• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.2 /5

About Zoho Books

Simple, easy-to-use accounting software to help you manage your business finance in a smart way!

Learn more about Zoho Books

Adrian P.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-28

"It's good but not great"

Comments: I use this for our charity and it is a great low cost solution. For my business, I ultimately had to change back over to QBO. The little bugs and limitations got in the way for a more complicated business setup where QBO is well utilized in this area.

Pros: The workflows you can create are great and the support is quick to respond.

Cons: Like everything in the Zoho Suite, it is always at 80%. There are always things that don't work properly and bugs. The integration for Amazon Seller Central was not great.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-28
Mitch H.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-08

"Excellent Accounting Software for Small to Medium Size Businesses"

Pros: I use Zoho Books as part of my Zoho One subscription. Zoho is integral in the operation of my business. I have found these tools to be comprehensive, powerful, and relatively easy to learn and use. Zoho Books is certainly no exception. I love the automation tools and customization options. Support is also prompt and efficient.

Cons: If I wasn't part of Zoho One, I'm not sure I ever would have discovered or used Books. Though it is a great option, I'm not sure how it compares with other modern bookkeeping software. I haven't examined the market recently.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-08
Technical Lead
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-12

"Overall Zoho Books is easy to use and works very well for a small to medium business."

Pros: You can automate much of your purchasing and invoicing 'paperwork' process which is wasted time you can spend actually working on your business. It integrates easily with other Zoho products, QuickBooks and Google if you need it to.

Cons: While it is very easy to integrate with other zoho products like Zoho Expense it can sometimes be hard to understand how that integration is meant to work. Some best practice documentation like using Zoho Books and Zoho Expense would be great. For instance it took me a while to figure out that I needed to make sure I had chart of account line items in both. I assumed they would sync but they didn't. I had to go to expense and create the same custom line item I did in books. Not a big deal but it would have been helpful to know that I needed to do that. Customer Support can be very inconsistent. I've had very good experience with the chat support resolving my problems immediately. However, the ticket system and email can some times take days to respond. In particular, you don't have access to your support ticket so you don't know that it has been received or looked at, nor can you update it with any additional information.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-12
Kay S.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-25

"Solid, usable software with great support"

Comments: After trying about six other accounting packages for my email marketing agency, I went with Zoho Books. It was the only one that handled multiple currencies seamlessly without requiring the very top/most expensive account level. While there are some things I wish it would do differently, it's by far the best of all the different accounting solutions I have tried. In addition, their support is fast and very, very good... every time I have a question or a problem, they either resolve it or inform me of a workaround (and log a feature request on my behalf) in a minimum of time and without any hassle. The other thing I like about Zoho Books is that their feature set is always expanding - you really do need to read the notes when they announce an update, as often I've found they've added something that makes my life easier that I wouldn't have found on my own.

Pros: Customer support is excellent. Multiple currency features is good.

Cons: Some of the multiple currencies stuff - especially to do with bank accounts and payment methods - is a little clunky.

Wayne M.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-25

"Zoho Books, best move we ever did"

Comments: As our agency grew we realised that Freshbooks was not cutting it. We needed a solution that gave us a better overview of our accounting and billing. The updates and new features from Zoho Books seem like the roll out on a daily basis, always adding value and ease of use. Customer support is on point, clear communication and always on hand to make sure you are using their product correctly. We have now integrated with Zoho CRM and Projects for a full 360 of our agency processes and needs.

Pros: Simple, clean and clear UI. Nothing has come close. Onboarding our accountants was simple.

Cons: Very minimal, as we are growing we are finding that we need a few features our accountants require, but this is something they can do manually on ther end for now.

Scott F.
Operations
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-08

"ZOHO BOOKS Feel the Love"

Comments: If you are planning on using ZOHO don't forget to check out ZOHO ONE, they packaged all of the greatness of Zoho into one package. I saved money by moving over to ZOHO ONE.

Pros: I've been a faithful ZOHO BOOKS user for 9 months, the integration with all of the other ZOHO Products is shear GREATNESS! I love how other outside apps can be integrated as well. Books is great for managing the estimates, invoices, work orders along with the expenses of your company. ZOHO allows you to customize almost every aspect of the system.

