About Zoho Invoice

Zoho Invoice is a 100% free cloud invoicing solution designed to help small businesses with invoicing, expenses & online payments.

Learn more about Zoho Invoice

Pros:

I have been using Zoho since the inception of my organization. The customer care is exceptional and they are always ready to assist you.

Cons:

I will update if any further problems come along, but not so far.

Zoho Invoice ratings

4.6
4.5
4.5
4.6

8.8/10

Zoho Invoice has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 348 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Invoice before?

Priyansh
Priyansh
Owner in India
Animation, 2-10 Employees

GST Invoice Management and Generation has never been easier!

Comments: Immediately after our GST registration we chose Zoho for invoice generation and management and so far it has been an integral part of our small business. It being completely free is a big plus point or we would have had to choose another options.

Pros:

As soon as we registered for GST, we had a need for invoice generation and management software. Zoho Invoice came in like a superhero to help us at zero cost. - Completely free with all the features available to you without any catch. Haven't seen that anywhere. - They marketed themselves with GST support, which was important to us in India, and they delivered it as well without any false marketing. - All the features that you need from billing, invoicing, storing data, tracking, analytics etc are provided and that too on a single dashboard. - You can also collect payments in cash, cheque and bank transfer. - Complete integration with all the common business apps, we needed it to work with our website CMS. - Also helped us track expenses and receipts and juggle all our projects. - Complete security, never had a data leak or hack as far back as their founding.

Cons:

Not much to dislike, we have been using it for 2 months now - Support is somewhat lacking, but for a free service, it is okay. But definitely room for improvement there. - Invoice designing options are limited, have to go with their pre-existing designs and structure. - Has a slight learning curve.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Desktop Pro, FreshBooks and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: They were expensive and didn't have India GST specific options.

Krishna
Krishna
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Zoho Invoice has been a wonderful and superb experience for me

Comments: So that I can capture clients at the exact time they are ready to on-board, Zoho's phone app and website interface flawlessly, allowing me to produce booking deposit invoices while on the go. Once I've set up all of my templates, sending an invoice to a new client through email or SMS is as simple as a few clicks.

Pros:

Invoicing and bookkeeping in a small business are a snap with Zoho. Because I can simply compile and print out all of my billing and revenue information from the year, I no longer have to worry about tax season. If you're in the market for a straightforward and easy-to-use invoicing system, I highly suggest Zoho. We had a few difficulties with help early on, but they've been fixed and the assistance has been excellent since.

Cons:

When premium plans were removed, a free forever plan was introduced, however Zoho branding was applied to the papers, which was a downfall. Zoho Invoice could charge a modest price to remove branding or a note that users may produce free invoices like this.

Maitham Abdulkarim
Maitham Abdulkarim
Finance & accounting manager in Bahrain
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Zoho User

5.0 last month New

Comments: Im very happy using Zoho

Pros:

I liked the simplicity and the procedure tracking for billing and invoicing

Cons:

Cash flow format which is not as per the standard format

Nicholas
Director Of Operations in US
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

good software - some useful features

Comments: Overall it got the job done with creating invoices but we ultimately cancelled the subscription. It was too expnesive for what it was and we just started doing invoices through Word or Excel. If you have the entire suite I could see why some businesses love and succeed with Zoho.

Pros:

we used this software mostly to create intercompany and corporate invoices to vendors. I liked how you can set them up on a recurring basis, customize recipients and the look of the invoice and that you could access on your mobile device.

Cons:

didn't integrate with our main accounting software so it was a lot of double entry. I also didn't like how every part of Zoho was a different section and product and price. For just Zoho invoice it was expensive and confusing for some users, being unable to use other parts of the system

Alternatives Considered: Expensify and SAP Concur

Switched From: Expensify and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: At the time we just needed the invoice feature so it was easier and cheaper to set up than others.

3 years ago

Dear Nicholas, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We understand that you felt the product to be expensive and that some of your users found it could be more intuitive. Sorry about that. If you are ready to give us a chance, we are happy to schedule a call, know your requirements and suggest the best plan. We believe the import/export functionalities and our REST APIs could help you with pushing the data to your accounting platform. Just drop an email to [email protected] and we shall get in touch with you. We would love to have you back with us! Regards, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice team

Nirmal
Director in India
Computer & Network Security, 201-500 Employees

Clean, Simple & highly Customizable

Comments: The overall experience has been nothing short of amazing! 10/10 will recommend to anyone.

