Heartland Retail Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Heartland Retail

Heartland Retail is more than just a POS! Learn about our enterprise-grade retail management features!

Learn more about Heartland Retail

Eric M.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2015-11-03

"Springboard Retail is modern POS software at it's very best."

Pros: The Springboard Retail team hails from a multi-store retail background so they know first-hand what POS software needs to do, how it should work and that it must to be simple and intuitive to use. That is exactly what they have created; no fluff, incredibly flexible and reliable software that is as close as one can get to a custom written solution, offered at a reasonable price. Unlike many other platforms that try to serve restaurants, grocery stores, and everything in between, Springboard simply focuses on doing one thing incredibly well - retail. The software provides quick access to key customer information that enables sales staff to offer exceptional and personalized customer service, and offers the most extensive reporting system I've seen in the various products I've used or researched.

Cons: I'm hard pressed to find fault with Springboard Retail as it quite capably addresses all of our retail apparel multi-store needs. That said, there are aspects that can and undoubtedly will be improved upon to make it applicable to a wider range of specialty businesses. For example, I don't think it specifically handles service/repair requests, but with a little creativity and assistance from their knowledgeable support team it likely can. Great software must walk a fine line between maintaining simplicity and offering a plethora of features which inevitably clutter screens and steepen the learning curve. Springboard is designed to be simple, and as long as they hold true to this commitment, they will undoubtedly become an industry leader. Thus far, this is one of those rare instances where I feel fortunate to be a somewhat early adopter.

• Reviewed on 2015-11-03
Seth G.
Director of Operations
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-05

"Great product, even better company"

Comments: I consider it a great decision on our part to go with Springboard Retail. While I am able to list some areas of opportunities for them, it is very reassuring to know that they constantly strive to improve their software based on client input. They actually really listen to feedback and many times act on it quickly if other clients can benefit from the change. This is refreshing. In my opinion, it would be challenging to find a better value or partnership on the market.

Pros: Ease of use - intuitive nature
Support team - always feel as if we are partners working together
Dynamic Reporting
Easy to customize certain fields to fit business needs
Real-time reporting and sales sales metrics
Mobility - using ipads within the stores, viewing results via smartphone
Integration - happy with the timeline, support, and ease
Training - very easy to train on this software, love the training mode
Knowledge base - this is such a big plus. The articles are current and easy to find quickly
Search capability - this is easily overlooked, but being able to put in part of an item's name, number or description and find what you need is huge! Same with customer information.

Cons: Within the current software, I would like to be able to use a fiscal calendar vs the Gregorian calendar.
Outside of software- although Springboard Retail is focusing on their core competencies, I do wish the following was available within the software and not through third parties:
Time clock feature
Loyalty/VIP Customer feature
Integrated payment - we use Clover and integrate

• Reviewed on 2018-03-05
Katie S.
Buyer
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-13

"Amazing Customer Service and Support"

Comments: The support team is available around the clock, any time I call in my request is greeted by a real person who immediately is able to help. They are very responsive and proactive about any bugs or issues in the software (which do happen from time to time) - they are always adding new features and updates. Overall, the software just makes SENSE to a lay person - it's clear that the person who designed it is in retail! There are always improvements to be made, and the support team is always happy to listen to my concerns. Overall, great people to work with.

Pros: User friendly, Great reporting

Cons: Exports to PDF are not the most clear, bugs in software happen occasionally

Xiorelis C.
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-20

"Good system for small retailers"

Comments: I am happy with the service provided, customer service responds very fast, the reporting part of the system is great and very friendly to use. I do wish you had more POS hardware available, cooler looking ipad size hardware, etc.

Pros: Reports
Easy to use
I can access from any computer anywhere I go
Great customer service

Cons: Hardware options are limited

• Reviewed on 2017-01-20
Amel S.
Designer
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-11

"Manadge your store, clients and inventory in one app."

Comments: Good software, wish there was a less expensive version.

Pros: Springboard retail is a great point of sale software. You can have your inventory save in a cloud, your costumer preferences saved in the app, wich helps vendors to push sales and find the best matches for the buyer and improve revenue. It also generates multiple graphics and informations for better managing your stores, knowing every information about your products and how they're selling. Is a great tool to have.

Cons: It doesn't have a free version and the single store option is expensive. I believe that the multi store or franchise are more attractive.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-11
Richard Q.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-22

"Easy to use"

Pros: Software is easy to use. Works well for our products

Cons: Needs better choices for printers vs having to take extra steps to print receipts

• Reviewed on 2019-08-22
Matthew R.
Website Designer
  • Reviewed on 2017-04-20

"Website Designer"

Comments: Two-way integration with E-commerce platform is really what sold us on Springboard.

