15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Escapia

Leading vacation rental software with fee-free distribution, trust accounting, reservation management, & more for property managers.

Learn more about Escapia

Pros:

Support Team is outstanding - friendly, efficient and patient saints.

Cons:

The lack of connection to Airbnb is also a serious issue along with the "Price Consitency" rules from Vrbo.

Escapia ratings

4.3
4.6
4.4
4.5

8.8/10

Escapia has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 153 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Escapia before?

Great software that provides efficient property management

Comments: they are well integrated within the hospitality industry and have multiple software options for smaller companies.

Pros:

I like the features that it provides and the customer support (rep) that we receive. I like the maintenance app, the housekeeping dashboard, new owner portal, online university and dynamic pricing model that is in process (beta currently).

Cons:

At our size, some of the more customizable items that we want are not able to be created. the housekeeping app (shared with maintenance), is not as user friendly as the dashboard, however, the dashboard can be accessed online via a website.

Lanie
Operations Director in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

We love Escapia!

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has been great and seems to be getting better and better!

Pros:

Escapia was a huge step up from our last PMS and constantly going the extra mile to perfect services available to customers. Definitely makes our business able to run seamlessly with their features. Kristen is an incredible help!

Cons:

Cusomized reporting needed but it seems to be going in that direction!

Bethany
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

A Big Complicated Software.

Comments: Escape has a lot of features, and potentially a lot of power, but it's so complicated that it's easy to miss a step and mess something up badly. Almost nothing about the software is user-friendly or intuitive, everything is convoluted and complicated, and requires many steps and a lot of double-checking. This also applies to EscapiaNET, which is also not as straightforward as one would hope since property information shows up differently on different platforms. I would count this one of the most useful features of Escapia. We have enjoyed being able to integrate with Glad To Have You and use that for guest communication and contracts, and we also push our properties out to other platforms. EscapiaNET is not without flaws and we have had issues even integrating with VRBO (which is also owned by HomeAway so you would think that would be easy), mostly because of the number of complicated, easy-to-forget steps to make sure everything is perfect in Escape. However, to be fair, I don't know if integration through any other property management software would provide better integration. As it does seem like a very challenging thing to do well.

Pros:

Escape customer support has done a good job troubleshooting and explaining how things work when I contact them. There are also lots of training resources, self-help articles, explanatory videos, etc, available. I have also heard that the Escape accounting features are useful and thorough. I have not had any experience with the accounting side of Escapia.

Cons:

One of the things that have been most frustrating about Escapia is the Owner web feature, which is supposed to provide an owner portal where our property owners can log in and see property details, upcoming reservations, owner documents, etc. Owner web itself is pretty limited, which is fine if that's what you want. One problem is that as of now owners cannot reset their password, and so they always have to contact us if they forget it so that we can change it for them. Another challenge has been that many of our owners own more than one property and that for accounting purposes each of these units has to be set up with different owners. That means that when one of those owners logs into the owner portal they can only see one of their properties unless they set up separate logins for each property, which includes separate email addresses. But then those email addresses will automatically be where their owner statements are sent, so if they want all the owner's statements to go to one email, they will have to forward them. We do not want to make our owners jump through hoops like this. We want their experience to be as simple and streamlined as possible. Escapia also lacks some features (such as automated emails, simpler reports, better filters for sending a guest communication, and the ability to add attachments to that communication) that would make the software more functional. I have also heard from our maintenance and housekeeping teams that Escapia is challenging for them to understand and use as they would like to. Basically, we've ended up using other software and strategies to fill in the gaps and give us the features we want, which is a little disappointing considering the seeming hugeness and complexity of Escapia.

Escapia Response

7 years ago

Hi Bethany, We apologize for the delay in response. We are continuously working on new features and enhancements and your Client Solutions Manager will be happy to share those with you. Please contact us at [email protected] and use the title of ¿Related to Capterra¿ if you would like. It sounds like you already take advantage of our training, support, and other resources, but we would love to show you what other tools we have that might be helpful for you and your team. Thank you for your feedback, HomeAway Software

Paula

Review for Escapia

Comments: Escapia is simply fantastic! As someone who relies heavily on vacation rental management software, I can confidently say that Escapia exceeds expectations. Its user-friendly interface makes managing properties a breeze, and the robust features ensure seamless booking and communication with guests. The customer support team is incredibly responsive and helpful, always ready to assist with any queries or issues. With Escapia, I can focus on delivering exceptional experiences to my guests, knowing that my property management needs are in capable hands. Highly recommend it to anyone in the vacation rental industry!