Pros:

I've been using Zoho for my business as well as personal invoicing. The experience has been nothing short of amazing! I've tried other free invoicing tools but nothing comes close to Zoho. It looks so simple and will fit almost every requirement related to invoicing - billing, expenses, payments, and timesheets. It makes it super easy to track projects, clients, payments, and business metrics with a single dashboard. The quarterly and yearly accounting is a breeze ever since we started using Zoho. They also seem to have a bunch of payment gateway integrations that we are yet to try.

Cons:

The software does the job very well. Some people might consider the UI a little dated.

Sara
Sara
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent billing tool with good price and support

Comments: The fact that all the greatest and most helpful products can be found in a single location is the standout feature of the Zoho offering. It helps us save both time and money while also making our job easier and more pleasant.

Pros:

This application makes it possible to collaborate on projects without the risk of confidential data being compromised, which makes it the ideal tool for my company's small business. This is a service that earns five stars from me.

Cons:

It is a significant drawback and adds a lot of extra work for me to have to pay for each person after I have already signed up. I constantly get stopped while paying, and the procedure is a little bit sluggish. It has a sensation of danger.

Ryan
Software Engineer in US

Free

5.0 last month New

Comments: Excellent experience once figured out the smal caveats in designing invoices.

Pros:

Free and unbeatable with credit card integration for online payments.

Cons:

Date column limitation and invoice customization.

Prem
Prem
Freelancer in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Create and manage invoicing for any order, service and more

5.0 last month New

Comments: To the point invoice creating automation essential

Pros:

Using it in Zoho marketing, CRM and custom automations that creates send invoice PDF in emails, WhatsApp and telegram with zapier, make and zoho automations

Cons:

More Fonts can be added, Pre build templates can be improved

Alternatives Considered: Invoice Ninja

Marketing Consulting in Spain

Friendly software for billing and accounting, good for events services for example

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Good for integration with other Zoho systems, as CRM

Cons:

email tools is a bit inestable, I think the team is improving it

Director in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Best Tool for creating invoice

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: An amazing tool that saves huge time.

Pros:

Easy to useGood templates for tax invoiceWorks best with phone and webAutomation and reminders features are amazingSaves time

Cons:

Need some custom editors Cannot change sequence in invoice while adding, will have to delete that line and do it again for correct sequence

Domenico
Domenico
Digital Director in Italy

That's my choice for invoice software

Comments: The software is awesome. No complains. I really like the UI and the templating system is the best I've used. I've tried many similar software but none had all those options that lets you customise in depth your invoice layout, fields and overall appearance. Try it out.. the base plan is free!

Pros:

I tried many invoicing systems but none had the ease and depth needed to customise and translate all the fields needed to be compliant to my country tax and formal rules. The templating system is awesome, the way u can set automatic invoicing will save you a lot of time. This is just the best invoice software I've used and I'm still sticking with it.

Cons:

The only drawback is that you can't delete customers if you have an invoice regarding them. This can limit your free trial or your free plan. If you always work with the same customers it's fine.. if you always have new and many customers this is something to think about first.

Alternatives Considered: Odoo, QuickBooks Time and FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice: Whmcs takes too much effort for a little company

Switched From: WHMCS

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: I choose Zoho because I could customise the invoice template and fields to be easy to use and compliant to my country laws. All the other solutions were not customisable enough to meet the Italian tax regulations standards but might work well in other coutries.

Soorya
Founder in US
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Complete end to end invoicing solution for SMBs

Comments: Very satisfied and extremely happy customer of Zoho Invoice. Makes most of the "headache" piece of work in finance really easy and smooth by automating recurring tasks.

Pros:

Zoho Invoice has long been an dependable tool for all our internal billing and invoicing needs. Ability to choose templates, customize design, adding categories and much more, makes it an integral part of our day to day business. The product has extensive features like dashboard, estimates, payments, recurring payments etc which can serve very well to any startup, SMB or enterprise. The product has strong UI/UX and the simplicity to use does not require any additional training or hand-holding, its just amazing how fast our new resources pick it up from day 1 We have used Zoho Invoice from our starting days and we have grown stronger together over all these years

Cons:

As a founder-led company, I wish there was a feature to group multiple invoices into one and create a invoice group list, some customers expect us to submit multiple invoices in batches.

Julieanne
Julieanne
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great value

Comments: Overall I love Zoho Invoice simply because of how effectively they automate the process of sending invoices and collecting payment. It saves me so much time every month and is worth every penny.