Pros: I love that the system is so user-friendly! The reporting on this pos really helps the buyers anticipate what to buy for the next season. The best thing about this POS is the two-way integration with e-commerce platforms that easily pushes out the uploaded inventory from the POS directly to your E-commerce platform.

Cons: For us, the advanced migration process took a long time. Better communication and management needed on the migration team as well as the training team.

• Reviewed on 2017-04-20
Hailey M.
Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-07

"User friendly and easy to navigate"

Pros: I love it. It's easy to learn, easy to navigate, and user-friendly even on the first try. Customer service is awesome and it's great for the price.

Cons: Sometimes it runs a little slow and has a couple of glitches but that depends on the day, so no real complaints.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-07
Lauren F.
  • Reviewed on 2014-07-07

"I use this daily for checking out customers at vestique."

Pros: Training is easy, and overall, it is very user-friendly compared to other products we have used.

Cons: I wish we could search directly from the Find tab instead of having to click on the Find button and then on Search. It would be easier if you could start searching automatically by typing what you are looking for into the search bar. When doubling up new customers, I wish it would ask if you want to add a duplicate or not.

• Reviewed on 2014-07-07
Jennifer J.
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-18

"Shopify is easy!"

Comments: We started this year with Shopify. It was a breeze to import vendors, stock and customer lists. The volunteers, most of whom work one shift a week or even once every two weeks, find it intuitive. Anytime I've needed help with a report, I've been able to find it in the help section or someone has e-mailed a solution the next day. We love it! Jennifer Jansen
Guest Services Manager
Locust Grove
Louisville, KY
www.locustgrove.org

• Reviewed on 2017-01-18
Nehal S.
  • Reviewed on 2016-04-01

"Only going to get better!"

Comments: Highly flexible, intuitive to use. They are always adding more features. Great support staff, some of the guys there really understand business and my needs and have been truly helpful in taking the sting out of switching to a new POS. Overall I am happy with the product and get more excited about it as they roll out new features.

• Reviewed on 2016-04-01
Katie S.
  • Reviewed on 2015-07-30

"Incredible System"

Pros: We moved over from RICS because it was an older slower moving system. Springboard's reporting function is dynamic - it works as fast as my brain works. In the past, I would run a report on performance and invariably another question would come up while I was reviewing that report - In RICS I would have to go back and rerun another report (5 mins) - with Springboard I can slice the data any way I want in a matter of seconds. I also have been consistently impressed by the support team - any time I have a question, the team is available to answer my questions - and always with a friendly and helpful attitude. ALWAYS. I know their names, they know who I am, it just feels really comforting to know I have a support team who seems to care about my business as much as I do. If they don't have the answer I am looking for, they are always quick to provide a suggestion for a workaround AND add my need to a list of projects they have going forward. I have seen almost every single one of my suggestions turn into a feature on Springboard. I also really like that I can open up another register (Station) as my business dictates - I am not locked into paying for features that I only use seasonally.

Cons: There are not many bad things I can say about Springboard. Every complaint I have has been addressed - occasionally I will request a feature or a metric (Inventory Turn!) that is not available now - and for the most part I have seen them implemented. There are several features concerning Open to Buy that I would like to see going forward. Also, Springboard only integrates with one Credit Card Processor, and although they were able to give me a very low rate, it's not great to be locked into one option. Also there have been a few outages in service (very few but still a scary situation)

• Reviewed on 2015-07-30
Steven L.
  • Reviewed on 2021-09-03

"Read the contract"

Comments: Awful. Was lied to by representatives prior to set up that cancellation will not cost anything if I did not like the system. This is one of those systems that if you plan to get installed, READ THE CONTRACT and DO NOT BELIEVE THE REPRESENTATIVE.

Pros: Nothing at all, everything was expensive to set up. We were sold equipment we already had on hand before installation.
The POS system itself was very outdated and hard for myself, and my employees to use.
Does not have a tipping system as we were told by representative prior to set up.

Cons: Everything, the fees, the monthly cost, and how outdated the system was on functionally and use compared to what is out there in the market.

• Reviewed on 2021-09-03
Mike W.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-09

"9,000 SKU's and 30 days to make the change - DONE!"