Pros:

Customer service. I give them five-stars all day long. Super helpful, supportive and go above and beyond to help solve any issue you may have. User friendly, easy to navigate.

Cons:

The only con I would like to mention is the amount of time it takes for new units to pull and go live.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Reasons for Switching to Escapia: All the options that Escapia offered. The addition of [sensitive content hidden] statements and being a one stop shop for all management needs.

Carly

Faithful & Happy Escapia user for over 10 years

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The software is great and easy to use. We are happy to have grown our vacation rental company with Escapia for the last 10+ years. The support team is super helpful and our account manager has always been a huge help and an avid cheerleader of ours and our business. The updates over the years have been proactive and worthwhile to their and our own growth. It is easy to distribute properties to Vrbo & AirBnB. We would not think of switching companies for our PMS

Cons:

Knowing and learning all the moving parts and the back end of the software system can be a bit challenging and daunting but when you first learn it, but it's easy to manage once support is able to walk you through it.

Medicore Software In A Sea Of Mediocrity

Pros:

Tries very hard to be an all in one solution, direct integration with HomeAway/VRBO, good customer support, the team is clearly working hard on improvements but it's a bit like trying to push a dinosaur up a hill.

Cons:

Very disjointed, I often refer to it as frankenstein because it feels like all the modules were poorly connected together. Does not have an open API so integration with other systems is limited. Overall the software is very old and outdated and while improvements are on the horizon, they are coming slowly and in the meanwhile my patience is running out.

Alternatives Considered: Barefoot, Streamline and Kigo

Derek

12+ years Client

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: They support team is the best. Easy to connect with, on hold times are less than 30 seconds, account management team is great.

Pros:

I am very impressed with their new rate manager. It is amazing and is helping grow our bookings.

Cons:

It took them too long to connect with Airbnb. More business reports that can be intergrated into the business dashboard. Create owner projection reports to help us grow our inventory.

Tami

Escapia Software

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Excellent experience. I can highly recommend the ease of using Escapia whether it is for accounting purposes or reservations.

Pros:

Ease of use and ease for staff use. Accurate transactions and easy accounting.

Cons:

support times sometimes slow, but always get an answer.

Escapia Response

6 days ago

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the kind words and look forward to growing our product for you.

Renda
Owner Property manager in US

Escapia is the perfect software system for Vacation Rentals

5.0 last month New

Comments: I am very satisfied with Escapia. Customer support is amazing.

Pros:

Ease of use! It literally does everything that I need.

Cons:

I wish the lines were not so close together or were more defined highlighted. My run together on me!

Lori
Executive administrator in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Escapia works great for me

5.0 last month New

Comments: Escapia is user friendly, support is always helpful.

Pros:

The [sensitive content hidden] of Princeville Vacations purchased and pays for escapia. I do not know what the fees are that he pays.

Cons:

So far it is up to date the "Rates Manager" is a huge improvement

Hayley
Vacation Planner in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Best Overall Management Software

Comments: It makes the ease of making reservation easy for our staff overall and the guests have less wait time on the phone while making a reservation. The ease of adjusting rents and creating rate rules allows for more revenue at the end of each year without any mistakes.

Pros:

So many great things to say it is hard to know where to start. It is so easy to keep track of what is being completed where and by who. Always time stamps with names on holds, reservations, payments, refunds as well as email correspondence. The visual calendar is another added bonus because it gives a great overall picture of each home and dates that are and are not available so filing spots is very easy. The quick quote feature is fabulous as you can pick a home in the drop down menu and apply any filter and discounts that you already have up to any home easily. Web based is a very huge bonus because you are able to view any information on any device no matter where you are. The software also links up to many other sites so linking and sharing homes and rates is as easy as clicking a button and everything feeds right over. The quick search button at the top makes it very easy to find reservations that are valid or cancelled without having to use many steps.