Cons: Don't have high expectations of the support if needed. Some days they are on it, others they lack the luster of greatness or even normalcy. Don't hestiate to call email or chat, if its something simple, they may fix it immediately or tell you it can't be done, only to later find out it can. Other days you'll wait for 2 days then get a call back from the same person and find out that one of the programmers fixed the issue.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-08
Stelios P.
Founder / Managing Director
Internet, 11-50 Employees

"We love Zoho Books"

Comments: We are BACKBONE (www.backbonetechnology.com) and we use Zoho Books and Zoho CRM to run our Greece office. Apart from a few tax regulations that cannot be set up in the software, everything else works great for us. We absolutely LOVE the dashboard and visual representation of where our organization is on a monthly basis. We also love the reports section of the software.

Pros: Ease of use, visual representation of dashboard, reports.

Cons: not customizable to the extent required for tax laws in Greece but understandable

Natasa M.
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-09

"Very easy to use"

Comments: Very good accounting tool for SMEs, easy adaptable to country and company specifics. But they do need to improve the project managament accounting.

Pros: It's very intuitive so you can start using the tool immediately. All answers can be found online. Customizable to company's needs. They are always adding new features and reports. We love it.

Cons: The project accounting is something we would need but the way it is set up in Zoho Books, we cannot use it so we found a workaround, which is still not the perfect solution. I am also missing cash flow prediction modeling. I am also missing the xml invoice export, for that I need another tool.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-09
Luis enrique S.
Lcdo. T
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-22

"Zoho Books helps streamline all important back-office duties of thr office."

Pros: Zoho Books helps me manage finances per projects, where you can add tasks, assign members, and follow processes using your mobile device. Simply insert your sheets and client information in the system, and bill them to customers in a second.

Cons: Zoho Books is a decent program that can be nightmare. If you require anything more than the most basic accounting then Zohos ridiculously restrictive rules require you to do a workaround for the most basic transactions.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-22
Ramin S.
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-14

"Convenient platform"

Pros: Zoho books is kinda program which is being used everyday by every single one of our company. Is very useful not for only small business and also medium companies. There are tons of great tools and all of them will be "vital" ones for you. Zoho books is the best in market. Customer service is also very helpful. Price is not expensive, I think it deserves to try. Design is perfect and simplicity is the best part of it.

Cons: Working slow sometimes, scrolling and search bugs. Zoho Books has not any big problems or errors, We didn't notice any negative affect and we never felt disappointment about it.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-14
James P.
ICT Director
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-23

"Integrated Accounting Platform"

Comments: We have had an easier time in reconciliating our books since we use multiple payment gateways. To add on that, we have linked with other platfroms we are using hence we have a seamless experince.

Pros: It links with multiple finance and backing systems including local banks making it pretty easy to work with. To add on that, it runs everythign from purchasing to sales, to inventory and intergartes well with other Zoho solutions.

Cons: It on nly has payrol for USA and India this requires any organization that is not located in the two countires to seek and additional solution for payroll.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-23
Akomolafe S.
HR Administrator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-16

"Accounting Made Easy"

Comments: Zoho solves the problem of invoicing, sales recording, Management Account and all my accounting headaches.
The experience for me is all that I want and need.

Pros: The interface is very easy to navigate through. Zoho book performs magic just as you start with login. The features are excellent and you don't need an instructor to use Zoho books. It is that simple and accurate.

Cons: For now, Zoho is all I used and I love it. Stress free.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-16
Finance
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-25

"Zoho the best small business accounting software with great CRM integration"

Comments: Our business has enjoyed servicing clients who use Zoho. A great software to work with.

Pros: Zoho is cloud based therefore all your team members can work from anywhere. even from their cellphones. Zoho books comes with inventory management and other management tools for customer support and management. It is easily integrated with ecommerce platforms specifically shopify. Being cloud based we do not have to do back ups for Zoho clients.

Cons: Zoho has a very low pricing structure in the first year which then increases very much in the second year onwards.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-25
Miguel C.
Art Director
Design, 2-10 Employees

"Almost Excellent"

Comments: I'm overall very happy with my experience on Zoho books. Just a few things don't make it a 5 star experience. I would love to have the ability to completely customise my estimates and invoices. Being a design studio, it's very important that my estimates and invoices follow the rest of our brand design. Also would be good to have a desktop app for time keeping. I currently use the Chrome app and it should have the possibility of adding projects and tasks from the app itself.