Pros:

I needed an invoicing system that could send recurring invoices. I was spending too much time every month manually creating invoices, and would often send them out late, which meant I'd get paid late. Of all the options I researched (there were a lot) Zoho had the most features for the lowest price. Set up was easy, and they keep adding new features that are included with my subscription. They even have automatic reminder emails you can have sent to clients who are late in paying. This happens so often in my industry, that this feature has actually helped me collect my payments faster, without me having to spend time trying to get paid. I also love that as my business grows, Zoho has so many other products that I could add to my Zoho dashboard. I've also noticed that most of the other 3rd party programs I use have options to connect to Zoho.

Cons:

Their customer support is a bit slow. There's a new feature they've rolled out that I'd like to use, but there's not much documentation about it. I reached out a few days ago for help and still haven't heard back. It would be nice if step by step instructions were easy to find for their new features.

Alternatives Considered: Invoicely, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Bitrix24

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: Zoho offered the cheapest price for the feature of sending recurring invoices. After using this program, I've seen there are many other handy features that come along with their low rate. Because it also connects to so many 3rd party programs, I don't foresee switching to another company for quite some time.

3 years ago

Hi Julieanne, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad to hear you were able to streamline your invoicing and payment collection processes. Regarding your feedback on the documentation, it would be very helpful if you could share more details. Please feel free to drop an email to [email protected] Regards, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice Team

Matthew
Matthew
Owner in US

Great invoicing tool for small businesses

Comments: Overall good customer service and good product. We tried different ways to implement the recurring feature that most of our clients would use. We wanted to auto deduct recurring invoices and it didn't have that feature, otherwise, we probably would have stayed with it. We did use Zoho subscriptions for that.

Pros:

It was quick to get up and running. The software is fairly easy to navigate and provides professional looking invoices that are downloadable by my customers. My favorite feature is the reminder feature, once you send out an invoice the software can send out automated reminders for the client to pay in case they don't see it in their email the first time or get busy and forget (cause an email will be forgotten eventually, as good intentioned as we all are). Definitely good for people starting out and small businesses that don't have a lot of clients. The price point is low for starting out, usually a lot less than other software I've seen and used. And if you use Zoho CRM, in can integrate with that.

Cons:

For me personally, I was using the software for invoicing website development customers, and once you get done, apart from web hosting, you are done. And over the past few years, I hit my max level and I don't feel like its much of a benefit to have past customers count towards my limit. Some of which are small jobs. I think it would be better if you have the same customers you invoice regularly.

Alternatives Considered: PayPal

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice: We were switching CRM systems and cutting back on things we were not using.

Switched From: Keap

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: Better options than paypal with less setup.

3 years ago

Hi Matthew, Thanks for the review! We are happy to know the automatic reminders and the integration between Zoho Invoice and Zoho CRM were of help to you. Regarding recurring transactions, it's good to hear that Zoho Subscriptions caters to your needs but since Zoho Invoice itself has recurring invoices and the ability to auto-charge your customers, we would like to know a little more on it. You can reach out to [email protected] so that we can understand your requirements better. Regards, Harikrishna

Eric
Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Invoicing and Expense Tracking Tool

Comments: Excellent experience. For invoicing and expense tracking, this is a great product.

Pros:

Hands down, the feature I liked best about Zoho Invoice was its ease of use. I place a lot of emphasis on this aspect of software. If software is difficult to learn, or it is not pleasing to use, then why bother. With Zoho Invoice, I was up and running in less than an hour. Like all of Zoho's software, the user interface is pleasant and makes sense. The product is also stable. No glitches, hiccups, or bugs.

Cons:

Not so much a "dislike" as I simply needed software that did more than just invoicing and expense tracking, which is what Zoho Invoice does really well.

2 years ago

Hi Eric, Thank you so much for leaving us a terrific review! We are humbled :) Ease of use has always been at the heart of everything we do at Zoho Invoice, and we're glad to know you like it! Feel free to share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com anytime. Cheers, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice Team

Jason
Audio Engineer in Canada
Entertainment, Self Employed

The Only Solution That Covers All My Small Business Invoicing and Accounting Needs

Comments: Zoho is nearly-perfect for small-business invoicing and accounting. I no longer worry about tax season, as I can easily create and print out all my billing and income info from the year. I can quickly know whether a client has paid or not, and it all transaltes instantly and perfectly to iPhone.

Pros:

Zoho seamlessly integrates its iPhone app with its website so I can immediately create booking deposit invoices while I'm on the road—immediately capturing clients at that crucial moment when they are ready to on-board. Once all my templates are set up, it's just a couple clicks to send a new client an invoice via email or even text.

Cons:

Zoho feels very "enterprise." Most of its preset categories and templates assume you are a giant corporation. Fiddling with billing and accounting headers and categories can be daunting and slightly confusing.