Cons:

When adding some new charges they can be hard to track if you are not 100% sure which report that you should be running to find them. Processing revenue can be difficult at some times when guests are in house and reservations crossover between months. This is mostly because if you need to adjust a reservation and revenue has already been processed it can cause some errors with commissions. Just have to be extra aware of what you are doing to not make any mistakes.

Ralph
owner in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Beach Blue Escapia Review

Comments: Overall, Escapia has been a very good platform for us. There are way more features available than we will ever use.

Pros:

Escapia is a complete and thorough vacation rental management software that covers almost all software needs related to the vacation rental industry.

Cons:

Escapia is not very user friendly and is not easy to learn. Also, when we onboarded with Escapia years ago, the training was at best incomplete. We didn't find that out until years later at Rezfest in a one on one session with accounting. Escapia then wanted over $3,000 to help fix the issues that we were not trained properly on in the beginning. Over the years, we have trained ourselves on how to fix those issues and how to use the modules we need. Also, when Escapia has issues or glitches in the system then do not notify anyone of the issues. Escapia waits until we have an issue and then admits there is a glitch they are working on. I just wish that we would be notified when there are issues, so we don't spend hours trying to figure things out before calling support.

Operations Coordinator in US

Going Beyond a Necessary Evil

Comments: I like the changes we are seeing in Escapia. I still have some baggage from their past communication practices (starting around 2018) that have given me a lasting impression of a "like it or leave" attitude. By this, I mean that they would make sweeping changes that felt at odds with their service partners, with little window for feedback or interaction, all while knowing that there are few better alternatives to their platform. They've improved their communication since 2018, but I still find myself unsure if their changes are for the better of their PM clients. I think they are taking the right steps, however, and my trust is being rebuilt in them.

Pros:

I like the gradual commitment to improvement that Escapia has been implementing over the past year. I think the COVID-19 crisis prompted urgent action on improving their software, now that most people in the vacation rental industry are working remotely. The UI changes and business/performance dashboards have made navigating and interpreting information much better.

Cons:

The unit integration navigation still feels clunky. Thankfully, we don't have a substantial amount of 3rd-party apps that we need to integrate, but it would be nice to have a core integration hub that makes app navigation easier.

Katie

Great Software for Vacation Rental Business

Comments: Great software for a small to medium sized vacation rental business!

Pros:

Switching from our old PMS was handled very well by the implementation staff and we are so glad we made the move! The most important part to our decision to switch was the integration with VRBO/Homeaway and bring able to work with a website host/digital marketing agency that understands our PMS.

Cons:

The service order module is not set up well for how we run our maintenance staff. Our staff is not able to enter a task assigned to a unit number with an amount of time associated with it, that we can then transfer to an owner statement to be charged. There are too many fields that need to be filled out and it just doesn't make sense for us.

Bethany
Guest Relations Manager in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Love Escapia, excited for their new software

Comments: I have loved my experience with Escapia and VRBO! They have wonderful customer service and this software is very easy to use.

Pros:

I have so many great things to say about Escapia. My number one is customer support. If you can't figure something out immediately, give them a call and it will be fixed within minutes. We manage 70 vacation rental properties and use Escapia for pictures, descriptions, rates, everything! We recently attended one of their meetings where they announced they will be launching a new, more updated Escapia to combine their other softwares as well. I am very excited!

Cons:

Sometimes it will go out for a while, but they do always have it back up and running in a timely manner. There's nothing to say I like the least because they are always willing to fix anything.

Alexandra
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for vacation rental management companies small to large!

Comments: I have used Escapia or V12 at several companies for more than 8 years and I think once you learn the basics, it is very easy to become a master user, and I keep finding new features and reports that are really helpful!

Pros:

The 3 best features of Escapia are 1. they are always updating and adding new features to be current with trends and needs of property manager. 2. They have absolutely the best support team of any software I have used to date. 3. The seamless integration with VRBO/HomeAway is unmatched with any other program!

Cons:

The upfront cost is steep especially given how many other web based programs charge per unit and not a huge upfront commitment. And the aesthetic of the site to me, is not very appealing and seems out of date.

Brittany
Manager of Operations in US

Easy, efficient, and well worth the investment. We have been on for over 4 years now!

Pros:

Easy to use, constant updates with details/advanced notice and how-tos, many....MANY reports from which to choose. Great marketing API feeds for listing sites/software to help you succeed in the vacation rental space, color-coded reservation grid for easy filtering and tracking.