Shilp P.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees

"Awesome Accounting Software"

Comments: I never use to love accounting, but when i came across Zoho Books, Accounting is the thing which i love the most now. Its so easy, so responsive, and very convenient. Automation, in app emails, reminders are awesome. Bank connectivity is great, customer support is very efficient. I can make invoices, purchase orders, quotation easily and quickly even from mobile app. Send emails from app itself. Payment reminders are way too cool. And the pricing for Zoho books as compared to the features it provides is very affordable even for small scale industries.
Zoho Books makes tedious accounting very easy.

Fabian P.
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-15

"Best tool for invoicing and more"

Pros: 1. Free trial up to 50 clients.
2. Integrates with all the apps
3. Price is good
4. Easy to expand as business grows
5. Customer support is superb

Cons: Haven't ran into any yet. We've been using zoho books for over 5 years and we can't think of one thing to complain about.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-15
Andre D.
Tech Support
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-15

"Great program!"

Pros: The ease of use is great keeps all the accounting in order, I love the recurring invoices and the overall program

Cons: I wish the program would carry over the amounts not paid on a recurring invoice so that it would show the total amount due including any past due amounts

• Reviewed on 2018-02-15
Raj M.
Executive
  • Reviewed on 2017-09-19

"Very versatile web based book keeping system"

Comments: We use all different modules for booking keeping, including estimates, quotes, pro-forma invoices, purchase order, bank reconciliation, and year end reporting.

Pros: API integration is very powerful as we build our own tools to read and write info. in invoices and POs

• Reviewed on 2017-09-19
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-31

"Excellent, affordable, accounting software"

Pros: Reasonable price for a lot of features.
Instant chat support is helpful.
Snail Mail service is reasonably priced.

Cons: Recurring invoices don't send via snail mail.
You can't see when someone views an invoice unless they have portal access setup.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-31
Lea W.
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-06

"Small Business Accounting Platform"

Pros: Zoho Books allows you to automate functions, such as emailing weekly reports/summaries and month-end financial reports to you.

Cons: It would be great if there was a way to create work orders and other more industry-specific types of documents.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-06
Frederic M.
Developper
Information Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-21

"Perfect invoicing solution for consultants"

Comments: The one thing I never liked about consulting work was sending invoices. Zoho Books is the perfect companion to help me invoice my clients rapidly and get back to work

Pros: Easy to create and modify invoices
Easy to keep track of expenses
Track time per client, project, etc..
Generate lots of reports

Cons: I honestly have not found anything I don't like about it. You can do anything from you phone, your tablet on your pc

• Reviewed on 2019-02-21
Thomas Y.
Owner, previous CEO
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-26

"The software covers all the accounting functions I need in my business"

Comments: I use this software for accounting purposes. It does what it says it does and that's basically it.

Pros: The software works fine, and covers all the accounting functions I use in my business. The software has a nice heuristic feel and is generally user friendly. The software takes a little bit of time to get things smoothly running.

Cons: Although the software is generally user friendly, the software at times requires some time commitment to get things set up the way I would like. Also, the software is less popular than some other paid accounting software, which sometimes creates problems to find individuals to do things for me.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-26
Online STEM Tutor
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-16

"Zoho is my accounts manager"

Comments: Kind of mixed experience with Zoho Books but overall recommended for new startups.

Pros: It manages my finances and make invoices in no time plus it helps to coordinate between different departments to save time and cost.

Cons: It can't be integrated into other softwares and slightly lack something that other competitors have.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-16
Robert B.
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-11

"Great tool which I've found to be Superior to the competitors"

Pros: Good integration for payment providers. Automated follow ups. Bank feeds

Cons: Delay on bank feed sync. It takes 5 days for my bank to sync with Zoho. No crypto payment support

• Reviewed on 2019-03-11
Director of Media and Communciations
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-05

"Easy to use accounting program for tracking."

Comments: Better tracking of financials and communication with clients.

Pros: Has web based portal for clients to view, print, download all invoices, bids etc. Allows easy access to documents.

Cons: Tech support is not that great. Hard to get an exact answer to specific questions sometimes. Integrations with other apps is clunky. Especially the CRM and projects.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-05