone looking to build a basic website without requiring any knowledge of coding.

Cons:

I don't like that Weebly is so expensive for very few features. The downloadable Apps are often slow, don't work at all, frequently need to be updated, or slow down your website's speed. There are not many preset themes to choose from and you're limited to what you can customize. Customer service is good, but I've had to contact them way too many times over the years – some of which the issues could not be resolved or they didn't know how to fix. Also, this only happened once, but one day I logged in to check on a website that I had been managing for months and all of its content was just gone?!? Customer support had no way of retrieving the lost content and had no explanation of why it happened. That was hours and hours of hard work gone, just like that.

Neyda Jose
Software Developer in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Website designer accessible and easy to use

Comments: Weebly is a tool that allows you to design web pages with really attractive designs thanks to the fact that the templates provided are of quality that is why the pages can be used not only for personal use but also for professional level, their plans are very accessible and it is a easy to use site is why it has been useful to please different customers looking for a website that represents them.

Pros:

Weebly I like it a lot mainly because it is a tool for designing web pages that is really easy to use, because in its interface you can see templates organized in different sectors and although not many are offered, they are of quality and they are organized so that it is much more simple to handle the search of the one that is considered appropriate to represent the website that you want to design, on the other hand it is magnificent that provides the power to visualize in advance how the website could be seen with the different templates, besides this tool saves the tedious work of having to look for the page to adapt to different devices because in an automated way the pages are optimized so that when visualizing in said devices they do not see in an inadequate way.

Cons:

One of the things that bother me the most is that Weebly does not provide its users with backups of the websites, so it is quite tedious in case there is a very drastic change in the site or if for some reason the database is altered the website will be lost.

Halimatun
Halimatun
IT Manager in Malaysia
Accounting Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Weebly is good for non coding website builder

Pros:

Weebly comes with detailed instructions and educational materials that are quite useful. Getting up and running in less than an hour is possible, and you may go back to the manual if necessary. I am able to edit and publish items rapidly to maintain things relevant.

Cons:

There is a slight lack of functionality since this is designed for those without coding skills. Still, the themes and layout allow for considerable customization in creating the appearance of a personalized page. There is indeed a limit to the number of adjustments you can make.

Furniture, 51–200 Employees

No-fuss, no-frills, satisfying website creator for simple websites

Comments: I run some small personal websites with it.

Pros:

It's quick, easy, and gets the job done. You're not going the build the world's greatest site with it, let's not kid ourselves. But if you just need a clean, basic website that communicates what you need to say and you don't want to waste a lot of time doing it, this is a good go-to. There are nice, modern templates, drag and drop interfaces, and they now have a third party plugin gallery. Not a lot of content yet, but maybe it will get there someday. It's got nothing on Wordpress though. It's affordably priced, although I understand their pricing is going to change to be more expensive. I've been using them for over 10 years, to run my small, personal sites; but I might have to consider changing in the next couple years.

Cons:

It's not terribly powerful if you don't want to get into html, and the third party support for it is pretty lacking. Lots of features you'd find on Wordpress or even other similar platforms are absent. But for the price (as it is today), it's hard to complain. Also, I have trouble getting help from their support. I've had issues with logging in and I may or may not get a response, and if I do I might have to wait a day or so. I don't know about you, but when I need to make a change to my site, I need to make a change, I can't wait around for a whole day. Fortunately, in the long time I've used Weebly, this has only happened a few times.