Cons:

The ability for Homeaway/VRBO brand to match back reservations on source - I pay for a secure software. The last thing I want is my data being stored, shared, and who knows what else by marketing platforms. While the reports are fantastic, sometimes it'd be nice to have the ability to make your own report that didn't cost an arm and a leg for information that's already in the system.

Karrie
General Manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Escapia is by far the best software I have ever used!!

Comments: I have nothing but positive things to say about Escapia software. It is the best!! They are constantly making it better by doing upgrades and adding features to an already great platform! This software has great functionality and is easy to use. It integrates with our website so our guests can see live availability calendars. The automatic payment processing along with some many other features are huge time savers. The customer support is phananominal! I always get a live person who is knowledgeable and can quickly help me solve what ever challenge I am having! They always follow-up to make sure everything is working correctly and to be sure the resolution is working. I highly recommend Escapia! You will be happy you converted to it! I know we are!!

Pros:

Easy of use and Customer Support

Cons:

I can'tell think of anything I don't like.

James
Manager in US

Best Part of Escapia is the Team

Pros:

The best part about Escapia is the team; all of the Client Solutions Team managers are great! Special shout out to [sensitive content hidden] who is always attentive to my business needs and in front of any potential problems. I cannot speak highly enough.

Cons:

No complaints. I do wish the connectivity to certain sites was a bit better but that is rapidly improving.

Karen
owner in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Rental Software that allows me to grow my business

Comments: I have been in the vacation rental industry for over 15 years and have been using Escapia for the last four years. A few of the reasons I am pleased with Escapia are: it is cloud based, extremely user friendly, integrates well with 3rd party channels, has built in auto responder to inquiries & auto sign contract capability, has great maintenance and housekeeping portals, and most importantly fantastic support. Another huge item to me is Escapia continually develops new ways to not only improve the product, but it truly focuses on ways their product can help my business grow. Hands down, best rental software I have ever used!

Pros:

Ease of use, housekeeping and maintenance portals

Cons:

A few minor glitches occasionally, but they are always on top of it!

Matthew
Owner/CEO in US

We love Escapia!

Pros:

We went from a spreadsheet and google calendar system to Escapia 5 years ago, and we are so glad that we did. We have eliminated double bookings and so many other possible errors with this fully integrated system. And the powerful accounting module made it possible to grow our business dramatically over the last 5 years.

Cons:

The accounting component is complicated to use, but we have mastered it. I'm not sure any full function accounting software would be simpler to use, but I don't know.

Travis
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Escapia is essential to the success and operations of our business.

Comments: Very positive, my Escapia representative, [sensitive content hidden], is very responsive and a tremendous asset.

Pros:

Always working to improve and add features.

Cons:

Some key features have better implementation from 3rd party providers than directly from Escapia

Mandi
Vacation Planner in US

Room for improvement

Comments: Escapia is taking feedback and appear to be working to improve the software. Currently though it is a daily frustration. The system stops working daily, it's slow, doesn't communicate well with our other software systems. Hoping the new updates later this year will remedy many of the issues we've experienced.

Pros:

For the most part it is easy to use and mostly self-explanatory for creating and monitoring reservations.

Cons:

It experiences glitches or stops working almost daily. We continuously receive a screen for "server error" or just a grey spinning wheel, that prevents your from doing anything. Many days we have to log off or clear cookies just to get it to work again. This happens far too frequently to be beneficial for our company.

Sunny
Property Management Logistics in US
Commercial Real Estate Software, 11–50 Employees

Happy Clients

Comments: All good. The improvements being made are wonderful and we hope will continue! Making our lives easier

Pros:

Customer service always answers! Never have an issue with mixed up dates!

Cons:

They are improving daily and have a suggestion box which I love - nothing to complain about right now!

Brian
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Support is great but some changes to program seem rushed and not thought out well.

Comments: Escapia is a great retail rental reservation and property management software for vacation rental property managers. The system is always online and support is excellent. The industry is evolving quickly and Escapia tries to stay current.

Pros:

The reservations section is very good, distribution partners, and support is great to communicate with. Trust the software and never reporting for reservations.

Cons:

Lead management system, service orders, and some accounting reports are very challenging to use and we use outside software for these functions.