Founder in India

My Go For Invoicing platform

Comments: It was hilarious at first, i was searching for an app to generate invoice when i am outside i came across zoho invoice gave it a try first try was funny as the functions didn't made any sense at first but soon after an hour so it felt like this application is really thought through when crafting, i quickly set it as my next go-to invoicing app on desktop and mobile and on the cloud, thanks you zoho for this wonderful service.

Pros:

Everything from custom payment gateway integration to single click invoice genration, the best feature would be the inventory mangement and product catalogue making it easier to create invoice by typing the product name only everything will be fetched from the catalogue even the discounts and taxes are perfectly fine tuned with the invoice template. Started using as an On-The-Go invoice genrator and fell in love after generating first invoice.

Cons:

The mail customizability the mail sent to payee is non-customizable(atleast for me) i want it to reflect offline payment instructions as well for some customers having no mode online payments that's the only drawback i found while using zoho invoice apart from this everything works perfectly fine.

2 years ago

Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review for Zoho Invoice! We're glad to learn your journey with us so far, and we hope to serve you more in the coming years. With regards to the email that goes to your customers, you do have the option to customize it completely to match your brand. If you need any help setting it up, just drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com Regards, Harikrishna

Gabriela
Human Resources, Self Employed

Simple and professional without a high price tag

Comments: Great product that I recommend to anyone who needs to charge hourly rates, project based or just in general needs to create and send I voices that look professional without having to buy a whole accounting suite software.

Pros:

I love the easiness of use, interface, features, and price! If there’s anything I don’t know how tondo or understand initially, the help section is very comprehensive with step by step instructions. I have never found myself stuck or not understanding how to do something, and this is the first time I use software like this. The timesheet is also super helpful for independent consultora like myself.

Cons:

There really isn’t something I don’t like about it. I think it would be useful to be able to set reminders to create invoices or when they are past due, to get them on your email.

Alternatives Considered: Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: Price and because it had exactly the features I needed, no less or more.

2 years ago

Hi Gabriela, Thank you so much for leaving a stellar review for Zoho Invoice! We understand that managing finances can become a real challenge for businesses, especially in the initial stages, and we're glad to know Zoho Invoice helps you manage them like a pro. Good luck for your business, Gabriela! Cheers, Harikrishna

Andy
Designer in US
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Mr

Comments: Zoho Invoice provides a full-featured accounting tool for self-employed service professionals who don't need to manage bank accounts or balance sheet assets. If you sell your time or sell (or resell) products you create and don't need an inventory system, Zoho Invoice is nearly perfect.

Pros:

Practically everything is so well-thought out. Zoho Invoice is everything a self-employed person or entrepreneur needs to manage contacts, quotes, invoices, receivables and expenses. It even has robust support for time billing (projects, tasks, etc.), sales tax, recurring invoices, and even multiple currencies (I just need USD, but the capability is there). Zoho Invoice is the almost perfect accounting tool I need to track income and expenses. When my data is entered and up to date, getting my data to my accountant for income tax prep is as simple as exporting two spreadsheets.

Cons:

The expense feature set includes the ability to track mileage. This feature is represented well on the iOS app, but in order to enter a mileage record with an odometer reading, the system requires both a beginning value and an ending value at the same time. This really doesn't work. I would have to note my beginning mileage then enter it along with the ending mileage at the end of the business trip. As such, I use a standalone mileage app called MileBug.

Dale
Dale
Principal and Owner in US

I just switched from the "improved" FreshBooks to Zoho Invoice.

Comments: It meets most of my invoicing and time tracking needs, and at an over 50% reduction in monthly costs.

Pros:

My small consulting firm has used Freshbooks for a couple of years. Recently they "upgraded" their product and I lost very basic functionality that I relied on day-to-day. While not perfect, Zoho Invoice provides most of that functionality and at an over 50% drop in price. I really like the previous FreshBooks solution, and would have eagerly embraced the new, but you cannot release a new version that supports so much less functionality that the last. OK, off that soap box. Zoho Invoice so far seems easy to use, with a few caveats I will spell out in the next section. The customization is great (almost, but not quite, to a fault). Some of what I consider basic functions for a consulting environment are available. Including the expense receipt images on the PDF invoice (HELLO FRESHBOOKS!!!) are very simple.