Comments: We were terrified of changing POS systems in September right before the holidays. It just didn't seem conceivable to me that I could make the switch to making sales within our 30 day window. I was convinced we would make it after week two of the transition. I was truly stunned at how easy it went - I am a realist and just knew we'd come up against something that would stand in our way. It didn't and we nailed the date easy.

Pros: VERY flexible platform allows a decent level of customization to make sure you can parse your data the way YOU need to - not how someone somewhere THINKS you need to. Rock solid and reliable importing/exporting. This POS does what a POS system should do - make you more efficient. We're still only a couple weeks in but we feel like we know it pretty well and I have confidence we made a good choice for our retail business.

Cons: I would like US based phone support but they actually manage the chat support surprisingly well. We've not been left hanging yet and we've not stumped them, so I am not feeling to bad about it - as long as they keep up as the demand increases, which I am sure it will.

• Reviewed on 2017-10-09
Luanne P.
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-16

"Great Software for Retail Stores"

Comments: This is a great software for a retail store. It is wonderful if you have multiple locations. Love being able to check the status of the stores from anywhere.

Pros: Easy to use, love the reporting, love that it is cloud based.

Cons: Sometimes struggle to create reports but that is probably more operator error. Most other items that I did not like have been fixed over time.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-16
Andree F.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Reviewed on 2016-04-05

"Go Springboard or Go Home!"

Pros: I love the product. It was so easy to get up and running --the SB team was really helpful. The best part about Springboard is the powerful reporting tool. I have access to mission critical data that allows me to make better business decisions. I have visibility into all aspects of my business from anywhere. It truly is a bottom lime booster!

Cons: Everything the product does, it does very well. I'm a wholesaler using a retail platform so I have some work arounds but it's worth it.

• Reviewed on 2016-04-05
Katie F.
Field Operations Manager

"Love the Support!"

Comments: I am always very happy with the support and extra effort the support staff provides at Springboard Retail. I appreciate the time spent on explaining processes and the empathy that show being in retail.

John R.
Merchandise manager
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-06

"Springboard Retail software"

Comments: This software has been the easiest to learn and the report capabilities are amazing. You can sent them to review customer by vendor and size to a multitude of inventory and vendor reports. We have found the learning curve to quick and with adding touch screen monitors, easy.

Pros: Ease of use and reporting

• Reviewed on 2016-12-06
Natalie S.
  • Reviewed on 2014-12-11

"Springboard is a great point of sale and inventory management Software"

Pros: There are many ways to customize and organize the inventory according to our needs. The support team at Springboard is prompt, informative and courteous.

Cons: We have had issues with running credit cards, and sometimes the program will crash unexpectedly. Springboard has yet to offer a way to synch up the inventory management with our website, which they have been promising but have not yet delivered.

• Reviewed on 2014-12-11
Priom R.
Website Designer
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-22

"Great to be on board"

Pros: -user friendliness
-user interference
-customer support
-reporting
-two way integration with BigCommerce promised to be coming soon

Cons: The only negative feedback I can give now is that Springboard does not have an employee time clock tracking.

• Reviewed on 2017-02-22
Daniel K.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 2014-12-23

"Useful Tool"

Pros: It has a simple interface that makes transactions as easy as possible.

Cons: The cost is still not too minimal and could be better going forward.

• Reviewed on 2014-12-23
Caroline A.
  • Reviewed on 2014-06-26

"Wonderful!"

Pros: I love how user-friendly it is!

Cons: Sometimes it does freeze! Also, I wish that it would integrate more easily.

• Reviewed on 2014-06-26
Dawn S.
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-28

"Just wasn't what I was expecting"

Pros: I was trying various POS systems and I almost purchased this system but it could not do what I needed it to. The only pro I can come up with is that customer service went out of their way to try and make this work for us.

Cons: Cons? Several. It was not that easy to use. It cost more than some competitors and if you need more than one location - forget it!

• Reviewed on 2018-03-28
Alicia L.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-20

"Springboard is good no customer service though"

Pros: I like that it’s easy to set up and It gives you lots of different options to customize your inventory

Cons: The customer service isn’t good and they charge you to get more. Never heard of a company doing that before

• Reviewed on 2018-07-20
Josh H.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-03

"no refund no matter how poor the services is"

Pros: i do not know what the pros would be because they were not a good fit for our company. they didn't care about my experience and refused to refund my money.

Cons: it does not matter to them if they are a good fit for your company. I realized in one week that it was not a good fit for us. they kept my money for a full year subscription and i got nothing in return

• Reviewed on 2018-08-03