Cons:

Three things. But keep in mind that even with these three things I find Zoho Invoice better suited to my needs over my current solution; Provide the option to include the expense date on the invoice!!!!! This is very basic and very needed. I see from reviews that people have been asking for this for several years. Provide a field for expense vendor. Sure I can setup a custom field, but when you get to the invoice you cannot access custom fields at the detail level. Provider the option to include the expense author on the invoice. I usually have two to three of us on an engagement all entering expenses for travel, lodging, meals, etc. By including the author, the client can easily see from whom the expense is coming from. To get around these shortcomings, I have my group enter expenses in a very specific way that includes these information in the notes field. Not optimal, but still works.

Susan
Tech Whisperer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Zoho Invoices: Just when I thought things couldn't be better or easier.

Comments: Efficient way to track my time and create an invoice for each client. Time (and therefore money) does not fall through the cracks.

Pros:

Logging my time and being able to send my clients a detailed invoice (that I can customize) is critical to me. The fact that my client can opt to have a portal to see invoices, payments, etc. is icing on the cake!

Cons:

Because invoicing is my business Achilles Heel, I would like it even better if I could create a recurring (monthly) invoice for my clients so I don't have to remember to do it. It is just there. Recurring billing right now is only for a fixed amount and I cannot add billable hours to it. However, the PROS definitely outweigh the CONS.

Thobane
Thobane
CEO/Founder in South Africa
Design, Self Employed

Great App

Comments: Zoho invoice makes it easier for me to create invoices on the go and be able to share them with my customers and also be able to track the transactions and history for all my clients

Pros:

What I like the most about Zoho invoice is that it is easy to use and has all the necessary tools that you will need to create, send and file proper invoices

Cons:

What I like the least about this software is that it’s a bit difficult to access the Control Panel and be able to configure some of the settings

Alternatives Considered: Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: It is much easier to use and also customize also has cheaper eco system of other services

3 years ago

Dear Thobane, Thanks for the review! We are glad to know that you are able to create invoices on-the-go and share it with your customers easily. Regarding accessing the settings, we love to know more on which part of the configuration you found to be a little hard to reach. You can reach out to [email protected] when you have the time and we shall pass on your feedback to our design team. Regards, Harikrishna

Video Director in US
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

Zoho invoice makes estimates & invoices easy

Comments: My overall experience with Zoho Invoice has been great.

Pros:

I like how you can setup the templates and integrate a variety of payment options. The online portal makes it easy for the client end to manage payments and stay informed on what is going on.

Cons:

I wish it would integrate with quickbooks easier. Also it would be easier of it had some sort of e-sign option for clients to sign the terms page on invoices.

3 years ago

Hi Alex, Thank you so much for reviewing us! We are thrilled to hear your feedback :) We are sorry that we don't have a direct integration with QB as of now. However, you can take a look at Zoho Books if you are interested. Regarding e-signing, it's currently available for estimates (your clients can sign your estimate to accept it) but not for invoices. If you'd like to know more about this, feel free to reach out to [email protected] Regards, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice Team

Marta
Communications in Spain
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

It is a "must have" for start-ups

Comments: As I have already said, this program is perfect for a startup, since it is so easy to use and very useful, so I strongly recommend them to use it. But the best thing is the fact that you can integrate it with other Zoho apps, and I can say from my own experience that this is really helpful, since you can control every aspect of you enterprise accounting in only one program.

Pros:

It is a very useful and easy software, specially for small start-ups. It allows you to easily make invoices, recurrent invoices, manage them as you wish, etc. Also, you can personalize them, since you can do your own templates, although they provide you with some. But the most important thing is that you can integrate Zoho Invoice with all other Zoho applications, such as Zoho CRM, Zoho Expense, Zoho Mail, etc. and, by this, have several different departments of your enterprise in the same page. That's what I find most useful.

Cons:

Honestly, I haven't found any problem with this program, but if I had to say something, I would say that the only negative things are small details that some times may be bothering but, at the end, are not relevant. An example of these little things could be when you make a mistake in an invoice and then you cannot modify it. It is true that you should not modify an invoice once it has been sent, but in some occasions I know I could do it without any problem.

Director in Canada
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Excellent for entrepreneurs, CRM integration

Pros:

Zoho invoice is practically must-have if you use Zoho CRM. The integration is good and it has at least 90% of the features any small to medium business would want. It has a generous free tier so you can invoice your first few clients before subscribing.

Cons:

The CRM integration is good although somewhat tricky to initialize. It's easy to get sync problems between this CRM and invoice accounts.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice: Zoho invoice is integrated strongly with zoho CRM

Switched From: FreshBooks

2 years ago

Hi Alex, Thanks a lot for the detailed review on Zoho Invoice and our native integration with Zoho CRM. We're happy to know you like it! Feel free to share your feedback anytime to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com Regards, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice Team